NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK (Survival, Reboot) - OOC / Hiatus

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you still here and/or interested in keeping this RP afloat? Be honest.

• Yes
33%
• Yes (but unable to post)
52%
• No
14%

Total votes : 21

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:41 pm

New Finnish Republic wrote:*Cracks Knuckles* Let's do this.

I should ask, for interaction with NPCs, do I have free reign to do with them what I please? Dialogue, actions, etc.

If you feel comfortable writing for Jones the by all means, otherwise I'll step in as needed.

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:Can't reply till 2morrow, need me some shuteye.

Was hoping you could have done more with the setting I gave you. So much you could have reacted to.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:44 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
New Finnish Republic wrote:*Cracks Knuckles* Let's do this.

I should ask, for interaction with NPCs, do I have free reign to do with them what I please? Dialogue, actions, etc.

If you feel comfortable writing for Jones the by all means, otherwise I'll step in as needed.

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:Can't reply till 2morrow, need me some shuteye.

Was hoping you could have done more with the setting I gave you. So much you could have reacted to.

I could add more. What do you suggest, I have a bit more time, to add on but not make an entire extra paragraph.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Kaidou wrote:
Parcia wrote:
Two things that are perfectly survivable if one thinks clearly, then again, he did just light up a meth pipe.

Its usually the aforementioned people, then the stoner, then the hot one, and finally the jock/prep guy that dies.

I'm not very familiar with zombie narratives, so... who are the least likely to die?

That's more slasher narrative. In the original zombie movie, the black guy survives.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:48 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:I could add more. What do you suggest, I have a bit more time, to add on but not make an entire extra paragraph.

Make a narrative. You're alone and going into a place that is, by all accounts, dead. How do you react? What do you do? Thoughts? Feelings? Another way to put it is that you are rushing for the main quest instead of taking your time to explore the side plots. There's no right thing to do but giving an in-depth account of what's happening is a lot more satisfying to read as opposed to rushing in and hitting a zombie on the head. Plus, with Kaidou, you could even go through the aquarium together.

For the most part this RP will be pretty slow-paced once things settle down, meaning you can take your time to make great posts instead of rushing out a paragraph.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:50 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:
Kaidou wrote:
I'm not very familiar with zombie narratives, so... who are the least likely to die?

That's more slasher narrative. In the original zombie movie, the black guy survives.

Would a strong but slow and non-flexible [But not fat] 18 year old gun and axe wielding logger have a good chance of living?
Or an 18 year old black boxer and basketball player from the hood with brass knuckles and a nail board or something of the sort?

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:55 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:I could add more. What do you suggest, I have a bit more time, to add on but not make an entire extra paragraph.

Make a narrative. You're alone and going into a place that is, by all accounts, dead. How do you react? What do you do? Thoughts? Feelings? Another way to put it is that you are rushing for the main quest instead of taking your time to explore the side plots. There's no right thing to do but giving an in-depth account of what's happening is a lot more satisfying to read as opposed to rushing in and hitting a zombie on the head. Plus, with Kaidou, you could even go through the aquarium together.

For the most part this RP will be pretty slow-paced once things settle down, meaning you can take your time to make great posts instead of rushing out a paragraph.

I will, but I need to make sure Kaidou doesn't rush in and do things while I'm gone overnight and at school to have some time for perfection, as good as it turns out to be.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:I will, but I need to make sure Kaidou doesn't rush in and do things while I'm gone overnight and at school to have some time for perfection, as good as it turns out to be.

You can just ask Kaidou how he wants to do things. It's perfectly fine to plan things in the OOC as needed.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:57 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:I will, but I need to make sure Kaidou doesn't rush in and do things while I'm gone overnight and at school to have some time for perfection, as good as it turns out to be.

You can just ask Kaidou how he wants to do things. It's perfectly fine to plan things in the OOC as needed.

I'll be going finally. Need some sleep.

Kaidou
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:00 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Make a narrative. You're alone and going into a place that is, by all accounts, dead. How do you react? What do you do? Thoughts? Feelings? Another way to put it is that you are rushing for the main quest instead of taking your time to explore the side plots. There's no right thing to do but giving an in-depth account of what's happening is a lot more satisfying to read as opposed to rushing in and hitting a zombie on the head. Plus, with Kaidou, you could even go through the aquarium together.

I will, but I need to make sure Kaidou doesn't rush in and do things while I'm gone overnight and at school to have some time for perfection, as good as it turns out to be.

I'm perfectly fine with anything, so I'll let you take the lead here.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:01 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:That's more slasher narrative. In the original zombie movie, the black guy survives.

Would a strong but slow and non-flexible [But not fat] 18 year old gun and axe wielding logger have a good chance of living?
Or an 18 year old black boxer and basketball player from the hood with brass knuckles and a nail board or something of the sort?

I dunno. I don't really watch zombie movies that much to know the full on typecast of characters and what order they die in. Those characters aren't really stereotypes either, so i'd say you're good to go.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:16 pm

I think the fire in the theater should be a objective

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

WIP APP

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:19 pm

WIP

Name: Gabriel Reyes
Nationality: Chicago, USA
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Age/DOB: 17, January 20, 1998
Pic/Description:

Immunity: Gifted

Equipment:

Skills: Self anointed gun expert, he is very knowledgeable (understatement) about firearms, down to the very bare bone specifics for many. He can often reel off facts and critiques on the guns he finds. Clear and leveled head, Gabriel can make decisions in the heat of the moment. With his tactical mind and natural instincts, he can prove to be of strategic importance when push comes to shove and will no doubt be one of the first to react when a situation turns south. Ambidextrous
Weakness: Physical labor of any kind is an automatic nope for him. Despite what he claims, Gabriel has no actual experience with any weapon whatsoever. His curiosity often gets the best of him. Also unfortunately for him, Gabriel is lactose intolerant (though it's on the less serious spectrum of people)
Personality: Gabriel favors using a larger, advanced vocabulary, preferring to think of himself as mentally superior to everyone else. He is often smug and arrogant although deep inside quite self-conscious. He can come off as lazy, annoying and about a million other things at first but if given time to know him, one will not only find Gabriel a useful ally, but a loyal friend who's smarts should be able to keep everyone around him alive.
Likes: Chess, Cleanliness, Science, Video Games, Studying the blade, comic books (and lets just put down anything under "geek" while we're at it) and a place he can call home.
Dislikes: Spicy food, Corruption, Chaos, Strict Rules, Having to help out.
Fears: Claustrophobia, Mysophobia and Germaphobia.

Bio: (Two paragraphs minimum.)

RP Examples: Paragon Industries The Infinites

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
Last edited by The Land of Golden Blobfish on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:20 pm

Shark isle wrote:I think the fire in the theater should be a objective

We'll get to it. Post coming up. You're about to have company.

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Shark isle wrote:I think the fire in the theater should be a objective

We'll get to it. Post coming up. You're about to have company.

Alright. But don't expect my guy to fight

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:29 pm

Left my post open ended so Bei can dictate the outcome. If anyone has a problem with the rest of the post I'd be glad to fix it.
Last edited by Tayner on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:18 pm

James is now in Wrigley and has started to work on the objective. I'm gonna hit the sack for now, and write the rest up tomorrow.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:20 pm

Shark isle wrote:Alright. But don't expect my guy to fight

Took longer than expected but post is up.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:22 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Shark isle wrote:Alright. But don't expect my guy to fight

Took longer than expected but post is up.

Looks good. I wonder how (if) Luke is going to meet Sam in the reboot.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:28 pm

New Finnish Republic wrote:James is now in Wrigley and has started to work on the objective. I'm gonna hit the sack for now, and write the rest up tomorrow.

Also, reading your post, if you so wanted you could have the guy go with you in finding the bat?

Tayner wrote:Looks good. I wonder how (if) Luke is going to meet Sam in the reboot.

Didn't they all meet at Sears Tower the first time?
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:31 pm

Beiarusia wrote:Didn't they all meet at Sears Tower the first time?

Yeah. But last time Luke was only drawn to the tower because Vincent set off an IED. AA hasn't come back, has he? What's going to bring everyone together at the tower this time?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:41 pm

Tayner wrote:Yeah. But last time Luke was only drawn to the tower because Vincent set off an IED. AA hasn't come back, has he? What's going to bring everyone together at the tower this time?

Samantha wants to go looking for her father, but I'll likely have an Objective pulling people towards conflict the tower.

Posted a quick response. Don't expect me to respond so quickly every time. Also, Samantha uses British Sign Language which is completely different from ASL, meaning if anyone knows ASL they'd still be unable to communicate effectively.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015

Postby Ithalian Empire » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:42 pm

It feels so good to be writing characters again. I hope there's nothing to glaringly wrong with that post.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:46 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Tayner wrote:Yeah. But last time Luke was only drawn to the tower because Vincent set off an IED. AA hasn't come back, has he? What's going to bring everyone together at the tower this time?

Samantha wants to go looking for her father, but I'll likely have an Objective pulling people towards conflict the tower.

Ok. How's Lieutenant Grey holding out?

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Tag

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:51 pm

Tayner wrote:Ok. How's Lieutenant Grey holding out?

Honestly, I'll get to that tomorrow night. It's been a long day getting everything square away here and I'm a bit exhausted. That, and I have to work in the morning. But his men will get moving soon enough.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse