NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK (Survival, Reboot) - OOC / Hiatus

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you still here and/or interested in keeping this RP afloat? Be honest.

• Yes
33%
• Yes (but unable to post)
52%
• No
14%

Total votes : 21

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:34 am

Shark isle wrote:
Helsary wrote:
I doubt you'd survive on popcorn alone...

There is more than popcorn in a movie theater. He is probably living on the food that is left like popcorn, soda, candy and hotdogs.

Soda and candy are good sources of sugar. Hotdogs is well...there. Good food supply.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:35 am

Name: Jack "Jax" Wilson
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Sub-Saharan, Scottish and English
Age/DOB: 19
Pic/Description:

However the nickname says Jax and the emblem says UIC.

Immunity: None

Equipment:
-Crowbar
-Brass knuckles [No, he didn't use them to cheat in boxing]
-Energy drink
-X2 cans of beans
-X2 protein bars
-Basketball
-Backpack
-Flashlight
-Smartphone
-His clothes as seen in his image

Skills: -Strong
-Good fighting skills
-Fast moving and agile
Weakness: -Not immune, unlike nearly every other character
-No weapon skills
-Jax is quite naive and will put himself in danger to help others, a lot.
Personality:
Fears:

Bio: Jax was born in the city of Chicago, Illinois to a rather poor family, the hood, y'know? Anyways, he was always interested in sports. Its the one thing he liked in the hellish streets of da hood, sports united him, his family and everyone around. Spending days at the baseball court with friends in ripped, mucky clothing collected from buckets of the Red Cross and bought from the Salvation Army and having a good time. Boxing was nice too, he learned around age 10, to fight off bullies mostly, and get stronger enough to beat the shizz out of thugs. At UIC, college, he became famous for his boxing and baseball skills, he got a lot of money from there too.

When the apocalypse came Jax was at college, y'know, boxing and stuff. Code blue was called and nobody knew what was happening. The power shut down, nobody's phones had wifi. One kid pulled a gun, and saw someone try to break through the window. He fired, smashing the glass and making everyone freak out. Some stayed, shaking in fear, others ran in fear as well. People..ahem zombies poured in, the security was overrun pretty early on. Jax escaped uninjured. He was in quite a mess, well, the whole city was. Thats where his story began..

RP Examples: Already have another app.
Could have done better, but heres another one. I may make one more, because none of my character's have any immunity.

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:36 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Shark isle wrote:There is more than popcorn in a movie theater. He is probably living on the food that is left like popcorn, soda, candy and hotdogs.

Soda and candy are good sources of sugar. Hotdogs is well...there. Good food supply.

I am not sure if you are complimenting the food supply or being sarcastic. :p Also, my guy might be a bit overweight because of this diet.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:39 am

Shark isle wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

I am not sure if you are complimenting the food supply or being sarcastic. :p Also, my guy might be a bit overweight because of this diet.

My hometown theater has pretzels..thats healthy?

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:40 am

Shark isle wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

I'm complimenting the food supply.

Unless you want it to be sarcastic. :p
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:42 am

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:
Shark isle wrote:I am not sure if you are complimenting the food supply or being sarcastic. :p Also, my guy might be a bit overweight because of this diet.

My hometown theater has pretzels..thats healthy?

The epic theater near my house sells ice cream, nachos and beer and wine as well as the regular theater fare. They also sell pretzels. Looks like my guy has a food supply that can last for awhile. No, I do not want it to be sarcastic.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:35 am

Shark isle wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:My hometown theater has pretzels..thats healthy?

The epic theater near my house sells ice cream, nachos and beer and wine as well as the regular theater fare. They also sell pretzels. Looks like my guy has a food supply that can last for awhile. No, I do not want it to be sarcastic.

At the theater I work at, we sell pretzels, pizza, chicken tenders, motzerella sticks, churros, just about anything. Also, don't forget the snack machines in the break room for your character to live off of!
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:51 am

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:
Shark isle wrote:The epic theater near my house sells ice cream, nachos and beer and wine as well as the regular theater fare. They also sell pretzels. Looks like my guy has a food supply that can last for awhile. No, I do not want it to be sarcastic.

At the theater I work at, we sell pretzels, pizza, chicken tenders, motzerella sticks, churros, just about anything. Also, don't forget the snack machines in the break room for your character to live off of!

True. But my guy would probably break the glass to get the stuff for free. With all of that food, I have to think of a reason why my guy would leave a relatively safe movie theater to the hell that is outside.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:54 am

Shark isle wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:At the theater I work at, we sell pretzels, pizza, chicken tenders, motzerella sticks, churros, just about anything. Also, don't forget the snack machines in the break room for your character to live off of!

True. But my guy would probably break the glass to get the stuff for free. With all of that food, I have to think of a reason why my guy would leave a relatively safe movie theater to the hell that is outside.

I'd like to note that most vending machines use plexiglass nowadays. Which unless you have a saw or a crowbar is going to be very hard to open.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:57 am

Anowa wrote:
Shark isle wrote:True. But my guy would probably break the glass to get the stuff for free. With all of that food, I have to think of a reason why my guy would leave a relatively safe movie theater to the hell that is outside.

I'd like to note that most vending machines use plexiglass nowadays. Which unless you have a saw or a crowbar is going to be very hard to open.

Can confirm. Drunk me's gotten into some pretty questionable shenanigans with vending machines at parties.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:59 am

Oh really? Well, my guy has access to every cash register in the lobby so he has a lot of money.

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:03 am

Another one?
don't tread on me

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:07 am

Shark isle wrote:Oh really? Well, my guy has access to every cash register in the lobby so he has a lot of money.

If it got overrun by a large horde you'd be quite screwed in the lobby or if they saw you enter a room, good hiding though.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:10 am

Shark isle wrote:Oh really? Well, my guy has access to every cash register in the lobby so he has a lot of money.

If it got overrun by a large horde you'd be quite screwed in the lobby or if they saw you enter a room, good hiding though.

He barricaded the entrance to the theater.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:22 am

Shark isle wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:If it got overrun by a large horde you'd be quite screwed in the lobby or if they saw you enter a room, good hiding though.

He barricaded the entrance to the theater.

They can still get in if there is enough.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:46 am

Shark isle wrote:He barricaded the entrance to the theater.

They can still get in if there is enough.

true

Helsary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Helsary » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:30 pm

When's the IC thread coming? (Sorry if I'm being annoying)

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:33 pm

Name: Wallace Pines
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: White
Age/DOB: 23, born 15th March.
Pic/Description: Wallace Pines is a scrawny, slightly underweight man with weasel-like features and pale, blotchy skin. He has short, greasy, unkempt black hair and the pathetic beginnings of a beard. His gray eyes have constant bags and dart around, watching everybody with a mixture of fear and distrust. He wears baggy blue jeans, a black "4chan" t-shirt and a gray hoodie, and constantly stinks of sweat and BO, even before the apocalypse. 5'8" tall.

Occupation: Nigerian Prince/Nelson Mandela's Wife/Sexy Woman (Email Scammer).
Immunity: None.

Equipment:
  • Backpack
  • Solar-Powered Portable Charger
  • Steel Baseball Bat
  • 11 cans of flat Pepsi Max
  • Tin of Pringles, Sour Cream and Onion flavor
  • iPhone 5c (pink with a cracked screen) with charger and official Apple headphones
  • Laptop (Missing the "z" and "h" keys) with charger
  • 47g of weed with some rolling paper
  • Fake Rolex
Skills: Wallace, being an email scammer is a good liar. He's good at hiding and being quiet. Wallace has some skill as a hacker, occasionally working online with a branch of Anonymous who spend their time messing with celebrities and leaking nude pictures before the outbreak.
Weaknesses: Wallace is a slow runner and bad with guns. He's moody, untrustworthy and cowardly.

Personality: Wallace is a selfish loser. He values himself over others and doesn't get along well with authorities. He sees himself as an "intellectual" and a "nice guy" and is a self-proclaimed "Meninist" who believes women belong in the kitchen or in his bed. He is uncharismatic and occassionally creepy, and blames his lack of luck with women on douchebag jocks and bad boys.
Likes: Atheism, weed, women, his laptop, hacking, Pepsi Max and Sour Cream Pringles.
Dislikes: Feminism, religion, cops, military and other "righteous" people, jocks, "douchebags" and immigrants.
Fears: Infection, betrayal, death and cats.

Bio: Wallace Pines was born into a lower-class family living in the suburbs of Chicago. Born out of wedlock, his father left at an early age and his mother was forced to raise him alone. She worked as a nurse, and so had very long hours. As a result, Wallace spent a lot of time on his own, and did not have many friends. In middle school, he was first introduced to the wonders of the internet and video games, and in the following years he spent a lot of his time on websites like Reddit and 4chan, where he learned to hack. Wallace didn't pay much attention in classes, and was a consistent C student. As he grew up, he had little success with the opposite sex, and eventually came to the revalation that this was, of course, because women only go for bad boys and not nice guys like him. He shared this realization online with other like-minded individuals who introduced him to Meninism and Athiesm. His self-righteousness, lack of attention to hygiene and preference to stay inside on the internet further isolated Wallace, and he spent the rest of his school life friendless and bitter.

When he graduated, he went straight to a job at a local gadget shop and moved into a small rented apartment. The job paid badly, and it was around this time that Wallace started using his coding skills to start conning people online. He used automated emails and popups to scam users (generally the elderly and middle-aged) for their credit card information and other useful (and illegal) information. Since then, Wallace has spent most of his time online, hacking, playing video games or complaining about his lack of a significant other, though he did occasionally venture outside to try and pick up chicks (which always failed miserably.) He has not spoken with his mother in two years.

For the first weeks of the outbreak, Wallace simply stocked up on as much food as he could buy and locked himself in his apartment. However, now, almost a month later, Wallace is running low on supplies and is forced to leave his apartment and venture out into Chicago.

RP Examples: The ZONE.

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
Last edited by Krytonus on Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:50 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:Yeah.. not going to have enough ammo to arm a small country, but I will be able to realistically reload and manufacture more of what I need as I use it, as it's very easy to make.

Which is why I chose the weapons that I did. :)

Mind helping Beia and the rest of the staff out here by giving us rough estimates? Like his consumption rates and his ability to produce munitions and the amount of time it takes him to do so?

Consumption rates for ammunition? Is he eating them? :lol:

That is entirely going to be situational dependent on how the IC goes down, I can't realistically give you "estimates" as I could use zero rounds in a post or I could use every last round on me in a post. I have no way to realistically tell at this point in this junction.

As for the ability to produce.... it's really simple to make, but very time consuming.

For the powder, I need three basic components... Charcoal, Potassium Nitrate, and Sulfur.

The Charcoal needs to be wood coal, so basic BBQ coal won't work. Unless you are one of those rich types that can afford to use coal usually used for smoking in everyday grilling. You can make your own by rendering wood down in a fire the same way you would make char cloth, by placing it in a metal container and letting it super heat. I prefer using willow chips myself, as while I've read that other types of wood can be used, willow has the best results.

You then need something to safely render the coal into fine particles. I use my old coffee bean grinder for this part of the process, as I can use the coarseness settings to make as fine of coal powder as I'd ever need.

Potassium Nitrate used to be the biggest PITA to find commercially for a decent price, until I was wandering down the lawn and garden isle one day at Gnome Depo and found a little green and grey bottle that was 90% what I was looking for and 10% Clay. The trick would be separating it. I myself pour it into a gallon of water and give it a good stir before letting it sit for an hour. The clay settles at the bottom, while the rest stays dissolved into the water. Pour through a coffee filter and let dry overnight.

Next day, take a non sparking/conductive mortar and pestle and turn into a find powder.

Lastly, you can either find sulfur pretty much anywhere, from hay and feed stores to a new age crunchy hippy all natural store. You can also procure it from..... another natural source.

The last step I'm going to leave out, as the mods here REALLY frown upon giving "how to" directions for something that can be misused with potentially deadly consequences... So I will leave the last few critical steps out.

Bullets on the other hand, not so much. You just need a few simple tools, a heat source, and a supply of lead and you can cast both rifle and pistol bullets for both my weapons listed. I personally prefer using lead wheel weights for my casting, but fishing weights would also work in a pinch, as will the miles of discarded lead pipe you can find at any junkyard.

Once you cast the bullets, and have some powder ready, you just need nitrate paper and your all set to make cartridges. I use "ZigZag" nitrate paper (yes, the same stuff you use for hand rolling cigarettes at home) as it burns clean and clear, leaving no residue behind after firing. I bought a case of these papers years ago for like fifteen bucks, and I doubt i'll ever run out.

The process from start to finish takes about two days to complete, and is quite labor intensive, as one wrong move, say mixing everything into a coffee grinder and hitting "Go", will turn your tiny basement into a large crater in the ground.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:06 pm

Would it be okay to make my guy a coward. In fact, he was too scared to rescue his manager from the infected, which is why he is all alone in the theater.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:08 pm

Helsary wrote:When's the IC thread coming? (Sorry if I'm being annoying)

Beiarusia said sometime next week. Best case scenario right now is Monday, since that's his free day I think.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:08 pm

"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:Snip

So basically the use of the munitions would far exceed the rate at which he is able to produce them? I don't mind this at all.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:19 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:Snip

So basically the use of the munitions would far exceed the rate at which he is able to produce them? I don't mind this at all.

Have you ever fired a black powder weapon before?

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:20 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

Have you ever fired a black powder weapon before?

What kind of black powder weapon do you have?
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse