NATION

PASSWORD

Holy High - The New U - IC I - Use This One

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:27 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Azazel

What in the hell?

What he, and Hyperion, had seen, was something he'd never expected from this simple piece of armor. He already had his own weapon, but this was promising to be something even greater. It was, indeed, a blade meant to fell gods. And it might just be enough to get them out of this mess.

"These swords, Hyperion," even if he'd never held this weapons in his hand, this work of art, Azazel could feel its power, and not just that, he already understood how to use all of its might to the fullest. "With this, we'll be able to cut down whatever lies in our path."

However, at the notion of carrying everyone else's weapons, he scoffed, "Don't take what you don't need, sheep. Besides, I'm sure you, in your generosity, decided to carry plenty of additional tools of war for your friends? Or did you decide that you were too good for such menial tasks, and that's why you dumped it to the demon?"

He sheathed Tetsu, but at the same time was examining this gauntlet he'd procured. If anything, he considered granting it to Leviathan, whom had so little power in the form he assumed, but it was tempting to hold on to the trinket. With it, he was nigh on unstoppable.

Ryujin

"I cannot leave this place through the tunnels and the like." Ryujin growled, the massive room shaking in response. "Once you have taken your leave, I will break out and into the sea beyond, it will be a simple matter. But until then, I am as a bird in a cage." His attention quickly shifted to the man she was talking to, who was clearly upsetting the young girl.

"Enough, hatchling." A single, clawed foot smacked the ground in front of Diz, talons digging into the floor and causing cracks to spiderweb their way across its surface. "These matters are to weighty for a child such as she."

"...Look. This isn't anything about me being an Angel and you being...erm...a demon," Xavier explained, "it's simply that we're trying to balance the work so everyone is doing their fair share. Hamiri, Hyp, Filia, and I are going to fight, if we have to do so. Charlotte will look for anything that might be coming out of the shadows. You're the muscle, so you can carry the weapons we cannot carry. And it's only for a few minutes. Once we get back to the zoo, you won't have to worry about it. Of course, you could split the load with Leviathan, if you think it'll help." A fight right now was not something he wanted. So he tried to remain calm and to defuse Azazel's dark mood by assuring him that he was not simply being used. He then stared into the darkness, ready to make the trek back and to meet the others.
"Hey."

Reisen's eyes had narrowed, and she was staring at Xavier. "First off, forget someone? Second, who the heck put you in charge? How much do you know about this place? How much do you know about everyone's abilities? How much do you know about the situation in general? The person who knows the most about the situation and warfare should be in charge, not whoever starts spouting orders. That's not how victories are won. That's how people die. And before you put words in my mouth, remember I didn't say I should be in charge. I shouldn't. I don't know anything about this place. But really, neither do you. Hyperion's the one who knows the most, right? So he's the one who should be giving the orders, not you."

This was a complete change from the nervous rabbit girl who was normally seen. She was... different. Colder. Harder. More like a soldier than a scared bunny.

"Show a little common sense. You wouldn't last ten seconds in the Capital."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:40 pm

Granis wrote:
Charlia wrote:"...My mommy's not here, remember?" Mara repeated, a little bit worried. Mommy said I have to pretend, so I will... Mr. Mason was nice, and Ball was nice, but Mommy was so scared when they found out... You'd better not scare my mommy...

"My big sister tells me about God sometimes," she added, nodding wisely. "She says He's really kind and good but He can't live with people who do bad things, so I shouldn't do bad things so I can go to Heaven someday," she continued, smiling. "My sister says it's a really nice place to live. So I try not to do bad things. But if God's as nice as she says, why're you mad? Maybe it's a mistake? I bet God would never mean to mess up your life like that. So it must've been some sort of... of misderstanding," she declared, not really realizing that she'd missed an entire syllable. Misunderstanding was a rather long word for a rather small child.

"Please, small one, stop lying to me. I do not know why you wish to pretend, but know that I could see you were untruthful the first tkme."

He sighed.

"As for your second point, understand that many in this world convince themselves that the people who are close to them are good people, even when they are clearly not. Your sister may say that he is kind, and its entirely possible that she believes it. Perhaps he even is kind to you and your ilk, but I can tell you with utmost certainty that anyone who doesn't hold a place in that beings grand plans is to be left by the wayside. In his own words, we are nought but false idols, who are to be rejected if mortals hope to get into your precious heaven."

He stood back, crossing his arms.

"There are two sides to all people's lives, small one. You would do well to learn that quickly."

In the midst of the life-threatening situation in the zoo, Mara and some new guy had gotten into a fight over Charlotte, and then that fight had devolved into a theological debate. Patriah listened for some time, and then he drew a long sigh. "...Look. Charlotte...or whatever her name is...is in another room with the rest of our group. I dunno what all of this is about her being your mom or your sister or your...your great-grandmother's cousin's lover's pet camel, but this is really, really not important right now. You can ask her about all this when she gets back, or maybe later. But in the meantime, can we worry about the original goal of this field trip? You know, finding Poseidon and then getting out of here?"

"Everything will come together in time. Once the others return, let us continue and search the rest of the building. If he is not here, we may have to search the rest of the city. Perhaps he is being held in some place we would not expect. Hyperion may have more information about Poseidon, and we can use that to our advantage," Lux answered. He then walked over to the newcomer. "We have no reason to cause any such dissent between ourselves. All of us here have been de-powered, and we must work together to survive. Several of us here are Christian Angels. However, many of us are not. Yet all of us are working together. Now, you must cooperate, or we may be forced to leave you to fend for yourself," he warned, calmly.

"What he said," Patriah answered, before turning to Mason and his new, gigantic form. "And what about you? You got ripped, huh? Decided to hit the gym in the last day or so?...Or...did something else happen?..."
Last edited by Luminesa on Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:55 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...Look. This isn't anything about me being an Angel and you being...erm...a demon," Xavier explained, "it's simply that we're trying to balance the work so everyone is doing their fair share. Hamiri, Hyp, Filia, and I are going to fight, if we have to do so. Charlotte will look for anything that might be coming out of the shadows. You're the muscle, so you can carry the weapons we cannot carry. And it's only for a few minutes. Once we get back to the zoo, you won't have to worry about it. Of course, you could split the load with Leviathan, if you think it'll help." A fight right now was not something he wanted. So he tried to remain calm and to defuse Azazel's dark mood by assuring him that he was not simply being used. He then stared into the darkness, ready to make the trek back and to meet the others.
"Hey."

Reisen's eyes had narrowed, and she was staring at Xavier. "First off, forget someone? Second, who the heck put you in charge? How much do you know about this place? How much do you know about everyone's abilities? How much do you know about the situation in general? The person who knows the most about the situation and warfare should be in charge, not whoever starts spouting orders. That's not how victories are won. That's how people die. And before you put words in my mouth, remember I didn't say I should be in charge. I shouldn't. I don't know anything about this place. But really, neither do you. Hyperion's the one who knows the most, right? So he's the one who should be giving the orders, not you."

This was a complete change from the nervous rabbit girl who was normally seen. She was... different. Colder. Harder. More like a soldier than a scared bunny.

The sudden, condescending piping of Reisen surprised-and slightly annoyed-Xavier. He looked down at her, and he lifted an eyebrow. "...Ummm...I'm not sure what your name is. But if you want to carry a weapon, go right ahead. Second, I've been involved in at least one war against...a very large army of Fallen Angels. I served God as one of His Generals. I...may only have power because God has granted it to me, but I know that I used it perfectly well...I may not have my powers here...but I can still aid Hyperion and help us get out of here safely. Third...I know at least some of your abilities. I never said I know all of them. If someone here does not know what to do, they should speak-up, and we can help them..."

He paused for a moment, and shook his head. Azazel's question had been a legitimate one, whereas Reisen had decided to speak her discontent, simply because she did not like that Xavier was trying to aid Hyperion in leading the group back to safety. "...Nobody is putting words in your mouth...I never intended on doing so. I'm...not even sure why you would think I would do such. And...we may not know the entirety of this place, but we're figuring it out as we go. Now, you don't need to panic. We're going to work together, and we're going to get Poseidon, get out of here, and go home. There's no reason to be so angry." He then turned to Hyperion. "Have we forgotten anything else up to this point? Otherwise, we do need to get going, right?" he inquired.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"Hey."

The sudden, condescending piping of Reisen surprised-and slightly annoyed-Xavier. He looked down at her, and he lifted an eyebrow. "...Ummm...I'm not sure what your name is. But if you want to carry a weapon, go right ahead. Second, I've been involved in at least one war against...a very large army of Fallen Angels. I served God as one of His Generals. I...may only have power because God has granted it to me, but I know that I used it perfectly well...I may not have my powers here...but I can still aid Hyperion and help us get out of here safely. Third...I know at least some of your abilities. I never said I know all of them. If someone here does not know what to do, they should speak-up, and we can help them..."

He paused for a moment, and shook his head. Azazel's question had been a legitimate one, whereas Reisen had decided to speak her discontent, simply because she did not like that Xavier was trying to aid Hyperion in leading the group back to safety. "...Nobody is putting words in your mouth...I never intended on doing so. I'm...not even sure why you would think I would do such. And...we may not know the entirety of this place, but we're figuring it out as we go. Now, you don't need to panic. We're going to work together, and we're going to get Poseidon, get out of here, and go home. There's no reason to be so angry." He then turned to Hyperion. "Have we forgotten anything else up to this point? Otherwise, we do need to get going, right?" he inquired.
"You're giving orders from a position of no authority, despite there being someone who is suited for command," Reisen replied, folding her arms. "Where I'm from, that would be considered insubordination. Hyperion is the one most suited to be in command, since he's the one with the most knowledge about this situation, which I note you didn't deny. You're not 'aiding' him, you're completely overriding him. Making decisions without him. Disregarding him. I'll do what he says, since he knows the most about this place and the current circumstances."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:16 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:The sudden, condescending piping of Reisen surprised-and slightly annoyed-Xavier. He looked down at her, and he lifted an eyebrow. "...Ummm...I'm not sure what your name is. But if you want to carry a weapon, go right ahead. Second, I've been involved in at least one war against...a very large army of Fallen Angels. I served God as one of His Generals. I...may only have power because God has granted it to me, but I know that I used it perfectly well...I may not have my powers here...but I can still aid Hyperion and help us get out of here safely. Third...I know at least some of your abilities. I never said I know all of them. If someone here does not know what to do, they should speak-up, and we can help them..."

"You're giving orders from a position of no authority, despite there being someone who is suited for command," Reisen replied, folding her arms. "Where I'm from, that would be considered insubordination. Hyperion is the one most suited to be in command, since he's the one with the most knowledge about this situation, which I note you didn't deny. You're not 'aiding' him, you're completely overriding him. Making decisions without him. Disregarding him. I'll do what he says, since he knows the most about this place and the current circumstances."

"...Did you not hear me asking him what we should do next?...Have you not heard me asking him questions about the place all this time?...I'm only asking because...well...I know he is the final authority on this matter. I assumed he would want to get back to the zoo and to meet the others. If he doesn't want to do that, we won't do that, alright?" He took a breath, and he gathered himself. Reisen was suddenly angry over his making decisions, when Hyperion had never argued against him, and everyone in the group considered each other to be equals. "...Look. Azazel. You don't have to carry the load, if you don't want to do so. I'll carry the weapons, and Leviathan can help," he added, giving him a worn look, "do you mind or do you want to do it?..."
Last edited by Luminesa on Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Filia Umbrarum

Filia gave Charlotte a sad look before sulking her head in thougnt. "After thirteen thousand years of watching these humans with their significant others, I want to have what they have." she said after a moment, looking back up at the angel, "I want what my own parents have. I'd like to have an equal of my own (My servants are just that, servants) to love and spend my eternal life with as he or she loves me in return without fucking disappearing. What's wrong with that? How about you? Wouldn't you like something like that? Do you have a significant other you love and loves you in return?"
Last edited by The Flutterlands on Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:53 pm

The Flutterlands wrote:Filia Umbrarum

Filia gave Charlotte a sad look before sulking her head in thougnt. "After thirteen thousand years of watching these humans with their significant others, I want to have what they have." she said after a moment, looking back up at the angel, "I want what my own parents have. I'd like to have an equal of my own (My servants are just that, servants) to love and spend my eternal life with as he or she loves me in return without fucking disappearing. What's wrong with that? How about you? Wouldn't you like something like that? Do you have a significant other you love and loves you in return?"
"...I have my sister," Charlotte replied quietly. "I don't need anyone else."

I don't know if I could survive it...

"But if you really need something like that... just... be careful, okay? You're... innocent." She reached out, tenderly putting her hand against Filia's face and smiling sadly. "I just don't want you to get hurt."

I don't want you ending up like me.

I don't want anyone else to live like this...

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:17 pm

Azazel

"If you want anyone fighting, it's me." Of course, even during the course of their argument, he'd been loading up on weapons, mostly rifles, but pretty much anything with a strap. "As for Leviathan, he remained on the surface. He doesn't have all these abilities we do, so I told him to stay up there."

The demon knelt down, sweeping ammunition, swords, and other assorted weaponry into a duffel bag, "Honestly, without your powers, you have nothing. But if you want to try and be a socialist, go ahead. Just know that if there's trouble, you'd all be best to get behind me. Because she," he flicked his knife towards Filia, "Is insane, she," the blade moved to Charlotte, "Is far from trustworthy," again, the blade moved, this time resting when it pointed towards Hamiri, "And she's an insufferable bitch. Not that I'm going to do anything about any of that. Honestly, I have better things to do right now."

He let Reisen scold Xavier a bit, and then added on to her rant with his own two cents, "Look, you obviously have no idea where the hell we are, you certainly aren't ordering me around. Personally, I don't think you were being an ass, but I also don't like the blind leading those brave enough to waver from a path that leads to nothing but damnation. Now, obviously, if some monstrous son of a bitch shows up, I'm not going to stand there and watch, I'm going to kill it. Not to sound egotistical, but I'm the best fighter here, and it isn't even fucking close. So shut your trap, because guess what? If your God had any power here, you'd be able to use your powers. Guess he's not so omnipotent after all."

It was almost comical the way that Azazel walked past Xavier, hurdling the window with a duffel bag and various armaments slung over one shoulder, an open switch blade in his free hand, "In all seriousness though, Reisen, great point about leading. But let's be honest, no one here knows what the hell is going on here, and we all know the way back. I say we get a move on, because like I said, staying in one place is a death sentence."

They wouldn't be able to see it, but his foot was tapping the ground outside the police station nervously. Perhaps more obvious was the anxiety that flashed in his eyes. Of course, the easiest assumption was that, as a demon, he was terrified of his existence in this state coming to an abrubt halt.

But that wasn't exactly it. Come hell or high water, Azazel was confident that he, with Tetsu and this new god-killer, could strike down anything before him. It was someone else he was worried about, someone not so absurdly experienced and passionate in the art of combat.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Tourma
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:40 pm

Great move, Raven. You really are the smartest person on earth. She thought bitterly, slumped down on the floor of a massive cage. How embarrassing! The least that giant magical squid could do was place her, I don't know, a dungeon or something. But a zoo? Humiliating. Well, I guess it's my own fault for trying to have a little fun. Take note, kids: don't play pranks on magical giant squids. And now, here she was, stuck in a little cage for who knows how long, unable to use her powers. The only things she had were her bow and arrows, but it was useless against the cage. Urgh, if only I could-

Suddenly, she began to hear sounds she hadn't heard in a long time: Footsteps. Voices. Other people. Obviously, they had to be deities: how else would they survive down here? Raven fix what seemed like the most logical thing: get their attention.

"Helloooooooo? Anyone out there? I'd go out of my way to meet you personally, but I'm kind of stuck right now!"

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:05 am

Filia Umbarum

Filia looked at Charolette again, flinching at being touched like that. "Yeah, I'll try to be careful." she said begrudgingly, her hands clenching and unclenching as she began to have the addictive urge to steal, "Not to long ago I thought of myself as invincible being the living embodiment of Darkness and Kleptomania. Now that I've been reduced to a weak fleshy mortal for the time being because only an omniscient God would know why, I can't say anymore."

Filia sighed and looked down at herself remembering again that she was wearing nothing but a long shirt aside from her selected weapons. "Are there any pants around here?" she asked, still feeling somewhat embarrassed despite her lower regions covered, "I might expect that Lucifer disappeared to find me some, but I don't know. Didn't expect to be reduced to this state today. I hate it, really. I wanted to be here wearing my lovely dresses..."
Last edited by The Flutterlands on Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:24 am

The Flutterlands wrote:Filia Umbarum

Filia looked at Charolette again, flinching at being touched like that. "Yeah, I'll try to be careful." she said begrudgingly, her hands clenching and unclenching as she began to have the addictive urge to steal, "Not to long ago I thought of myself as invincible being the living embodiment of Darkness and Kleptomania. Now that I've been reduced to a weak fleshy mortal for the time being because only an omniscient God would why, I can't say anymore."

Filia sighed and looked down at herself remembering again that she was wearing nothing but a shirt aside from her selected weapons. "Are there any pants around here?" she asked, "I might expect that Lucifer disappeared to find me some, but I don't know. Didn't expect to be reduced to this state today. I hate it, really. I wanted to be here wearing my lovely dresses..."
As soon as Filia flinched, Charlotte pulled her hand back, clearly agitated by the girl's physical response. "It's hard, isn't it?" she asked softly. "Being changed like that, without any real warning... It's all right, though. I'm sure you'll be back to normal as soon as we get out of this place. As for pants... I don't... think there really are any," she mumbled. "If I still had my own powers, I could get some for you easily, but... without them, there's really nothing I can do. I'm sorry..."

Syrixces
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Syrixces » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:57 pm

Hyperion

Hyperion looked around the room with a look of mild panic splayed across his face, a cautious, eyes wide smile. In what was about a minute and a half, everything went from cool, and we got this, to utter chaos. Great. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose between forefinger and thumb, muttering.

Hey, here's a thought. Let's let the monsters kill us, not each other. Sound good? Reason, Raison, Reison, whatever your name is, you're right, you don't have to listen to Xav, but you don't have to be a dick about it. I'm not the leader here. I've got no clue what it is in doing. We need to stick together, we're all equal here. Same to you, Azazel. Xavier meant no harm, he's just trying to get us moving before something eats us. And no ones making you take everything, Hyperion said, swinging a bag full of weapons over his shoulder, gauntlet shining. Why don't one of you at least grab those last two gauntlets, we'll figure out who wants them later. Wearing this thing...is amazing. It's practically recoding my brain. It's almost speaking to me, like its alive. Let's get going while the going is good. I don't want to be separated any longer than we have to.

Shoving the bag over his shoulder, he hopped over the barrier, trying to look as cool as Azazel had while doing it, but mostly failing. Grunting, he tossed a flames hooting sword to Xavier, and shoved a thick barreled revolver into his belt line, careful with his newly acquired gauntlet.

Their way back was a bit more complicated, one of the tunnels they had originally taken back now occupied by something covered in tentacles and eyes, and all around unfriendly looking to say the least. Hyperion ran a little faster after that.

Finally emerging from the service shaft they had used as a secondary travel option, Hyperion panted, catching his breath, before standing up, and getting a full on view of all that had gone on in their absence. Ryujin and Patriah looked antsy, weapons and claws drawn, while Mara, and at least two creatures of shadow talked quietly. Ah. Nothing weird I see.

Dumping the bag of weapons to the floor, he paused, wiping he sweat off his brow, the air getting dangerously humid in there, his hair stuck to his forehead in a glaze of sweat.

So. We got some guns. Some swords. At least four God killing blade things. And uh, two guests? Anyone want to explain what's going on here?

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:24 pm

Azazel

The Titan was right, but that didn't mean that he appreciated Xavier any more than had, and that wasn't much. Their journey back was...a bit more complicated than the trip to the weapons depot, but he didn't pay that much mind. He wanted to get back to the zoo, even as the gauntlet spoke to him in its own unique way. Azazel didn't don the other two, but he did throw them into a separate satchel. They would be useful later on.

But once they made it out of the tunnels, his eyes immediately found Kaguya, and his shoulders relaxed, if only slightly, once he knew that she was alright. After all, was it worth living in the first place if she felt nothing?

Or at least, that was something along the lines of what he was thinking, dropping the duffel bag, along with the other assorted armaments he'd gathered, besides the gauntlets, of course, those were special, onto the ground.

"I trust you're all on one piece, then? I'm sorry to say that our journey wasn't frightfully interesting."
Last edited by Ranoria on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:50 am

As soon as Mara spotted Charlotte, she shot to her feet, running over to give her mother a hug. Mommy's back! A bit startled, Charlotte laughed, picking Mara up and hugging her tightly, relishing the feeling of the little girl's presence. Mara giggled happily, leaning her head against her mother's chest, contented.

"Oh, Mara," Charlotte said in surprise, "your wings have gotten bigger already... Hmm?" She set the girl down and examined the protrusions carefully, eyeing the crystalline red spot on the underside of each wing. "That's odd..."

"What's odd?" Mara asked curiously, tilting her head. "Are my wings weird? Don't I get cool ones?"

"Oh, I'm sure they'll be very cool when they're finished growing," Charlotte reassured, ruffling her daughter's hair and smiling at the disgruntled look on Mara's face. "They just aren't done yet, so you're going to have to wait a bit, okay? I think they might be shiny, though..."

Mara's face lit up with glee.
"Princess!" Reisen called, running forward and bowing to Kaguya. "Did anything happen while we were gone? Are you all right?"

"I'm perfectly fine," Kaguya replied simply. "Nothing important occurred--"

"EXCEPT YOU DITCHED ME!" Tewi shrieked, bouncing around, clearly agitated. "You ditched me ditched me ditched me! Went off to get weapons and left me behind! You'd all better watch your backs now," she added, her voice pitching lower and her eyes flashing. "I'm going to get each and every one of you back, and you'll never see it coming! So watch out!"

Reisen sighed. So my life will continue as normal...

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:01 am

Charlia wrote:As soon as Mara spotted Charlotte, she shot to her feet, running over to give her mother a hug. Mommy's back! A bit startled, Charlotte laughed, picking Mara up and hugging her tightly, relishing the feeling of the little girl's presence. Mara giggled happily, leaning her head against her mother's chest, contented.

"Oh, Mara," Charlotte said in surprise, "your wings have gotten bigger already... Hmm?" She set the girl down and examined the protrusions carefully, eyeing the crystalline red spot on the underside of each wing. "That's odd..."

"What's odd?" Mara asked curiously, tilting her head. "Are my wings weird? Don't I get cool ones?"

"Oh, I'm sure they'll be very cool when they're finished growing," Charlotte reassured, ruffling her daughter's hair and smiling at the disgruntled look on Mara's face. "They just aren't done yet, so you're going to have to wait a bit, okay? I think they might be shiny, though..."

"Princess!" Reisen called, running forward and bowing to Kaguya. "Did anything happen while we were gone? Are you all right?"

"EXCEPT YOU DITCHED ME!" Tewi shrieked, bouncing around, clearly agitated. "You ditched me ditched me ditched me! Went off to get weapons and left me behind! You'd all better watch your backs now," she added, her voice pitching lower and her eyes flashing. "I'm going to get each and every one of you back, and you'll never see it coming! So watch out!"

The creature pushed itself to its feet, moving slowly from it's sheer size, and walked after Mara as she ran toward her mother. The bone-lile spikes protruding from his body ground against walls and stone, while a faint red glow made its way through the film of flesh over his eye sockets.

Still, he couldn't speak, so he just stood before her as the prime example of good and evil, an abomination belonging to no side but its own.
Fear the Angels of Darkness, for they are of the few remaining Nephalem.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

The world will be my personal toy... Destruction at the flick of my wrist and creation at the wave of my hand...
I greet you, human.
Do you like pudding, Eric?

Theme Song

Am I here? Can someone tell me?

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:15 am

Sky-TheLandOfNekos wrote:
Charlia wrote:As soon as Mara spotted Charlotte, she shot to her feet, running over to give her mother a hug. Mommy's back! A bit startled, Charlotte laughed, picking Mara up and hugging her tightly, relishing the feeling of the little girl's presence. Mara giggled happily, leaning her head against her mother's chest, contented.

The creature pushed itself to its feet, moving slowly from it's sheer size, and walked after Mara as she ran toward her mother. The bone-lile spikes protruding from his body ground against walls and stone, while a faint red glow made its way through the film of flesh over his eye sockets.

Still, he couldn't speak, so he just stood before her as the prime example of good and evil, an abomination belonging to no side but its own.
At this, Charlotte looked up, confusion and alarm flashing across her face--

"It's okay," Mara said happily. "It's just Mr. Mason. He got really big, didn't he? Isn't it funny? Now he's little, now he's big!" she continued, pantomiming Mason's change from normal-sized to enormous. "He won't eat me," she added, just in case her mother was worried about that. "We were talking. Well. I talked and he wrote on the ground. He's still nice. Just very, very big!"

"...Well, that is a surprise," Charlotte managed, once Mara had stopped chattering. "But... all right. Thank you," she added, looking up at Mason with a small smile. "For watching her, while I was gone. If anything had happened to her..."

...I don't know what I would become.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:29 am

So the group made it all back together in one piece. Even the short journey back to the zoo had stressed everyone, though now they were not any less stressed. They still did not have their powers, and Poseidon was still missing. As members of the group rushed to see those they loved, he stood and looked around for anything strange. The monsters in the zoo were swimming under the glass normally, as though they had forgotten that the gods were present. He then turned to the rest of the group. "Everyone who doesn't have a weapon, get one. Nobody is leaving here unarmed and unprotected. If we get hurt outside of this room, or even inside of this room, we will be hurt for real. No healing factors, no quick release from pain. Got it?" he called.

Lux walked toward the pile of weapons silently, and he grabbed a sword. He then turned to Hyperion, and smiled softly at him. "...It is good to see you have returned safely, although you seem to be in rather bad shape. As for our guests, it seems that several other gods have arrived to offer their services to us. We await your orders as to where we must travel next. After all, we still have to find Poseidon, correct? Where shall we look next?" he inquired meekly.

"How much of this complex have we not searched? Because if there's a place we haven't searched, then that's where we need to go. There's blood all through this building, and it's almost certainly the blood of a deity. So Lux is right. Where do we need to go?" Patriah demanded, feeling a little calmer as Hyperion arrived back with Hamiri and the others.
-Alan Jackson

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:51 pm

Diz looked to the dragon god, an expression that looked a lot like he was amusedly raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, are you sure?" He asked, his tone confirming the amusement. "I wouldn't quite say so... In fact, I'd say that if you took the time to look at the girls soul properly, you'd see a strength that even some of us would have a hard time matching."

He patter the girls head again, ruffling it slightly.

"I can't imagine how strong she'll be when she's not a mere hatchling..."

He then turned to the other two who had addressed him.

"Dissent?" He asked. "I'm just having a conversation, explaining and justifying my anger to this young girl, who may not understand why I feel this way. And secondly, and this might be a little awkward for you if you haven't already noticed it, but all of you have been depowered. I would think it quite obvious from my ability to completely manipulate every shadow in this room, something I've done quite a few times since I woke up, that I still clearly have every last one of my powers... I am able to work with Christian entities. If I wasn't, I would have killed you all when I first senses your spiritual energy. However, I have to make it clear that, even if you did leave me to fend for myself, I would probably handle myself better than all of you."

It was then that he heard the sounds of yet more people arriving, and turned to see them emerging from some kind d service shaft. He answered the one who asked about him.

"Ah, you must be the other group I was told about. My name is Dizarach, the Black Harvest King. Perhaps you've heard of me. And in regards to my being here, I honestly have no idea. I simply woke up here not very long ago, to fun myself in an enclosure at the bottom of the ocean, surrounded by deities without their powers. I don't even know where I am!"

However, before he could say anything else, he watched a little red blur shoot past him, colliding with an almost identical, larger version of her.

It took less than a second for the pieces to fall into place.

"Ah, I see..." He said simply, before walking over to them. "Hello there, miss. I was talking to your sister, and I learnt some very interesting things about what is going on right now. I would ask to speak with you if you have the time, as I'm sure that, should YHWH have told you about me, it will have been a rather one-sided account."

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:14 pm

Filia Umbrarum

Filia nodded in her begrudging manner. Between waking up with a nasty hangover, and losing her powers along with yet another boyfriend, she was quite upset to say the least. Filia went back to looking through the weapons more. Eventually, the young girl now noticed that Charlotte was now talking to who seemed to be her sister Mara and Mr. Mason. After a moment though the kleptomaniac thought about her current mortality and a horrible and most disturbing thought occured to her.

"Ms. Charlotte!" squeaked Filia as she rushed towards the angel with a very worried look on her face, "What if we're stuck as mortals permanently? Many of us will actually age like mortal humans do, right? And will need all the things humans need like drink and food to survive and not just for fun, right? T-that means... w-we can die now, can't we? Many of us are now so fragile all it takes is one slip up a-and... we're done for, right? I-it's so scary to think about now... W-what... what would it be like? Would we have our own afterlife or will this be it for us?! I'm... scared. I've never been this scared in my entire life... I-i can die now..."

Filia's whole outlook was that of terror. After thirteen thousand years of conscious existence, Filia often took her immortality for granted. Now that it was taken away from her, it didn't take long for it all to come to it's logical conclusion. With that the young child couldn't help but panic at the thought of the mortal coil and the worse possibility of ceasing to exist.
Last edited by The Flutterlands on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Political Compass
Ravenclaw

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:41 pm

Granis wrote:"Ah, I see..." He said simply, before walking over to them. "Hello there, miss. I was talking to your sister, and I learnt some very interesting things about what is going on right now. I would ask to speak with you if you have the time, as I'm sure that, should YHWH have told you about me, it will have been a rather one-sided account."
Charlotte looked up, tilting her head slightly in confusion. "I... don't know who you are, but I'd be glad to talk to you, although--"

She was cut off abruptly by Filia's outburst, and immediately turned to the goddess, concern clear on her face.
The Flutterlands wrote:Filia Umbrarum

Filia nodded in her begrudging manner. Between waking up with a nasty hangover, and losing her powers along with yet another boyfriend, she was quite upset to say the least. Filia went back to looking through the weapons more. Eventually, the young girl now noticed that Charlotte was now talking to who seemed to be her sister Mara and Mr. Mason. After a moment though the kleptomaniac thought about her current mortality and a horrible and most disturbing thought occured to her.

"Ms. Charlotte!" squeaked Filia as she rushed towards the angel with a very worried look on her face, "What if we're stuck as mortals permanently? Many of us will actually age like mortal humans do, right? And will need all the things humans need like drink and food to survive and not just for fun, right? T-that means... w-we can die now, can't we? Many of us are now so fragile all it takes is one slip up a-and... we're done for, right? I-it's so scary to think about now... W-what... what would it be like? Would we have our own afterlife or will this be it for us?! I'm... scared. I've never been this scared in my entire life... I-i can die now..."
Charlotte's eyes flashed with sadness, and she had to force a reassuring smile. "I doubt you'll still be a mortal after we leave this place, and even so, you don't need to worry. Some of us might be weak without our abilities, but there are others here who are still very much able to fight without them, like Ryujin, or Reisen"--"And me!" Tewi shouted in the background--"so there's no need for you to be too frightened, okay? If you're scared, just stay by me, and I'll do my best to keep you safe. You aren't going to die."

Liar, Shekhinah accused bitterly. Knowing that for certain is impossible.

"So just try to stay calm, okay?"

Tourma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:03 pm

Urgh, why can't they hear me? It's almost like-wait a minute... Raven realized why nobody could, or would, notice her: she was stuck in bird form. Well, that's just great. At least I have a chance of leaving this stupid cage.

Although it took a bit of effort, Rave managed to squeeze herself out of the cage. Huh, I guess it was easier than I thought. Now to find the others...

She took off, soaring silently through the air. Down below, she noticed a girl who was standing next to what appeared to be her sister. After a moment of thought, she decided to swoop down, landing next to the younger girl, who couldn't have been older than four. "Uh, hi, how are ya?" Raven tried to ask, but it came out as nothing but a mere "caw".

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:18 pm

Tourma wrote:Urgh, why can't they hear me? It's almost like-wait a minute... Raven realized why nobody could, or would, notice her: she was stuck in bird form. Well, that's just great. At least I have a chance of leaving this stupid cage.

Although it took a bit of effort, Rave managed to squeeze herself out of the cage. Huh, I guess it was easier than I thought. Now to find the others...

She took off, soaring silently through the air. Down below, she noticed a girl who was standing next to what appeared to be her sister. After a moment of thought, she decided to swoop down, landing next to the younger girl, who couldn't have been older than four. "Uh, hi, how are ya?" Raven tried to ask, but it came out as nothing but a mere "caw".
Mara looked down, blinking, and saw the bird, her eyes lighting up shortly after. She knelt next to it, smiling.

"Hi, bird," she said cheerfully, patting Raven on the head with one finger. It's cute. I like birds... Soon I'm gonna be able to fly with them, she realized, and her smile grew wider. I'll be friends with all the birds!

Tourma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Charlia wrote:
Tourma wrote:Urgh, why can't they hear me? It's almost like-wait a minute... Raven realized why nobody could, or would, notice her: she was stuck in bird form. Well, that's just great. At least I have a chance of leaving this stupid cage.

Mara looked down, blinking, and saw the bird, her eyes lighting up shortly after. She knelt next to it, smiling.

"Hi, bird," she said cheerfully, patting Raven on the head with one finger. It's cute. I like birds... Soon I'm gonna be able to fly with them, she realized, and her smile grew wider. I'll be friends with all the birds!

That's good, Raven though, she seems very nice. After the brief pats, she tilted her head, similar to how a dog would. Then, she hopped onto Mara's finger, being very careful not to hurt the girl in the process.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:29 pm

Tourma wrote:
Charlia wrote:Mara looked down, blinking, and saw the bird, her eyes lighting up shortly after. She knelt next to it, smiling.

That's good, Raven though, she seems very nice. After the brief pats, she tilted her head, similar to how a dog would. Then, she hopped onto Mara's finger, being very careful not to hurt the girl in the process.
At this, Mara's eyes widened, and her face practically glowed with happiness. The bird likes me! "Hey, bird," she continued, "I'm getting wings like you. So once they're all done growing, I'll be able to fly just like you. Isn't that cool, bird? I wonder if you have a name... 'Bird' is a weird name, so I can't just call you 'bird'... What's your name, huh?"

She didn't seem to remember the fact that it was a bird, and thus could not talk. Such a fact was trivial to her. She needed to find out the bird's name, after all!

Tourma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:39 pm

Charlia wrote:
Tourma wrote:That's good, Raven though, she seems very nice. After the brief pats, she tilted her head, similar to how a dog would. Then, she hopped onto Mara's finger, being very careful not to hurt the girl in the process.
At this, Mara's eyes widened, and her face practically glowed with happiness. The bird likes me! "Hey, bird," she continued, "I'm getting wings like you. So once they're all done growing, I'll be able to fly just like you. Isn't that cool, bird? I wonder if you have a name... 'Bird' is a weird name, so I can't just call you 'bird'... What's your name, huh?"

She didn't seem to remember the fact that it was a bird, and thus could not talk. Such a fact was trivial to her. She needed to find out the bird's name, after all!

Hm...how should I do this...oh, wait! Raven hopped down from Mara's finger, and began writing in the dirt. It was tedious, of course. Writing with a beak is anything but easy. After about thirty seconds, she managed to write her name down, in all caps: RAVEN. The lettering was a bit shaky, but it was still readable, which is surprising when you consider that she hadn't written like that in decades.
Last edited by Tourma on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse