NATION

PASSWORD

Holy High - The New U - IC I - Use This One

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:21 pm

Syrixces wrote:Hyperion

Hyperion sat on the edge of the conversation, the Ningen Chief next to him, uncomfortable with the hot man-fish breathing down his neck. He wretched, trying his best to avoid the stench. It smelled like beets, sardines and body odor. Kinda like his last girlfriend. He shuddered at the thought. He turned back to the conversation, listening to the discourse and giving his own input on the matter. Listen, Pat, as much as I'd like to take them all on myself, remember we're mortals down here. Look at them, he shouted, gesturing to the ocean of stinking white fish creatures before them, lurking behind concrete columns and abandoned bubble shaped subway cars. Theres thousands of them. Maybe we could take a few, but we'd all end up dead. Look at me. Without my powers I'm practically useless in a fight, even with this gauntlet thingy. We take them on now, we're dead. Azazel is our best chance. He's really the only one of us that nows how to fight, and has the weapons and strength to follow through with it. But we're not completely useless, he whispered. Moving away from Stinky the Fish King, he whispered into the group, I got a plan for us. We just gotta wait. Except you, Ryu. I like my body the way it is, not crushed.

Motioning to Azazel, he pulled the Demonic warrior aside, gripping him around the shoulder. Listen man. You're our best bet here. You've got the guns, Hyperion said, gesturing to Azazel's muscles, and the blades. But listen to me, use that gauntlet. If you saw what I did, you know what that thing can do. Whatever they throw at you, use that thing. Something yelled me it's got more power than its showing us. Trust me.

Looking at the Chief, he bowed, and gesturing to Azazel, muttering something about their champion. The Chief nodded, before turning, and screeching unintelligibly into the crowd behind him. Like a ghostly sea, the crowd of pale monsters parted, revealing a crouching, hulking beast. A Ningen for sure, but an absolutely massive. The creature roared, standing up, revealing a nearly twelve foot tall monster, bedecked in rusted chains and stained leathers, one fish globe eye greyed and blind. Howling, it revealed a mouth of broken, jagged dagger teeth. A hunched back revealed a mass of scars, webbed toes slit, and it's nails, talons, black and razor sharp. In its left hand it had a gauntlet, a massive gauntlet of silver and lapis, glowing with power, and gripping a nearly 15 foot long sword, slanted over one shoulder, jagged splinters of ancient metal blasting out from the hilt. It looked at Azazel with a dim grin, roared, and charged.

As Azazel and the beast fought, Hyperion huddled up next to the rest of their allies, speaking in a low tone. We can't fight this fight, but we can sure as hell make it easier for him. Listen to me, he said, gesturing to a subway car suspended half way out of a tunnel above them, perfectly placed to fall onto Azazel's foe. Who thinks they can get up there with me?

As Hyperion asked who would be able to get up to the subway car suspended in the air above them, Cade immediately felt that he could help them in this situation. He realized he hadn't really made himself useful before, and decided now was his chance. He was a fairly fit guy, after all; from what he could tell, the climb up there didn't look to be too difficult. "...I can get up there." He spoke after a few of the others also spoke up. "It shouldn't be a problem. I'm ready whenever you are."

In comparison, though, Nova simply watched the ongoing fight with worry, tightly gripping the scythe she'd been given with one hand, knowing that she wasn't really in a state to help like the others were. Instead, she she stayed where she was silently, wishing desperately to somehow get her powers back in that instant. She wished she could help some other way...
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:13 am

Castle Crashers wrote:

Hyperion sat on the edge of the conversation, the Ningen Chief next to him, uncomfortable with the hot man-fish breathing down his neck. He wretched, trying his best to avoid the stench. It smelled like beets, sardines and body odor. Kinda like his last girlfriend. He shuddered at the thought. He turned back to the conversation, listening to the discourse and giving his own input on the matter. Listen, Pat, as much as I'd like to take them all on myself, remember we're mortals down here. Look at them, he shouted, gesturing to the ocean of stinking white fish creatures before them, lurking behind concrete columns and abandoned bubble shaped subway cars. Theres thousands of them. Maybe we could take a few, but we'd all end up dead. Look at me. Without my powers I'm practically useless in a fight, even with this gauntlet thingy. We take them on now, we're dead. Azazel is our best chance. He's really the only one of us that nows how to fight, and has the weapons and strength to follow through with it. But we're not completely useless, he whispered. Moving away from Stinky the Fish King, he whispered into the group, I got a plan for us. We just gotta wait. Except you, Ryu. I like my body the way it is, not crushed.

Motioning to Azazel, he pulled the Demonic warrior aside, gripping him around the shoulder. Listen man. You're our best bet here. You've got the guns, Hyperion said, gesturing to Azazel's muscles, and the blades. But listen to me, use that gauntlet. If you saw what I did, you know what that thing can do. Whatever they throw at you, use that thing. Something yelled me it's got more power than its showing us. Trust me.

Looking at the Chief, he bowed, and gesturing to Azazel, muttering something about their champion. The Chief nodded, before turning, and screeching unintelligibly into the crowd behind him. Like a ghostly sea, the crowd of pale monsters parted, revealing a crouching, hulking beast. A Ningen for sure, but an absolutely massive. The creature roared, standing up, revealing a nearly twelve foot tall monster, bedecked in rusted chains and stained leathers, one fish globe eye greyed and blind. Howling, it revealed a mouth of broken, jagged dagger teeth. A hunched back revealed a mass of scars, webbed toes slit, and it's nails, talons, black and razor sharp. In its left hand it had a gauntlet, a massive gauntlet of silver and lapis, glowing with power, and gripping a nearly 15 foot long sword, slanted over one shoulder, jagged splinters of ancient metal blasting out from the hilt. It looked at Azazel with a dim grin, roared, and charged.

As Azazel and the beast fought, Hyperion huddled up next to the rest of their allies, speaking in a low tone. We can't fight this fight, but we can sure as hell make it easier for him. Listen to me, he said, gesturing to a subway car suspended half way out of a tunnel above them, perfectly placed to fall onto Azazel's foe. Who thinks they can get up there with me?

As Hyperion asked who would be able to get up to the subway car suspended in the air above them, Cade immediately felt that he could help them in this situation. He realized he hadn't really made himself useful before, and decided now was his chance. He was a fairly fit guy, after all; from what he could tell, the climb up there didn't look to be too difficult. "...I can get up there." He spoke after a few of the others also spoke up. "It shouldn't be a problem. I'm ready whenever you are."

In comparison, though, Nova simply watched the ongoing fight with worry, tightly gripping the scythe she'd been given with one hand, knowing that she wasn't really in a state to help like the others were. Instead, she she stayed where she was silently, wishing desperately to somehow get her powers back in that instant. She wished she could help some other way...

[b]Phobia[/b

"It sucks to be human, doesn't it?" He inquired, stepping toward the goddess with a sword in hand. For him, it was kinda useless, because he had no experience with such a weapon, so he didn't know why it was even given to him. When it came to his appearance, he still looked different, normal even. Unlike the product of his unwanted ascension to divinity.

"If you're still mad at me and don't want to talk, I understand. Just know that I was only trying to protect you from me..."

He took a deep breath, dropping the sword. "But now I'm human too."
Fear the Angels of Darkness, for they are of the few remaining Nephalem.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

The world will be my personal toy... Destruction at the flick of my wrist and creation at the wave of my hand...
I greet you, human.
Do you like pudding, Eric?

Theme Song

Am I here? Can someone tell me?

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:28 am

Patriah sighed, as Hyperion told him to stand-down, and then he turned and stared up at the Ningen that was selected to be the champion. His eyes widened, and his grip on his sword instinctively tightened. The thing was a monster, as was the giant sword it held in its hand. "...Yeesh...Didn't know fish could lift..." he muttered, as he backed away slightly, giving Azazel room to move. He then jumped out the way when the two began to fight, and the two giant blades clashed against each other. Beneath the loud clang of swords clashing, however, Hyperion expressed that he had a plan to get the rest of the group past the Ningen. "...If you've got a plan, we wanna hear it. I don't wanna be here all day with these giant creepy fish-sticks," he whispered.

When the group heard the plan, which seemed to be simple enough, Patriah agreed to give the others in the group a hand. He turned to Nova and Hecate, who were both much smaller than he was, and he grinned at them. "You two want a hand getting up there? I can give you both a lift, and then you can push the car over that fish's head and end him. And then, when that's done, you hide so nobody can see you. Sounds like a plan?" he murmured, not wanting the Ningen to hear him.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:14 am

"Hey, hold up," Reisen cut in, clearly frustrated. "Something like that can't just be brushed off as a coincidence. It would be pretty obvious that we cheated if we tried to do something like that, and interfering in a fight between champions would only serve to upset--whatever these things are. And we happen to be outnumbered, so it's not exactly likely that we'd all get out unscathed if we got into a serious fight. As long as we're going the one-on-one route we have a good chance, but if we interfere and end up in a full-scale battle? No. No way. Think rationally here, please! We can't just abandon strategy altogether! Now, if Azazel is losing the fight, then we've got nothing to lose--a little bit of interference then would be fine, since things would probably end badly either way. But to take a risk like that without there really being a need--why would we do that?!"

If this goes badly, the princess might die...

I can't allow that to happen.

This time, I'm not letting anyone die.
Last edited by Charlia on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Syrixces
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Syrixces » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:45 pm

Champion Fish-sticks

Ningen were not known for being terribly smart. In fact, they were a rather stupid lot, not a single Nobel prize winner among them. No, not even the fake "Peace" one. In fact, the Ningen had just barely mastered the art of the written language, an odd mixture of scratches, and circles, that an outsider might have even mistaken as Ancient Greek, if Ancient Greek was in fact a variety of Tic Tac Toe. There were some Ningen that pursued this course of knowledge, hunting down ancient secrets, and discovering new ways to express themselves and their culture.

Fish-sticks, was not one of them.

Champion Fish-sticks, which wasn't his name, rather, lived for the simpler things in life; battle, fish woman (if you're into that), and most importantly, his favorite food, skewered fish (or fish-sticks). As Champion, Fish-sticks lived a rather comfortable life, fights, and fish whenever he pleased. And now, some tiny outsider, some top-siding pink skin threatened his domain, his very way of life?

Somewhere deep inside Fish-stick's pee sized brain, lever switched. Fish-sticks was mad. As mad as a guy named Fish-sticks could be.

Roaring, the beast slammed his blade down next to Azazel, knowing that his foe would dodge away from the blade. Smirking, as much as his enormous barb like teeth allowed him to, he countered the dodge with the jagged bone and sinew of his mutilated arm, causing the Azazel to trip over himself, the mystical blade slipping from his grip, and clattered away into mist. Laughing, globules of spittle splattering across the rough concrete of the underground subway area, the beast raised it's massive, cleaver like blade in one hand, steadying himself with his stump, and pointed down at the stuck prone Azazel, readying to slam it down into its foe's chest. The beast raised the blade as high as it could, roared in delight, and slammed it down.

Hyperion

Look, Hyperion said, to the group, but in particular, Reisen, who had spoken out the most against his plan, I don't plan on cheating right away. These things may stick to their word. I just want a contingency in case of... Hyperion trailed off as he gazed towards the concrete ring below them, the beast's blade raised high above Azazel, ready to plunge down upon the unwitting Godling. Things like that. Shit! We need to get ready, in case this doesn't work out in Az's favor. Everybody, pitch in! We gotta get up there! Hyperion shouted, gesturing towards the subway car, leaning over the rafters above them.

Running towards the wall, Hyperion jumped up, just missing a handhold above him in the form of a ledge. It's gonna take almost all of us to move that damn thing, without our powers! Pat, help me up! Cade, Hecate, get up here! Once one of us is up there,
we can pull the rest of you up along the way! Come on, we gotta hurry! I don't know how much longer Az can handle that thing!

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:17 pm

Snip
Last edited by Ranoria on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:17 pm

Filia Umbrarum

Filia nodded at Charollette. Yes. What she said about Ryujin did make sense. If the dragon lord did fight them, he could risk destroying the place and killing everyone in a cave-in. She gulped at that thought remembering her current mortal state. The idea of dying still scared her greatly. On the other hand, though, Patriah had a point that needed to get going quick. The sooner they can find away to get out out of this place and get their powers and immortality back the better.

Nonetheless, Filia watched as Azazel and the Ningen stepped up to the challenge. It was a brutal fight to watch. The young girl flinched and cringed throughout the battle. She began to look worried upon seeing Azazel getting severely hurt. Filia bit her lip as she got nervous with several questions running in her mind. "What if Azazel loses, Charollette?" asked the young girl nervously as she looked up at the elder being next to her, "Will the fish creatures come to kill us or try to make slaves out us?"
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:01 pm

The Flutterlands wrote:Filia Umbrarum

Filia nodded at Charollette. Yes. What she said about Ryujin did make sense. If the dragon lord did fight them, he could risk destroying the place and killing everyone in a cave-in. She gulped at that thought remembering her current mortal state. The idea of dying still scared her greatly. On the other hand, though, Patriah had a point that needed to get going quick. The sooner they can find away to get out out of this place and get their powers and immortality back the better.

Nonetheless, Filia watched as Azazel and the Ningen stepped up to the challenge. It was a brutal fight to watch. The young girl flinched and cringed throughout the battle. She began to look worried upon seeing Azazel getting severely hurt. Filia bit her lip as she got nervous with several questions running in her mind. "What if Azazel loses, Charollette?" asked the young girl nervously as she looked up at the elder being next to her, "Will the fish creatures come to kill us or try to make slaves out us?"
"...I don't know," Charlotte replied quietly. "I wish I could give you a real answer, but I honestly have no idea. Best case scenario, they just don't let us pass. Worst case..."

For you, I suppose your idea of the worst case is dying, isn't it?

"Well, worst case is something we probably shouldn't think about. We should stay optimistic, right?" she finished, smiling as brightly as she could. Mara was still peeking out from behind her, trying to watch the fight, although Charlotte kept blocking the child's view. She doesn't need to see violence like that yet.

As if it wasn't bad enough that she had to see--

A sharp pain as her head strikes the floor, blood in her mouth--she screamed, she realizes a moment later, and despairs at how foolish she's been... if Mara heard her crying out--

He is shouting at her, lifting her up, throwing her back. She crashes into the wall, and bites back another cry. Please, Father. Please...

"Mommy?!"

No. No!

Mara is there, pulling at her father, trying to hold him back. "Stop it!" she shouts, as loudly as she can. "STOP MAKING MOMMY CRY!"

He turns, and strikes her, and Mara's tiny face contorts in confusion, and pain--Oh, baby, I'm so sorry, Mommy is so, so sorry--she has to make him stop before he does anything worse. He can be so violent when he's angry. She can't let him hurt her little girl any more--

She shouts at him, something incoherent, and forces herself to stand, to lunge for him, clawing at his face, his eyes, screaming at Mara to run, hide, and Mara cries and runs, thank God, she runs, and Charlotte stops fighting.

Rage is written all over his face, but Mara is gone. Mara is safe. He won't go after her. His preferred victim is right here with him, and she's done a perfect job of drawing his anger towards her.

He is going to make her pay, she knows. She is going to pay with blood and tears for what she's done tonight. But it's worth it. No matter what he does to her, it's all worth it.

Mara is safe.

Without really registering that she was doing it, Charlotte lifted Mara up, looking warily at the others. She wanted to help... but she was weak. Without her powers, she was essentially worthless.

Except to Mara, of course. She could be there for Mara, at least.

I love you, baby. I love you so much.

Mara looked up at her mother's face, and her childish smile vanished.

Mommy...

"...Why are you crying?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:31 pm

Syrixces wrote:Champion Fish-sticks

Ningen were not known for being terribly smart. In fact, they were a rather stupid lot, not a single Nobel prize winner among them. No, not even the fake "Peace" one. In fact, the Ningen had just barely mastered the art of the written language, an odd mixture of scratches, and circles, that an outsider might have even mistaken as Ancient Greek, if Ancient Greek was in fact a variety of Tic Tac Toe. There were some Ningen that pursued this course of knowledge, hunting down ancient secrets, and discovering new ways to express themselves and their culture.

Fish-sticks, was not one of them.

Champion Fish-sticks, which wasn't his name, rather, lived for the simpler things in life; battle, fish woman (if you're into that), and most importantly, his favorite food, skewered fish (or fish-sticks). As Champion, Fish-sticks lived a rather comfortable life, fights, and fish whenever he pleased. And now, some tiny outsider, some top-siding pink skin threatened his domain, his very way of life?

Somewhere deep inside Fish-stick's pee sized brain, lever switched. Fish-sticks was mad. As mad as a guy named Fish-sticks could be.

Roaring, the beast slammed his blade down next to Azazel, knowing that his foe would dodge away from the blade. Smirking, as much as his enormous barb like teeth allowed him to, he countered the dodge with the jagged bone and sinew of his mutilated arm, causing the Azazel to trip over himself, the mystical blade slipping from his grip, and clattered away into mist. Laughing, globules of spittle splattering across the rough concrete of the underground subway area, the beast raised it's massive, cleaver like blade in one hand, steadying himself with his stump, and pointed down at the stuck prone Azazel, readying to slam it down into its foe's chest. The beast raised the blade as high as it could, roared in delight, and slammed it down.

Hyperion

Look, Hyperion said, to the group, but in particular, Reisen, who had spoken out the most against his plan, I don't plan on cheating right away. These things may stick to their word. I just want a contingency in case of... Hyperion trailed off as he gazed towards the concrete ring below them, the beast's blade raised high above Azazel, ready to plunge down upon the unwitting Godling. Things like that. Shit! We need to get ready, in case this doesn't work out in Az's favor. Everybody, pitch in! We gotta get up there! Hyperion shouted, gesturing towards the subway car, leaning over the rafters above them.

Running towards the wall, Hyperion jumped up, just missing a handhold above him in the form of a ledge. It's gonna take almost all of us to move that damn thing, without our powers! Pat, help me up! Cade, Hecate, get up here! Once one of us is up there,
we can pull the rest of you up along the way! Come on, we gotta hurry! I don't know how much longer Az can handle that thing!

"Roger! Everyone climb-up! Those who stay on the ground, try to keep around Azazel in case this doesn't work! Because otherwise we're going to have to grind our way out of here!" Patriah answered, mostly ignoring Reisen's pleas to play fair. In his mind, fair-play was fine when your life was not inherently at stake, but survival meant survival, and that meant any and all means of doing so were fair-game. Given they were in a strange land as well, he had no intention of playing fair if it caused everyone to die. Thus, he helped Hyperion up without a second thought, and then waited for Hecate, Cade, Nova, and the rest who planned to climb to do the same.

Hamiri decided to stay on the ground, near Azazel, and she waited for the car to drop on the and gen. If it missed, everyone would be in danger. Azazel would be in even more danger, as he would probably end-up dead. Thus, her plan was to drag him out the way, if things went wrong, and then to try and distract the Ningen while everyone ran. She turned to Lux, knowing that he seemed to be good with the creatures, and whispered, "Think we can distract them if the rest of the group messes up?"

"We will do what we can according to the circumstances. I am aware of what may come next, as are you," he answered, remaining calm and strangely-serene even as Azazel was going to get stabbed, and the rest of the team was about to drop a massive broken car on one of the fish-creatures. How Lux would distract such a group, without any weapons, was unknown. However, given he was a peaceful individual, and rather strange by his own right, perhaps he had a chance...
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:27 pm

Azazel

Even if he was an unbelievably skilled fighter, he wasn't perfect, especially not against a foe of this caliber, who's strength, and speed, so far outpaced his own. As such, he was completely unprepared for the series of attacks that put him on his back, gasping for breath as an already damaged spine felt as if it had been infused with a bolt of lightning, the pain immobilizing him for a fraction of a second that gave his opponent just enough time to bring his weapon down.

Fortunately for Azazel, it wasn't quite enough to impale him.

The saber smashed into the steel floor beneath them, sparks flying in time with the resounding screech of metal striking metal. The fish-man's sheer strength was more than enough that he didn't have to worry about struggling to free his weapon from the ground, growling with more than a little frustration at the fact that his opponent was still alive.

The demon in a man's flesh knew that, at this point, the battle could be nothing more than a war of attrition. Would his injuries give out first, or would this creature's wounds bleed him dry? At the same time, a bit of insurance never hurt.

From what he could see, if there was a flaw in this beast's assault, it was that he tended to put far too much power into his attacks. After all, if you split someone's head open, it wouldn't matter if your axe cut them down to the chest of just to the nose. But he could use that, as small of an opening as it provided, given the opportunity.

Once more, he called forth his blade, grimacing before renewing their clash, both swordsmen searching for any opening, any at all, to take and deal one last deathblow. At first, Azazel's attack was conservative, remembering the absurd difference in their physical abilities, but after the first few rings of blade clashing against blade, he realized that the gap had narrowed tremendously. Why? He wasn't so sure, but it had occurred nonetheless, and with that newfound knowledge, he once again went on the offensive, finding that his speed, too, had improved. But every time he thought he'd found an opening, it was as if the abomination's weapon knew it, jerking his arm at unnatural angles and motions to prevent blows that very well could have been mortal.

This is madness...
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Hecate

"Moving!" The girl replied, quiet and quickly as she moved away. She hit the wall and moved to hop up, minding herself and not trying to inconvenience the others as they climbed. She told herself that she would be fine - climbing a tall wall with no harness seemed stupid, but it was that or he eaten, so she convinced herself that it indeed as totally fine.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Syrixces
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Syrixces » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:05 pm

Fish-Sticks

Fish-Sticks was mad. This battle was going on longer than nearly any other he had ever fought before; the next longest being that time he had gotten his fin-fist stuck in a jar. That had been a bad day. Nearly as bad as this.

Roaring, Fish-Sticks stood back, letting his weapon take over the fight, the gauntleted blade guiding his blows and slashes, the massive, cleaver like blade, jutting and sharp along the hilt, slicing and hacking through the air in a succession of brutal parries, expertly blocking Azazel's assault, almost as if the blade could sense the attacks before they happened. His walnut sized brain buzzing, Fish-Sticks realized something, this battle was not a battle of skill. It was a battle of strength. Whomever could last the longest. Fish-Sticks, grinned, as his blade pushed away another attack, this time, going on the offensive. Whomever could last the longest? Fish-Sticks knew who that was. If he could best the jar, this little morsel before him was nothing.

Hyperion

Shit shit shit shit shit! This is not going well. Look at them! Those fucking swords! They're just gonna bleed each other out! Even if we do win, Az will die for sure. We gotta do something.

Turning to the others, he braced himself, and leaned into the subway car in front of them, but away from the Ningen champion. Look, I don't want to squash this thing, and fuck it all up. But if we can distract him for a second? That might give Az enough time for the killing blow. So everyone, with me! Push!

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:30 am

Azazel

It seemed that his opponent had realized the same thing that he had, albeit approaching the issue in a different way.

While Azazel had known that his opponent would bleed out, eventually, if he could just hold him off for a long period of time, now that he'd gone on the offensive, they both knew that it was only a matter of time before Azazel's strength gave out. The sword was amplifying his physical abilities by a good deal. Not nearly enough to replicate those he had before this city had taken them, but enough to at least ward off his attacker's blows.

He knew that, should he simply give in and go on the defensive, he would die. Whatever this monstrosity was, it was far stronger than he was, his only saving grace being that he knew how to fight opponents who overwhelmed his sheer brute.

However, at some point between his arms shaking from abuse and bruises beginning to form on his wrists from the sheer amount of force he was fending off, the fish-man's attack blew him off his feet, the sword disappearing from his grip in an instant while the demon skidded along the metal ground, panting heavily and forcing himself to stand. After all, laying on the ground as if dead would only turn into a reality.

He could feel hot blood running down his arm, and grunted in pain when his opponent's foot slammed him back into the cold, unforgiving floor. He almost panicked when he saw the glowing, god-slaying blade raised above, ready to impale him, as it had been before, only this time he couldn't get out of the way. It didn't take long to figure out just what he could do, spotting Tetsu out of the corner of his eye.

He reached out, brushing the blade with his fingertips as he gasped for breath, bones beginning to strain under this thing's massive weight, vision beginning to go hazy as a result of the abuse.

While his opponent sent a roar to the artificial skies of this place, Azazel gripped his reliable blade, the weapon changing to a two foot long, serrated shortsword in his grip. With that, in one fluid motion, he lodged the blade through the calf of this champion, straight through the tendon that connected its foot and leg.

The result was instantaneous, the Ningen collapsing and falling forward, straight onto the gauntlet-generated blade that Azazel called forth.

But, rather than feeling the thing's blood raining down on him, his eyes went wide. The creature was literally holding itself up, with its hands, by the blade, gripping it in between those massive paws and throwing itself off and away from danger, Tetsu still lodged in its ankle.

I can't take much more of this...

But, he thought, neither could this thing. There was no way that it could put weight on that foot, and by now, it would soon succumb to blood loss, or so he hoped. Meanwhile, he let the artificial, Atlantean blade he'd been using sag, resting its blade on the floor, wheezing now as a result of their last, albeit brief, clash.

"Whether you know it or not, you can't last much longer, so why not bend a knee now, and I'll spare your life."

It was one last, desperate plea. He knew that he could still win, but at the same time, the longer this went on, the more likely it was that neither champion would leave here alive, especially with the security blanket offered by Xavier's healing gone in this cursed place.

At the same time, however, he didn't want this duel to end so quickly. This was, by far, the most difficult battle he'd had the privileged to go through in years. And for it to end with both of them walking away alive?

Well, that just didn't seem fair.
Last edited by Ranoria on Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lumi is my NS mom

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:51 am

Syrixces wrote:Fish-Sticks

Fish-Sticks was mad. This battle was going on longer than nearly any other he had ever fought before; the next longest being that time he had gotten his fin-fist stuck in a jar. That had been a bad day. Nearly as bad as this.

Roaring, Fish-Sticks stood back, letting his weapon take over the fight, the gauntleted blade guiding his blows and slashes, the massive, cleaver like blade, jutting and sharp along the hilt, slicing and hacking through the air in a succession of brutal parries, expertly blocking Azazel's assault, almost as if the blade could sense the attacks before they happened. His walnut sized brain buzzing, Fish-Sticks realized something, this battle was not a battle of skill. It was a battle of strength. Whomever could last the longest. Fish-Sticks, grinned, as his blade pushed away another attack, this time, going on the offensive. Whomever could last the longest? Fish-Sticks knew who that was. If he could best the jar, this little morsel before him was nothing.

Hyperion

Shit shit shit shit shit! This is not going well. Look at them! Those fucking swords! They're just gonna bleed each other out! Even if we do win, Az will die for sure. We gotta do something.

Turning to the others, he braced himself, and leaned into the subway car in front of them, but away from the Ningen champion. Look, I don't want to squash this thing, and fuck it all up. But if we can distract him for a second? That might give Az enough time for the killing blow. So everyone, with me! Push!

Patriah was the last person to climb up to the top of the ledge, swinging himself over as soon as people stopped climbing up over him. Without yelling a word, he rushed over and began to help push the car over the side. He saw Azazel struggling, and knew he did not have much time. He could very well be killed by this monster they were fighting, and he did not want to have to dispose of a dead body twenty-thousand leagues below the sea. Just seeing the car coming crashing down would scare the fish into silence, and then Azazel could jump in and get the finishing blow. This way, he got the victory, and the Ningen would be scared and would let the group by. Come on, Azazel, you gotta hold out...just a few more seconds...We're gonna help you finish this, just give us the time! he thought, gritting his teeth as he pushed his back against the massive car.
-Alan Jackson

Syrixces
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Syrixces » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:04 pm

Hyperion

Hyperion groaned, creaking metal slowly shifting, as he and the others pushed the abandoned tram car off the ridge, the rusted over, plastic and bronze bubble shaped car screeching as it groaned against the concrete. Sparks flew up, metal scratching metal, as together, they heaved the tram car over the edge, the massive bubble shaped structure sliding off the edge in a shower of flame and rust shards, slamming into the ground with a shuddering thud, missing any and all Ningen below, including Fish-Sticks.

What it did do, however, was exactly what they wanted.

Fish-Sticks

Fish-Sticks was never known for his massive attention span. In fact, he's mostly known for being big, eating enormous amounts of things that aren't supposed to be eaten, and generally being the Fish personification of Tourette's syndrome. So when the tram car crashed down next to him, his attention immediately snapped, huge, glassy bulbs leering away from the fight for just one moment.

One moment too long.

Azazel's blade found home. The Atlantean blade found home. The Atlantean blade found a soul.

And snuffed it out. The Ningen fell, sagging forward on Azazel's blade, the gauntlet falling from its grasp, clattering to the floor. Gasps responded. A blade fluttered into nothing, dissipating to mist with its bearer.

It was over.

Screeches, howls, roars of rage and confusion resounded. But with the movement of a single flipper, the Chieftain silenced it all. It bowed, bone necklaces clattering, and the crowd behind it parted.

The path to freedom had cleared.

Hyperion laughed, and jumped down from his perch, bowing in turn to the Chief, and slapping Azazel on the back.

You heard the fish man. Let's go.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:48 pm

Azazel

He was almost disappointed when he felt the Atlantean blade bite flesh, tearing through sinew and carrion before emerging from the side of the enormous creature's neck. But at the same time, he knew, as well as any of them, that had the battle gone on much longer he wouldn't have been able to continue, the Atlantean blade disappearing from his grip even as he heard their adversaries vocalizing their displeasure.

Once the adrenaline began to wear off, however, he began to feel woozy, exhaustion creeping into beaten, abused joints and limbs, his entire frame shaking as he sagged, Hyperion's congragulatory slap causing his already burning back to practically light up, causing Azazel to stumble forward, losing his balance to some extent.

He was bleeding in multiple places, and bruises were already forming on his arms and shoulders simply from the repeated impacts they'd taken. Beyond that, he could feel that something was wrong with his back, most likely a cracked vertebrae. "Fucking shrimp." The demon leaned over, gripping Tetsu in hand before sheathing the weapon. He tried to take another step, but proceeded to simply fall to one knee.

"I can't keep going," he was well aware that the group could simply leave him behind, but as light headed and beaten down as he was, that didn't appear to matter, the words slipping quietly from his mouth.

It wasn't as if he hadn't been in a life threatening situation before, far from it, in fact. But even with that being the case, he had always either been able to fight his way to safety, or use the supernatural to repair his broken body. This was different. He had never placed his life in the hands of others, others whom, for the most part, he had little trust in.

So why did I fight for them?

Now, he had no choice but to hope that they would, in fact, elect to take him to safety. But if they didn't...

They could just leave me to these wolves...

Azazel looked up from his one knee, vision swimming, making the scores of animals whom had blocked their path seem much greater.

And I won't be able to make it out, this time.

Ryujin

The dragon growled in response to the fish-men's anger at the outcome of the battle, not trying to communicate with them through any sort of language, but the universal, unmistakable threat of wielding power beyond their own, raising up from where he had been resting and placing a single, clawed foot in front of their chosen champion. However, he was quite sure that these pests would honor their agreement, and as such looked to the others, obviously impatient. "I would be gone from this place as quickly as possible. I suggest we move."

Upon seeing Azazel's predicament, however, the dragon snorted, wings folding in tightly to his body, "Whether you leave the devil or not is your decision. I have little investment in any of your number, much less one whom cannot stand alone."
Lumi is my NS mom

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:20 pm

Ranoria wrote:Azazel

He was almost disappointed when he felt the Atlantean blade bite flesh, tearing through sinew and carrion before emerging from the side of the enormous creature's neck. But at the same time, he knew, as well as any of them, that had the battle gone on much longer he wouldn't have been able to continue, the Atlantean blade disappearing from his grip even as he heard their adversaries vocalizing their displeasure.

Once the adrenaline began to wear off, however, he began to feel woozy, exhaustion creeping into beaten, abused joints and limbs, his entire frame shaking as he sagged, Hyperion's congragulatory slap causing his already burning back to practically light up, causing Azazel to stumble forward, losing his balance to some extent.

He was bleeding in multiple places, and bruises were already forming on his arms and shoulders simply from the repeated impacts they'd taken. Beyond that, he could feel that something was wrong with his back, most likely a cracked vertebrae. "Fucking shrimp." The demon leaned over, gripping Tetsu in hand before sheathing the weapon. He tried to take another step, but proceeded to simply fall to one knee.

"I can't keep going," he was well aware that the group could simply leave him behind, but as light headed and beaten down as he was, that didn't appear to matter, the words slipping quietly from his mouth.

It wasn't as if he hadn't been in a life threatening situation before, far from it, in fact. But even with that being the case, he had always either been able to fight his way to safety, or use the supernatural to repair his broken body. This was different. He had never placed his life in the hands of others, others whom, for the most part, he had little trust in.

Now, he had no choice but to hope that they would, in fact, elect to take him to safety. But if they didn't...

Azazel looked up from his one knee, vision swimming, making the scores of animals whom had blocked their path seem much greater.

Ryujin

The dragon growled in response to the fish-men's anger at the outcome of the battle, not trying to communicate with them through any sort of language, but the universal, unmistakable threat of wielding power beyond their own, raising up from where he had been resting and placing a single, clawed foot in front of their chosen champion. However, he was quite sure that these pests would honor their agreement, and as such looked to the others, obviously impatient. "I would be gone from this place as quickly as possible. I suggest we move."

Upon seeing Azazel's predicament, however, the dragon snorted, wings folding in tightly to his body, "Whether you leave the devil or not is your decision. I have little investment in any of your number, much less one whom cannot stand alone."

Mason Leventis

The giant rejoined the group, after having prepared for a fight he didn't participate in, and looked down to the demon. Throughout almost the entirety of his existence, he had always despised both them and angels. And yet, seeing one standing near its own death, he felt empathy and respect.

He too had been in Azzy's position, both in mortal life and after death. A combat protégé, and a frequent target of both sides of a ceaseless war. Pain and loss were no stranger to him.

Holding out one of his enormous hands, he dropped a mess of torn clothing before him. There was no doubt that they had been his before he lost control of his form.

Maybe it was a good thing the monstrous form lacked genitals.

"Bandage..." He muttered, his voice a deep-almost animalistic-growl. Nothing about it was human, or natural. "Live." Each word was a struggle, almost painful in this state.
Fear the Angels of Darkness, for they are of the few remaining Nephalem.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

The world will be my personal toy... Destruction at the flick of my wrist and creation at the wave of my hand...
I greet you, human.
Do you like pudding, Eric?

Theme Song

Am I here? Can someone tell me?

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:45 am

Ranoria wrote:Azazel

Kaguya had never needed to heal people.

She'd fought before, of course, but the eternal duels with the only other person who understood were different, needed no healing, no help. They fought to die, and then stood back up reborn anew. She didn't know what to do in a situation like this.

But she knew who did.

"Reisen," she said quickly, only for the purple-haired rabbit girl to nod before she could even vocalize a command. Snatching up the clothing that the enormous creature had dropped, she tore the remnants into long strips and wound them around what wounds she could. She couldn't fix the remainder of the wounds, couldn't heal him, but she could try to keep him from bleeding out, at least...

If only Omoikane were here... She could fix this. She can fix everything.

"You're not dying," she muttered. "Not on my watch. Not this time." She lifted him with what seemed to be surprising strength. "Not this time."

I won't let you die, Clover. I promise.

Ryujin's words made her look at him in shock. Although she didn't question him aloud, she couldn't even begin to accept his words.

You don't leave a good soldier behind if you can do something to save them. That's what Lady Yorihime taught me... Did she not learn it from you?

You're not like I thought you'd be at all...

That's not important right now. Keep him alive. He's a good soldier. And I think the princess would consider him a friend...

No one else dies if I can stop it. No one. No one!

I promised... I promised...

Clover...

No one else dies.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:50 am

Hyperion groaned, creaking metal slowly shifting, as he and the others pushed the abandoned tram car off the ridge, the rusted over, plastic and bronze bubble shaped car screeching as it groaned against the concrete. Sparks flew up, metal scratching metal, as together, they heaved the tram car over the edge, the massive bubble shaped structure sliding off the edge in a shower of flame and rust shards, slamming into the ground with a shuddering thud, missing any and all Ningen below, including Fish-Sticks.

What it did do, however, was exactly what they wanted.

Fish-Sticks

Fish-Sticks was never known for his massive attention span. In fact, he's mostly known for being big, eating enormous amounts of things that aren't supposed to be eaten, and generally being the Fish personification of Tourette's syndrome. So when the tram car crashed down next to him, his attention immediately snapped, huge, glassy bulbs leering away from the fight for just one moment.

One moment too long.

Azazel's blade found home. The Atlantean blade found home. The Atlantean blade found a soul.

And snuffed it out. The Ningen fell, sagging forward on Azazel's blade, the gauntlet falling from its grasp, clattering to the floor. Gasps responded. A blade fluttered into nothing, dissipating to mist with its bearer.

It was over.

Screeches, howls, roars of rage and confusion resounded. But with the movement of a single flipper, the Chieftain silenced it all. It bowed, bone necklaces clattering, and the crowd behind it parted.

The path to freedom had cleared.

Hyperion laughed, and jumped down from his perch, bowing in turn to the Chief, and slapping Azazel on the back.

You heard the fish man. Let's go.

"Ha! It worked?! That's amazing! We actually got him!" Patriah murmured with a chuckle, as he carefully hopped down from where he had been hiding with the others, and waited to help the rest of the group down. "You guys hurry and get down from there so we can keep going! Now's our chance! Otherwise we're gonna have to filet a crowd of fish, and I do not want to spend anymore time here than we already have," he called to the others in the group, as he outstretched his hands and waited for them to jump down. In the meantime, he had kept an eye on the fight as it ended, as Azazel had taken advantage of the Ningen's distraction and plunged his sword into the creature's body. Patriah's triumphant grin immediately turned to a severe frown as he noticed how badly-beaten Azazel's body was, as a result of the fight.

Hamiri and Xavier had noticed as well, and as Reisen had started tightly covering Azazel's wounds with long strips of cloth, they rushed over to prepare to help Azazel as well. They crouched on each side of him, and then grabbed him under each arm. "Good job out there, Azazel," Xavier congratulated quietly, keeping an eye on the crowd of Ningen around them, "now come on. Nobody's getting left behind. On the count of three, Hamiri and I are going to help you up. We'll walk with you and make sure you don't fall off the wagon, so to speak, alright?...Think of it as me paying you back for suffering through being the team's mule for a few minutes..." He then turned to Hamiri, making sure she was ready before he counted-down. "...One, two, three!" He and Hamiri then pulled up hard, slowly getting to their feet and bringing Azazel up to his feet as well. The Throne then turned down toward Reisen, and smiled gratefully. Her quick thinking had stopped most of Azazel's wounds from bleeding-out, and now the group could continue forward. "...Just step forward when you're ready, Azazel," Xavier told his classmate.

Standing near the back of the group still, upon seeing the Ningen part the crowd, Lux began to walk forward, wanting to get away from the strange fish-like creatures as much as anyone else. This battle was over, and they would have to hurry to get past them, before the other Ningen noticed the dropped car and potentially discovered what had happened. None of them would be able to survive such a massive onslaught, if it did happen. Yet at the same time, Lux also felt something far worse was awaiting them ahead. He stared into the darkness ahead, and frowned slightly, wondering what else was hiding in the dark, decrepit city, on the way to the docks.
-Alan Jackson

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:14 am

Azazel

He could only bow his head in gratitude at their actions. Despite his own weakness, and the fact that, now, he'd only be a burden, they were refusing to leave him for dead. It wasn't as if he was completely immobile, but the pain of his injuries, and the fatigue that came with them, made it nearly impossible for him to move as quickly as they all were, impossible to escape this god-forsaken labyrinth.

It was a new experience for him, having to rely on others, and there was an unsettled feeling in his stomach at having to do so, their own reliability an unknown against merely ensuring his own safety.

But without any other options, the demon allowed them to support his weight, to carry him through this city in the abyss.
Lumi is my NS mom

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Hecate

Hecate climbed back down, legs wobbly as she tried to reassure herself that she wouldn't be in the air much longer. Once she was down, she bolted, too happy to be back on solid ground.

The girl made her way past the fight scene quickly, though pausing for a brief moment to eye the dead Fish-Sticks and lower her head. She felt bad, but then again, it was him or all of them, and she would rather not be eaten.

She caught up with the rest of the group, flustered and still a bit shaky. "I hate heights.", She muttered, looking back to the Ningen. She was still sorry, but happy to be away from the lot of them.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Syrixces
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Syrixces » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:06 pm

Azazel had won.

But at what cost to himself?

The battle had been violent, bloody, only ending at the intervention of the others.

Hyperion stooped under Azazel, propping up the wounded demon with his shoulder, demonic blood seeping into his dirt coated street clothes.

Jesus, Az. You're really beat to shit, huh? We'll get you buddy, you can count on us.

After what you did back there, I owe you one.

We all do.

Hyperion limped forward, carrying his friend towards the tunnel at the end of the chamber.

They had done it, together, really. All of them, had made it this far, not with strength of self, but strength of unity. Strength of friendship.

Come on everyone. We got a long way to go.

And it all went to shit.

Somewhere deep inside the ball of mud, grease and slime that was the Ningen Chiefs brain, something clicked.

He looked over at the fallen car, then up at Hyperion, then to where they had been, high up on the rafter.

Fast forward another dozen times of this, and the Chief realizes something. And he's angry.

In a cry of warbles nonsense, the Chief relayed his message.

And the Ningen, as one, turned those ghostly white eyes, in a seething mass of anger, bared teeth, and charged.

You can cheat a dog, you can cheat a person.

But you can't cheat a fish.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:25 am

Syrixces wrote:Somewhere deep inside the ball of mud, grease and slime that was the Ningen Chiefs brain, something clicked.

He looked over at the fallen car, then up at Hyperion, then to where they had been, high up on the rafter.

Fast forward another dozen times of this, and the Chief realizes something. And he's angry.

And the Ningen, as one, turned those ghostly white eyes, in a seething mass of anger, bared teeth, and charged.

Reisen normally enjoyed being right.

This was not one of those times.

Several others had taken Azazel, so she was left with her hands free--and still holding the futuristic-looking gun she'd taken from the armory. The gauntlets the others had favored--they were fine, but she had her own weapon of choice, and that was always a gun. My eyes might not be able to cause madness anymore, but they're still just as good as ever.

Pushing to the back of the group, she aimed the weapon and fired once, twice, three times, feeling a small thrill of satisfaction as she watched three of the creatures fall.

"Hurry!" she shouted to the others, still firing. "I'll hold them off as long as I can, but I don't know how long that'll be... Get Azazel out of here, and make sure the princess is safe, please... Please make sure she's safe!"

I can't win against all of them... but I can hold out as long as possible.

Look at me, Lady Yorihime, Lady Toyohime... Omoikane... Look at me... If I die here, it won't be as a coward.

This time... I won't give up.

"Hey, need some help?"

Tewi?!

Sure enough, the smaller rabbit girl was grinning wildly and hopping into the fray herself, swinging her mallet down on the fish-creatures' heads with obvious glee. "Kaguya asked me to help," she called flippantly. "An' I figured hey, I get to bash a few skulls in, why not?"

Reisen couldn't keep the smile off her face.

Come on, you filthy creatures.

This one's for Clover.

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:01 am

"It would seem that diplomacy has failed..." Diz said, re-emerging from the shadows beside the group. "Honestly, I can't say I didn't expect it. The whole 'speaking to them in Greek' thing was really just a massive crapshoot, one which I didn't entirely expect to actually work."

He looked over the group of ningen, who were beginning to attack.

"Well, perhaps I might be able use them to work off some emotions, at the very least."

And then he charged down from the platform everyone stood on, landing in the middle of the fray with his scythe in hand.

And it was almost like he was dancing.

He moved with something that, while graceful in appearance, was still quite visibly savage. As he swung, the creatures fell apart, many even taking a few moments to actually even register the cuts.

However, despite his attacks, more and more ningen were beginning to attack.

"Well, they don't call me a reaper for nothing!" He shouted, before making his way further into the fray.
Last edited by Granis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:48 pm

Charlia wrote:
Syrixces wrote:Somewhere deep inside the ball of mud, grease and slime that was the Ningen Chiefs brain, something clicked.

Reisen normally enjoyed being right.

This was not one of those times.

Several others had taken Azazel, so she was left with her hands free--and still holding the futuristic-looking gun she'd taken from the armory. The gauntlets the others had favored--they were fine, but she had her own weapon of choice, and that was always a gun. My eyes might not be able to cause madness anymore, but they're still just as good as ever.

Pushing to the back of the group, she aimed the weapon and fired once, twice, three times, feeling a small thrill of satisfaction as she watched three of the creatures fall.

"Hurry!" she shouted to the others, still firing. "I'll hold them off as long as I can, but I don't know how long that'll be... Get Azazel out of here, and make sure the princess is safe, please... Please make sure she's safe!"

I can't win against all of them... but I can hold out as long as possible.

Look at me, Lady Yorihime, Lady Toyohime... Omoikane... Look at me... If I die here, it won't be as a coward.

This time... I won't give up.

"Hey, need some help?"

Tewi?!

Sure enough, the smaller rabbit girl was grinning wildly and hopping into the fray herself, swinging her mallet down on the fish-creatures' heads with obvious glee. "Kaguya asked me to help," she called flippantly. "An' I figured hey, I get to bash a few skulls in, why not?"

Reisen couldn't keep the smile off her face.

Come on, you filthy creatures.

This one's for Clover.

"If you kids think we're gonna just leave the two of you behind, you need to think again." Xavier shot at one of the Ningen as it dove at him, and then at several others around him. They had figured-out that they had been cheated, and now they were attacking the group in droves. The world beneath the sea seemed to be closing-in around them, and they had no other options except to fight and then to run. "Lux!" Xavier tossed him one of his guns, and when the younger Angel caught it, he ordered, "You need to fight! Defend Hecate and the bunnies and lead them out of this mess! Hamiri and I still have to get Azazel to safety!"

Lux nodded, completely calm despite the angry, shrieking Ningen that were attacking them. "Do not worry. I will keep them safe. Please, go forward with Azazel, and we will not allow you to be attacked either." He then turned, and without blinking, he began to shoot at the Ningen. He seemed saddened at the sight of the fish-people falling, as they were shot, but he knew that if he did not fight, then the Ningen would catch the rest of the group, and they would never complete their mission. "...I apologize to all of you for attacking you. Please, we only wish to leave. If you will stand-down, we will not shoot. If you continue to attack, however, I have no choice..." He then shot another Ningen-the one that had licked his eye, and he frowned as it fell.
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse