NATION

PASSWORD

The Spark of the Divine [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:03 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The Grim Reaper wrote:
A tad. My sleep cycle is easily interrupted, so it is common for me to miss a day or two here and there, which is part of the reason I haven't posted for today yet.

Fair enough. I don't mind slowing down the posting cycle; if we do that I can actually decrease costs for Aspects and Innovations, since I calibrated those to provide a reasonable daily workload.

You mean the cost of adopting new aspects and innovations or the cost of using them?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:05 am

ApplePieistan wrote:
Fair enough. I don't mind slowing down the posting cycle; if we do that I can actually decrease costs for Aspects and Innovations, since I calibrated those to provide a reasonable daily workload.

You mean the cost of adopting new aspects and innovations or the cost of using them?

Cost of adopting- that's the most time intensive area for me, putting together new Aspects/Innovations, considering how to balance them, etc.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:53 am

ApplePieistan wrote:You mean the cost of adopting new aspects and innovations or the cost of using them?

Cost of adopting- that's the most time intensive area for me, putting together new Aspects/Innovations, considering how to balance them, etc.

Then I shall edit my day 4 and adopt beloved.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:13 am

ApplePieistan wrote:

Then I shall edit my day 4 and adopt beloved.

Cool. Just remember to pick an Aspect to drop, or upgrade your Divine's Aspect limit.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:45 am

ApplePieistan wrote:Then I shall edit my day 4 and adopt beloved.

Cool. Just remember to pick an Aspect to drop, or upgrade your Divine's Aspect limit.

Upgrading the limit? Does that cost 5 divinity too? How much am I paying total to get beloved?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:55 am

ApplePieistan wrote:

Upgrading the limit? Does that cost 5 divinity too? How much am I paying total to get beloved?

Upgrading costs just as much as changing an Aspect, yes.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:02 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:Upgrading the limit? Does that cost 5 divinity too? How much am I paying total to get beloved?

Let me get something straight: I pay 5 divinity to upgrade the limit, then another 6 to get the aspect itself?
Last edited by ApplePieistan on Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:08 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:

Let me get something straight: I pay 5 divinity to upgrade the limit, then another 6 to get the aspect itself?

That would be correct, yes. Or you pay only five to swap one of your current Aspects for a different one. Or you pay ten and create a new Aspect entirely and adopt it.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:11 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:Let me get something straight: I pay 5 divinity to upgrade the limit, then another 6 to get the aspect itself?

That would be correct, yes. Or you pay only five to swap one of your current Aspects for a different one. Or you pay ten and create a new Aspect entirely and adopt it.

Does creating a new aspect upgrade the aspect limit?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:20 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:

Does creating a new aspect upgrade the aspect limit?

Not as such, no. It does give everyone else something to adopt. Otherwise it would actually be cheaper to create a new aspect than to adopt an existing one, provided in both cases you don't want to swap out your aspects.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:31 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:Does creating a new aspect upgrade the aspect limit?

Not as such, no. It does give everyone else something to adopt. Otherwise it would actually be cheaper to create a new aspect than to adopt an existing one, provided in both cases you don't want to swap out your aspects.

I guess I could drop glorious. I can barely feed the followers I have now, so I don't need wanderers until I can get a workshop, which I need to build a hoe, which I need to build irrigation furrows.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:36 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:

I guess I could drop glorious. I can barely feed the followers I have now, so I don't need wanderers until I can get a workshop, which I need to build a hoe, which I need to build irrigation furrows.

Alternatively, drop Glorious and pick up Regeneration. Or the aspect to let you spawn new berry groves.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:44 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:I guess I could drop glorious. I can barely feed the followers I have now, so I don't need wanderers until I can get a workshop, which I need to build a hoe, which I need to build irrigation furrows.

Alternatively, drop Glorious and pick up Regeneration. Or the aspect to let you spawn new berry groves.

I would get life-blood of men, but I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a dice roll to decide how many bushes I get, which could screw me by giving me 1 berry bush.
Last edited by ApplePieistan on Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:50 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:

I would get life-blood of men, but I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a dice roll to decide how many bushes I get, which could screw me by giving me 1 berry bush.

Nope, resource patches always come in defined amounts.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:51 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:I would get life-blood of men, but I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a dice roll to decide how many bushes I get, which could screw me by giving me 1 berry bush.

Really? How many bushes from life-blood of men? And do they come with berries?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:54 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:

Really? How many bushes from life-blood of men? And do they come with berries?

Three, and yes, they do.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:02 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:Really? How many bushes from life-blood of men? And do they come with berries?

Three, and yes, they do.

Tempting, but then again, when people start innovating things, I might need a workshop. Plus I'd monopolize all the stone in the region, which could be useful.
Last edited by ApplePieistan on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:49 pm

I'm looking to update in about an hour, Grim. Any timeframe for a post?

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Can I communicate with tribes more than 10 paces away from me?

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:35 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:Can I communicate with tribes more than 10 paces away from me?

As a god? You should be able to do that. However you would be limited to the tribe-to-tribe diplomacy.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:38 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:Can I communicate with tribes more than 10 paces away from me?

Sure. You can speak god to god, after all, and that god could relay your words to their mortals.

There's the update all- apologies for the delay. I was trying to wait until I could update the map, but just decided to kick out the text for what it was worth. I'll look to have the map updated tonight, with any luck. Note that the villages of Baelt, Beo, and Protogeiros will have vanished along with their resources with the coming of the new day.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:39 pm

Sure. You can speak god to god, after all, and that god could relay your words to their mortals.

There's the update all- apologies for the delay. I was trying to wait until I could update the map, but just decided to kick out the text for what it was worth. I'll look to have the map updated tonight, with any luck. Note that the villages of Baelt, Beo, and Protogeiros will have vanished along with their resources with the coming of the new day.

Welp, there goes one of food sources. :p

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:46 pm

Ulls wrote:

Welp, there goes one of food sources. :p

Camping inactives may be a way to victory in mobile games, but not in RP :P

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Ulls wrote:Welp, there goes one of food sources. :p

So how much money will I have to give you to get the good stuff? :p

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:50 pm

Ulls wrote:

So how much money will I have to give you to get the good stuff? :p

I only take political favors actually, sooooooo.... how much clout do you have on your local Federal Resource District Board?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse