NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: A New Uprising [OOC] -CONCLUDED-

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:I suppose, with Most of the Imperial Fleet devoted to dealing with the CIS, it will be up to Grand Admiral Kirrak, if he is accepted, to take on the Rebellion.

That should be a interesting.

Actually, it isn't most of the Imperial fleet; mainly a couple fleets from Oversector 13 plus Vader's fleet assaulting Geonosis, and then planning to assault other major worlds belonging to the Confederacy.

Kulonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kulonia » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Any other Jedi want to be in the chain TG to do some early interactions and join together?
Had some cringy 2016 high school politics in this from 8th grade. Not what I want to be remembered for so heres an updated P&C list :)
Pro: Nationalism, Unity, Isolationism, Strong leadership, Huey Long and Longism
Anti: Racism, Corporations, Israel, Establishment politicians, FDR

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:12 pm

The V O I D wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:The Mustafar duel is debatable. The offense vs the defense is like black vs white, yin and yang.

Either of them could of won, however I will agree that the Death Star duel was a sacrifice and a distraction. We'll never know if Old Ben could of beat Vader.

So I'm going to end this argument and say they're both equal for this RP. Neither can bear the other they will need some kind of advantage to win.

The Mustafar thing is hardly debatable. I've watched that film a hundred times by now, I'm sure. It is a certainty that Obi-Wan was on defense, just like he was during The Clone Wars in every one of their sparring matches, and just like in the Mortis arc. Obi-Wan has always been on defense with Anakin; even when he gained an upper hand, he'd quickly lose it unless that upper hand was a firm, irremovable advantage (e.g. higher ground).

And, by now, Vader is certainly strong enough to win against Obi-Wan in a fight. Obi-Wan, as his former master, would hesitate and be forced on defense. Obi-Wan, even if he didn't hesitate, would still be forced on defense due to the ferocity and power of Vader's attacks. Whether he hesitates or not, Vader definitely won't and will throw everything he has behind it. That means in a solo duel, unless Obi-Wan fights to try and kill Vader (which is unlikely, even if it has been three years) and unless he gains a severe advantage a la Mustafar, Vader will kill Obi-Wan. There's no real debate to be had about it.

Now, if Obi-Wan had Yoda's help, or if Vader was fighting the New Council all at once, that's another story. But, yeah, no. Vader would wipe the floor in a singular duel against Obi-Wan, unless the two factors I said came into fruition, and even then it's iffy and leaning in Vader's favor.

Void I said the argument is over. Obi Wan and Vader will be equal for this RP, neither will be able to defeat the other in a one on one. I'm tired of this argument, and this is the only way to end it.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:14 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
The V O I D wrote:
The Mustafar thing is hardly debatable. I've watched that film a hundred times by now, I'm sure. It is a certainty that Obi-Wan was on defense, just like he was during The Clone Wars in every one of their sparring matches, and just like in the Mortis arc. Obi-Wan has always been on defense with Anakin; even when he gained an upper hand, he'd quickly lose it unless that upper hand was a firm, irremovable advantage (e.g. higher ground).

And, by now, Vader is certainly strong enough to win against Obi-Wan in a fight. Obi-Wan, as his former master, would hesitate and be forced on defense. Obi-Wan, even if he didn't hesitate, would still be forced on defense due to the ferocity and power of Vader's attacks. Whether he hesitates or not, Vader definitely won't and will throw everything he has behind it. That means in a solo duel, unless Obi-Wan fights to try and kill Vader (which is unlikely, even if it has been three years) and unless he gains a severe advantage a la Mustafar, Vader will kill Obi-Wan. There's no real debate to be had about it.

Now, if Obi-Wan had Yoda's help, or if Vader was fighting the New Council all at once, that's another story. But, yeah, no. Vader would wipe the floor in a singular duel against Obi-Wan, unless the two factors I said came into fruition, and even then it's iffy and leaning in Vader's favor.

Void I said the argument is over. Obi Wan and Vader will be equal for this RP, neither will be able to defeat the other in a one on one. I'm tired of this argument, and this is the only way to end it.

Come on, man. That's not right. Making Vader weaker just because dealing with an argument or with facts is tiring is bullshit.

Whatever, I'm not treating Vader weaker than what is realistic.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:17 pm

The V O I D wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Void I said the argument is over. Obi Wan and Vader will be equal for this RP, neither will be able to defeat the other in a one on one. I'm tired of this argument, and this is the only way to end it.

Come on, man. That's not right. Making Vader weaker just because dealing with an argument or with facts is tiring is bullshit.

Void, don't be like that. The odds of the two meeting are slim due to this being a sandbox, besides you still have the better ship you could blast Obi-Wan's ship in a second.

Vader and Obi-Wan are on equal ground in this RP, end of discussion. If you do not accept this it will be one strike.

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:20 pm

Kulonia wrote:Any other Jedi want to be in the chain TG to do some early interactions and join together?

I'm in.

The V O I D wrote:
Great Franconia and Verana wrote:I suppose, with Most of the Imperial Fleet devoted to dealing with the CIS, it will be up to Grand Admiral Kirrak, if he is accepted, to take on the Rebellion.

That should be a interesting.

Actually, it isn't most of the Imperial fleet; mainly a couple fleets from Oversector 13 plus Vader's fleet assaulting Geonosis, and then planning to assault other major worlds belonging to the Confederacy.

I meant most of the player controlled fleets.
Kirrak has a Imperial, three Venators, and two light cruisers as of now, though if he performs well the Emperor will surely reward him with larger vessels once they are built.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:22 pm

The V O I D wrote:

Void, don't be like that. The odds of the two meeting are slim due to this being a sandbox, besides you still have the better ship you could blast Obi-Wan's ship in a second.

Vader and Obi-Wan are on equal ground in this RP, end of discussion. If you do not accept this it will be one strike.

I'm not being like anything. I'm just stating I will RP Vader as is realistic, based on the facts, feats, logic and reasoning of working this stuff out. Whether or not that allows Obi-Wan to take him in a fight on equal grounds will remain to be seen.

And as for the ship thing... Vader would likely rather to do such a thing personally, to make sure Obi-Wan's really dead (and because he wants to prove to himself, Sidious and others that he can defeat Obi-Wan).

I'm just curious as to what'll happen later on in the RP. I've actually decided that, in the event of Sidious' death (by his hand or someone else's), Vader will proclaim martial law/a semi-coup, with his being Supreme Commander making him the de-facto Emperor. He'll just use Attaca (or whoever his puppet is) to run the 'less important' things for him, but Vader will actually be in direct control.

@GFV. Ahhh. Okay then.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:24 pm

The V O I D wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Void, don't be like that. The odds of the two meeting are slim due to this being a sandbox, besides you still have the better ship you could blast Obi-Wan's ship in a second.

I'm not being like anything. I'm just stating I will RP Vader as is realistic, based on the facts, feats, logic and reasoning of working this stuff out. Whether or not that allows Obi-Wan to take him in a fight on equal grounds will remain to be seen.

And as for the ship thing... Vader would likely rather to do such a thing personally, to make sure Obi-Wan's really dead (and because he wants to prove to himself, Sidious and others that he can defeat Obi-Wan).

I'm just curious as to what'll happen later on in the RP. I've actually decided that, in the event of Sidious' death (by his hand or someone else's), Vader will proclaim martial law/a semi-coup, with his being Supreme Commander making him the de-facto Emperor. He'll just use Attaca (or whoever his puppet is) to run the 'less important' things for him, but Vader will actually be in direct control.

@GFV. Ahhh. Okay then.

You have a lot of candidates to make the next Emperor. I personally would pick Tarkin.

Kulonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kulonia » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:29 pm

Current Jedi TG list: Utce, Franconia, Kulonia.
Had some cringy 2016 high school politics in this from 8th grade. Not what I want to be remembered for so heres an updated P&C list :)

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:31 pm

Kulonia wrote:Current Jedi TG list: Utce, Franconia, Kulonia.

:cough:me:cough: also you're missing that recent Jedi. The girl who's user I can't remember. This will be so much better with the updated roster.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:33 pm

The V O I D wrote:

@GFV. Ahhh. Okay then.

You have a lot of candidates to make the next Emperor. I personally would pick Tarkin.

Chances are the Empire will go the way of the Roman Empire, with various generals, admirals and governors declaring themselves as Emperor given that Palpatine has hardly got an established line of succession for the Empire, even if Vader is there to lead the Sith.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:35 pm

The V O I D wrote:

@GFV. Ahhh. Okay then.

Yeah. Vader generally just needs someone to run non-military matters for him in the Empire, but will answer to him still. Not sure if Tarkin fits the bill, but we'll see how things play out, I suppose.

By the way, should I wait for Vader to try and capture his family until after the 15 year timeskip, or is it okay if I do it before?

@Lunas. Wrong. With Vader's presence and Vader being there to control things, fear of him being uncontrolled by the Emperor would mean that - if Vader does declare martial law - everyone subordinate to him in the military will fall in line. Seriously, basically everyone in the galaxy fears the man. The Empire won't go Roman until Vader's death, and that's if he dies before establishing a proper line of succession and the likes.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:38 pm

The V O I D wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:You have a lot of candidates to make the next Emperor. I personally would pick Tarkin.

Yeah. Vader generally just needs someone to run non-military matters for him in the Empire, but will answer to him still. Not sure if Tarkin fits the bill, but we'll see how things play out, I suppose.

By the way, should I wait for Vader to try and capture his family until after the 15 year timeskip, or is it okay if I do it before?

@Lunas. Wrong. With Vader's presence and Vader being there to control things, fear of him being uncontrolled by the Emperor would mean that - if Vader does declare martial law - everyone subordinate to him in the military will fall in line. Seriously, basically everyone in the galaxy fears the man. The Empire won't go Roman until Vader's death, and that's if he dies before establishing a proper line of succession and the likes.

Padme is free game but wait for the time skip for the kids. Padme hasn't seen her kids in like two years.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:39 pm

Did Vader die because the emperor died in episode vi? Or because his mask was removed?

Kulonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kulonia » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Kulonia wrote:Current Jedi TG list: Utce, Franconia, Kulonia.

:cough:me:cough: also you're missing that recent Jedi. The girl who's user I can't remember. This will be so much better with the updated roster.

Sorry about that, lol. I'll wait for the roster to send out the TGs so it's not confusing.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:46 pm

Cainesland wrote:Did Vader die because the emperor died in episode vi? Or because his mask was removed?

Latter.

There'll always be someone ambitious enough (or stupid enough) to try for the Emperorship when Palpatine dies Void.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:49 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Cainesland wrote:Did Vader die because the emperor died in episode vi? Or because his mask was removed?

Latter.

There'll always be someone ambitious enough (or stupid enough) to try for the Emperorship when Palpatine dies Void.

Not denying that; just saying that at the literal most it'll be five commanders of some kind, and one visit from Vader will end in their deaths or falling back into line very quickly.

@Val. Gotcha.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:53 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
Latter.

Not denying that; just saying that at the literal most it'll be five commanders of some kind, and one visit from Vader will end in their deaths or falling back into line very quickly.

@Val. Gotcha.

Yeah. He'll probably have to force choke a few, and then the rest will fall in line.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:56 pm

Name: Maul
Allegiance paid to: None; Maul has his own agenda, although it will likely run alongside the goals of other groups.
Appearance: Here. Normally also wears Mandalorian Super Commando armour on his chest and arms, sometimes a helmet to hide his identity.
Personality: Maul is ultimately consumed by one emotion; hate. Hate towards both Obi-Wan, for the loss of his lower torso, and Darth Sidious for replacing him, killing his brother and nearly robbing him of the chance to kill Obi-Wan as well. He is prone to arrogance and overconfidence, especally during combat, often gloating over his opponents and only granting those he respects quick deaths, often toying with those he doesn't respect. After bieng forced to withdraw from Mandalore and the earlier humiliation by Sidious, his desire for revenge has been tempered by cold pragmatism and ruthless patience, having vowed that he will not be as foolish as he was in his previous scheme during the earlier part of the Clone Wars.
Force Sensitive: Yes
Skills/Powers: Force Grip, Force Choke, Force Push and the other Force Telekinesis powers. Maul is also a skilled lightsaber duellist, but unlike many Jedi and Sith, has modified his use of lightsaber forms and techniques to include Mandalorian elements such as the use of blasters, missiles, flamethrowers and grenades due to the realisation that he simply isn't skilled or powerful enough to defeat Sidious through conventional Force-based means.
Weaponry: Modified Double-Bladed Lightsaber, the Darksaber, dual blaster pistols, bandolier of thermal detonators, jetpack-mounted missile launcher, wrist-mounted flamethrower
Ship: Nightbrother, modified Kom'rk-class fighter
Biography: As per canon on the wiki up until Order 66. After escaping from his duel with Ashoka on Mandalore, Maul fled the planet, abandoning his Mandalorians due to their disunity under his rule and that he was unable to issue an order for them to withdraw from the planet owing to the Republic's jamming of their communications systems.

Initially, Maul fled to Korriban, hoping to acquire wisdom from one or another of the ancient Sith lords. The Sith lords ignored him, viewing him as weak, but Maul instead gained knowledge from rooting through the more mundane stores of information on the old Sith Empire only readable to those who understood the Old Tongue like him. The greatest piece of knowledge he received was that of the superweapon on Malachor, which he departed Korriban for in the hopes of turning it from a purely planet-based weapon system into a weapon capable of striking anywhere across the Galaxy.

The weapon, however, was not cooperative. Partially due to age, partially due to Maul's lack of knowledge on ancient Sith engineering and partially due to being unfinished, the weapon would only ever be able to affect the planet itself. Maul instead set about dismantling the weapon, slowly moving the gigantic khyber crystal used as its power source into his ship, being forced to make extreme modifications to do so while intending either to sell it to the highest bidder or find another use for the rare item.

RP Example: Here.
Notes: Nope. Just himself and a massive khyber crystal.
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Well, on the other hand, Vader could always use Maul as his apprentice / ally and say: "You hate Sidious, I hate Sidious. Let's off him together."

Plus, Vader would need an enforcer and someone to run the Inquisition for him, so he can focus all his efforts on military matters and crushing the Rebellion/Separatists (or their remains depending on how things go pre-timeskip), as well as getting his son and daughter back to bring his family together once again.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:01 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

@Val. Gotcha.

Yeah. He'll probably have to force choke a few, and then the rest will fall in line.

And maybe fry the most stubborn of them for good measure. :p

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:02 pm

Are the different Jedi roles allowed in this? Like Jedi Sentinel (ex.Watchman, and investigator), Jedi Consular (ex. Artisan, Ambassador, Diplomat, Instructor), and Jedi Guardian? If not, I need to edit out a few areas of my WIP app where he teaches Younglings, watches over Serenno, and creates Jedi Artifacts. I know Investigator is canon because of the clone wars tv series but I am not sure about the others.
Last edited by Cainesland on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:25 pm

The V O I D wrote:Well, on the other hand, Vader could always use Maul as his apprentice / ally and say: "You hate Sidious, I hate Sidious. Let's off him together."

Plus, Vader would need an enforcer and someone to run the Inquisition for him, so he can focus all his efforts on military matters and crushing the Rebellion/Separatists (or their remains depending on how things go pre-timeskip), as well as getting his son and daughter back to bring his family together once again.

Yeah I doubt that would work. Maul is tired of being the underling, he would want to be on top. Not Emperor, but he wants to be free what he wants, with no one to listen to.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:28 pm

The V O I D wrote:Well, on the other hand, Vader could always use Maul as his apprentice / ally and say: "You hate Sidious, I hate Sidious. Let's off him together."

Yeah I doubt that would work. Maul is tired of being the underling, he would want to be on top. Not Emperor, but he wants to be free what he wants, with no one to listen to.

Maul mostly just wants Sidious and Obi-Wan dead. Anything and everything else can wait until that.

Helvetea
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:32 pm

I think my Jedi would be more of a recluse than anything. She left the order at the rank of Knight and integrated into a farming society on Naboo prior to the Clone Wars.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse