NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: A New Uprising [OOC] -CONCLUDED-

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Helvetea
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:20 am

Brusia wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Actually, I changed my mind on Vader's appearance.

This is Vader. I'll say his first encounter with Force Lightning from Sidious from failure damaged his lungs abit after a sideways mission, requiring him to wear specialized armor with a built in respirator/vocodor (because fried vocal chords).

Now that is intimidating (and I, for one, am really glad that I won't be reading posts in Hayden Christensen's voice :p ).

I wonder if Vader has any fangirls following him (Cough)Doctor Aphra(Cough).

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:11 am

This is Vader. I'll say his first encounter with Force Lightning from Sidious from failure damaged his lungs abit after a sideways mission, requiring him to wear specialized armor with a built in respirator/vocodor (because fried vocal chords).

Personally I think that looks silly, and is a total rip off of Malgus.

It's your character, appearance isn't my biggest concern on apps. Different strokes for different folks, as I like to say.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vogega
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Vogega » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:47 am

Sorry about pestering you, I thought I had been forgotten in all the plans being made for all the IC.

Name: Jacobis Vank
Allegiance paid to: Whoever pays him
Appearance: Black hair and broad shouldered with deep brown eyes. Slightly shorter than average, but with a muscular appearance. http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/star-wars-legends/images/5/5d/Venku_Skirata.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150811093837
Personality: Very serious and gloomy, but also practical and with a dry sense of humor.
Force Sensitive: No
Skills/Powers: Sharpshooter, melee skills, and good mathematical mind.
Weaponry: vibroblade, durasteel knife, wrist-mounted flamethrower and rocket launcher. Vesper sniper rifle, DH-17, and EE-3.
Ship: Basilisk fighter (Mando Varient)
Biography: Venku is the child of a Mandalorian native and a clone. His clone father deserted after the first battle of geonosis after his entire regiment was wiped out under the terrible command of the Jedi. He fled to Mandalore, where he hoped to never fight again, but married and had a child with a mandalorian native who turned out to belong to Death Watch. Upon learning this, his clone father fled and was killed by a bounty hunter. Jacobis was raised by his mother and the other members of the Death Watch after his father was killed. His mother, Samantha Vank and the other members of death watch raised Jacobis. Jacobis was raised as a happy and excitable boy, but upon seeing his mother get burned on her funeral pyre, after being killed fighting against Darth Maul and the traitor Death Watch members, turned dark and gloomy. He was trained in the ways of the warrior by Death Watch, for him, so that the same thing couldn't happen to any one else he cares about. However, Death Watch has trained and conditioned him to be a warrior loyal to them. Now, Jacobis is a bounty hunter whose first allegiance is to Deathwatch.
RP Example: A galaxy not so far away. https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=389925&start=50
Notes: Venku's armor has a jetpack and is made from Beskar'gam. May play a little bit as the other members of Death Watch
Last edited by Vogega on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psi Levels
1-few, weak powers
2-many weak powers
3-many average/weak powers
4-few strong/lots of average/weak powers
5-may strong/lots of average/weak powers
6-god-like power/lots of strong/weak/average powers

Weapons
Plasma-burns holes in stuff
Ion-causes objects to explode/strips shields
Gauss-strips at a molecular level
Kinetic-guns
Laser-low lethality, accurate

Ship Sizes
Organized smallest to largest with smallest at the top.
Drone
Fighter
Bomber
Assault Craft
Corvette
Frigate
Destroyer
Cruiser
Battlecruiser
Battleship
Dreadnought

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:37 am

Name: Altor Kirrak
Allegiance paid to: Galactic Empire
Rank (if it applies): Grand Admiral
Appearance:

Personality: Obsequious, calm, self effacing, polite and very soft spoken, Kirrak is often seen as a simple military officer, a Scion of polite society. Howevet, underneath the polite demeanour and relaxed exterior, there is a ruthless and brilliant battlefield commander, capable of acts of untold cruelty. He is suave and charming in public hiding his deep ambitiom, but is unafraid of death, particularly causing it. He is well known as a socialite, and many in the Coruscanti upper class believe he is a bureaucrat rather than a field commander, but most high ranking officials are aware of his tactical and strategic skill.
Skills/Powers: Brilliant naval tactician and theorist, excellent shot and skilled hand to hand combatant.
Weaponry (If any): One Westar 34 Blaster Pistol and an electrostaff which he keeps in his quarters.
Ship: Personal Imperial I Class Star Destroyer, hot off Kuat Shipyards assembly line, crewed with handpicked officers and marines. Called The Annihilator.
Biography: Born to the wealthy Coruscanti banking and industrialist Kirrak family, Altor was used to privilege, wealth and power. The youngest child of 12, Altor was initially a slow learner, and many speculated he may have had a learning disability. However, he was deeply sensitive about his perceived inadequacies and worked exceptionally hard to overcome them. Despite this, he was often picked on by his siblings, and beat down by their superior achievements. He learned humility in these years, and the value of being obsequious and without scruples. Eventually, his avaricious pursuit to better himself paid off, and he soon became the brightest and most capable of his siblings, though few noticed. His code of honour was not entirely self serving however, as he deeply valued authority, and the order and control it could bring. He attended several prestigious academies, and learned much about history and military tactics. Much to the chagrin of his family, he cut his time short in the political realm at Coruscant, and left to join the Kuat Drive Yards research team. His aptitude was immediately noticed by the Kuati, and even at a young age, was one of their foremost test pilots and designers.

In 32 BB, he was contacted by a shadowy figure, known only as Darth Sidious, to create a small, stealthy personal craft, named the Scimitar. His team built the vessel, and its construction pleased the client, who noticed the subtlety of Kirrak and the quality of his work. Repeatedly over the next decade, as Kirrak was moved up the ranks of the Corporation, he continued to work in secret for Sidious, whom he saw only as a wealthy financier. His swift rise did not go unnoticed in the Capital, and he was a frequent guest at parties, galas, and other events, earning him an array of contacts in the Senate and the business sector. He was instrumental in designing the Acclamtor Class assault ship for the Republic, and as the Separatist crisis heated up, he began to realize the opportunity he may soon face.

In 22 BBY, as the Geonosis Crisis ignited the Clone Wars, Chancellor Palpatine requested the service of Kirrak, whose engineering knowledge would prove invaluable to the Fleet. Offered the rank of Rear Admiral in the Navy, Kirrak accepted, and soon became one of the rising stars in the organization. His innovative tactics and engineering knowledge made him a brilliant battlefield commander, and as he had done at Kuat, he glided up the ladder of power, becoming a full Admiral in 20 BBY after the successful battle of Wobani. He was given command of the Republic Home Fleet, and in 19 BBy was in command when Grievous attacked the Capital. Taken aback, Kirrak's tactical genius soon shone through, and he was able to deal the CIS a devastating blow.

Lauded for his record of near perfection, Palpatine showered awards on the Admiral, and he became an even grater star than he had been before in the social scene. With the fall of the Jedi, and the continuation of the War, Kirrak was made the first Grand Admiral by the new Emperor, whom he served with full dedication, though his identity as Darth Sidious remained hidden. Given command of one of the first Imperial Class Destroyers, Kirrak aims for a total anihilation of anyone who stands opposed to the Empire.
RP Example: See Previous App
Notes: WIP

A rough outline of my next app.
What's the tech level like in the RP? I'm assuming no full fledged Imperial ships like Star Destroyers yet, more like late Republican stuff from the Clone Wars
Last edited by Great Franconia and Verana on Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:38 am

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:Name: Altor Kirrak
Appearance:
Personality: Obsequious, calm, self effacing, polite and very soft spoken, Kirrak is often seen as a simple military officer, a Scion of polite society. Howevet, underneath the polite demeanour and relaxed exterior, there is a ruthless and brilliant battlefield commander, capable of acts of untold cruelty. He is suave and charming in public hiding his deep ambitiom, but is unafraid of death, particularly causing it.
Skills/Powers: Brilliant naval tactician and theorist, excellent shot and skilled hand to hand combatant.
Weaponry (If any): One Westar 34 Blaster Pistol and an electrostaff which he keeps in his quarters.
Ship: WIP
Biography: WIP

What's the tech level like in the RP? I'm assuming no full fledged Imperial ships like Star Destroyers yet, more like late Republican stuff from the Clone Wars?

Pretty much. The Imperial-I is rare enough right now. The CIS trump card is a Subjugator Class Heavy Cruiser. (Which my character will likely captain.)

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:48 am

Helvetea wrote:
Great Franconia and Verana wrote:Since the character limit is two currently, I'm considering making an Imperial.

Anyone apped a Grand Admiral yet? I have a vague idea for one.

We have a high Admiral. Not sure if it's the same as a Grand Admiral.

High Admiral is three ranks below (one if you discount Moffs) Grand Admiral. Grand Admiral is the highest naval position.
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

The Solomani
Envoy

Founded: Dec 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Solomani » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:50 am

tagged, will make an app when possible

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:58 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:

Personally I think that looks silly, and is a total rip off of Malgus.

It's your character, appearance isn't my biggest concern on apps. Different strokes for different folks, as I like to say.

*shrug.* I was wondering how to bring back a bit of the intimidation factor of Armored Vader, at the same time as giving him some recognizable features for those who knew him as Skywalker, as well as trying to figure out a way to combine all that and still end in a Vader that can use lightning and such...

...and when I saw that image, I immediately thought: Perfect.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:00 am

Brusia wrote:

Now that is intimidating (and I, for one, am really glad that I won't be reading posts in Hayden Christensen's voice :p ).

Yeah. Now you get the best of both worlds: intimidating breathe, heavy armor (sort of), frying people and crushing their necks, recognizable features of the Sith Lord Formerly Known as Anakin Skywalker, and general badassery.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:14 am

The V O I D wrote:
Brusia wrote:Now that is intimidating (and I, for one, am really glad that I won't be reading posts in Hayden Christensen's voice :p ).

Yeah. Now you get the best of both worlds: intimidating breathe, heavy armor (sort of), frying people and crushing their necks, recognizable features of the Sith Lord Formerly Known as Anakin Skywalker, and general badassery.

Well don't be expecting to be the total offensive Anakin now. With the augments inside him he is slowed down now. Don't be jumping all over the place like a non armor Anakin would be. You're also even weaker to Force Lightning, with probably just a few blasting killing you due to the breathing apparatus being destroyed.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:32 am

Helvetea wrote:
Great Franconia and Verana wrote:Name: Altor Kirrak
Appearance:
Personality: Obsequious, calm, self effacing, polite and very soft spoken, Kirrak is often seen as a simple military officer, a Scion of polite society. Howevet, underneath the polite demeanour and relaxed exterior, there is a ruthless and brilliant battlefield commander, capable of acts of untold cruelty. He is suave and charming in public hiding his deep ambitiom, but is unafraid of death, particularly causing it.
Ship: WIP
Biography: WIP

What's the tech level like in the RP? I'm assuming no full fledged Imperial ships like Star Destroyers yet, more like late Republican stuff from the Clone Wars?

Pretty much. The Imperial-I is rare enough right now. The CIS trump card is a Subjugator Class Heavy Cruiser. (Which my character will likely captain.)

It would make sense for a Grand Admiral to have the most modern capital ships, I'll have to look through the Republic Clone War fleet to check what other ships I would like.

Venators will likely be the bulk of the Imperial Navy for quite some time however.

As for the Subjugator, it's weakness to individual fighter attack is well proven, not to mention I think Val said there are no complete ones in the Galaxy, just under construction. Perhaps, once completed, it may pose a threat to the Imperial Fleet but it's not too hard to see how a military mind of the calibre of Darth Vader, or the Imperial Admirals, could not find a way to defeat it.

The CIS Fleet will probably need some major overhauling, repairs, and upgrades too if it wants to openly compete with the Imperials.

The Rebellion probably is limited to a handful of Corellian Blockade runners, some Naboo starfighters, and maybe a few larger frigates, like the Radiant VII or Hammerhead Corvettes.

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:45 am

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:
Helvetea wrote:

It would make sense for a Grand Admiral to have the most modern capital ships, I'll have to look through the Republic Clone War fleet to check what other ships I would like.

Venators will likely be the bulk of the Imperial Navy for quite some time however.

As for the Subjugator, it's weakness to individual fighter attack is well proven, not to mention I think Val said there are no complete ones in the Galaxy, just under construction. Perhaps, once completed, it may pose a threat to the Imperial Fleet but it's not too hard to see how a military mind of the calibre of Darth Vader, or the Imperial Admirals, could not find a way to defeat it.

The CIS Fleet will probably need some major overhauling, repairs, and upgrades too if it wants to openly compete with the Imperials.

The Rebellion probably is limited to a handful of Corellian Blockade runners, some Naboo starfighters, and maybe a few larger frigates, like the Radiant VII or Hammerhead Corvettes.

The problem with Malevolence was that Dooku and Grievous got too cocky. They sent the ship in without fighter support. Even so, it took internal sabotage to destroy the ship.

Also...I don't think the CIS fleet is as worse off as you say.

Arana
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arana » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:47 am

Helvetea wrote:
Great Franconia and Verana wrote:It would make sense for a Grand Admiral to have the most modern capital ships, I'll have to look through the Republic Clone War fleet to check what other ships I would like.

The problem with Malevolence was that Dooku and Grievous got too cocky. They sent the ship in without fighter support. Even so, it took internal sabotage to destroy the ship.

It doesn't help that they also fired with many CIS ships in the way, leaving it more open for the Republic to attack.

And, of course, the plot demanded that Malevolence be destroyed. So the same way might not work twice.
Prophet of Lavanthulhu -- A Proud Portal Nationalist -- Bet on Bernie 2016

Arana wrote:Fuck you and your raps,
And all your stupid rhyming.
Haiku master race.

*Drops mic*
Seventeen year old probably straight Christian socialist from New England.

"Aran is basically a very pissed-off Chihuahua combined with a bisexual Billy Graham, minus the bisexuality." -Lavan Tiri

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:51 am

Helvetea wrote:
Great Franconia and Verana wrote:It would make sense for a Grand Admiral to have the most modern capital ships, I'll have to look through the Republic Clone War fleet to check what other ships I would like.

After three years of a war it was evidently losing, plus the disastrous attack on Coruscant which lost the CIS alot of their best ships, I think their main Fleet would be pretty battered.

Not to say they should roll over to the Empire, I just am of the opinion that the Separatist Fleet is probably lagging behind the Empire in terms of size and tech, particularly with the Imperial Class being designed fairly quickly.

Arana
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arana » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:52 am

Helvetea wrote:

After three years of a war it was evidently losing, plus the disastrous attack on Coruscant which lost the CIS alot of their best ships, I think their main Fleet would be pretty battered.

Not to say they should roll over to the Empire, I just am of the opinion that the Separatist Fleet is probably lagging behind the Empire in terms of size and tech, particularly with the Imperial Class being designed fairly quickly.

It seems to me that the Empire should have a superior navy, the Confederacy a superior army, and the Rebellion a superior grasp of the Force.

Haiku master race.

*Drops mic*

"Aran is basically a very pissed-off Chihuahua combined with a bisexual Billy Graham, minus the bisexuality." -Lavan Tiri

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:54 am

Helvetea wrote:

Not so. When Kalani was talking to the rebels on Agamar, he said the Republic had only a 23 percent chance of winning the war. I, for one, believe the CIS to be quite well off in terms of ships and soldiers, probably well enough to go head to head with The Empire.

Arana wrote:It seems to me that the Empire should have a superior navy, the Confederacy a superior army, and the Rebellion a superior grasp of the Force.

I agree. The CIS navy mostly relied on sheer numbers for victory.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:02 pm

Helvetea wrote:
Great Franconia and Verana wrote:After three years of a war it was evidently losing, plus the disastrous attack on Coruscant which lost the CIS alot of their best ships, I think their main Fleet would be pretty battered.

Not so. When Kalani was talking to the rebels on Agamar, he said the Republic had only a 23 percent chance of winning the war. I, for one, believe the CIS to be quite well off in terms of ships and soldiers, probably well enough to go head to head with The Empire.

Arana wrote:It seems to me that the Empire should have a superior navy, the Confederacy a superior army, and the Rebellion a superior grasp of the Force.

I have a feeling something went wrong with Kalani's calculations, or the writers were just lazy. There is no way the CIS had a 77% chance of winning the war. It was very clear in ROTS that after Griveous' defeats at Coruscant and Utapau, the CIS was in dire straights.

Even without the Jedi, it's hard to see the Republic losing. Against the Empire, they may have a bit more success because Palpatine will have to spend time solidifying his new Regimes hold on power, but this advantage will not be on the Separatists side for long, as increased naval production, like the overhaul of the Imperial Military in the months after ROTS will leave the CIS and Rebellion at a severe disadvantage, since the newer Imperial tech far outstrips many other warships that were used in the Clone Wars.

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:05 pm

Helvetea wrote:

I have a feeling something went wrong with Kalani's calculations, or the writers were just lazy. There is no way the CIS had a 77% chance of winning the war. It was very clear in ROTS that after Griveous' defeats at Coruscant and Utapau, the CIS was in dire straights.

Even without the Jedi, it's hard to see the Republic losing. Against the Empire, they may have a bit more success because Palpatine will have to spend time solidifying his new Regimes hold on power, but this advantage will not be on the Separatists side for long, as increased naval production, like the overhaul of the Imperial Military in the months after ROTS will leave the CIS and Rebellion at a severe disadvantage, since the newer Imperial tech far outstrips many other warships that were used in the Clone Wars.

So, instead of this being a three way brawl, you essentially want the guys with the Force users and the guys with the large army to buddy up.

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:08 pm

Tagged. Hmm...

Arana
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arana » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:09 pm

Helvetea wrote:

Well, considering the Empire has largely lost control of the Mid and Outer Rims, and is now fighting a multi-front war against two different forces, and will likely have to deal with increased secessionist presence on worlds they still control, they should have much lower odds of success than they otherwise would have.

Haiku master race.

*Drops mic*

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:10 pm

Helvetea wrote:

So, instead of this being a three way brawl, you essentially want the guys with the Force users and the guys with the large army to buddy up.

Not at all, the Rebellion allying with the CIS would be the worst possible choice it could make, and would add credence to the Empire's claim they are just a new brand of terrorists and separatists, leading the Core World's to lose much of the sympathy they may have for them.

No, the Rebellion must prepare itself much more fully, since its fleet and army is likely incredibly small at this point. A long, drag out fight between the Empire and what remains of the CIS is much more useful than allying themselves with the people that only months prior were trying to destroy the very thing the Rebels want to bring back.

Ormata
Senator

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:11 pm

How strong is the Rebellion, anyways? Also, where is it and why is it being formed?
Last edited by Ormata on Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:13 pm

Ormata wrote:How strong is the Rebellion, anyways? Also, where is it and why is it being formed?

Fairly. I'd compare it on terms with RoTJ or Rogue One. They have at least 5 Mon Calamari ships, with most of the fleet being Nebulons, and Corvetts.

They also have the Jedi, thus Force wise they out match and our number both CIS and Imps.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:14 pm

Arana wrote:

Well, considering the Empire has largely lost control of the Mid and Outer Rims, and is now fighting a multi-front war against two different forces, and will likely have to deal with increased secessionist presence on worlds they still control, they should have much lower odds of success than they otherwise would have.

I wouldn't really call it a multifront war from my understanding of the RP. It's more like the battered, but substantial remains of the CIS along with a fledgling Rebellion, against the Empire.

Granted, this Empire is likely going to face a much more difficult time in establishing itself early on, but it certainly has the upper hand as of the RPs start.

Ormata
Senator

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:17 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Ormata wrote:How strong is the Rebellion, anyways? Also, where is it and why is it being formed?

Fairly. I'd compare it on terms with RoTJ or Rogue One. They have at least 5 Mon Calamari ships, with most of the fleet being Nebulons, and Corvetts.

They also have the Jedi, thus Force wise they out match and our number both CIS and Imps.

I see. Interesting.

Would a defector vessel from the Empire (I'm thinking an Acclamator) with a Jedi or two be acceptable? I mean, some clones would not execute their commanders and leaders (See General Arligan Zey) due to their...well. Caring for those under them.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse