NATION

PASSWORD

Republics of Dust | Fallout RP | Alt-Timeline | OOC | CLOSED

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:28 am

Last edited by The Traansval on Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zepplien
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zepplien » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:42 am

The Traansval wrote:https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1tnLExKG28jZURA12s0HHsSRsxX4&ll=40.271744599546494%2C-101.06873842890616&z=6

Updated the map to make the Flags mark nations capitals.

Can you put mine a bit south of SF plz and thank you?
Generation 29 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Come to the Communist side, we have Cookies Wheat
I take boring you to a whole new level!
Never mistake my IC nation for communism. think of it as Zepism, something unique and terrifying
Ode to Zepplin:

You Play as a Bisexual think tank, in a woemans body so gracefully... But as quickly as you came you are gone playing a Chineese Clone... Then you are a stupid, homocidal iddiot who will kill 1000 people for his own power... You are my hero.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:32 pm

Zepplien wrote:
The Traansval wrote:https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1tnLExKG28jZURA12s0HHsSRsxX4&ll=40.271744599546494%2C-101.06873842890616&z=6

Updated the map to make the Flags mark nations capitals.

Can you put mine a bit south of SF plz and thank you?

Done

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:59 pm

Remove your advertisement of your RP in this thread. It's not cool to do that. Do it again and it will result in a ban from this RP.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:11 pm

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:Remove your advertisement of your RP in this thread. It's not cool to do that. Do it again and it will result in a ban from this RP.

Thats a little hostile, i was just showing it for any who wanted.

Halium
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Halium » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:14 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:Remove your advertisement of your RP in this thread. It's not cool to do that. Do it again and it will result in a ban from this RP.

Thats a little hostile, i was just showing it for any who wanted.

Theres no rule against it, how could Traans have known?

If you don't want him to do it, make that a rule
Opinions on politics: In light of the failure of two parties, there either should be none, or multiple major ones

Opinion on Government: Should be run by Mirthocracy (ask me about it sometime)

Why do I always play weak nations? I hate having every advantage, makes it boring to me

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:58 pm

Happy 1 month anniversary since this RP was founded! Thank you all for keeping it strong and keeping the posts going. So, I have a little surprise for you all! To honor our one month going strong, we will have a new Vault coming into existence. It shall be a Vault named Vault 79. Vault 79 is going to be a new quest vault, allowing for everyone here to attempt to find it. Will it hold grand riches? Or great disasters? Are you willing to go through the trouble of finding it? Or is it just too dangerous? Does it even exists? Nobody knows. So, here is how this event will work. I'll post a random event post in the IC to introduce the Wasteland to the existance of the Vault, and from there you will RP going on the quest. Here are the rules;

• You must apply for a character using the character app.
  • This character may be from a particular nation, but can only have limited support of that nation. For example, if a texas citizen is going on the quest. The Texas Government can give her a weapon and some ammo, supplies, or even some light transportation of some sort. No Vertibirds, Planes, or anything. But something small like a horse, or whatever. Reason being that it isn't worth the time for a nation to be giving a commitment to finding this.
  • Travelling companions for your characters are allowed. So if you want one, it needs to be stated in your character app.
  • Clues will be given by me through random events, and you will need to proceed to each clue to find the location you need to be.
  • If a character comes to the end of the quests and there happens to be something, that character may then turn it over to his nation. Or, keep it for the characters own schemes. The choice is up to the player.
  • Players can team up, kill each other, whatever. Just like fallout, whatever happens during the search is fair game. If your character is killed, you will not be allowed to re-app a new character to search. Your quest line has officially ended. This will encourage smarter players to resolve problems in various ways. And be weary of the consequences.

Follow these rules, and enjoy the search for the mythical Vault 79. I'll probably post about it later today to officially start it, but start sending in those apps.

New Minahasa wrote:
Name of Character: Norman Hyde.
Age of Character: 39.
Appearance: When not in his power armour.
Faction Alignment: Concord of Stars (formerly); now an outcast.
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
Strength: 5
Perception: 8
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 5
Intelligence: 9
Agility: 5
Luck: 4

Equipment: T-70 Mk. II power armour, Tri-beam laser rifle, Plasma defender, Combat knife, a few plasma grenades, Microfusion and energy cells, a rucksack, x6 Stimpaks, a canteen, and a few cans of food.
Character Backstory: Norman was born in Vault 122, like the rest of the Concord men. His father was a high ranking Concord soldier, and his mother a respected Concord scientist. As a kid, his talents were leaning more into his mother's side, as a scientist, but his father had urged him to join the military instead. Reading books became his hobby, especially those regarding pre-war history.

By the time he reached teenagehood, his father had unexpectedly assigned him for a training in the military. Norman reluctantly agreed, and began his training as a Concord soldier. But still, his interests for history books hadn't yet faded. Every day he would go to the Concord library and archives and just read through them, even going as far as missing a few scheduled trainings. Eventually, by the age of 21, he was officially declared as a Concord soldier.

He proved to be a competent and intelligent soldier, achieving many accomplishments for himself. A few years after, he was promoted to a sergeant and received his own squad of men. His knowledge of military tactics and strategy came from reading books, his favourite being Sun Tzu's "The Art of War". In the following years, his squad was given a mission to investigate an old military installation.

It proved to be the most devastating mission for him. The installation was discovered to be a nest of Super Mutants, but it was already too late for them. The squad, under the leadership of Sgt. Hyde, was ambushed by a dozen of Super Mutants. It was a slaughter. Only a quarter of the men managed to escape the place, including Norman, but under heavy wounds. All of Norman's men eventually succumbed to their injuries, leaving him alone in the wasteland. Broken, he decided not to return to the Concord, and ventured out into the wastes. He swore that he would not return until he found something to compensate the death of his men, and regain his dignity. In the wastes, he became known as the "Storyteller".

Dat reference doh...

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:00 pm

Halium wrote:
The Traansval wrote:Thats a little hostile, i was just showing it for any who wanted.

Theres no rule against it, how could Traans have known?

If you don't want him to do it, make that a rule

That's a rule of the multiverse altogether to not post advertisements of a roleplay in another thread without permission.

Halium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Halium » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:03 pm

Waztaskio wrote:Happy 1 month anniversary since this RP was founded! Thank you all for keeping it strong and keeping the posts going. So, I have a little surprise for you all! To honor our one month going strong, we will have a new Vault coming into existence. It shall be a Vault named Vault 79. Vault 79 is going to be a new quest vault, allowing for everyone here to attempt to find it. Will it hold grand riches? Or great disasters? Are you willing to go through the trouble of finding it? Or is it just too dangerous? Does it even exists? Nobody knows. So, here is how this event will work. I'll post a random event post in the IC to introduce the Wasteland to the existance of the Vault, and from there you will RP going on the quest. Here are the rules;

• This character may be from a particular nation, but can only have limited support of that nation. For example, if a texas citizen is going on the quest. The Texas Government can give her a weapon and some ammo, supplies, or even some light transportation of some sort. No Vertibirds, Planes, or anything. But something small like a horse, or whatever. Reason being that it isn't worth the time for a nation to be giving a commitment to finding this.
  • Travelling companions for your characters are allowed. So if you want one, it needs to be stated in your character app.
  • Clues will be given by me through random events, and you will need to proceed to each clue to find the location you need to be.
  • If a character comes to the end of the quests and there happens to be something, that character may then turn it over to his nation. Or, keep it for the characters own schemes. The choice is up to the player.
  • Players can team up, kill each other, whatever. Just like fallout, whatever happens during the search is fair game. If your character is killed, you will not be allowed to re-app a new character to search. Your quest line has officially ended. This will encourage smarter players to resolve problems in various ways. And be weary of the consequences.

Follow these rules, and enjoy the search for the mythical Vault 79. I'll probably post about it later today to officially start it, but start sending in those apps.

New Minahasa wrote:
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L:

Equipment: T-70 Mk. II power armour, Tri-beam laser rifle, Plasma defender, Combat knife, a few plasma grenades, Microfusion and energy cells, a rucksack, x6 Stimpaks, a canteen, and a few cans of food.
Character Backstory: Norman was born in Vault 122, like the rest of the Concord men. His father was a high ranking Concord soldier, and his mother a respected Concord scientist. As a kid, his talents were leaning more into his mother's side, as a scientist, but his father had urged him to join the military instead. Reading books became his hobby, especially those regarding pre-war history.

By the time he reached teenagehood, his father had unexpectedly assigned him for a training in the military. Norman reluctantly agreed, and began his training as a Concord soldier. But still, his interests for history books hadn't yet faded. Every day he would go to the Concord library and archives and just read through them, even going as far as missing a few scheduled trainings. Eventually, by the age of 21, he was officially declared as a Concord soldier.

He proved to be a competent and intelligent soldier, achieving many accomplishments for himself. A few years after, he was promoted to a sergeant and received his own squad of men. His knowledge of military tactics and strategy came from reading books, his favourite being Sun Tzu's "The Art of War". In the following years, his squad was given a mission to investigate an old military installation.

It proved to be the most devastating mission for him. The installation was discovered to be a nest of Super Mutants, but it was already too late for them. The squad, under the leadership of Sgt. Hyde, was ambushed by a dozen of Super Mutants. It was a slaughter. Only a quarter of the men managed to escape the place, including Norman, but under heavy wounds. All of Norman's men eventually succumbed to their injuries, leaving him alone in the wasteland. Broken, he decided not to return to the Concord, and ventured out into the wastes. He swore that he would not return until he found something to compensate the death of his men, and regain his dignity. In the wastes, he became known as the "Storyteller".

Dat reference doh...

This is literally going up right as I'm gonna start my Lewis and Clark expedition.

So now to choose, this or exploration?
Opinions on politics: In light of the failure of two parties, there either should be none, or multiple major ones

Why do I always play weak nations? I hate having every advantage, makes it boring to me

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:04 pm

Name of Character: Clarke Richardson
Age of Character: 35.
Appearance:
Faction Alignment: The United States of America.
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L: (Scale of 1-10 with a max of 40 total for all SPECIAL. Refer to fallout ranks.)
Equipment: One set of MK. III Advanced Power armour. One plasma rifle. One Deathclaw.
Character Backstory:

WIP.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Waztaskio wrote:Happy 1 month anniversary since this RP was founded! Thank you all for keeping it strong and keeping the posts going. So, I have a little surprise for you all! To honor our one month going strong, we will have a new Vault coming into existence. It shall be a Vault named Vault 79. Vault 79 is going to be a new quest vault, allowing for everyone here to attempt to find it. Will it hold grand riches? Or great disasters? Are you willing to go through the trouble of finding it? Or is it just too dangerous? Does it even exists? Nobody knows. So, here is how this event will work. I'll post a random event post in the IC to introduce the Wasteland to the existance of the Vault, and from there you will RP going on the quest. Here are the rules;

New Minahasa wrote:
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L:

Dat reference doh...

Can i send Jim Bridger with a pose of Polis Rangers and some horses?

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:10 pm

The Traansval wrote:

Dat reference doh...

Are Polis Rangers government? If they are, then no. Horses are fine.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Waztaskio wrote:
The Traansval wrote:

Are Polis Rangers government? If they are, then no. Horses are fine.

Shite. Can i have him go with some Academy Scientists and Guard? Their non-goverment, but have advance Laser and Plasma tech.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:13 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Waztaskio wrote:Are Polis Rangers government? If they are, then no. Horses are fine.

Shite. Can i have him go with some Academy Scientists and Guard? Their non-goverment, but have advance Laser and Plasma tech.

It would have to be a small party. No more then 3-4.

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:01 pm

Name of Character: Erika Waudman
Age of Character: 22
Appearance:Image

Faction Alignment: The Washington Pact
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
Strength 6
Perception 7
Endurance 5
Charisma 3
Intelligence 7
Agility 8
Luck 4

Equipment: 3 horses, a customised .50 AMR bolt-action rifle refurbished pre-war, a custom .556 BOZAR type rifle (with additonal modifications that can be mounted when needed, silencer,scope, bipod, flashhide, compensator and a semi-autonatic mode), 10mm silenced pistol, camping gear, medical and first-aid equipment, food, water. amunition. Customised pre-war recon marine armor, ghillie suit, binoculairs, WSA "ranger" knife. A pair of radio's and misc gear

Companions:
A german sheppard, trained as a police/tracking hound called "Reiter", fitted with makeshift metal armor.
A repaired eyebot, of which the memory was accidently erased. It still operates with all its protocols, which seem military in origin, but the reset apparently identified Erika as its new "commander" so it follows her around. She hasn't found all the voice commands to order the robot around yet, outside of a few basic commands. It's standard mode does seemingly react and warns of nearby life forms that it's series of infrared and other sensors detect.
An old mercenary named Jerico, nearing 55 years of age. He is a sturdy, strong fellow, but old in wasteland terms. Erika saved him from slavers and he follows her around, providing muscle and experience to her vast array of skills. He is skilled in firearms, explosives and energy rifles and wields a Laser rifle, which Erika takes delight tinkering with to improve its effective range and shot intensity. The man wears an old, worn leather duster over a smeared and blasted riot-armor set.

Character Backstory: Erika waudman had a though name to live up to. The waudman family had been close friends with General James smith for most of his life and when her brothers became the defacto leader of the Arlington armory and one of the most important officers in the army, she was hard pressed to find her place.
Even when excelling at her military training and acing her classes at marksmanship, covert infiltration, tracking and even optional courses such as basic electrical and mechanical engineering. And when she joined the Ranger corps at 18, performing missions and operations with the best washington had to offer, she still felt like she had to excell, prove herself.

Do something amazing to earn her name was allways her greatest goal in life When her 22nd birthday came close, questions arose about her feminity. The conservative nature of the washington pact, especially its virginian territory, made social pressure to find a husband and raise children higher by the year.

When pressure to live up to her name and to start a family boiled over, she nearly deserted and simply wished to escape. James Smith himself had noticed her ordeal and gave her a way out, she was given a special ranger rank and was allowed to serve the rest of her military term on scouting missions beyond Pact territory, marking interesting facilities and sending information back to the homefront untill such a time she ever wished to return.

Unable to face her brothers, she left in the middle of the night, crossing the west-virginian border before the waudman family was informed by the general Smith of her new assignment..
Last edited by Tysklandia on Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:03 pm

I'd suggest something like a horse or a motorcycle. you'll cover terrain rather quickly.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:04 pm

Prusslandia wrote:I'd suggest something like a horse or a motorcycle. you'll cover terrain rather quickly.

If I take a companion I'd go two horses, for a baggage train and to rest one horse while the other can be ridden. You can cover twice as much terrain as the horse who doesn't have to handle the wheight of a human will recover slightly during travel

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:07 pm

I do reckon even a .50 BMG won't puncture a mk II armoured suit? Perhaps with special amunition?

Would a high-powered laser rifle do the trick? Plasma shouldn't have near the effective range of a laser rifle, let alone a ballistic weapon, so I don't care much for those.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:09 pm

Tysklandia wrote:I do reckon even a .50 BMG won't puncture a mk II armoured suit? Perhaps with special amunition?

Would a high-powered laser rifle do the trick? Plasma shouldn't have near the effective range of a laser rifle, let alone a ballistic weapon, so I don't care much for those.

Well, if you're lugging around a BMG, you're dealing with a big weight increase.

I'd suggest bringing an Anti-Material sniper,(Or a bozard with AM rounds) or a laser rifle. The gun would probably be better.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:19 pm

Tysklandia wrote:Name of Character: Erika Waudman
Age of Character: 22
Appearance:(Image)

Faction Alignment: The Washington Pact
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
Strength 4
Perception 7
Endurance 6
Charisma 4
Intelligence 8
Agility 8
Luck 3

Equipment: 3 horses, a customised .50 BMG bolt-action rifle refurbished pre-war, a custom .223 semi-automatic refurbished Pre-war rifle, camping gear, medical and first-aid equipment, food, water.

Companions: A german sheppard, trained as a police/tracking hound called "Reiter"
Character Backstory: Erika waudman had a though name to live up to. The waudman family had been close friends with General James smith for most of his life and when her brothers became the defacto leader of the Arlington armory and one of the most important officers in the army, she was hard pressed to find her place.
Even when excelling at her military training and acing her classes at marksmanship, covert infiltration, tracking and even optional courses such as basic electrical and mechanical engineering. And when she joined the Ranger corps at 18, performing missions and operations with the best washington had to offer, she still felt like she had to excell, prove herself.

Do something amazing to earn her name. When her 22nd birthday came close, questions arose about her feminity. The conservative nature of the washington pact, especially its virginian territory, made social pressure to find a husband and raise children higher by the year.

When pressure to live up to her name and to start a family boiled over, she nearly deserted and simply wished to escape. James Smith himself had noticed her ordeal and gave her a way out, she was given a special ranger rank and was allowed to serve the rest of her military term on scouting missions beyond Pact territory, marking interesting facilities and sending information back to the homefront untill such a time she ever wished to return.

Unable to face her brothers, she left in the middle of the night, crossing the west-virginian border before the waudman family was informed by the general Smith of her new assignment..

QUESTION: With the majority of the others grabbing plasma weapons and death claws as counter parts xD Do people have suggetions what I could grab to even out the playing field? I am thinking of adding a high-powered laser rifle to her repetoir, but rifles have longer effective range and I do like my guns. Companions could make her competitive, but I'm unsure.

I think i'm in love...

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:28 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
Tysklandia wrote:I do reckon even a .50 BMG won't puncture a mk II armoured suit? Perhaps with special amunition?

Well, if you're lugging around a BMG, you're dealing with a big weight increase.

I'd suggest bringing an Anti-Material sniper,(Or a bozard with AM rounds) or a laser rifle. The gun would probably be better.

Hence the extra horses. If MK II power armor, plasma rifles, death claws and extra soldiers+scientists are fair game, then 2 extra horses seem relatively weak.

I don't want to overdo it, but i'm not going to enter the quest with a near 0 chance to win. I need an edge of some sort, either a useful companion or two beyond the dog or some tech... I can't think of something

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:31 pm

I'm going to send Jim Bridger as a hired guide for a Academy Scientist, and his 3 Academy Guards who will be equipped with high tech gear, to attempt to find the Vault to collect Pre-war Tech and research for the Academy and the Republic.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:38 pm

Tysklandia wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:Well, if you're lugging around a BMG, you're dealing with a big weight increase.

Hence the extra horses. If MK II power armor, plasma rifles, death claws and extra soldiers+scientists are fair game, then 2 extra horses seem relatively weak.

I don't want to overdo it, but i'm not going to enter the quest with a near 0 chance to win. I need an edge of some sort, either a useful companion or two beyond the dog or some tech... I can't think of something

Give her a set of T-51.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Halium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Halium » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:24 pm

Alright, I'm gonna begin my Lewis and Clark expidition

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:31 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
Tysklandia wrote:

Give her a set of T-51.

I rather not, to be honest. Power armor fuel, maintenance and mobilty on the road would be horrendous and a bad choice for a scout/sniper.
I just want another edge that will give me a fair playing field against oponents who ARE using that kind of weapon.

The AMG rifle would likely do damage that gives me a change, especially at range. But close range, I need something... I suppose small-arms are laughably ineffective against power armor at close range. I would need high-powered lasers, plasma or explosives or some sort.

But I want to avoid just grabbing a plasma rifle or laser rifle without exploring other, more interesting solutions.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse