NATION

PASSWORD

Republics of Dust | Fallout RP | Alt-Timeline | OOC | CLOSED

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:04 am

Is anyone interested to interact?

I'd be willing to talk with New York to establish proper official ties and spheres of influence if their are compatible diplomatic and political ideas linking us as factions.
But anyone is fine to be honest =P

Of the Lions den
Secretary

Founded: Feb 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Of the Lions den » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:24 am

Would it be reasonable for there to be brahmin milk ice cream?

Sphinxatopd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sphinxatopd » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:08 am

I am still alive and could use interaction. :)

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:32 am

Sphinxatopd wrote:I am still alive and could use interaction. :)

What is your faction and location on the map? We could see what we can arrange.

On another note, what do you guys think one could scavange from norfolk and the marine base at Quantico? Weapons? Machines? Naval/aircraft engines and weapons?
Fixing aircraft or even warships in the long term seems a bit too much, but I'm just fishing for ideas here.

I'm looking for something that would prime a boon for either recruitment and expansion, pushing the washington state army into a state that gives it the confidence or will to push for expansionism that would cause interaction and friction with others?

I'm already thinking of blockading the "jet route" or taxing it heavily. Also confiscating all traders that are shipping drugs, causing friction with nations relying on that trade route.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Of the Lions den wrote:I'm back my computer wasn't working

Who the fuck be you

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:25 pm

Tysklandia wrote:Is anyone interested to interact?

I'd be willing to talk with New York to establish proper official ties and spheres of influence if their are compatible diplomatic and political ideas linking us as factions.

Dude, there are like atleast 3-4 factions/nations currently inside the Pentagon....

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:25 pm

Tysklandia wrote:
Sphinxatopd wrote:I am still alive and could use interaction. :)

What is your faction and location on the map? We could see what we can arrange.

On another note, what do you guys think one could scavange from norfolk and the marine base at Quantico? Weapons? Machines? Naval/aircraft engines and weapons?
Fixing aircraft or even warships in the long term seems a bit too much, but I'm just fishing for ideas here.

I'm looking for something that would prime a boon for either recruitment and expansion, pushing the washington state army into a state that gives it the confidence or will to push for expansionism that would cause interaction and friction with others?

I'm already thinking of blockading the "jet route" or taxing it heavily. Also confiscating all traders that are shipping drugs, causing friction with nations relying on that trade route.

Dude.

YOU OWN THE PENTAGON

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:26 pm

Of the Lions den wrote:Would it be reasonable for there to be brahmin milk ice cream?

Plz

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:32 pm

So i think these are the only nations that haven't posted within the 72 hour period

Waldron - Pasong Tirad
Ronto - Monarchy of Japanada
The People's Republic of Changjiang - Shaochun
The Vikings - Imperial Idaho
The New England Confederation - The Solomani

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:42 pm

The Traansval wrote:
YOU OWN THE PENTAGON

Uhm, I am totally missing your point.

Which 4 factions are in the pentagon? I know some dudes teleported in and out of thing, but I must have missed if anyone is still in it.

And the pentagon is not a military stockpile of tanks, guns, aircraft and whatnot. If you are talking about the giant walking robot, yes. I am aware that exists. xD

Of the Lions den
Secretary

Founded: Feb 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Of the Lions den » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:43 pm

Here is a menu I made for "Kirov's General Mercantile and Food". https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mp0HC6C1vFbv85O1zQwSk09sprvGk8gn3031W1hGn5k/edit?usp=sharing

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:48 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Tysklandia wrote:Is anyone interested to interact?

Dude, there are like atleast 3-4 factions/nations currently inside the Pentagon....

Yeah, I hadn't read up on the IC yet>

So I just have.

Apparently someone lands a vertibird into the pentagon and gets into the basement when I have a few hundred men around the compound xD.
I will TL the guy and figure out how to properly respond.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:52 pm

Tysklandia wrote:
The Traansval wrote:Dude, there are like atleast 3-4 factions/nations currently inside the Pentagon....

So I just have.

Apparently someone lands a vertibird into the pentagon and gets into the basement when I have a few hundred men around the compound xD.

I tried to tell everyone that you owned it and that they couldn't just get there undetected, but they just said that you had to respond to their being there.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:55 pm

Tysklandia wrote:
The Traansval wrote:Dude, there are like atleast 3-4 factions/nations currently inside the Pentagon....

So I just have.

I never saw a post that you had troops in the building- I only saw that you were prepping an expedition.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:56 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
Tysklandia wrote:

So I just have.

I never saw a post that you had troops in the building- I only saw that you were prepping an expedition.

Dude. It sits in his Capital, why would he send a Expedition into a city within his Capital.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:59 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:I never saw a post that you had troops in the building- I only saw that you were prepping an expedition.

Dude. It sits in his Capital, why would he send a Expedition into a city within his Capital.

Because it was almost certainly a direct target for a nuclear strike? He would have to dig through rubble and the like in order to get to the building himself- Furthermore, he even posted about sending people to excavate the building.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:01 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
The Traansval wrote:Dude. It sits in his Capital, why would he send a Expedition into a city within his Capital.

Because it was almost certainly a direct target for a nuclear strike? He would have to dig through rubble and the like in order to get to the building himself- Furthermore, he even posted about sending people to excavate the building.

Still. Its ridiculous that you sent in Vertibirds, which are quite loud and stand out in the sky, and met no resistance for attack from him. They just landed on the Pentagon and met nothing, thats not realistic at ALL. As soon as your birds entered D.C. airspace, they would have been contact or shot down.

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:03 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
The Traansval wrote:Dude. It sits in his Capital, why would he send a Expedition into a city within his Capital.

3rd Ranger Platoon
Washington DC Ruins
Pentagon topside (Ruins)

The gunshot echoed loudly through the empty city, overwhelming the soft sounds of whispers, animal howls, far away screams and growls.
Corporal Hamilton took a small breath as he slowly moved the bolt of his rifle, discharging the smoking casing from the rifle and loading in a new round. He shifted himself slightly, positioning himself a few feet from his earlier position as he glanced back onto dark ruined cityscape in front of him.
Washington DC had suffered immensly. Those buildings that survived the bombs barely survived centuries of neglect and radioactive rains and winter. For the people it wasn;t much better
It was nearly midnight, prime time for looters to rummage around the excavation camp Washington had build around the Pentagon a few days earlier. They had already lost some shovels and equipment the last night, but the beating one of their workers received when he walked in on one of those looters was the final drop. The rangers didn’t enjoy agitating the people who decided to live an isolated life in washington DC, it was often too much trouble to hunt them down, but violence could hardly be tolerated.
“Did you get one?”
A masked ranger, dressed in bulky combat gear and a well-cleaned battle-rifle slung across his chest arrived in the doorway. The rangers had spread themselves around the pentagon ruins, taking advantage of the few sections of the building that the engineers had checked and deemed somewhat structurally safe. The second floor ruins and windows where often perfect spots to keep an eye on the approaching roads and blocks, especially with a proper rifle in hand.
“Yeah, third one tonight. Probably the last, whoever these idiots are, they can’t want a handful of shovels and batch of dry bread so much that they are willing to die for it by the dozen. About time they send in the army and just kick these savages out of the state.”
The other ranged shrugged and lighted a sigaret, glancing through the vast gap in the outer wall that made this Pentagon office room a prime sniper spot.
“One of the engineers found a spot to put the explosives into. We can likely reach the basement levels by noon tomorrow if the explosives stick. I sure hope this boring assignment is half as interesting as the general made it sound.”
Hamilton turned his head, shrugging aswel.
“Military intelligence, maps, hidden stockpiles, could be anything I suppose. I think the general is hoping for access codes for the military vaults in the area, but don’t think we’d be that lucky.”
The other ranged dragged from his sigaret, before throwing it down the building.
“One can hope.”

Alright.
Take from the above post what you will. Yes, I have to escavate. But landing a vertibird and sending in a squad of soldiers also requires physically landing in or near the pentagon and sending soldiers inside.

I don't really want to make a fight about this. If you want I will just respond as if you landed during the night, not noticing the men in and around the building and go from their ? Otherwise you will have to recant some portion of what you posted.
Last edited by Tysklandia on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:06 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:Because it was almost certainly a direct target for a nuclear strike? He would have to dig through rubble and the like in order to get to the building himself- Furthermore, he even posted about sending people to excavate the building.

Still. Its ridiculous that you sent in Vertibirds, which are quite loud and stand out in the sky, and met no resistance for attack from him. They just landed on the Pentagon and met nothing, thats not realistic at ALL. As soon as your birds entered D.C. airspace, they would have been contact or shot down.

Does he have AA guns, Verti-Birds, or the missiles to waste on that?

@Tysk- Well, my problem is that I've already done a good bit of RPing concerning the Pentagon- I've sent reinforcements and the like.

Additionally, I had interpreted that as a small amount of elite troops scouting the position. Not any large amount.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:08 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
The Traansval wrote:Still. Its ridiculous that you sent in Vertibirds, which are quite loud and stand out in the sky, and met no resistance for attack from him. They just landed on the Pentagon and met nothing, thats not realistic at ALL. As soon as your birds entered D.C. airspace, they would have been contact or shot down.

@Tysk- Well, my problem is that I've already done a good bit of RPing concerning the Pentagon- I've sent reinforcements and the like.

Additionally, I had interpreted that as a small amount of elite troops scouting the position. Not any large amount.

Pruss. You have landed a force inside the capital of another nation, and at the location where you landed he has troops of Rangers there excavating the ruins. You are being completely unrealistic and unreasonable. You can't just get inside the Pentagon past his men, or land those Vertibirds without being noticed and stopped.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:13 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:Does he have AA guns, Verti-Birds, or the missiles to waste on that?

Pruss. You have landed a force inside the capital of another nation, and at the location where you landed he has troops of Rangers there excavating the ruins. You are being completely unrealistic and unreasonable. You can't just get inside the Pentagon past his men, or land those Vertibirds without being noticed and stopped.

boi

1. It's unrealistic for a Verti-Bird to perform evasive maneuvers and have troops jump from it into a building?
2. Read my above post, concerning my interpretation of his post.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Halium
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Halium » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
The Traansval wrote:Pruss. You have landed a force inside the capital of another nation, and at the location where you landed he has troops of Rangers there excavating the ruins. You are being completely unrealistic and unreasonable. You can't just get inside the Pentagon past his men, or land those Vertibirds without being noticed and stopped.

boi

1. It's unrealistic for a Verti-Bird to perform evasive maneuvers and have troops jump from it into a building?

At least a couple would be shot down, not to mention troops being rallied right away to crush you as soon as they could.
Opinions on politics: In light of the failure of two parties, there either should be none, or multiple major ones

Opinion on Government: Should be run by Mirthocracy (ask me about it sometime)

Why do I always play weak nations? I hate having every advantage, makes it boring to me

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
The Traansval wrote:Still. Its ridiculous that you sent in Vertibirds, which are quite loud and stand out in the sky, and met no resistance for attack from him. They just landed on the Pentagon and met nothing, thats not realistic at ALL. As soon as your birds entered D.C. airspace, they would have been contact or shot down.

I work in the weekends, I can't respond by the day. I didn't think that was expected of me, nor do I honestly think it is fair practice to walk over me when my response is out for a day or three. A week? I could understand, but come on?

And even ignoring a small amount of elite soldiers (a platoon is technically small I suppose) is somewhat of a no go.

I can't respond without establishing a baseline. Either I delete my entire post and have you hold the pentagon, one of your many and powerful outposts, but technically my only and first of that kind. Or you delete yours (or edit it) to allow me to formulate a proper response.

Any alternative would involve deleting or editing posts in the vain of me assuming one vertiberd and squad slaughtered 30 of my best men and perhaps a few dozen to a hundred civilian workers and go from their. But at that point I would feel like responding by just "spawning" my last undeployed battalion around the pentagon with every decent gun and cannon I could muster in a counter-attack.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
The Traansval wrote:Pruss. You have landed a force inside the capital of another nation, and at the location where you landed he has troops of Rangers there excavating the ruins. You are being completely unrealistic and unreasonable. You can't just get inside the Pentagon past his men, or land those Vertibirds without being noticed and stopped.

boi

Well, my problem is that I've already done a good bit of RPing concerning the Pentagon- I've sent reinforcements and the like.

A Platoon is 50 Men. It took me 2 seconds to research that. 50 Men is not a small amount, especially when they are Rangers, which would be his more Elite Troops.

I'm saying its Unrealistic for the Vertibird to drop those men, and those men to go inside the building without being stopped (Due to being detected by the fact that they flew in on a large, noisy Vertibird) or being detected by the 50 men.

And since you used 1 Vertibird to drop those first men in, a Vertibird only carries around 15-20 men. So, adding in the reinforcements from the Second Vertibird, you have at maximum 40 men there. There were still 50 Rangers to detect and stop the original 20 Men.

Alinora
Minister

Founded: Jun 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:18 pm

So does anybody want to have some sort of interaction with the Institute? Like, someone replaced with a Synth?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse