NATION

PASSWORD

Republics of Dust | Fallout RP | Alt-Timeline | OOC | CLOSED

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:38 pm

@Transvaal

Such diplomacy, much peace, very productive. Wow.

And henceforth the tone is set for the nort-east factions =P

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:00 pm

Tysklandia wrote:@Transvaal

Such diplomacy, much peace, very productive. Wow.

And henceforth the tone is set for the nort-east factions =P

Yepper Doodles.

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:45 pm

Name of Character: Phillip Lang Jr (or Junior)
Age of Character: 27
Appearance: Tom Cruise with a burnt scar on his left face
Faction Alignment: United Republic of Texas
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
Strength - 6
Perception - 6
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 5
Intelligence - 6
Agility - 5
Luck - 7
Equipment: Long barreled .308 Combat Rifle, 10mm Pistol, modified Marine Combat Armor, functional Highwayman, regular clothes, trench coat
Character Backstory: Philip Lang was born in New Dallas to a family of five. As the youngest, Junior had two older siblings (Robert and Janet) who do the things you expect most siblings to do. His family's was quite well off as his father Philip Lang Sr, was a career officer in the Texan military while his mother maintained an inn. Growing up, he found his love among firearms and usually join his father in hunting trips. While his older siblings found interest in their respective fields (his sister opening a caravan company and his brother getting into politics), Junior found his calling to the military, joining the Junior Officers Program in his school before applying to the prestigious officers school, Aggie Academy. After graduating, he enlisted in the Texas Marine Corps as an officer.

His service in the Texas Marine Corps had him deployed to New Mexico during the failed Texan Expansion Wars as a squad leader during the Roswell Push. The battle against the Super Mutants held great cost for the men and Lang suffered heavy burns when hit by a mutant incinerator. After the Texan forces withdrew from Roswell, Lang was honorable discharged from the military.

Unable to re-cope with civilian life, he went on a journey northwest of Texas after purchasing a highwayman and a rifle. Perhaps he can find something that calls for him out in the Wasteland.
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:50 pm

Intermountain States wrote:
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
Strength - 6
Perception - 6
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 5
Intelligence - 6
Agility - 5
Luck - 7
Equipment: Long barreled .308 Combat Rifle, 10mm Pistol, modified Marine Combat Armor, functional Highwayman, regular clothes, trench coat
Character Backstory: Philip Lang was born in New Dallas to a family of five. As the youngest, Junior had two older siblings (Robert and Janet) who do the things you expect most siblings to do. His family's was quite well off as his father Philip Lang Sr, was a career officer in the Texan military while his mother maintained an inn. Growing up, he found his love among firearms and usually join his father in hunting trips. While his older siblings found interest in their respective fields (his sister opening a caravan company and his brother getting into politics), Junior found his calling to the military, joining the Junior Officers Program in his school before applying to the prestigious officers school, Aggie Academy. After graduating, he enlisted in the Texas Marine Corps as an officer.

His service in the Texas Marine Corps had him deployed to New Mexico during the failed Texan Expansion Wars as a squad leader during the Roswell Push. The battle against the Super Mutants held great cost for the men and Lang suffered heavy burns when hit by a mutant incinerator. After the Texan forces withdrew from Roswell, Lang was honorable discharged from the military.

Unable to re-cope with civilian life, he went on a journey northwest of Texas after purchasing a highwayman and a rifle. Perhaps he can find something that calls for him out in the Wasteland.

Hey, can you respond to my Expedition in Dallas? Second post from the top of page 18
Last edited by The Traansval on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:47 pm

So did New York just spark something for the Northeast?

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:11 pm

Hey Traans, I doubt you would make it that far into Texas without realizing you were in a civilized nation. I think it would be best to stop in Texarkana first. That makes more sense.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:13 pm

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:Hey Traans, I doubt you would make it that far into Texas without realizing you were in a civilized nation. I think it would be best to stop in Texarkana first. That makes more sense.

That's like an eight day walk.

Halium
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Halium » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:14 pm

Ulls wrote:So did New York just spark something for the Northeast?

Yeah probably
Opinions on politics: In light of the failure of two parties, there either should be none, or multiple major ones

Opinion on Government: Should be run by Mirthocracy (ask me about it sometime)

Why do I always play weak nations? I hate having every advantage, makes it boring to me

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:06 pm

He was mean to me. The jerk! XD

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:10 pm

Tysklandia wrote:Name of Character: Erika Waudman
Age of Character: 22
Appearance:(Image)

Faction Alignment: The Washington Pact
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
Strength 4
Perception 7
Endurance 6
Charisma 4
Intelligence 8
Agility 8
Luck 3

Equipment: 3 horses, a customised .50 AMR bolt-action rifle refurbished pre-war, a custom .556 semi-automatic refurbished Pre-war rifle (with additonal modifications that can be mounted when needed, silencer, scope, bipod, flashhide, compensator), camping gear, medical and first-aid equipment, food, water. amunition

Companions: A german sheppard, trained as a police/tracking hound called "Reiter"

Character Backstory: Erika waudman had a though name to live up to. The waudman family had been close friends with General James smith for most of his life and when her brothers became the defacto leader of the Arlington armory and one of the most important officers in the army, she was hard pressed to find her place.
Even when excelling at her military training and acing her classes at marksmanship, covert infiltration, tracking and even optional courses such as basic electrical and mechanical engineering. And when she joined the Ranger corps at 18, performing missions and operations with the best washington had to offer, she still felt like she had to excell, prove herself.

Do something amazing to earn her name was allways her greatest goal in life When her 22nd birthday came close, questions arose about her feminity. The conservative nature of the washington pact, especially its virginian territory, made social pressure to find a husband and raise children higher by the year.

When pressure to live up to her name and to start a family boiled over, she nearly deserted and simply wished to escape. James Smith himself had noticed her ordeal and gave her a way out, she was given a special ranger rank and was allowed to serve the rest of her military term on scouting missions beyond Pact territory, marking interesting facilities and sending information back to the homefront untill such a time she ever wished to return.

Unable to face her brothers, she left in the middle of the night, crossing the west-virginian border before the waudman family was informed by the general Smith of her new assignment..

QUESTION: With the majority of the others grabbing plasma weapons and death claws as counter parts xD Do people have suggetions what I could grab to even out the playing field? I am thinking of adding a high-powered laser rifle to her repetoir, but rifles have longer effective range and I do like my guns. Companions could make her competitive, but I'm unsure.

Accepted.

Intermountain States wrote:
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
Strength - 6
Perception - 6
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 5
Intelligence - 6
Agility - 5
Luck - 7

Accepted. That Tom Cruise doh...

Intermountain States
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:27 pm

Also, his dad is alive and well and didn't turn into a rampaging Super Mutant.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:48 am

Waz,

in lieu of plasma rifles and parties of 3 or 4, I added a companion for balance and a eyebot for the cool factor.

New Minahasa
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Minahasa » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:07 am

New Minahasa wrote:
Name of Character: Norman Hyde.
Age of Character: 39.
Appearance: When not in his power armour.
Faction Alignment: Concord of Stars (formerly); now an outcast.
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
Strength: 5
Perception: 8
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 5
Intelligence: 9
Agility: 5
Luck: 4

Equipment: T-70 Mk. II power armour, Tri-beam laser rifle, Plasma defender, Combat knife, a few plasma grenades, Microfusion and energy cells, a rucksack, x6 Stimpaks, a canteen, and a few cans of food. He's accompanied by a Mr. Gutsy.
Character Backstory: Norman was born in Vault 122, like the rest of the Concord men. His father was a high ranking Concord soldier, and his mother a respected Concord scientist. As a kid, his talents were leaning more into his mother's side, as a scientist, but his father had urged him to join the military instead. Reading books became his hobby, especially those regarding pre-war history.

By the time he reached teenagehood, his father had unexpectedly assigned him for a training in the military. Norman reluctantly agreed, and began his training as a Concord soldier. But still, his interests for history books hadn't yet faded. Every day he would go to the Concord library and archives and just read through them, even going as far as missing a few scheduled trainings. Eventually, by the age of 21, he was officially declared as a Concord soldier.

He proved to be a competent and intelligent soldier, achieving many accomplishments for himself. A few years after, he was promoted to a sergeant and received his own squad of men. His knowledge of military tactics and strategy came from reading books, his favourite being Sun Tzu's "The Art of War". In the following years, his squad was given a mission to investigate an old military installation.

It proved to be the most devastating mission for him. The installation was discovered to be a nest of Super Mutants, but it was already too late for them. The squad, under the leadership of Sgt. Hyde, was ambushed by a dozen of Super Mutants. It was a slaughter. Only a quarter of the men managed to escape the place, including Norman, but under heavy wounds. All of Norman's men eventually succumbed to their injuries, leaving him alone in the wasteland. Broken, he decided not to return to the Concord, and ventured out into the wastes. He swore that he would not return until he found something to compensate the death of his men, and regain his dignity. In the wastes, he became known as the "Storyteller", with the companionship of a Mr. Gutsy which he found broken in an old workshop, and with the know-how, managed to repair and re-program it.

Seeing how the other applicants have their own companions, I decided to modify my character a bit with the addition of a Mr. Gutsy companion, if that's acceptable?

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:11 am

I'd be willing to go solo, but only if the rest does too xD

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:44 am

Name of Character: MGS Amanda Stevens
Appearance:
Faction Alignment: Rattlesnakes, so ultimately the Columbian government
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
S: 5
P: 6
E: 6
C: 8
I: 6
A: 6
L: 4
Equipment: Advanced Riot Gear, Winchester Plasma Rifle, Pulse Pistol, 700 caps, backpack filled with assorted tools and foodstuffs.
Character Backstory: Amanda was born on 2215 in Vault 34. Her father was head of security in the Vault and her mother was a doctor. Her formative years would be filled with strife as the Overseer of Vault 34 continued to push for tighter gun control within the Vault. Though her father was head of security and firmly with the Overseer, Amanda was against the Overseer trying to lock down the weapons of the Vault.

As the years passed by the infighting increased and culminated when Amanda was seventeen. The Overseer would declare martial law within the vault and order all officers to begin sweeping the living quarters to confiscate all weaponry to be locked in the armory away from the civilian population. Riots would ensue and much of the vault was split along lines of loyalty to the Overseer, and freedom to bear arms.

Amanda's father confronted her the first day of the riots, knowing that she would likely join the rebels in the fight against the Overseer. In doing so a fight ensued and Amanda killed her father with a 10mm pistol that she kept in her drawer. While heartbroken she still knew that she had a job to do and took her father's access card and clearance codes to the leader of the rebellion, Marcus Vertrell.

With her father's access card and his security clearance, the rebels were able to come up from underneath the overseer's office and kill him, putting his loyal officers in a pincers, forcing them to surrender.

Marcus Vertrell was elected as the new overseer and he would reopen the armory to all. He would also confiscate the GECK that was provided to the vault and would open the vault to the outside to form their first colony on Lake Mead. In doing so they would meet with New Columbia who had just annexed Vegas and open relations with them. They would also be annexed as well.

But, back to Amanda. She would join the Columbian army along with many others from the vault when they were annexed. Her excellent marksmen skill was common with many of the 34 recruits and most were moved to The Rattlesnakes. Amanda would join shortly after her 20th birthday. Since then she had been with the Rattlesnakes and has slowly moved up the ranks to Master Gunnery Sergeant.
Last edited by Pacific Brotherhood of Steel on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:29 am, edited 5 times in total.

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:53 pm

I don't know who did the map, but I like the new capitals!

One thing... Base Utopia is right inside the Grand Teton Mountain. Besides that, great job!

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:16 pm

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:Hey Traans, I doubt you would make it that far into Texas without realizing you were in a civilized nation. I think it would be best to stop in Texarkana first. That makes more sense.

I wasn't aware there were any Texan cities before Dallas. Still, i'd prefer if we first discover Dallas, a major city.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:16 pm

Jahe Davmwoem wrote:I don't know who did the map, but I like the new capitals!

One thing... Base Utopia is right inside the Grand Teton Mountain. Besides that, great job!

Danke

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:23 pm

The Traansval wrote:

I wasn't aware there were any Texan cities before Dallas. Still, i'd prefer if we first discover Dallas, a major city.

That's like an eight day walk into Texas. Texarkana is major.

Intermountain States
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:27 pm

Not to mention the border guards that would've noticed some armed individuals entering the country. This isn't the Mojave in which the NCR have loose control over New Vegas way anyone can walk into a town without noticing any outposts.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Intermountain States wrote:Not to mention the border guards that would've noticed some armed individuals entering the country. This isn't the Mojave in which the NCR have loose control over New Vegas way anyone can walk into a town without noticing any outposts.

Ok, then i'll change it to them being stopped at the border.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:28 pm

Name of Character: Doctor Jones
Age of Character: 43
Appearance:Image
Faction Alignment: The Academy (Former New York University)
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
S - 3
P - 8
E - 3
C - 6
I -10
A - 8
L -5

Equipment: NY-CP Pistol
Character Backstory: Doctor Henry Jones was born in the Metro Community of Blacklight, underneath New York City. He grew up, showing a aptitude for Reading and Learning. His father, who was a professor of Early Pre-war history at the Academy, enrolled his son in the school in the hopes of him following his path. Instead, Henry took a liking to Recovery and the study of Late Pre-War History.

After completing his courses, Henry became a Doctor of Late Pre-War History and Archaeology, and became apart of the Recovery and Salvage team, which was tasked with finding and salvaging Pre-War Technology for the Academy. He still preforms this fuction to this day, leading a time of 4 Academy Guards who use highly advanced technology.

Soon, Jones would be on another Mission, this time to find the fabled Vault of legend.
Last edited by The Traansval on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:13 pm

No one knows of the vault yet.

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Republic Of Bermuda » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:19 pm

Name of Character: Yuri Krukov
Age of Character: 19
Appearance: Da
Faction Alignment: Union of Soviet Socialist Settlements (as a Conscript)
Character S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
    S- 5
    P- 5
    E- 5
    C- 6
    I- 4
    A- 5
    L- 10
Equipment: AK-242, Coat, Ushanka, trained Yao Guai named Bear
Character Backstory: Yuri Krukov was born a happy little bouncing communist baby in Novaya Mosvka to a conscript and his factory worker wife. After a simple childhood with the education provided by the Novaya Moskva Soviet, he decided he wanted to join the Red Army. So, when he became old enough to get a job, 16 years old, he professed his desire to be in the Red Army to his local official. Sadly, the adventurous young communist did not get his dream job, and was relegated to factory duty in accordance with the employment quotas set by the year's One Year Plan. Eventually, however, he was assigned to Conscript duty when he was 18 years old. He couldn't wait to adventure just like his father had. Sadly, he was deployed in Novaya Omsk the entirety of that year, and did not get to explore new lands. The year turned again, another 1 Year Plan was put into effect, and Krukov remained a Conscript. He was deployed to patrol the area near the old Novaya Stalin Line, where he is about to go on a trip beyond his wildest (if admittedly somewhat lacking) imagination...
N U T S !

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:23 pm

Where'd he get a Yao Gui from? There are no bears in southern California.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse