NATION

PASSWORD

Republics of Dust | Fallout RP | Alt-Timeline | OOC | CLOSED

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zemoro
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zemoro » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:46 pm

Well, let's not forget about the chaos surely spurred topside. Car accidents, looting, rioting, uncontrolled fires taking out entire towns, etc.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:56 pm

The Traansval wrote:Ok so guys, me and Waz discussed this in Telegrams, and this is a summary of what we agreed on.

1. Only Concord and USA can Produce new Vertibirds. Nations that have already been accepted and had Vertibirds will be able to keep them, but no new Vertibirds. The only way now to obtain a Vertibird, is to raid a Concord or USA Base.

2. Airplanes. We discussed this, and you can salvage pre-war planes. But, no Fighter Planes or Bomber Planes.

3. Airships can be constructed, and can in theory be outfitted with a bombay.

4. Navies. No pre-war ships, but you can construct basic ships. Basically, wood or iron dinghies, just a bit larger.

So observation planes or no ovservation planes?

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Elerian wrote:
The Traansval wrote:Ok so guys, me and Waz discussed this in Telegrams, and this is a summary of what we agreed on.

1. Only Concord and USA can Produce new Vertibirds. Nations that have already been accepted and had Vertibirds will be able to keep them, but no new Vertibirds. The only way now to obtain a Vertibird, is to raid a Concord or USA Base.

2. Airplanes. We discussed this, and you can salvage pre-war planes. But, no Fighter Planes or Bomber Planes.

4. Navies. No pre-war ships, but you can construct basic ships. Basically, wood or iron dinghies, just a bit larger.

Maybe some observation bloons?

Btw. My next post is gunna raise questions. Kinda fun to write to be honest.

King Lorcan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby King Lorcan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:58 pm

My apologies I haven't been able to post recently as I've been busy IRL. I regret to inform you all that I'll have to drop out of the RP as I will continue to be busy IRL for a few weeks, however I'd ask that you keep my nation as a placeholder for those wanting to join, unless of course they wish to do something different with that territory. This RP has been great so far and I wish you all the best of luck.
Formerly known as Reddogkeno101.
Pro: Australia(usually), Freiburg School, Ordoliberalism, Civic nationalism, The Democrats, the Western EU States, Merkel and Hollande

Neutral: Religion (I'm an atheist, but I don't care what you are as long as you don't force it on others)

Anti: Fascism, Communism, The Republican Party(Since after Reagan)

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:59 pm

King Lorcan wrote:My apologies I haven't been able to post recently as I've been busy IRL. I regret to inform you all that I'll have to drop out of the RP as I will continue to be busy IRL for a few weeks, however I'd ask that you keep my nation as a placeholder for those wanting to join, unless of course they wish to do something different with that territory. This RP has been great so far and I wish you all the best of luck.

Goodluck

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:05 pm

How long will it take to build an airship?

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:05 pm

Waztaskio wrote:
Elerian wrote:

Maybe some observation bloons?

Btw. My next post is gunna raise questions. Kinda fun to write to be honest.

That would be less than ideal.

Zepplien
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zepplien » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:06 pm

Ulls wrote:How long will it take to build an airship?

Probably a year or two I would guess, depending on the type and size?
Generation 29 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Come to the Communist side, we have Cookies Wheat
I take boring you to a whole new level!
Never mistake my IC nation for communism. think of it as Zepism, something unique and terrifying
Ode to Zepplin:

You Play as a Bisexual think tank, in a woemans body so gracefully... But as quickly as you came you are gone playing a Chineese Clone... Then you are a stupid, homocidal iddiot who will kill 1000 people for his own power... You are my hero.

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:14 pm

Zepplien wrote:
Ulls wrote:How long will it take to build an airship?

Probably a year or two I would guess, depending on the type and size?

Just going to be a small transport. Would take a year and some months to do it.

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Republic Of Bermuda » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:23 pm

The Traansval wrote:3. Airships can be constructed, and can in theory be outfitted with a bombay.

The Traansval wrote:Airships can be constructed

The Traansval wrote:Airships

C O M R A D E S
N U T S !

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:25 pm

I'd like to bring something up with all of you.

Right now, we have it so that nations on the East and West Coasts, don't know jackshit about whats on the other coast. Now, this makes sense right? Well, heres the thing. I propose this. There is a trade line linking east to west.

Now, the time it would take to walk from east to west, including breaks, would be a mere 40-45 days. Not only that, but Jet, a highly lucrative drug, was invented on the East Coast, yet you can find it all over the Capital Wasteland. To add upon that, is Caps. Bottle caps are a representative currency originating from The Hub. Caps were used to represent Purified Water, the main resource at the Hub. Yet, caps are the currency used on the East Coast. This would suggest that between the events of Fallout 1-2 and 3, which is about 40 years, major trade has taken place between the West and East.

Take the real life example of the Silk Road. It was a road upon which traders walked, with the help of horses (For fallout, traders would have brahmin) from China to Europe. Upon this road, goods from China, such as silk, made their way to Europe. But, Europe gave something back, Opium. Opium, which the Europeans in the future would use to effectively put China under their boot, getting their whole country addicted to it and then under their control. Wars were fought over it.

In our world. There is a Silk Road. Only, on this road, Caps and Jet from the West Coast travel East.

And we see all the time people travelling from East to West. Harold, a character from fallout 1 and 2, is in Fallout 3. The Courier himself is said, in the Lonesome Road DLC, to have walked East.

Halium
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Halium » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:27 pm

The Traansval wrote:I'd like to bring something up with all of you.

Right now, we have it so that nations on the East and West Coasts, don't know jackshit about whats on the other coast. Now, this makes sense right? Well, heres the thing. I propose this. There is a trade line linking east to west.

Now, the time it would take to walk from east to west, including breaks, would be a mere 40-45 days. Not only that, but Jet, a highly lucrative drug, was invented on the East Coast, yet you can find it all over the Capital Wasteland. To add upon that, is Caps. Bottle caps are a representative currency originating from The Hub. Caps were used to represent Purified Water, the main resource at the Hub. Yet, caps are the currency used on the East Coast. This would suggest that between the events of Fallout 1-2 and 3, which is about 40 years, major trade has taken place between the West and East.

Take the real life example of the Silk Road. It was a road upon which traders walked, with the help of horses (For fallout, traders would have brahmin) from China to Europe. Upon this road, goods from China, such as silk, made their way to Europe. But, Europe gave something back, Opium. Opium, which the Europeans in the future would use to effectively put China under their boot, getting their whole country addicted to it and then under their control. Wars were fought over it.

In our world. There is a Silk Road. Only, on this road, Caps and Jet from the West Coast travel East.

And we see all the time people travelling from East to West. Harold, a character from fallout 1 and 2, is in Fallout 3. The Courier himself is said, in the Lonesome Road DLC, to have walked East.

I'd definently be cool with that! Especially because I wanna have a Lewis and Clark like expedition with Billow and Sirso

But we should probably have maps and stuff showing what can be traded from one region to another.
Opinions on politics: In light of the failure of two parties, there either should be none, or multiple major ones

Opinion on Government: Should be run by Mirthocracy (ask me about it sometime)

Why do I always play weak nations? I hate having every advantage, makes it boring to me

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:32 pm

For navies is this about the maximum sized ship?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 395de1.jpg
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:32 pm

RIP, Waz has FEV and Chinese Soldiers

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:32 pm

I don't mind the silk road idea. Sounds cool to me. Btw. Latest post. Pretty sure you all may have your opinions on it, so let me hear them now.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:33 pm

Duestchstien wrote:

Pretty Much

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:34 pm

Waztaskio wrote:I don't mind the silk road idea. Sounds cool to me. Btw. Latest post. Pretty sure you all may have your opinions on it, so let me hear them now.

I don't know about the China stuff. Otherwise, I like it.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:35 pm

Waztaskio wrote:I don't mind the silk road idea. Sounds cool to me. Btw. Latest post. Pretty sure you all may have your opinions on it, so let me hear them now.

I'm a little confused.

Who the fuck are the chinese fighting?

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Let them come and be rebuked on the bastion of my society.

please dont
Last edited by Pacific Brotherhood of Steel on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:36 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Duestchstien wrote:

Pretty Much

Alright cause that's how big I was thinking my transport ships and battleships would be.
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:

Let them come and be rebuked on the bastion of my society.

please dont

:lol:
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:38 pm

The Traansval wrote:

I'm a little confused.

Steel Raiders. Basically the US Troops who invaded, now ghoulified and formed a raider band to harass the Chinese.

Prusslandia wrote:

I don't know about the China stuff. Otherwise, I like it.

Basically, it's just some teaser info of China. I plan to keep it (Mostly) Contained to the mainland of China and surrounding area. Just some easter eggs really.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:40 pm

Waztaskio wrote:
The Traansval wrote:I'm a little confused.

Steel Raiders. Basically the US Troops who invaded, now ghoulified and formed a raider band to harass the Chinese.

Prusslandia wrote:I don't know about the China stuff. Otherwise, I like it.

Basically, it's just some teaser info of China. I plan to keep it (Mostly) Contained to the mainland of China and surrounding area. Just some easter eggs really.

Ahhhh, okay. I thought it was preparation for some crazy shit.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:46 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
Waztaskio wrote:Steel Raiders. Basically the US Troops who invaded, now ghoulified and formed a raider band to harass the Chinese.

Ahhhh, okay. I thought it was preparation for some crazy shit.

Not really. It's more of a way for me to have some fun in my own RP, without really messing up other peoples fun. While also of course, giving some useful information to some people.

Cesopium
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Taxmaspada

Postby Cesopium » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:49 pm

Ah, well, I'll just make a new nation app if that just flopped apart.

Faction/Nation Name:Darius's Taxmaspada
Faction/Nation Territory: Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Indiana,
Capital City/Faction HQ: Quincy, Illinois
Population: 666,000
Government: Autocracy,Traditionalist,Dictatorship
Leaders: King Darius, Springfield Spahbed Benjamin Smith
National/Group Ideology: Conservative Dictatorship
Military:17,700

Organization:Darius is the ultimate leader of the Empire, and his Spahbed, acting as his field marshal falls only 2nd in military authority under him to ensure that orders are followed through. Under him are the Padan, who are responsible for leading the Sparabara and directing and coordinating their attacks.

Sparabara are assigned to Dah-bashi, Squads of 8, lead by two Framandar, who serve as squad leaders.Ten squads form a Yuz-bashi of 80 men, lead by a Padan. Six Yuz-bashi form a Amir Tuman of 480 men.

The Anusiya are an elite group of soldiers who act as the bodyguard of Darius. Though not part of the main fighting force, they will accompany the Spahbeh in crucial battles and act as Darius's executioners.The Anusiya are highly respected and their leader answers to none but the spahbed and Caesar.

The Sparabara:
Sparabara are drawn into Darius's service through three methods. The first method involves being born in the Taxmaspada. The second method is if a tribe is assimilated (albeit forcibly) into the ranks of the taxmaspada. The third method involves choosing physically fit slaves for training. However, only males are allowed to serve as infantrymen. Women are forbidden from entering combat.

Once the men or boys are deemed fit to serve as warriors, their training begins. The road to becoming a full-fledged sparabara is fraught with hardship and under-performing recruits are threatened with death. If the trainees survive the instructors' trials, they are given the right to join the taxmaspada's ranks. As a result, the taxmaspada's fighters are skilled, tenacious, and fearless. In comparison to the NCR's recruits, who are sometimes given as little as two weeks of combat training, sparabara are consummate warriors and can easily overpower NCR soldiers in hand-to-hand combat.

However, the recruits must now face the most dangerous time of their lives. The most inexperienced warriors in the taxmaspada are given only crude machetes, improvised throwing spears, and antiquated firearms to battle their foes with. To make matters worse for the recruits, they are marched to the front and their armor provides little protection against any weapon stronger than a straight razor. Finally, when faced with an enemy wielding firearms (such as NCR troopers and rangers), beyond throwing spears and whatever guns are available, recruits simply have to wade through enemy fire and hope that they survive long enough to engage their foes up close. In essence, survival is very difficult for a recruit. However because of the low tech nature of the recruits they are mostly deployed on patrols with a higher ranking sparabara. Or they take part in small to medium size raids and skirmishes.

Should the sparabara survive and even excel through multiple battles, they are granted the right to be promoted to prime sparabara. The prime sparbara are given better equipment and situated further away from the front lines. They are given equipment such as hunting rifles and hunting shotguns. Although all still carry a melee weapon and will use it should they get close enough to the enemy. The ability to adapt to any situation in combat by being able to switch between Firearms and melee makes them excellent fighters. If they continue to demonstrate aptitude in battle, they gain the status of veterans. The veterans boast the thickest armor of the common sparabara and are kept even further away from the front lines. only being deployed if the ranks before them should fail their mission. This method of organization is not out of kindness to the taxmaspada's seasoned warriors; it allows the taxmaspada to hold its best soldiers in reserve so they may be unleashed if the lesser sparabara fail to defeat their foes.

If sparabara demonstrate aptitude in essential crafts, they will be assigned to such duties. These jobs can range from training the army's hounds to repairing and expanding the taxmaspada''s arsenal.

Discipline and Advancement:
Darius's army is highly stratified in terms of rank. A low-ranking soldier must defer to the wishes of his superiors, even if that means facing death. The taxmaspada''s success comes from the sparabara' fearlessness, cooperation, and fanatic loyalty to Darius. Thus, cowardice and disobedience will earn the wrath of Darius and his officers.

Advancement is primarily achieved through valorous or ingenious acts on the battlefield. A sparabara who demonstrates leadership potential will be rewarded with greater responsibilities and privileges. If a sparabara can earn decisive victory for the taxmaspada, even if it involves disobeying orders, he will be recognized for his efforts. Artaxeres Brown is a notable example, as he managed to defeat a tribe by breaking ranks and exploiting a weakness in their formation. The centurion wished to execute Artaxeres for his disobedience, but Darius elevated Artaxeres to the position of the Padgospan commander.

However, while competence is rewarded with leadership positions, incompetence brings the threat of serious injury or death. The first legate Ramses Cook, failed to seize the Illinois Waterway and his forces were routed by the Brotherhood. Though he was the second most powerful man in the taxmaspada and Darius's friend, Darius nonetheless ordered his anusiya to immolate Graham and toss him into the Little Grand Canyon. Other punishments that may be applied for failure range from crucifixion to decimation. Consequently, sparabara will frequently commit suicide when defeated to avoid suffering at the hands of Caesar's executioners.

Equipment:
Because Darius is determined to maintain a Persian theme for his army, his underlings are equipped as such. The most common armament in the legion are crude spears or machetes and improvised throwing spears, but the sparabara are relatively free to use whatever weapon is available, so long as they can wield them well. As rank improves, the quality of a legionary's armament also increases. In fact, the centurions can be seen wielding weapons that are technologically advanced, ranging from thermic lances to anti-materiel rifles.

Standard sparabara armor is composed of pre-War athletic gear reinforced with metal and leather and worn over a studded leather cuirass. Again, rank dictates the quality of armor. A recruit will be given armor that is ineffective against even crude bludgeons while padans are equipped with armor that can resist knives and SMG bullets.

Due to a ban on modern medicine, alcohol, and synthetic chems, the legionaries are provided with medicines derived from the local flora and fauna. Healing powder and bitter drinks are the most common remedies used to heal wounds. In order to restore crippled limbs, the Legion uses a chem called hydra, a potent brew derived from the Illinois Wasteland's wildlife and cave fungus. Legionaries also carry antivenom as a precaution against poisoning from encounters with the venomous creatures of the woodlands. In addition, many sparabara carry purified water and food gathered from the wasteland for rations.

Major Towns or Locations: Fort Massac, Scott Air Field Base, Naval Station Great Lakes, The Fortress(Fortification overlooking Mississippi River T.J. J. O’Brien L&D)
History:The Taxmaspada was founded by Darius upon being captured by the Kickapoo tribe and/or raider gang when traveling through Illinois with the rest of his Islamic fellowship. Educated in pre-war history, and an innate fascination with the empires of old he read about in the old libraries of burnt out Pennsylvania.The Kickapoo were one of the few tribes in the region of Northern Illinois, and using his knowledge of old world tactics he was able to best the other tribes.

Doing this he enslaved the other tribes and was made the leader of the Kickapoo, using his tactics and power he expanded all throughout Illinois. He would assimilate every gang or tribe he defeated, before by the tender age of 27 he had Illinois in his grasp. He has enslaved 93 tribes and gangs all throughout Illinois as well as some parts of St.Louis and Wisconsin. Though the Taxmaspada follows a strict policy of frontier justice, erasing all chem-dependent tribes and gangs unfit for absorption into their military. Though a trade caravan needs guards in other territory needs no guards in the region of the Taxmaspada having destroyed all bandit groups or mutants under their control.
Last edited by Cesopium on Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse