NATION

PASSWORD

1870 : Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC][REBOOT]

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Novacom
Minister
 
Posts: 2048
Founded: Feb 24, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Novacom » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:38 pm

Intermountain States wrote:
Danceria wrote:Hey, I'm back.

On the subject of the slave trade, Scandinavia has had it's partaking of it (Azteks, and of course, Africans from Nigeria and Angola if my app is okay). Race relations are a love hate thing, the most equal being in the colonies. His Royal Majesty doesn't particularly care for the plight of the negro(is it okay if I say that?), as they are just another cog in the vast empire.

As for this Latin festival, its unlikely that Scandinavia would be involved (as even though we're Roman in religion, architecture, govt, ect) we're still pretty Germanic (still write in runes). To those attending the festival, I shrug. I'll just occupy my time defending civilized Christendom from the various powers that would no doubt seek to gobble up defenseless territories. As usual.

I thought the Azteks were industrialized.


He's operating under some weird delusion I'm backward despite the Aztek's being Industrialized and on the same level as Western and Oriental tech, so he really is picking a fight that he'll loose but it'll be interesting seeing it run it's course :P

User avatar
Seinlo
Diplomat
 
Posts: 919
Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:39 pm

Togeria wrote:
Seinlo wrote:
I am black. It is perfectly fine with me if you say negro. Other black people are not okay with that, however (they got chewed out by me after chewing me out for using it, though).

What do you think about the Schism not happening though? I mentioned it a few posts up.

I'm black too dude.


Hello person also descended from the diverse group of ethnicities from the continent of Africa whom possess increased melanin.
Depression kind of goes along with not being liked, especially when you ask for help, and don't get it. Remember that, okay? There are people who need someone, even if in a small way. Don't avoid them because of a misunderstanding, them having a bad day, and definitely not because everyone else does it. Even if it's just a fifteen minute conversation about nothing, it might help.

User avatar
Seinlo
Diplomat
 
Posts: 919
Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:39 pm

Novacom wrote:
Intermountain States wrote:I thought the Azteks were industrialized.


He's operating under some weird delusion I'm backward despite the Aztek's being Industrialized and on the same level as Western and Oriental tech, so he really is picking a fight that he'll loose but it'll be interesting seeing it run it's course :P


I wish I was industrialized :( I'm only semi-industrialized. Doesn't mean I'm backwards, though. I hope.
Depression kind of goes along with not being liked, especially when you ask for help, and don't get it. Remember that, okay? There are people who need someone, even if in a small way. Don't avoid them because of a misunderstanding, them having a bad day, and definitely not because everyone else does it. Even if it's just a fifteen minute conversation about nothing, it might help.

User avatar
Trotza
Minister
 
Posts: 2182
Founded: Feb 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotza » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:40 pm

Novacom wrote:
Intermountain States wrote:I thought the Azteks were industrialized.


He's operating under some weird delusion I'm backward despite the Aztek's being Industrialized and on the same level as Western and Oriental tech, so he really is picking a fight that he'll loose but it'll be interesting seeing it run it's course :P

Ah, the old Brazilian Folly. Never ends well does it.
__________
"If you like, someone has to be the bloodhound. I won't shy away from the responsibility."
- Gustav Noske, in the face of the Communist Revolution of 1919 in Berlin

User avatar
Novacom
Minister
 
Posts: 2048
Founded: Feb 24, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Novacom » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:41 pm

Trotza wrote:
Novacom wrote:
He's operating under some weird delusion I'm backward despite the Aztek's being Industrialized and on the same level as Western and Oriental tech, so he really is picking a fight that he'll loose but it'll be interesting seeing it run it's course :P

Ah, the old Brazilian Folly. Never ends well does it.


Heh indeed, I wish that war had had a chance to develop more, I really did have the deck stacked :P

User avatar
Danceria
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10036
Founded: Aug 13, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danceria » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:41 pm

Novacom wrote:
Intermountain States wrote:I thought the Azteks were industrialized.


He's operating under some weird delusion I'm backward despite the Aztek's being Industrialized and on the same level as Western and Oriental tech, so he really is picking a fight that he'll loose but it'll be interesting seeing it run it's course :P

My people have the collective delusion of the White Man's burden, and that such a nation that practices human sacrifice ought to be kept in check.

No war will be declared, but you can bet your obsidian bead necklace that we'll call every relation in your family deplorable things. :P
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

User avatar
Seinlo
Diplomat
 
Posts: 919
Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:43 pm

*Sighs.*

What to do.
Depression kind of goes along with not being liked, especially when you ask for help, and don't get it. Remember that, okay? There are people who need someone, even if in a small way. Don't avoid them because of a misunderstanding, them having a bad day, and definitely not because everyone else does it. Even if it's just a fifteen minute conversation about nothing, it might help.

User avatar
Danceria
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10036
Founded: Aug 13, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danceria » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:44 pm

Seinlo wrote:*Sighs.*

What to do.

Stay in Africa, trade with India, point fingers and laugh at the Europeans whenever we exploit civilize the peoples of the Dark Continent, slowly gaining the favor of countless angry stone age tribes.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

User avatar
Novacom
Minister
 
Posts: 2048
Founded: Feb 24, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Novacom » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:45 pm

Danceria wrote:
Novacom wrote:
He's operating under some weird delusion I'm backward despite the Aztek's being Industrialized and on the same level as Western and Oriental tech, so he really is picking a fight that he'll loose but it'll be interesting seeing it run it's course :P

My people have the collective delusion of the White Man's burden, and that such a nation that practices human sacrifice ought to be kept in check.

No war will be declared, but you can bet your obsidian bead necklace that we'll call every relation in your family deplorable things. :P


Blood Sacrifice had been brought to an end before the first Spanish Conquistadors were driven back into the sea so yeah :P

Of course given your propensity for kidnapping who said anything about war, You will be considered to be beneath such courtesy's and your holdings seized and any ships straying near our territories sunk which also means no access to the Canal :P

User avatar
Danceria
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10036
Founded: Aug 13, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danceria » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Novacom wrote:
Danceria wrote:My people have the collective delusion of the White Man's burden, and that such a nation that practices human sacrifice ought to be kept in check.

No war will be declared, but you can bet your obsidian bead necklace that we'll call every relation in your family deplorable things. :P


Blood Sacrifice had been brought to an end before the first Spanish Conquistadors were driven back into the sea so yeah :P

Of course given your propensity for kidnapping who said anything about war, You will be considered to be beneath such courtesy's and your holdings seized and any ships straying near our territories sunk which also means no access to the Canal :P

Oh.

Well...there goes my glorious vision of the 17th century being nothing but Beserkers vs Azteks to the soundtrack of epic pirate music, turning the Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico red with each others blood.

Needless to say, you're still pagan, and worse still, a powerful pagan who no doubt still sacrifices good Christians to their vile gods in secret.

Who needs the canal when you have the Suez, Argentina, and influence in the Cape of Good Hope?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

User avatar
Seinlo
Diplomat
 
Posts: 919
Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:51 pm

Danceria wrote:
Seinlo wrote:*Sighs.*

What to do.

Stay in Africa, trade with India, point fingers and laugh at the Europeans whenever we exploit civilize the peoples of the Dark Continent, slowly gaining the favor of countless angry stone age tribes.


Just stay out of what I want. Yemen considers eastern Africa to be hers, as well as large portions of central Africa (African Great Lakes, where we have relations with the tribes, and our trading network reaches into it).

Danceria wrote:
Novacom wrote:
Blood Sacrifice had been brought to an end before the first Spanish Conquistadors were driven back into the sea so yeah :P

Of course given your propensity for kidnapping who said anything about war, You will be considered to be beneath such courtesy's and your holdings seized and any ships straying near our territories sunk which also means no access to the Canal :P

Oh.

Well...there goes my glorious vision of the 17th century being nothing but Beserkers vs Azteks to the soundtrack of epic pirate music, turning the Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico red with each others blood.

Needless to say, you're still pagan, and worse still, a powerful pagan who no doubt still sacrifices good Christians to their vile gods in secret.

Who needs the canal when you have the Suez, Argentina, and influence in the Cape of Good Hope?


I thought that Cambria and Rome had the Suez? I mean, I operate in the Red Sea, and control the Gulf of Aden, and lots of other things, but yeah... I don't think you own the Suez...
Depression kind of goes along with not being liked, especially when you ask for help, and don't get it. Remember that, okay? There are people who need someone, even if in a small way. Don't avoid them because of a misunderstanding, them having a bad day, and definitely not because everyone else does it. Even if it's just a fifteen minute conversation about nothing, it might help.

User avatar
Cymrea
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8574
Founded: Feb 10, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cymrea » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:51 pm

Seinlo wrote:*Sighs.*

What to do.

Trade extensively with Europe...particularly the northern parts...with the pale and ginger folks. :)
Pronounced: [KIM]-ree-ah. Formerly the Empire of Thakandar, founded December 2002. IIWiki | Factbook | Royal Cymrean Forces
Proud patron of: Halcyon Arms and of their Cymrea-class drone carrier
Storefronts: Ravendyne Defence Industries | Bank of Cymrea | Pork Place BBQ
Puppets: Persica Prime (W40K), Winter Bastion (SW), Malifaux City (Malifaux), Atramentar
✎ Member - ℘ædagog | Cheese Sandwich is best Pony | 1870 (2.0) United Kingdom of Cambria
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS OREGON DUCKS

User avatar
Sanabel
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29900
Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Sanabel » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:54 pm

Ruthenia will trade with all of the peoples.
Proud Flat-Earther and anti-vaccine activist.
----------
I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Currently Reading: More Than A Woman by the Bee Gees

User avatar
Seinlo
Diplomat
 
Posts: 919
Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:55 pm

Cymrea wrote:
Seinlo wrote:*Sighs.*

What to do.

Trade extensively with Europe...particularly the northern parts...with the pale and ginger folks. :)


lol

I shall. If I get friendly with both Cambria and Sweden, I'll be set. An alliance would be interesting, too ;)
Depression kind of goes along with not being liked, especially when you ask for help, and don't get it. Remember that, okay? There are people who need someone, even if in a small way. Don't avoid them because of a misunderstanding, them having a bad day, and definitely not because everyone else does it. Even if it's just a fifteen minute conversation about nothing, it might help.

User avatar
Novacom
Minister
 
Posts: 2048
Founded: Feb 24, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Novacom » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:55 pm

Danceria wrote:
Novacom wrote:
Blood Sacrifice had been brought to an end before the first Spanish Conquistadors were driven back into the sea so yeah :P

Of course given your propensity for kidnapping who said anything about war, You will be considered to be beneath such courtesy's and your holdings seized and any ships straying near our territories sunk which also means no access to the Canal :P

Oh.

Well...there goes my glorious vision of the 17th century being nothing but Beserkers vs Azteks to the soundtrack of epic pirate music, turning the Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico red with each others blood.

Needless to say, you're still pagan, and worse still, a powerful pagan who no doubt still sacrifices good Christians to their vile gods in secret.

Who needs the canal when you have the Suez, Argentina, and influence in the Cape of Good Hope?


These Azteks are much more subtle than that, your Berserkers would be dead before they even knew they were under attack while I was already onto the next objective, as for foreign policy I have a clear set of allies and objectives, and very much confident in my own abilities and the excellent defense the distance equation of the Atlantic offers...

Suez? you mean the canal operated by one of my good and close allies? I do wonder indeed :P

User avatar
Elerian
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10868
Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:56 pm

Sanabel wrote:Ruthenia will trade with all of the peoples.


No invitation to your party = no trade with India
Last edited by Elerian on Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Seinlo
Diplomat
 
Posts: 919
Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:56 pm

Sanabel wrote:Ruthenia will trade with all of the peoples.


I shall do the same, unless I need to war them...
Depression kind of goes along with not being liked, especially when you ask for help, and don't get it. Remember that, okay? There are people who need someone, even if in a small way. Don't avoid them because of a misunderstanding, them having a bad day, and definitely not because everyone else does it. Even if it's just a fifteen minute conversation about nothing, it might help.

User avatar
Seinlo
Diplomat
 
Posts: 919
Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:57 pm

Elerian wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Ruthenia will trade with all of the peoples.


No invitation to your celebration = no trade with India


If you are serious, then I won't trade with Ruthenia, either.
Depression kind of goes along with not being liked, especially when you ask for help, and don't get it. Remember that, okay? There are people who need someone, even if in a small way. Don't avoid them because of a misunderstanding, them having a bad day, and definitely not because everyone else does it. Even if it's just a fifteen minute conversation about nothing, it might help.

User avatar
Togeria
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15291
Founded: Aug 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Togeria » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:57 pm

Seinlo wrote:
Togeria wrote:I'm black too dude.


Hello person also descended from the diverse group of ethnicities from the continent of Africa whom possess increased melanin.

No reason to pull up the thesaurus bud.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!


DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

User avatar
Elerian
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10868
Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:57 pm

Novacom wrote:
Intermountain States wrote:I thought the Azteks were industrialized.


He's operating under some weird delusion I'm backward despite the Aztek's being Industrialized and on the same level as Western and Oriental tech, so he really is picking a fight that he'll loose but it'll be interesting seeing it run it's course :P


Since when have the Azteks been industrialized?

User avatar
Sanabel
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29900
Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Sanabel » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:58 pm

That's bogus diplomacy, so I hope you're not serious, though I doubt India or Yemen are big trading partners with Ruthenia anyway.
Proud Flat-Earther and anti-vaccine activist.
----------
I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Currently Reading: More Than A Woman by the Bee Gees

User avatar
Novacom
Minister
 
Posts: 2048
Founded: Feb 24, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Novacom » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:58 pm

Elerian wrote:
Novacom wrote:
He's operating under some weird delusion I'm backward despite the Aztek's being Industrialized and on the same level as Western and Oriental tech, so he really is picking a fight that he'll loose but it'll be interesting seeing it run it's course :P


Since when have the Azteks been industrialized?


For a long time :P

User avatar
Elerian
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10868
Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:00 pm

Novacom wrote:
Elerian wrote:
Since when have the Azteks been industrialized?


For a long time :P


Is this a guidance?

User avatar
Novacom
Minister
 
Posts: 2048
Founded: Feb 24, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Novacom » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:01 pm

Elerian wrote:
Novacom wrote:
For a long time :P


Is this a guidance?


Check your TG's.

User avatar
Seinlo
Diplomat
 
Posts: 919
Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:01 pm

Sanabel wrote:That's bogus diplomacy, so I hope you're not serious, though I doubt India or Yemen are big trading partners with Ruthenia anyway.


Do you have any presence in the Indian Ocean, even a minor one? We have trading fleets that work outside of the Indian Ocean, but it isn't as major as our operations there.

I want trade with all the peoples :(
Depression kind of goes along with not being liked, especially when you ask for help, and don't get it. Remember that, okay? There are people who need someone, even if in a small way. Don't avoid them because of a misunderstanding, them having a bad day, and definitely not because everyone else does it. Even if it's just a fifteen minute conversation about nothing, it might help.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aeyariss, Alozia, Morrdh, Ormata, Ralnis, Wysten

Advertisement

Remove ads