NATION

PASSWORD

1870 : Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC][REBOOT]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:24 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:"Hey Puran, wanna see a brothel?"

it's coming, just you wait

Not that weird by Roman standards.

I mean, I was going to mention how Julius took Michael to a brothel as a gift for his birthday, but I figured that it would be too much.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:24 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:"Hey Puran, wanna see a brothel?"

it's coming, just you wait

Not that weird by Roman standards.

I mean, I was going to mention how Julius took Michael to a brothel as a gift for his birthday, but I figured that it would be too much.

"Hey sis, wanna go find loose women?"

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:27 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Not that weird by Roman standards.

"Hey sis, wanna go find loose women?"

Hey, at least Constantinople can offer registered and good quality prostitutes
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:34 am

Italy has prostitution as illegal because who needs prostitutes when you have slaves? it is an immoral practice.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:36 am

The V O I D wrote:Italy has prostitution as illegal because who needs prostitutes when you have slaves? it is an immoral practice.

Slaves are immoral.

In the glorious Imperium, slave trafficking is punishable by death, and prostitution is a normal job, regulated by the state.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:37 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Italy has prostitution as illegal because who needs prostitutes when you have slaves? it is an immoral practice.

Slaves are immoral.

In the glorious Imperium, slave trafficking is punishable by death, and prostitution is a normal job, regulated by the state.

Oh, the Province of Italiae will be hard to integrate thanks to prostitution being illegal on pain of death; while slavery isn't legal or illegal, but rural farmers often use it and sometimes make money on the side by using their slaves for sex because it isn't considered prostitution in the law.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:42 am

The V O I D wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Slaves are immoral.

Oh, the Province of Italiae will be hard to integrate thanks to prostitution being illegal on pain of death; while slavery isn't legal or illegal, but rural farmers often use it and sometimes make money on the side by using their slaves for sex because it isn't considered prostitution in the law.

Well, I'd love to see those farmers fight to death as gladiators.

Slavery is not negotiable with the Emperor, Senate, and People of Rome.

Exploiting people for sex is also illegal in the Imperium.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:50 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

Well, I'd love to see those farmers fight to death as gladiators.

See, Italiae's Imperial government considers the act of prostitution as exploiting women and men for sex - hence its criminalization, treated similarly to rape. Unfortunately, due to the Imperial Senate not legislating on it yet or amending the Imperial Constitution, nor the Emperor issuing an executive order, the practice of slavery has gone on ignored in rural Italian regions and because slaves haven't been 'liberated' by the law yet, nor does the Imperial Constitution dictate the part of 'all Italians' in "rights are for all Italians" applies to people who aren't Italian ethnically speaking (in fact, as long as you don't have citizenship, based on the way the Imperial government has been viewing this issue, unless you're a diplomat from a foreign country, or some other official Imperial documents, you pretty much have no rights at all - meaning slave children remain slaves due to not being 'citizens').

This means laws against prostitution, rape, murder, etc. do not apply to slaves and non-citizens without official Imperial documents. That means, at least in rural regions, it is not uncommon for tourists - because they have no Imperial documents - to be inducted into slavery of some kind.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:24 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Well, I'd love to see those farmers fight to death as gladiators.

See, Italiae's Imperial government considers the act of prostitution as exploiting women and men for sex - hence its criminalization, treated similarly to rape. Unfortunately, due to the Imperial Senate not legislating on it yet or amending the Imperial Constitution, nor the Emperor issuing an executive order, the practice of slavery has gone on ignored in rural Italian regions and because slaves haven't been 'liberated' by the law yet, nor does the Imperial Constitution dictate the part of 'all Italians' in "rights are for all Italians" applies to people who aren't Italian ethnically speaking (in fact, as long as you don't have citizenship, based on the way the Imperial government has been viewing this issue, unless you're a diplomat from a foreign country, or some other official Imperial documents, you pretty much have no rights at all - meaning slave children remain slaves due to not being 'citizens').

This means laws against prostitution, rape, murder, etc. do not apply to slaves and non-citizens without official Imperial documents. That means, at least in rural regions, it is not uncommon for tourists - because they have no Imperial documents - to be inducted into slavery of some kind.

I spy a crisis should the Women of Sassan take a little trip backpacking across Italy.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:25 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Well, I'd love to see those farmers fight to death as gladiators.

Well, the Roman Government considers, due to the Roman culture in general, that prostitution is a normal part of life. The Romans aren't exactly bashful. They even consider homosexuality to be normal, after all. Nevertheless, prostitution is allowed, but under strong regulations from the state. All brothels and prostitutes must be registered, and the states takes care that all those prostitutes do their job under their own free will. Forcing people into prostitution is a crime just as big as slavery, and unregistered brothels are illegal, and if they are discovered, the owners get the same punishment as in the case of slave trafficking, and those who used the services of that brothel are accused of rape. As such, they are very uncommon, since legal high quality brothels already exist.

As for slavery, it has been forbidden for centuries, ever since the Roman slave-owning state nearly collapsed. The Imperial citizens get the most rights, but all persons, while in Roman territory, enjoy certain rights, their freedom being one of them. All slavery is forbidden in the Imperium. So, if the slaves of other countries escape to Roman territory, they become free men.

But well, the Imperium is also very aggressive about the status of their own citizens. So if Roman citizens are turned to slaves, expect violent reactions, including, if no diplomatic agreement can be reached, sending the Auctorinus to free those citizens.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:28 pm

"You call those dancers? Let's show them how it's done!"

Persian-Roman one-upmanship at its best

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:29 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:"You call those dancers? Let's show them how it's done!"

We shall maintain Constantinople's pride. Our brothels are the best.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:33 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:"You call those dancers? Let's show them how it's done!"

We shall maintain Constantinople's pride. Our brothels are the best.

"Puran, show this trash how we do it in Eranshahr!"

"Do....do I have to?"

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:37 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:We shall maintain Constantinople's pride. Our brothels are the best.

"Do....do I have to?"

Well, I can't exactly have Michael do it, so you got me on this one

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:40 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

"Do....do I have to?"

Well, I can't exactly have Michael do it, so you got me on this one

Haha! The Arya win this one!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:45 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Well, I can't exactly have Michael do it, so you got me on this one

Our brothels are still better.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:53 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

I spy a crisis should the Women of Sassan take a little trip backpacking across Italy.

Don't worry, some farmers are really nice to their slaves. ;)

Tracian Empire wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

Well, the Roman Government considers, due to the Roman culture in general, that prostitution is a normal part of life. The Romans aren't exactly bashful. They even consider homosexuality to be normal, after all. Nevertheless, prostitution is allowed, but under strong regulations from the state. All brothels and prostitutes must be registered, and the states takes care that all those prostitutes do their job under their own free will. Forcing people into prostitution is a crime just as big as slavery, and unregistered brothels are illegal, and if they are discovered, the owners get the same punishment as in the case of slave trafficking, and those who used the services of that brothel are accused of rape. As such, they are very uncommon, since legal high quality brothels already exist.

As for slavery, it has been forbidden for centuries, ever since the Roman slave-owning state nearly collapsed. The Imperial citizens get the most rights, but all persons, while in Roman territory, enjoy certain rights, their freedom being one of them. All slavery is forbidden in the Imperium. So, if the slaves of other countries escape to Roman territory, they become free men.

But well, the Imperium is also very aggressive about the status of their own citizens. So if Roman citizens are turned to slaves, expect violent reactions, including, if no diplomatic agreement can be reached, sending the Auctorinus to free those citizens.

Very interesting. I look forward to how the future rulers of the Italian-Roman Empire as well as how Empress Valentina and Emperor Julius try to solve this issue.

As for if Roman slaves get caught and such, well... technically, the Imperial government, due to not having a stance on slavery or solving this issue itself, has no registry or record of slaves and which farms use them or not. We could probably pay reparations, but if a farm takes in some poor souls as slaves... rural Italy is pretty big, especially for 1870 before cars and modern technology.

So, finding slaves and returning them once they are caught is understandably problematic.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:53 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Our brothels are still better.

Noooo

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:56 pm

Also, I have a feeling that - even if the Italian-Roman Empire does form - the black market underground slave trade and usage of slavery will begin spreading throughout it and the Empire will, even if it tries to avoid it, become the center of the world's black market slave trade. :p

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:57 pm

The V O I D wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Tracian Empire wrote:

Very interesting. I look forward to how the future rulers of the Italian-Roman Empire as well as how Empress Valentina and Emperor Julius try to solve this issue.

As for if Roman slaves get caught and such, well... technically, the Imperial government, due to not having a stance on slavery or solving this issue itself, has no registry or record of slaves and which farms use them or not. We could probably pay reparations, but if a farm takes in some poor souls as slaves... rural Italy is pretty big, especially for 1870 before cars and modern technology.

So, finding slaves and returning them once they are caught is understandably problematic.

Well, a first idea would be a travel ban by the Roman State for Roman citizens to Italy. And then, if the danger exists, Rome would possibly at least have some people infiltrated there. But the idea is that that the Imperium can react aggressively if its citizens are enslaved.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:57 pm

The V O I D wrote:Also, I have a feeling that - even if the Italian-Roman Empire does form - the black market underground slave trade and usage of slavery will begin spreading throughout it and the Empire will, even if it tries to avoid it, become the center of the world's black market slave trade. :p

Unlikely :P

The Imperium cracks down hardly on any sort of slavery. The Italian slave owners and traffickers definitively don't want to face the Roman Inquisition.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:59 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Our brothels are still better.

Noooo

Oh yes. City of the World's Desire.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:00 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

1. Well, a first idea would be a travel ban by the Roman State for Roman citizens to Italy. 2. And then, if the danger exists, Rome would possibly at least have some people infiltrated there. 3. But the idea is that that the Imperium can react aggressively if its citizens are enslaved.

1. Traveling to Italian cities and such is fine; traveling and hiking in the wilderness or rural areas, or intending to camp... is how you become a slave.

2. By infiltrate, do you mean send investigators to try and infiltrate the slave trade to see how bad it is in Rural Italy?

3. Yeah, understandably; unfortunately, you can't hold the Emperor at fault; blame the Imperial Senate for being incompetent (somewhat). :p

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:00 pm

My participation in this has been sheit.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:01 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Also, I have a feeling that - even if the Italian-Roman Empire does form - the black market underground slave trade and usage of slavery will begin spreading throughout it and the Empire will, even if it tries to avoid it, become the center of the world's black market slave trade. :p

Unlikely :P

The Imperium cracks down hardly on any sort of slavery. The Italian slave owners and traffickers definitively don't want to face the Roman Inquisition.

Then it'll scare them off; maybe they'll form their own slave state in the Malta Islands.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse