NATION

PASSWORD

1870 : Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC][REBOOT]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:27 pm

Seinlo wrote:
The V O I D wrote:
Just feel like a Roman Imperial Italia heavily allied with East-Rome for about threeish centuries now would be in the Roman Tech Group, as putting it under the Europe Tech Group makes no sense according to that continuity and lore.

There are factors other than your alliance, Void.

I know, I'm just saying it doesn't make much sense.

At absolute worst, I'd be in between the ETG and RTG in advanced tech, maybe leaning towards ETG slightly.

Seinlo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:28 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Seinlo wrote:

At absolute worst, I'd be in between the ETG and RTG in advanced tech, maybe leaning towards ETG slightly.

You /are/ very close to Rome, if Trace has agreed with that. It's really up to the OP board, though.
Depression kind of goes along with not being liked, especially when you ask for help, and don't get it. Remember that, okay? There are people who need someone, even if in a small way. Don't avoid them because of a misunderstanding, them having a bad day, and definitely not because everyone else does it. Even if it's just a fifteen minute conversation about nothing, it might help.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:29 pm

Seinlo wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

You /are/ very close to Rome, if Trace has agreed with that. It's really up to the OP board, though.

Thrace and I agreed that East-Rome and Italia have been friends for quite a while, and I even mention this in my history...
...And Thrace is one of the OP Board, pretty sure, so. *Shrug.*

Seinlo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:35 pm

Good night! I hope that everything is figured out, guys ^-^
Depression kind of goes along with not being liked, especially when you ask for help, and don't get it. Remember that, okay? There are people who need someone, even if in a small way. Don't avoid them because of a misunderstanding, them having a bad day, and definitely not because everyone else does it. Even if it's just a fifteen minute conversation about nothing, it might help.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:49 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Not through the Roman straits though. The Imperium keeps a strong check there.

It would be super easy to bypass. They could just be part of the crew that gets beaten and left in Italia.

That yes, but you won't be transporting them as slaves through there. They'd be still free men in those waters.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:50 pm

Sanabel wrote:The Bosporus is still a major human trafficking route, I'm not sure it would be any easier to prevent in 1870. Especially if it is low scale and as simple as smuggling a person or two.

It would be much easier to prevent in a world with a strong empire on its shores, and one that abolished slavery centuries ago. Of course, there would be still human trafficking there, but it won't be easy. And traffickers, if they are caught, are condemned to death.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:55 pm

Elerian wrote:Guidance Name : Islamic Dark Age

Guidance Description : The times following the defeat of the Armies of Mohammed were dark times for the people of the crescent, but they were ultimately not the only ones to suffer, for without their pioneering spirit in the fields of Academia and the steadfast heart of Constantinople standing strong the tides of Knowledge that the upheaval the Armies of Islam would have brought proved to be decimating to the peoples of Europe. As a result of Islam being forced back, the Renaissance never occurred and European Intelligentsia stuttered and faltered falling behind the power of the Imperium Romanum. Europe remained mired in an ignorant Dark Age only eventually making progress after many years. Europe however would remain in the shadow of foreign powers and the continent would be one step behind many parts of the world.

-The Roman Tech Group is considered to be more advanced than the European Tech Group

-The European Tech Group suffers from lack of ingenuity and innovation making them slow to adapt or adopt new ideas meaning that attempts to modernize are also stifled.

Affected Area : Europe

Are you actually making a guidance to make me be better than the West?

It would make sense though, many people have suggested it.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:56 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:I'm indeed quite tempted to take Nepal back.

Like, sorry Trace, but I just might go for it. Even still, you can try to pretend Sassanid is still a thing.

How sad. Now, when you could actually turn Persia into a big power..

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:56 pm

Seinlo wrote:
The V O I D wrote:
Just feel like a Roman Imperial Italia heavily allied with East-Rome for about threeish centuries now would be in the Roman Tech Group, as putting it under the Europe Tech Group makes no sense according to that continuity and lore.

Like maybe a strong cultural bond?

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:57 pm

I certainly wouldn't mind an advanced Rome, and even Oscal suggested it to me in the past.

But I'm not sure what to replace my weaknesses with.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:57 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:I'm indeed quite tempted to take Nepal back.

Like, sorry Trace, but I just might go for it. Even still, you can try to pretend Sassanid is still a thing.

How sad. Now, when you could actually turn Persia into a big power..

I dunno, "Big power" has never really been my thing anyways. I was excited for it, but I feel like I've kinda lost my inspiration for Persica Invicta.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:01 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:How sad. Now, when you could actually turn Persia into a big power..

I dunno, "Big power" has never really been my thing anyways. I was excited for it, but I feel like I've kinda lost my inspiration for Persica Invicta.

Well,it's certainly your choice. But the guidances now are advantaging the Roman technology, and the Persians would profit as a great ancient power that never fell under the shadow of Islam.

But if you want to play Nepal, certainly.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:07 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Seinlo wrote:

Thrace and I agreed that East-Rome and Italia have been friends for quite a while, and I even mention this in my history...

Both you and Novgorod would probably be in between an European tech and the Roman tech, slightly more towards the Roman tech, I'd say.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:07 pm

But after two years of being the technologically backward guy, I still don't believe this.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:09 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Seinlo wrote:

Like maybe a strong cultural bond?

Exactly. I see no reason to not include Italia into the Roman Tech Group, tbh.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:09 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

Both you and Novgorod would probably be in between an European tech and the Roman tech, slightly more towards the Roman tech, I'd say.

Reasonable.

Conchabira
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conchabira » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:13 pm

I had a very busy day today, I'm almost finished with my app and will post it in the morning.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:17 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Both you and Novgorod would probably be in between an European tech and the Roman tech, slightly more towards the Roman tech, I'd say.

Reasonable.

Well, since we would start relations only in the 1600's, Italia would initially also be affected by the lack of a Renaissance, before the knowledge from Constantinople slowly started to spread.

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:20 pm

Trace I need your help with my history.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:21 pm

Togeria wrote:Trace I need your help with my history.

Yes. Well, for a starters, I see a Rome that's not exactly threatened by anyone at that point in history be able to fund an expedition into Brazil sometimes in the 1500's.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:21 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
The V O I D wrote:
Reasonable.

Well, since we would start relations only in the 1600's, Italia would initially also be affected by the lack of a Renaissance, before the knowledge from Constantinople slowly started to spread.

270 years is a lot of time, though. I have almost no doubt that the knowledge has spread and we're at least almost caught up with East-Rome.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:24 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Well, since we would start relations only in the 1600's, Italia would initially also be affected by the lack of a Renaissance, before the knowledge from Constantinople slowly started to spread.

270 years is a lot of time, though. I have almost no doubt that the knowledge has spread and we're at least almost caught up with East-Rome.

That's why I said slightly towards the Roman tech group.

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:24 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Togeria wrote:Trace I need your help with my history.

Yes. Well, for a starters, I see a Rome that's not exactly threatened by anyone at that point in history be able to fund an expedition into Brazil sometimes in the 1500's.

Cool also what do you propose caused Callista to gain independence and what year?
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:25 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

That's why I said slightly towards the Roman tech group.

Yeah. So, while I'm not exactly at the level of East-Rome, tech-wise I'm better off than most European countries not in bed (figuratively and... maybe literally, later on :P ) with Eastern Rome.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:28 pm

Togeria wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Yes. Well, for a starters, I see a Rome that's not exactly threatened by anyone at that point in history be able to fund an expedition into Brazil sometimes in the 1500's.

Cool also what do you propose caused Callista to gain independence and what year?

It depends on when you want. It would be pretty autonomous from the very beginning, it would function similarly to an Exarchy, with one leader that had to respond to the Roman Emperor. Perhaps in the 1700's?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse