NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy OOC III (Fantasy, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Segral » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:14 pm

Student Application

Name: Nicholas Rider
Appearance: Mop of wavy, untidy black hair. Pale complexion, with hazel eyes, long nose, wide mouth, thin lips. Wears wire-frame glasses.
Height: 5'5"|165 cm
Weight: 110 lb|50 kg
House|Element: Solum|Mud

Personality: Nick is like that guy who lurks in the corner drinking at a party. He's incredibly reclusive and quiet, often barely saying anything and when he does speak, it's often not much louder than a whisper. He often tries to communicate through gestures and body language, with little to no avail. Even if you do get him to talk, he's often very cold and frosty, barely meeting your eye and acting very demeaning and almost disinterested in you, like he had perpetual boredom. This is just his social anxiety, and if you become close with him (which is difficult), he will warm up to you. However, he suffers from occasional mood swings whenever he's under extreme stress. These mood swings can be viciously angry, or happy and cheerful. He also resorts to alcohol under extreme stress.

Nick is a genius though, always improvising new solutions on the spot, always having a plan, a backup, and a backup for the backup, and generally having wacky, creative, outside-the-box ideas. He's also smart at academics, always being a top student back in school.

Likes: Alcohol (Particularly rum), cats, Quentin Tarantino movies, Moby, sculpting, silence
Dislikes: Dogs (Cynophobia), pop music, crowds, homophobes
Animal: A cat affectionately named Nago

Bio: Nick was born to two mages in the downtown suburbs of busy New York City, New York. A happening and exciting place for sure, but it was about to get even more exciting.

Nick was born to mages, his mother a water mage but his father an earth mage. However, his mother and father kept their abilities secret from Nick and the rest of the world as they didn't want to place undue hardship on Nick's shoulders. And it worked for a while. Nick was a regular happy kid. His parents had regular jobs as entrepreneurs selling weighted rehab vests online, so they had plenty of time to take care of Nick at home. Nick lived a regular, normal life, but to him, it was even better because of the close bonds his family had.

Unfortunately, middle school became a turbulent and unpleasant period for Nick. Nick, even then was small and physically weak for his age, and kids teased him about this and his emotional sensitivity. As well, middle school was further troubled by new homosexual feelings arising in him, confusing him greatly and adding emotional anguish.

High school was even worse as his sexuality soon became known to many classmates, leaked by some girl who found out. And, while some classmates were generally accepting of his sexuality, some were more...homophobic and took to making his life miserable, through both physical and emotional bullying. In revenge, Nick would pull cruel pranks on these bullies, such as blocking toilets with the pieces of their torn-up homework, stuffing clothing from the lost and found in their backpacks and "reporting" them, and in one circumstance, lighting a fire in a corner of school grounds and hiding a matchbox in the bully's desk.

However, these pranks did nothing to stop the ever-worsening bullying, and Nick soon turned to alcohol abuse, using his wages as a waiter to pay for beer, and, soon, his choice drink of rum. This habit and it's resulting health problems slowly derailed Nick off into the so-called "crazy train". Eventually, it reached it's breaking point when Nick violently attacked the same girl that had spread word about his sexuality with a beer bottle, which resulted in expulsion and a lawsuit against his family. Nick, unable to face his parents after what had happened, ran away from home and lived in his car for three weeks in Manhattan.

However, something good came out of running away. When walking one day through an ally, he splashed a puddle of mud. However, not one drop of mud was splashed on his leg. Curious about this, he walked through the puddle several times only to find that not only did it not touch him, but none even got on his shoe. Now very intrigued, he kept playing around with this puddle, and it turned out he could manipulate mud. Over the three weeks, he continued to secretly hone his powers, making shapes with the mud, throwing it, hardening it, whatever he wanted. Eventually, after three weeks of hobo life, he decided to return home to his parents, who were very upset but happy to see him.

Nick later went to detox for six months, and when he returned home, he became aware of a place called Mana Academy. Suddenly realizing the connection between the academy and his powers, he decided to come clean to his parents. However, it was him who got the surprise as his parents revealed their powers too. After confessions, goodbyes, and plane rides, Nick is here, at Mana Academy.

Theme: Like a Motherless Child - Moby

Short RP Sample: But you know me.
Last edited by Segral on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
yea bro idk

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:42 pm

Segral wrote:Student Application

Name: Nicholas Rider
Appearance: Skinny and slightly underweight. Mop of untidy, wavy black hair, wire-frame glasses, pale complexion, round hazel eyes, long nose, thin lips.
Height: 5'5"|165 cm
Weight: 110 lb|50 kg
House|Element: Solum|Mud
Personality: Nick is a very quiet, shy individual. He prefers to keep to himself, being somewhat of a recluse. He usually doesn't say much, preferring to let his actions do the talking for him. He's also gay, and is afraid people will bully him over his sexual-orientation. He probably would have more friends if he wasn't so shy, often skirting away from conversations, especially with women, and hates to put himself in the spotlight. However, he suffers from occasional mood swings whenever he's under extreme stress. These mood swings can be viciously angry, or happy and cheerful. He also resorts to alcohol under extreme stress.

Nick is a genius though, always improvising new solutions on the spot, always having a plan, a backup, and a backup for the backup, and generally having wacky, creative, outside-the-box ideas. He's also smart at academics, always being a top student back in school, and being a huge trivia buff
Animal: A cat affectionately named Nago
Bio:

Theme: (This is not mandatory, and just helps to set a tone for a character's personality.)

Short RP Sample: But you know me.

Taking a page out of Khas' book here.

Seems like a mix of Shaun, Soleil, and Henry. Seems like an ok outline though. Add some likes and dislikes maybe? Also a bio.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Segral
Ambassador

Postby Segral » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:28 pm

Luminesa wrote:Seems like a mix of Shaun, Soleil, and Henry. Seems like an ok outline though. Add some likes and dislikes maybe? Also a bio.

Hence the WIP.
yea bro idk

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:36 pm

Segral wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Seems like a mix of Shaun, Soleil, and Henry. Seems like an ok outline though. Add some likes and dislikes maybe? Also a bio.

Hence the WIP.

Whoops! Did not see that. XD
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:37 am

Just a heads up.

>Being bullied because he's gay.
>In Mana
>ohshitmysides.jpg

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:29 am

Serah wrote:Just a heads up.

>In Mana
>ohshitmysides.jpg

Allistor is overseas, but so is Henry...Shaun is gay...Catherine is gay...Soleil is straight...Artosh is gay...not sure who I’m missing. But yeah. He won’t have to worry about it.
-Alan Jackson

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:30 am

Luminesa wrote:
Serah wrote:Just a heads up.

>In Mana
>ohshitmysides.jpg

Allistor is overseas, but so is Henry...Shaun is gay...Catherine is gay...Soleil is straight...Artosh is gay...not sure who I’m missing. But yeah. He won’t have to worry about it.

We keel the bigots. Jk.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:58 pm

Student Application

Name: Alphonse Baskerville
Appearance: Him.
Height: 6'1"|1.85m
Weight: 158 pounds|72 Kg
House|Element: Ignis|Fire with Dark Magic. Specializing in the magic his family is known for, he uses a type of Dark Energy that comes from inflicting pain or dominance over individuals. He can mix it with the traditional fire, or use them independently. However, as every Dark Magic has a cost, the more he uses this source of power, the crazier he gets, due to the fact that this variant of Dark Magic tends to inflict more pain.
Personality:

Putting it simply, there are two things in the world that matter to him. Himself and what he wishes. His allies, even his wife, must understand that if they want to have any possible relations with that. Any obstacles are to be destroyed or manipulated in his favor, and moral is just a convention designed to stop his personal growth. Alphonse can pretend to be gentle, even friendly if it helps his objectives, but other than that, he prefers to be secluded with the ones he trust, and in the case of Mana Academy, his wife.
Likes: Himself, his possessions, his family, the studies of Dark Magic, his wife
Dislikes: Disrespect of his authority, defiance, incompetence
Animal: A small, black cat.
Bio:

Alphonse Baskerville, born in the minor House of Baskerville in England, saw his parents using the Dark Magic as a tool, hidden from the eyes of more curious mages. The house was smaller than the other, older and more significant ones in England, but advanced with a ferocity that intrigued the other mages. Their enemies "disappeared" and returned extremely friendly to their ideas and proposals, their allies seemed to follow them with unbreakable faith, and yet, they were the perfect family. Of course, if you looked just at the upper floors of their mansion.

Below, an extensive dungeon showed their true nature: They studied deeply the Dark Arts, extracting energy from the pain they caused through torture to the disappeared ones, be it mages or common humans. However, they always valued something: Discretion. No one was supposed to know about it, and to the outside world, they should be benefactors, people who love the human diversity and how everyone should be equal. Problem is, something went wrong with Alphonse.

From a young age, the boy displayed lack of self control. Killed prisoners instead of doing a careful extraction of the energy, recurred to violence without any necessity, and started to damage the image the family had to the outside world. Time passed, Alphonse got better at hiding his nature, but not his temper.

Sent to the Russian Academy, he met Jadwiga and eventually married for his own personal reasons. She was a skilled mage, willing to follow him, and could give his family a better image than the one he had. From there, he was sent to Mana, in a plan to extend their sphere of influence in America.
Theme: Maybe one day.

Short RP Sample: Y'all know me.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:45 pm

Irhk said "ya'll"...I'm so proud. *Sniff.*
-Alan Jackson

Segral
Ambassador

Postby Segral » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:54 pm

Luminesa wrote:Irhk said "ya'll"...I'm so proud. *Sniff.*

Our little Irkh is growing up.
yea bro idk

Segral
Ambassador

Postby Segral » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:26 pm

Finished my app.
yea bro idk

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:27 am

Sorry for the delay, both Nicholas and Alphonse are accepted!
-Alan Jackson

Segral
Ambassador

Postby Segral » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:54 am

Alrighty then. Any place for me to jump in?
yea bro idk

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Segral wrote:Alrighty then. Any place for me to jump in?

1.) Soleil and Valerie are training on the beach.

2.) Shaun and Dominique are training with Artosh, a teacher.

3.) John, a nurse, is by himself.

4.) Cecily is going to go train Ambrosia in the gym soon.

5.) I think Gywndolyn (Khas I forget how to spell their name) may need some opening interacts.

Some examples of places where you can jump in. If you’ll also gimme a minute I’ll link you the Discord.
-Alan Jackson

Segral
Ambassador

Postby Segral » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:21 pm

Luminesa wrote:

5.) I think Gywndolyn (Khas I forget how to spell their name) may need some opening interacts.

Some examples of places where you can jump in. If you’ll also gimme a minute I’ll link you the Discord.

Think I'll go over to Soleil and Valerie. Post'll be up in a couple hours.
yea bro idk

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:37 pm

Luminesa wrote:

You were just one ‘n’ off. I’d like to interact with Segral if they’re cool with that.
Segral wrote:
Luminesa wrote:1.) Soleil and Valerie are training on the beach.

I’d be happy to interact with you if you’d like. I’m free all night.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:42 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:1.) Soleil and Valerie are training on the beach.

You were just one ‘n’ off. I’d like to interact with Segral if they’re cool with that.
Segral wrote:

I’d be happy to interact with you if you’d like. I’m free all night.

Hm? Sorry, I’m still awake, feel free to hop in.
-Alan Jackson

Frisct the II
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:56 pm

Student Application

Name: Sanja Sigck
Appearance:

Height: (5'4")
Weight: (125 lbs)
House|Element: Ignis| Black Lightning (Void)
Personality: Mysterious and harsh on initial encounters, but slowly opens up given enough time. Sanja is very extroverted in that he can walk up and talk to anyone, but he doesn't like being the center of attention. This could be attributed to his past at the Academy, but it also could be just the way he is.
Likes: Books, experimenting with magic, being with people he can trust, sparring
Dislikes: Irrational decisions, waking up early, being sleepy
Animal: Sanja's familiar is a book covered in locks and chains. Nobody knows what's written on the pages except for himself.
Bio: Sanja comes from an unknown place. No records exist of his birth or parents, seeming like he just came into existence at some point. He seems to be hiding something about his origin, and his familiar seems to be the key to it all, locked away by his own hand so that he can forget it. If one would look into his eyes, they would see flickering shadows in them, the flames of someone on a journey of redemption after an irredeemable act of violence. He possesses an innate talent for the magic he had previously been accustomed to, now deciding to use it for good instead of the irrational violence and bloodshed he used to desire.

Sanja now seeks to build relationships and atone for his sins at Mana Academy, where it all began, and where it will all end.
Theme: Gone by Red

Short RP Sample:
Last edited by Frisct the II on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:50 pm

Frisct the II wrote:Student Application

Name: Sanja Sigck
Appearance:
Height: (5'4")
Weight: (125 lbs)
House|Element: Ignis| Black Lightning (Void)
Personality: Mysterious and harsh on initial encounters, but slowly opens up given enough time. Sanja is very extroverted in that he can walk up and talk to anyone, but he doesn't like being the center of attention. This could be attributed to his past at the Academy, but it also could be just the way he is.
Likes: Books, experimenting with magic, being with people he can trust, sparring
Dislikes: Irrational decisions, waking up early, being sleepy
Animal: Sanja's familiar is a book covered in locks and chains. Nobody knows what's written on the pages except for himself.
Bio: Sanja comes from an unknown place. No records exist of his birth or parents, seeming like he just came into existence at some point. He seems to be hiding something about his origin, and his familiar seems to be the key to it all, locked away by his own hand so that he can forget it. If one would look into his eyes, they would see flickering shadows in them, the flames of someone on a journey of redemption after an irredeemable act of violence. He possesses an innate talent for the magic he had previously been accustomed to, now deciding to use it for good instead of the irrational violence and bloodshed he used to desire.

Sanja now seeks to build relationships and atone for his sins at Mana Academy, where it all began, and where it will all end.
Theme: Gone by Red

Short RP Sample:

Approved! :3
-Alan Jackson

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:11 am

Tag
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:13 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Tag

Eyyyyyyyy I remember you! Welcome!
-Alan Jackson

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:41 am

Luminesa wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Tag

Eyyyyyyyy I remember you! Welcome!

Hi, Thanks for the greeting. working on a app right now.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:43 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Eyyyyyyyy I remember you! Welcome!

Hi, Thanks for the greeting. working on a app right now.

I’ve got a bit of a cold, but once I’m more awake I’ll try to take a look.
-Alan Jackson

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:58 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Hi, Thanks for the greeting. working on a app right now.

I’ve got a bit of a cold, but once I’m more awake I’ll try to take a look.

Well, here it is. Probably did something wrong, but I think I got most of it about right.
Student Application

Name: Edward "Ted" M Tomlinson
Appearance: short brown hair, blue eyes, pale, thin,
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 130 lbs
House|Element: Aquo
Personality: Logical, Intelligent, Quiet, Cynical,
Likes: Books, Video Games, Board Games, Learning (only when he wants too),
Dislikes: Social events, be forced to learn, and wasting time,
Animal: Siberian Husky, Fang
Bio: A orphan boy raised in a orphanage who eventually was adopted by Michelle and Richard Tomlinson. Growing up within a medium wealth home in Alaska he grew off of reading, video games, books, and board games. He also enjoyed learning however he despised school for forcing him to learn. At the age of 10 his parents give him a Siberian Husky, called Fang.

He would be relatively ignored in school keeping to himself. He spent his time relaxing in his life unsure for his future. During a fishing trip with his father being bored he toyed with the water, and did something miraculous and toyed with water manipulation. Ignorant of the world beyond he toys with his new found power without secret.

It wasn't long until the he drew attention to people of the magic world. A mage unknown of his power is a dangerous one, and a risk to those of normal everyday life. So they enforced him to enroll into the Mana Academy. Angry yet curious, Edward was thrusted into the magic world.
Theme:

Short RP Sample: [spoiler=sample]Edward “Ted” Tomlinson
January 11th, 100 AG

Waking up sluggishly and getting out from his primitive bed; Edward scratched into the wall a new day on the “calendar” that lay on the wall of his room. He looks at the calendar a second, considering what he would do with his life, after all his plan was to live out in asylum for as long as possible.
He knew the Imperium to be a industrial menace, one that threatens his existence now that he was immortal. He was hoping that the timespan before the now, and Imperium arriving would be long enough to live a somewhat meaningful existence.
Breaking from his deep thought he goes to his work table in his room and picks up his glasses. He didn't necessarily need his glasses, save for looking far distance and seeing fine details on objects or entities. It was also a mental memento of his previous life. After wishing to see his family after 46 years is likely to be impossible, however he still wished hoping to return home. After all, it was the least he could do, and perhaps would lead to some closure.
After getting his clothes and other equipping other gear such as his sword on he heard a rather excited knock on the door. Opening it he found his friend, the chieftains brother specifically, his name was Ruaraidh MacCullach and he was a good man; A warrior too if need be.
Ruaraidh exclaimed excitedly, “the chieftain wants you to come to his house, saying a important guest wants to see you.”
Edward responds cynically raising a brow, “me? Could you clarify?”
He responds giving no real answer to his question, “he said you wouldn't come if you did.”
Damn Aonghus, he knew if I didn't consider it important I wouldn't come, he thought. This was the chieftains often tactic to prevent Edward from skipping out on important and sometimes normal guests. Regardless one has never requested him, let alone actually came to meet him. This was the first.
“Fine, but he owes me a rather big feast,” Edward grumbles as he follows - Ruaraidh along.
When they approach the house Ruaraidh opened the door for him. A rather friendly gesture, which Edward thanked him in turn. His friend stays behind as he approached the table where the chieftain has his diplomacy and feasts. The table held three people, The Chieftain, Aonghus, at the one of the table ends, his wife to the chieftains left side, and a man that Edward wasn't very familiar with to the chieftains right. Taking the seat next to Cairistìona, the chieftains wife, since he enjoyed sitting next to people he knows.
“Chieftain, you requested me?,” Edward asked as he observed the strange man.
The middle aged man wore a strange garb to Edward, and it was clear he was no tribesman. He had blond hair, and he was clearly a fighter. No doubt could take him on in a fight. Regardless of different appearances they had some similarities their eyes to be specific. They both were blue as the sea.
“Ted, I'd like you to meet the King of the Norse,” said Aonghus.
It alarmed Ted. Several thoughts glistened in his mind from being captured by the Imperium to what does he want to do with him. Edwards keeping his cool was the only thing that kept him from dashing out the door. He decided to hear the man out, and perhaps he'll come to a agreeable outcome.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:23 pm

Looks good! We’re about to move to the next big Arc, so that would be a great time to introduce the character as well! Wait just a moment and I’ll connect you to the Discord.
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse