NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy OOC III (Fantasy, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:17 pm

Serah, Irhk, and Taigawa, I got all three of you for one post. Hope you don't mind. :)
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Vlamistaatti
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlamistaatti » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 pm

Heyo there.

Summer vacation is finally on, yet it is also incredibly boring time so far.

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:36 am

Vlamistaatti wrote:Heyo there.

As it always is, really.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:04 pm

Serah wrote:
Vlamistaatti wrote:Heyo there.

As it always is, really.

Posted! : D
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:43 pm

Charli, posted for Hikari.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Charli, posted for Hikari.
And just when I thought it was time to start covering the furniture. :D

Anyway, awkward misunderstandings are great. Unless they're actually happening to you, in which case they're awkward. (Eye'm a genius! ⑨)

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:56 pm

"to the snow lady. You know. The lady who looks like snow."

NATALIE FOR THE NOBEL PRIZE.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:00 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:"to the snow lady. You know. The lady who looks like snow."

NATALIE FOR GOD-EMPRESS OF THE UNIVERSE 2017

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:03 pm

Charlia wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:"to the snow lady. You know. The lady who looks like snow."

NATALIE FOR GOD-EMPRESS OF THE UNIVERSE 2017

#MakeCheeseGreatAgain

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:06 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Charlia wrote:NATALIE FOR GOD-EMPRESS OF THE UNIVERSE 2017

#MakeCheeseGreatAgain

"We're going to build a wall, and it's going to be made of cheese, and I'm going to eat it!"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Character Application.

Name: Michel Rise

Appearance: Image

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 165lbs

Element: Wind (Natural) / Dark (Affinity) / Light (Capable)

Personality: To a casual observer, Michel Rise is a very lighthearted, goofy, eccentric individual. Given his interest in life and death, his jokes often veer around black humor, and he seems to show no qualms about talking about death. Some of his interests, such as exploring graveyards, haunted houses, and other dangerous places cause for him to be seen as a thrill-seeker (a claim which he will not deny). He is generally cool around most people, and does not lose his temper easily. He also enjoys a good fight, or a good match, and has respect for any opponent who fights fair.

On the dark side, however, Michel has many demons. He can be rash and disrespectful toward those he dislikes, and his taunting can sometimes become quite disturbing. Proud of his accomplishments in his private studies, he is almost-always willing to share his successes with others, almost to the point of arrogance. A blood-knight, he enjoys the sight of tearing apart a hated opponent in battle. Overall, his many bad habits and strange personality often cause for him to be distanced by others, though he does desire to have friends and a family.

Likes: Black humor, horror movies, graveyards, haunted places, battlefields, ghosts, history, ghost-stories, horror fiction, clear nights, winter, fighting, his son Soleil, his parents, Dark Ambient music, and the quiet.

Dislikes: Everyone in Solaine's family, Solaine (for killing him), Blanchefleur, dishonorable opponents, daylight, the beach, romantic comedies, most other Dark Mages, most Noblebloods, the entire International Committee, Mercillia Abendroth, Joachim Von Kressel, dressing formally for any event ever, and EDM/Electronica.

Goals: He desires to be reunited with his son, Soleil, to protect the children of the Rise family, to kill Blanchefleur, and ultimately to reform the International Committee.

Alignment: Whichever side Soleil is on.

Animal companion or familiar: None.

Bio: The only son of a common family from Paris, Michel emerged early in life as a bright and brilliant student-Mage. A student at the Lycee Magique who was accepted solely for his talent, he held the top grades in his class in both Magical Combat and Magical History (his favorite class). He refused to participate in the International Student-Mage Tournament during his tenure, however, due to his dislike for the Committee's policies at the time. He also set himself apart as being a rather odd, private individual. Stories of some experiments he liked to perform on himself spread around the school, and by his senior-year he was considered "mad" by many of his classmates. Graduating at the top of his class, however, he was celebrated as one of the best Mages of his generation.

At the age of 18, he went on to marry Solaine Rise, whom he met when she was traveling through the city. He fell in love with her, and she fell in love with him, much to the dismay of her entire family. The dislike was mutual, as Michel found most of Solaine's family snobby and brutish. Nevertheless, he loved his wife, and wanted badly to raise a family with her. However, as he witnessed her own disturbing use of forbidden Dark Magic, he realized that her family had indeed corrupted her, and he feared for the future of himself and his wife. When he was 20, he secretly applied to become a Jaegar, hoping to draw their attention to House Rise's actions, especially against minor Houses throughout Europe.

When he was 24, 2 years after the death of his first child, his son Soleil was born, and Michel watched with horror as his wife slowly turned from joyous to cold toward her son. Understanding that House Rise was forcing her to deny her son love, in order to make him into a Dark Mage, he worked secretly for years to protect his son, should that frightful day come that his son had to begin training to be a Dark Mage. Then, when Soleil was 4, Solaine sealed within him the souls of Five Magical Emperors-Dark Mages whose power during their times had been unrivaled by any other Mages-and the soul of his first child, Lumiere. Horrified, Michel used the event to begin a secret gambit to protect Soleil. Knowing that his wife would soon discover his secret work as a Jaegar, after warning the Jaegars of a disturbance within Solaine's castle, he revealed himself as a Jaegar to Solaine. His wife then proceeded to fight him, and Michel allowed her to seemingly kill him. The Jaegars arrived too late to save him.

However, the Jaegars became more aware, then, of the dangers that were stirring within House Rise, and placed more attention on the Dark Mages throughout Europe. In the meantime, Michel seemingly laid to rest for 14 years. Yet his Magic, which seemingly lived even after he met his death, is now stirring somewhere beneath the Jaegar mausoleum of Klingefell, Germany.

Theme: "Tom Sawyer" by Rush

Did you read the rules?: Meep meep, I'm a sheep.
Last edited by Luminesa on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:44 pm

Rhooooooooom you came back last night, where are youuuuuuu?
-Alan Jackson

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:04 am

Hi guys, been a while. Dunno if I'll return, life has been enjoying screwing me over lately. Thought I would say hi either way. If I do return, it'll be with a new character. Who knows if that'll happen but whatever.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:07 am

Atlannia wrote:
Charlia wrote:Manafest though.

You've lost me, not for the first time though.

Anyhoom, the app's done except for the appearance, which will take a bit longer, while I'm working on it I can easily fix up any issues with the rest of this stuff though.

Student Application

Name: Jade O'Hara
Appearance: WiP
Height: 155cm
Weight: 48kg
House|Element: Ignis|Jade has some knowledge of basic air and fire techniques, but her specialty is combining air and fire to produce smoke, manipulating it, forming constructs and changing its composition.

Personality: Restless and hyper competitive, Jade hates sitting still seems to have boundless energy. She has trouble focusing on one thing for extended periods of time and would rather juggle two or three tasks at once. Despite seeming scatter brained, Jade displays no trouble juggling multiple, complex problems and is surprisingly perceptive, abruptly circling back to an earlier issue or bringing up a detail most people would have missed as soon as people start to write her off as not paying attention. That being said Jade's eagerness for energy makes her reckless and impulsive, her training has been shallow in some areas and she lacks the ability to properly evaluate how challenges match up to her skills. Jade's energy and enthusiasm tend to be infectious, she makes friends easily and is often an instigator who carries others along with her antics. However some people find her inability to give them her full attention infuriating and she struggles with true intimacy, often diverting or distracting people when they try to push past her exterior, while Jade doesn't mind other people relying on her fundamentally she has a problem trusting others. Jade has an uncomplicated sense of morality, she distrusts authority and cares little for quaint notions like tradition, or laws but she does have a strong sense of right and wrong and the tendency to stick her nose into situations and try and correct what she sees as injustice.

Likes: physical activity, especially free running and gymnastics, multi tasking, competition, self improvement, attention, breaking boundaries
Dislikes: sitting still or wasting time, being patronized or looked down, rules and authority figures
Animal: Kuro, an inugami

Bio: Jade was born to the Kurogami, a vassal clan to one of the most powerful noble families in Japan, the Kurogami were assassins and spies, seving their masters from the shadows and Jade's mother was on of their most promising young members, although Jade never knew any of this. Jade's mother grew disillusioned with her life of violence and deception and wanted more for her daughter, she defected from the clan and fled to England where she met Jade's father and settled down into a quiet life. Jade was born not long after and grew up a happy, if extremely rambunctious child with a taste for gymnastics. However when Jade was six her parents were killed in a car accident. Investigators had trouble piecing together what exactly had happened, the angle and the sudden acceleration of the car involved seemed impossible, but there was no evidence of any other explanation.

With no other relatives in England, Jade entered the foster care system and did poorly. School didn't capture her attention and without the hobbies her parents had encouraged her to take up her restless energy and frustration started to manifest as poor behavior and anger. She got into fights, argued endlessly with teachers and became interested in graffiti, using her natural athleticism to tag all kinds of dangerous spots and avoid police. By age 13 she had already been expelled once and was staring down the battle of her second when a new presence entered her life. He was just waiting for her outside of school, an elderly Japanese man in nice suit who introduced himself as Seizen Kurogami, her grandfather. Other dinner Seizen patiently explained that she was a descendant of an ancient clan of mages, that her parents hadn't died in a car accident but had been murdered and that she needed to come with him and develop her latent abilities. Jade agreed on one condition, that he make her strong enough to kill the bastard that murdered her parents.

And that was that, Jade got on a plane to Japan and started training under her grandfather. Jade turned out have a knack for the Kurogami's traditional smoke magic and when properly motivated she was a fast learner. Maybe too fast. As Jade's progressed she began to grow increasingly irritated with the slow pace and with her grandfather's insistence on subjects like the history of the Kurogami and the laws and customs of the magical world, subjects Jade viewed as entirely superfluous. Things came to a head on Jade's seventeenth birthday, which was full of lectures in lieu of celebrations, Jade probably wouldn't have minded if the topic was something interesting instead of Kurokami genealogy, eventually she got up and stormed out of the room, declaring her intention to track down the killer herself. When her Grandfather explained that she was far too weak to bring him down in her current state Jade lashed out and they ended up fighting.

The fight didn't last long, although Jade's week long hospital visit certainly did. The fight opened Jade's eyes to how much more she needed to grow but it also widened the rift between her and her grandfather. Both parties agreed that Jade studying with her Grandfather was no longer possible viable. Mana Academy presented itself as an agreeable alternative to both parties, Seizen was mollified by the school's excellent, longstanding reputation and Jade was happy with anywhere far away from the stifling atmosphere of the Kurogami compound. The clan reached out and secured her admission.

Theme: Casual, battle
Short RP Sample: boop

I have no fancy acceptation gifs here, but I see no problems with this app. Any doubts on the Lore, just ask to the Co-OPs.

Other than that, accepted!

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:09 am

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:54 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:Hi guys, been a while. Dunno if I'll return, life has been enjoying screwing me over lately. Thought I would say hi either way. If I do return, it'll be with a new character. Who knows if that'll happen but whatever.

Hey! We're always happy to have you back! :hug:
-Alan Jackson

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:09 am

Has anyone used sound as an element already / can I?

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:27 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:Has anyone used sound as an element already / can I?

Hailey Winters, Chrome's character uses it. I don't see why you can't use it though, I don't remember her saying that it was a particular element of a bloodline, so... Go ahead.

Vlamistaatti
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlamistaatti » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:59 am

Hello, hello.

Soo-o. What exactly is the current setting in RP? Been off for quite a lengthy time, so I've pretty much no idea what's happening.

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:03 am

Vlamistaatti wrote:Hello, hello.

Soo-o. What exactly is the current setting in RP? Been off for quite a lengthy time, so I've pretty much no idea what's happening.

Depends on which thread you're talking about but generally so, we're at a damage assessment stage.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:33 am

Vlamistaatti wrote:Hello, hello.

Right now, in the main thread, everyone is on the Academy-grounds. Now would be a good time to jump in with Hedeon! He could meet with Valerie and Catherine in the woods. ^w^
-Alan Jackson

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:19 am

DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:40 am

Sonitusia wrote:(Image)

Hallo! : D
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:36 am

Cheese.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:39 am

-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse