NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy OOC III (Fantasy, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saskisdi
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

tag

Postby Saskisdi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:35 am

Hiya Lumi! It's been a while, good to see you!
This is still the active OOC thread, right? The IC seems pretty active, but this hasn't been posted to in a while.
Last edited by Saskisdi on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:17 pm

Saskisdi wrote:Hiya Lumi! It's been a while, good to see you!
This is still the active OOC thread, right? The IC seems pretty active, but this hasn't been posted to in a while.

Yep! We just talk a lot in Discord. Welcome! Good to see you too! :hug:
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Saskisdi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Saskisdi » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:04 am

Luminesa wrote:
Saskisdi wrote:Hiya Lumi! It's been a while, good to see you!

Yep! We just talk a lot in Discord. Welcome! Good to see you too! :hug:

:hug:
So I looked over the lore, and this looks like a kind of Harry Potter meets AtLA thing? I love the idea, and to be honest I even considered doing something with it on my own back in the day. I'll get my app up sometime soon.

One thing, though: there are over 400 pages of posts, and if Holy High gave any indication, what you don't know can hurt you in RPs. Are there any major events I should know about from earlier in the RP?
Last edited by Saskisdi on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:35 am

Saskisdi wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Yep! We just talk a lot in Discord. Welcome! Good to see you too! :hug:

:hug:
So I looked over the lore, and this looks like a kind of Harry Potter meets AtLA thing? I love the idea, and to be honest I even considered doing something with it on my own back in the day. I'll get my app up sometime soon.

One thing, though: there are over 400 pages of posts, and if Holy High gave any indication, what you don't know can hurt you in RPs. Are there any major events I should know about from earlier in the RP?

We’ve moved a fair bit from the Harry Potter concept, but we’re definitely magical!

Oh boy I’ll have to TG you a list after class. If you’ll TG me this afternoon I’ll get you a short list of some important background.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Saskisdi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Hey wow look at that I finally got my application in

Postby Saskisdi » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:26 am

Student Application

Name: Lucas Holden
Appearance:

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 125 lbs
House|Element: Aquo|Botany (shows no obvious innate magical ability, but works very well with magical flora, often using their mana through tools as a substitute for his own)
Personality: Lucas is kind of nerdy, and often prefers to keep to himself rather than hang out with others. However, in stark contrast, when he is social he is extremely outgoing and friendly, and it's often hard for others to reconcile the kind of person he is around others with the person he is while alone. He generally likes people, and has a tendency to forget past conflicts and take people only as they are at that moment. Some might call it naivete, he calls it "thinking the best of people".
Likes: Plants, wildlife, daydreaming, coming up with ideas (whether they're practical or not is irrelevant), interacting with people.
Dislikes: People harming nature, misunderstandings, grudges, people belittling him.
Animal: Mole
Bio: (I'm not super happy with the writing quality here, but it works, I guess.)
Lucas was raised in a small dead-end farming town in Illinois. It was one of those places where no one really visits and no one really leaves, so they had their fair share of isolation. This was good, considering the entire town was populated by water mages. No one outside the town ever questioned the prosperity that came from this, since they didn't ever show it in any of the buildings or houses. They were rich, but they were more than content with what they had. All anyone ever saw was a town that was barely worth mentioning on a map, with buildings that were a little bit better-kept than usual.
Lucas was never very good with magic. Despite his parents' constant attempts at teaching him, and the best efforts of the town Magus (his grandmother), he was never able to learn even the basics of water magic. He has the capacity to use mana, that much they knew, but he just couldn't quite grasp it. People just assumed he was lazy or stupid. After a few years, he stopped arguing.
However, the town wouldn't stay hidden from the world for long. See, even though he wasn't able to learn magic, he always had a knack for working with plants when he was growing up, much more than even the most experienced farmers in town. He knew intuitively when precisely to plant their crops, when to harvest, and when to use magic to accelerate their growth. No one wanted to listen to the magicless kid tell them how to use magic, of course, so he just decided to keep to himself most of the time, tinkering with different crops and experimenting with their magic. He knew in his heart that all plants, no matter how mundane, were just as magical as man, and pursued that idea with little projects.
However, since no one would help him, he didn't know when to stop. One summer day, Lucas, in a spark of boredom-induced creativity, accidentally imbued a small acorn with mana. Nothing appeared to happen, so he just tossed it into the grassland. However, the next morning, the town awoke to the sight of an absolutely massive oak, reaching several hundred feet into the sky. People definitely noticed the town then.
Knowledge of the incident was forced into obscurity a few weeks later, though Lucas never learned how, and he received an invitation from the Academy soon after.
Theme: Haiku (Starbound OST)
Short RP Sample: Does it have to be specifically related to this RP? Because if not, then this is probably my best recent one.
Last edited by Saskisdi on Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:12 pm

I like it, and welcome to Mana Lucas! (Transferring from Holy High, lol.) Though I think given his Botany background, he might be better as an Earth Mage. Roommate for Shaun and Oliver?
-Alan Jackson

Saskisdi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Saskisdi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:27 am

Luminesa wrote:I like it, and welcome to Mana Lucas! (Transferring from Holy High, lol.) Though I think given his Botany background, he might be better as an Earth Mage. Roommate for Shaun and Oliver?

Thanks! And while Earth might be better for his background, based purely on his personality (and his family) I figured he'd be better fit for Aquo. But whatever you want is fine.

How and when should I introduce Lucas into the story? Is there a good time, or should he just show up randomly?
Last edited by Saskisdi on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:07 am

Saskisdi wrote:
Luminesa wrote:I like it, and welcome to Mana Lucas! (Transferring from Holy High, lol.) Though I think given his Botany background, he might be better as an Earth Mage. Roommate for Shaun and Oliver?

Thanks! And while Earth might be better for his background, based purely on his personality (and his family) I figured he'd be better fit for Aquo. But whatever you want is fine.

How and when should I introduce Lucas into the story? Is there a good time, or should he just show up randomly?

Sorry for not seeing this! He can show-up now, maybe talk to Oliver or Ambrosia or someone.
-Alan Jackson

Saskisdi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Saskisdi » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:26 am

Luminesa wrote:
Saskisdi wrote:Thanks! And while Earth might be better for his background, based purely on his personality (and his family) I figured he'd be better fit for Aquo. But whatever you want is fine.

Sorry for not seeing this! He can show-up now, maybe talk to Oliver or Ambrosia or someone.

Sorry for not seeing this. :?

So I'm guessing the implication is that he's been attending the academy this whole time, it's just that no one really noticed him until now?
Last edited by Saskisdi on Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:57 pm

Saskisdi wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Sorry for not seeing this! He can show-up now, maybe talk to Oliver or Ambrosia or someone.

Sorry for not seeing this. :?

So I'm guessing the implication is that he's been attending the academy this whole time, it's just that no one really noticed him until now?

¡Si señor!
-Alan Jackson

Wiland Noria
Secretary

Founded: Mar 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiland Noria » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:39 pm

Student Application

Name: Cleo Sola
Appearance: Grey-blue eyes, pale skin, and very short black hair. She wears a navy blue hoodie, black leggings, and ice blue high tops.
Height: (Imperial|Metric) 4'7 for imperial, but I don't really know how to do metric height
Weight: About 84 pounds for imperial, but I don't know what the metric equivalent would be
House|Element: Aquo House
Personality: She loves to swim, particularly in the ocean, and she has a very cheerleader-like attitude. She tries to stay positive, and to cheer others up when they're feeling down. She can be annoying sometimes, and she gets overexcited a lot. She tends to overreact to problems, and she panics when she thinks she won't have time to do schoolwork, as she likes to keep her grades as high as she can(Which is normally an 80 or 90). She forgets things easily, but she tries her best to remember important things, like test days. When she has to choose between doing her work and having fun, she almost always picks having fun, which often causes her to have to rush to finish assignments.
Likes: Swimming, partying, cheering others up, being the center of attention
Dislikes: Sharks, heights, cats
Animal: A Labrador Retriever puppy named Blue
Bio: Cleo used to live on a farm with her family, which included her parents and siblings, but also her aunt and uncle, three cousins, and grandparents. A lot of the time, she avoided doing her chores so she could play with the family dog, an old Australian Kelpie named Clay. When Cleo was 11, Clay died, and she was hearbroken. She went up to the barn loft so she could be alone nearly every day. A few months after, she finally got over Clay's death and started doing her work. Her parents decided to move away from the farm, and left to live a city by the sea. Cleo was a bit scared of the sea at first, but after a few months, she loved it. When she was 13, her parents got a divorce, and her father moved away. Cleo started going down to the beach more often. Her mother started working a lot more, and she left Cleo and her siblings alone a lot. Cleo's older sister, Hazel, started taking care of her and her younger brother. A few days before she turned 14, Cleo realized that she had water powers, and she decided to enroll at Mana Academy.
Theme: None

Short RP Sample: Cleo looked down at the swirling sea. She was perched on a rock, holding on to the side. She closed her eyes and breathed slowly. There's nothing to worry about, I'll be fine! She thought.Hopefully. She let go of her grip on the rock, and dropped into the sea. The current pushed her back towards the shore, but she pushed against it, struggling to get to the open sea. All right, I can do this. Just fight the current, and I'll get there. Cleo knew she could use her powers to make the current change, but she wanted to see if the could do it on her own. Suddenly, a wave pushed her back to the shore, near where she had started. She slapped her hand against the water in her frustration. Ugh, WHY can't I get to open water on my own? I don't want to have to ALWAYS use my powers JUST to GET there! She stood up and headed back toward the rock, determined to succeed.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:47 am

Wiland Noria wrote:Student Application

Appearance: Grey-blue eyes, pale skin, and very short black hair. She wears a navy blue hoodie, black leggings, and ice blue high tops.
Height: (Imperial|Metric) 4'7 for imperial, but I don't really know how to do metric height
Weight: About 84 pounds for imperial, but I don't know what the metric equivalent would be
Personality: She loves to swim, particularly in the ocean, and she has a very cheerleader-like attitude. She tries to stay positive, and to cheer others up when they're feeling down. She can be annoying sometimes, and she gets overexcited a lot. She tends to overreact to problems, and she panics when she thinks she won't have time to do schoolwork, as she likes to keep her grades as high as she can(Which is normally an 80 or 90). She forgets things easily, but she tries her best to remember important things, like test days. When she has to choose between doing her work and having fun, she almost always picks having fun, which often causes her to have to rush to finish assignments.
Bio: Cleo used to live on a farm with her family, which included her parents and siblings, but also her aunt and uncle, three cousins, and grandparents. A lot of the time, she avoided doing her chores so she could play with the family dog, an old Australian Kelpie named Clay. When Cleo was 11, Clay died, and she was hearbroken. She went up to the barn loft so she could be alone nearly every day. A few months after, she finally got over Clay's death and started doing her work. Her parents decided to move away from the farm, and left to live a city by the sea. Cleo was a bit scared of the sea at first, but after a few months, she loved it. When she was 13, her parents got a divorce, and her father moved away. Cleo started going down to the beach more often. Her mother started working a lot more, and she left Cleo and her siblings alone a lot. Cleo's older sister, Hazel, started taking care of her and her younger brother. A few days before she turned 14, Cleo realized that she had water powers, and she decided to enroll at Mana Academy.

Short RP Sample: Cleo looked down at the swirling sea. She was perched on a rock, holding on to the side. She closed her eyes and breathed slowly. There's nothing to worry about, I'll be fine! She thought.Hopefully. She let go of her grip on the rock, and dropped into the sea. The current pushed her back towards the shore, but she pushed against it, struggling to get to the open sea. All right, I can do this. Just fight the current, and I'll get there. Cleo knew she could use her powers to make the current change, but she wanted to see if the could do it on her own. Suddenly, a wave pushed her back to the shore, near where she had started. She slapped her hand against the water in her frustration. Ugh, WHY can't I get to open water on my own? I don't want to have to ALWAYS use my powers JUST to GET there! She stood up and headed back toward the rock, determined to succeed.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=463887

We moved to this OOC.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:15 am

Wiland Noria wrote:Student Application

Accepted! Welcome aboard, and cute app! I hope you’ll come stay for a while! :)
-Alan Jackson

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse