NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy OOC III (Fantasy, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater Meme Land
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Meme Land » Thu May 17, 2018 7:13 am

Umm... do I want to join this? I guess so. Tag

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu May 17, 2018 7:31 am

Make an App and let me see it! ^w^
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:12 am

*pulls out and loads a gun*
*shoots the gun off at a wall*
*the bullet gets stuck in the ball*
*the bullet is actually something else*
*the bullet is actually a tag*
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat May 19, 2018 12:40 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:*pulls out and loads a gun*
*shoots the gun off at a wall*
*the bullet gets stuck in the ball*
*the bullet is actually something else*
*the bullet is actually a tag*

Darn it WE ARE TRYING TO AVOID ANYMORE PROPERTY DAMAGE!

Make sure to app! ^w^
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:11 pm

Student Application

Name: Iris Shields
Appearance: Image
Height: 5’11|175 cm
Weight: 143 lbs|64 kilograms
House|Element: Venta| Iris uses wind magic, the magic of her house, though she her magic is also heavily affected by her emotions at any given time. While she can control the effects of her magic, they are mostly governed by her current mood.
Happy: The default setting, a warm wind that seems to have minor life giving effects, bringing back wilting plants from the brink of death, though it can’t heal wounds or anything. This magic is most affected by earth.
Angry: When Iris is brought to anger, depending on just how mad she is, the temperature of her wind will increase. If she is particularly furious, her wind can get hot enough to boil Bromine, granted Bromine has the lowest boiling point. This magic is most affected by fire.
Sad: The rarest setting, as while Iris can cry easily from being startled, she is very rarely sad. This turns her wind really, really cold, cold enough to match her brothers water magic temperature. This magic is most affect by water.
Frightened: When Iris is incredibly frightened, her wind magic goes out of control and starts creating strong enough gales to knock somebody off their feet. You can guess what this magic is most affected by.

Personality: Iris is your typical Venta: energetic, carefree, sport loving, and possibly ADHD. She is also incredibly kind, sweet, and more innocent than a box full of fluffy kittens. She is almost overly happy and incredibly fun loving. She is athletic, and most of all, she is incredibly hyperactive. While she may be for the most part generally optimistic, cheerful, and overall happy, she can have quite the temper, and can have pretty large mood swings, and is incredibly emotional, so much so that her magic, while mainly wind, can’t seem to make up its mind about just being one element.
Likes: Sports, having fun, animals, sweet things (like she needs anymore sugar), cute things.
Dislikes: Sitting still, studying, staying inside on a nice day, boring people, sour food.
Animal: Alaskan Malamute: This breed of dog is known to be very energetic, and friendly, the perfect kind of dog for a girl like Iris.
Bio: Born to a common blood family, living in a small home with her brother Elias, and her two parents. Iris was always the more energetic, playful of the two siblings, and Elias was always stoic, and serious, and far more interested in books than going outside. While Iris and Elias were close as children, they grew further apart over time. By the time Elias was admitted to the Aquo house, they barely spoke due to their distance, a distance inflicted by conflicting personalities and interests. Two years after Elias was admitted to the academy, Iris was admitted to the House Venta, where she developed skill with wind magic. That’s pretty much where we are now.
Theme: (This is not mandatory, and just helps to set a tone for a character's personality.)

Short RP Sample: Check the Dance of Chaos IC forum.

Student Application

Name: Elias Shields
Appearance: Image
Height: 6’2|188 cm
Weight: 163 lbs|73 Kilograms
House|Element: Aquo| Elias uses water magic, though his particular tehchnique is rather interesting, with his water commonly being nearly 100 degrees below freezing point. He manipulates ice to form weapons in order to fight, and well as freeze his opponents.
Personality: Elias is cold, aloof, and short tempered. He is an introvert and a bookworm, completely differing from his sister in personality. Elias has a hatred for loud noise and over the top people. He is also a scholar, dedicating himself to learning above all else.
Likes: Reading, learning, quiet, having intellectual conversation.
Dislikes: Loud noise, sports, being lazy, doing anything that he considers pointless.
Animal: Ferret: Ferrets are nocturnal creatures, and sleep most of the time. TTe perfect pet for the kind of guy who doesn’t have the time to watch over a pet during the day.
Bio: (Basically the same as Iris’. I’ll ad it in detail if your really want, but it’s basically the same thing.)
Theme: (This is not mandatory, and just helps to set a tone for a character's personality.)

Short RP Sample: (Same as first app)

I did two apps because I had two separate ideas for the same character, so I just made them both and made them brother and sister. If you only accept one, then I’d prefer it to be the top one, but whichever you prefer if you accept either of them. Also sorry if the weight and height looks a little odd, I’m kinda unfamiliar with metric units because I live in the U.S. of A. and am generally unfamiliar with what units are used to measure height and weight.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Wed May 23, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun May 20, 2018 6:31 am

I think we found a friend for Ambrosia in Iris. XD

Accepted! It’s a good thing we finally got another Venta, and another Aquo!

I’ll TG you with a full explanation of where we’re at once I get back from church, so you can hop into the second part of the Quarterly Exam. (We’re in the middle of exams.) If you wish to post (which I assume you do), assume your character has already performed the first part of the exam, which was a written test. Saleon can also give you a rundown of which groups have which people, and where you’d be able to jump into the RP from here, so TG them as well for information. Thank you! :3
-Alan Jackson

Volcanu
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Volcanu » Wed May 23, 2018 3:58 pm

Can I make my character be a custom species
Volcanu is a highly volcanic nation.

F is for fire that burns down the whole town
U is for uranium... BOMBS!
N is for no survivors

Member of Greater Olympus- A realistic region with an original and detailed map, with a fun RP community. Come check us out.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:00 pm

While I have no right to answer this, I believe that the answer is no. All characters are human.

Without further ado:

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed May 23, 2018 4:59 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:While I have no right to answer this, I believe that the answer is no. All characters are human.

Well, Ambrosia is a vampire and we have two Dark Mana Beings as teachers, so this isn’t COMPLETELY accurate. Plus Valerie is undead. But your character needs to be human or humanoid and able to use magic.
-Alan Jackson

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:22 pm

Also my characters magic abilities are just... stupid. I wrote them in AFTER the personality, and upon reading about the houses, I modeled my characters abilities based on that. Therefore I ended up with a carefree overly happy Venta, who could use fire partially because she had a slight temper, and a stone cold serious Aquo, who uses water so cold it becomes ice because he is so cold and detached. I just now realized this rereading my apps.

Without further ado:

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed May 23, 2018 8:20 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:Also my characters magic abilities are just... stupid. I wrote them in AFTER the personality, and upon reading about the houses, I modeled my characters abilities based on that. Therefore I ended up with a carefree overly happy Venta, who could use fire partially because she had a slight temper, and a stone cold serious Aquo, who uses water so cold it becomes ice because he is so cold and detached. I just now realized this rereading my apps.

They’re not stupid, just tweak them a little. Elias’s is fine, you could have Iris’s ability to use wind be based on her happy or excited mood. If she is sad or frustrated she struggles to use her powers, maybe? Empathic powers are definitely not something we have 100% from any character here.

Don’t beat yourself down! You’re doing good so far! :hug:
-Alan Jackson

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:Also my characters magic abilities are just... stupid. I wrote them in AFTER the personality, and upon reading about the houses, I modeled my characters abilities based on that. Therefore I ended up with a carefree overly happy Venta, who could use fire partially because she had a slight temper, and a stone cold serious Aquo, who uses water so cold it becomes ice because he is so cold and detached. I just now realized this rereading my apps.

They’re not stupid, just tweak them a little. Elias’s is fine, you could have Iris’s ability to use wind be based on her happy or excited mood. If she is sad or frustrated she struggles to use her powers, maybe? Empathic powers are definitely not something we have 100% from any character here.

How in the world are you so positive?

Without further ado:

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed May 23, 2018 9:21 pm

Volcanu wrote:Can I make my character be a custom species

If you are thinking a scorpion, no.

Most, if not all, characters here are human. They might be undead, vampires, even liches, but all of them are human.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:23 pm

Oh, so you figured out he’d probably try to make his character a scorpion too?
It’s seems like this guy is obsessed with nukes and scorpions.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Wed May 23, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Without further ado:

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed May 23, 2018 9:26 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Luminesa wrote:They’re not stupid, just tweak them a little. Elias’s is fine, you could have Iris’s ability to use wind be based on her happy or excited mood. If she is sad or frustrated she struggles to use her powers, maybe? Empathic powers are definitely not something we have 100% from any character here.

Being as positive as I can be everyday and trying to be kind to others. Plus I’m going to be a teacher. Positive reinforcement is the way to go! : D
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed May 23, 2018 9:27 pm

Right. Please no nukes. Or scorpions. Or nuclear scorpions. Please app as something humanoid or human.
-Alan Jackson

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:30 pm

Also I changed Iris’ magic around, but I think it might be too much. You mind confirming or denying that for me?

Without further ado:

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed May 23, 2018 9:34 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:Also I changed Iris’ magic around, but I think it might be too much. You mind confirming or denying that for me?

Can I see a copy of the modified App?
-Alan Jackson

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:35 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:Student Application

Appearance: (Image)
House|Element: Venta| Iris uses wind magic, the magic of her house, though she her magic is also heavily affected by her emotions at any given time. While she can control the effects of her magic, they are mostly governed by her current mood.
Happy: The default setting, a warm wind that seems to have minor life giving effects, bringing back wilting plants from the brink of death, though it can’t heal wounds or anything. This magic is most affected by earth.
Angry: When Iris is brought to anger, depending on just how mad she is, the temperature of her wind will increase. If she is particularly furious, her wind can get hot enough to boil Bromine, granted Bromine has the lowest boiling point. This magic is most affected by fire.
Sad: The rarest setting, as while Iris can cry easily from being startled, she is very rarely sad. This turns her wind really, really cold, cold enough to match her brothers water magic temperature. This magic is most affect by water.
Frightened: When Iris is incredibly frightened, her wind magic goes out of control and starts creating strong enough gales to knock somebody off their feet. You can guess what this magic is most affected by.

Personality: Iris is your typical Venta: energetic, carefree, sport loving, and possibly ADHD. She is also incredibly kind, sweet, and more innocent than a box full of fluffy kittens. She is almost overly happy and incredibly fun loving. She is athletic, and most of all, she is incredibly hyperactive. While she may be for the most part generally optimistic, cheerful, and overall happy, she can have quite the temper, and can have pretty large mood swings, and is incredibly emotional, so much so that her magic, while mainly wind, can’t seem to make up its mind about just being one element.
Likes: Sports, having fun, animals, sweet things (like she needs anymore sugar), cute things.
Dislikes: Sitting still, studying, staying inside on a nice day, boring people, sour food.
Animal: Alaskan Malamute: This breed of dog is known to be very energetic, and friendly, the perfect kind of dog for a girl like Iris.
Bio: Born to a common blood family, living in a small home with her brother Elias, and her two parents. Iris was always the more energetic, playful of the two siblings, and Elias was always stoic, and serious, and far more interested in books than going outside. While Iris and Elias were close as children, they grew further apart over time. By the time Elias was admitted to the Aquo house, they barely spoke due to their distance, a distance inflicted by conflicting personalities and interests. Two years after Elias was admitted to the academy, Iris was admitted to the House Venta, where she developed skill with wind magic. That’s pretty much where we are now.

Student Application

House|Element: Aquo| Elias uses water magic, though his particular tehchnique is rather interesting, with his water commonly being nearly 100 degrees below freezing point. He manipulates ice to form weapons in order to fight, and well as freeze his opponents.
Personality: Elias is cold, aloof, and short tempered. He is an introvert and a bookworm, completely differing from his sister in personality. Elias has a hatred for loud noise and over the top people. He is also a scholar, dedicating himself to learning above all else.
Dislikes: Loud noise, sports, being lazy, doing anything that he considers pointless.
Animal: Ferret: Ferrets are nocturnal creatures, and sleep most of the time. TTe perfect pet for the kind of guy who doesn’t have the time to watch over a pet during the day.
Bio: (Basically the same as Iris’. I’ll ad it in detail if your really want, but it’s basically the same thing.)

I did two apps because I had two separate ideas for the same character, so I just made them both and made them brother and sister. If you only accept one, then I’d prefer it to be the top one, but whichever you prefer if you accept either of them. Also sorry if the weight and height looks a little odd, I’m kinda unfamiliar with metric units because I live in the U.S. of A. and am generally unfamiliar with what units are used to measure height and weight.

Without further ado:

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed May 23, 2018 11:41 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Luminesa wrote:They’re not stupid, just tweak them a little. Elias’s is fine, you could have Iris’s ability to use wind be based on her happy or excited mood. If she is sad or frustrated she struggles to use her powers, maybe? Empathic powers are definitely not something we have 100% from any character here.

person of indeterminate gender, you don't know lumi yet. If you did, this statement would be silli.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu May 24, 2018 5:29 am

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:Student Application

Student Application

This looks great! Now make sure to get some posts up! Ambrosia was just speaking to Elias, and we need people to speak to Iris! :3
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon May 28, 2018 12:43 pm

Haedros, please post when you can so every group can move forward! Thanks!

Basically, follow the instructions in the IC as Saleon wrote them, and you can have Iris help her team get started. Also, have Elias join in the current action in his group! Ambrosia can’t do anything until you have Elias also stir the cake around.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon May 28, 2018 1:02 pm

For Test 3, we will all pick a number from 1-16. Once a number is taken it can’t be used again. Pick a number 1-16, and remember your number. You’ll have your student-characters pick that same number when Cecily asks for the third exam.

I pick 5 for Soleil and 8 for Ambrosia!

Please put a number down for each of your characters.

NOTE: If you give your number in Discord also post it in the OOC.

NOTE: BECAUSE SOME OF YA’LL ARE LAZY I’LL JUST POST A RUNNING LIST HERE.

Oliver = 1
Jadwiga = 2
Iris = 3
Shaun = 4
Soleil = 5
Valerie = 6
Alphonse = 7
Ambrosia = 8
Elias = 9
Nemo = 10
Dom = 13
Kad = 14
Gwynn = 15
Last edited by Luminesa on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
-Alan Jackson

Caruolinda
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Caruolinda » Mon May 28, 2018 1:05 pm

Kadnikov: 14
Seus olhos azuis como a tarde
Na tarde de um domingo azul

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017