NATION

PASSWORD

The Legends of Eroris II: Interregnum |IC|

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:22 am

Theyra wrote:Anywn seem confused by Terillo's questions, you do not know what happened to you? "You had a arrow in you and were bleeding pretty bad and wait......" Anywn stepped a bit closer to him, wondering about what this Nord remembers. "You do not know how you ended in here in Summerset? "Terillos you are not in the Norravagg anymore and you have to know how you ended up here". "Someone just does not telelport from the Orrin's Wall to Summerset without knowing how it happened". "I mean you are in the Reach and miles south of the wall". Another question had entered her mind, "Terillo...... are you a mage?

“Summerset?! Honestly, I do-don’t… I don’t recall anything about that.” He tried to recollect his thoughts, “I… yes I am a mage unfortunately, or at least I hope to be. I mean, I can use magic if that’s what you’re asking. But… but I don’t know any teleportation spells.” Suddenly, something dawned on him. Terillos quickly reached for the pouch that was secured on his belt and took out several small, flat, stones. Each had a specific ancient symbol written on the top. “There’s only three here, I could have sworn I had four.” Sensing their wielders Magika, the carvings on the rocks began to glow a light blue. It wasn’t until they started shaking that he snapped his eyes shut which in turn cut off the flow of Magika between them. “Oops, almost used them. Or at least I think that was what I was doing.”
Last edited by The Land of Golden Blobfish on Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Asyir
Minister

Founded: Oct 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:46 am

Roderic "the Ironside"
Captain-General of the Oathsworn
Three days ride north of Summerset

Their banners fluttered in the strong headwinds from the south, sweeping the company of men marching on the patches of dirt and loose gravel that acted as the road. They numbered one hundred, only a fraction of forces the Oathsworn could field. All were mounted atop large destriders, many of the men donned plate mail with green surcoat blazoning their sigil. At the forefront of the company rode a man atop an armored horse, his crude face bore many scars and his nose was misshapened. His thick brown beard covered his lower face, his lips barely peaking out amongst the brown hairs. His hair was cropped neatly together only going down to his neck. His name was Roderic, the cold and dishonorable sellsword captain of the Oathsworn. He held out a mailed fist, shielding his gray-steel eyes from the violent winds, as he scanned the road ahead, trying to scout the trees on either side of the marching company. After several minutes, he held up his left hand, bringing the company to a complete halt.

A plated horseman rode to the head of the column. He stopped directly behind through foreman,"Why are we stopping? Every minute we delay gives him ample time to flee farther", the man asked, not bothering to cover the annoyance in his deep voice.

Roderic turned his horse around, angrily eyeing the older man. The sellswords name was Bjorn, a nord that lacked the honor and bravery of his people. Bjorn had long blond hair flowing to his back and his long beard went to his torso. He was tall, even by Nordic standards, flat-chested, and broad shouldered. He looked every bit the warrior, but that's where it ended. Roderic viewed him as little more than a coward, and, if not for his long service and popularity within the Oathsworn, would've been disposed off.

"It matters little. This headwind is hindering him just as much as ourselves. He has a day's worth of distance on us, and if I know him, he'll stop through Summerset. The fucker won't journey further south without visiting the alehouses and pleasurehouses," Roderic pointed out, resting his hand upon his sword hilt. He beckoned for another man in the column to come forth with Roderic's own helmet.

"And if he doesn't? He could be halfway down the Grove in the time it takes us to comb through Summerset. He's resourceful and on the run. Fulfilling his carnal desires is the least of his concern. I know him well," Bjorn argued, his face starting to redden with anger. Despite his known cowardice, Bjorn was quick to anger, more so when his sharp tongue and honeyed words failed him,"We won't find him in Summerset. Not in this state."

"Then I suggest Bjorn, that you, and you alone, make haste towards Lenora, and rouse the few men we have there. If you had remained diligent and never dithered in your duties, he never would have stolen from us, correct?" Roderic authoritatively spoke out, half expecting Bjorn to draw his sword from Roderic's verbal slight. Roderic menacingly eyed down Bjorn, as he grabbed his great helm from his squire, holding it underneath his right arm.

Bjorn didn't take the bait, he shifted his eyes downward into the dirt road. His reddened face began turning pale, obviously taking note of Roderic's slight. After a few moments, his blue eyes met Roderic's, "Aye. The fault lies on me, and I apologize, but the road south is too hazardous for a single man. Give me no more than ten men, and I'll set out for Lenora and ride through this day and night."

Roderic sighed, he had hoped Bjorn would take the bait this time, but the Nordic weasel knew his limitations. He could never take Roderic in a fair fight, and Roderic never took part in fair fights. "Fine, but I warn you, if you fail me, you're better off claiming your own life. For I will tear your very innards out from you and strangle the life from your body."

Bjorn turned back towards the company, calling on ten men to accompany him to Lenora. He spurred his horse forward, but turned back to Roderic, "I will not fail this task. I will prove my worth to you, as I did for your father."

Bjorn sped off, ten knights in tow. Muttering under his breath as he donned his great-helm. I'm not my father. The sellsword turned towards his men, raising his left hand into a fist, "Well? What are you lot standing about for. We make haste for Summerset!"
Team Pelinal for life!

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:03 am

Vieronia Emberreaver
Onyx

"Dear, delicate matters are my thing. We're in Valyaria. All those Houses..? I needn't elaborate. Most things here are a delicate matter." Vieronia drummed her fingers on the table, staring at the man as if he were some halfwit that didn't understand a thing. Sighing, she shook her head. "Very well, then. There's a jewelry shop not too far from here. It has a very nice amulet, a diamond at its center, that I would like to own. You shall get that for me. If that fails, you shall get me the amount of gold I require to buy it for myself. Am I making myself clear..?" The Vvalyaar nodded to herself, tilting her head slightly. "Now, then. Tell me everything. Who is the target? How do you want me to intimidate him? I don't care for the why, just who and how. Preferably, you'll be quick about it!"
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:42 am

Braern the Lesser
Southern Eldrion
City of Elkurion

CHAPTER ONE: LITTLE PEOPLE UNDER A BIG CITY

His feet ached again. The weather wasn't too bad. He didn't think Elkurion was that far away so he hadn't taken a break in four hours. Four hours, and Elkurion was still a speck in the distance. His feet ached like mad. The floating city speck still wasn't very good scenery. You had to squint your eyes to get slightly more out of the speck. The speck just wasn't very good to look at. The speck was floating, which made the speck a very special speck. But it was still a speck. A brown speck. And no one cares about brown specks.

Braern sat down on a stump at the side of the road, his worn dirty walking staff leaning on that little lump of wood beside him. Braern had seen stumps grow living branches before. But this one looked old, with no branches or leaves. It was a dead piece of wood. Like he'd be in 40 years when he found a hole in the forest to die in. He was getting old faster and faster, it seemed. At least he hoped so. People often said ghosts walked the halls of something, but no dead person wanted to walk ever again. He knew he didn't want to walk when he was dead, the corns he had.

He rubbed his muddy feet caked with dirt. Sandals weren't the most comfortable footwear in Eroris. His sandals were worse than the average sandals. His feet didn't feel good. They never felt good. They always felt more bad, bad, or less bad. The sandal cup was half empty and it wouldn't get less emptier. It'd get more emptier, in then he'd have to dump his sandals on the side of the road. They were so thin and light, he could barely tell they were on his feet until he stepped on something big and sharp poking up from the ground. The sandals protected him less against sharp ground things the more he walked, the opposite of what someone would want a pair of sandals to do. He was stuck with these sandals until he could beg for some more money for some used sandals. These still had a few months of walking though, and he could still go barefoot for a while. And he still had some blood left to lose from sharp pointy things on the ground.

Everyone that passed by was normal or made themselves look known to be a mage. Everyone knew what a mage was. They could make fire dance across their fingertips from nothing. He had seen a hundred public magic shows. He met two dozen youngsters on the road eager to show Braern they could freeze some poor plant in the middle of summer. He'd be impressed when a mage could fart fire. Braern could probably embarrass some young human when he made a small fireball explode against a tree. And frighten them, probably. But Braern derived humor from their pride in doing something tens of thousands of others could do, and which thousands could do better. Braern might also embarrass himself. He'd never used it. Even when the sticks wouldn't cooperate when he used every method of getting them lighted for a neat little campfire, he didn't use his magic. He was always busy starving, and he didn't need to practice magic to distract him from his work.

But the stump. The stump was a nice seat for how hard it was. Wasn't lumpy. No pulpy wood. It was a very good stump. Probably the best stump he ever sat on. It was incredibly hard to imagine a better stump, his mind was just in total elation. He took off his sandals and began rubbing his feet. The soles were hard and his feet had experienced those small cacti that grew along the ground and would break off a part of itself just so it could get stuck on your foot or go up under your sandal. Didn't even have to be in a desert to find one of those things. Braern took a thirty minute break after that happened, and his neck started aching after three hours of walking with his head down just so he didn't even brush one. A few other different times, he stood in some big animal's shit, like a horse's or ox's. Shit either spread out away from your foot when you stepped on it, or it curled up and around your foot. Braern was sometimes a lucky yaar. But your luck kind of runs out once you step in shit. He had to walk about three quarters a mile once on a busy road just to find a place to wash his feet off.

And on that happy thought, he was done rubbing his feet. He bent his spiny back over and picked up his sandals and put them on. Leaving heavily on the staff, he stood up and got back to walking back to the un-inspirational brown floating speck. Soon the trees along the road parted and he eyed a sea full of sails and gleaming wooden ships. They were all going to and from the port that sat under Elkurion. He remembered once when he was in a horrible storm at sea, and he climbed a mast to get the ropes drawn and the sails up, so they wouldn't get torn or otherwise ruined. He had a sudden pain in his stomach, and he shook his head and focused his attention on the port town. It looked like a pretty busy place. Some big warehouses rose up above the homes and businesses of the town. A small wall fortification in the center with some weird structure rising up in the center of it. Braern had rarely been to a port since that time a few hundred years ago when he quit the ocean. It was just as much of interest to him as the floating city was. And remembering the gimmick of a floating city, he looked up. Far up, amongst the clouds, was the floating city of Elkurion. It was a large brown floating speck now, with a few visible tall buildings a few offshooting small islands connected to the main island with bridges.

Braern knew to take a pause off the side of the road, taking in the sights. One of the aforementioned stepping incidents occurred while Braern was taking in some sights. Almost five hundred years and one of the most wisest pieces of advice he could give was how not to step in horse dung. Not that every old person had to dispense life-saving advice. Although life-saving advice would help a young person grow old and dispense their own advice. And to be fair, it would suck to step in a very large pile of fresh fecal matter.

Anyhow he saw that it might take a lot of rope and chain to bring the pile of rock back down. Luckily, all it would take was a five foot length of rope. Elkurion was a floating city of lofty mages, and they needed to be tied to the ground else they think themselves kings. If one thought a king had his head held high sitting straight upon his high throne, one could only imagine the amount of ego the island itself represented. Bringing them back down to the earth would put them on the same level as everyone else for a small change.

Nodding, he continued walking. He walked along the cobbled roadway. Through the streets. By a dozen suspicious mage guards that looked you right in the eye as you passed by. It's like everyone was an supreme evil wizard lord like some story from the past that was about to drop a floating city on thousands of people. The difference between Braern and a supreme evil wizard lord, was that Braern would warn everyone. The town was about sea level. The townsfolk couldn't get more down to earth unless they were dwarves. He didn't want to force anyone to be a dwarf if they didn't want to be.

Braern eventually found three beggars in front of an alley. He sat down slowly, finally getting off his sore feet for at least a little while. He assumed the usual Old Dementia-Ridden Man of Begdom and looked down. He wrapped his right arm around his walking stick and put it up against the inside of his elbow and rested the stick on his shoulder. He held out his left hand, palm up. He sat like that for several hours. He was just as used to complete uncomfortable immobility for several hours straight as he was for semi-constant uncomfortable mobility for a hundred miles. The sun started setting and Braern needed to pack it up so he could get some food before the stores and markets closed for the day.

Braern stood up eventually. His feet barely hurt, but still hurt. His ass hurt worse now, though. He looked at what he got from several hours worth of begging and found enough for just a few wedges of poor man's goat cheese. Another city of cheeseparing penny-pinchers. Hundreds of merchants and mages and the most any of them had in their pockets apparently was enough to buy some wedges of curdled milk. Bah! Braern had lain a thousand curses on a thousand merchants and a thousand kingdoms were still afloat on the Sea of Beggars and Peasantry.

Braern looked back and found the other three beggars following him, a young Mayaar, and a couple of old Reachmen woman. The young Mayaar was a suspicious one. Braern turned his attention back to his path. Once he did, he found himself stepping in something lukewarm, sticky, and squishy. Going one-legged he grabbed his foreleg and found that he had, indeed, stepped in a large pile of shit. He cursed and while he was still one-legged he was suddenly knocked down and found his coins completely out of his hands. He saw the young Mayaar run left down an alley. Braern got his rusty dagger ready as he got up and gave chase to the youngster thief. Eventually he got into range to throwing his dagger and got the bastard right in the side. The Mayaar fell on his face but got back up, swiping some coins and ripping the dagger out of himself. He kept on running while Braern hurriedly picked up his knife. To his continued misfortune, the coins that weren't swiped had fallen into a large pile of feces, and he wasn't one to dig for gold. His feet also hurt real bad.

Braern had dropped his walking stick upon giving chase, and returned to where he had dropped it. He found the two old Reachmen women there, one of whom was holding his walking stick. They both had cheese or bread in their hands, and Braern could tell they had already devoured much of what they had bought. They deigned to keep his walking stick for him and kept some food for him. Braern was getting some pity from beggars. That was not usual. "Does he often steal your earnings?" he asked the two.

They both nodded. The one holding his walking stick gave it back. She said," That's Arudiel. He's a thief, but he's not going to be accepted into any band of thieves any time soon. He steals from the beggars of the town."

Just then a guard walked by and noticed the state Braern was in. Well, a disgruntled beggar looked just ever so slightly worse than a regular beggar. He must have noticed I was new in town. "Oh, you meet Arudiel? We've never been able to catch the little bastard. Steals from the beggars, like you. I don't know if we'll ever catch him. But if you need any assistance, just contact the nearest guard." The guard nodded and walked off.

The Walking Stick Beggar Lady's whisper became a regular talking voice as the guard walked further and further away. "Arudiel's been at it for five years. Beggar's aren't good for anything, so why bother protecting them? But some of us went foodless a night because of him for a few months. Until word among the beggars spread. Now we have each other's backs. Buy the foodless beggar a share of bread or cheese. You seemed to handle yourself. But your still moneyless. So here's some cheese. And since you probably walked so far, Grechin bought you bread."

Braern got bread from Grechin and cheese from Walking Stick Beggar Lady. He readily ate it. Wasn't any shame in eating like a starving rat in the company of fellow starving rats. He left no crumbs for any actual rat to pick up. It was kind of like the princes and paupers. The paupers were rats you wouldn't give a shred of food to. A disgusting disease-ridden animal that was naturally hideous. Except it seemed the rats were the ones with a real sense of compassion.

"I thank you very much for compassion. Where do you usually stay every night?" asked Braern, looking from one woman to the other. Grechin gave a curt bow and started walking back towards the market, developing a coughing fit. Walking Stick Beggar Lady began walking after her. Braern started following. He hadn't gotten Walking Stick Beggar Lady's name yet. "If you don't mind me asking, what is your name?"

She looked at him, then looked forward again. "Inga."

"Ah."

He was brought to a dark, musty, smelly, muddy alley filled with beggars, most of which huddled against each other for warmth. "Last time Arudiel came to a Beggar's Alley and tried to steal something," began Grechin," He was beatin' out with a dozen fists. Definitely won't come in 'ere with you around."

Braern nodded. He laid down for the night, and slept in between his coughing, which came from sleeping in his nice, cold, wet bed.
Last edited by Zanera on Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Dernland
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dernland » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:23 pm

The Achesian River

The vast fields and hills of the Reach rolled onward beyond the shores of the river, an utterly alien landscape compared to my home. Our boat slid quietly over the calm river water. It had a long, shallow hull that was perfectly suited for transport downriver. We were the only passengers, save for our horses and the Reachmen that crewed the vessel. It wasn't elegant, but it was still much faster than taking the road. Even though it'd been three days since the Demonic raid upon my home, and I still felt dread hanging over me like a cloud. The four Rangers that I'd chose stood beside me, each wearing identical grey cloaks and masks. I could barely comprehend what had happened. I was mulling it over, watching the green grass roll by when I heard the Captain's voice call out from the rear of the vessel.

"Thirty minutes until we reach Atlas, milord."

I breathed a sigh of relief at the welcome news. All of us were getting bored sitting and standing around during the journey, as the Reachmen didn't provide entertaining conversation. We traded a few stories with them, mostly telling of strange travelers and beasts we'd encountered in the 'Vale', as they called Eldrion. Not to say that the Reachmen were uncouth, simply that these men knew nothing of the world beyond their boats. Still, I would listen intently to their tales of breakdowns, smuggling runs, and strange folk (often criminals) that the crewmen eagerly shared among us.

I'd heard rumors at the village we started at that the Queen would be hosting a tournament at the weeks end to celebrate the season of harvest. This had not troubled my mind much at first, but crept slowly back again the closer we got to Atlas. "We'll have to stay in the city for at least a week while we make preparations for our voyage to Valyaria." I muttered to myself. "I may take part in this 'tournament', or at least watch a few bouts."

-----

Atlas Riverside Docks

I thanked the captain as my party disembarked from the boat, leading our horses onto the pier with shaky legs. I'd given him payment for travel upfront, at his request, though he did seem to trust and respect me now more than ever. The pier was bustling with people, all of them barely noticing the grey-clad elves that seemed to tower above them. Stalls lined the wooden path leading back to the city, most selling fish. A loud droning buzz drowned out the sounds of water lapping on the hulls of ships or the birds fling overhead. I already decided that I didn't much like the city.

Nontheless, the five of us clambered onto our steeds with nimble grace, rising above the crowds of people. My horse was eager to run after the journey, but I fought hard to keep him in check as I wound down the pier. People began to notice us the farther we went, some pausing in their trivial labors to gaze at our passage before resuming their duties. A Mayaar was a rare sight outside of Eldrion in this age, much less five of them. As we approached the gate I was struck with a sudden and worrying thought. Traders from Atlas had long gone through Angamarta, but they were rare enough that the keep might be considered a legend even among the upper classes of society. Would anyone believe that we come from such a place? Perhaps, perhaps not. I fingered my father's signet ring, troubled by this trail of thought.

One of the gate-guards started as we approached, horse hooves clacking on rough-hewn cobblestones. I raised a hand in simple greeting to the man. "My friend, would you mind pointing me and my company to the keep of this fine city. I traveled long to get here and my business is urgent."
I am a Mormon

I have no wives
I love jello

I don't hate homosexuals
Potatoes are a staple of my diet, but only because my family's Irish

I'm not rich.

TG me any more stereotypes and I'll see if they fit.

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:40 pm

The Land of Golden Blobfish wrote:“Summerset?! Honestly, I do-don’t… I don’t recall anything about that.” He tried to recollect his thoughts, “I… yes I am a mage unfortunately, or at least I hope to be. I mean, I can use magic if that’s what you’re asking. But… but I don’t know any teleportation spells.” Suddenly, something dawned on him. Terillos quickly reached for the pouch that was secured on his belt and took out several small, flat, stones. Each had a specific ancient symbol written on the top. “There’s only three here, I could have sworn I had four.” Sensing their wielders Magika, the carvings on the rocks began to glow a light blue. It wasn’t until they started shaking that he snapped his eyes shut which in turn cut off the flow of Magika between them. “Oops, almost used them. Or at least I think that was what I was doing.”

"Maybe one of your stones was teleportation stone and it teleported you here? " Anywn said in a guessing tone, "I mean you said you had four and now you have three". "Sooo, you used up the teleportation stone? I mean what else could have teleported you here to Summerset and in loud way? "You made a rather loud entrance in the center of the city and could you tell me to why someone would want to kill you? "Or I think you would still be near the Wall and doing what ever you were doing", Anywn had a thought and it sadden her. "I guess this means you want to go back to the North right and to your family? "And maybe we have to face who ever attacked you right? Anywn sound sadden and weary by this and went back to her table. She sat down just looked at her steak.

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:09 pm

Theyra wrote:"Maybe one of your stones was teleportation stone and it teleported you here? " Anywn said in a guessing tone, "I mean you said you had four and now you have three". "Sooo, you used up the teleportation stone? I mean what else could have teleported you here to Summerset and in loud way? "You made a rather loud entrance in the center of the city and could you tell me to why someone would want to kill you? "Or I think you would still be near the Wall and doing what ever you were doing", Anywn had a thought and it sadden her. "I guess this means you want to go back to the North right and to your family? "And maybe we have to face who ever attacked you right? Anywn sound sadden and weary by this and went back to her table. She sat down just looked at her steak.

“I think they were just some highwaymen though even then that’s rather odd. The main road is usually patrolled well enough that bandits don’t dare travel it. But I guess…” Terillos of course knew the reason why. The nobles armies had been readying themselves since last fortnight, taking almost every able body they could muster. For what reason however was on everyone's minds. “I won’t be going back home anytime soon. They don’t… they just don’t need any help at the moment.” He wasn’t going to tell her how they didn’t want him back, that is, if he got there before being conscripted first. Terillos took out the sack of coins he had. It wasn’t that much but it was plenty for a simple farmboy. He would have to go out for some new clothing to replace the rags he had on at the moment and maybe, perhaps afford enough for a spellbook. After all, any other weapon was out of the question and as much as he hated it, the boy knew this wouldn’t be the last time he got himself into a fight.
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Theyra
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:28 pm

The Land of Golden Blobfish wrote:“I think they were just some highwaymen though even then that’s rather odd. The main road is usually patrolled well enough that bandits don’t dare travel it. But I guess…” Terillos of course knew the reason why. The nobles armies had been readying themselves since last fortnight, taking almost every able body they could muster. For what reason however was on everyone's minds. “I won’t be going back home anytime soon. They don’t… they just don’t need any help at the moment.” He wasn’t going to tell her how they didn’t want him back, that is, if he got there before being conscripted first. Terillos took out the sack of coins he had. It wasn’t that much but it was plenty for a simple farmboy. He would have to go out for some new clothing to replace the rags he had on at the moment and maybe, perhaps afford enough for a spellbook. After all, any other weapon was out of the question and as much as he hated it, the boy knew this wouldn’t be the last time he got himself into a fight.

"Hmmm", she could the another bite out of her steak and it took her some minutes to finish it. After finishing her steak, she got out of her seat and looked at the boy. "So some random highwaymen tried to kill you? "Yeah that seems kinda odd and I guess you are safe now". Anywn noticed him getting his coin purse, "You thinking of getting some new clothes? "There is bound to be a tailor in the city and I think I should go with you". "Though I am kinda glad we do not have to go back to the North anytime soon". "Me and a friend just left the North and I was planning on not returning for a long time". "So I guess we should go now to get some new clothes for you after Prauv kinda...... ripped them".

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:22 pm

Austin Tatwulf

Austin was soon waved through by the guard. He knew the security here was fairly lax, and he would have been surprised had the guard stopped him from entering the gates. Atlas was not only the capital of the Kingdom of Achesia, but was considered by some to be one of the busiest trading cities in all of the Reach. Lack of recent conflict as well as its proximity to the river most likely attributed to this being possible.Items from all across Eroris ended up in the markets of this city, and most citizens were able to enjoy its wealth under the rule of their newly crowned ruler, Queen Alexandria. The girl was only a bit younger than Austin was, but even so, she managed to keep a solid grip on the reigns of the kingdom. The meager ranger could only dream to ever have the pleasure of her company, but it was a dream many men in the kingdom had.

As he made his way through the city streets, he couldn't help but gaze at the various sights before him. Mages performed magical tricks and illusions for onlookers, merchants shouted out for shoppers to take a look at their goods, and music filled the air as bards sung of the mighty battles that took place many generations prior. For a rural young man like Austin, such a spectacle was almost too much to handle, so much that he didn't realize he had forgotten to look where he was going until he suddenly bumped into another person, causing them both to come crashing down onto the ground.

Austin couldn't help but notice the distinguishable sound of metal clanking when the stranger in front of him fell to the ground. His eyes gleamed upon the sight of a metal breastplate that bore the herald of what must have been a noble family. Austin was about to apologize when the man, red in the face with fury, pulled his sword from his scabbard.

"You insolent fool! You dare lay hands on a knight? On my honor, I shall run you through with my-"

The man was unable to finish his insult, as suddenly his wrist holding his sword was clamped onto tightly and the blade of Austin's dagger rested dangerously close to the man's jugular vein. The knight gulped in fear, unable to form any words as he realized that he was now at the mercy of the stranger who had bumped into him. The young man looked up at the knight with a look of disgust.

"You are no knight. The knight I know and serve would not dare draw out his blade against a stranger for a mere accident, nor would he allow himself to be caught in such a vulnerable position."

The knight's face reddened with anger and embarrassment, but he was in no position to try and argue. Shamefully, he let go of his sword and raised his hands in a sign of surrender. Pleased, Austin let go of the man and returned the dagger to its hiding place. Without a word, he walked past the knight and continued on his journey. The knight would get the final word in, however.

"If you think that you have the right to challenge the validity of a knight, then prove yourself at the Queen's tournament! I hope to see you there so that I may cut you in half for the glory of her majesty!"

Austin didn't respond. Instead, he raised his hand in a gesture that was universal for disdain. He had proved his point to the man earlier. He had no use in any tournament to prove his worth. Besides, he had a job to do.

it took him quite some time, but eventually he made his way to an open area where he had been instructed to find. It was there where a man flanked by royal men-at-arms sat at a large booth with piles of gold and silver surrounding him. A long list of names of land owners was laid out in front of him, and a line was formed to pay their taxes. Each carried a bag of their respective taxes as well as a small piece of paper that showed both proof of their land ownership and the amount of taxation to be paid. The latter was necessary so that the kingdom could keep track of those who owned land as well as ensure that they paid the right amount when it came time for their taxes.

Austin waited in line for several hours before his turn was finally up. Reaching to his waist, he grabbed the sack that contained the taxes due to the kingdom. Reaching into his back pocket, Austin found...nothing. Wait, what? Austin suddenly began to panic as he desperately looked for the piece of paper that he had grabbed from his desk before heading out for Atlas...I did grab it before I headed out, right?...OH DIVINES CURSE THE-

"Excuse me sir, but I'll need to see your proof of ownership before you leave."

Austin, not knowing what else to do, couldn't help but laugh nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well, ya see, I may 'ave...forgotten tha' back home. The money is all there, I promise you."

The man squinted his eyes at the young red haired man.

"Young man, I do not know who you are, but you should know better than to come here without it. If you do not possess it, I cannot accept any form of payment. Now begone, and come back when you have the paper. Taxes must be received within the end of the month or your assets shall be seized. Good day."

Austin, speechless, hung his head down in defeat and walked out of the line. The month would end in a week's time. Sure, he could ride back to the village and retrieve the paper, but he couldn't imagine trecking that journey all over again just to head right back after grabbing the paper. Biting onto the corner of his lip, he desperately tried to think of what to do, when the idea hit him.

Or, well, the person carrying the mail hit him. A young boy, no older than 15, had run into him in a rush. The boy fell to his rear as Austin had enough balance on his feet to stay upright. Surprised, Austin looked down at the boy and noticed he was wearing the attire of a messenger. His eyes widened as he thought of a plan that would avoid him having to take the journey all over again.

With a bit of persuasion, Austin managed to convince the messenger boy to stop by the village on his way and tell Edward that he needed the paper. The old man would give him grief, but Austin would rather have that than disappoint his adopted father. And thus, with the blessings of the Divines, Austin was able to find a way out of his predicament. The boy would be able to return back to the city in 6 days time, giving just enough time to deliver the taxes.

Now what to do in the meantime?Austin thought. He had enough money to last him well over a week, nut he didn't want to just stay in a tavern for a week straight. No, he wanted to have some fun while he was in the capital. Something memorable. Something that would make Knight Randall proud. Thus, Austin sought out to find out more about this tournament from the locals.

After all, he could handle himself in a fight. Why not make a little money off of it?
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:14 am

Deep Within the Winding Halls, Aeon Keep, Atlas, Kingdom of Achesia

The sound of wet smacks reverberated through the air and echoed along the stone walls of the ancient corridor of the seat of the KIngdom of Achesia. The Aeon Keep was a massive fortress that sat at the mouth of the river Achesia and had an ever watchful eye over the city of Atlas below it. It was a wonder that the world did not hear the echoing and continuing oscillations of moist affection as they continued in a not so rhythmic fashion. This was met with a soft murmurs of approval and satisfaction as they fluctuate in occurrence and intensity.

Pressed against the wall, a young woman cooed, her eyes shut tight and red hair spread along the grains of the stone wall behind her. Her freckled face contorted and quacked as she breathed heavily under the strain of aggressive bliss that worked its way up and down her soft white neck. The soft lips and wet kisses chilled her to the core as she felt the passion along her throat and down into something deeper within her.

Working her way up and down this euphoric redhead neck was another girl, this one of blonde hair with delicate tanned skin. She pressed her partner against the wall as she smothered her radiant white skin with kisses, a tender spot that one did not let just anyone into. The redhead’s neck was a icy white and was a stark contrast to her fire red hair. And as she tingling sensation intensified, her steely eyes opened provided an even greater light to her complexion and appearance as a heavenly visage of beauty.

"I.. have to go soon Joslynn." The redhead managed to state between sharp breaths as the other girl pursued her inner pleasures. She felt Joslynn’s hand running down the skirt of her white and blue trimmed gown. Soon she quivered as she felt a slight tug, but knew she had business more important than her own pleasure to attend to. Taking her own hands, she explored the thick blonde hair of the girl pressing against her as she tried to lift herself from the stone wall with the other. Squirming it was everything she could do to rip herself away from something that she herself did not want to leave, letting the soft pink lips of the girl plant a few more pecks on her peak of her throat just below the jaw.

"Josylinn!" She exclaimed, knowing she had to shake them both back into reality. The icy skinned woman's chest heaved as she adjusted the bosom of her gown to more modest levels than she had allowed for her friend.

"I'm sorry your majesty..." Joslynn took her head from the other girl's neck, her bright blue eyes and flowing blonde hair now easily visible. "I just couldnt..." She ran her hand around the outer impression redhead’s breast on her gown. "...help myself." Her eye wandering deeper into the body of her freckled friend.

Holding Joslynn’s arms, her steel eyes flickered as she herself took a long drink of the visual senses before her. The young handmaiden, dressed in a lilac gown of fine silks, was just as much of a beautiful sight as she. The two unabashedly savored for the next taste of each other when and where they could find it. Leaning in, her red hair pouring over her shoulders, she locked her lips around Joslynn's circling the warm plumpness of her affection as she held her' face close to her own.

It was then that from around the corner foot steps crept from the shadows of silence, and a large man of older age appeared clad in a fine tunic and cloak crested with jewelry that was befitting a lord. He stood watching the two girls embrace each other without notice of his presence before he finally took his fist to his mouth to clear his throat in the politest way possible.

"My queen." He waited for the last suckling sound of kissing lips to pass as the girls separated themselves for a final time. Both were out of breath, still holding each other at the arms as they turned to notice him. Joslynn immediately stepped back, curtseying as was proper of a lady in such circumstances.

"Lord Koud." Her voice was calm but with a sense of bashfulness.

The redheaded and ice skinned girl was less in a hurry to exhibit courtesy, instead wiping her lips and taking one last look at Joslynn who stood all prim and proper like with hands folded in front of her. It of course was her own prerogative to exhibit any such courtesy on her own time, as she was in fact the queen.

Lord Koud, a saged old man of slight greyness among the short hair and thick beard bowed before his Queen, a girl who was not but a quarter of his own age. However being a faithful servant he knew his place was always as the Queen's most faithful advisor.

"Good Morning." The queen said, taking up the sides of her skirt as she dipped slightly at the knees before her faithful subject.

"Excuse my intrusion." He slyly smiled as he looked to the Queen's handmaiden, who only moments before had been pressing the queen in such a dominant manner against the stone wall. "The members of the Royal Court have assembled, and await your presence at your will your grace." He nodded his head.

Queen Alexandria Maria Daevous was a young ruler of a powerful trade KIngdom in the southern extent of the Reach. Having inherited such a crown from a distant relative just a few short years ago, Alexandria was still adjusting to the pressures of life as the symbol of strength and leadership among her people. Though her skill with speechcraft and that of immense charm had helped her along her way, one of her biggest strengths as a queen was also potentially one of her biggest weaknesses... her beauty.

The flowing red hair, porcelain skin, freckled cheeks, hourglass figure, and ample bosom of the Queen had attracted much attention from suitors from all across Erosis since she ascended to the throne of Atlas. These features while served to inspire great loyalty, also presented a key vulnerability with Alexandira, who was a young girl that could be manipulated in ways that she could not even understand. That is why Lord Koud, the Chief Advisor to the Queen planted Joslynn at her side, knowing the blonde girl of modest birth's persuasion for certain pleasures of the flesh.

This had worked well as he had just observed from the affectionate embrace he found the two in just moments ago. It was a proper distraction for a young girl such as the Queen to be occupied in a sexual nature with one who could not “complicate” the lineage of the Royal Family. This was at least until he could determine a proper suitor for the Queen, though he had a feeling Alexandria felt as if she could rule the Kingdom of Achesia forever on her own merits.

Queen Alexandria swept her red locks behind her ear, preparing to follow Lord Koud into the throne room, but just prior she found herself stepping over to Joslynn once more to give the now skittish and surprised girl a kiss on the cheek.

"Good luck my Queen." She said now less bashful than before, watching the form of her queen and lover stroll away about her duties as head of the beautiful river Kingdom that she had lived all her life.

It was a short walk from the location of her love making to where the rear entrance to the throne room was located. A few Knights of her own guard stood sentinel over this entrance as she approached to have audience with her people, something she found just as exhilarating and rewarding as making love to her handmaiden. A servant approached her just before she was to enter, a golden crown of noticeable wealth and grandeur was held in his arms atop a cushion. Taking it from him, she smiled and nodded her thanks before placing the badge of her office atop her scarlet hair. Looking to her advisor Lord Koud, she smiled to him as she did every day since she ascended to such position. It was a smile she once gave her now deceased father, a smile of confidence and hope as the two entered the vast throne room of the Aeon Keep.

"Now rise for her majesty Queen Alexandria of House Daevous, Queen of the Kingdom of Achesia, and Warden of the Great Achesian River, Defender of Atlas." The crier called out as she stepped into the large stone room. The menacing arch ways hung nearly a hundred feet above her head as she walked to her throne, and the many nobles who gathered to have audience with their liege looked with wonder on the beautiful monarch they all shared.

Placing herself atop the red pillowed seat that was carved ornately from an oak that grew for a hundred years along the Achesian's banks, Alexandria folded her hands atop her lap and waited for the first order of business to be called. Lord Koud would read from each item that was to be reviewed by her that day, though she felt that she was just as much of an audience to this as any of her subjects who now stood in front of her watching the proceedings. Her advisors would handle most of these items, or the entire court would erupt in discussion to which finally her advisors would present her options in which to proceed. It was fairly boring from the young ruler’s perspective, but she would not dare look the slightest bit disinterested with any of the points that were being made.

She tried her best to listen to Lord Koud orate for minutes on end about the ethics of irrigating crops between estates, but she instead resorted to her usual game of people watching. Alexandria would often look out over the crowd before her and try to notice any one new among her court. Occasionally some noble would have traveled from a distant part of her land, but it typically did not show any drastic influxes of newcomers. A queen must always know her subjects, she had convinced herself. And soon her eyes met with someone who she knew she wanted to know more about.

Somewhere near the back of the crowd of court members stood a tall dark haired man, about the same age as she. He wore a rich looking tunic that was of violet color, and black trousers that ran into the thick riding boots that a knight would often wear to ride a war horse. His status as a knight of course was further given away by the longsword strapped to his belt. His hand was resting on the ivory pommel of the blade as he intently listened to Lord Koud's lecturing.

Alexandria had always dreamt of marrying a knight back in the days before she was a queen. Something about such fantasy of course still stirred inside of her, and though she had several hundred potential suitors of all ranks and noble title offer themselves to her, this knight stood out among them. His tunic was emblazoned with a white bird of prey, and his eyes were a bright green that he soon met with her own gaze. Startled that he had noticed her leering, she frantically tried to look away and uninterested. But Jon Requient had seen her eyes meet his, and he smiled brightly at the Queen, a smile so bright that it made her icy cheeks blush nearly as dark a shade of red as her hair.

"Your majesty?...." Lord Koud interrupted her daydream as she quickly looked from the smiling knight with the white Bird of Prey sigil, to her chief advisor who sounded impatient.

"Yes, Lord Koud." She tried to play the whole thing of as if she had been listening.

"Of course your thoughts on the matter of the letter?" Lord Koud continued.

"I completely agree Lord Koud, your advice is wise." She smiled as the crowd nodded. Alexandria had obviously said something right as she crowd responded positively to what she had said. But she could see in Lord Koud's eyes that there would be a lecture in store for her later that night about the importance of state business and her role in it. But there was something she could not get off her mind as the court continued again without her input... That knight, who was he. Surely the name Jon Requient was not known yet to the Queen, but her curiosity would be quenched as she called over with a wave of the hand to one of her other handmaidens. In silent whispers from the queen's mouth to the girl’s ears, she simply ordered herto find out about the knight whom had smiled at her, find out who the knight and the white bird was.

Of course later that evening she indeed received a lecturing on state business from her chief advisor. But it was a shorter one than usual as she simply explained she had felt distracted as of late. Lord Koud instead of continuing on, simply explained to her the contents of the letter they had received from The Kingdom of Lenora and one King Edmyn Gardener. And like the trusted advisor he was, he already had a draft of the response written up for Alexandria, only needing her wax seal before being sent on its way.

To the Honorable KIng Edmyn of the Kingdom of Lenora.

Peace be upon you and your people. We are pleased to hear a willingness to preserve the peace between the people of the Reach, and we share the sentiment that we must defend ourselves against such aggression that could be detrimental to the interests of our Kingdoms. We do however request that you send a diplomat to Atlas so that further terms of such an Alliance can be discussed in a more formal manner. We look forward to further discussion on the manner.

[Sealed]
Queen Alexandria Maria Daevous

The Soviet Union of Mother Russia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soviet Union of Mother Russia » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:05 am

Imperium of Valyaria - Valyaria - Onyx

Long time had passed since the humble days of being the Exalted of New Gris, with Sandro having been crowned the new Caesar of the Imperium of Valyaria. The circumstances behind his ascension to throne is clouded in mysteries, yet it would seem that his populist approach towards the plebian classes had forced the Houses to submit to the demands, many belonging to long lines of aristocratic patricians, wanting nothing more then to withhold their wealth, and lands. Many of these bloodlines of aristocrats had no longer the honor, and integrity that the people of Valyaria once has known for, rather taking their time to look after the accumulated sums of wealth, and mammon. The lands still was desolated in the face of rebellions, and attacks by the Reachmen warbands, and the Mayaarians from Eldrion. For many years the people were broken, as if cursed with eternal grief, and sorrow over the many countless lives lost in the end of the Second Valyarian Era. However from the same day that Sandro had fled from the massacre of Old Gris, he knew that the timid, and cowardice displayed by the Exalted Lords was the cause of the defeat.

Upon being elected Exalt of the House of New Gris, he used his position to gather the plebs, farmers, and veterans to follow behind him. With the promise of a new era of supremacy, power, and vengeance against those who had raped, pillaged, and sacked the soil of Valyaria, he managed to persuade thousands, upon thousands to follow his lead. As he marched towards the old capital of Valyaria, Onyx, he guided a vast army of angry, furious, and enraged commoners, forcing their way through within the city walls with the sheer scale of their numbers. The levies, and city guards had no chance, most of them refusing to simply resist, allowing the masses to advance towards the Phoenix Palace. A large crowd of old, and gluttonous men dressed in extravagant cloth occupied the vast halls, at least those who still remained. There was little discussion, or debate to the demands given, knowing very well how the plebeians would love any excuse to gut their masters, and landlords with their scythes, and pikes. With the House of Onyx vacated from the Palace, Sandro took the throne, electing himself as the new Caesar of the Imperium of Valyaria, witnessed by the cheers of the commoners.

Since then, many years had passed. While the Houses protested, and voiced their disagreement in letting their lands, and wealth being taken by the new Imperium, they had little they could do against Caesar. Only the rich, and those belonging to the old classes of the Patricians supported the Houses, if only because they wanted to return to their vast collections of lands. However, the Houses still remained a important part of the Imperium, as the vassals ultimately could run the lands better then the senators, and scribes residing within Onyx. Yet that wasn't the biggest worry to Caesar, rather it was the concern of the Reachmen. The humans still occupied their claimed lands on the Shores of the South-Western Reach. These foreigners had defiled the holy grounds of their temples, removed their pillars, and replaced it with their timber, and stone. This carelessness, this blasphemy to their divined lands made Caesars blod boil. Upon many occasions he made secret rituals, and prayers to the Dreadlord Xuvius for Armageddon on every inch of soil within the Reach, vowing his blood to the Dea'ra if only it give him a chance to make justice for the many lost souls.

Yet no matter how many sacrifices, and offerings made to the Dreadlords, no answer, and no calling was given to him. It would seem that their demand for blood was far beyond what he could muster alone. To settle his mind on the matters, he convened a meeting with his most entrusted senators, hailing from the various Houses within Valyaria. Meeting within the guarded chambers by the Prefecta guard, they spoke in low voices on the matter. There was few people like Sandro, those who wanted to reform Valyaria away from the power that Aduran had, and it was best to keep it that way, for now. Whilst there were the occasional seculars, or agnostics, there were even fewer of those who held their ancient beliefs in the Dea'ra deities. Such had to be kept under lock and key, leading to this secret cult within the chambers of the Imperium. While Aduran still was the religion of the people, it seemed like every year a little fewer showed by the temples.

With the meeting eventually having its end after a few hours, Caesar decided to announce his plans in the aftermath of the mention matters. There had been a long silence these past weeks, and he could feel the people being restless, and on edge. The air felt bitter in these days, stale like something was just around the horizon. Yet in these times, he had to display himself as the rightful leader of Valyaria, and make it known to the rest of Eroris that they had awoken once more.

" My people...Sons and Daughters of Valyaria... For many years, we have been a broken nation: shunned, oppressed, and conquered by those we sought to resist. Ten years ago, I asked for time, and that time was granted by you. You: the strength in my arm, the holders of my dreams... In the time you have given me, I have rebuilt our lands, I have rebuilt our strength, and I have rebuilt our pride! On this day, we stand united once more. On this day, those driven to divide us will hear our voice! On this day, we shall act as one, and we shall be ignored NO MORE! Sons and Daughters of the Valyaria, NOW IS OUR TIME!

This much I vow..The history of the coming days will be written in blood. We will crush the armies of our enemies, and seize the weapons they thought to turn against us! Those who would deny us peace; refuse us our rightful place in the Eroris, we will unleash such terrible vengeance that generations of their people yet unborn will cry out in anguish! They cannot imagine what awaits them. Never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as their last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise from the ruins of their cities... they will know: Eroris belongs to the Valyaria!"

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:09 am

Tambor enjoyed the breakfast served to him with clear distinction. It had been a week or so since he last had proper food, and even longer since he’d enjoyed it above ground. The boar, the eggs, the sausages… It was heavenly to taste such goodness once again. The Prince might call it simple, but to a wandered of the Wastes and Mountains, the simple texture and smell of the food to make him forget all his hardships. As he tried to eat as civilly as possible, despite his appetite, Tambor began to dig into the details of his employment.

“My pen and paper are yours, my lord” he said, tearing off a piece of bread for him to eat.

“I require little for my part. An office, a room to sleep in, a pen, and some food every day, as well as access to your library. A team of architects and engineers would be lovely, as long as they are willing to work with a magistructor… I have met some who despise my school and teachings” Tambor said, dipping his bread in some leftover gravy from the sausage.

“For the actual work, we will need a lot more souls. Carpenters, masons, miners, builders, foremen, runners, diggers… A large workforce, you see. With all the immigration, that probably won’t be a problem, as their pay will most likely be low. We need all the volunteers we can to accomplish this monumental task in time, if you feel your borders are threatened. Perhaps our work will give your enemies an idea of urgency concerning you, so the more secrecy the better.

“As for the magistructing, I don’t know if I can perform all the incantations and rituals on my own. I will need those knowledgeable in the magic of the world, be it shamans, spellswords, mages, priests… Anyone with wisdom regarding the Unknown Worlds. There are many stones that will require spelling and runes.

“Lastly, I will need a list of what fortifications you want to rebuild, and a map of the surrounding areas. As many maps as you can possibly conjure. I know I’m asking much, but such is the way of the engineer. If My Lordship desires, I can do with less, of course. But these are the needs if you want me to work most efficiently.”
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:47 am

Near Orsinium
Red Keep
Arch-Prince Mordaband zur Krennor

"I'm certain the council and I should be able to get you anything you need. I'm sure there will be plenty of workers, and more than a few kinds of Magic users at your command. If I can convince my wife to move to the Keep she could help oversee the magic you need to perform as well. We won't be able to get all the local Shamans but certain tribes would be happy to help."

Mordaband nodded, trying to eat civilly himself. "If you write down a list for the council of all you project you might need once we get together our list of projects, I'm certain you'll get what you need. Our central location in the continent means a good bit of trade comes through here to go to Orisinium and Pandora. Of course should war come and we take Ancalen we get even more to work with, but more to fix as well. Though one thing I learned during the last war: Fighting Reachmen in open combat can be dangerous, with their knights and strong armor. Our Orcs tend to be lighter armored but vicious fighters are you can likely guess. Andurans too. Ancalen is mostly Reachmen though, so will fight like them. Fixing up the fortresses along the River and the border into the Mesa should be a priority. They'll gun for those first, and we'll likely try to wear them down as they siege.

"But I very much trust your work will prevent them from taking many castles. Its better to prepare for the worst is it not? Fixing up the southern defenses and towns should take priority as such, then Red Rock itself, and then the forts in the passes. Gan-Buri, I believe the one you passed through, would be last. We're on good terms with the Dwarves of Hagrid."

The Orc Prince covered he mouth to stifle a belch, another Orcish habit he was having to fix to fit in with the capitol. But it was a minor thing. He adjusted his clothes a bit, and smiled at the Magistructor. "We can put up fliers and spread the word that we'll be working on great building projects soon, and will need both magic and labor help. That won't be the hard part. WE do have local materials too, but any imports will take time and have to go overland through Herath, Orisis, or Lenora. I hope that's not a bother."

It was about then the servants brought out their drinks. Some local wine and ale, based on their preferred drink.
Last edited by Holy Lykos on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Dernland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dernland » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:43 am

Atlas

The guard led us through the winding streets and squares of Atlas, having been relieved by one of his comrades. I'd dismounted my horse for the journey as to be on the same level as the man and have pleasant conversation. We talked as we walked, pushing quietly through the mid-day throngs of people. I was interested in the man's story, where he came from, who he was. He seemed shocked at the questions, no doubt assuming that I was some aloof nobleman who saw him only as a servant. He cautiously told me that his name was Ennis Gardener (no relation to the King). Ennis seemed reluctant to share more, however he was soon engrossed in tales of his youth, his misadventures as a bounty hunter, then retiring to become a guard in his home city. In return, I recounted tales from the Vale, a place that he had apparently visited several times. I was so distracted that I barely noticed when we passed under a great stone arch and into the courtyard of Aeon Keep.

I bid Ennis thanks for his service and let a stable boy take my horse to a nearby feeding trough. My companions dismounted, albeit slowly, having been quite engrossed in the wonders of this strange new city themselves. Ennis, pausing for a moment to let the rest of us catch up, strode up wide stone steps to the main door of the keep. Upon reaching the top he turned on his heel and extended his hand in a motion to stop.

"My apologies, Lord Aldaos," He began, "But you must relinquish your arms before entering the keep. I'm sure you understand."

I smiled behind my mask and nodded to my company. "Of course." I unbuckled my sword belt and handed the enclosed blade to one of the door guards. "Keep good care of this" I said. "It's nearly as old as this city." My other weapons were stored upon my horse, as well as my shield. The other Rangers followed my lead, handing over assorted swords and daggers to the guards. The final weapon was one Ranger's stiletto which he had hidden in his boot. I gave him a questioning look, to which he only shrugged as he handed the small blade to the guard.

Ennis held back a chuckle and lead us onward into the keep. The winding, gilded halls far outweighed the simple stone of my home. It was alien, but still quite beautiful in its own way. Sun streamed through high windows and glittered upon golden inlays in the polished stone floor and up the smoth walls, shining beautifully. The palace seemed to go on forever before we reached two large double doors, presumably leading to the great hall. It was here that Ennis stopped.

"The queen and her court are in session right now, I can go in and try and get you an audience, though you may have to wait a while." He said before cracking open the doors and sliding in. I leaned against the wall, wrapping myself in my grey cloak and thinking. The wonder of being in such a place drove out the feelings of sorrow and dread that had plagued my mind for days, freeing me to finally rest for a short while.
I am a Mormon

I have no wives
I love jello

I don't hate homosexuals

I'm not rich.

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:47 am

Summerset City
Summerset
Reach

Christoffer stood at the edge of Summerset, on the protrusion cutting into the city, seven hundred feet above the plains below, where a army of houses spread from below the black stone wall, and endless fields grew filled with different crops. This was the capital of the land he now ruled, and had ruled for seven years. Yet, all was not fine. The winds where blowing from before his father's death. He knew there was dissent from the other nations about the expansion that summerset had recently had. If you counted forty years as recent. Not that anyone bar Christoffer and his loyal state advisor knew how much summerset had to blame for its expansion.

But he was aiming to change that. Just as well as he knew that others where trying to work against him. He had sent messengers to several places, The Kingdom of Achesia, The Free Republic of Red Rock, The Free County of Herrath, Lenoran Kingdom to name a few. All carried the same instructions. a cart of gifts, Aged realm famous summerset wine in drowes, suits of ceremonial armour and more. As gifts of friendship.
each cart and the diplomat on it guarded by 16 soldiers clad in black armour. the best summerset had. Christoffer thought, that all the carts should arrive soon to their destinations; and as they did, they messenger would state it's intentions, to speak to the ruler of the land, as a the mouth of summerset, bearing gifts from his lord, that he hoped would be accepted in friendship and good spirits. Of Course, the diplomats also carried all the necessary documentation. for if it was three things the government of somerset liked, it was efficiency, quality, and paperwork.

Lastly another messenger and diplomat had taken to ride towards Shieldring Keep, however this one had no cart with it, and only 8 soldiers in tow. When it arrived it would ask to be taken to the leader of the keep. It was planned well, so that Roderic "The Ironside" would be out, so that the diplomat would get to speak to Mathilda "The Green Rose". Hopefully. Not that anyone outside of the the chain of command would know, it would just look like a coincidence
Last edited by The Tophat Empire on Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
FT, but roam where i please
It does not reflect my real life world political views, which are considerably less authoritarian and more moderate
Refer to my factbook for canon, it´s however out of date, and badly written. So take it with a grain of salt

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Priscilla doesn't get a post because reasons

Postby The Burning Sun » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:54 am

Marquess Lucas Caelin

The Marquess surveyed the battleground before him, scowling in disgust. Shards of bone, still smoking from the holy magic that had scorched them, lay scattered underfoot, along with the occasional rusted sword and skeletal remain. His small party of knights had come across the Undead detachment as they descended from the far side of Horn's Peak - just like he had, eleven years in the past. Until he had laid eyes on their disfigured forms, Lucas had scarcely been able to believe the report. The idea of Undead roaming over this site, home of his most precious memory, was...nauseating. The feeling was made even worse by how weak the skeletons had been. If this place must be defiled, could it not, at least, be defiled by a being that commanded respect? This rabble, weaker than even a common man, was pathetic. How dare such a pitiful creature encroach on lands like these?

At the very least, he had not come upon the glade yet. Although time had wiped out the details of his recollection, he remembered it as a place of peace and serene beauty, the kind that does not easily exist in the mortal plane. In his imagination, it had remained hidden ever since he left, untouched by these accursed Undead. He rather doubted it, but since he had yet to find it there was no harm in entertaining such a fancy. In fact, such was his fancy that he hardly noticed the armored knight approaching him until his servant spoke.

"My lord, the area is cleared of Undead, but we have found no sign of the lich. How shall we proceed?"

Lucas glanced around, searching his memory for the route. If he remembered correctly...

"That way," he gestured.

Sure enough, a half-hour's travel along the base of the mountain had brought them before a set of crumbling ruins. Only, to a trained eye the ruins were not crumbling at all. The outer walls stood in disarray, but they were solid and free of ivy, and the courtyards were swept clean. There were no signs of life, of course, but a simple spell quickly revealed the echoes of dark magic lingering about the stones. The lich was here, no doubt about it.

Lucas gestured at his knights. "Go, clear the barracks and outer keep. I'll take care of the lich." They nodded and dispersed, leaving him to gaze at the tower of stone by himself. This was it, he supposed. One way or another, the mystery would come to a close. He would kill the lich, discover what it was doing here, and find out what kind of connection it had to the girl who had saved his life so long ago. He took a deep breath, strode up to the entrance, and with a mighty blow kicked in the rotting door.

Almost immediately, a skeleton sprang at him from the darkness within. Lucas ducked underneath its rusty blade and struck upwards with practiced ease. Reinfleche split the vile creature in two from hip to head, then whirled around to intercept the blade of the fallen skeleton's comrade. The two locked swords for a brief moment, before a gauntleted hand smashed the skeleton's skull into an explosion of jagged white shrapnel. The body staggered back, then joined its head on the ground as a downward strike crushed it utterly. Lucas shook his head in disappointment and moved on. An ambusher at the top of a staircase was dispatched with similar ease, as were his comrades, guarding a fine, oaken door. This, he opened in the same way he had the entrance to reveal the desiccated form of a lich, cowering behind a desk and brandishing a dagger. It opened its mouth, presumably to cast some kind of foul magic, but before it could utter a syllable Lucas had already crossed the room and struck the dagger from its hand. The creature paused, then stammered a weak accusation: "Y-you!"

Lucas paused. "You know me?" When the creature gave no answer, he surged forwards, pushing it against the wall with Reinfleche at its throat. "Tell me, foul creature - how came you upon this place? How do you know who I am?"

The lich coughed a few times, gingerly testing the blade's edge with a finger. "I should have known you were going to return," it finally wheezed. "Please, spare me - did we not do the same for you, so long ago?"

Lucas felt his blood go cold. Staggering back in shock, he stared at the lich in front of him. How could this be? How could he have ever entrusted himself to the care of an Undead? The maiden he remembered...she was possessed of such benevolence. How could she, someone he had so long esteemed as proof of humanity's future in the wastes, connected to this despicable being before him? A thought came to him, and it seized his heart with an icy grip - yet his heart refused to believe. Someone like her could not possibly fall to a state this low - an injustice like that would surely have torn the very fabric of the universe, so that the mournful cries of the angels would have been heard across the world.

"Impossible" he managed at last, "I, I was saved by..."

"A girl?" the lich interrupted, attempting a smirk. It flinched as Lucas raised his sword once again. "Wait, wait - I speak the truth. There, see for yourself." It extended a finger at something behind Lucas. He turned, discovering a crude portrait of a girl. She was exactly as he remembered: fair skin, black hair, mischievous eyes, and with the ghost of a smile still lingering on her lips. The painting hung by itself on the wall, over a small bed.

"She was my daughter," the lich explained, "before I became, well, Undead."

Lucas turned back towards it, hardly daring to believe.

The lich continued, eyes downcast and with a mournful tone in his voice. "She is gone now, of course. She wanted to see the world, maybe even learn what became of you. So, please, for her sake, if not for mine - spare me?"

Lucas stared at him, turned, and left without a word. He reached the bottom of the tower and gestured to one of his knights.

"The lich is inside. Kill him. The rest of you, we ride back to the castle."
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:25 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:
Vieronia Emberreaver
Onyx

"Dear, delicate matters are my thing. We're in Valyaria. All those Houses..? I needn't elaborate. Most things here are a delicate matter." Vieronia drummed her fingers on the table, staring at the man as if he were some halfwit that didn't understand a thing. Sighing, she shook her head. "Very well, then. There's a jewelry shop not too far from here. It has a very nice amulet, a diamond at its center, that I would like to own. You shall get that for me. If that fails, you shall get me the amount of gold I require to buy it for myself. Am I making myself clear..?" The Vvalyaar nodded to herself, tilting her head slightly. "Now, then. Tell me everything. Who is the target? How do you want me to intimidate him? I don't care for the why, just who and how. Preferably, you'll be quick about it!"

Azrael, Manor

Azrael nodded, and smirk just touching his lips.

"Very well, I shall acquire this amulet for you. However, in case it fails..." Azrael chuckled at that, "I would like to know the price that you would need. Now, for the target. He is a merchant, and I believe he is somewhere in Onyx, goes by the name of Haldir Miralar. AS for the intimidation, do whatever you like as long as he lives. Any other opposition and yopu may do with it what you like."
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:49 am

At Court, the Aeon Keep, Atlas, Kingdom of Achesia-

The list had continued for some time as Queen Alexandira twirled her red hair while leaning against the wooden arm of her throne. Droning on for some time her Steward was orating about the finances needed to conduct much needed repairs on the cities cobblestone streets, a strenuous conversation indeed as he argued with a landed knight whom had lived in Atlas for some time about the best ways to fund such an expedition. It was beginning to ware on the young queen who could barely hold her attention to such tedious matters. She could even tell that most of the court felt the same way as some of the ladies began to fan themselves furiously as they huffed and puffed over how long they had been standing. Perhaps, the Queen thought, that this was Lord Koud's way of ending court early so that he may take his afternoon's nap, boring everyone to death.

Fluttering her hand once more to her handmaiden, she waited for the young adolescent brunette girl to rush over with her goblet of fresh Summerset wine, a gift from King Christoffer of Summerset as a token of peace. Before taking the silver goblet she admired the quaint beauty of Addalynn, one of her most studious handmaidens. The wine as she sipped it felt smooth along her throat, and she had quite enjoyed the warm feeling that it brought to her fingertips. The tingling that ran along her arms and into her head and drowned out some of the boredom she was experiencing. Taking another few sips she scanned the crowd once more for her handsome smiling knight from before. Perhaps she had scared him away by staring or her informants had failed to be subtle in any way. Regardless she thought it strange that he would leave so suddenly, but maybe he had knightly things to attend to in preparation for the tourney she soon was to hold. It was but a few short days away when noble warriors, knights, and lords would fight and joust before her for the entertainment of the small folk. It was something she had always found to be supremely interesting, even if it was a bit violent for her taste. Yet even in the most violent parts of such grueling sport she could not help but be fixated at the climax of a lance, or the fall of a mace upon a breastplate.

Her daydreaming was once more shattered as an announcement came from the opposite side of the throne room, a guard announcing the entrance of an official delegation of some sort. Perhaps one of her vassal lords had come to pay a visit ahead of the tournament? However, she soon was surprised to learn that a group of Elves had come to pay her a visit from the small realm of Angamarata.

"Now entering, Lord Aldaos, of the realm of Angamarata, from the distant land of Eldrion!" The guard, clad in the red surcoat of House Daevous announced.

Queen Alexandria sat up on her throne, smiling as best as she could as the tingling from the Summerset wine still warmed her pale cheeks as she was sure she was blushing an embarrassing shade of red along
Last edited by Achesia on Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:17 am

“Things in Between”
Portsmouth, Tuscany Coast, Kingdom of Achesia

two things, one, I know I haven't been officially accepted yet but I was in the writing mood and Achesia was like, 'fuck it.' Also, I know that technically Silus is my main character but for the duration of this story arc I'll be focusing on his eldest daughter, Mariana. Oh, and thanks for having me. Good to be here :)

As the evening sun began to descend, the festival in the harbor district of Portsmouth was in full force. Among the waterfronts there were people playing music, dancing, feasting, and enjoying the merriment of the occasion. It was the Feast of the Tide - a commencement celebration of the whaling season celebrated every year by the citizens of the Tuscany Coast, Achesia's southeastern vassalage.

Lady Cecilia was present, as were her youngest children, Corban and Izaba. The Lady and her daughter looked radiant in their dresses, while the young Lords wore tunics of blue and gold. They all looked similar- tall with dirty blonde hair and muddy eyes, weathered skin and pearly white teeth. They mingled with the common people, and everyone was happy.

But not everyone was there. Lord Silus, Cecilia’s husband and Lord of the Coast, was nowhere to be found. Most assumed that it was because the Lord was plowing some pie on the edge of the festival grounds, or participating in a trident-throwing contest. Also missing was the house Maester, who supposedly excused himself from the festivities on account of some serious matters of state.

But then there was Mariana, the eldest daughter of the Silus and Cecilia. A serious girl she was known as by the people, who was intelligent but also implacable. She was very much like her mother’s family, for in her part of the Coast the women act as if they are men, and the men behave as if they are women. A strange place indeed.

Mariana was where she usually was during these sorts of festivals. Along the rocky, jagged cliffs the comprised the shores of the southeast, sat Mariana, under a old tree standing tall, like a monolith amongst the tall grass.

Mariana sat in silence as she stared out into the sea, watching the waves come in, and the slow movements of the clouds. She was wearing a dark green jerkin and a long skirt to match. She was tall and lithe, with dirty blonde hair and dark brown eyes that gave a penetrating gaze amongst a fair but weathered face.

Implacable she was, for she sat there, wondering what was beyond that Sea. She suspected that it was a world filled with beasts and men, and things in between.

Then she heard pounding of hooves against the soil. She didn't turn around to look. She knew it was someone that was looking for her. Someone that she hoped wouldn't.

“Mi’lady, your father and the Maester request your audience.” She knew the voice. It was Borlo, one of her father’s most trusted men.

“What is it, Borlo? I would rather not…”

“It is urgent, Mariana. Please come at once.”

Mariana rolled her eyes, and walked over to her horse, tied to the tree. The horse was as white as winter snow, and so too was its name. She loosened it from the tree and mounted it. She didn’t ride horses like a Lady- she rode them like a man.

She followed Borlo on horseback, through the tall grass and the strong breeze of the evening, through fields of gold with scattered trees.

Eventually, the duo came into view of Eagleton, the hold and home of House Lysander. Mariana cocked her head as they approached, admiring the keep's singular spire and cobblestone walls.

When they arrived, Mariana couldn’t help but notice how old the building was. Most buildings in the Reach, and Achesia, and the Coast were old, but this one especially. They gave their horses to a stable boy, and then they both approached the front gate. A guard on the walls motioned below to a gatekeeper and the wrought iron swung upon with a creak.

There were guards lurking about in the hallways, and it was fairly dark. They approached another door deeper inside, with guards posted on either side. Mariana suspected that it was some kind of an audience chamber- she was usually right about such things.

Borlo knocked on the door when they arrived to the audience chamber, waited for the reply to enter, then went back to his patrol as Mariana opened the door.

“Hello, Mariana, my dear,” said Lord Silus, who Mariana could not see due to all the darkness. A light flared, and a candle was lit, barely revealing Silus and his Maester, Loras. “I hope I have not interfered with any plans you may have had with the festival.”

Mariana shook her head as she said, “No, I had no plans tonight. What is going on, exactly? Why is it so dark?”

“Well, please excuse the gloom,” he began, “but this meeting is of a sensitive nature. The nature of our trouble is darker still. Its subject is Sommerset, and the issues surrounding the Reach of late. I do not what the consequences of this crisis will be in totality, or how it will impact Achesia, or the Coast. Perhaps you could find the reason. You could close the gluttonous jaws of Sommerset and help bring peace to the Reach, and deliver it from hegemony. I ask this of you as your King, and also as your father.”

“…I don’t understand.”

Before she could respond to that, her father interjected. “The Coast has for many years now been isolated and aloof from the affairs of Achesia and the Reach beyond. I believe that the situation in Sommerset illustrates the reality that we can no longer sit idly by and watch the world move forward. It is for this reason that the Coast must now seek out new potential friends and allies, that might make common cause with us. The tournament in Atlas might be a good place to start. We would have you travel there. If you can do this for me, I would be most relieved.”

Mariana sighed. "Maester, father. I don’t understand what all this means. Talks of expansion in Somerset, a world away. Who gives a shit? The only thing that matters is what is right, and pursuing justice and upholding noble virtues.”

Silus smiled. “This is precisely why I want you to lead the way. The world is filled with crooks and cutthroats. Who else can represent the Coast the way it ought to be represented? I am old and less than gracious, especially with those Pandorian fellows, and not nearly as intelligent as you. Both of your brothers have their virtues, yes, but both could never hold a candle to you, Mariana. You are intelligent, willful beautiful, kind and just. You are everything a father could want in a daughter. And I believe that you have what it takes to navigate through this mess and find a way to make a stronger, safer Tuscany Coast, and maybe even deliver Achesia from the crises in the Reach, Gods be willing.”

“I will do my best. That is all I can promise.”

Before she could say anything more, the King dismissed her, friendly but absolute. “Now, my daughter, rest well tonight, for tomorrow you depart for Atlas.”

And so it was that Lady Mariana of the Tuscany Coast would finally learn to what extent that Erorsis was a world filled with beasts and men, and things in between.
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:39 am, edited 9 times in total.

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:15 am

King Edmyn Gardener
Council Chambers

Edmyn wore his black and blue tunic with had a wolf over his right breast. The mighty wolf, It was held dear by Edmyn as he compared his temperament to one of the wolves in Harwood Forrest aswell as the fact that his late mother had chosen the beast for Edmyn as they were akin in nature and in spirit.

Edmyn sat with members of his High Council, They had important matters to discuss such as the Letter from Achesia, Possible Bandit Camp at the edge of their borders and the usual discontent with Edmyn's Mistresses. As the Meeting began Edmyn remembered that 10 years ago just around sunrise, The first Rioters attacked Legionnaires in the street.

"You Majesty, who should we send to Achesia as our Diplomat?" His cousin Wulfhansa asked, Wulfhansa Gardener was only a child when Edmyn became kind 10 years ago, Wulf barely remembered the Riots and for that Edmyn was thankful as those days were bloody. Wulfhansa looked identical to Edmyn besides the fact that he had bright green eyes compared to Edmyn's Blue.

"You shall go to Atlas and meet with the Young Queen, I trust that you can secure an alliance with the Young Queen and while you are in Atlas" Edmyn said as paused and smiled at his cousin. "Go find a good looking girl and have a wonderful time. We've got a few more things to talk about, Bandit camp to the Northwest most importantly. Send Legions to find them, Engage and terminate those who dare think about attacking our people. If they have women and children bring them back to Lenora, Imprison the Warrior women, send the male children to the Military academy and the women to Lady Margot. She runs an orphanage for young girls, she'll treat them right"

Edmyn was not the kindest person but he tried, He was a warrior raised and born to kill but his heart would always conflict with his mind. His mind told him death and destruction was the way but his heart would say kindness and caring for life was the way. Edmyn would often be conflicted but in the end one would win.

"Yes, You majesty." Harlow Storms, A elderly General said "The First Legion shall dispatch men to deal with the issue"

"Now onto the more important issue, Your Mistresses. Your Grace, If one is to be impregnated you will be creating a mess within the Realm. Bastard Children might rebel against your trueborn. All in All it's bad for your name and the Realm. We also have had a numerous number of Lords asking if you'd like to take their daughters hand in marriage." Eddard said, Eddard was a friend of Edmyn's father and his most trusted advisor but Edmyn never listen to him when it came to women.

"They want to marry the King of Lenora? Why would I marry a women who just wants to be powerful? I won't marry anyone unless they've got their own power. I ain't talking about no minor lady of a small house. I want somebody who can match me in everything. She has to be able to stand on her own two feet and fight for whats hers. If not, she's not worth my time" Edmyn said as he motioned for the room to clear as he had knew that Eddard would only lecture him more.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:55 am

Vieronia Emberreaver
Onyx

"Intimidating a merchant? How tremendously exciting. Fear not, my good man, I shall make this happen for you." Vieronia sighed, looking at the man. "Two hundred. That's how much that amulet costs, if you for some reason can't get it." Shrugging, she looked at her empty glass on the table. She could do with some more wine, but alas, that would most likely only incite a few odd looks from her 'visitor'. "Very well, then. If you do not have anything else to say, I suggest you take your leave. Return in a day or two. The deed will be done by then." Nodding to herself, the Vvalyaar stepped away from the table, motioning for the hallway as her servant opened the door leading to it, waiting for the man to take his leave.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Dernland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dernland » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:38 am

Aeon Keep, Atlas

I stood, warmly wrapped within my grey cloak and steeped in hypothetical thoughts. The same ones from the gate seemed to repeat though my mind. How would they receive us? No elf of any significance has stepped out of Eldrion in centuries. Shadows of the past, bedtime stories to wow young children perhaps. I was ripped from my inner monologue by the large double doors being suddenly flung open.

"Now entering, Lord Aldaos, of the realm of Angamarata, from the distant land of Eldrion!" Ennis' voice echoed from within.

"Na Vedui!" I exclaimed to the others as I scrambled upright. They jumped up from the ground where they had been conversing and formed up behind me. We were silent from then on in stark contrast to the cacophony of sounds that poured out of the great hall. At a signal from the guard I took the first few tentative steps through the archway and into the hall, followed closely by my Rangers. The entire room was packed with people, all of whom fell silent as we entered. The crowd parted and murmurs arose, filling the hall with a low droning. I kept going, much more confident now, at least on the outside. The five of us were nearly identical with our faces masked and hooded and me being in front of the rest was the only indication that I was in charge. Our field-grey cloaks flowed behind us as if on a calm summer breeze, seeming near white in contrast to the dark room.

I was not quite sure where to stand, whether it would be the center of the room or the base of the throne. Nonetheless I stopped at the edge of the crowd, several feet away from the queen's dais. There was a short and awkward pause as I tried to gather my thoughts. The Queen wasn't exactly what I'd imagined. She was young, perhaps barely older than I, and beset on all sides by councilors and advisors. Not what I'd expected at all.

Still, I gave a small bow, not quite befitting of her station. "Your Highness, I am Lord Iannor Aldaos. These are my companions: Mírdan, Cúos, Aegon, and Málhir." I said, pointing out each of the Rangers. They all knelt respectfully as their names were spoken, drawing back their hoods and masks as they did so. I, however, remained motionless. "I come bearing dark tidings, as well as to ask a small favor of you, if you are willing to hear me out."
I am a Mormon

I have no wives
I love jello

I don't hate homosexuals

I'm not rich.

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:49 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:
Vieronia Emberreaver
Onyx

"Intimidating a merchant? How tremendously exciting. Fear not, my good man, I shall make this happen for you." Vieronia sighed, looking at the man. "Two hundred. That's how much that amulet costs, if you for some reason can't get it." Shrugging, she looked at her empty glass on the table. She could do with some more wine, but alas, that would most likely only incite a few odd looks from her 'visitor'. "Very well, then. If you do not have anything else to say, I suggest you take your leave. Return in a day or two. The deed will be done by then." Nodding to herself, the Vvalyaar stepped away from the table, motioning for the hallway as her servant opened the door leading to it, waiting for the man to take his leave.

Azrael nodded, and turned towards the door. But before exiting the room, he tossed a bag of coin towards her from underneath his cloak. "I believe it is half up front? You should find 100 in there. Now then, I shall take my leave, and I will return exactly 2 days hence. I hope that I shan't be dissapointed." he said, before walking through the doorway, and out of the manor.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

Theyra
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:02 pm

Pandora
Orisis
Elere M'irgur

Elere after meeting her husband and getting information on how the meeting went with Ancalem. She was in the meeting room with her husband and he adviser about who to send to the Red Rock Republic. "So Athik you suggest that we send Kiran to meet with the Red Rock Republic? Elere ask her husband Athik who was also her adviser.

"Yes I think we should since she is the best one for the task and she will represent our interests". Athik said in a confident tone and other adviser spoke up.

"I agree since she had been to Red Rock before though that was back before it was a republic and she can handle herself".

"Then I will send Kiran to meet with this Archduke and let's see if we can reach a deal with him". "Maybe he will be open to the agreement that I have for him". Just as the meeting was going to close, a messenger comes forward with message.

"My Princess, gifts and a diplomat from Summerset have arrived and the diplomat wished to speak to you".

Elere had on confused look on face, "Summerest? "What reason did the diplomat say from coming here?

"For friendship my princess", both Elere and Athik looked at each other.

"Then I will meet with him at once and Athik send word for Kiran to go to Red Rock as soon as possible". With that Elere made her way to meet with the diplomat and half-a-hour later Kiran left the city and was on her way to Red Rock.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Orsinium
Red Rock City
Aiwin Veranius Arrianus

It had taken a while but, Aiwin managed to find some work after he got a room at the inn. It was a odd job really and it was just till he can fine some real work. He was sitting in the inn and was eating some food. The food that he ordered was good and it was weird that people of different races living together and living without nobles. For once in a long time he was glad that he was no longer a noble. He was always tired of the politics back home with the political maneuvering and the backstabbing...... Mainly the backstabbing part given his past and felt that maybe he could live here. Or once he could buy a house and get a real job. And then of course the part of when or if he should get revenge on his half-brother. The thought of this may his blood boil as he eat and after he finished eating. He left the the inn to get some fresh air and to calm down. It may be a long day for Aiwin and things are starting to look good for him.

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:59 pm

Austin Tatwulf

Not even the mightiest of the orcs could have cut through the tension that hung in the air around the small table where a variety of people sat with cards in their hands. An impressive stack of gold, silver, and other valuables was located in the center of the table, and every man, elf, dwarf, and orc seated had their eyes on the prize in front of them as the last hand of the game was dealt.

Sitting in the corner of the table with an equally impressive amount of empty mead glasses sat Austin Tatwulf, and things were not looking good for him. He had bid his last coin in this last ditch effort, and as he looked down towards his cards, his head stooped down in defeat. His competition couldn't help but notice this and were quick to make fun of the young man. More specifically, a middle-aged orc that sat directly across from Austin made sure to make the young man feel like the fool he was.

"You idiot! You've bet your last coin on this hand, even though you haven't won a single one yet! To think that you reachmen like to think of us orcs as stupid! Bahaha!"

The Orc let out a harsh laugh as the others joined in on the fun. The young ranger didn't seem too bothered, however. Instead, he simply let out a long sigh as he waited for the decisions of the other gamblers around him. Most of them let out a string of curses as they realized they had no chance at winning the hand. One by one, they all gave up and folded their hands until only Austin and the orc who had insulted him earlier. The orc let loose an evil grin as he threw a coin into the pile.

"I'm still in. Looks like you can't say the same, however. You've got nothing left to bid, therefore I win the hand by default."

The orc had begun to reach across the table when suddenly a dagger landed mere centimeters away from his fingertips. The orc yelped in surprise before staring back at Austin. The orc let out a beast-like growl and was about to reach for his own dagger when Austin held his hand up.

"Tha's what I bid. A custom dagger, its blade engraved in silver with my master's crest. Compared to wha' ya threw in, I'm actually outbidding ya by quite some amount. Tha' means ya 'ave to at least match me, or I win the hand. So wha' do ya say, orc?"

A sharp and hostile tone was clearly heard by everyone around the table. They stared back at the orc in anticipation of what the orc would do. The orc, infuriated that he had been tricked, emptied out what remained of his coin purse on the table, a look of contempt for the Reachman as he did. This only caused Austin to grin as he saw the orc's confidence slowly begin to crumble. The orc, aware of this, decided it was time to end the hand once and for all and threw his cards down for all to see. It was almost a perfect hand that everyone at the table was sure would trump anything the young man had.

However, Austin was undaunted by the sight of the orc's hand. In fact, a small grin came across his face. At first, the orc thought that the man had simply broken down after seeing his defeat. But as Austin laid down his hand, that thought was quickly dashed from his mind. A perfect hand lay in front of him, trumping the orc's hand. Every jaw around the table had dropped at the sight, and the table fell silent as the shock hit overwhelmed everyone.

Austin took no heed of this, however, and simply began to scoop his newly gained wealth into his sack, starting first with his dagger. As the last coin fell into the sack, the orc finally was able to collect himself enough to stand up in protest. Anger and disbelief filled his face, and his hand soon reached once more towards his dagger. Seeing this, the remaining contestants did the same, and soon Austin was surrounded with a variety of weapons. He quickly raised his hands to show that he wasn't resisting, a sly grin on his face as he made a tsk tsk noise in disapproval.

"Now, ladies, gentlemen, others," Austin glanced towards the orc with that last word, "let's not get upset here. I won fair and square and you have to respect that fact. Now if you excuse me-"

The orc's dagger inched dangerously closer to Austin's face.

"Bullshit! You cheated, no doubt about it! Now give us all you collected, and we'll think about letting you leave with your life."

Austin shook his head, faining a look of being hurt by the accusations.

"Now tha's simply unfair to say. I'm shocked to think tha' ya would think tha' I, an honorable man, would do such a dastardly thing. I was simply lucky this hand. I swear it."

A dwarf standing next to the orc shook his head.

"We'll need more convincing than that, lad."

Austin sighed, before slowly reaching into the sack and retrieving a single coin. The others looked around at each other, confused at what he was doing. He gave them a polite smile before placing the coin on his finger.

"Lads, I 'ave a solution. I shall flip this coin, an' it shall determine wha' I owe ya. Now watch carefully, ya won't want to miss this."

With that, Austin flipped the coin towards the sky. The others' eyes followed it as it flipped from head to tails rapidly in the sky. By the time it hit the ground, the young man was gone with the orc's own dagger embedded in his chest. A loud shout erupted from the group as they realize that they had been tricked. They rushed out from the tavern, but the young man had disappeared in the bustling crowd that was outside. They cursed their luck before reluctantly heading back inside the tavern to see what the status of their orc friend was. It was soon discovered that he was dead, the blade embedded straight through his heart. Going to the guards wasn't an option for these folk either, as they were known criminals in the city and going forward to report the crime would only result in their own imprisonment. With no other options, they reluctantly dragged the body away to a nearby alleyway. Such was life in the crime-ridden areas of Atlas.

By the time they had dumped the body, Austin was already halfway across the capital. He had jumped up to the rooftop of an adjacent building and made his escape from there. If one had the ability to do it, traveling by rooftop was the fastest way of travel in a crowded environment like this. He was used to jumping from tree to tree back home, so jumping from the tightly packed buildings was no problem for Austin. After he had traveled far enough away to feel comfortable, he dove down into a nearby hay bail that served as a cushion for his fall, much to the surprise of the donkey that had been having a quick snack.

He quickly jumped out of the cart, making sure to get out of the area as quickly as possible. He kept moving for the majority of the day until the sun had begun to set. After listening in to the conversation of some of the local guards, he heard no reports of his escape and murder of the orc. While it may have seen cold hearted for him to do to the casual observer, Austin had planned on killing that man the second he stepped into the tavern. The man was a known child molester of the local orphans in the area, and Austin knew that the guards wouldn't dare try to arrest him in that environment. It would take a damn army to get through his goonies, and he would've simply escaped through the cracks in the ensuing chaos.

No, Austin did what he did for the sake of the children. It may have been brutal and deceitful, but the job was done none the less. And, as an added bonus, he had nearly quadrupled the amount of personal spending money that he had arrived with. All in a day's work, he thought as he made his way to a rather high-quality tavern to stay in. While it was by no means the most regal of places, it was clean, friendly, and most importantly, safe.

Approaching the counter, the host looked questionably at the young man in front of him, obviously doubting that he had the coin to afford the place. Austin smirked at the thought and proceeded to place enough coins to rent a room for a week. The host, surprised but eager to have a new customer, gave Austin a warm smile. Austin knew it was fake, but still, it felt good to be welcomed. He was led upstairs to a small yet impressive looking room. As part of his payment, he was guaranteed three meals a day. Much to his delight, that included as much mead and ale as he wanted.

Content, Austin plopped down onto the soft bed below him. His bed back home was as stiff as a board, so this was definitely a luxury he would cherish. After enjoying the feel of the bed for a bit longer, he eventually rolled to his feet and began to strip down to more casual clothing instead of his usual outfit. The removal of the weight was a welcome feeling for him, and he was eager to let the leather dry out a bit. It had begun to stink and needed to be washed. That included most of his other clothing, save for what he was wearing. His host had told him of an adjacent bath house that was affiliated with the tavern where he could bath as well as get his clothing washed as long as he had the coin. He gladly took up the offer, and soon he was soaking in a tub of heated water. The feeling of dirt washing away from his skin was almost orgasmic, and he quickly lost track of time. Before he knew it, an elderly woman who was the owner of the bathhouse was tapping on his shoulder, informing him that his clothes were ready. He thanked the old woman and waited for her to leave before reluctantly got out of the tub. He dried himself off next to a fire before putting on his freshly washed clothes. Both he and his clothes smelled great, and he couldn't be any happier.

With that done, he made his way back to the tavern. After dropping off his things in his room, he made his way down to where the other guests were congregated. Unlike the dark and foreboding tavern that he had been in earlier, a more lighthearted mood was present in the building. A bard sang of tales of the Attican Empire of long ago and barmaids smiled with rosy cheeks as they kept the stream of alcohol flowing. Austin helped himself to a few glasses, exchanging small talk with some of the other guests. Rumors were exchanged from people from all across Erorris. What he heard both amused him and worried him at the same time.

Tensions were high across the lands. The Imperium of Valyaria, a massive empire just south of the Reach, was becoming restless. Whispers of possibilities of conflict had spread slowly and was mostly dismissed as either over exaggeration or as an outright lie. Still, Austin was troubled at the thought. Should a conflict break out, his home would be caught in the middle of it. He'd make sure that Knight Randall would be informed of this when he got back.

The dark news didn't stop there as well. Rumors had spread that sightings of undead were becoming more and more common. Local kingdoms seemed to be able to deal with the small outbreaks, but should the undead rise in numbers...Austin shuddered at the thought. He'd rather it be a band of orcs than an army of undead. He preferred his enemy to be able to bleed. Battling skeleton remains of foes long dead just didn't fly with the young man.

Still, there was some good news. Various neighboring kingdoms were apparently seeking out peace with the Kingdom of Achesia. A merchant from Summerset told how they had sent their kingdom's famous winery as well as other splendid gifts to Achesia as well as other various kingdoms. A band of official-looking elves had been spotted making their way to the castle as well, obviously belonging to some elven kingdom. It was a good sign, and Austin hoped that it would mean peace for the time being. Still, should war come, he was prepared to do his duty to protect Knight Randall and his estate.

Maybe I'll finally be able to relax, he thought. Maybe.
Last edited by New Finnish Republic on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse