NATION

PASSWORD

Legends of Eroris II: Interregnum[OOC/OPEN/Fantasy-Medieval]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:52 pm

Posted :p

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:42 pm

Could someone kindly give me the lowdown as to what is going on in the IC and were the best place be for a Nordic sellsword would be?
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:54 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:Could someone kindly give me the lowdown as to what is going on in the IC and were the best place be for a Nordic sellsword would be?

Hmmm. I think atm most are just learning of the Dread cult.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Achesia wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:Could someone kindly give me the lowdown as to what is going on in the IC and were the best place be for a Nordic sellsword would be?

Ineed. So is there anyone with coin that would need the services of a guy whose only purpose in life is to hit thing till there dead?
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:35 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Ineed. So is there anyone with coin that would need the services of a guy whose only purpose in life is to hit thing till there dead?

Maybe he teams up with Austin? Finn's character?

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:41 pm

Achesia wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:

Maybe he teams up with Austin? Finn's character?

Could be interesting, that is if Finn wants to do that. I am planing on makeing my guy a bit of a tank, so perhaps having an ally who can be quiet would help.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:19 pm

Rasmus Gunnar

Race: Nord
Gender/Sex: Male
Class: Warrior
Equipment: Rasmus carries as long staff made of hardened oak, he uses this both as a walking stick and as a weapon. Along with the staff he carries a steel longsword, a family heirloom that has been passed from father to son as long as anyone can remeber. It is a family legend that this sword was once used by Orrin Stormcrown. There is no real truth to this legend, but the sword does exhibit some peculiarities such as it near perfect edge that hasn't needed sharpening and the fact that the elements seem to have no effect upon the metal of the blade. For clothing Rasmus where's animal furs and has leather harnesses for carrying other equipment.

On his person there is nearly always a waterskin filled with mead and at least three days worth of salted meat and cheese.
Skills: Rasmus, like his father and his father's father, has been trained as a warrior. Rasmus is therefore only really good at one thing and that is killing whatever is in front of him. His life long training has made him physically fit and years of fighting and killing have toughened his mind, not making him a block of ice, but at the same time making him less prone to battle fatigue.

Over the years of his travels he has picked up a few other useful skills, how to track small game and little survival tricks that have kept him alive.
Weaknesses: Rasmus is not what one would call a people person. He is gruff and abrasive and lacks social skills that most other people have. He is by nature a very large man which makes him more likely to be seen when trying to sneak around.
Bio:
Rasmus was born, like any good Nord is born, in the wintery lands of Norravägg. His place of birth was an unassuming little village near Highmarch. His mother died shortly after his birth and for most of his early childhood he was raised by his aunt, his father going of and doing the family business of killing things for the local Jarl. This was a rather calm time for the young Rasmus, but it soon ended upon his sixth birthday.

That was when his father began to train him in the noble traditions of his family. He spent the next 14 years of his life running, lifting sacks of flour till his arms ached and swinging wooden training swords far heavier than any actual longsword. He became strong and skilled in the art of the sword, more so than his father according to some. Like his father he also became muscle for the Jarl of Highmarch.

Court intrigue plugs all of Eroris, and Highmarch was not immune. Of particular interest to the Jarl was the sword the elder Gunnar carried. It was rumored to have been used by the great Orrin Stormcrown. There are many such swords that are rumoured to have been held by this great figure of Nordic history, but the sword of the Gunnars did indeed show particularities. It was well over 500 years old, yet showed no signs of rust, no pitting or dulling of its bright sheen. This sword's edge as well never did seem to get dull and was far keener than any common sword should have been. Even if it weren't the rumored property of Orrin it would have been a very uncommon and very sought after weapon. The Jarl of Highmarch lusted for it. And so the ground was set for betrayal.

Rasmus and his father had been told they had to go and kill a group of brigands who had been causing problems for local farmers. As the two men made their way to the brigands were last reported being at they were waylaid. Ten men wearing cloaks that shadowed there faces attacked them. A monstrous fight began, and for a while the father and son seemed to be winning, till the elder Gunner was struck in the neck by an arrow. In desperate rage Rasmus grabbed on of the hooded figures by the head and threw him into the ground, revealing his face. It was one of the Jarl's own men. It was than the Rasmus knew he and his father had been betrayed. Taking the sword of his family and narrowly escaping, Rasmus made his way to Highmarch.

Once back at Highmarch he confronted the Jarl. Naturally the Jarl was surprised to see Rasmus alive, but feigned innocence. Rasmus showed the head of one of the men who attacked him, one of the Jarls trusted guards. There was the rasping of steel and leather as swords were drawing and in a blinding instance of violence, rage, and grief the Jarl of Highmarh's head was loosened from his shoulder. For the second time that day Rasmus had to escape death.

Since then he has traveled. Selling his services as a swordsman to the highest bidder as he slowly made his way south. Now, far from the lands of ice and snow he called home he finds himself nearing the city of Atlas and the Kingdome of Achesia. Perhaps his skills would be needed in the Reach as well.
RP Sample:
Outbreak
Free Traders

Personality: Rasmus is rough around the edges and not afraid to speak his mind when ever he wants to. He is crass and rude and cares not of what other people think of him. In short he is not a people pleaser.
Likes: Mead, killing what need killing, gold of any variety.
Dislikes: In general the nobility, people.
Voice:
Theme Song:
(Feel free to add anything else!)
The PIE! - Don't Remove; For Tracking
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Tagali Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tagali Federation » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:53 pm

Quick question, if they're in the same noble family, do I need to make an app for each one?
[spoiler=Nation Info]The Tagali Federation- An FT Nation made up of dozens of species.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:18 pm

Tagali Federation wrote:Quick question, if they're in the same noble family, do I need to make an app for each one?

Um...don't think so? Unless they're going to be major characters.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:54 pm

Everhall wrote:All above apps are approved!

Sweet. I'll post sometime this weekend.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:11 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Everhall wrote:All above apps are approved!

Sweet. I'll post sometime this weekend.

You planning on being in Atlas?

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:18 pm

Achesia wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:Sweet. I'll post sometime this weekend.

You planning on being in Atlas?

That's the plan. From what I have gathered all is not well in the city, and I figure a sellsword such as Rasmus would be attracted to a place that may need someone of his skill set. That and it seems most people are concentrated in that particular city.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Communist Xomaniax
Minister

Founded: May 02, 2010

Postby Communist Xomaniax » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:47 am

So would it be cool to write up an app for an Orc tribe trying to unite all of Orsinium, or perhaps a mercenary group?
MT: Democratic People's Republic of Phansi Uhlanga
FT: Ozun Freeholds Confederation

tren hard, eat clen, anavar give up
The strongest bond of human sympathy outside the family relation should be one uniting working people of all nations and tongues and kindreds.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:01 pm

Communist Xomaniax wrote:So would it be cool to write up an app for an Orc tribe trying to unite all of Orsinium, or perhaps a mercenary group?

Sounds like an interesting idea to me

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:26 pm

So I think I have caught up with the IC. So there's a cult that summoned something that summoned some more things that killed everyone in the village Fins character comes from. There is politicking going on in Atlas, wars are brewing elsewhere.

Is that every thing I should be aware of?

Also, what time of day is it?
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:So I think I have caught up with the IC. So there's a cult that summoned something that summoned some more things that killed everyone in the village Fins character comes from. There is politicking going on in Atlas, wars are brewing elsewhere.

The city of Yherion is presumably being destroyed by a Dreadic invasion army currently.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:37 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:So I think I have caught up with the IC. So there's a cult that summoned something that summoned some more things that killed everyone in the village Fins character comes from. There is politicking going on in Atlas, wars are brewing elsewhere.

Thats the just of it. Nice.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:40 pm

Zanera wrote:

The city of Yherion is presumably being destroyed by a Dreadic invasion army currently.

Where is that?

Found it.

Also, what time of day is it? Is it night time, early morning or some other time?

Anywho, what should I expect when my character reaches Atlas?
Last edited by Ithalian Empire on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:47 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Zanera wrote:

Where is that?

Found it.

Also, what time of day is it? Is it night time, early morning or some other time?

It's whatever time you want it to be haha. And idk the city is normal atm as news of the Dread hasnt spread much yet.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:49 pm

Achesia wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:Where is that?

Found it.

It's whatever time you want it to be haha. And idk the city is normal atm as news of the Dread hasnt spread much yet.

Alrighty then.

With that out of the way, anyone got the gold to hire a rather large Nord?
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:16 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Alrighty then.

Will my character is a vagrant so uh...
Mine doesn't.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:29 am

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Alrighty then.

Well... My character is the larger Nord, I guess... So...

Mine doesn't.
Nothing to see here, move along.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:17 am

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Alrighty then.

That depends...

Who got the victory money in that tournament, Achesia?
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:24 am

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:
Alrighty then.

That depends...

Who got the victory money in that tournament, Achesia?

No one, cause the champion refused the purse.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse