NATION

PASSWORD

A Flash of Light: 1760 [AH, OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The imperial canadian dutchy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:37 pm

Western PaciFic Territories wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:http://i.imgur.com/CDquyUt.png
Adjusting of Claims
-Rio de la Plata Delta
-A fuck ton of tiny shitty atlantic islands
-Las Malvinas
Also you've forgotten my African trading posts of Mogadishu, Lindi, Lagos,
and my Indian possessions of Bombay *Made before Gtech so don't worry there.

Nobody gonna mention the random expansion of his South African claims?

Can you note the word Adjusting, as in addition, after I didn't realize all of my previous colonies were claimed under Spain
e

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:39 pm

:roll:
It doesn't master too much. I can just claim everything south of the Orange River for myself, if you don't like it we'll kill all your guys swamp Turk.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:40 pm

New Granadeseret wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:
You dropped America after I was already reserving Bombay actually.

*American reservation was under UKs reservation, which was a lot older then yours

*Muhgals are accepted before your reservation was acknowledged by OP. Also, rule of thumb; colonial trading ports in Africa and Asia need a fort/factory and soldiers there to work. You basically just admitted you don't plan on manning Bombay at least.

*You new map diden't have those extra Africa possessions as far as I saw

*Muhgals are accepted before your reservation was acknowledged by OP. Also, rule of thumb; colonial trading ports in Africa and Asia need a fort/factory and soldiers there to work. You basically just admitted you don't plan on manning Bombay at least.

What exactly is the point of a reservation then anyways? If I reserved it in a post before his, it should go to me, There was no rule to the contrary in the OP, regardless of which app was done first. The point of a reservation is to reserve land, It should not matter as Bombay was in my original reserving map that had no conflicts with anyone. And on the soldiers thing, come on we both know I was joking when I used to be clear here, a Greentext arrow, I obviously have men there.

Also which African territories are the issue here?
Not to be rude or anything, but it's just not cricket, to be pertinent
Last edited by The imperial canadian dutchy on Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
e

New Granadeseret
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Granadeseret » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:52 pm

New Granadeseret wrote:

*American reservation was under UKs reservation, which was a lot older then yours

*You new map diden't have those extra Africa possessions as far as I saw

Let's lawyer this then, *Muhgals are accepted before your reservation was acknowledged by OP. Also, rule of thumb; colonial trading ports in Africa and Asia need a fort/factory and soldiers there to work. You basically just admitted you don't plan on manning Bombay at least.

What exactly is the point of a reservation then anyways? If I reserved it in a post before his, it should go to me, There was no rule to the contrary in the OP, regardless of which app was done first. The point of a reservation is to reserve land, It should not matter as Bombay was in my original reserving map that had no conflicts with anyone.

Yes, there's no official rule by the OP contradicting you... or supporting you, which means GTech's claim is (as far as the rules are considered) equal to yours. Therefore, I have to make a decision as to how I represent things on the map, as having it owned by two factions would be impossible and create major confusion, and the best way to do that in my opinion was to take PLessur's "Official" acceptances/reservations in the OP as the baseline . If PLessur or Liecthenbourg weighs in otherwise, I'll be more then happy to change the map to reflect that.

(Though, if I may give my honest opintion, with the Dutch specifically the map is starting to look a bit absurd. People just sticking minor claims on plots of land with no rhyme of reason. The New World actually looks quite clean and sensible, but Africa and Asia are increasingly looking becoming messes of "Age of Imperialism being completed by 1760"
Last edited by New Granadeseret on Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stannis was robbed.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:26 pm

New Granadeseret wrote:
Let's lawyer this then, *Muhgals are accepted before your reservation was acknowledged by OP. Also, rule of thumb; colonial trading ports in Africa and Asia need a fort/factory and soldiers there to work. You basically just admitted you don't plan on manning Bombay at least.

What exactly is the point of a reservation then anyways? If I reserved it in a post before his, it should go to me, There was no rule to the contrary in the OP, regardless of which app was done first. The point of a reservation is to reserve land, It should not matter as Bombay was in my original reserving map that had no conflicts with anyone.

Yes, there's no official rule by the OP contradicting you... or supporting you, which means GTech's claim is (as far as the rules are considered) equal to yours. Therefore, I have to make a decision as to how I represent things on the map, as having it owned by two factions would be impossible and create major confusion, and the best way to do that in my opinion was to take PLessur's "Official" acceptances/reservations in the OP as the baseline . If PLessur or Liecthenbourg weighs in otherwise, I'll be more then happy to change the map to reflect that.

(Though, if I may give my honest opintion, with the Dutch specifically the map is starting to look a bit absurd. People just sticking minor claims on plots of land with no rhyme of reason. The New World actually looks quite clean and sensible, but Africa and Asia are increasingly looking becoming messes of "Age of Imperialism being completed by 1760"

It's cool Gran. Without steam, quinine, or the Gatling Gun, I don't anticipate the more outlandish colonies lasting long.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:05 pm

The above is rather true.

That being said, the most vital question I have rn is if Italys South Africa colony is stationing troops. If it is it could cause trouble, if not then I will likely take it.

Even at the expense of likely invasion. Kaapkolonie for Kaapkoloniers.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:04 pm

Western PaciFic Territories wrote:The above is rather true.

That being said, the most vital question I have rn is if Italys South Africa colony is stationing troops. If it is it could cause trouble, if not then I will likely take it.

Aren't there like 5 of you
e

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:05 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
New Granadeseret wrote:

It's cool Gran. Without steam, quinine, or the Gatling Gun, I don't anticipate the more outlandish colonies lasting long.

You haven't seen our secret weapon Image
e

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:07 pm

New Granadeseret wrote:

Legitimately all of my claims are like one City Trading posts as the was the standard Venetian practice in the Mediterranean. The South African colony and Argentina colony exceptions
e

Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:30 pm

Western PaciFic Territories wrote:The above is rather true.

Aren't there like 52,000 of you

FTFY

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:34 pm

New Granadeseret wrote:

Legitimately all of my claims are like one City Trading posts as the was the standard Venetian practice in the Mediterranean. The South African colony and Argentina colony exceptions

>second largest city in India
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Conchabira
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conchabira » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:03 pm

New Granadeseret wrote:

Speaking of which why the hell was my claim to there discarded? When did you even claim that region? I don't remember seeing it in your original reservation?

New Granadeseret
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Granadeseret » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:43 pm

Conchabira wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:Legitimately all of my claims are like one City Trading posts as the was the standard Venetian practice in the Mediterranean. The South African colony and Argentina colony exceptions

Speaking of which why the hell was my claim to there discarded? When did you even claim that region? I don't remember seeing it in your original reservation?

The claim on what? Uruguay? Clarify please
Stannis was robbed.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:29 pm

The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:Legitimately all of my claims are like one City Trading posts as the was the standard Venetian practice in the Mediterranean. The South African colony and Argentina colony exceptions

If you really want I can switch it to a shitty city if that makes you feel better about it.
e

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:39 pm

If you really want I can switch it to a shitty city if that makes you feel better about it.

I mean, I'll probably be busy returning such possessions to Mughal sovereignty at the start of the RP regardless :P

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:11 pm

I mean, I'll probably be busy returning such possessions to Mughal sovereignty at the start of the RP regardless :P

Still you're probably right regardless how did a bunch of shitty Venetians get Mumbai, I'll Drop Mumbai and keep Surat
https://gyazo.com/ece4fc8f3380a492f29c010951f34614
Last edited by The imperial canadian dutchy on Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Sorry for my relative inactivity, I've been a bit busy with this Christmas season.

Is this still alive? Still beating? :P
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:30 pm

Is it too late to retake my reservation?

I would like to into uberpowered Netherlands
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:49 pm

Danceria wrote:Is it too late to retake my reservation?

I have reserved them and is a working on an appski
I'm really tired

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:53 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Danceria wrote:Is it too late to retake my reservation?

I have reserved them and is a working on an appski

Sad noises
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:03 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:Sorry for my relative inactivity, I've been a bit busy with this Christmas season.

Is this still alive? Still beating? :P

I sure hope so, I'm still waiting for Pless to accept my app
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:11 pm

Is Hungary still reserved?
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:25 pm

Alleniana wrote:https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/244801450109042688/261679002677149696/unknown.png claims of mine that are not mapped and were claimed before anyone else did, though I admit I could've been clearer

Welp, just more European possessions to invade.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:46 pm

Alleniana wrote:https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/244801450109042688/261679002677149696/unknown.png claims of mine that are not mapped and were claimed before anyone else did, though I admit I could've been clearer

Welp, just more European possessions to invade.

*shrug*
I have other plans...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse