NATION

PASSWORD

A Flash of Light: 1760 [AH, OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Elderowa
Senator

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Elderowa » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:27 pm

Sorry guys, I've decided I'm just gonna drop out all together. I can't really think of anything fun to do with a Siberian/Crimean Khanate, and the IC is already in full steam. I'm also busy working on an RP project of my own, so just cancel my Reservation.

PLESSUR
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby PLESSUR » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:28 pm

Greater Slavic Union wrote:
Greater Slavic Union wrote:Indeed. I did not explin myself well. The Kingdom of Bohemia comprises Lusatia, Silesia, BOHEMIA itself, and Moravia. I could RP as the DUKE of Bohemia, maybe, as it is not the KING, but another title, if the palyer of Bohemia (KINGDOM) accepts it.

Bump

I'm not sure it would work, you'll have to speak to the guy who reserved Bohemia. If I were you I would go for another state, even if its population aren't Slavs.

The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:
PLessur wrote:
We'll see when the Habsburg guy is around. Meanwhile I would focus on writing the app. Then we can see in more detail.

I assume you only refer to the territories on the Italian peninsula? The others, possibly except Libya, I think are taken.

Whatd you mean?

Write your app before we start worrying about an Istrian Partition, in short. And don't claim the Tyrol.
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:
Veskesh wrote:Jeez if Turkey keeps having these coups they'll be kicked out of NATO and won't be able to join the EU....

The USA was in NATO when the American Civil War happened, but the Confederacy coup didn't cause it to be kicked out, did it?

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:29 pm

WESTERN PACIFIC TERRITORIES wrote:I posted about colonists moving into that region.

Alright I'll move it one more Right

Okay I guess but do expect conflict from potential colonists

The imperial canadian dutchy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:29 pm

WESTERN PACIFIC TERRITORIES wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:Alright I'll move it one more Right

Okay I guess but do expect conflict from potential colonists

The Boer is no match for the Venetian.
e

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:38 pm

WESTERN PACIFIC TERRITORIES wrote:Okay I guess but do expect conflict from potential colonists

The Boer is no match for the Venetian.

>Venetian
I wish Enrico Dandalo fell on like, 16 crossbow bolts all at once
remove swamp italian

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Elderowa wrote:Sorry guys, I've decided I'm just gonna drop out all together. I can't really think of anything fun to do with a Siberian/Crimean Khanate, and the IC is already in full steam. I'm also busy working on an RP project of my own, so just cancel my Reservation.

Pity, I was plotting to recruit your Mongols to go fight the Mongols :P
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:39 pm

Have the Ottomans been accepted?
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:45 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Elderowa wrote:Sorry guys, I've decided I'm just gonna drop out all together. I can't really think of anything fun to do with a Siberian/Crimean Khanate, and the IC is already in full steam. I'm also busy working on an RP project of my own, so just cancel my Reservation.

But...Aren't you the Mongols descendants?
Fuck that's a lot of Mongols
e

New Granadeseret
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Granadeseret » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:45 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:Have the Ottomans been accepted?

No, because I've been working to finalize things with you to finish writing my history so I can post the completed app. :)

Also, I've worked out a deal with Pimp Inc. for a friendly, Muslim Aztec state in central Mexico. I will adjust my claims accordingly on the next iteration of the Map (Which will include minor changes elsewhere to compensate), which will come with my completed app. A reservation for said Aztec territory should not be considered in violation of my claims.
Last edited by New Granadeseret on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stannis was robbed.

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valentir » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:48 pm

We're all of Mongol descent! Genghis was a real ladies man.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:49 pm

Yes. The Mongols want to recruit the other Mongols to go fight the pretender Mongols.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valentir » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:51 pm

The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:But...Aren't you the Mongols descendants?

Yes. The Mongols want to recruit the other Mongols to go fight the pretender Mongols.

Fixed.

PLESSUR
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby PLESSUR » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:53 pm

New Granadeseret wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:Have the Ottomans been accepted?

No, because I've been working to finalize things with you to finish writing my history so I can post the completed app. :)

Also, I've worked out a deal with Pimp Inc. for a friendly, Muslim Aztec state in central Mexico. I will adjust my claims accordingly on the next iteration of the Map (Which will include minor changes elsewhere to compensate), which will come with my completed app. A reservation for said Aztec territory should not be considered in violation of my claims.

I can imagine you being nagged endlessly over 10 telegrams to give up part of Mexico lmao :rofl:
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:
Veskesh wrote:Jeez if Turkey keeps having these coups they'll be kicked out of NATO and won't be able to join the EU....

The USA was in NATO when the American Civil War happened, but the Confederacy coup didn't cause it to be kicked out, did it?

New Granadeseret
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Granadeseret » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:56 pm

PLessur wrote:
New Granadeseret wrote:

I can imagine you being nagged endlessly over 10 telegrams to give up part of Mexico lmao :rofl:

Actually, I initiated it with him. I have a soft spot for native states, and am trying to be flexable since i went for a pretty ahistoric colonial power. Besides, I can always just have conquered the Inca instead :twisted:
Last edited by New Granadeseret on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stannis was robbed.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:15 pm

I'm really tired

PLESSUR
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby PLESSUR » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:30 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Full name of state: Hapsburg-Byzantine Empire
Type of government: Absolutist Monarchy
Capital: Vienna
Head of state: Empress Maria Theresa
Head of government: Count Friedrich Wilhelm von Haugwitz, Lord Chancellor
General government description: The Emperor, or current Empress, is the sole source of all government policy and is required to approve all legislation. The Emperor/Empress will normally appoint subordinates responsible for running the day to day buisness of the state and suggesting legislation to the monarch.
Territory (map if needed): Unclaimed parts of Charles V's empire as per this: https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-971be45c54dc50b384c07cfa1197848c?convert_to_webp=true including colonies
Colonies: Philippines
Population: 25 million (Europe), 450,000 (Asia)

Economic description: The Empire is a predomently agricultural country
Religious description (by class): The Empire is almost entirely Catholic over all class groups in Europe, although there are scattered groups of Jews across the Empire. Most Protestants fled or were killed during the 30 Years War. Outside of Europe only a few civil servants are Catholic with the majority of the population being Islamic, Buddhist or Hindu depending on the colony in question.
Popular ideologies and political beliefs (by class):
Upper: Absolutism, Monarchism
Middle: Constitutionalism, Monarchism
Lower: None, most are illiterate and too busy to have ideology

Military description: The Imperial Army is 250,000 strong, split into three main units; the two 75,000-strong Imperial Armies of Spain and Austria-Hungary and the 45,000-strong Imperial Army of the Netherlands. In addition to these three main forces are the 5,000-man Imperial Marine Corps, the 35,000-man Army of Naples and the 15,000-man army of Corsica and Sardinia.

Colonial forces number 10,000, and are normally under the control of and are equipped/trained by local rulers. The Imperial Marine Corps are the only European force usually present in the colonies.

The Imperial Navy is a large, if not well-equipped force, due to the disparate nature of the Imperial possessions and the need to shuttle troops between them by sea due to the possible unreliability of other powers allowing military access.

Strengths and weaknesses of the military:
Although large, and well-equipped, the Imperial Armies are only coherent when operating by themselves, and even then coherence is doubtful. The vast array of languages spoken within the Empire makes issuing orders naturally chaotic and difficult, especially when the higher-ranking officers only speak their own native language and German or Spanish, never both unless they are Austrian or Spanish in which case they speak nothing else. The Empire compensates for this via training and discipline, but those can only get you so far past the language barrier.

The Navy, although large, is not well-equipped or trained, and once again suffers from the same issue of the language barrier. However, as most of the navy is Spanish, this is less of an issue than it is for the Army.

General aims: More colonies if possible, hold everything we currently hold.
Foreign Policy: Imperial foreign policy runs on simple logic; find who is the most powerful and who most wants to bring us down, and ally with their enemies, whomever they may be. The sole exception to this rule is if the most powerful state wishes to ally with the Empire, in which case that is standard policy.

History: The history of the Hapsburg-Byzantine Empire begins with the demise of the original Byzantine Empire and the sale of the title to Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella II of Castille despite their failure to conquer Granada. Events proceed as IRL, but the Hapsburgs place far less emphasis on the New World and instead focus on consolidating their power within Europe.

The Empire is on the losing side of both the 80 Years War, losing the Dutch Netherlands and the 30 Years War, ending with Bohemian independence and the Hapsburgs permanently excluded from holding the title of Holy Roman Emperor. The Hapsburgs, affronted, convince the Pope to begin crowning them as 'Emperors of the Byzantine Empire' to create a Catholic empire to balance out the HRE. Since then the Empire has remained static in Europe, preserving it's possessions within Europe whilst eyeing up Portugal and it's colonies.

Accepted. I won't be able to update the roster just yet, but it should be done sometime
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:31 pm

PLessur wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:Full name of state: Hapsburg-Byzantine Empire
Type of government: Absolutist Monarchy
Capital: Vienna
Head of state: Empress Maria Theresa
Head of government: Count Friedrich Wilhelm von Haugwitz, Lord Chancellor
General government description: The Emperor, or current Empress, is the sole source of all government policy and is required to approve all legislation. The Emperor/Empress will normally appoint subordinates responsible for running the day to day buisness of the state and suggesting legislation to the monarch.
Territory (map if needed): Unclaimed parts of Charles V's empire as per this: https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-971be45c54dc50b384c07cfa1197848c?convert_to_webp=true including colonies
Colonies: Philippines
Population: 25 million (Europe), 450,000 (Asia)

Economic description: The Empire is a predomently agricultural country
Religious description (by class): The Empire is almost entirely Catholic over all class groups in Europe, although there are scattered groups of Jews across the Empire. Most Protestants fled or were killed during the 30 Years War. Outside of Europe only a few civil servants are Catholic with the majority of the population being Islamic, Buddhist or Hindu depending on the colony in question.
Popular ideologies and political beliefs (by class):
Upper: Absolutism, Monarchism
Middle: Constitutionalism, Monarchism
Lower: None, most are illiterate and too busy to have ideology

Military description: The Imperial Army is 250,000 strong, split into three main units; the two 75,000-strong Imperial Armies of Spain and Austria-Hungary and the 45,000-strong Imperial Army of the Netherlands. In addition to these three main forces are the 5,000-man Imperial Marine Corps, the 35,000-man Army of Naples and the 15,000-man army of Corsica and Sardinia.

Colonial forces number 10,000, and are normally under the control of and are equipped/trained by local rulers. The Imperial Marine Corps are the only European force usually present in the colonies.

The Imperial Navy is a large, if not well-equipped force, due to the disparate nature of the Imperial possessions and the need to shuttle troops between them by sea due to the possible unreliability of other powers allowing military access.

Although large, and well-equipped, the Imperial Armies are only coherent when operating by themselves, and even then coherence is doubtful. The vast array of languages spoken within the Empire makes issuing orders naturally chaotic and difficult, especially when the higher-ranking officers only speak their own native language and German or Spanish, never both unless they are Austrian or Spanish in which case they speak nothing else. The Empire compensates for this via training and discipline, but those can only get you so far past the language barrier.

The Navy, although large, is not well-equipped or trained, and once again suffers from the same issue of the language barrier. However, as most of the navy is Spanish, this is less of an issue than it is for the Army.

General aims: More colonies if possible, hold everything we currently hold.
Foreign Policy: Imperial foreign policy runs on simple logic; find who is the most powerful and who most wants to bring us down, and ally with their enemies, whomever they may be. The sole exception to this rule is if the most powerful state wishes to ally with the Empire, in which case that is standard policy.

History: The history of the Hapsburg-Byzantine Empire begins with the demise of the original Byzantine Empire and the sale of the title to Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella II of Castille despite their failure to conquer Granada. Events proceed as IRL, but the Hapsburgs place far less emphasis on the New World and instead focus on consolidating their power within Europe.

The Empire is on the losing side of both the 80 Years War, losing the Dutch Netherlands and the 30 Years War, ending with Bohemian independence and the Hapsburgs permanently excluded from holding the title of Holy Roman Emperor. The Hapsburgs, affronted, convince the Pope to begin crowning them as 'Emperors of the Byzantine Empire' to create a Catholic empire to balance out the HRE. Since then the Empire has remained static in Europe, preserving it's possessions within Europe whilst eyeing up Portugal and it's colonies.

Accepted. I won't be able to update the roster just yet, but it should be done sometime

So where will this conflict with me
e

The Brand New Salvatagard Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Brand New Salvatagard Republic » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:32 pm

Reserve Prussia

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:36 pm

Full name of state: United Republic of the Low Countries| Verenigde Republiek van de Lage Landen
Type of government: Republic with hereditary leader
Capital: Amsterdam
Head of state: Stadtholder William V of Orange
Head of government:Grand Pensionary Johan van der Heim
General government description: Power within the United Republic shifts between the Stadtholder and the Grand Pensionary and their respective bodies, the Council of State and States General. The States General and Council both contain two main factions, the Continetalists and the Globalists. The Council of State is appointed by the Stadtholder and thus reflects who has the position. The title of Stadtholder is held either by the House of Orange or House of Hesse. The past few Stadtholders have been from the House of Orange as the House of Hesse dwindles and is absorbed by the House of Orange and other Houses. The Grand Pensionary, van der Heim, is married into the House of Hesse. The House of Orange is Globalist and the House of Hesse is Continetalist. The current Stadtholder is young, new to the title at 25 years of age. Currently the Grand Pensionary holds power and the States General is Globalist. Thus policy is a mixed bag. The colonies are run by government-charted companies that are partially controlled by the government and partially by investors.
Territory (map if needed): http://i.imgur.com/85yG77g.png
Colonies: New Netherlands(Kiwi), New Holland(Aussie), New Rotterdam(New Caledonia), Dutch Brasil(S. American holding), Dutch Africa, Dutch Annam, Dutch Tonkin, New Israel(Sakhalin), Dutch Polynesia, New Munster(Hawaii),
Population:
Dutch Republic- 1,950,000
Munster Republic-4,250,000
Asia-9,000,000
Americas-55,000
Africa-150,000
Total-15,405,000
Economic description: The United Republic thrives on trade. Situated between the heartland of Germany, France, Prussia, and the British Isles and Baltics, the United Republic reaps a mighty bountiful harvest of gold and commerce. Her colonies, of which Dutch Tonkin is the most valuable, provide an abundance of raw resources and material. The Dutch Republic and Munster Republic form the very core of the nation and are, for the times, incredibly urbanized and developed. The region does not provide enough crops to support the population and thus has turned to trade and industry. Craftsmen of all colors, class, and creed reside in the region, producing high quality wares, weapons, and wonders. Dutch ships ply the seas, visiting every port world-wide.
Religious description (by class): The majority are some branch of protestant or another. Generally speaking, there is a limited freedom of religion. Jews have been relocated to the colony of New Israel in the barren fringes of Asia.
Popular ideologies and political beliefs (by class): The lower the class a person is, the more likely they are to be Hessian and Continentalist. The higher in class, the more likely they are to be Orangist and Globalist. Dutch are Globalist and Munsterians are Continentalists. Continetalists believe in a Europe First approach, that only through a strong European position can the United Lowlands prosper. The Continentalists believe that colonies are the only way to power and dominance.
Military description:

General aims (territorial, etc): Secure Mughal and Chinese trade, expand Asian and African colonies, prevent the further rise of France and Spain
Foreign Policy:

History:
Last edited by The Holy Dominion of Inesea on Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm really tired

PLESSUR
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby PLESSUR » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:41 pm

PLessur wrote:

So where will this conflict with me

In the Tirol. And Charles V had Istria and Trieste IIRC

*edit at least the northern part of Istria, and Trieste. The southern half could be yours.
Last edited by PLESSUR on Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:43 pm

PLessur wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:So where will this conflict with me

*edit at least the northern part of Istria, and Trieste. The southern half could be yours.

There's also the matter of the Kingdom of Naples.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:44 pm

PLessur wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:So where will this conflict with me

So I can keep Pola and Fiume?
e

PLESSUR
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby PLESSUR » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:54 pm

PLessur wrote:

In theory, yes

Lunas Legion wrote:
PLessur wrote:

^ yup. I completely forgot about that. Your Italy won't be fully united in that case unfortunately.
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:57 pm

PLessur wrote:

In theory, yes

Lunas Legion wrote:

^ yup. I completely forgot about that. Your Italy won't be fully united in that case unfortunately.

I really wish this was made clear beforehand.
e

Trotza
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotza » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:25 pm

Elepis wrote:
so all the good places except Indonesia are taken then :p

Actually, I'm making the Mughal Empire with Indonesia as a part of it, building on the ties of vassalage there historically to counterbalance that blob in Bangladesh and uber-China/European inroads.

"blob"

Says the India that controls Indonesia and parts of mainland southeast Asia.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse