NATION

PASSWORD

International Warfare [OOC/CONCLUDED][CN SPONSORED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Entitaria
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Entitaria » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:25 pm

Turkacia wrote:Left the discord because it was utter cancer. I guess you now have someone else to accompany you now Enti ;)

What happened?
Silence is bliss, you should try it.

Turkacia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Turkacia » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:28 pm

Entitaria wrote:
Turkacia wrote:Left the discord because it was utter cancer. I guess you now have someone else to accompany you now Enti ;)

What happened?

They banned my fellow Polaks, even though it wasn't in the rules. Also they took away my admin for a very hypocritical reason now that I look back on it, too. It's also just a waste of my time because people I actually need to talk to aren't on the CN discord.

Entitaria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Entitaria » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:29 pm

Turkacia wrote:
Entitaria wrote:What happened?

They banned my fellow Polaks, even though it wasn't in the rules. Also they took away my admin for a very hypocritical reason now that I look back on it, too. It's also just a waste of my time because people I actually need to talk to aren't on the CN discord.

Fellow Polaks? Do they hate whatever a Polak is?

Turkacia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Turkacia » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:31 pm

Entitaria wrote:
Turkacia wrote:They banned my fellow Polaks, even though it wasn't in the rules. Also they took away my admin for a very hypocritical reason now that I look back on it, too. It's also just a waste of my time because people I actually need to talk to aren't on the CN discord.

Fellow Polaks? Do they hate whatever a Polak is?

Polish people. One was an artist who is helping me, the other is a guy who I play CS:GO with, so I was basically just bringing a few friends in, and they banned them, and they also previously took away my admin, and I also tend to be the butt of most of the jokes there.

Entitaria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Entitaria » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Turkacia wrote:
Entitaria wrote:Fellow Polaks? Do they hate whatever a Polak is?

Polish people. One was an artist who is helping me, the other is a guy who I play CS:GO with, so I was basically just bringing a few friends in, and they banned them, and they also previously took away my admin, and I also tend to be the butt of most of the jokes there.

If they werent region people than they probably shouldnt have been in the Discord. Why did they take away your admin?

Turkacia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Turkacia » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:35 pm

Entitaria wrote:
Turkacia wrote:Polish people. One was an artist who is helping me, the other is a guy who I play CS:GO with, so I was basically just bringing a few friends in, and they banned them, and they also previously took away my admin, and I also tend to be the butt of most of the jokes there.

If they werent region people than they probably shouldnt have been in the Discord. Why did they take away your admin?

Because I tried implementing a rule that an artist should always be linked. People generally just take other people's art on the Discord, and it tends to hurt artists more than it assists them. Pacificora can tell you the same thing.

Entitaria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Entitaria » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:38 pm

Turkacia wrote:
Entitaria wrote:If they werent region people than they probably shouldnt have been in the Discord. Why did they take away your admin?

Because I tried implementing a rule that an artist should always be linked. People generally just take other people's art on the Discord, and it tends to hurt artists more than it assists them. Pacificora can tell you the same thing.

Well there's how many people in there? Ten? I dont think its a big issue for that many people

The Canadian North-West
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Canadian North-West » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:40 pm

Swedish Allied States wrote:
Atrilan wrote:That is false.

DEFINITELY FALSE. Everyone there knows it ALL BELONGS TO MEEEEEEE... And also Atrilian a bit but he is below me there...

Hey, don't forget my Gulag!

Entitaria wrote:
Turkacia wrote:Because I tried implementing a rule that an artist should always be linked. People generally just take other people's art on the Discord, and it tends to hurt artists more than it assists them. Pacificora can tell you the same thing.

Well there's how many people in there? Ten? I dont think its a big issue for that many people

It's more up to, like, around twenty now, but it's still not really much.
MT Factbook
FT Factbook
Both are heavy WiP
Bi, Demsoc/Socdem, Technocrat, Otaku, part-time Furry, and aspiring Astrobiologist

If you don't want to type out my whole name, CNW or Canafa work just as well.
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Turkacia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Turkacia » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:41 pm

Entitaria wrote:
Turkacia wrote:Because I tried implementing a rule that an artist should always be linked. People generally just take other people's art on the Discord, and it tends to hurt artists more than it assists them. Pacificora can tell you the same thing.

It hurts any artist to know that their art has been taken, and no one knows who it is done by, because it gives them less potential exposure and their work is not appreciated. I think if you did art too, you may feel the same way.

Entitaria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Entitaria » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:43 pm

Turkacia wrote:
Entitaria wrote:Well there's how many people in there? Ten? I dont think its a big issue for that many people

It hurts any artist to know that their art has been taken, and no one knows who it is done by, because it gives them less potential exposure and their work is not appreciated. I think if you did art too, you may feel the same way.

Okay what were they doing with the art

Turkacia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Turkacia » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:44 pm

The Canadian North-West wrote:
Swedish Allied States wrote:DEFINITELY FALSE. Everyone there knows it ALL BELONGS TO MEEEEEEE... And also Atrilian a bit but he is below me there...

Hey, don't forget my Gulag!

Entitaria wrote:Well there's how many people in there? Ten? I dont think its a big issue for that many people

Numbers don't matter, it's still the thought that someone's art can be taken, and they wont be credited for it. We still don't even know who made the image we use for the front of the OOC, which I think is a very bad practice by Atrilan. Luckily, my art generally doesn't attract reposters and the like due to the nature of it and its context, however it has happened and it hurts when it does.

The Canadian North-West
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Canadian North-West » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:46 pm

Entitaria wrote:
Turkacia wrote:It hurts any artist to know that their art has been taken, and no one knows who it is done by, because it gives them less potential exposure and their work is not appreciated. I think if you did art too, you may feel the same way.

We were really just sticking captions on it :P

I could provide an example, if you want.

Turkacia wrote:
The Canadian North-West wrote:Hey, don't forget my Gulag!

Numbers don't matter, it's still the thought that someone's art can be taken, and they wont be credited for it. We still don't even know who made the image we use for the front of the OOC, which I think is a very bad practice by Atrilan. Luckily, my art generally doesn't attract reposters and the like due to the nature of it and its context, however it has happened and it hurts when it does.

We're not reposting though. It's, like twenty people. It's not like were doing this for any gain, it's just for a laugh, and a tiny one at that.
MT Factbook
FT Factbook
Both are heavy WiP
Bi, Demsoc/Socdem, Technocrat, Otaku, part-time Furry, and aspiring Astrobiologist

Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Turkacia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Turkacia » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:46 pm

Entitaria wrote:
Turkacia wrote:It hurts any artist to know that their art has been taken, and no one knows who it is done by, because it gives them less potential exposure and their work is not appreciated. I think if you did art too, you may feel the same way.

Taking it, making a meme out of it and not linking the artist. It could be seen as just a personal pet peeve of mine, but if you ask any artist, especially ones who draw for their income, they will tell you reposting without crediting is not OK. It also goes against many sites rules, since even though an artist may not make money from a picture, it is still their personal belongings, and someone taking that and not giving credit to the appropriate artist can hurt one's motivation to do art with their things being so easily taken. A watermark can only do so much.

Turkacia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Turkacia » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:49 pm

Entitaria wrote:Okay what were they doing with the art

We were really just sticking captions on it :P

Turkacia wrote:

We're not reposting though. It's, like twenty people. It's not like were doing this for any gain, it's just for a laugh, and a tiny one at that.

A repost is a repost. Numbers do not matter. I can also bring up the fact of general favouritism, but I won't dig in to that one. I will be making my own IW Discord, one which will be properly administered and have very clear rules on what is acceptable and what is not, because on multiple occasions, I have seen even Garuda and Axalis breaking their own rules they have set.

Entitaria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Entitaria » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:49 pm

Turkacia wrote:
Entitaria wrote:Okay what were they doing with the art

Taking it, making a meme out of it and not linking the artist. It could be seen as just a personal pet peeve of mine, but if you ask any artist, especially ones who draw for their income, they will tell you reposting without crediting is not OK. It also goes against many sites rules, since even though an artist may not make money from a picture, it is still their personal belongings, and someone taking that and not giving credit to the appropriate artist can hurt one's motivation to do art with their things being so easily taken. A watermark can only do so much.

Its a stupid meme, I dont think it is stealing any income

Entitaria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Entitaria » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:52 pm

Turkacia wrote:
The Canadian North-West wrote:We were really just sticking captions on it :P

A repost is a repost. Numbers do not matter. I can also bring up the fact of general favouritism, but I won't dig in to that one. I will be making my own IW Discord, one which will be properly administered and have very clear rules on what is acceptable and what is not, because on multiple occasions, I have seen even Garuda and Axalis breaking their own rules they have set.

No ones going to join that Discord if an official one is already up. What did they do?

Turkacia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Turkacia » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:53 pm

Entitaria wrote:
Turkacia wrote:A repost is a repost. Numbers do not matter. I can also bring up the fact of general favouritism, but I won't dig in to that one. I will be making my own IW Discord, one which will be properly administered and have very clear rules on what is acceptable and what is not, because on multiple occasions, I have seen even Garuda and Axalis breaking their own rules they have set.

No ones going to join that Discord if an official one is already up. What did they do?

We could bring up genuine disrespectfulness and slander of character, I guess?

Entitaria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Entitaria » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Turkacia wrote:
Entitaria wrote:No ones going to join that Discord if an official one is already up. What did they do?

We could bring up genuine disrespectfulness and slander of character, I guess?

Scrolling through the Discord it looks like everyone breaks that rule

Turkacia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Turkacia » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:57 pm

Entitaria wrote:
Turkacia wrote:We could bring up genuine disrespectfulness and slander of character, I guess?

Scrolling through the Discord it looks like everyone breaks that rule

There is a large difference between saying "ur mum gay" and actively going out of one's way to aggressively 'correct' someone.

Entitaria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Entitaria » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Turkacia wrote:
Entitaria wrote:Scrolling through the Discord it looks like everyone breaks that rule

There is a large difference between saying "ur mum gay" and actively going out of one's way to aggressively 'correct' someone.

Wasnt talking about "ur mum gay"

Turkacia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Turkacia » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Entitaria wrote:
Turkacia wrote:There is a large difference between saying "ur mum gay" and actively going out of one's way to aggressively 'correct' someone.

Wasnt talking about "ur mum gay"

Sorry, I thought you were. Anyways I am making a new Discord, I suggest that at least you'd join since this one will be administered a lot better.

Entitaria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Entitaria » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Turkacia wrote:
Entitaria wrote:Wasnt talking about "ur mum gay"

Sorry, I thought you were. Anyways I am making a new Discord, I suggest that at least you'd join since this one will be administered a lot better.

Id rather not

The Canadian North-West
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Canadian North-West » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:03 pm

Turkacia wrote:
Entitaria wrote:Wasnt talking about "ur mum gay"

A few days ago, you were aggressively warning against making a new IW discord...
MT Factbook
FT Factbook
Both are heavy WiP

Turkacia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Turkacia » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:04 pm

Turkacia wrote:Sorry, I thought you were. Anyways I am making a new Discord, I suggest that at least you'd join since this one will be administered a lot better.

A few days ago, you were aggressively warning against making a new IW discord...

That was actually yesterday, but I think it's time for a change of administration, no?
Entitaria wrote:
Turkacia wrote:Sorry, I thought you were. Anyways I am making a new Discord, I suggest that at least you'd join since this one will be administered a lot better.

Id rather not

Aww, why?

Entitaria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Entitaria » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:05 pm

Turkacia wrote:
The Canadian North-West wrote:A few days ago, you were aggressively warning against making a new IW discord...

That was actually yesterday, but I think it's time for a change of administration, no?
Entitaria wrote:Id rather not

Aww, why?

Few reasons I dont want to get into

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse