NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A King Who Bore the Sword [OOC/Concluded]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Next in the Game of Thrones RP Series

War of the Five Kings
14%
Robert's Rebellion
16%
Dance of the Dragons
13%
The Invasion of Dorne
5%
The Holy King (Baelor the Blessed's reign)
5%
Year of the False Spring (One year prior to Robert's Rebellion)
3%
A Game of Thrones (Start of the book series/show)
28%
The Winds of Winter (Sequel to my Feast for Crows RP, would continue from that)
17%

Total votes : 64

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Asyir wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Wouldn't Garland Hightower have to be Jon Hightower's son or brother, what with Jon being the Lord of house Hightower and Hand of the King during Aegon IV's reign. Also, if he was born in 134, that wold make him 60

Thank you for reminding me of this btw. I must've overlooked/missed it entirely at the time.

No problem
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

New Granadeseret
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Granadeseret » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:09 pm

Just want to check to see if anybody wants to have a marriage with Sandor Frey (and be pregnant with the future 2nd wife of Lord Butterwell in-canon). If not, I'll pick a minor Riverlands, Westerlands, or Northern house at random.
Stannis was robbed.

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:12 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Vladivostokava wrote:There was a lot around back then. and I had a understandable story for how my house got it. plus its only a axe head, not a full swords worth.

What's the story?

Im still flushing it out but I am going to say that Lady Blacklocke's father (maybe grandfather or somthing even more distant), in his youth, went to Essos, at some point. Enlisting in a mercenary company he fought in quite a few battles. In one battle he managed to save a nobelman from death and as reward he was given a sword. Now at some point in time there was a family dispute and the sword was melted down and split into two axe heads. One was lost in battle the other remained with the family in Blackreach (Non-existent house seat In the neck)

I believe I may trade this story out. Instead of acquiring a sword/axe I may exchange it for a hand full of unsullied.
Last edited by Vladivostokava on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My name is Ava/Ewa I am from Poland.
我会说一点, Mowie po polsku, I speak English.
I am Polish born, American citizen, I live in China.

Asyir
Minister

Founded: Oct 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:14 pm

New Granadeseret wrote:Just want to check to see if anybody wants to have a marriage with Sandor Frey (and be pregnant with the future 2nd wife of Lord Butterwell in-canon). If not, I'll pick a minor Riverlands, Westerlands, or Northern house at random.

Lord Garland's daughter, Alessia Hightower is 20 and unmarried currently, and I have no qualms with a Hightower-Frey marriage.
Team Pelinal for life!

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:17 pm

Vladivostokava wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:What's the story?

Im still flushing it out but I am going to say that Lady Blacklocke's father (maybe grandfather or somthing even more distant), in his youth, went to Essos, at some point. Enlisting in a mercenary company he fought in quite a few battles. In one battle he managed to save a nobelman from death and as reward he was given a sword. Now at some point in time there was a family dispute and the sword was melted down and split into two axe heads. One was lost in battle the other remained with the family in Blackreach (Non-existent house seat In the neck)

I believe I may trade this story out. Instead of acquiring a sword/axe I may exchange it for a hand full of unsullied.

Vlad since you're in the neck I'll allow any North house in the Neck.Write more info in your app and I'll see if I can accept it.

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:20 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Vladivostokava wrote:Im still flushing it out but I am going to say that Lady Blacklocke's father (maybe grandfather or somthing even more distant), in his youth, went to Essos, at some point. Enlisting in a mercenary company he fought in quite a few battles. In one battle he managed to save a nobelman from death and as reward he was given a sword. Now at some point in time there was a family dispute and the sword was melted down and split into two axe heads. One was lost in battle the other remained with the family in Blackreach (Non-existent house seat In the neck)

Vlad since you're in the neck I'll allow any North house in the Neck.Write more info in your app and I'll see if I can accept it.

What I was thinking, Is that Instead of a northern house directly getting involved, the black reach could use their existing troops to build a merc company. And the merc company could get involved since it is not Blacklocke or the Blackreach itself getting involved. It will also be a good source of income for the Blackreach.
Last edited by Vladivostokava on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Granadeseret
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Granadeseret » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:22 pm

Asyir wrote:
New Granadeseret wrote:Just want to check to see if anybody wants to have a marriage with Sandor Frey (and be pregnant with the future 2nd wife of Lord Butterwell in-canon). If not, I'll pick a minor Riverlands, Westerlands, or Northern house at random.

Lord Garland's daughter, Alessia Hightower is 20 and unmarried currently, and I have no qualms with a Hightower-Frey marriage.

Well... either she'd have to already be married or the pregnancy might be very... awkward
Stannis was robbed.

Asyir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:24 pm

New Granadeseret wrote:
Asyir wrote:Lord Garland's daughter, Alessia Hightower is 20 and unmarried currently, and I have no qualms with a Hightower-Frey marriage.

Well... either she'd have to already be married or the pregnancy might be very... awkward

I was implying a prior marriage, I was just saying I have an unmarried daughter around that age.

Although, reading back through my comment, I should've clarified. My bad.
Team Pelinal for life!

New Granadeseret
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Granadeseret » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:26 pm

Asyir wrote:
New Granadeseret wrote:

I was implying a prior marriage, I was just saying I have an unmarried daughter around that age.

Alright then. The Hightowers and Freys are equal enough in stature for it to be a fair partnership. Here's hoping Highgarden and Riverun don't think we're planning anything funny...
Stannis was robbed.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:29 pm

New Granadeseret wrote:
Asyir wrote:I was implying a prior marriage, I was just saying I have an unmarried daughter around that age.

Alright then. The Hightowers and Freys are equal enough in stature for it to be a fair partnership. Here's hoping Highgarden and Riverun don't think we're planning anything funny...

Nobles marry other nobles all the time, I'm sure they won't think you're planning anything...unless you are planning something :unsure:
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

New Granadeseret
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Granadeseret » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:32 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
New Granadeseret wrote:

Nobles marry other nobles all the time, I'm sure they won't think you're planning anything...unless you are planning something :unsure:

Not specifically, no. But a marriage between two second most powerful houses (The groom being an actual head of house to boot) in the region during a time of political unease may LOOK like something to a Tyrell or Tully if their lords are the paranoid sort. (Which we don't know yet)
Last edited by New Granadeseret on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stannis was robbed.

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:33 pm

What are consequences for a lady being unlanded?
What are the consequences for a Lady flat out refusing to marry?

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:38 pm

Vladivostokava wrote:What are consequences for a lady being unlanded?

Male members of the house would probably push her to be a Septa to avoid embarrassment, unless she's very politically powerful, in which case she might get away with it if she names an heir that other lords approve of

What do you mean by unlanded?
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Asyir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:42 pm

New Granadeseret wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Nobles marry other nobles all the time, I'm sure they won't think you're planning anything...unless you are planning something :unsure:

Not specifically, no. But a marriage between two second most powerful houses (The groom being an actual head of house to boot) in the region during a time of political unease may LOOK like something to a Tyrell or Tully if their lords are the paranoid sort. (Which we don't know yet)

Only if they're really paranoid. To unseat House Tyrell or House Tully, we would need to side with the winning side, and hope our overlord does not. Even a Hightower-Frey alliance couldn't hope to compete against a fraction of either of the two house's forces. Plus, if Alessia is pregnant, the marriage must've been consummated at the very least, nine months ago. It is entirely possible for the couple to have been wed since 15.

I guess we'll wait and see who our overlords are exactly. I'm assuming mine will be Leo the Longthorn, as he was Lord Paramount at this time.
Team Pelinal for life!

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:47 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Vladivostokava wrote:What are consequences for a lady being unlanded?

Male members of the house would probably push her to be a Septa to avoid embarrassment, unless she's very politically powerful, in which case she might get away with it if she names an heir that other lords approve of

Unlanded being unmarried. Sorry.
What if she is the only surviving of the Blacklocke name. Maybe she didnt want her name to die so she is waiting for matrilineal marriage? Maybe no deals were made before her father and mother died? So she gets to select.

New Granadeseret
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Granadeseret » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:53 pm

Asyir wrote:
New Granadeseret wrote:

Only if they're really paranoid. To unseat House Tyrell or House Tully, we would need to side with the winning side, and hope our overlord does not. Even a Hightower-Frey alliance couldn't hope to compete against a fraction of either of the two house's forces. Plus, if Alessia is pregnant, the marriage must've been consummated at the very least, nine months ago. It is entirely possible for the couple to have been wed since 15.

I guess we'll wait and see who our overlords are exactly. I'm assuming mine will be Leo the Longthorn, as he was Lord Paramount at this time.

I'm not saying its a major threat, but it could be seen as a move in the game, so to say. Something they'd take notice of and keep in mind. After thinking it over, I was probably being a little too paranoid since the Rebellion haven't even become a clear force yet.

Also, humorous fact: while trying to see if I have a canon Lord Paramount (Medgar Tully, most likely) I found during the Dance of Dragons House Tully was split between Lord Grover and his grandson and great-grandson Elmo and Kermit. I find the Muppet-ness amusing.
Last edited by New Granadeseret on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stannis was robbed.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:53 pm

Vladivostokava wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Male members of the house would probably push her to be a Septa to avoid embarrassment, unless she's very politically powerful, in which case she might get away with it if she names an heir that other lords approve of

What if she is the only surviving of the Blacklocke name. Maybe she didnt want her name to die so she is waiting for matrilineal marriage? Maybe no deals were made before her father and mother died? So she gets to select.

Then she'd probably have a lot of suitors who are second or thirds sons so their children would inherit the land, and their family would become more powerful overall

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:54 pm

Lady Rana Blacklocke of House Blacklocke is molded after Lady Lyanna Mormont of House Mormont

I might need too create a Lord Blacklocke.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:55 pm

Vladivostokava wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Male members of the house would probably push her to be a Septa to avoid embarrassment, unless she's very politically powerful, in which case she might get away with it if she names an heir that other lords approve of

You'd probably have people searching their family lines to see who would become the heir. We had this problem with Hornwood in the books, where a son who had a mother Hornwood was made the heir.

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:57 pm

Name: Lord Pearse Caron
House: House Caron
Titles: Lord of Nightsong, Lord of the Marches
House Seat: Nightsong
House Sigil: Image
Allegiance paid to: House Baratheon
Appearance (Picture appreciated):

Personality: People generally take a liking to Pearse as much for his charm and social grace than for his fine singing voice or skill with a harp. Laughs come easily to the man, and he seems to possess a preposterous amount of patience for a lord. Seemingly unencumbered by bitterness or grudges, Pearse is open to chatting with and perhaps even befriending a wide range of people. But for those who know him best, his eyes have a sad tinge, and his smiles seem to contain a deep melancholy, as if he is dwelling on a certain doom.

Skills: Pearse is best known for his profound skill with the harp and a deep, rich singing voice. His musical aptitude and gregarious personality make him an excellent entertainer; a man very, very good at keeping guests content and engaged. Pearse has also participated in several tourneys, and consequently sits and handles a horse well, and has mastery of the lance. As a tactician he is less remarkable but still fairly competent, while his swordsmanship would be fairly described as mediocre. He does not possess a strong aptitude for deep strategic planning, nor is he particularly inclined towards books or studies, unless they be in relation to music.
Weaponry (If any): Caron ancestral longsword, steel dagger.
Military Strength: The Carons can muster 4,000 men when levies are raised. Of these, some 200 are knights or sworn swords, while the remainder are spearmen or archers.
Biography: The eldest son of Lord Baelor Caron, it was apparent from a young age that Pearse possessed a voice to awe and shame his father's own minstrels. From little toddler diddies to grand ballads, one could almost always hear the boy belting out notes at one time or another. While he also received the standard arms training expected of an heir, there was a musical component to his studies that he took to with more enthusiasm than anything else. By age eleven, he was writing his own songs.

His endeavors found a supporter in his sister Leona, a year his junior. She could sing almost as ably, and together they awed lords and ladies from all over the Stormlands for several years. Baelor and Lady Jeyne seemed indifferent to their talents; glad that it was winning their heir some prestige but frustrated that, in their minds, it had few practical applications. Baelor attempted to steer Pearse towards a regime centered on the arts of war, with some success. His son proved himself a masterful rider and user of the lance, but was still disinclined towards bookish study. Pearse had many successes at local tourneys as a youth.

One night when he was seventeen, Pearse was out carousing with friends at a local inn. On a whim, he mounted his horse and went for a very drunken ride down a country lane. By a cruel twist of fate, Leona was meeting her love, a young knight, out in the fields. Drunken to oblivion, Pearse rode his sister down as she crossed the road, killing her. The event sent him spiraling into depression, which he dealt with only by writing songs. Within a few years of this, his younger sister Rhea was married off, and his heartbroken parents passed on. At age twenty-one, he rose to be the next Lord of Nightsong.

The immediate workload his duties dumped on him had a beneficial effect, helping to pull him out of his misery and gradually return to the happiness of his earlier childhood. What cemented his rebirth was an affair with Victaria Waynwood, who attended a tourney in the Vale at which Pearse had fought. Fearing a pregnancy, Pearse asked his father for her hand (without, of course, revealing the affair), which was granted. Indeed, she gave birth to their eldest son, Arthur, not five months after their wedding. It would be the beginning of a deeply loving marriage, which produced three further children.

As Pearse settled into his new role, he resurrected his almost-forgotten bastard half-brother Martyn from a drunken stupor in an Oldtown inn. Although they were seven years apart and had not stuck together during childhood, once reunited they developed a solid friendship, and Martyn proved himself to be a more than capable soldier and master-at-arms.

Since inheriting his father's seat, Pearse has ruled with a degree of benevolence, and has continued to hone his talents in song and harp. "The Singsong Lord" as he is sometimes derisively known, nevertheless is not unskilled in the ways of war, and possesses a streak of ambition underneath his genuine charm.

RP Example: (As Mesrane)
Notes: -Victaria Caron (nee Waynwood, wife, age 33)
-Martyn Storm (half-brother, age 30)
-Arthur Caron (son and heir, age 15)
-Melissa Caron (daughter, age 13)
-Bethany Caron (daughter, age 7)
-Edmund Caron (son, age 6)
Last edited by Rodez on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Everhall
Senator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Everhall » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:57 pm

YES YES YES YES! Tag! Save me the the Baratheons!

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:00 pm

Vladivostokava wrote:

You'd probably have people searching their family lines to see who would become the heir. We had this problem with Hornwood in the books, where a son who had a mother Hornwood was made the heir.

Would Ranna Blacklocke have any chance of holding Blackreach?

Everhall
Senator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Everhall » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:03 pm

Everhall wrote:YES YES YES YES! Tag! Save me the the Baratheons!

Baratheon are taken, sorry.

Lannisters?

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:09 pm

Everhall wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Baratheon are taken, sorry.

Lannisters?

Tully, Tyrell and Lannister are open. Plus some Targaryen members like Bloodraven and Maekar.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse