NATION

PASSWORD

The Orphans of Mason (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:35 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Shaylee

Even before Shaylee heard the voice, she turned her head to face the ghost. It was true that she could not see the ghost, but she could perceive the ghosts energy, as such, she knew exactly where the ghost was. Shaylee stood their for a moment. It was then she moved on side of her blindfold for a moment, before lowering it. Just that moment was enough for Shaylee to learn who the ghost was that was speaking to her.

"No. I'm not lonely...." Shaylee said and whispered the ghosts name. "Thank you though, thank you for asking."
What?! This was surprising. She had only told her name to Lily. How did this girl know her name? Or was it just a lucky guess? Elizabeth wasn't a particularly uncommon name, but the girl said it with such certainty, it couldn't just be a guess...

"Who are you?" she asked. "How do you know my name? Are you acquainted with Lily, is that it?"

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Shaylee

Shaylee looked down for a second and then looked up while she started walking towards the group of Lily, Lee, Maxim and Emrys. "I haven't been antiquated with Lily for ten years..." Shaylee said before coming to a stop, "So, it's just a guess."

Shaylee smirked and began approaching the group, till she stood fairly close to them. Now she waited to see if anyone of them would notice that she was standing there.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:53 pm

Shaylee looked down for a second and then looked up while she started walking towards the group of Lily, Lee, Maxim and Emrys. "I haven't been antiquated with Lily for ten years..." Shaylee said before coming to a stop, "So, it's just a guess."

Shaylee smirked and began approaching the group, till she stood fairly close to them. Now she waited to see if anyone of them would notice that she was standing there.
"...Impressive," Elizabeth said softly, and then faded back into her quiet world. "It looks like she won't need me to help her. Lily will do that herself."

Sure enough, Lily spotted the white-haired girl quickly and turned, smiling at her. "Hello!" she said cheerfully. "You... I know you, don't I? The white hair and the blindfold... You look familiar. I'm sure I know you from somewhere, right?"

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:00 pm

Max empire wrote:Max
Mason Tavern

"Oh wait now.", Max said as a scowl came on his face. "You're the one disturbing the peace here. Me and this guy were just having a conversation and then you came and threatened me.", Max said as he collapsed onto the ground crying. "Y-You're just an asshole!", he said loudly over the sound of him sobbing, gathering everybody in the tavern's attention. " I wasn't doing anything wrong. Everybody here know I'm a good guy.", it didn't take long for Max's sobbing to fill the entire tavern. He wondered how the patrons would react to a constable causing such a huge commotion to happen in his establishment.

"You just have to go around acting like you own the place and insult everybody you meet? You're not enforcing the law. You're just doing whatever you want!", he covered his eyes and looked at the ground. This guy really was an asshole. If only one of his upper class customers were around. They'd show this guy who the boss way.

Wartaria wrote:Roderich, for a few moments, had an uncertain and confused look on his face. Being the person he is, he isn't too keen on comforting a sobbing person, and especially a sobbing crying person of his age. The constable was annoying him, and he wasn't really planning on having a friend in the dungeons tonight. "We were just having a conversation, Herr Constable. We do not wish to cause any trouble around here. Max is a good person, I assure you. Don't make him cry, you asshole. He's a sensitive person."

Rose was nearing the end of her conversation with the bartender when suddenly a loud crying pierced the calm air. Turning around, Rose saw the source of the commotion. There was a constable, a cute white-haired boy, and her brother. She guessed that there was some trouble going on around here. Walking over to the three, Rose tilted her head in confusion, her curiosity piqued. "What's going on here, eh? I don't understand what the commotion's about."

The Mason Tavern
James

Really. That was his response? Cry on the floor like a spoiled cow? These pathetic actions showed James exactly what kind of a spineless man this was. He was causing a ruckus, however. Other patrons began looking their way. Great.

To the loud, sobbing, pathetic man: "Uh-huh. Seems to me you were threatening to assault a constable, and broke down into little girl tears when you heard the consequences for that crime. I didn't touch you at all. You know? You should learn to control yourself. You really wouldn't like being in jail for assaulting or threatening an officer of the law."

Then the piano player, who was looking pretty annoyed, turned around and spoke his mind. At least he was more polite, in an insulting way. "Good to hear that you don't want trouble. Let's keep it that way." With a dark smile and calculating eyes his way, too.

And then, a younger woman stepped forward and asked what was going on. "Sorry, ma'am. This gentleman was threatening to assault a constable, and broke down crying like this when he heard that that action was a crime, and he'd have to spend time in jail if he carried it out."

At that time, the bartender caught his attention. James' food that he had ordered was done and ready. So, tipping his hat to the lady, and smiling again at the cowering man on the floor and the piano player, walked to the bar to get his meal, and then sat down at a table further away from them. He'd had enough of them for now. Plus, he was hungry.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Human Planets » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:42 pm

Billy walked along the road to Mason, watching as the lights from the town grew ever closer with every step he took. It was getting dark out, but he could still make out the old steeple from the church, and the little cottages along its outskirts. He carried a little knapsack on a stick over his shoulder, white shirt and suspenders holding up hie trousers. In his boot he could feel his straight razor bouncing each time his left foot hit the ground. On his head he wore a tattered old flat cap, with razors sewn into the brim, so that he could slash someone's face with his own hat if he ever needed a weapon fast. He didnt think he would need to though. Mason was a small town, and it comforted him some to know that he probably wouldn't need to hurt anyone, or he himself be hurt.

Despite all of his reasons for leaving the town in the first place, it felt nice to be back. After all it was where he had spent much of his childhood, even if much of his childhood had been spent resenting the town of Mason. Billy didnt know why he had decided to return, but it still lined up well with his situation in London. It seemed that he had gone and wronged just a few to many people as of late, and now both three rival gangs and what felt to him like the entirety of Scotland Yard were after him. In reality it was only a small bounty, but in the community he lived in it felt like the time to leave. So here he was, back in Mason.

He was practically in town at this point, and a little ways off he could see the tavern. It seemed like as good a place as any, and so he made his way there. He walked down the dusty old streets, passed a few horses and homes. He passed what was Old Man Perry's home, though at his point Perry was almost certainly dead. It was a miracle he was even still alive when Billy was 7. The apple tree was still in his yard though. To his left was a house with three little old ladys on it, rocking back and forth and knitting, talking quietly to themselves. As he passed he tipped his hat to them, working his way around the razors in the brim so he didn't cut his fingers. They nodded back and continued knitting. As Billy got closer to the tavern, he heard what sounded an awful lot like crying. He couldn't tell if it was drunken crying over something that wouldn't really matter in the long run, or if someone was actually in a bad place, but it turned him off of getting alcohol. But, it wasn't like he really knew anyone in town, so he decided to brave the over emotional person in the name of ale.

Billy entered the bar to find a rather strange scene. A single man was cowering on the floor, crying to himself like a small child, while the rest of the patrons were making a pointed effort to either ignore him or make him leave. Billy stood in the doorway awkwardly, watching. He didn't know what to do really, and felt like he should try and help in some way. But, he didnt know how. He scratched his chin thinking, but ultimately decided to stick with his plan. He was thirsty and hungry, and one sobbing drunk wasn't going to deter him from his end goal. Billy stepped into the tavern, over the crying man and up to the bar. "Oi, barkeep," he said. The bartender looked over at him, waiting for an order. "Give me a pint of ale, and I want bowl of roast beef to go with it."

The bartender nodded, taking a glass down from the racks behind him and filling it to the brim with the finest dark ale Billy had seen in a while. It was certainly better than the watered down slew he got in Whitechapel. The look of it alone was enough to make him consider staying in Mason indefinitely. The bartender scrapped the foam off the top with a wooden ruler, before handing it to Billy, "Here you are," he said. "That roast beef will be just a minute."

"Thanks," said Billy. He leaned on the bar and nursed his ale, looking around the room. It was certainly an interesting cast of characters, everyone seeming to have a unique story to tell. He liked it, even with a man bawling like a baby in the middle of the floor. He felt less like he had to keep up an appearance here in this little town in Wales. In London, he had always had to be tough as nails, any insult had to be met with force or he would risk losing his reputation. It made him feel comfortable knowing that he was probably one of the more formidable fighters in the room, but that he still didnt have to worry about getting in a fight unless he wanted one. Maybe after a few more pints he would be looking for a fight, but at the moment he just felt calm. Maybe one of the others from the orphanage was still in town. If he could find any of them, he figured he would give them a call.

Max Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 03, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Max Empire » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:46 am

Max
Mason Tavern

Max looked up with red eyes at the constable. "I d-didn't threaten y-you at all! I-I j-just s-said y-you l-look familiar... A-and t-then y-you t-threatened to b-break m-my f-finger a-and t-take m-me to j-jail.", Max said as the entire room gave the constable a scowl. After the constable walked away, Max got up and went over to Roderich.

Slowly wiping the tears away from his face, Max whispered to the guy. "I wonder how well he'll do once all the regional landowners call for his removal. I can tell you he'll be out of a job very soon.", he said as he put his arms around Roderich to comfort himself. "T-Thanks f-for sticking up f-for m-me... I-I t-think t-that y-you d-deserve a reward...", he said as he pulled a little away from him so he could give him a mischievous smile through his red tear covered face.
Economic Left/Right: 2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.44
23 year old Pansexual Swiss Male from Switzerland, loves history, economics and politics

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:11 am

Shaylee

"Yes. Yes you do Lily." Shaylee said and stood their, "Your real name is Alina though. It's a pretty name, though I don't understand why you don't like it. You probably don't remember me though. I was only four and even I don't remember much from back then."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:29 am

"Yes. Yes you do Lily." Shaylee said and stood their, "Your real name is Alina though. It's a pretty name, though I don't understand why you don't like it. You probably don't remember me though. I was only four and even I don't remember much from back then."
"W-what?!" Lily's eyes widened. "You--how do you know my real name? Nobody knows my real name except my sister! Which one are you? I can't remember--who you are--how would you possibly know my real name? I don't understand!"

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:37 am

Shaylee

"I see it all." Shaylee said and looked down, "I see all of the energies of this world, all the connections possible. Place to person, person to person, person to past, past to future, person to future and so on. That is how I know your real name. I also know your sisters name, and the name of the two men over their. I know what you can all do. I even know the name of your ghost friend. I can see her energy, and see the connections."

She paused and removed the blind fold and looked at Lily, "My name is Shaylee..." She said after a moment it was getting hard for her to keep focused, so she put the blind fold back on.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:53 am

"I see it all." Shaylee said and looked down, "I see all of the energies of this world, all the connections possible. Place to person, person to person, person to past, past to future, person to future and so on. That is how I know your real name. I also know your sisters name, and the name of the two men over their. I know what you can all do. I even know the name of your ghost friend. I can see her energy, and see the connections."

She paused and removed the blind fold and looked at Lily, "My name is Shaylee..." She said after a moment it was getting hard for her to keep focused, so she put the blind fold back on.
"...That's... impressive," Lily said sincerely. "You're right, I don't really remember you, although the name and face are vaguely familiar. As for my ghost friend... Please don't say her name out loud. She hates it even more than I do my own. Not that she minds the name in general... it's that it's her name that bothers her." She sighed. "I feel bad for her. She can't move on because she doesn't think she deserves to. And no matter how hard I try, she's just not convinced."

"Hello, I'm here too," Elizabeth said with a frown. "She was talking about me."

"Oh!" Lily blushed. "I'm sorry, Elizabeth, I didn't realize you were there. How embarrassing..."

WaRtArIa
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:21 am

Mason Tavern

Max looked up with red eyes at the constable. "I d-didn't threaten y-you at all! I-I j-just s-said y-you l-look familiar... A-and t-then y-you t-threatened to b-break m-my f-finger a-and t-take m-me to j-jail.", Max said as the entire room gave the constable a scowl. After the constable walked away, Max got up and went over to Roderich.

Slowly wiping the tears away from his face, Max whispered to the guy. "I wonder how well he'll do once all the regional landowners call for his removal. I can tell you he'll be out of a job very soon.", he said as he put his arms around Roderich to comfort himself. "T-Thanks f-for sticking up f-for m-me... I-I t-think t-that y-you d-deserve a reward...", he said as he pulled a little away from him so he could give him a mischievous smile through his red tear covered face.

Roderich simply wrapped his arms around Max, staying rather quiet for most of the hug. There wasn’t really much to be said. It was a simple process. Defend a friend and do his duty. Get warm embraces afterwards.

Glancing at the two, Rose giggled a bit. “Aww, so cute.”

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:16 pm

Billy watched as the scene with the crying man unfolded. The patrons of the tavern had all given the constable some pretty dirty looks, and in the end he just left. The crying man stood, and joined a table with friends, and they all moved to comfort him. As Billy looked around, some of the faces seemed familiar to him, though he couldn't quite place how. They were certainly a strange bunch though, that much he could see.

"Here's your food sir," said the bartender, sliding a plate to Billy. He tipped his hat to the other man, and placed a couple coins on the table to pay for his food. The bartender took the money, but eyed Billy as he bent his head down to eat.

Billy looked back at the bartender. "What are you looking at?" He said.

"You better not be slashing anybody with those razors you got in your hat," he said.

"Don't you worry about it," said Billy, "I don't plan to till they give me a reason."

"Well let's keep it that way," said the bartender.

"Right'o," said Billy, digging into his food again. As he ate he listened to the conversations the other patrons were having. He looked around every once and a while, trying to recognize some people, but had little luck. It had been so long since he left, and he had never been particularly close with the other children in the orphanage. Maybe though, so he kept looking.
Last edited by United Human Planets on Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:20 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Wynnelynn 'Winnie' Malone-Aaldenberg

I covered my mouth as she finished. This poor girl. A thirteen year old, no older than me, was dragged into such business? Terrible.
"Your poor schlama—." I paused for a second before continuing. While I was in shock, I noticed that she was having difficulty understanding the Yiddish terms that I tended to use when in shock. So I reminded myself to hold back on the Yiddish. It also seemed like she was from Southern Wales, so I put a damper on my Northern accent as well. Folks here just don't seem to have the same ear for it as the people back in Llanfairpwllgwyngyll.
"O mai. You—you had to toledrate that hedresy. And they did it to but y plentyn. Disgdracefal. Well, as mai athair says, 'Drochubh, drochéan. Nó easpa de, ar ndóigh—If the ked's not dweng well, blame the padrents. O' lach thedrof.' He often laichs tw tell old Gwyddeleg pdroverbs laich that. He tells me hes mum told hem most of them, but he maid sowm letl edets hi' and the'a."
I finished off my crempog before stretching. It was getting a bit late, and I still needed to find a place to stay. Suddenly, an thought struck me. Did Filia have a place to stay either? May as well ask.
"Filia, ai was wondedring: Dw you haf a place tw stay? Ai'm hedeng tw an en ni'abai. Ef you want, ai cyd pe'haps be owpen tw letting you stay with me en the en. Eich dewis, mewn gwirionedd."
As I finished speaking, I stood up.

Filia Umbrarum AKA Nyx

Filia gave Winnie a non-concerning look. She was quite use to dealing with the local perves so Nyx didn't see much of a problem as long as she could defend herself. "Na. Na. Not Disgdracefal." she spoke, shaking her head with a bit of rejecion towards the pity, "Gets ma mathu an food an place ta sleep. Mae pobl just gotta ask and rai when I say yea and if they don't I just glawdd 'em."

Filia nodded when asked if she got a place to stay. Having been without a roof under her head for ten years the streets of Mason became her home. "Me live in stryd gefn near tavern. Sleep on fatres with goelcerth keeping me warm." she spoke with a giggle, "You ofering place her tw sleep? Okway. Me like that. Brecwast, too?"

"Na. Na. Not Disgdracefal." she spoke, shaking her head with a bit of rejecion towards the pity, "Gets ma coin an food an place ta sleep. People just gotta ask and pay when I say yea and if they don't I just claw 'em."

"Me live in alleyway near tavern. Sleep on mattress with bonfire keeping me warm." she spoke with a giggle, "You ofering place her tw sleep? Okway. Me like that. Brecwast, too?"
Last edited by The Flutterlands on Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:41 pm

Mason Tavern

The Mason Tavern
James

As he had been leaving the pervert, James had heard him say his final, blubbering words, and shook his head. As he left, he said, "I never threatened you at all. I simply warned you what happens if you try to threaten constables, and if you put your fingers in dangerous places. You wouldn't want to be involved in an accident." (To himself, thinking that the most dangerous place this man could have put his fingers was on James' chest again. Ughhh).

Yes, there were some who scowled at James for his actions. But not those who heard what the man had said to James. They were quite disgusted at the thought this man would try to make a pass at another man, and their scowls were directed at the sobbing, perverted man. As for others? Passing them, James was careful to whisper to the other customers that this crying man was not in his right mind, and that James had never threatened or touched the man at all. Though it probably wouldn't hurt to tell the bartender, too. People might come up and talk to the man who was quick with the bottle and had ears to listen, about the scene they had not exactly witnessed. James made a mental note to do this, and began to eat his roast beef and potatoes again.

He tried to occupy his mind by noting who all was here in the tavern, and what their body language suggested. Other than those two riffraff who were most certainly trouble, there were others in the tavern. Many James recognized, but there were a few new ones. Travelers, by the looks of them. Some children, even. Some looked tired, some carried themselves with pride and arrogance, and some were a little twitchy. Those ones might bear further observation...
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:31 pm

Donovon aka 'Donnie'
The Town of Mason

The air was silent and cold. The moon slowly making it's way high in the sky as it illuminated across the sky to try and ward off the invasive blackness that was the night. It worked slightly, replacing some of the darkness with a bright white light, but the moon himself can only do so much as to light up everything, and as a result, gave up and allowed for the rest of the night to blanket over the sky. There were stars in the sky; quite a bit of them shining dimly and sparsely throughout the sky trying to help the moon overcome the darkness. But atlas they failed once again as the darkness consumed the remaining space that was unoccupied by the luminous celestial bodies that shared the space with it. There was nothing or no one in sight for only God knows except for a long dirt road that the moonlight shined upon on as if the heavens were looking down upon it as well. It stood there barren and desolate; waiting for someone or something to ride or walk across it. On both sides of the paved road where Man has made their mark was where Mother Nature began. On the left was untouched and virgin lands as an abundance of trees and vegetation resided, taking it's place and marking it's territory in protest to the road beside it. On the left was the same image. Although there were less vegetation as beyond the first row of tress which were trying to hide it's special crown jewel was the faint sight of a small lake. The moonlight shining down on the water making it's bright white reflection slightly seen in the ripples of the blue and black water.

Where the road itself lead was anyone's guess. And that was how it was for minutes. Hours even. Waiting and wishing for someone...something to give it it's purpose again and walk, ride, or even crawl over it. And for a few moments, it reminded that way; the road slowly giving up it's hope of having a person or even an animal cross it. Until that all changed. The dead silent air that was surrounding the area was disturbed finally by the sound of faint clopping of hooves and the creaking and shakiness of wheels. But where it was coming from was unknown; it was like a mystery that surrounding the peaceful land. Until it was solved. Within minutes of hearing nothing but noise, the moonlight shined it's light on a carriage that was slowly coming up along the road. It was being driven by a large black horse. It's long and flowy mane and silky hair gently waving in the wind as the moon shined upon it and illuminated it and it's cargo that it was carrying behind them. The equine being guided by a middle-age man with rather mature features as he had a faint five-o-clock shadow with well kept short and light orange hair. His pale green eyes which were filled with a stern and tired expression stayed focused on the long strip of dirt road as they still had a bit of time before they reached their destination.

But even so, the road that was yearning for affection finally got it as the vehicle rode across it; and it reciprocated the feeling by revealing something to the man and horse. Slowly coming up in front of them was the outline of what seemed to be a town or city. The darkness creating a black silhouette of the place as the moon slowly began to once again do it's job and gradually light up the buildings and town. Seeing the sight of the town, the older man squinted his eyes slightly as he tighten his grip on the reins and gave them a little jerk and upon command, the horse that was on the end of it quicken it's pace as it galloped towards it's destination. The silent and dead night air once again becoming alive with the sounds of rapid hoof beats and the subtle squeaking of the wooden and metal carriage.

After about twenty minutes of constant riding, the riders soon arrived at their destination. Making their way into the town, they saw that the town was mostly quiet and peaceful as most of the citizens turned in for the night or were closing up shop. Given the sight of darkness in some of the buildings. However there were still people that were up at night. A few of them were spotted talking along the sidewalk in groups or walking in and out of the more mature night scenes; the windows of these lots being illuminated with either bright or dimly lit white and yellow light. There were even a few carriages that either passed by them or were parked along the road. And soon the sightseeing of the area came to a halt as the carriage that was being pulled by the large black horse came to a slow and sudden stop. And once again like before, silence soon overcame the area; although this time it didn't last very long as the sudden sound of a horse snorting and clacking it's front hooves hit the pavement broke the silence. And a few seconds later the middle-aged rider got down from his seat as a small thud was heard as his feel touched the ground below it. Stretching and getting the blood to flow though his body once again, the man the walked from his spot and closer to the equine beast as he gently stroked it's muzzle and smirked at it. "You did good girl. Now you can rest some." The man softly said as his voice sounded deep and gritty as well as sensual and gentle. Continuing for another few hours, he removed his hands from his companion's face as he made his way towards the side of the carriage where there was a door placed on it. Raising his hand up towards the handle, the man grabbed it and pulled it towards him, opening the door all the way before backing up towards the side of it. And a few seconds later, their special cargo finally came out of the carriage.

A young man soon stepped out of the carriage careful not to fall. His black dress shoes tapping the pavement below him as he stood straight up and looked around. He was a handsome young man that looked to be in his mid to late teens or early twenties with light celadon blue eyes and light black hair. He had faint streaks of grey hairs near his tips that might indicate premature greying. His face and skin complexion was of a fair honey with smoothness throughout minus the small black scruff that was slowly making itself known on his face. With a small grunt from himself, the man looked at the older orange-hair man and nodded to him.

"Well, we're here my friend." The young man said to the older man while faintly smiling to him. "Welcome to the Town of Mason." He declared as he waved his hands through the air as if he was displaying the town to him. His voice sounding soft and gentle and sensual. A sense of elegance filled his tone as a the small hint of a Scottish accent coming through his words. With a small chuckle and sigh, he continued, "This is where most of my life have taken place. A piece of a page in my book of a life if you will." He laughed softly.

"I can see Sir." The older man said as he rubbed the top of his head as his eyes followed the motion of the younger one's hand. Looking at him, he smiled and looked at him with his pale green eyes. "I'm sure that your parents would like to know that their son has made it safely to their destination and that everything will be fine for the next couple of weeks, am I right Donnie?" He said slyly smiling at the younger man with an arched eyebrow that made it look as though he was only going to take 'Yes' or something similar as an answer to his question.

"Why yes, William, they will." Donovon said as he sighed and shook his head jocularly at being called 'Donnie'. "How about we do this, eh? How about you go and find us a room to sleep in for the night while I go ahead and walk around town? Maybe let Georgia get some water and rest for the night seeing as we're not going anywhere?"

"Um, alright, I guess so. But just don't be getting into trouble when I'm not around; and be careful, alright son?" William said messing up the teen's hair for which he responded by laughing and playfully moving his hand. William heard the laugh and smiled at it, chuckling softly before speaking. "You still have that same cute laugh. Ever since you were a baby, that little laugh of your's haven't changed one bit." He sighed and looked at Donovon. "So I'll go ahead and do what you said and you go on and enjoy yourself and what you need to do; and please be careful, alright Donovon?"

"Alright. I'll probably meet you there in maybe about three hours or so. And don't worry, I'll be fine. I know how to take care of myself and some of the people probably know me since I been here, okay? Now go on along so that you and Georgia can go and get some rest. And I'll let Mom know that I'd made it already." Donovon said placing his hand on William's shoulder to offer him reassurance and care for which the orange haired man sighed in defeat and shook his head, smiling at him. "Okay, okay, I will. Now get out of my face before I change my mind." William said playfully as he made a shooing motion with his hand. "Alright." Donnie smirked as he nodded towards his older companion. "I'll see you later."

"Good. Now see you later, and good night too if you come in late at night." William said as he closed the door to the carriage and walked towards the front of the carriage where he returned to his spot in front of the vehicle and sat there for a moment to yawn dramatically and loudly, causing Donovon to laugh and hush him before he grabbed the reins on the horse and gave a little jerk to them, causing the horse to snort and begin walking once again; as they slowly walked though the streets towards an inn, William raised a hand and waved without even turning back to see who he was waving at as he already had a feeling as who was going to reciprocate the sign.

And just as expected, Donovon waved back at the carriage as he let his hand fall down to his hands and sighed in content as he once again looked around the town as he began to reminisce about this times being here and that faithful night, for that time, he stopped thinking and softly sighed. "Okay..." He said combing his hair with his hand. "Where should I do now..." And with that, he stepped onto the sidewalk where he began to walk near around the area, searching for either someone or somewhere familiar. Although he soon idly made his way towards the tavern that apparently was busy tonight. But he didn't go inside of the bar as he didn't rally want to deal with the loudness and rambunctious nature that goes on inside of them. Instead, he just found a seat outside of the bar on the ground where he sat down crossing his legs and sighed as he watched the moon that was in the sky, for which was almost at it's highest point of the night. "Yep; this seat still offers some of the best views." He sighed as he leaned back on the wall of the building and placed his hands in his lap while enjoying the view.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

WaRtArIa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:22 pm

As Roderich moved his seat a bit in order for the piano to be perfectly aligned with his position, the glass of wine tumbled onto the ground, shattering and spilling wine all over Rose’s tunic and pants. Upon realizing his blunder, Roderich, still holding onto Max, apologized frantically. “Oh dear, I’m dreadfully sorry for my mistake! I assure you, I will be able to buy you a new tunic, Rose.”

Rose, grumbling upon realizing her tunic was ruined, waved him off. “It’s alright, Roddy. I think I should be walking home, now. It’s the middle of the afternoon, and I don’t think that the tavern is the best place for a good hearty lunch. Perhaps your friend there would like to stay over for a bit? He seems like an interesting fellow, ain’t he?”

Roderich snorted in amusement. There were small traits of irony, here. Today, there were many internal jokes to be played out, and this incident is probably only the early wave. “Tch. Ja, but that’s an understatement.”

Walking up to the bartender bloke, Rose paid the tab for the drinks, whispering in the bartender’s ear. Although it was undiscernable to the other patrons on what she said, the bartender nodded in acknowledgement, bidding her a simple good luck. Before leaving, Rose called out to the two, waving to them. “Anyway, if your friend there wants to stay over for lunch, I’ll be waiting outside, alright? Tot ziens, grote broer! Ik hou van jou!”

Smiling at Rose, Roderich bid her goodbye. “Tot ziens. I’ll see you later, alright?”

Rose walked out the door, seating herself on one of the wooden benches outside the bar. To her ire, the soaked tunic was sticking to her breasts, making her feel a bit uncomfortable. Rose just covered the mess with her coat and hoped the aftermath of the ordeal would go unnoticed. Maybe she’ll get to know the strange bloke later. For now, she will just wait. Rose weakly greeted the stranger(s) next to her, hoping to pass the time. She hoped her brother would go with her soon, so that she can go home and actually make dinner. Roderich wasn’t that bad of a cook, actually. He liked to help her bake the cakes and scones. To be honest, Roddy was a funny guy. “So... you seem familiar, yeah? I’m Rose, it’s nice to meet you and all.”
Last edited by WaRtArIa on Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:43 pm

Wartaria wrote:As Roderich moved his seat a bit in order for the piano to be perfectly aligned with his position, the glass of wine tumbled onto the ground, shattering and spilling wine all over Rose’s tunic and pants. Upon realizing his blunder, Roderich, still holding onto Max, apologized frantically. “Oh dear, I’m dreadfully sorry for my mistake! I assure you, I will be able to buy you a new tunic, Rose.”

Rose, grumbling upon realizing her tunic was ruined, waved him off. “It’s alright, Roddy. I think I should be walking home, now. It’s the middle of the afternoon, and I don’t think that the tavern is the best place for a good hearty lunch. Perhaps your friend there would like to stay over for a bit? He seems like an interesting fellow, ain’t he?”

Roderich snorted in amusement. There were small traits of irony, here. Today, there were many internal jokes to be played out, and this incident is probably only the early wave. “Tch. Ja, but that’s an understatement.”

Walking up to the bartender bloke, Rose paid the tab for the drinks, whispering in the bartender’s ear. Although it was undiscernable to the other patrons on what she said, the bartender nodded in acknowledgement, bidding her a simple good luck. Before leaving, Rose called out to the two, waving to them. “Anyway, if your friend there wants to stay over for lunch, I’ll be waiting outside, alright? Tot ziens, grote broer! Ik hou van jou!”

Smiling at Rose, Roderich bid her goodbye. “Tot ziens. I’ll see you later, alright?”

Rose walked out the door, seating herself on one of the wooden benches outside the bar. To her ire, the soaked tunic was sticking to her breasts, making her feel a bit uncomfortable. Rose just covered the mess with her coat and hoped the aftermath of the ordeal would go unnoticed. Maybe she’ll get to know the strange bloke later. For now, she will just wait. Rose weakly greeted the stranger(s) next to her, hoping to pass the time. She hoped her brother would go with her soon, so that she can go outside and actually make lunch. Roderich wasn’t that bad of a cook, actually. He liked to help her bake the cakes and scones. To be honest, Roddy was a funny guy. “So... you seem familiar, yeah? I’m Rose, it’s nice to meet you and all.”

Billy looked up from his food, his hat flashing a bit in the light. The girl who had sat next to him a had a rather conspicuous wine stain spilled over her shirt, and she tried in vain to hide it. "Oh, uh," said Billy through a full mouth. "Its good to meet you." He swallowed painfully to keep himself talking with food in his mouth and extended his hand. "I cant say I recognize you. Were you in the orphanage?" He felt a little bad not knowing he girl, but he just chalked it up to his never having been very friendly with any of the other children in the first place.

Max Empire
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Max Empire » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:46 pm

Max
Mason Tavern

Max smiled at Rose's offer. "I think I'll go wait with the young lady outside, so she's not alone.", he said as he gave Roderich a mischievous smile. "See you later?", he said as he moved so that his back was facing the people sitting at the tables so nobody could see what he was about to do. Giving Roderich one moment before stealing a quick kiss from him. Max then removed his arms from around him and gave him one last wink and smile before heading towards the door and outside to where Rose was talking to somebody.

Taking a seat next to her, Max looked at the guy(s) she was talking to. "You know... You look awfully familiar... Have we met before? I know Rose her from when we were in an Orphanage together...", he said as he tried to remember if he knew this guy. "Wait. Billy? Is that you? I remember calling you by your real name a lot when I wanted to annoy you when we were younger!", Max said with a gleeful smile on his face as he remembered teasing the young William.
23 year old Pansexual Swiss Male from Switzerland, loves history, economics and politics

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:58 pm

Mason Tavern

Max smiled at Rose's offer. "I think I'll go wait with the young lady outside, so she's not alone.", he said as he gave Roderich a mischievous smile. "See you later?", he said as he moved so that his back was facing the people sitting at the tables so nobody could see what he was about to do. Giving Roderich one moment before stealing a quick kiss from him. Max then removed his arms from around him and gave him one last wink and smile before heading towards the door and outside to where Rose was talking to somebody.

Taking a seat next to her, Max looked at the guy(s) she was talking to. "You know... You look awfully familiar... Have we met before? I know Rose her from when we were in an Orphanage together...", he said as he tried to remember if he knew this guy. "Wait. Billy? Is that you? I remember calling you by your real name a lot when I wanted to annoy you when we were younger!", Max said with a gleeful smile on his face as he remembered teasing the young William.

"Hmm," said Billy. "I going to assume you are an older Max. No one else ever called me William as much as you did." Billy smiled, showing off where he was now missing one of his canine teeth. I had been knocked out in a fight with three other's from a rival gang. In the end he had broken one of their arms and slashed the other two in the face with his straight razor, but that hadn't stopped them from knocking a tooth out and cracking his head open. "Its good to see you. I never thought I would say this, but Its nice to see someone I know in Mason, even if I did spend all my time in the orphanage complaining about this place." He paused a second, looking around before turning back to Max. "Say, have you seen anyone else from back in the day? Ive seen some people who looked vaguely familiar, but none who I could really place."

Max Empire
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Max Empire » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:04 pm

United Human Planets wrote:
"Hmm," said Billy. "I going to assume you are an older Max. No one else ever called me William as much as you did." Billy smiled, showing off where he was now missing one of his canine teeth. I had been knocked out in a fight with three other's from a rival gang. In the end he had broken one of their arms and slashed the other two in the face with his straight razor, but that hadn't stopped them from knocking a tooth out and cracking his head open. "Its good to see you. I never thought I would say this, but Its nice to see someone I know in Mason, even if I did spend all my time in the orphanage complaining about this place." He paused a second, looking around before turning back to Max. "Say, have you seen anyone else from back in the day? Ive seen some people who looked vaguely familiar, but none who I could really place."

Max
Outside of Mason Tavern

Well, Roderich is inside... And Rose here was also in the Orphanage... I can't really say that I've seen a lot of them... I've just seen several people who look vaguely familiar.", Max said as he smiled to show off his perfect teeth. "I've lived around here all my life, but I don't really spend much time in Mason. I tend to spend a lot of time in the countryside... Doing my job.", he said as he scratched the back of his head nervously and he chuckled awkwardly. "What have you been up to since the orphanage was shut down?", he asked as shifted his position into something more comfortable, yet seemingly more elegant.
Last edited by Max Empire on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:12 pm

Max empire wrote:

Max
Outside of Mason Tavern

Well, Roderich is inside... And Rose here was also in the Orphanage... I can't really say that I've seen a lot of them... I've just seen several people who look vaguely familiar.", Max said as he smiled to show off his perfect teeth. "I've lived around here all my life, but I don't really spend much time in Mason. I tend to spend a lot of time in the countryside... Doing my job.", he said as he scratched the back of his head nervously as he chuckled awkwardly. "What have you been up to since the orphanage was shut down?", he asked as shifted his position into something more comfortable, yet seemingly more elegant.

"Well," said Billy, trying to think of how he could word his current profession. He thought a bit, but wasnt able to come up with a suitable term in a quick enough time to make it not look like he was stalling, So he just ran with the truth. "Theres no way for me to say it so that it will sound like an honest profession, so Ill just be honest. When the orphanage closed down and old Maxon died, I left for London. I lived in a little hovel in Whitechapel, and joined a gang. Been fighting and terrorizing people for the last 10 years. A lot of the reason Im back here in Mason is because I decided that I didnt want to live the rest of my life doing that." It was only a half truth, not wanting to spend the rest of his life hurting people. While it was true, a far bigger reason was that there was a bounty on his head, and no less than three rival gangs were looking to kill him. But it sounded nicer to just say he was done with a life of crime.

Max Empire
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Max Empire » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:19 pm

United Human Planets wrote:"Well," said Billy, trying to think of how he could word his current profession. He thought a bit, but wasnt able to come up with a suitable term in a quick enough time to make it not look like he was stalling, So he just ran with the truth. "Theres no way for me to say it so that it will sound like an honest profession, so Ill just be honest. When the orphanage closed down and old Maxon died, I left for London. I lived in a little hovel in Whitechapel, and joined a gang. Been fighting and terrorizing people for the last 10 years. A lot of the reason Im back here in Mason is because I decided that I didnt want to live the rest of my life doing that." It was only a half truth, not wanting to spend the rest of his life hurting people. While it was true, a far bigger reason was that there was a bounty on his head, and no less than three rival gangs were looking to kill him. But it sounded nicer to just say he was done with a life of crime.

Max
Outside of Mason Tavern

"Oh... Well... Then I can tell you what I do...", Max said a he took a deep breath... "I'm a prostitute... I service some rich people around the area... I'm probably the only Male one in this side of Wales... It would also explain why I'm so clean and collected, as well as my... Let me say, refined mannerism and way of speaking. A little something I picked up from interacting with the higher sections of society.", he said a she scratched the back of his head. "Father Hamson would have been so disappointed in me... He was always lecturing me about morals and the like... I took my first step towards what I am today the day he died... I remember really missing him...", Max looked down at the ground with a sad expression on his face.

"But that's the past! I live a happy life now and my job isn't that bad. Even though it's illegal, I have a great time and interacting with the upper class has given me a lot of opportunities.", he said as his head jolted back up and he gave Billy and Rose a big, warm and happy smile.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:28 pm

Max empire wrote:
United Human Planets wrote:"Well," said Billy, trying to think of how he could word his current profession. He thought a bit, but wasnt able to come up with a suitable term in a quick enough time to make it not look like he was stalling, So he just ran with the truth. "Theres no way for me to say it so that it will sound like an honest profession, so Ill just be honest. When the orphanage closed down and old Maxon died, I left for London. I lived in a little hovel in Whitechapel, and joined a gang. Been fighting and terrorizing people for the last 10 years. A lot of the reason Im back here in Mason is because I decided that I didnt want to live the rest of my life doing that." It was only a half truth, not wanting to spend the rest of his life hurting people. While it was true, a far bigger reason was that there was a bounty on his head, and no less than three rival gangs were looking to kill him. But it sounded nicer to just say he was done with a life of crime.

Max
Outside of Mason Tavern

"Oh... Well... Then I can tell you what I do...", Max said a he took a deep breath... "I'm a prostitute... I service some rich people around the area... I'm probably the only Male one in this side of Wales... It would also explain why I'm so clean and collected, as well as my... Let me say, refined mannerism and way of speaking. A little something I picked up from interacting with the higher sections of society.", he said a she scratched the back of his head. "Father Hamson would have been so disappointed in me... He was always lecturing me about morals and the like... I took my first step towards what I am today the day he died... I remember really missing him...", Max looked down at the ground with a sad expression on his face.

"But that's the past! I live a happy life now and my job isn't that bad. Even though it's illegal, I have a great time and interacting with the upper class has given me a lot of opportunities.", he said as his head jolted back up and he gave Billy and Rose a big, warm and happy smile.

"Well, better to feel happy than sad," said Billy. He wouldn't show it, but her certainly wished he could feel a little better. The ideal of never showing weakness had definitely rubbed off on Billy during his time in London. If he could help it, he would do whatever was in his power to always appear like he could take on the world. In reality though he felt a lot of remorse for the things he did. But, that was his business, and no one was going to know about it if he could help it. "So, Rose," he said. "What have you been doing all these years? Hopefully something a little less unsavory than me." He grinned he missing tooth grin again, trying to appear friendly.

WaRtArIa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:34 pm

Outside of Mason Tavern

"Well, better to feel happy than sad," said Billy. He wouldn't show it, but her certainly wished he could feel a little better. The ideal of never showing weakness had definitely rubbed off on Billy during his time in London. If he could help it, he would do whatever was in his power to always appear like he could take on the world. In reality though he felt a lot of remorse for the things he did. But, that was his business, and no one was going to know about it if he could help it. "So, Rose," he said. "What have you been doing all these years? Hopefully something a little less unsavory than me." He grinned he missing tooth grin again, trying to appear friendly.

Rose glanced at Billy, and after a few moments, a gleeful smile appeared on her face. There was yet another person from the old orphanage. To be honest, Rose never expected to have such a large number of wonderful reunions, and nearby the local tavern at that. Next time, she’ll actually tip the bartender, and then she’ll get even better luck. Rose will make sure to be careful about the spilled drinks, that’s for certain. Perhaps she should actually spill the drink on herself more often, as long as it is water. Wine and juice were a pain when they were spilled on clothing. “Everyone here looks so damn familiar, am I right? This tavern just gave me a big happy reunion. Hell, I should tip the bartender next time, and maybe I’ll get even better luck. This deserves a party at my house, I know it. We’ll pour out the reebs. The high-quality ones, I assure you, not the poor quality found here.”

Meanwhile, at the piano, Roderich actually simply froze for a moment. Blushing completely red, Roderich mulled over what just happened right now. Did he... did he just...? Roderich just then realized he was a blue. He just caused a huge commotion. And now, he’s going to have to leave work for a bit. It What a completely unexpected turn of events, isn’t it? Leaving the bar and following his sister and Max, Roderich sat himself next to his sister, who was chattering so fast it was hard to discern what she said. Roderich hoped that he would get his wage, and he most likely would. He had been working for most of the day, and the owner of this tavern knew that Roderich would only leave the job early if there was something important occuring, and Roderich safely concluded that this was important.

Raising an eyebrow, Roderich glanced at the gaunt-looking bloke next to him. “Another reunion, I presume? Carry on, carry on.”

Rose nodded. “Another reunion it is!”

They grinned, hoping to get over the small amounts of tension occuring at the moment.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:36 pm

Wynnelynn 'Winnie' Malone-Aaldenberg

The Flutterlands wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Wynnelynn 'Winnie' Malone-Aaldenberg

I covered my mouth as she finished. This poor girl. A thirteen year old, no older than me, was dragged into such business? Terrible.
"Your poor schlama—." I paused for a second before continuing. While I was in shock, I noticed that she was having difficulty understanding the Yiddish terms that I tended to use when in shock. So I reminded myself to hold back on the Yiddish. It also seemed like she was from Southern Wales, so I put a damper on my Northern accent as well. Folks here just don't seem to have the same ear for it as the people back in Llanfairpwllgwyngyll.
"O mai. You—you had to toledrate that hedresy. And they did it to but y plentyn. Disgdracefal. Well, as mai athair says, 'Drochubh, drochéan. Nó easpa de, ar ndóigh—If the ked's not dweng well, blame the padrents. O' lach thedrof.' He often laichs tw tell old Gwyddeleg pdroverbs laich that. He tells me hes mum told hem most of them, but he maid sowm letl edets hi' and the'a."
I finished off my crempog before stretching. It was getting a bit late, and I still needed to find a place to stay. Suddenly, an thought struck me. Did Filia have a place to stay either? May as well ask.
"Filia, ai was wondedring: Dw you haf a place tw stay? Ai'm hedeng tw an en ni'abai. Ef you want, ai cyd pe'haps be owpen tw letting you stay with me en the en. Eich dewis, mewn gwirionedd."
As I finished speaking, I stood up.

Filia Umbrarum AKA Nyx

Filia gave Winnie a non-concerning look. She was quite use to dealing with the local perves so Nyx didn't see much of a problem as long as she could defend herself. "Na. Na. Not Disgdracefal." she spoke, shaking her head with a bit of rejecion towards the pity, "Gets ma mathu an food an place ta sleep. Mae pobl just gotta ask and rai when I say yea and if they don't I just glawdd 'em."

Filia nodded when asked if she got a place to stay. Having been without a roof under her head for ten years the streets of Mason became her home. "Me live in stryd gefn near tavern. Sleep on fatres with goelcerth keeping me warm." she spoke with a giggle, "You ofering place her tw sleep? Okway. Me like that. Brecwast, too?"

"Na. Na. Not Disgdracefal." she spoke, shaking her head with a bit of rejecion towards the pity, "Gets ma coin an food an place ta sleep. People just gotta ask and pay when I say yea and if they don't I just claw 'em."

"Me live in alleyway near tavern. Sleep on mattress with bonfire keeping me warm." she spoke with a giggle, "You ofering place her tw sleep? Okway. Me like that. Brecwast, too?"

I looked around the bar. It had become busier since I'd arrived. Most of them were adults, so it was probably for the best that we, but mostly I leave. Athair always said that drunks were some of the most dangerous people around because their minds were muddled with alcohol. But Filia probably had no trouble with drunks. She was a gamine, after all.
"Happy tw gef y ffrind a bet yf help. Shal we be off?"
As I said this, I started walking out of the door of the tavern.
"So, y badrtendyh sed that the'a was yn en adrawnd hi'a. That's we'a Ai entend tw steu. Aff we gow, naw.
As I started walking down the street, I noticed that it still seemed dreary, but not quite as much. Perhaps this little town wasn't always as dreary as Athair described the streets of London, but I'd never been to somewhere as smoggy as London, so I wouldn't know for sure. I had always wondered what cities outside of Britain were like, though. Athair and Mama would always tell me stories about other places. Athair said that, before his family moved back to Wales, they lived in a small town called Maghery on the shores of a gigantic llyn called Loch nEathach.* Mama told me stories about Buytenwegh in the city of Zoetermeer. She said that, every year, her family would go out on holiday to the countryside. Everywhere, there were brightly coloured windmills with little fields of tulips growing near the crops. The Farmers' Pride and Joy she called them. One day, if I can ever find the money, I want to see the Netherlands, Ireland, and maybe Brittany to. They sound like such fascinating places. But I'm in Mason now. I'm here to search for something more important than experience. Mason is where I'll find out my origins. How I was as a tot. I wonder if any of the adults know...

"Happy to give a friend a bit of help. Shall we be off?"
"So, the bartender said that there was an inn around here. That's where I intend to stay. Off we go now."
*A gigantic lake called Lough Neagh

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse