NATION

PASSWORD

The Crossroads [Horror/Adventure|OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

The Crossroads [Horror/Adventure|OOC|Open]

Postby Anowa » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:26 pm

The Crossroads, the beginning and end of everything. In this plane the collection souls of countless creatures from every walk of life assemble. Good, bad, neutral, somewhere in between, they all come here if they are unlucky enough. The Crossroads are not Heaven, Paradise, or Nirvana, nor are they Hell, Hades, or Nifleheim... They are much worse.

An endless realm of constant motion, time has no meaning, nor does age. Every biological being that enters The Crossroads stops aging, but death is very much a possibility. A good majority of the things that leak through the inter-dimensional sieve are not friendly, nor are they sapient. Most of the time they'll overpower even the strongest of beings eventually. Ranging from undead corpses to the mind-numbingly invulnerable Combine, most want to kill you, reduce you to pulp, or eat you due to a lack of food in their hunting grounds.

The only option one has is to keep moving, find a collection of others to travel with, and hope that something too dangerous doesn't follow you...

>>IC<<

Welcome to The Crossroads, an RP that has your characters slogging through an endless journey of nightmare fuel and learning new things. From lowly thugs used to getting punched in the face by Batman, to a Space Marine in the service of the God-Emperor of Man, you all have a similar goal of survival. Dissension means death, and killing someone at the watering hole ruins it, half the RP is killing things, the other half is getting along with those who don't see things from your point of view.

Your character can arrive in any way that makes sense, Forerunner artifact, Nth degree warp fuckery, ancient magics, will of the Gods, etc. Just have it make sense for the universe your character comes from.

That being said, yes, your character can be an OC from whatever depths of your mind, or it can be from an already existing media or book series. Just be aware that I'll up the challenge to scale with the most powerful character. And some skill sets and equipment are indisposable should their holders die. Speaking of which, don't feel bad if your character does die, you can always make another.

Moving on:

You get three warnings, after which you are asked to leave. If you do not leave, we will get the mods involved.
These rules are not ranked based on importance, they all hold the same weight behind them.
My Co-Op(s) are: Ithalian Empire
  • 1. My word and my Co-Op's words are law. I also reserve the right to kill your character should you write them doing something that would result in their death.
  • 2. Don't be a dick.
  • 3. Poor spelling, grammar, and overall poor writing ARE grounds for application denial.
  • 4. No Godmodding/Meta-Gaming: This can be defined as playing your character without limitations or having your character know things they couldn't possibly know.
  • 5. No One Liners: Three full lines of text per each IC post, anything less is frowned upon and is generally laziness and will not be accepted.
  • 6. No multicolor or odd dialogue: No colored text, and no italicized/bolded/underlines paragraphs. Reserve them for actual use instead of using them for everything.
  • 7. If you have a problem with a player, take it to TG. If that does not work, bring it to the OP or a CoOP's attention. Do not turn the OOC thread into chaos.
  • 8. You have a 72 hour grace period to post if you're holding someone back, after that your character will be forced to move on by the OP or Co-Op. Failure to return will result in character death.
  • 9. Don't just write for yourself, other want to get involved as well. I realize it's human nature, but try to involve other people's ideas, themes, and characters. A major part in RPing is having other people, don't turn them away or cast a blind eye.
  • 10. No 'Dick measuring' contests: The moment two of you start arguing over which character is better, and it doesn't contribute to goings on in the IC. You'll both get a warning.
  • Relation of Magic: When casted in the Crossroads, all magic runs on perception. If someone perceives an entity to be Demonic, anti-demonic spells will still work. Same goes for spells affecting specific things like undead, or animals. The moment the caster begins to doubt whether or not their targets are demons/undead/animals/other or not is when the spells stop working.
Containing the known info on the various creatures encountered by the party. Requires a survived encounter and a small amount of study time for anything detailed.
  • Dentata: About the size of the average human teen, Dentata usually stick to dark locations, lacking eyes their sense of smell and hearing are many factors greater than the average human's. They emit a noxious gas similar to pepper spray, and CS Gas. They smell distinctly of ammonia, and in larger groups said smell can be detected over great distances.
  • Wargs: To put it simply, Wargs are a bigger, smarter, meaner, and more demonic version of a wolf, repulsed by fire and holy items and people, they tend not to attack unless they have the advantage in almost every case. Oh yeah, they can also turn invisible.
  • Necromorphs: An unkillable monster, no matter tha damage done to their body they will only stop when they are no longer capable of self locomotion. Headshots don't do anything, and body shots simply go clean through. Removing their limbs is the only way to keep them down permanently, sometimes they morph multiple bodies into a larger structure. God forbid you find one that regenerates or explodes when close to you.
  • Owlbear: Owl bears are... odd, to say the least. A girzzly bear with the head and eyesight of an owl is the only way to describe it. Ornery and fixated, they tend to attack anything that's bigger than a mouse, and won't factor in anything else but size and potential amount of food. And while they usually go it alone, packs of them aren't unheard of.
  • Xenomorphs: A notable example recognized by a fair many denizens of The Crossroads, the Xenomorph is a very dangerous opponent, geared with acidic blood, nano-adhesive hands and feet, and a capability to 'see' IR they are lethal if encountered alone. But that's not all, they are parasitic in nature. They incubate in whatever species they can lay eggs into. Ranging from humanoid to an already lethal Combine creatures.
  • Wraiths: Wraiths are incorporeal creatures born of evil and darkness. In some cases, the grim silhouette of a wraith might appear armored or outfitted with weapons. Wraiths are able to slowly drain one's soul and life force, and if it is fully drained, you are turned into a wraith in the control of the original wraith. Wraiths can physically attack someone at will, but when attacking, can be hit by physical attacks. Otherwise, magic or any other energy like it will be able to harm a wraith.
  • Combine: The most dangerous fauna anyone has bothered to record. Based on lexicon, almost anyone can identify them and tell stories based on any encounter they survive. You see, Combine are not simple creatures, they are combinations of multiple creatures based on circumstance. Most of the time they simply breed from Xenomorphs or other species with similar reproduction habits. But as time goes on they usally pick up other traits from parasites and magicks that inhabit The Crossroads.
DELETE ALL IN PERENTHESIS
Example Application:
Name: Elsa König
Species: Dhampir (Half-Vampire, Half-Human)
Species Traits and Weaknesses:
Strengths
  • High muscle density
  • Faster reaction time
  • Denser bones
  • Regeneration
  • Greater sense range and sensitivity
Weaknesses
  • Lack of blood ingestion once per week will result in ferality until next consumption.
  • Her eyes glow bright enough to be seen through the tinted glass of her BDU's helmet, making sneaking around rather difficult against observant things.
  • She has a severe allergic reaction to any garlic -even if she doesnt ingest it, being in the same room can have problems-, enough to physically hinder her, but not enough to outright kill her. The same could be said for salt water, but it usually only affects her when she ingests it or gets it in her eyes.
  • A bullet to the head will knock her down for a few hours as her vampiric nature slowly rebuilds the synapses in her brain. A wood bullet -if successfully fired- will kill her indefinitely. A silver bullet to the head will lead to a very hefty case of amnesia, and a very long stay in bed.
  • Her reflection makes her nauseous
Appearance: (Face) Elsa is slightly above average height at 5'9 (175 cm) and Vampirically heavy at 217 pounds (98 kg). She has an athletic build and a number of small scars across her form. As pictured she is also extraordinarily pale, and has black sclera and glowing orange irises, her canines are also notably long.
Time Period: Born in the Late Middle Ages.
Home Dimension: N/A, own creation
Skills: SS Training, Modern Special Forces training, instinct for CQC.
Equipment: P90, 12 Inch Combat knife, 'Dhampir' BDU.
Biography: Born to a Württemberg Noble and his Vampiric mistress in 1810, Elsa had an odd upbringing, being the only person in the castle with ornage eyes and black sclera nearly got her killed several times by the violently religious times. Her mother thought it best to take her daughter -at the behest of Elsa's father as well- to British North America specifically the far western territory of Oregon.

It was in the fledgling colony that Elsa and her mother grew up as hermits, occasionally riding to the nearest fort to trade furs and other amenities, and also to occasionally feed. On a winter eve in 1834 luck caught up with the woman, and a collection of trappers found out about her mother's heritage, as well as her own. Her mother purposefully got herself caught, was lashed to a cross, burned alive, and had a stake driven into her chest, all so Elsa could escape.

With no map and no compass, Elsa spent the next four years traveling across Canada towards the east coast, hoping to board a ship and get back to Württemberg where she would hopefully be able to reconnect with her father. Her plans were slightly hampered, in order to legally cross the Atlantic she needed an exorbitant amount of money, and she was currently in no capacity to have a job. So she did what she could, and started work at a brothel.

This job managed to pay her way through live for the next six years, while she had saved enough to finally pay her way across the Atlantic. She spent a few months travelling across France (currently fighting the Franco-Morrocan war), and into her homeland. She finally found her father, now an old man, and requested some form of help, the help came in a small inheritance, an old fort the man had as a winter retreat. It was here she lived, relatively unnoticed by the world, with a small amount of servants to keep her company for the next 16 years, until the Franco-Prussian War forced her hand, it was then she moved to Venice, where she began a much more peaceful life as a 'blind' seer. And although most of her predictions weren't true, she still made an attractive sum of money.

For the next thirty years she would travel Europe, staying just long enough that people would suspect of her heritage, but not long enough for them to act. All this while she was avoiding her impulses, trying to stave off the eventual rebound of her primal desire to drink the blood of a human being. She gave in by so little during the First World War. She spent a few months occasionally tasting the blood of dying Austro-Hungarian and Russian soldiers. When the war ended she nearly went mad, she wasn't able of feeding anymore, and had Germany not united under a single man's banner she would've been driven insane.

It was then Elsa was 'recruited' by the Schutztaffel and given the name Jäger. She was let loose on the Eastern Front yet again, it was there she inflicted a mass of casualties, and when she wasn't draining Soviets of their blood, she was given free reign in concentration camps. Over this time she started coming back to her senses, and the century long backlog of bloodlust finally ended, coming to her senses she'd realized what she did, right in the middle of a concentration camp, malnourished eyes staring at her black and bloodstained uniform. So she did what she could. Her escape started with half a dozen others, but a series of hostile encounters, exposure, and disease, the number dropped. In mid 1943 she crossed the English channel with a 'party' of a French POW that she found on the way to the channel, on board a Schnellboot, then she told the Allies what she saw. Her actions -though unwilling- still haunt her every waking moment to this day.

Not too long after the Second World War ended she was recruited by the US government as a CIA SAD-SOG operative, it was there she went through a very large number of operations that in one way or another helped her deal with her memories. Eventually she encountered something that she wasn't prepared for. An alter-dimensional portal in Siberia.

Guess where she ended up?

Now she's been wandering The Crossroads for a very long time. Scavenging, killing, and helping where she could. Now she's happened upon a group that could actually make it pretty far.
DO NOT REMOVE: 1775

Actual Application:
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b] (Human, Vampire, Werewolf, etc.)
[b]Species Traits and Weaknesses:[/b] (If applicable)
[i]Strengths[/i]
[list][*][/list]
[i]Weaknesses[/i]
[list][*][/list]
[b]Appearance:[/b]  ([spoiler][img]Image%20here[/img][/spoiler] or ([url=Image URL goes here]Image[/url]) Along with a brief physical description if the picture only includes the face.)
[b]Time Period:[/b] (what period of time are they from?)
[b]Home Dimension:[/b] (what media are they from?)
[b]Skills:[/b] (What sort of skills do they have?)
[b]Equipment:[/b] Don't worry about losing it , it's bound to your characters soul and will always be capable of being found.
[b]Biography:[/b] (What's their life story)
[b][i]DO NOT REMOVE: [u]1775[/u][/i][/b]

Creature application
Code: Select all
[b]Name/species:[/b]
[b]Size:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b] (pictures please)
[b]Home Dimension:[/b]
[b]Abilities:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[i]DO NOT REMOVE: 1812[/i]
Last edited by Anowa on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:18 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:26 pm

Reserved
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:49 pm

Will get an app out for my Stormsoul Genasi Storm Sorcerer later.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

App, WIP

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:10 pm

Name:Jacques Crane
Species: Human
Species Traits and Weaknesses: You know, just a regular ol' squishy meatbag who happens to have magical abilities.
Strengths
Weaknesses
Appearance: (
[img]Image%20here[/img]
or ([url=Image URL goes here]Image[/url]) Along with a brief physical description if the picture only includes the face.)
Time Period: Modern
Home Dimension: Media? A custom character I made.
Skills: (What sort of skills do they have?)
Equipment: Don't worry about losing it , it's bound to your characters soul and will always be capable of being found.
Biography: (What's their life story)
Last edited by The Irish County of the Beare-Mor on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

WaRtArIa
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:14 pm

I will make an app when I can.
Last edited by WaRtArIa on Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusia » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:17 pm

Tag

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:20 pm

I assume the spells would work in the same way for my character?

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:22 pm

Shadowwell wrote:I assume the spells would work in the same way for my character?

Yeah.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Name: Emere
Species: Stormsoul Genasi
Species Traits and Weaknesses: He has an inherent connections to Thunder and Lightning and Storms in general. This makes him resistant to Thunder and Lightning and strengthens his storm magic. When in the presence of storms his magic and his physical body become stronger. he is disdainful of humans and does not see them as trustworthy most of the time so he replies in kind.
Strengths
  • He is tougher and more resilient than one of his size normally would be
  • He is skilled in elemental magic, especially the elements present during storms.
  • He can sense when storms are near and can detect changes in wind and the weather, no mater how minute.
  • He can make storms stronger as they make him stronger.
  • He can control the wind around him to an extent, within 3 feet of himself it is greater outside of that he can do little more than make small breezes and gusts.
  • Storms do not affect him at all mentally, and he is actually stronger when in their presence.
Weaknesses
  • When he is around natural storms, especially those from the sea, he gets unreasonable and belligerent as well as becoming more rambunctious and unpredictable.
  • While he is skilled in magic, his spells have limits.
  • While hardier than many sorcerers he is weak strength wise though not an utter weakling.
  • His control of the wind requires much concentration and can be rather taxing.
  • Due to his relative newness his magic can be rather taxing on him.
Appearance:

Time Period: Fantasy Medieval
Home Dimension: Dungeons and Dragons (This rp)
Skills: He has passable swordsmanship and has much skill with nautical ventures.
Equipment: Light Leather armor, a short sword and an enchanted Cloak.
Biography: Unlike many Genasi that are born from unions between humans and Elementals, Emere was born between two Genasi parents. His elemental manifestation was that of storms. His family wasn’t part of a large group of Genasi they were simply travelers who met and eventually settled in a village. When he was around the age of 11 it was learned that he was a sorcerer, a Wielder of the Arcane, and coincidentally enough it was loosely tied to his manifestation. He was a Storm Sorcerer, it tied in well with his inherent racial abilities.

When he was around 15 the place he lived was attacked by a large group of Bandits, his parents were heavily injured. Luckily some Adventurers came along and the bandits were killed, though they were too late to save his father, and his mother was almost crippled, due to what was done to her. His mother died shortly afterwards and he was taken in by one of the Adventurers. He traveled with them for a couple of years, learning how to fight with magic, and to survive. It was not to last though as the Adventurers eventually fell on hard times. They tried to kill him, as he kept most of his money, and didn't spend much. While he didn't expect it, it didn’t surprise him, because he only trusted one of the Adventurers, but she had died a few months prior, when the group stupidly tried to clear out a nest of Dragons.

He fought and killed a few of them, the others died when they tried to follow him into a storm. He was later found by a merchant ship, that he rode on for a bit. He would travel as part of the crew for many ships, but would leave after a short time. He eventually would ,later on in his life choose to move to the Sword Coast to be closer to the conditions for storms to brew, as well as for a chance to be on ships.

He lived there for a couple years before eventually settling in Neverwinter and it was there that he became relatively known for being able to seemingly predict when storms were going to hit. It was this ability that initially caught the eye of the Captain of the Drakes Dream. He was recruited onto the ship as a Storm Watchman. He has only been on the ship for a short while but he made close friends with some of the crew, more so the members of his own race, as well as some others of the crew. he was closest to his Captain, and Vesaan Kevril, both Genasi. He stayed with the crew and it was a nice life that he lived, though sadly, it was not to last.

On the night the Neverwinter Privateer fleet was all but massacred he like many of his crewmates had been in town. He had started to head back to his ship when it started, he got swarmed by a few guards and was able to fight them off as he made his way to his ship. After they left the Harbor they appeared to b free and clear, but neither he nor his companion new other challenges would come.

Original App for Reference
Last edited by Shadowwell on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007

Postby Brusia » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:41 pm

Finished my app:

Name: Marcus Antilles

Species: Force-sensitive Human

Strengths
  • Force-sensitive - Able to manipulate the Force to move objects, trick the weak minded, comprehend languages, etc.
  • Jedi Guardian - Well trained in the use of the lightsaber
  • Experienced fighter - Decades of leading troops into battle have given Marcus a solid grasp of military tactics and strategy

Weaknesses
  • Only human - Despite his ability to use the Force, he's still only a human and as such things like being shot, blown up, set on fire, or eaten will kill him dead.
  • Adherent of the Light Side - As an adherent of the light side of the Force, Marcus' devotion to serenity, harmony, and helping others even at great personal cost will do little to help him survive in the cold, dark land of the Crossroads

Appearance: In combat armor , Out of armor

Time Period: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Home Dimension: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Skills: Very proficient in the lightsaber forms Makashi and Soresu, and is able to use the usual assortment of light-side Force powers such as Force push, Force barrier, Force jump, Force heal, Comprehend speech, etc. He also has considerable experience leading soldiers into battle, and has basic training in diplomacy and piloting.

Equipment: Lightsaber, Beskar armor, food and water

Biography: Marcus Antilles was born on the planet of Alderaan, but was taken by the Jedi at a young age when it was discovered that he was Force-sensitive. He grew up in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, studying the ways of the Jedi. Marcus was 10 years old when the Sith made their return to the known Galaxy and kicked off the Great Galactic War, and by the age of 11 he was chosen to be the Padawan of a Kel-Dor Jedi Master whose previous Padawan had been killed in battle. A Jedi Guardian, Marcus spent much of his time fighting alongside his Master on battlefields throughout the Galaxy, and he proved to become a talented warrior. At the age of 21, Marcus passed the Jedi Trials and was made a Knight of the Order, and in his new position learned a great deal about leadership.

The War continued for 17 long years until the Sith Empire sued for peace after sacking Coruscant and destroying the Jedi Temple there. Marcus' Master was one of many who were killed in the attack, and a short time later Marcus was given the title of Jedi Master to succeed him. Marcus spent the next year patrolling around Republic space helping to keep the peace, settle disputes, and occasionally combat Imperial forces in Republic space who were violating the Treaty of Coruscant. It was during one such patrol that Marcus' ship encountered an unknown spatial anomaly; when he attempted to engage his hyperdrive it created a rift in space-time and transported him into a new dimension unlike anything he'd ever seen: the Crossroads.

Upon entering the Crossroads Marcus' ship's reactor went offline, and the Jedi could do nothing as his vessel crashed into the surface. Unable to repair the ship without replacement parts, Marcus donned his armor, collected some food and water from his ship's supply store, and is now about to set off into this strange and unfamiliar land...

Last edited by Brusia on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:10 am

I'll probably swing on by sometime later.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:53 am

Name: Alex Hunter
Species Traits and Weaknesses: Normal human.
Strengths
  • The ability to improvise weapons along the way.
  • He knows his way around duck tape, welders, and grinders, angle or otherwise.
  • Has a knowledge of hand to hand combat and ranged combat.
  • Forbidden knowledge
Weaknesses
  • He's a squishy human
  • Is slightly unhinged from forbidden
Appearance:
His coat. He has the body of a man who has worked is entire life, lean and strong with rough skin and hard clasus on his hands from days turning a wrench of using a lathe.
Home Dimension: The Literary works of HP Lovecraft.
Skills: Alex is a machinist, able to turn blocks of metal into useful tools, he is farily good at hand to hand combat and above average with firearms.
Equipment:This thing 1887 Lever Action Swaed off shtogun Machete Duck Tap
Biography:
Alex Hunter was born on the city of Arkham, an ancient port town in Massechusits. Living in a city of unumbered mysteries and untold decay left on impression on the young Alex. He lived in the old city for most of his early child hood and up till his teen years. His life changed when he was thirteen.

Fear lived in the city. A killer stalked its streets, killing it victimis in horrid way that baffled all the cities police and the FBI. In this environment Alex's parents decided that it was not an environment in which they wanted to raise their family. They moved to Alex's uncles home in the country outside of Arkham.

Ales's uncle was a strange person who studied strange thing. Explored dark avenues of forbidden knowledge, he studied arcane books at the Miskatonic University and spent many a long night writing in his journals. Eventually Alex left home and sought a life of his own.

For a while he lived rough in the streets of Boston, learning how to fight with his hands as well as his head. He then spent some time as a security guard and bouncer at clubs, honing his skill with hand fighting and with firearms. After that he went and learned to study to be a machinist. He spent the next few years of his life working at his trade.

Then came the news that his uncle had meet a strange a grisly end. Found at the bottom of his stars with the skin ripped of his flesh. Alex was the inheritor of his estate. While looking through the asserted notes of his uncle he found terrible paths of terrible knowledge. Cults and terrible eldritch abominations, and amongst the notes that hinted at the terrible reality of the universe he found a book.

It was, like most of his uncles notes and journals was on deep forbidden knowledge. Alex read it out of a morbid sense of curiosity, and his mind frayed. Such knowledge was not meant for mortal minds to read in full, and he read only a bit of it. He saw venues of reality that are better left untouched.

When he became aware of the world it was different. There was a unfamiliarity that permeated everything. The sky was wrong, the trees were off, the smell of the air and soil was all wrong. He was no longer home. He journeyed across this strange mix of different realities and universes, improvising weapons and building things as he needed them to deal with the terrible things he encountered, and all the while the terrible knowledge that had frayed his mind was with him, in his head and in the book he carried. He has used the knowledge he knows to enchant his weapons to harm things that would normaly be immune to physical weapons.

Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:57 am

Brusia wrote:Finished my app:

Name: Marcus Antilles

Species: Force-sensitive Human

Strengths
  • Force-sensitive - Able to manipulate the Force to move objects, trick the weak minded, comprehend languages, etc.
  • Jedi Guardian - Well trained in the use of the lightsaber
  • Experienced fighter - Decades of leading troops into battle have given Marcus a solid grasp of military tactics and strategy

Weaknesses
  • Only human - Despite his ability to use the Force, he's still only a human and as such things like being shot, blown up, set on fire, or eaten will kill him dead.
  • Adherent of the Light Side - As an adherent of the light side of the Force, Marcus' devotion to serenity, harmony, and helping others even at great personal cost will do little to help him survive in the cold, dark land of the Crossroads

Appearance: In combat armor , Out of armor

Time Period: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Home Dimension: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Skills: Very proficient in the lightsaber forms Makashi and Soresu, and is able to use the usual assortment of light-side Force powers such as Force push, Force barrier, Force jump, Force heal, Comprehend speech, etc. He also has considerable experience leading soldiers into battle, and has basic training in diplomacy and piloting.

Equipment: Lightsaber, Beskar armor, food and water

Biography: Marcus Antilles was born on the planet of Alderaan, but was taken by the Jedi at a young age when it was discovered that he was Force-sensitive. He grew up in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, studying the ways of the Jedi. Marcus was 10 years old when the Sith made their return to the known Galaxy and kicked off the Great Galactic War, and by the age of 11 he was chosen to be the Padawan of a Kel-Dor Jedi Master whose previous Padawan had been killed in battle. A Jedi Guardian, Marcus spent much of his time fighting alongside his Master on battlefields throughout the Galaxy, and he proved to become a talented warrior. At the age of 21, Marcus passed the Jedi Trials and was made a Knight of the Order, and in his new position learned a great deal about leadership.

The War continued for 17 long years until the Sith Empire sued for peace after sacking Coruscant and destroying the Jedi Temple there. Marcus' Master was one of many who were killed in the attack, and a short time later Marcus was given the title of Jedi Master to succeed him. Marcus spent the next year patrolling around Republic space helping to keep the peace, settle disputes, and occasionally combat Imperial forces in Republic space who were violating the Treaty of Coruscant. It was during one such patrol that Marcus' ship encountered an unknown spatial anomaly; when he attempted to engage his hyperdrive it created a rift in space-time and transported him into a new dimension unlike anything he'd ever seen: the Crossroads.

Upon entering the Crossroads Marcus' ship's reactor went offline, and the Jedi could do nothing as his vessel crashed into the surface. Unable to repair the ship without replacement parts, Marcus donned his armor, collected some food and water from his ship's supply store, and is now about to set off into this strange and unfamiliar land...

Ithalian Empire wrote:Name: Alex Hunter
Species Traits and Weaknesses: Normal human.
Strengths
  • The ability to improvise weapons along the way.
  • He knows his way around duck tape, welders, and grinders, angle or otherwise.
  • Has a knowledge of hand to hand combat and ranged combat.
  • Forbidden knowledge
Weaknesses
  • He's a squishy human
  • Is slightly unhinged from forbidden
Appearance: His coat. He has the body of a man who has worked is entire life, lean and strong with rough skin and hard clasus on his hands from days turning a wrench of using a lathe.
Home Dimension: The Literary works of HP Lovecraft.
Skills: Alex is a machinist, able to turn blocks of metal into useful tools, he is farily good at hand to hand combat and above average with firearms.
Equipment:This thing 1887 Lever Action Swaed off shtogun Machete Duck Tap
Biography:
Alex Hunter was born on the city of Arkham, an ancient port town in Massechusits. Living in a city of unumbered mysteries and untold decay left on impression on the young Alex. He lived in the old city for most of his early child hood and up till his teen years. His life changed when he was thirteen.

Fear lived in the city. A killer stalked its streets, killing it victimis in horrid way that baffled all the cities police and the FBI. In this environment Alex's parents decided that it was not an environment in which they wanted to raise their family. They moved to Alex's uncles home in the country outside of Arkham.

Ales's uncle was a strange person who studied strange thing. Explored dark avenues of forbidden knowledge, he studied arcane books at the Miskatonic University and spent many a long night writing in his journals. Eventually Alex left home and sought a life of his own.

For a while he lived rough in the streets of Boston, learning how to fight with his hands as well as his head. He then spent some time as a security guard and bouncer at clubs, honing his skill with hand fighting and with firearms. After that he went and learned to study to be a machinist. He spent the next few years of his life working at his trade.

Then came the news that his uncle had meet a strange a grisly end. Found at the bottom of his stars with the skin ripped of his flesh. Alex was the inheritor of his estate. While looking through the asserted notes of his uncle he found terrible paths of terrible knowledge. Cults and terrible eldritch abominations, and amongst the notes that hinted at the terrible reality of the universe he found a book.

It was, like most of his uncles notes and journals was on deep forbidden knowledge. Alex read it out of a morbid sense of curiosity, and his mind frayed. Such knowledge was not meant for mortal minds to read in full, and he read only a bit of it. He saw venues of reality that are better left untouched.

When he became aware of the world it was different. There was a unfamiliarity that permeated everything. The sky was wrong, the trees were off, the smell of the air and soil was all wrong. He was no longer home. He journeyed across this strange mix of different realities and universes, improvising weapons and building things as he needed them to deal with the terrible things he encountered, and all the while the terrible knowledge that had frayed his mind was with him, in his head and in the book he carried. He has used the knowledge he knows to enchant his weapons to harm things that would normaly be immune to physical weapons.

Both Accepted.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:13 am

Tomorrow, most likely an app.

If not, Tuesday.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

WaRtArIa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:12 am

Done!

Name: Valyrius
Gender: Ambiguous (to make things easier,Valyrius will use male pronouns, as “he” can be used as a gender-neutral pronoun and still be grammatically correct.)
Species: High Elf
Species Traits and Weaknesses: High Elves are the original subspecies of elf. High Elves are ambiguously-gendered long-lived beings that average 5 feet tall and typically weigh just over 100 pounds. Possessing pointed ears and various hair and eye colors, elves wish to be fashionable and diverse, thus wear colorful cloaks. They are typically polygots; they speak Elven and Common, and sometimes they have some basic knowledge of Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, or Goblin. They are very dextrous and nimble, but have a rather low endurance. Immune to sleeping spells and effects, high elves also show some resistance against enchantment spells. They possess low-light vision and are very observational. Despite all their bonuses, elves are haughty, showy, and arrogant. Their physical strength is weaker, but their arcane strength is stronger in return.
Strengths:
  • Is a 9th level wizard who knows many powerful spells, but certainly not every spell.
  • Very intelligent, and also has intelligence as his highest stat.
  • Wields the uncommon power of common sense.
  • Has an annoying soul-bound raven (Ronan) familiar who can speak Common and relay messages.
  • Wears a Ring of Leaping and thus can jump five feet high (without taking any fall damage.)
  • Can teleport once a day to an area within 10 miles.
Weaknesses:
  • Bears a heavy Strength penalty, and is barely able to lift fifteen-pound rocks (assuming that he does not use Mage Hand, which helps him lift an extra five pounds.)
  • Blind in left eye.
  • Has no knowledge in usage of any weapon besides the bow and arrow, the dagger, and the bo staff.
  • Arrogant, haughty, condescending, and self-centered; often underestimates the other opponent.
  • When not underestimating the other opponent, often uses overkill attacks, wasting spell slots and tiring himself out.
  • Bears a weak endurance, and can run for two miles at best.
  • Despite being able to multiclass if he wishes, Valyrius will not use most if any clerical spells, preferring to use only arcane magic (“true magic, as clerical spells are not true spells.”)
  • Due to wearing a colorful cloak, cannot easily camoflage without wasting his sole invisibility spell.
  • Has oddly weak shield spells.
  • If you can’t tell, he’s obviously a squishy wizard.
Appearance:

Time Period: 1920s, but the technology depends on the continent he is on. There was once a small town he visited with steampunk elements. However, most towns use catapults, prayers, carriages and the ilk.
Home Dimension: Dungeons and Dragons
Skills: Immunity to sleeping spells, has summoning of an animal familiar, can see in the dark, is very nimble and quick, and wields a dagger and bow staff.
Equipment: A gold-hemmed emerald green cloak, a canister of water, a rations bar, a 12 inch dagger, mysterious runes, Satchel of Holding, a wizard’s spellbook, 110 gp
Biography:

Adopted by gray elves in the strange city of Nalondelle, Valyrius and his sibling Cortanya hailed from a long line of sorcerers known for their natural affinity for magic. Although Cortanya had her sights set on becoming a sorcerer like the rest of her brethren, Valyrius had other sights on his mind. Valyrius’s manifestation of wizardly talent, opposed to blood-based sorcery, caused him to hide those talents at a young age, as he was afraid of being an outcast or a reject. He then disguised them as sorcery to the best of his ability until he could explore the local communities and go become an apprentice. Someday, after that, there will be a time where he’ll even get his own main quest.

Valyrius went to a local dwarven grade school (the closest school nearby), which oddly enough, had every single grade in it (from elementary school to high school.) Due to Valyrius having a weaker physical condition, and due to him not being proficient in weaponry, Valyrius did only average-level work; there were no wizardry classes, and he was unable to choose the cleric class or the bard class. He was forced to take the rogue class, which was rather frowned upon due to 90% of the students being delinquents and thieves. On the second day of school, Valyrius had made a friend. Her name was Jawulyn, and she was a dwarf studying to become a cleric of Thor. Over time, they became wonderful friends, and Valyrius even developed a crush on her. Sadly, when he finally wracked up the courage to ask her out, she was already dating someone. Spiteful and disappointed, Valyrius often harassed Jawulyn’s date with eloquent insults and subtle innuendos, but only when Jawulyn wasn’t wound. His parents disapproved of his feelings, as they wanted him to marry to a polite and powerful sorceress--not some silly dwarf cleric. Anyways, for the most part, Valyrius was a quiet and unnoticed loner, as he never bothered openly interacting with anyone else. There were no bullies, no exciting events, no nothing. He simply graduated grade school and went on to Arcane College, as was originally intended.

Being only fifty-five years old, which was very young for an elf or a gnome or a dwarf, Valyrius attended the prestigous Arcana University of Nalondelle. It was an entire new world for Valyrius, who simply thought that he would be that person secluded in his dorm room, reading boring books, and eating instant food (The staff teleport less-than-average quality food to your room! Convenient and cheap!) Valyrius got invited to parties frequently. Valyrius went to the tavern with his drinking buddies and drowned his nonexistent sorrows. Well, at least he had fun and got good grades and all.

Finally, after completing the courses of Arcana University, Valyrius became an apprentice to his pibling Valkyria for another fifty years. Valkyria, true to common word, was an excellent master. Due to him being loyal to his kin, he did not betray the open secret of Valyrius being a wizard, as he never thought it detrimental in any way. In fact, he was a multiclassing wizard/sorcerer himself. He taught Valyrius various survival skills, useful spells, cunning cantrips, and clever quips. Valkyria and Valyrius sometimes went on side-quests so that Valyrius could learn the basics, and certainly, he did more than learn the basics. Despite often going outside, Valyrius was a rather isolated person, who usually stayed at the library to read about runes, curses, potions, and charms. Concerned, his master Valkyria sent him out on his own, so that he could socialize and interact more.

Valyrius took the first hour of that wonderful free time to go to a library. Bored, he then went to a tavern. His moanings and ravings consisted of very relatable but still unintelligble and uneloquent phrases.

“Why do I need to have a stupid team?”
“Why can’t I just go settle down?”
“Why don’t I have a gender?”
“Why does 4e suck so much?!”

When Valyrius woke up from his drunken stupor, for some reason, he was in an inn. Valyrius was extremely disoriented, and when he saw the four people surrounding him, he started shooting magic missiles at them in the midst of his panicking. Surprised and a bit angry, the four restrained him, and attempted to introduce themselves—it turned out that they were the members of the party he joined while he was drunk.

“I am Ralph Redblade. I am a fighter, and more importantly, the leader of this team.”
“I’m Riley Rhinestone, the rogue of this team.”
“I be Drulnok Thunderhand, the cleric of this ol’ team. Who may ye be?”
“Hi there, Mister Wizard! I’m Nale Redblade! I’m a bard, you see! I think you met my grumpy brother Ralph already!”

Valyrius reluctantly introduced himself, wary of the strange group. “I am named Valyrius. My class is a wizard and like the rest of you, I hail from Nalondelle.”

It had been fifty years ever since they had all slain the Black Dragon. Meanwhile, Valyrius was testing the new rune that he had created. He had to pour a series of solutions on it for it to activate. Suddenly, as Valyrius was preparing the final step for the final solution, something went wrong. The portal he had created exploded, and Valyrius, sucked inside, was trapped. You can almost imagine his horror when Valyrius learned that he was to be trapped in another world, forever fighting with overwhelming enemies and with all his family lost.

Last edited by WaRtArIa on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:47 am

Wartaria wrote:A WIP.

Gender: Ambiguous (to make things easier,Valyrius will use male pronouns, as “he” can be used as a gender-neutral pronoun and still be grammatically correct.)
Species Traits and Weaknesses: High Elves are the original subspecies of elf. High Elves are ambiguously-gendered long-lived beings that average 5 feet tall and typically weigh just over 100 pounds. Possessing pointed ears and various hair and eye colors, elves wish to be fashionable and diverse, thus wear colorful cloaks. They are typically polygots; they speak Elven and Common, and sometimes they have some basic knowledge of Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, or Goblin. They are very dextrous and nimble, but have a rather low endurance. Immune to sleeping spells and effects, high elves also show some resistance against enchantment spells. They possess low-light vision and are very observational. Despite all their bonuses, elves are haughty, showy, and arrogant. Their physical strength is weaker, but their arcane strength is stronger in return.
Strengths:
  • Is a 7th level wizard who knows many powerful spells, but certainly not every spell.
  • Has an annoying soul-bound raven (Ronan) familiar who can speak Common and relay messages.
  • Cannot be directly injured from arrows.
  • Wears a Ring of Leaping and thus can jump five feet high (without taking any fall damage.)
  • Possesses the spell Prismatic Spray, which is rather strong no matter what his dice roll is.
Weaknesses:
  • Bears a heavy Strength penalty, and is barely able to lift fifteen-pound rocks (assuming that he does not use Mage Hand, which helps him lift an extra five pounds.)
  • Blind in left eye.
  • Has no knowledge in usage of any weapon besides the bow and arrow, the dagger, the bo staff, and the rapier.
  • Arrogant, haughty, condescending, and self-centered; often underestimates the other opponent.
  • When not underestimating the other opponent, often uses overkill attacks, wasting spell slots and tiring himself out.
  • Despite being able to multiclass if he wishes, Valyrius will not use most if any clerical spells, preferring to use only arcane magic (“true magic, as clerical spells are not true spells.”)
  • Due to wearing a colorful cloak, cannot easily camoflage without wasting his sole invisibility spell.
Appearance:
Time Period: 1920s, but the technology depends on the continent he is on. There was once a small town he visited with steampunk elements. However, most towns use catapults, prayers, carriages and the ilk.
Skills: Immunity to damage by arrows, summoning of an animal familiar, can see
Equipment: Gold-hemmed emerald green cloak, 12 inch dagger, Satchel of Holding, wizard’s spellbook, 110 gp
Biography: [REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATIVE REQUEST]

Is this done? Because [REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATIVE REQUEST] isn't a bio.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

WaRtArIa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:55 am

Anowa wrote:
Wartaria wrote:A WIP.

Strengths:
  • Is a 7th level wizard who knows many powerful spells, but certainly not every spell.
  • Cannot be directly injured from arrows.
  • Possesses the spell Prismatic Spray, which is rather strong no matter what his dice roll is.
Weaknesses:
  • Blind in left eye.
  • Has no knowledge in usage of any weapon besides the bow and arrow, the dagger, the bo staff, and the rapier.
Appearance:
Skills: Immunity to damage by arrows, summoning of an animal familiar, can see
Equipment: Gold-hemmed emerald green cloak, 12 inch dagger, Satchel of Holding, wizard’s spellbook, 110 gp
Biography: [REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATIVE REQUEST]

Is this done? Because [REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATIVE REQUEST] isn't a bio.

The app's a WIP, as I stated earlier in the post. I know it's not a bio. That's just a placeholder until I can finish it up.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:56 am

Wartaria wrote:
Anowa wrote:Is this done? Because [REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATIVE REQUEST] isn't a bio.

The app's a WIP, as I stated earlier in the post. I know it's not a bio. That's just a placeholder until I can finish it up.

Right, completely missed that. Carry on.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

WaRtArIa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:58 am

Anowa wrote:
Wartaria wrote:The app's a WIP, as I stated earlier in the post. I know it's not a bio. That's just a placeholder until I can finish it up.

Right, completely missed that. Carry on.

*thinks of generic mage tournament*

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:10 pm

If i make my DnD character be at the level he was at in his original world could he grow along the course of the rp?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:11 pm

Shadowwell wrote:If i make my DnD character be at the level he was at in his original world could he grow along the course of the rp?

Sure. Experience is experience, regardless of plane of existence.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:21 pm

Anowa wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:If i make my DnD character be at the level he was at in his original world could he grow along the course of the rp?

Sure. Experience is experience, regardless of plane of existence.

Ok, do you want me to list his spells or just generalise his abilities for the world?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Anowa wrote:Sure. Experience is experience, regardless of plane of existence.

Ok, do you want me to list his spells or just generalise his abilities for the world?

I'm fine with generalization, but if you want, than you can give me a list.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:02 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting, very interesting.
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:36 pm

Hmm. I'll need a few days to finish my app, done by Saturday, if that isn't too far.

Have to work around school, family fun time, tests are coming up.

I should be more active next week.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse