NATION

PASSWORD

Halo: Trepidation [Halo|Sci-Fi|AU|Closed|IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Second Helghan Empire
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Helghan Empire » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:29 pm

Cadet Lukas-041
Epsilon Eridani, Reach, Military Reservation 01478-B
24/09/2517, 1045 Hours

Lukas grimaced at the poorly named 'Playground'. Gilbert had made a good point with the thwarting other teams part. Ingrid had made an important observation of the ladder, which undoubtedly was their route to success. He kicked at some dirt and remembered swimming with his dad at home.

"The Strongest swimmer should be last. That might be me. They should be last to keep the others from catching our team. My name is Lukas. I should go last, everyone else go for the ladder and I will keep as many away from you as I can, then after you ring it yell to me and I will come."

Lukas held up a pointer finger like his dad pointing to his right eye. The little signal his dad had given him when he had an idea.

"Well wait he didn't say after you ring it you can't jump back in. Right? What stops us from doing that?"
Well now, that hibernation has gotten boring, daddy is back again.

Newrey
Envoy

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Newrey » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:47 am

Anowa wrote:...

Cadet Johan-142
24/09/2517, 1045 Hours

Johan followed Ingrids' gaze to the narrow ladder. It certainly didn't look far away, but then again Johan was never good at measuring distances. A pang of uncertainty rang out inside of Johan. While he had only just met, for lack of a better word, Mobuto, having a ladder placed with a path, however unsafe, leading straight to the bell seemed too good to be true.

"I see the ladder, but it seems a tad bit convenient, doesn't it?" he said, speaking up

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:51 pm

Susanna looked up at the three boys who talked next. Some of them seemed to flicker over the others with sympathy, before eventually the children all turned to the “Playground.” A delightful little obstacle course, and certainly one that shouldn't be used for six year olds. Yet, here they were, overlooking the death trap that awaited them. Baburin asked them if they could swim, and Susanna nodded. She took notice of the eagerity of Rory, and Hatman also said it so. Susanna only nodded, looking down at the murky pool.

The ladder just across looked promising, but visions of falling off, back first danced in Susanna’s head. She knew she wasn't strong enough to drag anybody across the pool, but some of these more athletic children could. She looked at Rory, and then at Rory’s footwear. “We could… some of us could carry the others over. We could… swim out, with, with them doing a piggyback.”
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:14 pm

Cadet Gillian-013
23/09/2017

“You can all see that ladder over there, right?” Ingrid-045 asked soon after introductions.

It took Gillian a few moments to find said ladder but eventually she caught sight of it hidden partially on the side of the “Playground”, going up twenty-some feet to a staggered set of poles and, beyond that, to a platform with a narrow beam connecting the top to the bell pole. The redheaded girl attempted to assess just how difficult it would be to navigate the obstacle course but wasn’t too optimistic. 214 was the first to speak after spotting the ladder. Lukas-041 and 142 followed quickly after, the former brainstorming aloud and the latter voicing some concern.

“We just can’t be last,” Gillian corrected after hearing 214’s wrongful misinterpretation of the Staff Sergeant’s directions. Only the last team to reach the bell would go hungry, so there was no need to be overtly aggressive but neither should they wait around. The girl fidgeted a bit before saying the next part. “I… can’t swim.”

Second Base, Gillian’s now distant homeworld, was primarily agrarian and with few major bodies of water, at least near where she lived. Knowing how to swim wasn’t a necessity for those in the countryside as groundwater supported the various communities as opposed to above ground lakes, rivers, or reservoirs. There was a dry creek bed that flowed whenever it rained particularly hard but never enough to reach past Gillian’s waist. Swimming was just something that never really matter back home. Of course the girl was now at a severe disadvantage when faced with water deeper than her head for the first time. Having no prior experience Gillian could only assume that drowning was rather unpleasant and wasn’t too keen to jump in if she could at all avoid it.

But neither did she want to be the one to drag her team down with her.

“I’ll help if I can,” she added with some confidence in her voice, though the fidgeting betrayed her nervousness. She wouldn’t forgive herself if she ruined it for everyone.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Second Helghan Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Second Helghan Empire » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:13 am

Cadet Lukas-041
23/09/2017

Lukas listened to the girl Gillian-013 speak. He was surprised when she said she couldn't swim, but he immediately tried to think of a way to make that not matter. He couldn't think of anything. He almost got angry, but then realized they would need a different idea than what he had thought of.

"Well then what if I help you. I can swim well and you can hold on to my back and kick until we get to the ladder. That means we can't leave someone behind to block other teams unless someone else is willing. It might be good to just go for it."

He patted Gillian on the shoulder to reassure her it wasn't a big deal that she couldn't swim. It most likely was a very big deal but she and the others were on his team, as they had been told earlier. They were his new family. He would do whatever needed to try and get them through together. Like his dad had taught him. Family takes care of family no matter what.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:28 pm

Cadet Ingrid-045
24/09/2517, 1045 Hours

Ingrid nodded at Johan's declaration, It did seem too easy, then again a tight beam forty feet above rather dirty looking water seemed a little more difficult than perceived. With the added bad news of Gillian being unable to swim... well unable wouldn't be the best word, literal toddlers could swim, it was instinctual, but so was the fear of drowning.

She gave the fellow redhead an encouraging smile before Rudolph spoke up behind them, "It seems we aren't the only ones to have noticed it." Ingrid turned to look at him, before following his view.

Another group had in fact noticed the ladder given the pointed glances they were giving it. "That's not good."

She noticed Rudolph leaning over to pick something up. She noticed a decently sized and jagged rock in his hand. Her eyes widened, yet she said nothing, instead her eyes looking over to Mobuto. The man was glancing between the sun and his watch.... Something in Ingrid' mind clicked, and she took a step closer to the pool. Mobuto's eyes snapped up and locked with hers, before glancing down at his watch, and back up to her. The shadow of a grin on his face. Ingrid took another slow step, and none of the instructors said a thing.

With a small grin she looked over at her group expectantly. Mobuto never said the exercise hadn't started already. And with a head start of even a few seconds than she could make sure that anyone who couldn't swim on her team would get the help they needed.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Cressageland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cressageland » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:53 pm

Cadet Kennan-032
24/09/2517, 1045 Hours

Rory listened to Susannas idea closely. It was a major issue that not all of them would be strong enough to persist on the climb, at least at a hurry. It was here that Rory had an idea.

"we all have to get to the bell, but he didn't say at the same time. When the excersise starts, Why don't some of the less confident ones stop other teams from getting up the ladder, whilst the more confident ones go and find the best way up. Once they're up, if any of you slip into the water we can jump in and get you."

He looked around, waiting for a response

Second Helghan Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Second Helghan Empire » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:12 pm

Cadet Lukas-041
24/09/2517, 1045 Hour

It was official, Ingrid had to be a genius. Lukas had watched as she crept forward with a fearful look waiting for Mobuto to pounce. As she turned and with her grin Lukas understood exactly. Turning in close to the group and taking 13's hand Lukas whispered what he was sure Ingrid was thinking.

"It's already started, we need to go now, Follow Ingrid." He turned to 13. "Stay with me and just hold onto my uniform and kick when we hit the water"

He started tugging at her hand slowly stepping toward where Ingrid stood.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:03 pm

Cadet Gillian-013
23/09/2017

Gillian felt like the weakest of her peers and had been afraid of dragging her team down with her, quite literally given the sinister pool awaiting them, but Lukas-041 was quick to offer his help in crossing the water, something that the girl was grateful for. The boy even went so far as to pat her shoulder in a reassuring manner. Gillian, for her part, continued to fidget but meekly nodded in thanks eyes cast down.

As this little exchange was happening Ingrid-045 took notice of the other teams of children eyeing the ladder. There was a quick glance to the Staff Sergeant before the girl hurriedly turned back to face Gillian and the others, looking as if a lightbulb had been lit over her head.

Lukas-041 was the first to understand but Gillian quickly caught on.

No one else had moved yet. A head start, no matter how small, could mean all the difference between a full stomach and going hungry for the night.

"Follow Ingrid." That was what Lukas-041 had said before taking Gillian’s hand and gently tugging her along. The girl was momentarily caught off guard but soon fell in step with the boy, not looking back to see if the others in their team had done so as well. Gillian steeled herself, not exactly happy about the possibility of drowning, but neither was she willing to stop now - not that the Staff Sergeant would allow her. Regardless, the redheaded girl had already made it this far today. That in of itself was impressive all things considered. By comparison the "Playground" would be easy, right?

There was only one way to find out.

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:53 pm

Cadet Gilbert-214
24/09/2517, 1045 Hours

Gil notice Ingrid creep closer to the line, and at first he didn't get it, but when other members of his team started to creep forward as well, he soon realized what was going on. Nonchalantly, Gil began to nudge the remaining people on his team towards Ingrid. "Start moving towards Ingred." That was the only thing he said, before glancing back at the other teams. He didn't care about them, to him, they were just another means of survival. "Keep them down and keep my team up, that's how this is going to work." He walked up to Ingrid. "I don't know if you noticed, but Mobuto didn't lay down any rules of this, which means, we can play this dirty if you want." But that means the other teams will play just as if not even more dirty. He thought, glancing at the other teams. I just hope we survive this long enough to enjoy our victory.
Last edited by New Antonalia on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
A, probably less than successful, model of what a Post Soviet Eastern European nation can be

Pixel Designer: https://thearmsdealer.deviantart.com/

Yes, I use JG Scale. No, Franscale is not better.
1 pxl : 1 inch is better than 1 pxl : 1 cm

Newrey
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Newrey » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:03 pm

Cadet Johan-142
24/09/2517, 1045 Hours

Watching the group slowly edge closer to the water, then being herded along with them as well, Johan still had not the faintest idea what they were planning. They all seemed to look at Mobuto, who was looking at his watch, and then back at the ladder. It was as if they expected this hastily put together team was capable of cooperating with almost no communication, verbal or physical! Of course, there was still the other team. Looking over, they seemed to busy talking with one another about strategy, which Johan would've preferred to have happened with his one.

"Uh, I have a question" he said, his voice quiet "What is it we're doing? Everyone seems to have the same idea except for me"

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:46 pm

Cadet Ingrid-045
24/09/2517, 1045 Hours

Ingrid looked back at everyone a small smile on her face. It was good feeling to figure something like that out, even more so that people had enough confidence in her to follow. And as Johan posed his question a bit hesitantly, and Ingrid smiled a bit larger. She lookd at him and spoke, "The Staff Sergeant already said 'Go'."

With that said, she lead anyone into the water, the sound of water being shoved out of the way as she waded in, end eventually began swimming towards the ladder. There was no doubt in her mind that the other teams had heard such commotion. So Ingrid began to swim a bit harder. She wouldn't starve tonight, no one on her team would, not if she could halp it.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Newrey
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Newrey » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:30 pm

Cadet Johan-142
24/09/2517, 1045 Hours

"Already said 'go'?" Johan responded, before mentally slapping himself. Mobuto had already started the exercise, so slyly that no one had noticed, with fluke being the driving factor behind Ingrid's discovery. These precious few moments of realisation placed their team ahead of the others and, if acting fast enough, they could reach the bell first.

It would seem that Ingrid thought slightly faster than Johan and had already considered this, as she immediately went wading into the water and, when deep enough, started to swim. Not wanting to miss out on a warm meal, he glanced back at his team "Alright, so if 13 follows Lukas's suggestion, we can get to that ladder quickly" he said, before following Ingrid's lead

Second Helghan Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Second Helghan Empire » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:53 pm

Cadet Lukas-041
24/09/2517, 1045 Hours

Lukas stayed close behind Ingrid, he tugged Gillian after him. When Ingrid went into the water Lukas turned back to the girl he had in tow.

"Gillian, when we get in grab hold of my uniform and don't let go, and kick your legs up and down as hard and fast as possible."

He pulled her further into the water until they were swimming and took a moment to make sure she was holding on tight and balance himself.

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:10 pm

Cadet Gilbert-214
24/09/2517, 1045 Hours

Gilbert entered the water soon after Lukas and Gillian, although his entry was more akin to someone trying to run through jello, with his swimming being just as, if not less graceful. He tried to mimic the others, using his arms to paddle, but in the end he felt even more tired and began lagging far behind Ingrid and the rest of his team. He ended up switching to a butterfly, or his attempt at a butterfly. He looked over his shoulder to see the other cadets entering the water, close behind him. Dammit, I need to pick up the pace. He thought to himself as he "swam" with renewed fervor, catching up to Lukas and Gillian. He wasn't going to be the reason why his team went hungry. He wasn't going to give them a reason to hate him.
A, probably less than successful, model of what a Post Soviet Eastern European nation can be

Second Helghan Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Second Helghan Empire » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:32 pm

Cadet Lukas-041
24/09/2517, 1045 Hours

Lukas peered back to see Gilbert-214 and saw him struggling. He wanted to reassure him but he was straining with Gillian already so he just turned his attention back to the ladder. He swept his arms as he had been taught and use his feet more to keep afloat than to propel him forward. He and Gillian lagged behind Ingrid but were not so far back as to be easily caught by the others now entering the water.

"Gillian" Lukas spluttered, "when we get to the ladder I will turn around so you can grab it. Be careful but climb as fast as you can."

Noticing Gilbert had caught up to him Lukas was glad.

"Keep going Gilbert." He managed to get out between splashes of water on his face.
Last edited by Second Helghan Empire on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:05 am

Cadet Haythem-012
Epsilon Eridani, Reach, Military Reservation 0148-B
24/09/2517

The group's small talk was interrupted when another team jumped into the water, followed by others running to catch up. Heythem didn't understand, did they miss he Staff Sergeant say go, or were they cheating. "C'mon go!" He almost yelled at his team to get moving. As they ran to their objective, Haythem looked at the first team's direction, and saw what path they were taking. Darn, too late now to go that way. He thought as they reached a support.

"Alright, 111, boost me up"

"Ok." The Spartan labeled 111 said, and he soon boosted Haythem up far enough where he could grab at the small wooden platform that had some rope netting tied to it that lead upwards. Then another person was boosted up, and Haythem pulled them up.

"Start climbing up the rope and get to the next platform." Haythem said.

"Alright, what do you want me to do then?" The girl asked.

"Wait there for the rest of us." He said, and she started climbing the ropes up to the next platform. Another person was boosted up, and he told them the same thing. It was only when 111 was the only one left on the ground when things got complicated. At first 111 tried to jump up and grab Haythem's hands, but he almost pulled Haythem down with him. He tried to climb the support but couldn't find a foothold.

The rest of the team had already pushed on past the next objective, leaving Haythem and 111 behind. "Jerks." Haythem muttered as 111 started to bear climb the pole, rather successfully. After he got far enough, Haythem pulled the kid up and then assessed the situation. "The rest of the team ditched us." He started. He looked down at the pool below. "Can you swim?" He asked.

"Not very good." 111 responded.

"Me neither." Haythem said before continuing on. "Well, we gotta stick together. Our team seems to be going up a path that has a lot of monkey bars and stuff, but I don't like that. What we got to do is head over there." He said, motioning to another path that had a loose rope ladder going up to about 10 feet below the bell.

"Alright, seems like a good plan to me." 111 said before allowing Haythem to take point in the climb.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:47 pm

Cadet Gillian-013
23/09/2017

The water was cold. Gillian recoiled and almost backed off, but between the fear of failing her team and Lukas-041’s vice-like grip there was little chance to reconsider. They tromped deeper into the water with awkward steps, wading out as far as they could go before the slick floor fell away and the children were forced to swim outright, some taking to it better than others. Gillian fell beneath the surface and almost immediately her hand slipped away from the sleeve of Lukas-041. She panicked and thrashed about for a moment before catching hold of the boy once more, using him to pull herself up so that she could fill her lungs with air. She remembered to kick her legs and did just that. Slowly they made it across the pool.

“When we get to the ladder I will turn around so you can grab it,” Lukas-041 spluttered in-between breathes. Having to pull Gillian along was no doubt a difficult task.

Upon reaching the ladder the boy did as he said and allowed Gillian to grab onto the lowest rung. Wet and cold, the girl dragged herself up from the water and towards the platform, her arms heavy from the morning exercise. Other children were now jostling for position and one eager boy very nearly pushed Gillian aside as he climbed. Slipping from the ladder, Gillian only just managed to reach the safety of the platform. She turned to assist the others but was more so there to spur them along.

“I’m up!” she yelled down as she waited for them to begin their climb.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:31 pm

Cadet Deimos-025
24/09/2517, 1045 Hours

Only after Ingrid started moving towards the pool did he get it. The revelation made him mentally face palm for not understanding sooner. Their head start wouldn't last long as Ingrid's start soon caught many gazes. Not wanting to go hungry, each team started their advance into the jungle gym. Deimos breathed hard as the water went a little over his gut, nearing his chest. His movements awkward as he wadded through the increasingly deep water. Before he could start kicking, the floor under him disappeared, causing him to suddenly sink with a hollow splash as his arms hit the water. Instinctively he raised his head and took a deep breath before being fully submerged. As he was under the cold, dark water, Deimos balled up, allowing himself to float up like a balloon. As fast as his tired and aching limbs could carry him, and rolled onto his back and began kicking, angling his head back. Luckily he was at the end of his team so he didn't tread water into the faces of his hopefully new friends.

Despite not being in the water long, Deimos was already shivering as he waited patiently for his team to get up the ladder. Tedious but it couldn't be helped. There wasn't exactly much room on the slippery metal ladder (Or at least that's what he assumed the ladder to be made of). First up was 045, followed by 041, 013, 214, 142, 004, and finally him, 025. As he climbed up the ladder, his face nearly right up 004's rear end, icy water rained down from his now swamped clothes. His teeth chattered as he was exposed to the air above the water.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:21 pm

Cadet Gilbert-214
24/09/2517, 1045 Hours

Gilbert hauled himself up the ladder next as fast as he could, though the icy water that poured from his uniform added nothing but extra weight especially in his boots. He paused for a moment and saw other teams were already starting to make their way up several other ladders stationed around the playground. "Shit. We need to haul ass if we don't want to be last, now let's move!" He yelled, rushing forward, but keeping in mind that if he lost his footing, it would be another dip in the frigid waters, leading to hypothermia or worse. "But be careful, the water'll make this just as, if not more slick, than greased owl snot."

Second Helghan Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Second Helghan Empire » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:20 pm

Cadet Lukas-041
24/09/2517, 1045 Hours

Lukas pulled himself up beside Gillian. His world spun. The ground and the water, even the cold were nothing he couldn't get over. The height, was another story. He got back from the edge and closed his eye for a second before opening them. He didn't want to do this now. He got closer to where he needed to cross with his team and breathed heavily.

Everything was slippery, everything was high up, and now he felt rooted. Like if he moved forward he would surely plummet down and injure himself. His mind raced thinking of the terrible things Mobuto would do to him if he got hurt, then he figured his team would also go hungry if he fell. He inched forward, not in a figurative manner. Moving only inches at a time he tried to continue on while fighting back his fear.

Calming slightly but still not sure of himself Lukas pressed on hoping now not only to not be the last team but to be the first.

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:20 pm

Cadet Baburin-048
24/09/2517, 1045 Hours

"we all have to get to the bell, but he didn't say at the same time. When the excersise starts, Why don't some of the less confident ones stop other teams from getting up the ladder, whilst the more confident ones go and find the best way up. Once they're up, if any of you slip into the water we can jump in and get you."

“No good, the…” Baburin began, before seeing the other team hit the water. They had already gone. They were already moving. Had Mobuto even said they could go? Had he said they couldn’t? The answer to both of those was no, but Baburin felt he answer was that they had been able to go. Sonuva...the word went though the young boy’s head before he could stop it.

“We need to move. Piggyback it is, I think. Fast swimmers, get to the ladder before they do and hold them off at that ladder, OK?” He pointed to one of the kids who had gone to the negative in saying they could swim, spurred on by the fact that Baburin did not want to be last. “You, hold onto me.”

And he went in. The other team looked to be already getting there; one already had. Baburin began the movements he had seen on TV, one hand in front of the other, pushing the water back behind him and bringing him forwards. His feet kicked, and the ground beneath him didn’t exist anymore. It was just water, cold, cold water.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:55 pm

Susanna peered down into the deep pool, the ladder a few arm’s reaches away. She listened to the others, scenarios of piggybacking children flying through the water, some falling down to the deep end. Soon enough, her team readied themselves, and Susanna found her own body gliding into the water below.

Her first thought was how cold the water felt. How it bit at her every fiber, seeping into her pores and chilling her bones. The girl swam up, water swimming into her nose and turning her into a coughing fit. She spat water out, watching the droplets fall back into the water and create tiny air bubbles. Her wide, red eyes scanning the rushing masses. She saw some kids go under and not come back up for a few seconds, only to reemerge with the helping hand of another. Through blurry vision, she saw Baburin swimming down the length of the pool. He said something, and Susanna sporadically lashed out.

She grabbed onto his shoulders, shutting her eyes for what seemed like hours, but had been two seconds. They pushed past other children, almost to the ladder now. Two had already grasped onto it, and Susanna’s eyes opened wide. The ladder was so close, yet so far. She saw Rory swimming along beside of them, and she looked up. She threw a hand up, and grabbed onto the bottom rung. The girl hoisted herself up, just below the other two. She felt a hand grab her ankle, and she looked down with fright in her eyes. Another girl had latched on, eager to pull her down. Susanna kicked the girl off, seeing her splash into the water below. She waited a brief second for Baburin and Rory and the rest of their team to join her.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:24 pm

Cadet Ingrid-045
24/09/2517, 1045 Hours

Ingrid felt cold, a given based on the fact she was dripping with water... Though a cotton tracksuit didn't help that in any way shape or form. Regardless she soldiered on, with the thundering splashing of dozens of other children behind her. As she approached the pulley system she realized she'd be unable to let the rest of her team on without any others coming on.

She turned around as she boarded to see Rudolph hot on her heels... As were about another eight kids, only a few of them her team mates. One approached Rudolph, the number on her sweater being that of 019. The look on her face was determination... replaced very swiftly with that of blood and unconsciousness as Rudolph caused a rather nasty cut on her face with the rock her picked up earlier.

The splash a second later, followed by the sound of an instructor diving in behind 019, gave Ingrid the indication of things swinging in their favor. The children who weren't on their team at the front tried backing off, only to be pushed aside by those budging their ways to the front. Most quickly fell into the water. Until it was a few braves ones and Ingrid's own team on the pulley platform.

The newly formed team shuffled their way onto the platform and they raised themselves up.

Meanwhile Mobuto was shaking his head. He expected less sheep like behavior. Every team made a beeline to the same goddamn ladder like bloody lemmings. And most fell off like lemmings as well. He expected smarter. He looked down at 019. At least they had a losing team. The sound of the Brass bell ringing sounded throughout the area. As expected 045's team was the first to finish. Mobuto smiled, at least one team had their heads on straight.

Cadet Ingrid-045
24/09/2517, 1850 Hours

Ingrid sighed as she stared at the 'food', after the bell test they returned to the classroom to start learning her new most hated thing ever: Algebra. Whoever decided to put letters into math should be slapped... in the face... with a chair.

She stared down at the cold gruel that made up 'Dinner' what was it that Mobuto said at literally everyone's disappointment? 'Sometimes winning doesn't give the best outcome. Simply the better option.'

Ingrid figured it rang true. And built up the courage to swallow more of the watery nutrient paste. Hopefully the rest of her team would stick together after this... remain friends.

Cadet Ingrid-045
Epsilon Eridani, Reach, Military Wilderness Training Preserve
24/12/2519, 0345 Hours

A little over 27 months since Ingrid had arrived in her new home... since everyone had arrived at their new home. And in that time she'd learned a lot of things. A few highlights included: Algebra, ballistics, geography, cartography, Morse code, firearms training, basic first aid, wilderness survival, and advanced chemistry... Oh yeah, then there were two more things, that Mobuto wasn't yanking her chain when he said Reach had multiple wolves and Owl species, and she also learned that a scalpel could in fact kill a wolf in a tight situation.

Though getting your fucking arm torn open wasn't too much of an incentive to try again. So redoing the experiment via the scientific method was right out. As was doing so in the cold. Looking down at the mangled coat arm Ingrid shivered, blood loss and the cold of Reach's mid winter was not a good combination. especially since using some other article of clothing as a bandage would simply make another problem in a new area.

Popping out of the woods, Ingrid arrived at the prearranged meeting point. Something she passed along to Baburin on the drop ship. Had she know she would be the first she would've slown the hell down and avoided the wolf she encountered. But unfortunately that didn't work to well.

She sat down on a stump and began to huddle herself closer. Hoping that her arm would at least clot.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:07 pm

Cadet Gilbert-214
24/12/2519, 0337 Hours

"Fuck." Gilbert said as he did his best to out run the wolf pack that was on his ass. "Fuck me up the ass." He recalled Sgt. Mobuto saying that reach had several different species of wolves. But through either Gilbert zoning out in the briefing, or Mobuto not mentioning it, Gilbert learned the hard way that these were not the same as the Terran wolves he saw in books and t-shirts in New Mombasa, the ones that were chasing him, were bigger than what he expected, and a hell of a lot meaner to. He spotted a tree that had low enough branches that he could easily jump too, given he endured more than two years of hell inflicted by Mobuto and the countless hours of lessons given by Deja, the AI. Gilbert had survived what others had not, but as he climbed the tree and he could hear the snarling of the wolves get louder, he began to think that his impossible luck had run out. "I'm gonna die here." He thought sitting himself down on the branch, checking the wound to the side he sustained after being knocked down a hill by the alpha. He should have been used to the sight of his own blood, but things were worse than he imagined, even in the dim light of night, he could see that his wound refused to clot. "Probably hit an artery, or an object is lodged in there. Either way, I'm fucked." He slumped back, listening to the haunting howls of the wolf pack, remembering the only time he felt this cold.

Cadet Gilbert-214
24/09/2517, 1850 Hours

"Dammit. I don't want to be on his bad side." Gilbert thought as he watched Rudolph's grizzly skills at work. At first, it seemed that the whole camp was on the ledge, but as time went on, more and more people fell into the water, the instructors diving in after them and bringing them to dry land. Soon, only his team was left and after their time at the playground and their math lesson, Gilbert was slightly ammused with the reaction some of his teammates had with their lunch, especially Ingrid, who's look displayed a certain pickiness to Gilbert. Personally, he'd been forced to eat worse and calmly chowed down, doing his best to suppress the high-and-mighty feeling he had. "Pick." He thought. "For some reason it fits her." He nodded content that he would find a nickname for each member of his team. Rudolph he already decided on Psycho, due to the way he handled everyone on the beam, but he'd half to find one for the rest of his team.

Cadet Gilbert-214
24/12/2519, 0345 Hours

"Agh, GAH!" Gilbert grunted as he dug a stick, about an inch long out of his side, and tossed it to the ground. He felt the blood flow increase and immediately jammed his thumb in the wound, doing his best to plug the wound before he lost anymore blood. He let the wolfs sniff it and fight over it, smirking as he watched. "That's it you bastards, I'm the meal that got away. Why don't you take that and choke on it." He thought, before the thoughts of his teammates, who he unsuccessfully tried to remain distant from. He felt pain, knowing that he'd be the only one not to make it back alive. And the idea that he'd be forgotten, made it worse. "GOD DAMMIT, WHY?" He thought, a silent stream of tears moving down his face. "IS THAT ALL I AM TO YOU, FORGETTABLE? SOMETHING FOR YOU TO PLAY AROUND WITH AND THEN DISCARD LIKE SOME TOY?!" He didn't know who he was referring to, Mobuto, God, it didn't really matter to him. "'CAUSE YOU KNOW WHAT, I'M NOT GOING TO BE FORGOTTEN!!! I'M GOING TO MAKE SURE THEY CHISEL MY NAME IN STONE, THEY'RE GOING TO BUILD A MONUMENT TO ME, JUST YOU WATCH!" He didn't know what made him think that, but he watched as the wolves lost interest and left to pursue better prey. Jumping down, he just ran, hoping to God that he would at least encounter another one of his team mates, but as he ran, he could feel the blood start to soak through his jacket again. "Dammit, not like this, not like this!" He said, silently between increasingly ragged breaths. "I can't go like this!" He took one more step, a leap more like it and ended up tumbling through a set of bushes. He looked up and saw a person sitting on a stump. "Hey, mind helping me with a little problem?" He said groaning as he hauled himself upright and put more pressure on his side.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse