NATION

PASSWORD

The Pub Two | Now Serving Outdated Movie References

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favorite RP Genre

Action / Adventure
27%
Thriller
4%
Horror
6%
Science Fiction
28%
Nation
18%
Doki Doki Literature Club
17%

Total votes : 71

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat May 13, 2017 3:03 pm

Zanera wrote:
New Grestin wrote:I don't think sharks are attracted to piss.

The government genetically engineered blacktip reef sharks to live in pools and to be attracted to the scent of human piss. True story breh.

...Well, that's fucking terrifying.

Kassaran wrote:Then why am I here?

Why is anyone here, really?
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat May 13, 2017 3:11 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Zanera wrote:
The government genetically engineered blacktip reef sharks to live in pools and to be attracted to the scent of human piss. True story breh.

Im here for the memes.

And the semi-decent RP's, including my reboot of Heart of Darkness coming to a forum near you Summer 2017! :p
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sat May 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Deramen wrote:
New Grestin wrote:...Well, that's fucking terrifying.

Im here for the memes.

And the semi-decent RP's, including my reboot of Heart of Darkness coming to a forum near you Summer 2017! :p

If I decided to participate I would be Switzerland again. And since Switzerland is mind-numbingly boring (until WWII when people start flying their warplanes over Switzerland and they have to ground those fuckers), I would digress on joining the RP.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat May 13, 2017 3:23 pm

Zanera wrote:
Deramen wrote:Im here for the memes.

If I decided to participate I would be Switzerland again. And since Switzerland is mind-numbingly boring (until WWII when people start flying their warplanes over Switzerland and they have to ground those fuckers), I would digress on joining the RP.

I mean im following the alt history idea that grestin had.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sat May 13, 2017 3:30 pm

Deramen wrote:
Zanera wrote:

I mean im following the alt history idea that grestin had.

IDK, will I be inclined to be Switzerland?

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat May 13, 2017 3:33 pm

I have a couple of ideas that I mentioned on Discord, but I'm going to put one of them here to fully gauge interest with you guys and to get the idea on paper for myself.

Basically, I'm thinking of a partially open world and partially story driven cyberpunk RP set in 2050s England, in a world where most of the planet is controlled by power blocs of varying levels of authoritarianism. The British State is the smallest of these blocs and also one of the more authoritarian; parliament is ruled by lobbying corporations, and every move of every citizen is carefully tracked. Only a few citizens are able to escape the ever watching eyes of the government, through modifications and hacking done to the software and hardware used in this world. But every country has its seams, and the British State is no exception. Pull at the seams, and the cracks will inevitably begin to show. The Bank of Britain is one of the most powerful corporations in the country and the organization that all money flows through in this state, but the very existence of a bank that plays this role represents a seam. When a group of underground misfits, anarchists, and rebels come together, and decide to pull at that seam, it could plunge all of Britain and all of Europe into major change...

Pretty much, you would be playing as someone in a group of rebels in a cyberpunk country that for whatever reason, have a problem with the way things are now and want a change. Most of them will be disconnected from the technology that the rest of the country has, and they'll have to fight through a series of missions while being outmanned, outgunned, and using old fashion tactics while the enemy has advanced tech. The tone should be kind of gloomy and everyone should have the idea that you have a small chance of reaching light at the end of the tunnel, but that losses will be taken before then.
don't tread on me

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat May 13, 2017 3:35 pm

Zanera wrote:
Deramen wrote:I mean im following the alt history idea that grestin had.

Nah, everything's open.

Im hoping to completely reboot the map.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sat May 13, 2017 3:39 pm

Deramen wrote:
Zanera wrote:

Nah, everything's open.

Maybe I should still be Switzerland. I'll have a monopoly on time itself. Besides maybe the Germans, but all I have to do is invite America and Russia to hit them, so I can maintain my clock monopoly.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat May 13, 2017 3:40 pm

Zanera wrote:
Deramen wrote:Nah, everything's open.

Maybe I should still be Switzerland. I'll have a monopoly on time itself. Besides maybe the Germans, but all I have to do is invite America and Russia to hit them, so I can maintain my clock monopoly.

You do you man.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sat May 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Deramen wrote:
Zanera wrote:

You do you man.

The Germans must fall if Switzerland will rise. It does not matter how nor in what matter they fall, or what their enemies do with their territory. Only the failure of their clock industry will matter to me. Mwahaehaehae!

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sat May 13, 2017 4:10 pm

Forest State wrote:I have a couple of ideas that I mentioned on Discord, but I'm going to put one of them here to fully gauge interest with you guys and to get the idea on paper for myself.

Basically, I'm thinking of a partially open world and partially story driven cyberpunk RP set in the 2050s England, in a world where most of the planet is controlled by power blocs of varying levels of authoritarianism. The British State is the smallest of these blocs and also one of the more authoritarian; parliament is ruled by lobbying corporations, and every move of every citizen is carefully tracked. Only a few citizens are able to escape the ever watching eyes of the government, through modifications and hacking done to the software and hardware used in this world. But every country has its seams, and the British State is no exception. Pull at the seams, and the cracks will inevitably begin to show. The Bank of Britain is one of the most powerful corporations in the country and the organization that all money flows through in this state, but the very existence of a bank that plays this role represents a seam. When a group of underground misfits, anarchists, and rebels come together, and decide to pull at that seam, it could plunge all of Britain and all of Europe into major change...

Pretty much, you would be playing as someone in a group of rebels in a cyberpunk country that for whatever reason, have a problem with the way things are now and want a change. Most of them will be disconnected from the technology that the rest of the country has, and they'll have to fight through a series of missions while being outmanned, outgunned, and using old fashion tactics while the enemy has advanced tech. The tone should be kind of gloomy and everyone should have the idea that you have a small chance of reaching light at the end of the tunnel, but that losses will be taken before then.

I think it's an interesting concept, a band of guerrilla's fighting against a technologically progressive world as people give more and more of their freedoms away to the big corporations that know every aspect of their life.
Last edited by Galdius on Sat May 13, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat May 13, 2017 4:35 pm

Galdius wrote:
Forest State wrote:I have a couple of ideas that I mentioned on Discord, but I'm going to put one of them here to fully gauge interest with you guys and to get the idea on paper for myself.

Basically, I'm thinking of a partially open world and partially story driven cyberpunk RP set in the 2050s England, in a world where most of the planet is controlled by power blocs of varying levels of authoritarianism. The British State is the smallest of these blocs and also one of the more authoritarian; parliament is ruled by lobbying corporations, and every move of every citizen is carefully tracked. Only a few citizens are able to escape the ever watching eyes of the government, through modifications and hacking done to the software and hardware used in this world. But every country has its seams, and the British State is no exception. Pull at the seams, and the cracks will inevitably begin to show. The Bank of Britain is one of the most powerful corporations in the country and the organization that all money flows through in this state, but the very existence of a bank that plays this role represents a seam. When a group of underground misfits, anarchists, and rebels come together, and decide to pull at that seam, it could plunge all of Britain and all of Europe into major change...

I think it's an interesting concept, a band of guerrilla's fighting against a technologically progressive world as people give more and more of their freedoms away to the big corporations that know every aspect of their life.

That's pretty much how I imagined it. Most of them would be less connected either by choice or circumstance(there might be a few fugitives) and they all realize that they only way to come out from the underground is by crashing the entire system. There would also be social networking and the like that's far more expansive than it even is now, where the difference in the type of life that someone would live with it and without it is huge.
don't tread on me

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sat May 13, 2017 4:54 pm

Forest State wrote:
Galdius wrote:I think it's an interesting concept, a band of guerrilla's fighting against a technologically progressive world as people give more and more of their freedoms away to the big corporations that know every aspect of their life.

That's pretty much how I imagined it. Most of them would be less connected either by choice or circumstance(there might be a few fugitives) and they all realize that they only way to come out from the underground is by crashing the entire system. There would also be social networking and the like that's far more expansive than it even is now, where the difference in the type of life that someone would live with it and without it is huge.

I think that the best way to do it would be to have a system Identification number which is tied to an individual (a chip implanted somewhere on the body), including all of their accounts and devices. Essentially when a person is born they are assigned with and is used by pretty much everything, from social media, to shopping (Banking is directly tied to your SIN number), to even medical care and law enforcement. The major bonus of this is that it makes a person every move pretty much traceable.

On the run from the police? Well your SIN number is directly tied to everything, which essentially allows the government to track all of your devices down with ease the second you use something. Engage in some cybercrime and left a trace? Well now the government essentially knows exactly who you are because your SIN number was left behind in the logs.

It'd open up interesting avenues for organized crime, with things such as SIN spoofing and chip replacements, considering that you can't possibly live without it.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat May 13, 2017 5:03 pm

Galdius wrote:
Forest State wrote:That's pretty much how I imagined it. Most of them would be less connected either by choice or circumstance(there might be a few fugitives) and they all realize that they only way to come out from the underground is by crashing the entire system. There would also be social networking and the like that's far more expansive than it even is now, where the difference in the type of life that someone would live with it and without it is huge.

I think that the best way to do it would be to have a system Identification number which is tied to an individual (a chip implanted somewhere on the body), including all of their accounts and devices. Essentially when a person is born they are assigned with and is used by pretty much everything, from social media, to shopping (Banking is directly tied to your SIN number), to even medical care and law enforcement. The major bonus of this is that it makes a person every move pretty much traceable.

On the run from the police? Well your SIN number is directly tied to everything, which essentially allows the government to track all of your devices down with ease the second you use something. Engage in some cybercrime and left a trace? Well now the government essentially knows exactly who you are because your SIN number was left behind in the logs.

It'd open up interesting avenues for organized crime, with things such as SIN spoofing and chip replacements, considering that you can't possibly live without it.

Could be interesting if the Police or whatever head to an area where a SIN number was detected, but that was merely the point where their signal came from, and it was made up something like wire hangers and a Pringles can, or the like, essentially using none technologically advanced stuff to trick the system.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat May 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Galdius wrote:
Forest State wrote:That's pretty much how I imagined it. Most of them would be less connected either by choice or circumstance(there might be a few fugitives) and they all realize that they only way to come out from the underground is by crashing the entire system. There would also be social networking and the like that's far more expansive than it even is now, where the difference in the type of life that someone would live with it and without it is huge.

The OP will have more info but I think that's what I'm going to go with. The chip would be tied to social networking too, which would have social implications for anyone that disconnects it since you'd pretty much have to drop offline, and all of the rebels would for some reason or another have their chips removed.

Using tricks to get past the tech should be a theme too because otherwise anyone against the government and corporations is majorly outgunned. There's also the potential for hacking ID cards which is probably something that would appear later as a late game equalizer.
don't tread on me

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sat May 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Kassaran wrote:RP NAME Assassin's Creed: Internecion
OP NAME: The great and verbiose master of the art of the word wall... Kassaran!
CO-OP NAMES: None... as of yet, but I'm looking for sure!
PREMISE: Assassin's Creed, set in Constantinople (not Istanbul) from 1890 to roughly 1914
GENRE (Sci-Fi, Horror, Drama, etc): Historical Fiction
TYPE (Character, Nation or Otherwise): Character
PROVIDE A BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE RP: Players will take on the roles of members of the Assassin Brotherhood working out of Constantinopl (not Istanbul) between the years of 1890 and 1914.
IS THE OUT-OF-CHARACTER THREAD POSTED?: Nope
IS THE IN-CHARACTER THREAD POSTED?: Nope
NATURE OF REQUEST (Feedback, Looking for Co-Ops, Looking for Players, etc.): Feedback and Co-Ops and hopeful historical consultants whom can help me with setting up the scenes. Looking to stick to the general running and jumping themes of Assassin's Creed here, taking us back to the classic location of AC Revelations and setting up the contiguous universe I hope to set up surrounding the events leading up to the Great War itself.
IDENTIFICATION CODE: 1914 (DO NOT REMOVE)

Hey, Kass! It's me tito. But I think you already know, right? :p

I'm willing to be CO-OP. I have been involved with four Assassin's Creed RP, including mine which sadly died without players.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sat May 13, 2017 6:03 pm

Sarejo wrote:Hey it's not my fault that I have groupies!! :P

Anyways nice to see you here URA, long time no see :)

groupiss.

Deramen wrote:

Im here for the memes.

JAPAN IS MINE.
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Realistically speaking, some form of shark could have evolved to detect urine in search of prey, as Sharks themselves do not urinate, it could be plausible i think.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat May 13, 2017 6:19 pm

Sarejo wrote:Hey it's not my fault that I have groupies!! :P

Anyways nice to see you here URA, long time no see :)

groupiss.

Deramen wrote:Im here for the memes.

JAPAN IS MINE.

Gotcha.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun May 14, 2017 1:27 am

Shadowwell wrote:Realistically speaking, some form of shark could have evolved to detect urine in search of prey, as Sharks themselves do not urinate, it could be plausible i think.

Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Remnants of America » Sun May 14, 2017 6:11 am

New Grestin wrote:
Zanera wrote:

Do you ever wonder why we're here?
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"I'm confused as to your tactic but I'll trust you." - Die erworbenen Namen
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sun May 14, 2017 6:26 am

The United Remnants of America wrote:

It' one of life's great mysteries... isn't it?
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun May 14, 2017 7:59 am

Since there's interest, I'll get going on the cyberpunk thread soon and post the drafts here to see what everyone thinks when there's an actual thread explaining more of the details and lore. I've also decided on a name, Ruled Britannia. Gotta give credit to Grestin for that one, after he came up with it on Discord. Also, here's the recap of all the basics, including things that were mentioned on Discord.

1: The setting is 2067 England, most likely London, in a dystopian State of Britain. The exact history of the way that things got this way isn't going to be available, both because a long history isn't needed and because ICly the government covered up many of the reasons behind the fall of the United Kingdom. The small area and population of the country compared to the rest of the countries in the world, which are almost all continental sized power blocs at this point, has allowed the country to become an extreme surveillance state where every move is tracked.

2: Tracking happens through the use of System Identification Numbers, or SIN numbers. Credit to Galdius for the good name for that. Every citizen has one implanted near the spinal cord at birth, and the SIN card is scanned and used by most services from social media to shopping to banking. The country now uses cryptocurrency tied directly to the SIN cards, meaning that someone without one is the equivalent of someone with no money and no identity. Most of your characters will be those who either have no card or have hacked cards, that allow for the unauthorized use of money, without the tracking.

3: This will be a mix between an open world and episodic RP, with various 'missions' but also chances to do other things and go on side quests. The ultimate goal of course, is to gain freedom by taking the entire system down, specifically through going after the Bank of Britain and resetting the cryptocurrency used by everyone in the country.
don't tread on me

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sun May 14, 2017 8:43 am

The United Remnants of America wrote:

Mommy and daddy fucked and mommy shat me out nine months later. Unless that's 'how', in which case I say you can only find the 'why' through deep meditation and great farts.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sun May 14, 2017 8:55 am

Zanera wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Do you ever wonder why we're here?

Mommy and daddy fucked and mommy shat me out nine months later. Unless that's 'how', in which case I say you can only find the 'why' through deep meditation and great farts.

You completely missed the reference pal.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse