NATION

PASSWORD

Recover the Coast! (Slice of Life RP, IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Recover the Coast! (Slice of Life RP, IC)

Postby Aona » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:59 pm

Recover the Coast!
IC #1

~OOC~

Liza Bradley
Girl's Dorm, Room 202

The sun had risen in Cape Aubor's cheery blue sky, and shimmered off of the clear blue water. The breeze, gentle and soothing, caused a slight ripple in Liza's curtains, which were a soft white satin custom-brought. She lazily opened one eye from her pillow and sighed. A Monday.

She slowly began the process of her day: Rising, rubbing her eyes, and glancing out into the world. She had a pretty good view of the campus from her second-story window, and could see the random student briskly carry about their business. For the most part, though, the courtyard was empty. Everyone was just now waking up.

She glanced at the clock: 7, exactly. Classes would begin at 8:30, giving her ample time to get ready. After showering, applying small amounts of makeup, brushing her hair, and donning her outfit, she headed into her dorm's common room, and began picking up books, organized into neat little piles for her convenience. Her roommate wasn't out yet, but that didn't bother her. She hummed happily away, finishing up her daily chores until she felt the need to leave.
:^)

Jadwell
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:07 pm

Elizabeth would awake to the 'beautiful' sound of an alarm clock, and then did what most probably would do if they felt as tired as Elizabeth was, and had abruptly awoken to such as a loud and certainly irritating sound, she would pick up the alarm clock and throw it against the wall creating a loud *smash as it broke into pieces and created a small dent in the room's wall. Elizabeth would get up and put on her clothes, not the usual uniform given to students of Belmont.

Elizabeth would then grab her papers and messily shove them into her bag. Elizabeth would then sit on the couch, flick on the TV and take out a cigarette and lit it, its light, vanilla scented air filling the dorm room and made itself comfortable going down Elizabeth's throat. After she was done, Elizabeth would throw the cigarette onto the floor and took out another, 'Fresh Aubor' was the brand name, which clearly had its origins inside the small town itself.
Last edited by Jadwell on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:50 pm

Dawn carefully treaded the floor, taking care to not make too much noise as she exited the house. She quickly gave the door a once over and exited, noting the lack of electronic locking, as it had been for the past three years.

I guess it’s not exactly good to be happy that somebody else lost their job, but I can’t exactly lie and say that I’m not happy that the door is unlocked so that I can go on a run…

She quickly ran outside and began to stretch. Her normal routine of being on the computer didn’t do much for her athleticism, however she didn’t exactly want to be a complete lazy slob. She quickly began a slow jog, and began to build up into a comfortable run. She quickly ran through the estate this being the last time she would see it for a year or such. Mother had been explicit on the lack of return for christmas. Sadly for Legacy, that meant that he’d be stuck with her and away from home for a longer time, but there was no convincing mom otherwise.

I swear she’s insane. She’s willing to sacrifice her possesion of one of her ‘perfect little boys’ in order to keep me at school. It’s not really that important, is it? Patrick turned out kind of well, what with his nice intelligent self, but she wrecked him socially. Jason is doing well but he’s probably got something embarrasing like a My little Pony Collection somewhere.

She rounded the corner and quickly ran into Legacy, doing whatever he was supposed to be doing. “UUFF!”  She grunted as she fell onto the floor.
“A-aar..ee yu-ou.. Oha-kay… sis? Tha..zztt… wah..zz a ba-h..d fa.h.l” He bent over and offered his hand. Dawn shook her head and looked at the hand, then reached out to grasp it as he pulled it back. He quickly flinched and reached forward, picking her up from underneath her arms, apologizing. “OO--..hh.. suh-.orree... , I thou,gaht thah.-aattt.. Yo..uu ded..nit.. Wh..aa..-nt ma..yyy hh--ee..llp.” He sheepishly put an expression on his face, though Dawn couldn’t quite tell what it was supposed to be. She simply dismissed it as being sorry and she dusted herself off. “Whatcha doing?”

Legacy motioned to the beat up ol' sunflower. Dawn smiled. It was a miserably broken flower, and it had nearly been destroyed by the gardening incidents of whoever was fixing the lawn up, but Legacy had been there for it the entire time. When its stem broke, he had supported it; when the gardner had yanked it out, he had placed it back in; and when their mother had declared one of her ‘fashionable’ tress to be put in front of it, he had convinced her to not so that the sunflower could get constant sun.

It’s a funny thing, isn’t it? An utterly broken and defeated plant, it keeps on nearly dying, yet Legacy won’t let it. Every time he’s there for it, isn’t he?

Legacy quickly offered his palm forth and showed her some seed, the sunflowers seeds she realized.  She quickly nodded and motioned to him to follow, and he did such dutifully. “So what do you think about the school thing? I mean I don’t exactly think that it’s going to be too fun, but I don’t exactly seem to have a choice. You on the other hand, haven’t done anything wrong and I’m fairly sure that you don’t like being sent off to a school for bad kids.” Legacy shrugged and spoke in an odd accent she hadn’t heard before. “Mi ninya, I have no prohblem gohing to el infierno,l if at least I spend it vith yew.” He shook himself and gave her a full on smile, proud of that one. “What is that? Spanish lover? It’s really good?” He blushed intensely and shook.  “Either way I wonder who we’re going to be roomed up with? I mean I expect to be stuck with a junior monster, but  I kind of doubt it since everyone there is probably just 'kinda bad' kids from rich families.” Legacy stared at her. “ Y..oo-uu d.uou..re.-ali.ze th.aaaaaaaaaaaaa...tttt yew..ooo ah..r-e b.e.inguh.. Cl..ahs..ist..”

Dawn shrugged. “While that may be true, you can’t exactly expect me to not have some sort of bias. I mean look at me, I’m just really into Manga and the such, but mom thinks that I’m an absolute disgrace to the family, with absolutely no redeeming…” She noticed Legacys skeptical gaze “..few redeeming qualites. Overall I’m willing to bet that the school is going to mainly be stocked with people that are perfectly nice, but have some sort of ‘failing’ in there parents eyes. At most everyone will be a bunch of wimps, with maybe one genuinely bad kid.  Now can you actually argue against that?”

Legacy shrugged. “Wh..yy..luh ye..w mah..yy ha-h ve.. A poy.n..t, ee..ts nu.ht tw..wo b..eefa..hre..”

Dawn

Dawn stretched her arms and looked up at the ceiling, before gazing around and being just the slightest bit weirded out for the fiftieth time. Gone were the Vocaloid Posters and the Classics. And instead it was replaced by a drab blue gray wall. They couldn't hang anything up in order to build character, Dawn suspected that they didn't want to refurbish the room for each student.
She rolled around and got onto her knees atop her bed, making a Kawaii pose for an Imaginary camera. A rumbling in the room next to hers reminded her of the fact that she had a roommate, and that it would be very bad if someone saw her acting full weeb.
This place isn't exactly bad.... But I don't exactly like it(the actual purpose I guess)
Dawn got off of her bed and did more stretches, and began to get dressed.

I wonder how Legacy is doing. He's always kind of Frazzled in the morning, but he doesn't want to tell me for some strange reason.

Legacy

Legacy opened his eyes and began to panic.

Periodic!

Globe!

Map!

Dresser!

He rolled and fell out of bed with a thud, before he curled up and slowly calmed down, realizing that he was at school. Again. Like for the past few days. Sometimes I don't understand the sheer stupidity that has to occur for me to make a mistake such as that! I'm intelligent and strong! I shouldn't care about something such as being a stranger in a strange land! I'm A Vargas!
Legacy trundled along to the dresser and proceeded to get dressed before he went and washed his teeth. It seemed that his roommate hadn't awoken yet, which was good since that meant that he could just proceed without having to entertain him with a a stoic silence. Smiling, Legacy began to spit and rinse twice as always.
The Flame Dawn wrote:"Alright," said the Doctor who walked to his desk and wrote a few things on a sticky note and handed it back to the boy, "well I'm assuming your doctor has an actual and legally obtained doctorate so here's ya note."

Legato Venari wrote:Don't look at her tits. Don't look at her Tits.

Legato Venari wrote:Mutiny! We shall toss Contamensia to the beasts! Attack! Attack! Kill The nation of Contamensia! Declare War!

Charlia wrote:...I may never sleep again.

This nation is known as the search for that third facking Karma bar.
This Nation is known as the creeping disdain for the lack of a fourth karma bar.

Jadwell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:09 am

Elizabeth would then remember her roommate, Dawn
(When you forget the last name)
and that she had borrowed 5 dollars from her to buy a pack of cigarettes. She'd take out her wallet and put 5$ onto the table then put her wallet into her pocket, picking up the money and walking to Dawn's room. "Are you in there?" Elizabeth would say while knocking on the door, now smoking a new cigarette.

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:22 am

Jadwell wrote:Elizabeth would then remember her roommate, Dawn
and that she had borrowed 5 dollars from her to buy a pack of cigarettes. She'd take out her wallet and put 5$ onto the table then put her wallet into her pocket, picking up the money and walking to Dawn's room. "Are you in there?" Elizabeth would say while knocking on the door, now smoking a new cigarette.

Dawn opened the door a crack and peeked out. "Well duuuhhh, it's my room isn't it?" She cracked a smile and finished putting on the uniform. Just like all of the slice of life mangas!!! Ooh I don't like shool, but I do like this uniform. Dawn walked out of her room and was assailed by the smell of cigarette smoke. "Pfah!!!" Dawn wafted the smoke away and went back into her room, opening the window a tad, and went into the adjoining space and opened those windows wide open. Negative airflow save my clothes.
"I still don't understand how you enjoy those things. I especially don't understand how you haven't been caught." Dawn shook her head and pulled out her hand fan, wafting the smoke away with it.
The Flame Dawn wrote:"Alright," said the Doctor who walked to his desk and wrote a few things on a sticky note and handed it back to the boy, "well I'm assuming your doctor has an actual and legally obtained doctorate so here's ya note."

Legato Venari wrote:Mutiny! We shall toss Contamensia to the beasts! Attack! Attack! Kill The nation of Contamensia! Declare War!

This Nation is known as the creeping disdain for the lack of a fourth karma bar.

Jadwell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:29 am

Legato Venari wrote:
Jadwell wrote:Elizabeth would then remember her roommate, Dawn

Dawn opened the door a crack and peeked out. "Well duuuhhh, it's my room isn't it?" She cracked a smile and finished putting on the uniform. Just like all of the slice of life mangas!!! Ooh I don't like shool, but I do like this uniform. Dawn walked out of her room and was assailed by the smell of cigarette smoke. "Pfah!!!" Dawn wafted the smoke away and went back into her room, opening the window a tad, and went into the adjoining space and opened those windows wide open. Negative airflow save my clothes.
"I still don't understand how you enjoy those things. I especially don't understand how you haven't been caught." Dawn shook her head and pulled out her hand fan, wafting the smoke away with it.

Elizabeth would crack a slight smile, continuing to smoke on her cigar, and liking it quite well "I still don't understand why you DON'T like these things, and I think the reason I'm never caught is because they are tired of having to constantly come into our dorm room and putting me in detention or jail.." Elizabeth would hold out 5$ "Here's your money.." Elizabeth would throw the dollar bill into the room and walk back out to the couch, resuming watching the television.
Last edited by Jadwell on Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:39 am

Jadwell wrote:
Legato Venari wrote:

Elizabeth would crack a slight smile, continuing to smoke on her cigar, and liking it quite well "I still don't understand why you DON'T like these things, and I think the reason I'm never caught is because they are tired of having to constantly come into our dorm room and putting me in detention or jail.." Elizabeth would hold out 5$ "Here's your money.." Elizabeth would throw the dollar bill into the room and walk back out to the couch, resuming watching the television.

Dawn laughed lightheartedly. She put the five in her purse and threw it onto the dresser. "To think, all of our parents money going to these people and they can't be bothered to throw us into detention!! The nerve!!" Giggling she walked over to the couch and plopped down, wafting the smoke away. "I mean if they're getting all this money they should at least make our lives suck, shouldn't they?" She looked at the television and dejectedly resigned herself to non-anime programming. "What time is it?" She glanced around, searching for a time source.

Jadwell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:47 am

Legato Venari wrote:
Jadwell wrote:Elizabeth would crack a slight smile, continuing to smoke on her cigar, and liking it quite well "I still don't understand why you DON'T like these things, and I think the reason I'm never caught is because they are tired of having to constantly come into our dorm room and putting me in detention or jail.." Elizabeth would hold out 5$ "Here's your money.." Elizabeth would throw the dollar bill into the room and walk back out to the couch, resuming watching the television.

Dawn laughed lightheartedly. She put the five in her purse and threw it onto the dresser. "To think, all of our parents money going to these people and they can't be bothered to throw us into detention!! The nerve!!" Giggling she walked over to the couch and plopped down, wafting the smoke away. "I mean if they're getting all this money they should at least make our lives suck, shouldn't they?" She looked at the television and dejectedly resigned herself to non-anime programming. "What time is it?" She glanced around, searching for a time source.

Elizabeth would bend over to pick up the tv remote and flick to the News Channel, which showed the time at the bottom corner of the screen. "Its 7:30, an hour later and its time for our classes...great..." Elizabeth would put her head back on the couch and close her eyes, starting to drift off into slumber. She didn't want to go to class, she hated nearly every subject, but especially the most feared of them all the dreaded......math.

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:59 am

Jadwell wrote:
Legato Venari wrote:

Elizabeth would bend over to pick up the tv remote and flick to the News Channel, which showed the time at the bottom corner of the screen. "Its 7:30, an hour later and its time for our classes...great..." Elizabeth would put her head back on the couch and close her eyes, starting to drift off into slumber. She didn't want to go to class, she hated nearly every subject, but especially the most feared of them all the dreaded......math.

Dawn watched with somewhat bleary eyes as the TV switched over to some news channel, and then she pulled out her flip phone (To prevent you from staying inside watching that stuff on it), stifled a yawn. "I guess that means we have an hour for breakfast. I'm gonna grab something from the cafeteria, do you want me to bring you anything or are you gonna come with" Dawn stretched off the couch and went to put on her shoes. She stowed away the fan while she nudged the shoes around.

Jadwell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:05 am

Legato Venari wrote:
Jadwell wrote:Elizabeth would bend over to pick up the tv remote and flick to the News Channel, which showed the time at the bottom corner of the screen. "Its 7:30, an hour later and its time for our classes...great..." Elizabeth would put her head back on the couch and close her eyes, starting to drift off into slumber. She didn't want to go to class, she hated nearly every subject, but especially the most feared of them all the dreaded......math.

Dawn watched with somewhat bleary eyes as the TV switched over to some news channel, and then she pulled out her flip phone (To prevent you from staying inside watching that stuff on it), stifled a yawn. "I guess that means we have an hour for breakfast. I'm gonna grab something from the cafeteria, do you want me to bring you anything or are you gonna come with" Dawn stretched off the couch and went to put on her shoes. She stowed away the fan while she nudged the shoes around.

FLIP PHONE?! HAHAHAHAHAHAElizabeth would just sit there and stretch "I don't want anything..I'm not hungry, just tired as hell" as Dawn got off the couch, Elizabeth would lay down, taking up the entire couch. I wonder what classes we have first...better be gym or something else I like..I'd rather die than have to write another essay about history, or a test about a new, worthless type of math..

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:42 am

Jadwell wrote:
Legato Venari wrote:Dawn watched with somewhat bleary eyes as the TV switched over to some news channel, and then she pulled out her flip phone (To prevent you from staying inside watching that stuff on it), stifled a yawn. "I guess that means we have an hour for breakfast. I'm gonna grab something from the cafeteria, do you want me to bring you anything or are you gonna come with" Dawn stretched off the couch and went to put on her shoes. She stowed away the fan while she nudged the shoes around.

FLIP PHONE?! HAHAHAHAHAHAElizabeth would just sit there and stretch "I don't want anything..I'm not hungry, just tired as hell" as Dawn got off the couch, Elizabeth would lay down, taking up the entire couch. I wonder what classes we have first...better be gym or something else I like..I'd rather die than have to write another essay about history, or a test about a new, worthless type of math..

Dawn shrugged and walked out the dorm to the cafeteria. She decided to call legacy up for breakfast and quickly received a return text.

Sure I'll meet you there.

Legacy

Legacy quickly got dressed after having received the text from Dawn he hurried on down to the cafeteria, fighting with himself to not show any of his tics. He did catch himself pulling at hair one or twice but overall he seemed to be doing just fine with the situation.
He quickly entered the cafeteria and scanned the surroundings, before he found Dawn waving. He walked on over and smiled, before noticing the Cafeteria monitor. He got wobbly knees and fought to keep his back stock straight as he walked on over to Dawn. " Well hello Sis, how are you? I believe breakfast is in order, don't you?" He quickly walked over to the cafeteria line and pulled out the joint debit card that their parents gave them. Don't Stutter, Give them a good smile, keep your arms straight, keep the card hidden in your palm, keep your hand dry, keep your eyes open and bright, lower your ears, keep your arms sufficiently bent, meet their eyes and speak properly witho a stutter, nor change in inflection apart from a slight deference as befitting their importance.

"May I have the eggs and bacon, please?" He smiled and received the tray, keeping the weight perfectly balanced between receiving the tray and keeping the tray.

Don't step on the person in front of you, don't step on the person behind you, don't step backwards, keep the tray perfectly level, don't reach across the person in front of you, don't wait to long to step forward, don't move forward aggressively, keep the tray level, keep your steps measured, keep a moderate smile on your face, composed but not overly joyful.

He reached out and grasped a box of juice gently, placing it upon his tray.
He followed Dawn to the table and sat down.

WaRtArIa
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:17 am

The loud beeping sound of an alarm clock echoed through the room, effectively waking and annoying Rebecca. Reluctantly dragging herself out of the comfortable warm bed, she dazed off for a moment, staring at the drab grey wall. Snapping out of her daze, Rebecca trudge to the dresser, and took out her school uniform. Rebecca threw off her white nightgown onto the bed, and then quickly put on her uniform. She took a moment to mentally look over her schedule, and walked outside of the dormitory room.

Rebecca’s stomach rumbled loudly in her hunger. Rebecca knew by then that she needed to eat breakfast. Slowly navigating down a couple of hallways, she noticed the large cafeteria, and upon walking in, realized that there were only a couple of students there. It was perfect. She would have a quiet breakfast.

Taking a tray, Rebecca frowned as she saw the few breakfast options there was. There was nothing that remotely resembled a delicious Hungarian breakfast, but that was to be expected from an American school, anyways. Grabbing two slices of bread, cheese, an egg, and sliced ham, Rebecca sat on a table. She was next to a tall tanned boy. Rebecca took a bite of her sandwich, and absentmindedly wondered why almost everyone seemed to be taller than her.

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:18 pm

Jason awoke with a scream, panting he took in his surroundings. The brightly lit room seemed distant, and vague. It’s just a dream, he thought. Nothing to be worried about. Yet no matter how hard Jason tried to reassure himself, he couldn’t shake away the fear that had gripped him. It was the same dream, over and over each night. He had been getting them since his first day at the school and they persisted to haunt him each time he slept. Not even his blanket (or as his grandmother called it, “blankie” when she poked fun) had protected him from them. He wondered if it was due to his homesickness that still lingered with him. Either way, he was awake now and there was no point fretting about it.

Jason quickly showered and got dressed, putting on his school uniform that he had hung up from the dryer the night before. It had gotten quite dirty the last couple days and he wanted to make sure to look presentable as much as he could. After finishing the rest of morning chores, Jason left the dormitory and headed out onto the school grounds. The smell coming from the cafeteria was convincing enough to head right down for breakfast but it was still pretty early in the day so it wasn’t like he would be late for anything if he did his own thing for a bit. Besides, he needed some fresh air to clear his mind and like his grandpa would say “straighten up”.
Jason found an empty bench outside and sat down, closing his eyes as he relaxed in the peace and quiet around him.

Wait…Where is it!?

Jason frantically searched his pockets. He didn’t remember putting it away when he made his bed so where could it have gone?

Oh!

He found what he was looking for in his back pocket and pulled it out, revealing a bright blue blanket. He sighed in relief as he hugged it, it’s scent reminding him of home. Realizing that somebody might’ve seen him, Jason quickly tucked it back into his uniform. He had kept its existence a secret to even his roommate and he definitely didn’t need anyone else to know either. Who knew what people would think of him.
Last edited by The Land of Golden Blobfish on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Jadwell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:22 pm

Elizabeth would get up, turn off the TV and walk out the door. She was heading towards the cafeteria since she hadn't eaten yet, although she probably wouldn't eat, she'd rather starve herself but she would likely get called out by one of the teachers and lectured. As she walked into the cafeteria she took her green jacket and took out a cigar, covering it with her jacket to prevent being caught by any of the staff who were around. When she was done would take out a double patty bacon cheeseburger and began munching on it.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:12 pm

John Joslyn
About an hour or two ago...
John watched the sun rise as he finished his notes. He sighed, took out a cigarette along with his lighter and lite it. He scooped up a bit of the sand and put it in the glass jar next to him. Then, John pulled out some tape and a sharpie which he then labeled the date on the tape and stuck it on the jar. John looked at his watch to see the school was about to open, he had gotten lucky this time sneaking out but he still needed to sneak back in. Being at the school for almost three years really helps one learn the ins and outs. John stood up from the log and picked up his bookbag and sand jar then made his way towards the school.

Current Time
John was in his room, his roommate had already left. He put the sand jar next to the other dozen on his desk near the window. After taking a shower, putting on his uniform and his hat he made his way towards the cafeteria for breakfast. As he walked past a security guard outside the main building he raised his eyebrow expecting him to be questioned, however he was able to reach the cafeteria without any bumps. There he would just get a small bagel and an egg from there he'd make his way towards one of the few empty tables, as he walked there he felt some of his "fangirls" gaze at him as he walked by.

Finally reaching the table he would sit down and pulled out his small notepad back out to compare his marine biology notes he had been making for the year. He rested his hand on his hand where he would begin to munch on the muffin while reading the notes.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:06 am

Lev Zaslavsky

Lev Zaslavsky stood leaning against the wall, looking out at the view of Cape Aubor and the magnificent scenery that surrounded it. It was still quite early so not everyone was awake yet, his roommate being one of those people. That would of course change sometime over the next half hour. Homesickness was not something that would affect him very much, he didn't miss his parents, nor his siblings Anastasia and Nikolai, though they were considerably less irritating. It could be said as well that Lev's parents were likely much more content with him not being home in their pristine Kensington penthouse.
He did miss London though, the city, the lights, his friends...and those never boring nights in Soho that definitely probably contributed to him being sent to this school. Well that and being hospitalised after ingesting something that he still is unsure of what exactly it was, amongst a long list of other things.

However there was nothing he could do about that now and so didn't even bother worrying about it. Instead he quickly but thoroughly showered, brushed his teeth, combed his hair and dressed for the day ahead. His roommate somehow slept through all of that. Lev never woke him on the way out of the dorm though, he just closed the door rather loudly.

Arriving in the cafeteria Lev wasted no time in joining the currently small queue behind a younger girl who he did not know. He passed by taking with him a bread roll, a fried egg and fresh orange juice, not ideal but it could have been much worse. He would kill to get dark rye bread into the school cafeteria or some oladi but doubted such things were common in America. At least in England they always had it in the Russian supermarkets. Having his breakfast selection complete, Lev looked around at his surrounding to see if he knew anyone he could sit with.

He noticed a boy that he had spoken to briefly before, John was his name if he could remember right. Turning in that direction he moved over to the table were he was sitting. "Morning, do you mind if I sit with you?", he asked.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

WaRtArIa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:45 pm

Legato Venari wrote:
Jadwell wrote: FLIP PHONE?! HAHAHAHAHAHAElizabeth would just sit there and stretch "I don't want anything..I'm not hungry, just tired as hell" as Dawn got off the couch, Elizabeth would lay down, taking up the entire couch. I wonder what classes we have first...better be gym or something else I like..I'd rather die than have to write another essay about history, or a test about a new, worthless type of math..

Dawn shrugged and walked out the dorm to the cafeteria. She decided to call legacy up for breakfast and quickly received a return text.

Sure I'll meet you there.

Legacy

Legacy quickly got dressed after having received the text from Dawn he hurried on down to the cafeteria, fighting with himself to not show any of his tics. He did catch himself pulling at hair one or twice but overall he seemed to be doing just fine with the situation.
He quickly entered the cafeteria and scanned the surroundings, before he found Dawn waving. He walked on over and smiled, before noticing the Cafeteria monitor. He got wobbly knees and fought to keep his back stock straight as he walked on over to Dawn. " Well hello Sis, how are you? I believe breakfast is in order, don't you?" He quickly walked over to the cafeteria line and pulled out the joint debit card that their parents gave them. Don't Stutter, Give them a good smile, keep your arms straight, keep the card hidden in your palm, keep your hand dry, keep your eyes open and bright, lower your ears, keep your arms sufficiently bent, meet their eyes and speak properly witho a stutter, nor change in inflection apart from a slight deference as befitting their importance.

"May I have the eggs and bacon, please?" He smiled and received the tray, keeping the weight perfectly balanced between receiving the tray and keeping the tray.

Don't step on the person in front of you, don't step on the person behind you, don't step backwards, keep the tray perfectly level, don't reach across the person in front of you, don't wait to long to step forward, don't move forward aggressively, keep the tray level, keep your steps measured, keep a moderate smile on your face, composed but not overly joyful.

He reached out and grasped a box of juice gently, placing it upon his tray.
He followed Dawn to the table and sat down.

Rebecca chewed on the last half of her sandwich, and glanced at all the students around her empty table. Although it was true Rebecca did want a quiet lunch, Rebecca supposed that it wouldn’t hurt to interact with another student. Making friends with other people was a fun endeavor, one that usually overrided the need for quiet and serenity. Rebecca picked up her tray carefully and seemingly slid to the other table. She decided to speak with the awkward-looking shy boy. It was always fun to fluster or annoy those type of people. “Sziá, társ! Nice day, isn’t it? I’m Rebecca. Nice to meet ya.”

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:25 pm

Wartaria wrote:Rebecca chewed on the last half of her sandwich, and glanced at all the students around her empty table. Although it was true Rebecca did want a quiet lunch, Rebecca supposed that it wouldn’t hurt to interact with another student. Making friends with other people was a fun endeavor, one that usually overrided the need for quiet and serenity. Rebecca picked up her tray carefully and seemingly slid to the other table. She decided to speak with the awkward-looking shy boy. It was always fun to fluster or annoy those type of people. “Sziá, társ! Nice day, isn’t it? I’m Rebecca. Nice to meet ya.”

Legacy snapped to attention. A girl was talking to him for some reason or another. He quickly smiled and fucked up, putting on an exaggeration, a bit more like a picture smile with teeth than one for meeting a stranger. Fuck I already fucked up damnit! Ok calm down and chill. Just don't drop the smile instantly, teachers are watching, can't have them think that I'm anti social. Lower the smile down to warm. Keep eyes meeting just above the eyeline. Don't look at her tits. Don't look at her Tits. Blink every three seconds, don't breathe too deeply. Move to match her posture and body position. Don't go too forward, avoid being aggressive. Don't go too back, avoid being defensive. Don't stay silent too long she said hi a second ago. Keep your distance from Sis constant, no need to alter the relationship between us as deeply intimate or unstable.

"Hello, I'm Legacy Vargas and this here is my Sister Dawn. I don't believe that I've seen you around so would you do me the honor of your name miss??......."

Dawn

Dawn was startled at the Random girl just jumping over to there table. She didn't look particularly menacing but the worst delinquent girls were always unassuming. The fact that she was trying to interact with her brother didn't help at all. She looked across at him and saw him flicker with a touch of the confusion, throwing up a super star smile before simply giving her a normal friendly one, but the formality in his voice was extreme. He was trying hard not to break.

".....Dawn. I don't believe that I've seen you around so would you do me the honor of your name miss??......."

The mention of her name brought her back to reality. She quickly threw a hand onto his shoulder, and felt him deflate a bit, definitely calming him a bit.

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:41 pm

After getting enough fresh air, Jason's rumbling stomach got the best of him and he headed off towards the cafeteria. He stood in line until it was his turn for food. "Uh, t-thank you m-m'am. It l-looks re-really good." He beamed up at the person behind the counter. Jason wasn't the best when it came to talking to people, especially those he didn't know, but he wanted to try his best no matter what. He turned around and immediately tensed up. Where was he to go? It had been so long since his first day yet he hadn't made a single friend since then. In fact, he hadn't really talked to anyone that much at all. Jason sighed and went for an empty table where he sat down and started eating.
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

WaRtArIa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:11 pm

Legato Venari wrote:
Wartaria wrote:Rebecca chewed on the last half of her sandwich, and glanced at all the students around her empty table. Although it was true Rebecca did want a quiet lunch, Rebecca supposed that it wouldn’t hurt to interact with another student. Making friends with other people was a fun endeavor, one that usually overrided the need for quiet and serenity. Rebecca picked up her tray carefully and seemingly slid to the other table. She decided to speak with the awkward-looking shy boy. It was always fun to fluster or annoy those type of people. “Sziá, társ! Nice day, isn’t it? I’m Rebecca. Nice to meet ya.”

Legacy snapped to attention. A girl was talking to him for some reason or another. He quickly smiled and fucked up, putting on an exaggeration, a bit more like a picture smile with teeth than one for meeting a stranger. Fuck I already fucked up damnit! Ok calm down and chill. Just don't drop the smile instantly, teachers are watching, can't have them think that I'm anti social. Lower the smile down to warm. Keep eyes meeting just above the eyeline. Don't look at her tits. Don't look at her Tits. Blink every three seconds, don't breathe too deeply. Move to match her posture and body position. Don't go too forward, avoid being aggressive. Don't go too back, avoid being defensive. Don't stay silent too long she said hi a second ago. Keep your distance from Sis constant, no need to alter the relationship between us as deeply intimate or unstable.

"Hello, I'm Legacy Vargas and this here is my Sister Dawn. I don't believe that I've seen you around so would you do me the honor of your name miss??......."

Dawn

Dawn was startled at the Random girl just jumping over to there table. She didn't look particularly menacing but the worst delinquent girls were always unassuming. The fact that she was trying to interact with her brother didn't help at all. She looked across at him and saw him flicker with a touch of the confusion, throwing up a super star smile before simply giving her a normal friendly one, but the formality in his voice was extreme. He was trying hard not to break.

".....Dawn. I don't believe that I've seen you around so would you do me the honor of your name miss??......."

The mention of her name brought her back to reality. She quickly threw a hand onto his shoulder, and felt him deflate a bit, definitely calming him a bit.

Rebecca chuckled a bit at the reaction of the boy, Legacy. Rebecca thought it was a rather strange name, but it was no matter. He did seem a bit uptight, however. His sister, Dawn, looked unusually childlike for her age. Perhaps she had congenital growth hormone deficiency, or was just a prodigy child? It did look concerning. Rebecca plastered on a beaming smile. “Nice to meet you, Legacy and Dawn. I’m Rebecca Balaz, and I came from New York City—and before that, Budapest.”

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:32 pm

John "Jojo" Joslyn
Cafeteria
John had been about half way through his notes when some guy who stood next to his table. Without taking his head off his hand he signaled to the seat on the opposite side of John. He then went back to his notes. What a pain... as long as he doesn't bother me I'll let him sit here. John thought, eventually he stopped eating his bagel and egg where he then used his hat to cover his eyes and leaned back in the chair putting his hands in his pockets. With his eyes closed he decided to listen for a second to what's around him. He could hear some loud and upbeat girl a few tables down, most likely Rebecca. Sounds like she's at it again. John remembered how he shared a class with her last year. While she worked hard he found her very, very annoying. He remembered saying something mean to her, though what it was he could not recall. He could not remembered if he made her cry because of it, they didn't speak much after he said it though.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:21 am, edited 4 times in total.

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:34 pm

Wartaria wrote:
Legato Venari wrote:

Dawn

Rebecca chuckled a bit at the reaction of the boy, Legacy. Rebecca thought it was a rather strange name, but it was no matter. He did seem a bit uptight, however. His sister, Dawn, looked unusually childlike for her age. Perhaps she had congenital growth hormone deficiency, or was just a prodigy child? It did look concerning. Rebecca plastered on a beaming smile. “Nice to meet you, Legacy and Dawn. I’m Rebecca Balaz, and I came from New York City—and before that, Budapest.”

Dawn nodded at the pleasantries. This was another reason that she never interacted with anyone. While you couldn't exactly have a one person story, that didn't mean that interacting with people, making the pretense of acting civil, and not just leaving a conversation when it bored you was any easier. She tossed her hair over her shoulder, and smiled. "We come from California, the land of constant sun and excessive amounts of spray tan." She saw Legacy raising his eyebrow at this but just pinched him and continued. "What are you in here for?"
Might as well know how she fucked up no?

WaRtArIa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:24 pm

Legato Venari wrote:
Wartaria wrote:Rebecca chuckled a bit at the reaction of the boy, Legacy. Rebecca thought it was a rather strange name, but it was no matter. He did seem a bit uptight, however. His sister, Dawn, looked unusually childlike for her age. Perhaps she had congenital growth hormone deficiency, or was just a prodigy child? It did look concerning. Rebecca plastered on a beaming smile. “Nice to meet you, Legacy and Dawn. I’m Rebecca Balaz, and I came from New York City—and before that, Budapest.”

Dawn nodded at the pleasantries. This was another reason that she never interacted with anyone. While you couldn't exactly have a one person story, that didn't mean that interacting with people, making the pretense of acting civil, and not just leaving a conversation when it bored you was any easier. She tossed her hair over her shoulder, and smiled. "We come from California, the land of constant sun and excessive amounts of spray tan." She saw Legacy raising his eyebrow at this but just pinched him and continued. "What are you in here for?"

There was a brief silence and a heavy awkwardness permeating the atmosphere of the room. It seemed that Dawn had crossed into sensitive territory. After a few moments, Rebecca finally answered her question. "...I see...California does really seem like what I thought it was like, hm? The reason I am here is because my father thought I wasn't a good enough athlete to be his oh-so-precious little baby. It's sickening to me."

She said the word "father" with venom and repressed anger.

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:08 pm

Wartaria wrote:
Legato Venari wrote:

There was a brief silence and a heavy awkwardness permeating the atmosphere of the room. It seemed that Dawn had crossed into sensitive territory. After a few moments, Rebecca finally answered her question. "...I see...California does really seem like what I thought it was like, hm? The reason I am here is because my father thought I wasn't a good enough athlete to be his oh-so-precious little baby. It's sickening to me."

She said the word "father" with venom and repressed anger.

Dawn giggled and started laughing softly. " Your parents make you piss off because you're not good enough too? Jeez it's rough isn't it? Mine sent me here since I wasn't all girly and nice, and I didn't do everything they wanted me to. It's just so ridiculous." She threw her arms up in exasperation smacking Legacy in on the forehead with her arm. She winced and shrugged at him.
" Dawn, you should be fair. You hadn't gone to any school before this and you absolutely refused to leave your room for almost any reason. A split from home was probably the best, in fact." Legacy gave her a droll look, a rare spot of apathetic disinterest from him. He rarely did that, so it probably had reason behind it for social reasons. " Legacy, you got dragged along, can you say that mom had your best interest at heart?" "She has confidence, as misplaced as it is, in my capabilities to thrive in any environment. As such she simply hedged her bets with you." He seemed awfully bored, it was quite honestly kind of impressive.

Legacy

This was surprisingly easy to do, especially considering that he was surrounded by so many people.Dawn really didn't seem to see how badly her behavior had affected her, what with the nigh total disassociation with the outside world.

Legato Venari wrote: "Legacy you got dragged along, can you really say that mom had your best interests at heart? "

Jesus how do I respond to this? Agreement with her is the safest way to maintain a non damaged association between her and me. However our relationship is already solid, and unlikely to falter. We are in a brand new location though, so there might be a chance that we'll seperate due to natural social drifting. However mother has placed the directive of overseeing Dawn upon me. Also how is the perception of me from this fellow student? Knowledge of me is limited to whatever they have seen of me over these past few days, and this is the first instance of direct interaction. Maybe I did interact earlier and that may have already influenced her perception of me. Perhaps she didn't and acting upon the perception that she has could misalign two seperate perceptions and as such lead to a net negative gain in respectability. Even as such should I try and coin toss such an event? Allies are most certainly something that could come handy in a 'bad' school. However a bad perception could make her think of me as someone who is to be disliked. However it's more likely that it would simply lead to a overall neutral perception. She has shown some degree of interest in us, since she did initiate contact. Gragghh this is so confusing.
"She has confidence, as misplaced as it is, in my capabilities to thrive in any environment. As such she simply hedged her bets with you."
Keep a slightly apathetic face. Make slow time to table. Don't put excess pressure on the table. Related shoulders. Relax left shoulder more. Keep back mostly straight. Project confidence. Relax spinal posturing.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:30 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:John "Jojo" Joslyn
Cafeteria
John had been about half way through his notes when some guy who stood next to his table. Without taking his head off his hand he signaled to the seat on the opposite side of John. He then went back to his notes. What a pain... as long as he doesn't bother me I'll let him sit here. John thought, eventually he stopped eating his bagel and egg where he then used his hat to cover his eyes and leaned back in the chair putting his hands in his pockets. With his eyes closed he decided to listen for a second to what's around him. He could hear some loud and upbeat girl a few tables down, most likely Rebecca. Sounds like she's at it again. John remembered how he shared a class with her last year. While she worked hard he found her very, very annoying. He remembered saying something mean to her, though what it was he could not recall. He could not remembered if he made her cry because of it, they didn't speak much after he said it though.

Lev Zaslavsky

Lev raised an eyebrow suspiciously as John didn't even look up, just indicated the seat on the side of the table opposite him. No response, no verbal communication, nothing. "That won't do at all will it?", Lev said silently, in his mind all the while smirking smugly. Taking the seat, he put down his plate with the fried egg and bread roll along with the glass of orange juice. Giving it a few moments to hopefully make John think he would remain quiet and of course to enjoy a few bites of the egg. It looked as if it would be very enjoyable trying to get this guy to respond.

"So...John what do you think of it here?", Lev began, he had briefly considered asking why he was here but that would wait until he got some sort of other response first. Who knows maybe the boy could be friendship material? Or on the other hand, a person to steer clear of.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse