NATION

PASSWORD

Gnosis: Season of Samhain (Open/OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:14 pm

Jadwell wrote:Name: Marina Young
Profession: Unemployed
Nationality: American
DoB: 2000
Skills and Abilities: N/A
Physical description: (include ethnicity, height and weight. clothing and jewelry. Any identifiable marks & physical ailments or deformities) (Image)
Her ethnicity is 3/4 British and 1/4 Japanese and Korean. She is 5'7 and weighs 100 pounds
Psychological assessment:(personality, mental disorders, quirks, motivations.) Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorder. Marina is odd, because of this getting friends or any sort of relationship is difficult. Sometimes she will ignore you out of nowhere, talk to her *nonexistent* friends and such. Because of her bipolar disorder you never know what personality she will have.
Personal relationship: None.
Sexuality: (heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, asexual?) Regularly heterosexual, but sometimes she will 'change her mind'
Items and equipment: Pocket knife, her mother's golden watch, phone and a handheld fan
Dark Secrets: She once murdered several people, her pain method is stabbing them, pulling they're unconscious body into the darkness and either sexually abusing or hanging them. She also partook in several rituals, robbed, raped and assaulted when she was young, even being kidnapped.
Bio: Marina grew up in Detroit with her loving parents. However one day, everything changed. Marina's parents, when she was 5, found their daughter was diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Away they went, her parents just abandoned her in a dark alleyway somewhere in downtown Detroit, leaving her to whatever fate she would face. She then was commonly sexually abused, beaten, forced to perform rituals and robbed by criminal passersbys, messing up her crazy mind up worse than before.

All of this was commonplace, she was used to it, she even liked it most of the times, others her realistic side coming in, but usually fading away before she could do anything to save whatever bit of innocence she still had in herself. Once she was taken away by a strange-looking man and imprisoned, never seeing the light for 8 years. Now she was 16 and just escaped following the arrest of her kidnapper by police. They took her in for interrogation, but she murdered two police officers and escaped before reinforcements could arrive. She escaped to the place where she was since age 5, and was kidnapped once more in her sleep. But this time she was taken somewhere else, somewhere horrible, some place like hell. Roleplay experience: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=392542&p=30205320#p30205320
Theme song: (optional)
Random facts: (optional)

I'd accept this, but I'm sure she has some skills, right?
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Jadwell
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:27 pm

Britanania wrote:
Jadwell wrote:Name: Marina Young
Skills and Abilities: N/A
Physical description: (include ethnicity, height and weight. clothing and jewelry. Any identifiable marks & physical ailments or deformities) (Image)
Her ethnicity is 3/4 British and 1/4 Japanese and Korean. She is 5'7 and weighs 100 pounds
Psychological assessment:(personality, mental disorders, quirks, motivations.) Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorder. Marina is odd, because of this getting friends or any sort of relationship is difficult. Sometimes she will ignore you out of nowhere, talk to her *nonexistent* friends and such. Because of her bipolar disorder you never know what personality she will have.
Sexuality: (heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, asexual?) Regularly heterosexual, but sometimes she will 'change her mind'
Items and equipment: Pocket knife, her mother's golden watch, phone and a handheld fan
Dark Secrets: She once murdered several people, her pain method is stabbing them, pulling they're unconscious body into the darkness and either sexually abusing or hanging them, although more gruesome methods have been used. She also partook in several rituals, robbed, raped and assaulted when she was young, even being kidnapped.
Bio: Marina grew up in Detroit with her loving parents. However one day, everything changed. Marina's parents, when she was 5, found their daughter was diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Away they went, her parents just abandoned her in a dark alleyway somewhere in downtown Detroit, leaving her to whatever fate she would face. She then was commonly sexually abused, beaten, forced to perform rituals and robbed by criminal passersbys, messing up her crazy mind up worse than before.

All of this was commonplace, she was used to it, she even liked it most of the times, others her realistic side coming in, but usually fading away before she could do anything to save whatever bit of innocence she still had in herself. Once she was taken away by a strange-looking man and imprisoned, never seeing the light for 8 years. Now she was 16 and just escaped following the arrest of her kidnapper by police. They took her in for interrogation, but she murdered two police officers and escaped before reinforcements could arrive. She escaped to the place where she was since age 5, and was kidnapped once more in her sleep. But this time she was taken somewhere else, somewhere horrible, some place like hell. Roleplay experience: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=392542&p=30205320#p30205320
Theme song: (optional)
Random facts: (optional)

I'd accept this, but I'm sure she has some skills, right?

Like what? I mean abuse is the only thing shes experienced or done. Maybe killing people in sadistic ways?

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:35 pm

Jadwell wrote:
Britanania wrote:I'd accept this, but I'm sure she has some skills, right?

Like what? I mean abuse is the only thing shes experienced or done. Maybe killing people in sadistic ways?

Well, she's murdered people, so she has to have some type of skill with that pocket knife.
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Libertas Regionem
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertas Regionem » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:36 pm

Can I make my character a bit older?
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Partner of the LETA Trade Zone
News: John Podesta taken into custody after FBI Raid of Comet Pizza, center of the Pizzagate Scandal. / President Trump congratulates Marie Le Pen as France exits the EU and pressures other nations to do so. / Support for BLM decreasing extremely, says poll. / Congress passes Law to enforce EVerify systems at every place of employment as part of goal to decrease illegal immigration. / Islamic State steadily losing ground after American-Russian coalition begins. / "Russian Hacking" Conspiracy a Fraud, says new leaked CIA document.

The United Equstrian Front
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:40 pm

Libertas Regionem wrote:Can I make my character a bit older?

I would assume so.

Jadwell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:45 pm

Jadwell wrote:
Name: Marina Young
Skills and Abilities: Killing people and thieving.
Physical description: Image
Psychological assessment: Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorder. Marina is odd, because of this getting friends or any sort of relationship is difficult. Sometimes she will ignore you out of nowhere, talk to her *nonexistent* friends and such. Because of her bipolar disorder you never know what personality she will have.
Sexuality: Regularly heterosexual, but sometimes she will 'change her mind'
Dark Secrets: She once murdered several people, her pain method is stabbing them, pulling they're unconscious body into the darkness and either sexually abusing or hanging them. She also partook in several rituals, robbed, raped and assaulted when she was young, even being kidnapped.

Theme song:
Random facts:
Last edited by Jadwell on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:06 pm

New Minahasa wrote:Could one become a cultist or a gang/mafia member? I'd like to do some shizzle.

You can pick any of the two but to fit with Detroit I would suggest a gang member.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:06 pm

Jadwell wrote:...

Looks good to me.

Unless Naval has any objections

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Mundeo wrote:-------

Jadwell wrote:------

Both are accepted

The IC will be made later folks. I'm glad all of you wish to join the RP.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Jadwell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:21 pm

Naval Monte wrote:
Mundeo wrote:-------

Jadwell wrote:------

Both are accepted

The IC will be made later folks. I'm glad all of you wish to join the RP.

Can't RP tonight because of school. I'll be back around 2:00 ADT time.
PM of course.
Last edited by Jadwell on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:24 pm

Jadwell wrote:Can't RP tonight because of school. I'll be back around 2:00 ADT time.
PM of course.

Well lucky for you it would take me some time to make the IC since I overslept like crazy today. Right now I'm slowly waking up. In other news the archive for Gnosis is already made.

New Minahasa
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Minahasa » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:44 am

Name: Alfred "Alfie" Vitale.
Profession: None; currently a member of the Milazzo crime family.
Nationality: American (with Italian roots).
DoB: 30-11-1992.
Skills and Abilities: Guns handling, smoothtalker, agile.
Physical description: Alfred is an Italian-American. He weighs about 160 lbs, and stands 5'9 ft tall. His hair is crew cut and black, and the common brown eyes. He usually wears his navy varsity jacket and/or his brown hoodie, but would wear anything he could get his hands on.
Psychological assessment: Alfred is charismatic and serene, to the point where if he felt like robbing someone, he would actually smoothtalk his way into before resorting to violence. That brings us to his other personality. He's always been lazy and a kleptomaniac; stealing and robbing have been a hobby to him, instead of a necessity. Though he's been trying to slow down, aware that his miserable actions could lead him into disaster.
Personal relationship: He's been in close ties with his uncle and aunt, and had little to no presence of true parents. He was left by his biological parents as a child, with a reason so vague even for him, and luckily adopted by his uncle and aunt. He had a girlfriend before as well, but was dumped after he tried to steal her mother's jewelry.
Sexuality: Heterosexual.
Items and equipment: .357 Ruger LCR revolver and a butterfly knife.
Dark Secrets: Family secret. Alfred's parents had ties with a crime organization, and was forced to abandon their child in effort to keep him away from the crime life. Ironically, he became a mafia member.
Bio: Alfred was born in the slums of Detroit, a neighborhood heavily infested by Italian-Americans with rivalling mobs controlling the streets. His father was a member of one of the mobs, and had enemies on every corner. When Alfred was born, his father had bore a heavy debt from a mob. Armed thugs were after the family, and his parents took the fateful decision to let Alfred's uncle and aunt to adopt and maintain him. Alfred was never aware of the event. But now, ironically, as an adult, he was put into the ranks of one of the mobs instead, preying upon the streets of Detroit.
Roleplay experience: Here I Stand, Woes of the Saviour.
Theme song:
Random facts: Alfred's boutta mug you on the streets Al Capone style.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:54 am

New Minahasa wrote:---

Accepted

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:38 pm

The IC is out everybody, check the link on the OP.

Daltheria
Secretary

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Daltheria » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:52 pm

Name:Allan Kent
Profession: Freelance Photographer
DoB: 10/13/1995
Skills and Abilities:Climbing, parkour and freerunning: Allan is very agile and can get up onto anything he needs to and has learned that there is always a way to get into a building or a way up to the top. This also comes in handy if he needs to escape prusuers.

Urban Explorer: One of his hobbies, it has taught him on to move silently and quickly, he knows how to blend into the darkness and can escape prusurers this way.<br>

Hunter: His second foster dad always loved hunting and would take Allan with him, Allan knows how to track animals (homo sapiens are easy to track). This also taught him how to stalk, move quietly without his quarry knowing he is being hunted

Guns: Allans no soldier but one of his foster dads was a cop and taught him how to use various firearms, Allan is a great shot (though he never had to shoot under extreme stress ie. in combat).

Hand to hand: Allan grew up in orphanages and foster homes, he needed to learn how to defend himself and through trial and error he has. He's no batman but he can hold his own
Physical description: Allan Kent is 6'1 and weighs about 160 lbs, though most of his weight is muscle. He has long brown unkempt hair and his eyes are blue. He never met his parents so he cant know his true linage but he appears to be of european decent. He has a few scars on his wrists and dark circles under his eyes. He looks young with most assuming that he's a teenager, though the dark circles under his eyes can make him look old. He loves to wear hoodies and almost always has one on. He usually wears dark colors, he also usually has at least one earbud in so he can listen to music, if they're not in his ears they dangle out of his collar. He also likes to wear a scarf so he can cover his mouth if needed and gloves with the fingers cut of to protect his hands while climbing. He always has a backpack to carry his stuff.
Psychological assessment: Fairly stable. He's very quiet and serious and finds it hard to trust others. He does have a bit of anxiety and when it's a bad day his hands can tremble involuntarily, though when he notices it he can stop it. He bottles up all his emotions.
Personal relationship: Allan is a foster child and has no set home and no family. He has had a few girlfriends but he tends to be a loner. He knows no one in the city.
Sexuality: heterosexual
Items and equipment: Scarf, gloves, ipod, phone (can be used as a flashlight), knife, pepper spray, 2 flashlights, rope, respirator, rubber soled boots, Camera and camcorder, Laptop.
Dark Secrets: Allan was rescued by police officers when he was a toddler. Though he never really talks about it, he was allowed to read his case file and he learned that his parents were homeless lowranking cultists. They only had himt to supply a sacrifice for thier rituals. The police manged to rescue him before he was sacrficed, but being in close proximity of the ritual may have had side effects. His parents may still be alive.
Bio: Allan was abandoned by his parents when the police rescued him from thier cult. He was raised in an orphange and grew up as a foster child moving from home to home, sometimes staying in a home only for a few days. He had a rough childhood and was often targeted by bullies. He managed to graduate highschool and start a fairly stable life, working and saving up to go to college. He got into urban exploration during this time. He explored abandonments in his hometown and state. He also made some money on urbex by selling his photos to magazines and doing photoshoots for people in local abandonments.
However one trip went horribly wrong. He heard rumors of an abandoned mental institution in the forest near his town. Excited by the prospect of a new location he set out that same night to explore it. He climbed in through a window and began to explore the place
At first all went well, he got some good shots and was enjoying exploring the large building. But as he decsended into the utility levels he saw evidence of squatters. Unfazed he moved forward.
He eventually reached the basement and what he found horrifyed him. A rotting body, puffed up and putrfying lay splayed in the midddle of the room, burnt out candles lay scattered about. By this point Allan has read his case file and knew of his origin and how close he had come to sharing the same fate. Sickened he stumbled out of the room. He was sickened by the sight of the body but more so by the symbol he had seen. He recognized it, a red circle on the wall, the painter had allowed the paint (blood) to run, giving the illusion of roots running through the earth. The red circle, he had seen a photo of the symbol in his case file, his parents were members of the red circle. Luckily he didnt run into anyone on his way out of the building. The though of living so close to the people who had tried to kill him as an infant made him sick. Thus Allan packed his things and left, he felt compelled to go to Detroit, the big city. He didnt know why but he just knew it was the right thing to do.
Roleplay experience:Well thing is... I'm new to rp'ing,(though I love to write) so I dont have any
Random facts: Allan cannot confirm nor deny if he is being followed a demon or not.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:57 pm

Daltheria wrote:------

Give us an example of you rping to see how good you are.

Formerland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Formerland » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:58 pm

Hi , questions. looks like some research has been done about the occult. would a character without powers be able to activate sigils and such ?

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:03 pm

Formerland wrote:Hi , questions. looks like some research has been done about the occult. would a character without powers be able to activate sigils and such ?

The magic in this setting is powerful that a normal person can do it so in a way yes, they could. But they would first have to learn how to activate them and there is still the fact that the sigil can go bersek without a train practitioner behind the helm. Plus magic here always has a price because it isn't free. That's one of the reasons magic is kept a secret in this world, it has the potential of everyone knowing how to use it. Though in truth only those with the will, dedication (some might say obsession), and aptitude can study and use magic for practical effects.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Formerland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Formerland » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:07 pm

Naval Monte wrote:
Formerland wrote:Hi , questions. looks like some research has been done about the occult. would a character without powers be able to activate sigils and such ?

The magic in this setting is powerful that a normal person can do it so in a way yes, they could. But they would first have to learn how to activate them and there is still the fact that the sigil can go bersek without a train practitioner behind the helm. Plus magic here always has a price because it isn't free.

So forbidden knowledge could allow use of sigils , with unstable results?

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:08 pm

Formerland wrote:
Naval Monte wrote:
The magic in this setting is powerful that a normal person can do it so in a way yes, they could. But they would first have to learn how to activate them and there is still the fact that the sigil can go bersek without a train practitioner behind the helm. Plus magic here always has a price because it isn't free.

Unstable and terrible results.

Law of equivalent exchange, after all.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:10 pm

Formerland wrote:
Naval Monte wrote:

That and occult experience. So you want to have sigil magic?

Daltheria
Secretary

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Daltheria » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:11 pm

Naval Monte wrote:
Daltheria wrote:------

What do you mean by that?

Formerland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Formerland » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:13 pm

Naval Monte wrote:
Formerland wrote:So forbidden knowledge could allow use of sigils , with unstable results?

I'm just wondering , I am actually quite educated in the occult and was super pumped when I saw this in the scroll. If i can have sigil magick that'd be great but i'm totally okay with not having it too.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:17 pm

Daltheria wrote:
Naval Monte wrote:

What do you mean by that?

As in, write out what your first post would be, so we can see what kind of RPer you are.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:18 pm

Formerland wrote:
Naval Monte wrote:

I'm just wondering , I am actually quite educated in the occult and was super pumped when I saw this in the scroll. If i can have sigil magick that'd be great but i'm totally okay with not having it too.

You can use it since you can only use one supernatural power. Might as well make use with that one power, but don't forget to give your character normal abilities and skills since there will be times where using them would be more useful then the supernatural ones.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse