NATION

PASSWORD

Gnosis: Season of Samhain (Open/OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:48 pm

Danceria wrote:
Shark isle wrote:Do you mean you want the same cult involved in my character's backstory in your's too?

Well, I wasn't sure about OP but here was the backstory:

The Cult of Solid Snake(tm)'s goal was to obtain immortality, and they found out how to do so, in the form of ghosts living in other people's bodies, and parasiting off of their own spirits. Rinse and repeat until spirit is at desired strength (how my ghost managed to stay "alive" (IE not fade and reincarnate)). However, in order to begin the process, blood sacrifice must be obtained. In the gangster's case, ("Snake Eyes" Johnson), his eyes were removed, in order to create the perfect body/host for their leader. Your character could either be the Chosen One(tm), or yet another baby offered up to continue the Solid Snake Cult(tm)'s legacy.
Naval Monte wrote:
Probably give your character some heads up on trouble coming and occasionally take control over his body.

Yeah, would you mind if some artifact was used so that way my character could see dead people/ghosts/those of the paranormal persuasion?

Well my character's parent's cult is just dedicated to worshipping a unknown snake god. This devotion has led to many human sacrifices. Oddly enough, snakes aren't scared of the cultists.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:56 pm

Rygondria wrote:Would a private eye with Drinking issues be acceptable.

Yes. But do add more than just them being an alcoholic.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:14 pm

Do you want a sample of my first post in the rp?
Last edited by Shark isle on Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:16 pm

Naval Monte wrote:
Rygondria wrote:Would a private eye with Drinking issues be acceptable.

already had a few ideas in mind
Last edited by Rygondria on Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Shark isle wrote:Do you want a sample of my first post in the rp?

Tg it to me.

Rygondria wrote:
Naval Monte wrote:

already had a few ideas in mind

Want to share them on the tg or do you want to surprise me?
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014

Postby Insaeldor » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:44 pm

Name: David Marttinen

Profession: Security Guard

Nationality: American

DoB: 9/10/1991

Skills and Abilities: minor physic abilities, Able to move small objects freely as well as minor ability to detect the spirits of other people, alive or dead. He also has adept fire arm skills, due to his line of work he's required to train with his pistol every few months and tested every year.

Physical description: David is a fairly tall white male, standing a firm six feet tall with a svelte figure of 155 lbs. His face is slightly boxy with a broad and well defined jaw line and cleft chin. David had an aquiline nose and he's got wavy hair that he usually keeps combed back to make it managed. His left eye is blue while his right eye is a deep brown. Dresses mostly in T-shirts and jeans with a worn pair of work boots that he wears for both work and casually. His work uniform is a white button down shirt with the logo of the security company he works for and a pair of black slacks. when it gets cold out he will wear a tan Eisenhower jacket.

Psychological assessment: Anxious, find it hard to trust people, always worried about walking into "unfriendly" spirits that he's able to interact with. keeps himself shut in when not at work. somewhat anti-social in his behavior.

Personal relationship: Aside from minor friendly relations with his coworkers he has no meaningful personal relationships.

Sexuality: heterosexual

Items and equipment:
At work
-Beretta 92
-Baton
At Home
-CZ 52 pistol
-4 Magazines of 7.62 Tokarev
-Knife
-Motorola cell phone

Dark Secrets: Occult experience

Bio: David was born in the Town of Sault Ste. Marie in the Upper Paninsula. While he loved his first few years in a small home his parents eventually moved out to a Cabin deep in the forests southeast of the town. It was there that his parents grew more into the occult. He noticed as a young child many strange occurances from the feeling of "invisible people" walking around the cabin, to weird noises and footprints outside, however he never thought much of it outside of the occasional sleepless night. It was when his parents started to take on noticeable personality and in some cases physical changes he started to worry.

His mothers hair slowly started turning a deep gray as her flaxen hair started to fade. His father started to get deep wrinkles in his otherwise youthful face. He could also more predominantly hear the sounds of two or three talking entities in hushed tones whenever he was at the house and at various times. This would get worse when his parents, dressed in all black would leave into the forests.

As his parents started to decline in both health and sanity they started looking at David with unclear intent, they had for years been a part of an occult society which aimed at seeking immortality. His parents noticed he had a keen eye for noticing much of the supernatural experiences that plagued much of the cabin. They eventually grew to think he was a conduit between the spiritual realm and earth. When he was 7 years old his parents took him out to the field where they met up with other occultist near their home. He was quickly tied down and placed in the center of a ritual circle, the attempt being to use him as a portal to the spiritual realm and to summon a demon to hopefully fulfill their wishes. The fear induced by this event caused David to pass out, he awoke presumably a few days later to see nothing but the empty robes of the occultist that had tried to use him in their ritual.

The half naked David ran through the forests of the upper peninsula for hours until he hit highway 221 where condemned citizens called the cops. He was taken into their custody for awhile while they identified him and investigated his old house. His closest family was his aunt Miriam who was the first to notice that one of his light icy blue eyes had changed to a deep brown, she didn't worry about it to much and never got it checked out assuming it to be nothing serious.

Miriam eventually gained custody of David and brought him down to Detroit with her to live. He has lived a mostly average life, trying to forget the events of his life while in the cabin and the disappearance of his parents. He eventually finished his GED and got a job as a security guard for a security contracting company. He's lived a lonely but otherwise average life, however lately he's noticed strange things going on. When he walks home from work he can typically see strange white figures in the ally ways. He's also noticed that he move small objects simply by looking at them. While nothing significant in his eyes it has brought s curiosity upon him and he's started to read into much of the occult things his parents once participated in.

Roleplay experience: Halls of Hel

Theme song:
Random facts:
Last edited by Insaeldor on Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:31 pm

I'm currently working on an app for a forensic scientist, but I won't be able to finish it until tomorrow.
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:37 pm

I telegrammed the first post.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:57 pm

Can you tell me some of the edits you made to the snake cult?

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:32 pm

Shark isle wrote:Can you tell me some of the edits you made to the snake cult?

I won't say it, no one likes spoilers. Also Insaeldor is now the third co-op and I will make a change to the rules due to this one having problems with people forgetting that it exists. You guys now have the chances of gaining supernatural powers. But you can only have one and they have to be minor. Co-ops and myself can have either multiple or one major power. However nothing is free in this world so your powers must come at a price.

Also if I accepted your character as a normal person you can not edit in sudden supernatural powers, you will have to make a new character with those powers.

Insaeldor wrote:------

Accepted
Last edited by Naval Monte on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:12 pm

Britanania wrote:----

Accepted

Just waiting for a few more apps before I can open the IC.

The United Equstrian Front
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:58 pm

Name: Katie "The Horn" Browns
Profession: Disc Jockey

DoB: January 14th 1992
Skills and Abilities: Is a natural editor and programmer , along with some knowledge of technical engineering. Along with being able to "speak" in sign language.

Physical description: she's 5"11 and usually seen wearing sweats hoodie and a skull shirt underneath hoodie. On stage though she wears a three piece suit with a fedora to cover her red streaked hair and wears a unicorn mask, also has a tattoo of a line of butterflies going across her back.

Psychological assessment:An extroverted woman with a burning passion for music and the strange. Seems to have a craving of attention and class, on the flip side her optimism built her up to be a role model for the musically talented. The downside though she cant see herself being that person even if she's met with overwhelming evidence saying she is, her lack of a voice doesn't help either.
Personal relationship: None at the moment.
Sexuality: Bisexual
Items and equipment: Her DJ mask and suit along with her laptop that has most of her programming and editing software on it. Along with a duffle-bag with some food and a back up laptop. Her Iphone and a set of nice shades.
Dark Secrets: A pale being stole her voice at the age of 10. Due to 'payment'

Bio: Katie Brown is what you'd call a sunshine and rainbows girl who loves attention and couldn't just settle with one hobby. She soon found her calling in music. But only three weeks into school she witnessed a ritual of sorts, the only thing she remembers from the event was a pale thing touching her throat. After that she had to learn sign language and was home-schooled for most of her life, during this time she learned her two gifts, her editing and programming. At the age of 16 she discovered dubstep and learned how to be a DJ, soon her passion for music came back full force and her two tech savvy parents helped her build her first laptop. After that she did a small show in the local park dressed in her father's work suit and fedora, along with a unicorn mask her mom made. Soon after that her show blown up on the internet and fans clamored for a name, at 18 she moved to Detroit since the houses were so unbelievably cheap. She didn't stay long before she went on tour through the Midwest and West Coast. After the tour she came back to her house and made her 2 albums "Dreams of the Underground" and "Kritikal Mass!" each bringing in about 10,000$ each. After two years she left Detroit to tour abroad, a year later she came back early and is slowly churning out her fourth album "The Panic Inside".

Roleplay experience: You know me Monte. But yeah a nice set of Rps notched in my belt.
Theme song: Pretty ironic if you think about it.
Random facts: Loves hot pockets and cant get enough of Dr.Pepper.

Will edit if needed.
Last edited by The United Equstrian Front on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kaidou
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:24 pm

The list of cast members needs to be updated. :/

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:33 pm

Kaidou wrote:The list of cast members needs to be updated. :/

I know mate. I will get right on to it.

Libertas Regionem
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertas Regionem » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:59 am

Mund and I talked about it, and we decided our characters would be working together.
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Partner of the LETA Trade Zone
News: John Podesta taken into custody after FBI Raid of Comet Pizza, center of the Pizzagate Scandal. / President Trump congratulates Marie Le Pen as France exits the EU and pressures other nations to do so. / Support for BLM decreasing extremely, says poll. / Congress passes Law to enforce EVerify systems at every place of employment as part of goal to decrease illegal immigration. / Islamic State steadily losing ground after American-Russian coalition begins. / "Russian Hacking" Conspiracy a Fraud, says new leaked CIA document.

New Minahasa
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Minahasa » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:57 am

Could one become a cultist or a gang/mafia member? I'd like to do some shizzle.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:40 am

Name: Michael Finch
Profession: Forensic Scientist for DPD
DoB: April 13, 1990
Skills and Abilities:
  • Genius level intellect
  • Expertise in forensic science, chemistry, biology, and physics
  • The mighty power of Detective Mode deduction
Physical description: Average height and a slim physique, with fair skin, short brown hair, and green eyes. He usually wears a lapelled coat of a cool or dark color, usually black or dark blue, over a neutral colored button-dirt, usually gray. He sometimes wears a tie or bowtie, and wears black dress shoes.
Psychological assessment: Michael may be intelligent, but he is a bit clumsy. Combine this with an acute case of social awkwardness, and you have someone who often ends up tripping over his own words. Despite that, he tries to be kind and helpful to anyone he meets. He was a strong sense of morals and justice; after all, that is why he became a forensic scientist. And when it comes to his job, he doesn't know any other way of doing than to dive into it head first.
Personal relationship:
Marisa Finch - His mother.
Jay Finch - His late father.
Abigail Marlow - His aunt and adoptive mother.
John Marlow - His adoptive father.
Thomas Marlow - Michael's cousin, adoptive brother, and good friend, as well an officer in the DPD.
Anthony Casteliano - Michael's boss, basically, the guy who sends him on the majority of his cases.
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Items and equipment:
  • CSI Equipment
  • Forensics Equipment (At lab at DPD)
  • Flashlight
  • Notepad w/ two pens
  • Smith and Wesson M&P
Dark Secrets:
Curse - Michael doesn't know what, but his father did something that resulted in him being killed in the most bizarre and brutal fashion. He fears that me may share a similar fate.

Forbidden Knowledge - Captain Casteliano has been sending Michael to investigate some bizarre crime scenes lately. Whatever happened, it isn't natural.

Insanity - Whatever resulted his father's death left his mother insane. Michael had to go through some therapy himself, and might be a bit obsessed with solving his father's murder, especially after recent events.

Victim of Crime - At the age of eight, his father was murdered.

Bio: You can say that Michael's early childhood was normal, living in an upper-class family in the northwestern suburbs of Detroit. His father was a wealthy man, having worked his way to the top of a wealthy corporation. Michael doesn't remember what exact company it was, but it was big, and his father started at the very bottom of the corporate latter and miraculously made his way to the CEO position. Little did he know that his father's success was no miracle, and that his success would come at a price.

Michael was eight years old when it happened. He stepped off the school bus to find his house surrounded in yellow tape. Not a single officer or investigator noticed the child sprinting into his home, and couldn't stop him before he caught a glimpse of the horrendous scene. His father was murdered, in a way that was both terrible and unable to comprehend. On the wall was his father, his limbs extended, his skin pale, and blood trailing out of his eyes, ears, and mouth. There was blood everywhere. On the floor in front of him was some sort of symbol, the one clue as to the true nature of the event. Sitting in the corner was his mother, craddling her legs with her eyes wide before she was taken away to a mental hospital. The mere glimpse of the scene was enough to land Michael in therapy for the next year.

Instead of an orphanage, Michael was fortunate to be taken into the care of his aunt, Rebecca. Nonetheless, the event left him a quiet husk who spoke to no one, and no one wanted to speak to him. Of course, he improved over the years, but for those first few the only person that he talked to was his adoptive brother, Tommy. He always said that he wanted to become a police officer, but despite his childish dreams, he would in fact become one when he green up. It was Tommy that reinforced Michael's sense of justice, which was born out of his goal to find out what happened to his father.

The years went on. Michael finished grade school, then college, then became a forensic scientist. At first, he was considering joining Tommy on the police force, but because he had more brains than brawn, and certainly not enough courage, he decided that forensics was the more optimal path to choose. It would be at the DPD that he would find the second person that he would open up to: Anthony Casteliano, the captain that he was assigned to. He was only able to relate to the stoic police officer after learning about the murder surrounding his family, where he felt that he was able to share about the one surrounding his own.

The cases that Captain Casteliano sent him to investigate started off as being basic: thefts, muggings, and murders in the inner city. Then, Michael was sent to investigate more... strange cases, that gave off the same feeling of the unnatural that his father's murder gave him. Then, there was the one case that started everything. A murder, like most of his cases, but the scene of the crime was exactly like that of his father. Not only that, but there were actually a string of murders going even further back than his father's that were all the same. Now, Michael found himself being thrusted into the world of the supernatural.
Roleplay experience: TAO and TAO: Age of Nothingness. You know me, Naval.
Theme song:
Random facts:
Have at you!

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:53 am

Looks pretty good, I'll let Naval be the final judge but I like the idea of yours and Libertas's characters working together on the onset of the RP.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:30 am

Surprised I didn't notice this earlier.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:31 pm

New Minahasa wrote:Could one become a cultist or a gang/mafia member? I'd like to do some shizzle.

Although I'm not a Co-op, I'd guess so, since one of the secrets; Family Secret; involves being a part of a cult/gang, or having ties so a supernatural entity.
Last edited by Mundeo on Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have at you!

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Mundeo wrote:
New Minahasa wrote:Could one become a cultist or a gang/mafia member? I'd like to do some shizzle.

Although I'm not a Co-op, I'd guess so, since one of the secrets; Family Secret; involves being a part of a cult/gang, or having ties so a supernatural entity.

Id say being a gang member or a mafia member who stumbles into the occult would be the best way to go through with this idea.

The United Equstrian Front
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:54 pm

Yeah seems cool. All I'm waiting for is the IC and more Inte- I mean Apps.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:08 pm

I think with nine character we should have enough characters to start the IC.

Jadwell
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:34 pm

Name: Marina Young
Profession: Unemployed
DoB: 2000
Skills and Abilities: N/A
Physical description: (include ethnicity, height and weight. clothing and jewelry. Any identifiable marks & physical ailments or deformities) Image
Her ethnicity is 3/4 British and 1/4 Japanese and Korean. She is 5'7 and weighs 100 pounds
Psychological assessment:(personality, mental disorders, quirks, motivations.) Bipolar disorder. Marina is odd, because of this getting friends or any sort of relationship is difficult. Sometimes she will ignore you out of nowhere, talk to her *nonexistent* friends and such. Because of her bipolar disorder you never know what personality she will have.
Personal relationship: None.
Sexuality: (heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, asexual?) Regularly heterosexual, but sometimes she will 'change her mind'
Items and equipment: Pocket knife, her mother's golden watch, phone and a handheld fan
Dark Secrets: She once murdered several people, her pain method is stabbing them, pulling they're unconscious body into the darkness and either sexually abusing or hanging them. She also partook in several rituals, robbed, raped and assaulted when she was young, even being kidnapped.
Bio: Marina grew up in Detroit with her loving parents. However one day, everything changed. Marina's parents, when she was 5, found their daughter was diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Away they went, her parents just abandoned her in a dark alleyway somewhere in downtown Detroit, leaving her to whatever fate she would face. She then was commonly sexually abused, beaten, forced to perform rituals and robbed by criminal passersbys, messing up her crazy mind up worse than before.

All of this was commonplace, she was used to it, she even liked it most of the times, others her realistic side coming in, but usually fading away before she could do anything to save whatever bit of innocence she still had in herself. Once she was taken away by a strange-looking man and imprisoned, never seeing the light for 8 years. Now she was 16 and just escaped following the arrest of her kidnapper by police. They took her in for interrogation, but she murdered two police officers and escaped before reinforcements could arrive. She escaped to the place where she was since age 5, and was kidnapped once more in her sleep. But this time she was taken somewhere else, somewhere horrible, some place like hell. Roleplay experience: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=392542&p=30205320#p30205320
Theme song: (optional)
Random facts: (optional)
Last edited by Jadwell on Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jadwell
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:58 pm

Finished my app. Gotta have my bath though.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse