NATION

PASSWORD

Gnosis: Season of Samhain (Open/OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:42 am

Naval Monte wrote:
Shark isle wrote:

Just keep him from being a clown and I'm cool with him. Accepted.

I won't make him a clown. Also, my guy is good wit martial arts because he took some classes while in school.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:45 am

Shark isle wrote:
Naval Monte wrote:
Just keep him from being a clown and I'm cool with him. Accepted.

I won't make him a clown. Also, my guy is good wit martial arts because he took some classes while in school.

I would have liked to see that fact on the bio but that is a small detail that I'm going to overlook that for now. But in the future folks don't let things slip out from your character's bios.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:47 am

Naval Monte wrote:
Shark isle wrote:I won't make him a clown. Also, my guy is good wit martial arts because he took some classes while in school.

I would have liked to see that fact on the bio but that is a small detail that I'm going to overlook that for now. But in the future folks don't let things slip out from your character's bios.

Sorry about that. Also, the most comedy you will see out of him is at his show at the beginning of the rp. Assuming any PC would see the show.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:12 am

Shark isle wrote:
Naval Monte wrote:

Sorry about that. Also, the most comedy you will see out of him is at his show at the beginning of the rp. Assuming any PC would see the show.

I'm waiting for more apps before I can start the game and if people want to roleplay multiple characters they can do that, but I will limit the number of active characters a person has to three to make things easy for everyone.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:36 am

If Bill dies, I will replace him with Mikey or John.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:41 am

Tag.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:45 am

As far as mental illnesses, would a split personality/schizophrenia a la Norman Bates or John Nash be cool, save with mild demonic powers...

Or what?
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:50 am

I won't be able to make an app until around 6 EST, but I'm thinking of making forensic scientist who ends up on a case regarding the supernatural
Last edited by Mundeo on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Libertas Regionem
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertas Regionem » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:16 am

Mundeo wrote:I won't be able to make an app until around 6 EST, but I'm thinking of making forensic scientist who ends up on a case regarding the supernatural

I'm assuming he'd be working with my Officer.
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Partner of the LETA Trade Zone
News: John Podesta taken into custody after FBI Raid of Comet Pizza, center of the Pizzagate Scandal. / President Trump congratulates Marie Le Pen as France exits the EU and pressures other nations to do so. / Support for BLM decreasing extremely, says poll. / Congress passes Law to enforce EVerify systems at every place of employment as part of goal to decrease illegal immigration. / Islamic State steadily losing ground after American-Russian coalition begins. / "Russian Hacking" Conspiracy a Fraud, says new leaked CIA document.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:39 am

What sort of cults are there in this Universe?
Obligatory Quotes below

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:22 am

Danceria wrote:What sort of cults are there in this Universe?

You have plenty of cults, so much that I ended up making a list of different types that exist in this setting. You have the religious types which is self explanatory. You have the guardian cults, cults made to protect something important, often tied to some religious faith or something of occult significance. You also have knowledge seeking cults that are as the name suggest, seekers of knowledge and truth. You have power groups cults that take on a cultic form to hide the fact that they want to gain power and influence, it's very easy for them to disguise themselves as some of the other types of cults like the religious or knowledge ones. The Illuminati types aren't interested in taking over the world as more of revealing hidden truths and secrets to the world, living up to their name. They wish to enlighten humanity with the knowledge of both magic and the supernatural. These cults have many different cells and are the rarest types of cults.

The perversion cults are like the power group in that they disguise themselves but unlike the power group these guys seek out dark desires and pleasures that society does not allow or does but frowns upon it. The most common type of these guys is sex cults. These are the cults that give rise to stories about stolen and abused children, ritualistic murders, and orgies of violence. Not all cults from this type are bad but they diffidently attract a lot of bad apples.

The last group that I would mention are the surveillance cults are the ones who monitor the activities of other cults and deal with them if they become a problem, often in the pretext that they have become a criminal or terrorist group. These are the guys who take out the more dangerous cults and make sure that the occult underground stays underground and is not known by the general public. Many knowledge seeking and enlightenment cults are often enemies against this type as they don't like their policy of deception and when these cults go in to stop others these types of cults get destroyed as well.

It should be noted that in the Occult Underground the terms cults and cabal tends to be used interchangeably even if said groups prefer not to be called a cult or even if they don't fit the image of one. In the Underground the term cult isn't just used for an occult society who preforms religious rites and worships some non-human being. It can be used for any secret group whose goals ultimately ties them with the supernatural half of the world.

On a final note when it comes to morality that differes greatly from group to group. Some can fall into good or decent while others are more devious and insidious. You also have your grey hat cults, not too bad but not too good. The moral spectrum is all over the place in the Underground.

Danceria wrote:As far as mental illnesses, would a split personality/schizophrenia a la Norman Bates or John Nash be cool, save with mild demonic powers...

Or what?

Co-ops and me are the only ones allowed with supernatural powers sadly but you can have a demon haunting and possessing your character. Though you and me would be controlling the demon. The split personality and schizophrenia is okay.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:38 am

What kind of cult would the snake cult that tried to sacrifice my character be considered?

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:42 am

Shark isle wrote:What kind of cult would the snake cult that tried to sacrifice my character be considered?

Religious since for them the worship of a god is important. I wouldn't worry too much on the types, if you want a cult in your backstory made a cult. Chances are they would fit somewhere on my little list even if you weren't thinking about it.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:45 am

Naval Monte wrote:
Shark isle wrote:What kind of cult would the snake cult that tried to sacrifice my character be considered?

Religious since for them the worship of a god is important. I wouldn't worry too much on the types, if you want a cult in your backstory made a cult. Chances are they would fit somewhere on my little list even if you weren't thinking about it.

Alright. Also, is it bad that I can picture my guy's fear of snakes manifesting itself in this rp like in a Silent Hill-like game?

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:48 am

Shark isle wrote:
Naval Monte wrote:

Alright. Also, is it bad that I can picture my guy's fear of snakes manifesting itself in this rp like in a Silent Hill-like game?

I plead the fifth on this question.

Mundeo wrote:I won't be able to make an app until around 6 EST, but I'm thinking of making forensic scientist who ends up on a case regarding the supernatural

Libertas Regionem wrote:

I'm assuming he'd be working with my Officer.

I think having a partnership like that would be interesting. It would give your characters a reason to be together.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:11 pm

Name: Caitlyn "Caitie" Grey

Profession: Secretary to the Cabinet Secretary of the United Kingdom

Nationality: British (English)

DoB: 30 January, 1990

Skills and Abilities:

Genius level intellect: She posses an IQ of roughly 155
Combat expertise: With firearms and explosives
Chronoprohiberis: Caitie can stop time for about three minutes. During the three minutes (relative to her), she is the only for which time flows normally.

Physical description: Caitie is blonde with pale blue eyes. She has a petite build, standing at 5 foot 4 inches, and weighting in at 98 pounds. She is a fashionable woman, preferring Gianfranco Ferré and Christian Dior labels. Although beautiful, she doesn't stand noticeably out.

Psychological assessment: Caitie is egocentric and psychopathic, as well as obsessive compulsive. On the surface she is courteous, cultured, and sophisticated. Behind the facade of a seemingly normal existence, she hides frequent murderous tendencies. Her victims may seem random, but she signals out those who exhibit poor taste or bad manners. She also kills those she views as degenerate, such as rapists. Caitie also exhibits a sadistic behaviour, and gains pleasure from gruesome and painful killings.

However, Caitie is also goal orientated, and her obsessive personality leads her towards this dark secret...

Personal relationship: None of significance, at least in human understandings.

Sexuality: Asexual.

Items and equipment:

2x Glock 43

1X Ruger LCP

5x Throwing Knives

1x Butterfly Knife

Several small bombs

Dark Secrets: I'll TG you the details

Bio:

Caitie was born into the aristocratic Grey Family, the titular Lords of Dollington in the West Country, not far from Gloucester. Her father, Lord Charles Grey, 12th Earl Dollington, was a member of the House of Lords and one of England's largest landowners. Her mother, Matilda, was a French witch of considerable power and knowledge. Both of Caitie's parent's died before she was fifteen; her father from cancer, and her mother from an unknown ailment.

Even before her parents' deaths, however, Caitie displayed abnormal behaviour. Even as a young child she was incredibely intelligent; by the age of twelve, she was able to recite the entire Necrominicon--without having even seen the grimoire. Around the time of her mother's death, when Caitie was fourteen, she had already developed her Chronoprohiberis abilities. It was also at this time that she began her milling spree. She began using bombs as a way of disposing of her victims, leaving no traces

Caitie graudated from Oxford University, having studied English literature. Almost immedaitely thereafter she moved to London and began working in a carrer in poltics. Her family connexions and intelligence allowed her to progress quickly, becoming Secretary to the Cabinet Secretary of the United Kingdom by the age of 25.

Currently, she is in Detroit on business...

Roleplay experience: Lol

Theme song:
Last edited by Britanania on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Slenderman The CreepyPasta King
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Slenderman The CreepyPasta King » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:11 pm

Tag!
☻/
/▌ The slenderman is always watching.
/ \
http://www.youtube.com/user/ClubPenguinajl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSTlbpf4Dxo
https://youtu.be/f_GC8wiEuXo
https://youtu.be/mQfcFjzWuX8
Check out my YouTube channel! Some Links are above! ^

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:18 pm

Shark isle wrote:
Naval Monte wrote:

Hey, at least you're not thinking about ripping off Norman Bates, Fran Bow, and Shadow of Mordor, with basically a kid suffering from spiritual enhanced split personality disorder.

(For OP, this means that a gangster back in the days of Prohibition gets stabbed in the back by his buddy, who's in charge of the whackier, more power-hungry cults. Due to the mystical nature of the Cult, the gangster survives (in ethereal form) and bums around until he finds a lad/orphan and the rest is history. I was hoping that maybe the cult could be the same as the snake god thing, as it may add some continuity...?)
Last edited by Danceria on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obligatory Quotes below

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:35 pm

Danceria wrote:
Shark isle wrote:Alright. Also, is it bad that I can picture my guy's fear of snakes manifesting itself in this rp like in a Silent Hill-like game?

Hey, at least you're not thinking about ripping off Norman Bates, Fran Bow, and Shadow of Mordor, with basically a kid suffering from spiritual enhanced split personality disorder.

(For OP, this means that a gangster back in the days of Prohibition gets stabbed in the back by his buddy, who's in charge of the whackier, more power-hungry cults. Due to the mystical nature of the Cult, the gangster survives (in ethereal form) and bums around until he finds a lad/orphan and the rest is history. I was hoping that maybe the cult could be the same as the snake god thing, as it may add some continuity...?)

That is okay. Just don't give the kid any supernatural powers, just a spirit haunting him. Be aware that magic is real in this world so that means necromancy is real as well.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:37 pm

Naval Monte wrote:
Danceria wrote:Hey, at least you're not thinking about ripping off Norman Bates, Fran Bow, and Shadow of Mordor, with basically a kid suffering from spiritual enhanced split personality disorder.

That is okay. Just don't give the kid any supernatural powers, just a spirit haunting him. Be aware that magic is real in this world so that means necromancy is real as well.

...Well, what exactly would this spirit do? I mean, aside from confuzzle the psychiatrists and exorcists.
Obligatory Quotes below

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:39 pm

Danceria wrote:
Shark isle wrote:Alright. Also, is it bad that I can picture my guy's fear of snakes manifesting itself in this rp like in a Silent Hill-like game?

Do you mean you want the same cult involved in my character's backstory in your's too?

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:40 pm

Danceria wrote:
Naval Monte wrote:

...Well, what exactly would this spirit do? I mean, aside from confuzzle the psychiatrists and exorcists.

Probably give your character some heads up on trouble coming and occasionally take control over his body.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Shark isle wrote:
Danceria wrote:Hey, at least you're not thinking about ripping off Norman Bates, Fran Bow, and Shadow of Mordor, with basically a kid suffering from spiritual enhanced split personality disorder.

Do you mean you want the same cult involved in my character's backstory in your's too?

Well, I wasn't sure about OP but here was the backstory:

The Cult of Solid Snake(tm)'s goal was to obtain immortality, and they found out how to do so, in the form of ghosts living in other people's bodies, and parasiting off of their own spirits. Rinse and repeat until spirit is at desired strength (how my ghost managed to stay "alive" (IE not fade and reincarnate)). However, in order to begin the process, blood sacrifice must be obtained. In the gangster's case, ("Snake Eyes" Johnson), his eyes were removed, in order to create the perfect body/host for their leader. Your character could either be the Chosen One(tm), or yet another baby offered up to continue the Solid Snake Cult(tm)'s legacy.
Naval Monte wrote:
Danceria wrote:...Well, what exactly would this spirit do? I mean, aside from confuzzle the psychiatrists and exorcists.

Probably give your character some heads up on trouble coming and occasionally take control over his body.

Yeah, would you mind if some artifact was used so that way my character could see dead people/ghosts/those of the paranormal persuasion?
Obligatory Quotes below

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:47 pm

Danceria wrote:
Shark isle wrote:Do you mean you want the same cult involved in my character's backstory in your's too?

Well, I wasn't sure about OP but here was the backstory:

The Cult of Solid Snake(tm)'s goal was to obtain immortality, and they found out how to do so, in the form of ghosts living in other people's bodies, and parasiting off of their own spirits. Rinse and repeat until spirit is at desired strength (how my ghost managed to stay "alive" (IE not fade and reincarnate)). However, in order to begin the process, blood sacrifice must be obtained. In the gangster's case, ("Snake Eyes" Johnson), his eyes were removed, in order to create the perfect body/host for their leader. Your character could either be the Chosen One(tm), or yet another baby offered up to continue the Solid Snake Cult(tm)'s legacy.
Naval Monte wrote:

Yeah, would you mind if some artifact was used so that way my character could see dead people/ghosts/those of the paranormal persuasion?

I still stand my my rule but artifacts with supernatural powers can be used by the characters since it's the artifact itself with the power, not them. But your character has to find the item first.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:47 pm

Would a private eye with Drinking issues be acceptable.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse