NATION

PASSWORD

AXIS (Superhero, Interest)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kinky Bastards
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinky Bastards » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:50 pm

Zaurell wrote:
Kinky Bastards wrote:My thoughts exactly. It gives me the idea of a character coming from one of those countries, and why not someone who was in the war, and have remained vital somehow? ;)

Has history changed very drastically in this, or is it pretty much the same?

I think I'll play a German.

I think I'll play a German too, an Ahnenerbe scientist and SS officer who got frozen in a block of ice due to some accident (probably in Tibet, but Antarctica is also an alternative). Maybe since before the war even.

Toishima
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Toishima » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:13 pm

Hmm, should I drop the North Korean Iron Man and transition to an Imperial Japanese thing to fit that WW2 Axis resurgence sub-team... =P

Great Canadian Dominion wrote:If second characters were allowed I'd make a Singaporean villain who was the most wanted criminal in Asia *Also probably high on the FBI's top ten mos wanted list* and is the 'head' of the Southeast Asian black market and drug deal. She be a bloodbender and likely oppose the AXIS during operations in Asia. She would be merciless, own her own gang and addionaly carry a QBZ-95, a dha and several smoke grenades. Her gang wouldn't be weak dumbasses either, they would be machine gun wielding, silat and muay thai martial artist masters.

All the guns could be problematic given Singapore's strict gun laws and our strong police force, unless she's not primarily located in the country and was just born here. Singapore also isn't really a major hotbed of crime and corruption because of the SPF's efforts to eradicate crime, so it would be hard to operate such a major operation out of Singapore.

And, not to be nitpicky (sorry if I sound like I am haha but I love guns) but a QBZ-97 would be a better choice of weapon as they can load 5.56mm STANAGs, making ammunition acquisition easier in the SEA region (lots of STANAG weapon-using states) than the base QBZ-95, which can only load the Chinese 5.8 (which as far as I know is only available in China; even Cambodia and Myanmar use the -97).

Beruka wrote:I have a character who's similar, except she fires off fireballs. They vary in heat, and can be used for anything from toasting marshmallows to frying a guy. The other is a technological Weapons Contractor known for targeting superheroes. My fire girl is probably a ghost in corporeal form.

Similar how, as in she harms herself when creating fireballs or she got into a big battle with the Jieitai before disappearing? =P

The Japanese one could have fought my Miyuki in the past, setting up some pre-existing character rivalries before the story begins, which is always cool.
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.
Record word count for a single unbroken writing session: 27,154 words
Current flag is my Kami Oshi, Sato Masaki (Info here!).

Jadwell
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:24 pm

Toishima wrote:Hmm, should I drop the North Korean Iron Man and transition to an Imperial Japanese thing to fit that WW2 Axis resurgence sub-team... =P

Great Canadian Dominion wrote:If second characters were allowed I'd make a Singaporean villain who was the most wanted criminal in Asia *Also probably high on the FBI's top ten mos wanted list* and is the 'head' of the Southeast Asian black market and drug deal. She be a bloodbender and likely oppose the AXIS during operations in Asia. She would be merciless, own her own gang and addionaly carry a QBZ-95, a dha and several smoke grenades. Her gang wouldn't be weak dumbasses either, they would be machine gun wielding, silat and muay thai martial artist masters.

All the guns could be problematic given Singapore's strict gun laws and our strong police force, unless she's not primarily located in the country and was just born here. Singapore also isn't really a major hotbed of crime and corruption because of the SPF's efforts to eradicate crime, so it would be hard to operate such a major operation out of Singapore.

And, not to be nitpicky (sorry if I sound like I am haha but I love guns) but a QBZ-97 would be a better choice of weapon as they can load 5.56mm STANAGs, making ammunition acquisition easier in the SEA region (lots of STANAG weapon-using states) than the base QBZ-95, which can only load the Chinese 5.8 (which as far as I know is only available in China; even Cambodia and Myanmar use the -97).

Beruka wrote:I have a character who's similar, except she fires off fireballs. They vary in heat, and can be used for anything from toasting marshmallows to frying a guy. The other is a technological Weapons Contractor known for targeting superheroes. My fire girl is probably a ghost in corporeal form.

Similar how, as in she harms herself when creating fireballs or she got into a big battle with the Jieitai before disappearing? =P

The Japanese one could have fought my Miyuki in the past, setting up some pre-existing character rivalries before the story begins, which is always cool.

She operates all over Southeast Asia (Indochine, Philippines and Indonesia) and occasionally India, China, South Korea and even overseas with associates in the United States, Central America and South America, but rarely. Thanks for the gun suggestion.

Great Canadian Dominion
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Canadian Dominion » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:24 pm

Jadwell wrote:
Toishima wrote:Hmm, should I drop the North Korean Iron Man and transition to an Imperial Japanese thing to fit that WW2 Axis resurgence sub-team... =P

She operates all over Southeast Asia (Indochine, Philippines and Indonesia) and occasionally India, China, South Korea and even overseas with associates in the United States, Central America and South America, but rarely. Thanks for the gun suggestion.

Puppet confirmed. Most who mess with her or her gang are never seen again. Forgot to mention Australia.
Last edited by Great Canadian Dominion on Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zaurell
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Zaurell » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:41 pm

Yes! Join the Axis within the AXIS! We promise not to commit genocide this time! Also, since we have one other German confirmed and you're considering playing an Imperial Japanese character, I may switch my character's nationality to Italian if we don't get anyone else on board who wants to play an Italian.
Mostly retired from NS. Telegram me if you like but response time may be extremely slow

Beruka
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Beruka » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:48 pm

Toishima wrote:

She floats.

Toishima
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Toishima » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:50 pm

Zaurell wrote: Yes! Join the Axis within the AXIS! We promise not to commit genocide this time! Also, since we have one other German confirmed and you're considering playing an Imperial Japanese character, I may switch my character's nationality to Italian if we don't get anyone else on board who wants to play an Italian.

I won't be removing Miyuki, though, she'll still be the main. My idea for the Imperial Japanese guy is a (possibly suspended-animated) cyborg unable to emerge from his robotic suit who probably believes the War is still going on and can be used as dumb muscle (similar to the earlier North Korea guy). Maybe I'll let him be able to rocket-jump so he can do "kamikaze" bodyslams.

But if OP lets us have three characters, then.... Uhuhhuhu...
Last edited by Toishima on Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.
Record word count for a single unbroken writing session: 27,154 words
Current flag is my Kami Oshi, Sato Masaki (Info here!).

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:55 pm

More ideas. Hmm. I need to choose one.

Whirlwind: A martial artist with minor aerokinetic abilities, allowing for faster movement, and stronger attacks.

Techno: A brilliant inventor who can make things from just about anything

The Mind: A mainly isolated person, but has the abilities of telekinesis and telepathy.

The Quake:A geokinetic. That's about it.

The Swordsman: A master of blades of any kind, preferring serrated blades to modern weapons, helpful against flagg, as long as he doesn't listen to the voices in his head.

So, more ideas on top of the other 4 or so. I'll choose one eventually.

Edit: The Clone: A person who can duplicate himself

The Hunter: A person who is excellent with bows of all types, but can "persuade" feral beasts such as wolves, bears, and tigers.
Last edited by The Irish County of the Beare-Mor on Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

Great Canadian Dominion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Canadian Dominion » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:02 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:More ideas. Hmm. I need to choose one.

Whirlwind: A martial artist with minor aerokinetic abilities, allowing for faster movement, and stronger attacks.

The Mind: A mainly isolated person, but has the abilities of telekinesis and telepathy.

The Swordsman: A master of blades of any kind, preferring serrated blades to modern weapons, helpful against flagg, as long as he doesn't listen to the voices in his head.

The Hunter: A person who is excellent with bows of all types, but can "persuade" feral beasts such as wolves, bears, and tigers.

The Hunters persuasion ability is part of Timberwolf's ability.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:05 pm

Great Canadian Dominion wrote:
The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:More ideas. Hmm. I need to choose one.

The Hunters persuasion ability is part of Timberwolf's ability.

Ok, then I can scratch that. Doesn't really bother me, it's pretty much every hunter in rpg's anyway. I have a few others I could choose from.

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Can I make a character who was either a mad-bomber or a environmental terrorist?

Zaurell
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Zaurell » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:10 pm

Toishima wrote:
Zaurell wrote: Yes! Join the Axis within the AXIS! We promise not to commit genocide this time! Also, since we have one other German confirmed and you're considering playing an Imperial Japanese character, I may switch my character's nationality to Italian if we don't get anyone else on board who wants to play an Italian.

I won't be removing Miyuki, though, she'll still be the main. My idea for the Imperial Japanese guy is a (possibly suspended-animated) cyborg unable to emerge from his robotic suit who probably believes the War is still going on and can be used as dumb muscle (similar to the earlier North Korea guy). Maybe I'll let him be able to rocket-jump so he can do "kamikaze" bodyslams.

But if OP lets us have three characters, then.... Uhuhhuhu...

Ah, now I will have to turn my character into a matching WW2 remnant. I choose Italian Fascist.
Mostly retired from NS. Telegram me if you like but response time may be extremely slow

Great Canadian Dominion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Canadian Dominion » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:12 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:
Great Canadian Dominion wrote:The Hunters persuasion ability is part of Timberwolf's ability.

Ok, then I can scratch that. Doesn't really bother me, it's pretty much every hunter in rpg's anyway. I have a few others I could choose from.
Your character, if Irish could be a banshee or somehow related to the Loch Ness monster *IDK if it is in Scotland*

Great Canadian Dominion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Canadian Dominion » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:13 pm

Great Canadian Dominion wrote:The Hunters persuasion ability is part of Timberwolf's ability.

Or something based on one of these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... _creatures
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... _creatures

Possibly become Scottish rather than Irish and have a sea-based hero. Or you could have a riddler like character...since leprechauns are tricksters..
Last edited by Great Canadian Dominion on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:16 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:Ok, then I can scratch that. Doesn't really bother me, it's pretty much every hunter in rpg's anyway. I have a few others I could choose from.
Your character, if Irish could be a banshee or somehow related to the Loch Ness monster *IDK if it is in Scotland*

Loch Ness, literally meaning "Lake Ness", is located in Scotland.

But I still have a few ideas for my character. Just need to choose one and flesh it out.

WaRtArIa
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:19 pm

Beautiful. Tag.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:21 pm

Great Canadian Dominion wrote:,

But I still have a few ideas for my character. Just need to choose one and flesh it out.

I have a few, but the two I might choose from are a shadow manipulating vigilante and a psionic who disguises as a magician.
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Great Canadian Dominion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Canadian Dominion » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:22 pm

Great Canadian Dominion wrote:,

Mean't IDC rather than IDK. I'm ashamed of myself because I am Scottish (African and Welsh as well. My skin looks Middle Eastern and my name is Hebrew, last name being Chinese)
Last edited by Great Canadian Dominion on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zhaas123
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhaas123 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:23 pm

Tagged.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:28 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:Loch Ness, literally meaning "Lake Ness", is located in Scotland.

Mean't IDC rather than IDK. I'm ashamed of myself because I am Scottish (African and Welsh as well. My skin looks Middle Eastern and my name is Hebrew, last name being Chinese)

Interesting. But no need ot be ashamed.

Anyway, it is getting late, so imma just go.

Great Canadian Dominion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Canadian Dominion » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:31 pm

My character, Timberwolf *Real name is Matthew Côte* is a pancake, maple syrup, poutine and mac and cheese lovin' ex-army corporal turned lumberjack turned hero living in Ottawa, Ontario. He has the ability of speaking to animals, and transforming into any species of animal.
Last edited by Great Canadian Dominion on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WaRtArIa
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:38 pm

Great Canadian Dominion wrote:My character, Timberwolf *Real name is Matthew Côte* is a pancake, maple syrup, poutine and mac and cheese lovin' ex-army corporal turned lumberjack turned hero living in Ottawa, Ontario.

*triggered*

Well, my character, Goldmark, is a potato-eating, sheep-loving, Brit-disliking, beer-drinking ex-army corporal turned farmer turned hero living in Dublin, Ireland.

Great Canadian Dominion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Canadian Dominion » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:45 pm

Wartaria wrote:
Great Canadian Dominion wrote:My character, Timberwolf *Real name is Matthew Côte* is a pancake, maple syrup, poutine and mac and cheese lovin' ex-army corporal turned lumberjack turned hero living in Ottawa, Ontario.

*triggered*

Well, my character, Goldmark, is a potato-eating, sheep-loving, Brit-disliking, beer-drinking ex-army corporal turned farmer turned hero living in Dublin, Ireland.

Ability?

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:46 pm

Wartaria wrote:

*triggered*

In the city of Dublin, or County Dublin? City of Dublin is in County Dublin, but County Dublin covers more than just the city of Dublin.

I would describe my character, but I don't know which one to choose yet.

Great Canadian Dominion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Canadian Dominion » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Wartaria wrote:*triggered*

In the city of Dublin, or County Dublin? City of Dublin is in County Dublin, but County Dublin covers more than just the city of Dublin.

I would describe my character, but I don't know which one to choose yet.

RIDLER CLONE! JK JK. Sounds the most Irish too me.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse