NATION

PASSWORD

Winter of Discontent (Open. OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:09 pm

House of Judah wrote:Still working on it, but this is what I have so far.

Name David Weber
Age 39
DoB 16 OCT 2008
Place of Birth Mayfield,KS
Appearance
Bio
Until the Fire of Heaven, David was well on his way to a life on the wrong side of the law. Petty vandalism, joyriding and other nuisance crimes were his forte. The most recent juvenile court case directed him to participate in a Scared-Straight program at the Underwood Correctional Institution, the local prison. While he was there, the Fire came. The sudden breakdown in the guard’s control of the prison resulted in a prison riot that lasted several days. The youths participating in the program barricaded themselves as the riot progressed.

The riot came to an end when an alliance of surviving prison guards who hadn’t fled and a more moderate faction of the convicts led by a former marine succeeded in taking control. The “New Warden”, as former USMC Gunnery Sergeant John Francis, instituted a harsh system of punishment for anyone who challenged him. With order restored to the prison, John Francis found the youths and helped them try to contact their families. With a number he was unsuccessful, including David. With nowhere else to go, the youths became his wards and he began ensuring their place in the prison’s emerging society.

A jailhouse preacher by the name of Benjamin Veo began giving sermons to the prison calling the Fire of Heaven the Rapture. According to his preaching, the righteous had been called to Heaven and the damned sent to Hell. Those who remained were too weighed down with sin to go to Heaven but were not beyond redemption, that by acts of righteousness they could release themselves from their sins and earn their place in heaven. David found a new meaning to life in the burgeoning Church of Redemption. Within a few years of the Fire the Church had been officially endorsed by Warden John Francis, who worked with the theology of the Church to further socially engineer the population. Three weeks after David turned 18, Warden John Francis declared the formation of the Order of Brothers of Repentance in Mayfield, or the Knights of Redemption. David immediately signed on.

Over the next years the portions of Mayfield nearest Fort Penance, as Warden Francis had renamend the prison, became among the safest with raiders and slavers steering clear lest they run afoul of the former convicts-turned semi-religious military order. David eventually was selected to become one of the KoR’s rangers, soldiers trained directly by the Warden to operate independently away from Fort Penance. While out scouting Mayfield he met a young woman named Katie who was living with a small tribe in a shopping center on the far side of Mayfield from Fort Penance. David would make frequent stops at the shopping center.

Three months ago, a raider band rolled through the east side of Mayfield. The shopping center was one of the targets they hit. David arrived to find the aftermath two weeks after the attack. He informed the Warden and, against orders, went in pursuit of the raider band. Although pursuit of the raiders has remained his primary focus, he has been periodically distracted by others in need on the road.

*grey is optional
Likes/Dislikes
    • Order
    • Quoting scripture
    Dislikes
    • Slavers
    • Raiders
    • Predation
Personality David is a paladin of the wastes. His code is iron bound, and he does not allow breaches to stand before him. Raiders and slavers are the lowest of the low and deserve any punishment he decides for them (often death, though if he has time and assistance, crucifixions are not an uncommon decision). While he prefers to strategize and approach any given situation tactically, he does not give a second thought of putting his own life at risk to save an innocent. He is extremely religious and a devout adherent of the Church of Redemption.
Skills
Equipment
  • Weapons
    • M4 Carbine w/30-Round 5.56x45mm Magazine Loaded: 30 Rounds
    • 2x30-Round 5.56x45mm Magazines: 30/30 rounds
    • Beretta M9 w/15-Round 9x19mm Magazine Loaded: 14+1 Rounds
    • 4x15-Round 9x19mm Magazines: 15/15/15/15 Rounds
    • 18” Machete
    • 5” Combat Knife
  • Tools
    • 12” Crowbar
    • 30’ Nylon Rope
    • Flint
    • First-Aid Kit
    • Multi-tool
  • Personal Items
    • Church of Redemption Prayer Book
RP Sample

#WoD DO NOT REMOVE

Just give me an RP sample and your good to go.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

House of Judah
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:26 pm

Alright, added, plus some skills.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:34 pm

House of Judah wrote:Alright, added, plus some skills.

Alrighty, you will be added to the list shortly.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:57 pm

I'm still here. Gonna try and get around to working up a character tonight.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:04 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I'm still here. Gonna try and get around to working up a character tonight.

Cool, IC will be up for sure Thursday.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:28 pm

Hey, sorry, but with recent things coming up and other RPs I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue this. Sorry.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:37 am

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Hey, sorry, but with recent things coming up and other RPs I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue this. Sorry.

It's fine, if you arnt able to join now there will always be a spot open.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

New Austzeland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Austzeland » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:30 pm

Name Chesed Piper
Age 23
DoB December 13th, 2024
Place of Birth Ruthvile
Appearance Head: http://fr.web.img1.acsta.net/r_640_600/ ... 688424.jpg (withour beard and moustsche)
Clothing: Winter Berkut-pattern camouflaged Gorka-5 suit, with layers underneath to keep even warmer
Head: Black toque, though Chesed wears a green two-hole balaclava which only exposes his eyes and his Gorka suit's hood when temperatures are too cold
Torso and arms: Light variation of a Khaki Smersh webbing to carry ammo and other essentials, OD day pack on back, black wool gloves
Legs and feet: Black holster on right leg, black Gore-tex combat boots
Bio Chesed Piper is a young, compassionate, and merciful Israeli-English man born to an English father and an Israeli mother. Unfortunately, his mother died shortly after birth due to complications. Despite becoming horribly depressed, his father Maxwell took up the responsibilities to raise Chesed on his own in the safety of his hometown. He left it to his friends to take care of his son when he went out to scavenge for supplies with his gun, typically returning home with sufficient supplies. With the help of his friends and his son, Maxwell managed to keep his spirits up and care for Chesed.

Life went on as normal as it could until Chesed turned 18. In August 2037, Maxwell unfortunately succumbed to a pack of raiders while out scavenging. Once he learned of his passing, Chesed fell into a deep depression, often isolating himself for days on end. Naturally, he got over his horrible feelings, and swore to himself that somehow he'd do what he could to make a positive difference. He figured it was what his father would want, and he didn't plan on didsapointing his legacy.

Nowadays, Chesed with his first aid skills, compassion, and his weapons is out to make a difference, no matter how small or big his actions are in doing so. He refuses to make or watch anybody suffer, but also refuses to stand watch as what he considers the evil in the world to terrorize the innocent.

*grey is optional
Likes/Dislikes Likes: Caring for sick and wounded survivors, picking locks, travelling

Dislikes: People Chesed considers evil or otherwise bad, extremely cold temperatures, overly heavy weapons
Personality Compassionate, friendly, and merciful, but easily annoyed, and he is rather quiet/shy.
Skills: Lock picking, first aid, sneaking
Equipment SKS Carbine, .40 S&W P226 pistol, 5 stripper clips holding 10 7.62x39mm cartridges each, 1 spare pistol magazine with 7 rounds loaded, 24 spare 7.62 rounds and 8 spare .40 S&W rounds in backpack, folding mid-sized knife, flashlight,compass, first aid kit, 2 small emergency rations, 2 red and 1 yellow chemsticks, 1 road flare, 1 lock picking tool
RP Sample

#WoD DO NOT REMOVE
Last edited by New Austzeland on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a 21 year old Canadian, and am hopelessly addicted to old Mitsubishis and anime
PROS:$300 sh*tboxes that barely run
ANTI:Nice cars

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:47 pm

New Austzeland wrote:Name Chesed Piper
Age 23
DoB December 13th, 2024
Place of Birth Nashvile
Appearance Head: http://fr.web.img1.acsta.net/r_640_600/ ... 688424.jpg (withour beard and moustsche)
Clothing: Winter Berkut-pattern camouflaged Gorka-5 suit, with layers underneath to keep even warmer
Head: Black toque, though Chesed wears a green two-hole balaclava which only exposes his eyes and his Gorka suit's hood when temperatures are too cold
Torso and arms: Light variation of a Khaki Smersh webbing to carry ammo and other essentials, OD day pack on back, black wool gloves
Bio Chesed Piper is a young, compassionate, and merciful Israeli-English man born to an English father and an Israeli mother. Unfortunately, his mother died shortly after birth due to complications. Despite becoming horribly depressed, his father Maxwell took up the responsibilities to raise Chesed on his own in the safety of his hometown. He left it to his friends to take care of his son when he went out to scavenge for supplies with his gun, typically returning home with sufficient supplies. With the help of his friends and his son, Maxwell managed to keep his spirits up and care for Chesed.

Life went on as normal as it could until Chesed turned 18. In August 2037, Maxwell unfortunately succumbed to a pack of raiders while out scavenging. Once he learned of his passing, Chesed fell into a deep depression, often isolating himself for days on end. Naturally, he got over his horrible feelings, and swore to himself that somehow he'd do what he could to make a positive difference. He figured it was what his father would want, and he didn't plan on didsapointing his legacy.

Nowadays, Chesed with his first aid skills, compassion, and his weapons is out to make a difference, no matter how small or big his actions are in doing so. He refuses to make or watch anybody suffer, but also refuses to stand watch as what he considers the evil in the world to terrorize the innocent.

*grey is optional
Likes/Dislikes Likes: Caring for sick and wounded survivors, picking locks, travelling

Dislikes: People Chesed considers evil or otherwise bad, extremely cold temperatures, overly heavy weapons
Personality Compassionate, friendly, and merciful, but easily annoyed, and he is rather quiet/shy.
Equipment SKS Carbine, .40 S&W P226 pistol, 5 stripper clips holding 10 7.62x39mm cartridges each, 1 spare pistol magazine with 7 rounds loaded, 24 spare 7.62 rounds and 8 spare .40 S&W rounds in backpack, folding mid-sized knife, flashlight,compass, first aid kit, 2 small emergency rations, 2 red and 1 yellow chemsticks, 1 road flare, 1 lock picking tool
RP Sample

#WoD DO NOT REMOVE

Could I have a RP sample? A link to a specific post is prefered.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Fridur
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Fridur » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:35 pm

Tag, gonna post real soon

Fridur
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fridur » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:18 pm

What rifle should I use?

New Austzeland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Austzeland » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:46 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
New Austzeland wrote:Name Chesed Piper
Age 23
DoB December 13th, 2024
Place of Birth Nashvile

*grey is optional

RP Sample

#WoD DO NOT REMOVE

Could I have a RP sample? A link to a specific post is prefered.

Sorry about that: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=391627
I am a 21 year old Canadian, and am hopelessly addicted to old Mitsubishis and anime

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:07 pm

Fridur wrote:What rifle should I use?

If it existed before 2017 and is readily available to civilians I wont have a problem with it.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Fridur
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fridur » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:19 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Fridur wrote:What rifle should I use?

If it existed before 2017 and is readily available to civilians I wont have a problem with it.

Thinking about my characters father purchasing a SCAR H before this all went down. Is that okay?

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:57 pm

Fridur wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:If it existed before 2017 and is readily available to civilians I wont have a problem with it.

Thinking about my characters father purchasing a SCAR H before this all went down. Is that okay?

Limit the amount of ammo and stuff and we are good.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Fridur
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fridur » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:36 pm

Name Drake Brown
Age 24
DoB 2023
Place of Birth Burlington, ND
Appearance Drake
Bio Born miraculously after the fire form Heaven to Bradley and Heather Brown, Drake was raised to be a tough and independent person. His mom passed after giving birth to his sister Hailey when Drake was 7. His sister didn't survive even two weeks. Drake and his father grew extremely close. His dad being a Marine before the Fire, Drake was taught basic and advanced survival and combat skills. Drakes dad's prized possession was his fathers (Drakes grandfathers) M16 for when he was in Vietnam, after the war his grandpa bought the weapon from the Military in a civilian configuration and kept it with him for his entire life, Drakes grandfather passed a few months before The Fire and the rifle was passed down to Dukes father. The M16 was the main source of food. Drake went hunting with his dad almost daily to get the food to keep the duo alive.

Once Drake turned 20 his father finally succumbed to the harsh elements. His dad died at 43 due to an extreme shortage of food and a very cold winter. Drake continued to live in the same small house that was granted to him after his fathers death. He's lived in it ever since and has established himself as a survivor of these harsh winters.

Drake has had to defend his home against his fair share of aggressive scavengers and raiders, although killing others isn't very common in his life. He faces threats with a grin on his face and a bit of crazy in his eyes.
(I can add a bit more if needed)

*grey is optional
Likes/Dislikes
Dislikes: Cowards, hippies, People who hate the M16
PersonalityExtremely sarcastic, somewhat judgemental, has a Marine's mentality
Skills Expert survivalist.
Equipment M16A1 (two 20rd Magazines, only one is full), Beretta 92FS (one 10rd Magazines), Hatchet, gutting knife, 9 spare 5.56 rounds, 14 9mm rounds, entrenching tool, Hiking backpack, and a days worth of food stored in his house.
RP Samplehttps://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=392833#p30214423 (I use the name Drake a lot, I know xD)

#WoD DO NOT REMOVE
Last edited by Fridur on Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:30 am

New Austzeland, Fridur, you are both accepted. Fridur could you tone down the amount of ammo you have, one 20 round mag would be fine, not three. Bullets are hard to find nowadays.
Last edited by Ithalian Empire on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

New Austzeland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Austzeland » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:09 am

Ithalian Empire wrote:New Austzeland, Fridur, you are both accepted. Fridur could you tone down the amount of ammo you have, one 20 round mag would be fine, not three. Bullets are hard to find nowadays.

Fridur
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fridur » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:30 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:New Austzeland, Fridur, you are both accepted. Fridur could you tone down the amount of ammo you have, one 20 round mag would be fine, not three. Bullets are hard to find nowadays.

I thought I put 2, must've been a type lmao. Sorry about that

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:41 pm

Fridur wrote:

I thought I put 2, must've been a type lmao. Sorry about that

I could have miss read that to. Two full mags is still a lot however.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Fridur
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fridur » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:44 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Fridur wrote:I thought I put 2, must've been a type lmao. Sorry about that

I could have miss read that to. Two full mags is still a lot however.

Alright I'll fix that

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:52 pm

Fridur wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:I could have miss read that to. Two full mags is still a lot however.

Alright I'll fix that

Thank you.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

New Austzeland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Austzeland » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:35 pm

Quick question, what does 'IC//Archives' mean? Is the IC in the archives somewhere or is it not up yet? Enlighten me.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:43 pm

New Austzeland wrote:Quick question, what does 'IC//Archives' mean? Is the IC in the archives somewhere or is it not up yet? Enlighten me.

The archives is were accepted app and some miscellaneous stuff will be put once I get around to creating it. To be honest school and other things have zapped the amount of free time I have so it the IC wont be up for a while, that and I have come to realize that my ability to OP is rubbish. If worse comes to worse this will either go on hiatus or be reedooted sometime in the future when school and life are much more forgiving.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse