NATION

PASSWORD

The Elder Scrolls: Aftermath [OOC | OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Reboot this?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 13

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:22 am

Accepted, too!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:25 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Accepted, too!

Archive thread gogogo
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:13 pm

*Wonders how to make a nice Dunmer that loves wandering*
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:14 pm

Danceria wrote:*Wonders how to make a nice Dunmer that loves wandering*

He's an adventurer... there done.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:15 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Danceria wrote:*Wonders how to make a nice Dunmer that loves wandering*

Well herp durp, what about muh backstory?
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:16 pm

Danceria wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Well herp durp, what about muh backstory?

Make it tragic
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:19 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Danceria wrote:Well herp durp, what about muh backstory?

Make it tragic

I would like to...but unsure how. He's a very un-Dumner Dark Elf...that's what he does.
Obligatory Quotes below

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:20 pm

Could be a Dunmer born outside of Morrowind?
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:22 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Could be a Dunmer born outside of Morrowind?

#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:45 pm

whoa, calm down there montagne
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:02 pm

In case I find a good point to start (I don't want to write an own story totally independent of your stories), I would like to play this guy. If the power level / Magic level is not good, I'll gladly make adjustments.

Mythos

Race: Human, Redguard
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance: Skin of a dark but quite saturated brown (instead of a jet-black or the lighter brown tone also common to Hammerfell). Hazel eyes. Short hair, stubble of a beard. Athletic/slim, average height (slightly short for a Redguard). Tattoos on chest, back and upper arms, looking tribal to foreigners but actually identifying him as a former sailor and current fighters guild member to those in the know.
Class: Daggerfall/Morrowind Nightblade (Why did the Nightblade not have Stealth or Illusion in Oblivion?????)
Equipment:
Body:
  • Mithril chain shirt with moderate fortify agility enchantment
  • Mithril helmet and leather bracers, pauldrons, greaves and boots from troll hide
  • Study travelers clothes
  • Black/greyisch camo tabart, with hood
  • Ring of Khajiit (fake; it provides a fortify speed and chameleon enchantment but to a significantly lesser extend than the real artifact)
  • Ruby ring of moderate "Damage strength" bolts (250/300 charges (10/12 shots))
Weapon belt:
  • Orcish katana w. minor absorb health and absorb endurance enchantment (0/600 charges). Both his Orcish weapons were forged by an Orcish weaponsmith with Orichalcum but in Sentinel, which shows in the design that is rather conservative for orcish arms..
  • Orcish wakizashi
  • Ebony dagger
  • 3 Elven throwing knives
  • 3 Silver throwing knives
Backpack:
  • Lockpicks,
  • Probes
  • Crowbar,
  • Rope 15 ft,
  • Grappling hook,
  • 10 ft. pole (consisting of four smaller staffs of 2ft 6 inch that can be screwed together.)
  • 500 yards of yarn
  • Chalk and a small blackboard
  • Waterskin and rations for a week
  • Compass
  • Travel Lantern w. 24h oil
  • Tent, 1 person
  • Hammock
  • Wool blanket
  • Firewood (1night)
  • Spare clothes (traveler; mage's guild robes; fighters guild surcoat)
Potion bag with 2x5 separate, padded pockets filled with:
  • 2 Endurance potion
  • 2 Health potion
  • Swift swim potion
  • Fortify speed potion
  • Restore strength potion
  • Cure disease potion
  • Cure poison potion
  • Paralysis poison
Scroll-bag:
  • Open scroll
  • Dispel scroll
  • 2*Mark scroll
  • Recall scroll
  • Parchment on "Ghost Form": An ancient scroll of an ancient spell, not concrete enough to cast from it but eventually enough to reconstruct it given extensive study.
Soul gem bag:
  • 8 lesser soul gems (6 filled with lesser soul)
  • 1 each of petty, common and greater soul gem (empty)

Spellbook:
(Only the higher instances of spells where I have the lesser forms, too)
- Alteration
  • Apprentice Feather
  • Novice Fire Shield
  • Novice Frost Shield
  • Novice Lightning shield
  • Apprentice Levitate
  • Novice Slowfall
  • Apprentice Water breathing
Mysticism
  • Apprentice Absorb Strength
  • Apprentice Detect Enchantment
  • Apprentice Detect Live
  • Apprentice Detect Undead
  • Apprentice Soultrap
  • Apprentice Resist Magica (80%, 1 second, basically a quick counterspell for spells targeting Mythos only)
  • Novice Telekinesis
Illusion
  • Journeyman's Chameleon (30%, 1 minute)
  • Journeyman's Invisibility (10 seconds)
  • Apprentice Night eye
  • Apprentice Silence (5 seconds)
Destruction
  • Novice Fire Damage
  • Novice Frost Damage (3 seconds)

Skills: Mythos is proficient with balanced weapons of all length (thus basically blades). Unlikely for a Nightblade (but not at all for a Redguard) he prefers long, single edges swords over short blades. Unlikely for a Redguard (but not at all for a Nightblade) he prefers light armor and dodging over heavy armor and is not especially proficient with shields either.

Furthermore in his skillset of mundane skills, he moves silently and stealthy, his senses are quite sharp and he is good in mechanics (locks and traps) from modern imperial security systems going all the way to dwemer devices. He is a good climber.

He has a good fundamental knowledge about smithing and weapon maintenance and his theoretical knowledge of the arcane arts in general and necromancy specifically are quite good, in the case of necromancy it's focused on the question how to battle the undead and their masters, obviously.

Along his magic repository he is focused on mysticism and alteration to get to the places where he needs to be and back home and he sometimes enhances his natural stealth with illusion magic. He knows rudimentary elemental magic but nothing a real mage would call "combat-ready".

Languages:
Common: Native Speaker
Yokudan (Anchiend Redguard): Rudimentary (His traditional birth name is Myatha (pronounced 'My-at-'ha), and he knows about another two to three thousand words (enough for simple communication) but his grammar is very poor)
Elven (the Bosmer dialect): Good (Therefore also mediocre in Aldmeris (The "main" modern elven language), and at least poor communication with speakers of the Dunmer dialect is possible, too)
Nymph: Mediocre
Dwemeris: Poor (Can read dwemer runes from the early script and (poorly) from the later script (Always mixes up the M and X there, though) and has a vocabulary only slightly bigger then his Yokudan)

Weaknesses:
Skillwise: Mythos lacks the archery ability of his trade. He is rather clueless about herbology and potion making and by himself not a great enchanter either. He thus needs supplies from other people and since he is no good haggler, he usually pays full price.
Dark Secret: If Mythos' past Tomb-Raiding jobs became known in his homeland, it would turn him into an infamous criminal. Disrupting the resting places of the dead is treated no lighter then murder and he did it for a living.
Godlessness: Mythos used to worship the Yokudan pantheon in his youth, then turned to Deadra Worship (Meridia, Azura and Nocturnal, the last being his Patron) and later had phases trying to turn to the Nine divines (Arkay, Stendar) and for a very short time even the Bosmer god Y'ffre but all of it did not really work out for him so far. As a result, he has a problem, withstanding the firm judgmental gazes of holy men.

Bio:
Coming From Stross M'Kay, Mythos started out as a sailor, vagabond and thug. As far as he is political, he sides with the Forebears but mostly he not interested in politics at all.

He left the island early in his career to sail the coast of Hammerfell with whoever had a ship and work to do. However, the pay was very shitty and in the end, Mythos realized, that he hated saying "Aye, Captain," the whole time. So he sought out job opportunities at land. Some peasants were troubled be undead and as he had just found a silver-mantled claymore, he decided to do the job. It was a great success, he defeated the ghosts and became the village's hero for a week. He got the taste for more and a good pay. Looking for spending opportunities among the guilds in Gilante, he came upon some mages offering spells and surprisingly enough, he could cast them successfully right away. In the end he joined the Mages and the Fighters Guild but never paid much dedication in rising the ranks.

His wanderlust brought him to the Alik'r desert, where he found a dwemer ruin. Joining up with another adventurer, he explored the lower levels and found some scrap that they could turn into some cash (but not a lot, the ruin was practically empty).
Mythos decided to go back to killing the undead, but as there were none around, plaguing the villages at night, he had to seek them out on their home turf: In the crypts and tombs. He knew that nobody could ever know. It was forbidden to disturb the resting places of the dead but then again, if they had gone undead already, they did not rest well anyway, so it probably was okay to check every now and then (and take some grave offerings, because one needed to live on something). Every once in a while he also made some Dwemer Ruin jobs, taking out stuff from the low levels of the less explored Ruins but it was mostly a day job to cover up his other activities.

After two years, Mythos decided, that his homeland of Hammerfell had grown to small for him and he needed to see other places. His first trip was to southern High Rock. In Wayrest he approached the Fighters Guild for job opportunities for a mighty slayer of the undead. He was given directions to an old ruin up for the grabs. He raided the ruin and killed a bunch of zombies, before finding an old vampire responsible for the undead. Mythos proved to be the better in combat but the vampire escaped with a recall spell, after triggering an anchored spell, that made the castle crumble over Mythos head. Just barely he survived, battered and broken he dug himself out of the rubble. He dropped unconscious right there and was found by a nymph (was she worried about him, or rather about the fact, that he just battled a vampire and survived and might become one himself?). She fixed him up and healed him (both of his wounds and the Porphyric Hemophilia he had contacted) over the course of a day. In fact, she was just as thankful the undead were gone as the people living in the nearby hamlets, that had contacted the fighters guild.
Mythos had always been a sucker for a pair of pretty eyes ... and boobs. He lived with the nymph for the spring, summer and much of the autumn but just as Mythos himself the Dryad was a fickle creature and as winter came, they parted ways. It was awkward to return to the Fighters Guild, who had found the ruin collapsed and assumed Mythos had died in his service to the Guild.

He traveled to Daggerfall, as he had been told the Mages Guild there had a Levitation Spell on sale, slew a werewolf in the area and moved on. Anvil was his next goal, in the Imperial Province. He stayed there for about a year. In the beginning he did small jobs for the Guilds, Churchs and the Imperial Legion until he stumbled over an Ayleid ruin, which he decided to enter. It was a rather challenging dungeon and upon further exploration of the situation he realized he would have to upgrade his list of illusion spells, buying a better invisibility and a silence spell for his book. With that on his side he managed to plunder a mostly unplundered ruin without killing even one of its fearsome inhabitants.

Finally the Legion came to Mythos. They needed an assassin and none of the officers knew how to contact the Dark Brotherhood (or would be willing to deal with them) and they knew he was a sneaky, stealthy kind of guy. An Altmer ambassador in Valenwood had to die in order to sabotage the relations between Altmer and Bosmer. At best, Mythos should blame the murder on the Wood Elfs. The job was harder then expected, as the ambassador was well protected and secured by various magic alarms (and after all, Mythos was not an actual assassin, even though his skillset was quite similar). He needed to infiltrate the Wood Elven town and got himself hired as a bodyguard for a Khajiit merchant. Sneaking about the perimeters for several weeks, he found out, that he was not the only one with interest in the Altmer. Thus he met a group of dissidents, that opposed Altmeri influence. With their help, he would come close enough to the Altmer for the kill. However, within this alliance of interests he made some compromises and decided to just put discriminating evidences against that ambassador into his room. It forced the Altmer to leave the province hastily although it did not damage the relations between the two Elven people as much as the Imperial Legion would have hoped. But Mythos did not care, as he had decided to stay with his new fellows (and a new love interest) in Valenwood anyway.

A year passed and a new war is approaching. Living in Valenwood is becoming increasingly difficult for Redguards and since his romance took its natural lifecycle, too, Mythos decided to move on...

RP Sample: viewtopic.php?p=29283393#p29283393
(Just the intro post to the last RP I was in that reached IC, for more just feel free to look through my posting history)

Personality: Outgoing, lustful, friendly, proud, brave, cynical
Dislikes: Monotonous works, being ordered around
Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKTo5nrkDNA
Last edited by Kaledoria on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:49 am, edited 6 times in total.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:46 pm

Do Nymphs have their own language? How far goes his degree of Draconic? No shouting etc.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:49 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Do Nymphs have their own language? How far goes his degree of Draconic? No shouting etc.

*Dovahzul (use the proper term please)

Considering that there have been scholars in the games that have looked at Dovahzul, he could have a very good understanding of the language, at least, as good of an understanding that they have.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:51 pm

Fair!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:54 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Fair!

That said, it wouldn't be as advanced as the Greybeard's knowledge
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:13 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:whoa, calm down there montagne

I was hoping he would be too nice for the average Dunmer, and get kicked out.
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Could be a Dunmer born outside of Morrowind?

*Cough Cough* Slums of Windhelm. *cough cough* Red Mountain eruption *cough cough*
Obligatory Quotes below

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:14 pm

Danceria wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:whoa, calm down there montagne

I was hoping he would be too nice for the average Dunmer, and get kicked out.
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

*Cough Cough* Slums of Windhelm. *cough cough* Red Mountain eruption *cough cough*

*cough* *cough* It's a joke *cough* *cough*

Though... the Slums of Windhelm are not really slums anymore....
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:16 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Danceria wrote:I was hoping he would be too nice for the average Dunmer, and get kicked out.

Maybe the upteenth generation of refugees and living in a now prosperous Gray Quarter?
Obligatory Quotes below

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:17 pm

Danceria wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Maybe the upteenth generation of refugees and living in a now prosperous Gray Quarter?

Who said anything about it being prosperous? :P

It just isn't a slum anymore.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:20 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Danceria wrote:Maybe the upteenth generation of refugees and living in a now prosperous Gray Quarter?

So like our version of a Chinatown or Little Italy?
Obligatory Quotes below

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Danceria wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

So like our version of a Chinatown or Little Italy?

I guess
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:25 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Danceria wrote:So like our version of a Chinatown or Little Italy?

I guess

OH MY GOD!

IF THAT'S THE CASE! What'd you think of a Dumner Mafioso a la the Godfather.
Obligatory Quotes below

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:21 pm

Ffs Dutch, you've just made me rejoin NS. God dammit.
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:23 pm

Rodez wrote:Ffs Dutch, you've just made me rejoin NS. God dammit.

pls forgib
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:28 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:
Rodez wrote:Ffs Dutch, you've just made me rejoin NS. God dammit.

pls forgib

Forgibben.

Ima resurrect that Breton knight who's only major plot point was diddling Esthael and RP his son or grandson, or something. Or maybe another Dunmer, now with extra sullenTM.
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse