NATION

PASSWORD

The Last of Us: Exodus (Horror Drama) OOC/OPEN

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Futrellia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Futrellia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:10 pm

Done.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:11 pm

Futrellia wrote:Okay, i edited it. Is it okay?

Looks good. I'd like for you to add in how he reached the Murrell's Inlet QZ, if you don't mind. I assume his family members are with him. I'd also kind of refer it if his family members were in a different location than he was, if that's possible. We're kind of getting cluttered with too many NPCs.

Other than that, you are Accepted. Whenever you get that edited, you can go ahead and hop in as a survivor in the town hall.

EDIT

Futrellia wrote:Done.

Looks great. Will add you to the roster soon.

Hey, and Wartaria, only accept characters if I'm not around to do it. Like, if I decide to go screw around for a day or so, or during the daytime when I don't have time to make a meaningful post. It's all good though.
Last edited by Kentucky Fried Land on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:22 pm

Hey, Amerigo. I wasn't gonna have any Hunters attaching just yet. They've basically snuck off for a little while (or until my next post.) I'll have another one up tonight, in case anybody is wondering.

The United States of North Amerigo
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of North Amerigo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:24 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Hey, Amerigo. I wasn't gonna have any Hunters attaching just yet. They've basically snuck off for a little while (or until my next post.) I'll have another one up tonight, in case anybody is wondering.

Okay, I'll delete it then.
Amerigo.
Wouldn't mind a telegram. Forgive me for all the stupid shit I say

Futrellia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Futrellia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:25 pm

Too much Military, too many Civilians, only two Fireflies. That gives me a sad, haha.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:29 pm

The United States of North Amerigo wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Hey, Amerigo. I wasn't gonna have any Hunters attaching just yet. They've basically snuck off for a little while (or until my next post.) I'll have another one up tonight, in case anybody is wondering.

Okay, I'll delete it then.

You can have Hale check out the scenery, or talk to some of the others if you wish, however.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of North Amerigo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:34 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:
The United States of North Amerigo wrote:Okay, I'll delete it then.

You can have Hale check out the scenery, or talk to some of the others if you wish, however.

She's kinda stunned so I'll wait.
Amerigo.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of North Amerigo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:43 pm

Actually I'll make a post soonish and that'll be all for the night.
Amerigo.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:57 pm

I'm a bit tired right now, so I'd expect a post tomorrow morning or afternoon. I seriously need to start getting eight hours of sleep, anyways.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of North Amerigo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:58 pm

Posted for the night.
Amerigo.

Damverland
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Damverland » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:05 pm

Another post up.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:07 pm

Also, Futrellia, think you might be mistaken. There was only the nail bomb at the start of the attack, after the Hunters shot up the town hall everything pretty much subsided, and the characters were required to pick to stay and fight, or hide out in the meeting room.

Vulkata II
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkata II » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:40 am

Holy crap i just got back to school and people are dropping like flies.

I like the smell of progress.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -George Patton

He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future. -Adolf Hitler

Part of the American dream is to live long and die young. Only those Americans who are willing to die for their country are fit to live. -General MacArthur
The player is currently:Clear|Busy
Great Tawil wrote:The thing is I hate fighting. I just wanna draw flags and make friends

_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

Zhaas123
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhaas123 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:55 am

Christ, you go to bed then all the shit starts to hit.

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:34 am

I swear, you guys post just after I go to bed.
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them
-George Mason
I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.
-George Mason

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:44 am

It's not my best work, but it'll do.
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

Kylantha
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:21 am

Name: Lyle T. Sorenson
Faction: Civilian
Sex: Male
Appearance: This should do.

Equipment/Personal Belongings:
Lyle wears black eyeglasses, a red cotton flannel, a blue wind breaker, black jeans and shoes, and sometimes wears a trapper hat. He has a ceramic knife on him at all times, alcohol, sterile cloths, a tiny bit of soap, toothbrush, tube of blueberry flavored toothpase, a pack of spearmint gum strips, and a general encyclopedia. Also, the tomato plant.

Personality: Very insightful, timid, and clever, although a little eccentric. Lyle has a lot of fears and peeves that could make him difficult to be around, but sometimes his random comments and observant and inquisitive nature can be extremely helpful in different situations.

Bio:
Lyle was born to a Dutch-Swedish couple living in Georgetown, South Carolina. They were part of a fairly large group whose settlement was hidden along the coast. Unknown to Lyle and his brother, the group often had dealings with the Fireflies. Later, this would pay off well when the military finally stumbles upon the settlement. The group responds to the military with hostility, and a gunfight ensues. Lyle, his brother and their mother are hustled off to the camp’s exit points, but in the fray, Lyle loses track of his family. He is trampled a few times by other settlers and remains face down on the ground until someone pulls him back up on his feet. It was his dad.

Feeling much safer at that point, Lyle followed everything that his pa said to do, and the main thing was to run. They did, and Lyle could see in the distance as cars and station wagons streamed out the camp’s North-East exit. Soon there were no more vehicles to board and Lyle, his dad, along with over twenty other settlers, were apprehended. Scans were quickly conducted, and unfortunately, Lyle’s father was identified as infected with the cordyceps. A group of soldiers talk amongst themselves before taking Lyle forcibly away from his father. The lady soldier who holds Lyle brings him away as his father is shoved off, out of sight, then came a series of loud cracks. Lyle knew what happened. He wasn’t stupid, and at the moment his crying subsided into wretched sobbing. He felt completely broken, all alone.

As he was carried off, Lyle knew the lady soldier was crying, too. Perhaps out of sympathy. She sang a soft lullaby to him as they left the camp and up to a gathering of military vehicles. Lyle was placed on a truck along with other settlers, and they were driven off. Lyle didn’t know what happened or why it had to happen, but since then, he was never as enthusiastic about life in general. He would always have this pensive expression on and often spent time on his own.

That lady soldier did become friends with Lyle, and when they arrived at Murrell’s Inlet, she taught Lyle about how things worked. She volunteered to care for him, and the two were able to build a garden on a rooftop of one of the more stable buildings in the vicinity. Lyle was at least satisfied, if not happy, but at some point that would end as well. The lady soldier went out on patrol and never returned. Lyle asked a squadmate of hers and he simply said ‘Hunters.’
Since then, Lyle has been living on the rooftop of his latest home, tending to his garden that helped the QZ produce more food. He has very few friends, and a lot of work to do, since he hates idling.

Strengths: He’s very smart and observant, has a lot of skill and experience in basic human needs, very good with animals, has a green thumb, and is fairly calm even in very tense situations.

Weaknesses: Lyle isn’t a fighter at all. He prefers to submit rather than be hurt due to extensive resistance, though he will defend himself accordingly if need be. He hates rats and worms, so those might make him jump.. He dislikes strangers and won’t bother talking to them unless he’s seen enough of them to make good judgment.

Living Family Members: Amelia and Noah T. Sorenson. Mother and younger brother, currently holed up at Conway, South Carolina.

Quirks: Lyle prompts everyone to call him 'Fairfax', which means 'blond'. (He refuses to tell anyone his real name) He is obsessed with personal hygiene, is a grammar nazi, fears rats and worms, talks to plants and certain animals, is also obsessed with symmetry and order. His garden is an example of this.

Likes: Corn soup, oatmeal, bread, cheese, boiled eggs, plants (including flowers), horses, raccoons, squirrels, martens and weasels, books, water, gardening, card games, rain, snow, the color blue, stars, all kinds of birds, and peaches.

Dislikes: Rats and worms, first and foremost. But he also dislikes asymmetry, stupid people, creaky floorboards, stinky or unshaven people, pain, nails and needles, hot days, mud, loud and startling sounds, and sleep.

Worst Fears: Death and pain most of all. He is also afraid of rooms without windows, rats, any sort of fog, and being alone in the dark (In this case he would become paranoid and will be on full alert.).

Miscellaneous: N/t/A

Name: Cedric Rothstein Smith
Faction: Civilian
Sex: Male
Appearance: Cedric
Equipment/Personal Belongings:
A beige coat with a furred collar, blue jeans that are torn at the knees, a blue plaid shirt, and a black bonnet. He has an old walkie-talkie that he found in one of the buildings with his friends, as well as an SLR camera with no batteries left.

Personality:
A fairly plain guy. He’s rebellious and delinquent in nature, but very loving and obedient towards his parents. He’s also quite protective of his sister, to the point of empty heroism or ridiculous risk at times. He is a very loyal fellow and is rather gullible, often torn between the good and bad traits of things.

Bio:
Cedric was born in Murrell's Inlet with her sister, * *. Their parents were well known as kind, friendly people, and they attended to various jobs within the QZ, but agreed between themselves never to join the security forces. Cedric's father was an experienced general physician, while their mother’s expertise lay in teaching young kids. Cedric himself had his eyes on other tasks though. He didn’t like being restricted to the rules of the QZ and often stole from other people and scavenged through buildings with a gang of other more delinquent boys. They rarely ever got into trouble, but when they did, they often put masks on just to be sure that no one would be caught. However, an incident which involved two boys being shot presumably dead by soldiers while stealing ended Cedric’s endeavors with the group altogether. Somehow his sister had known all along, and she threatened to tell their parents if he didn’t stop.

So Cedric ended up being stuck with the boring stuff. He actually started helping people with shops, going to the hospital every now and then to help with patients, and even farming, which he happened to hate a lot. But this was where he met Lyle Sorenson. He and Sorenson quickly became friends as the boy often talked about the Fireflies, the group that had saved his life and those of his brother and mother (albeit for ambiguous reasons). Cedric was told about the general idealism of the Fireflies, and he immediately took a liking to them, now believing what the military said about them to be nothing but lies.
Now Cedric fantasizes about joining them, though he obviously has no idea what he would be in for, affiliating himself with such a group. But then, he’s never been the type to think before acting, so it should be fun to watch.

Strengths: He’s tough, determined, practical, and loyal. Cedric has accumulated quite an amount of general knowledge over the years, which makes him fairly useful. He has his parents to thank for this.

Weaknesses: Although tough and aggressive in the face of threats, Cedric doesn’t actually know how to fight. He can throw punches and kicks at the opponent, but not in a way that will strategically bring them to their knees. He can also be too reckless, heroic, and outrageously obnoxious, depending on the persons he interacts with.

Living Family Members : * * Rothstein Smith (sister – Murrell’s Inlet)

Quirks: He hates when people stare, and also rain. Cedric also twicks a lot. You know, sucking air through the teeth and over the tongue?.. Also, he mumbles to himself a lot, is nervous when eating in front of others, and often checks the sky for unknown reasons.
Likes: Adventure, sunny days, basketball, guns, beer, secrets, and cars.

Dislikes: Cedric absolutely hates rain, know-it-alls, rules, vines, pop tarts, artichokes, vegetables, dogs, cats, people who interfere with others’ business, and also… Eggs.
Worst Fears: Losing his family, storms with thunder and lightning and all, and dogs.
Miscellaneous: N/t/A
Last edited by Kylantha on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:15 am

Looks like it might be a little late to be popping in, with shit hitting the fan, but I'm here to try to think of something to work with. I don't really entirely have ideas for characters yet but I can't pass up The Last of Us RP's!
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:03 pm

Corrian wrote:Looks like it might be a little late to be popping in, with shit hitting the fan, but I'm here to try to think of something to work with. I don't really entirely have ideas for characters yet but I can't pass up The Last of Us RP's!

It's cool, once the survivors leave the town hall they can your character running around outside.

Posted, by the way.

Also, realized that if we're going one year after the end of the game, it'd be 2035, and not 2034. So, I'll have some stuff to change around, forgot to take the year that passes ingame into account. So, if you guys really feel like it you can change your bios, but it's not really that big of a deal.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of North Amerigo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:13 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:
Corrian wrote:Looks like it might be a little late to be popping in, with shit hitting the fan, but I'm here to try to think of something to work with. I don't really entirely have ideas for characters yet but I can't pass up The Last of Us RP's!

It's cool, once the survivors leave the town hall they can your character running around outside.

Posted, by the way.

Also, realized that if we're going one year after the end of the game, it'd be 2035, and not 2034. So, I'll have some stuff to change around, forgot to take the year that passes ingame into account. So, if you guys really feel like it you can change your bios, but it's not really that big of a deal.

Okay, I'm gonna post a bit of our counterattack. If you don't mind.
Amerigo.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:21 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:It's cool, once the survivors leave the town hall they can your character running around outside.

Posted, by the way.

Okay, I'm gonna post a bit of our counterattack. If you don't mind.

That's cool. I'm gonna let the players handle everything until the hunters are all dead, then I'll try and get the show on the road.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of North Amerigo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:56 pm

Okay, posted.
Amerigo.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 pm

Yo, Amerigo, I'd leave a few of the hunters alive so everybody can manage to snag a kill, and have some time to react to them attacking.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of North Amerigo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:07 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Yo, Amerigo, I'd leave a few of the hunters alive so everybody can manage to snag a kill, and have some time to react to them attacking.

I'll do some editing.
Amerigo.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:08 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Yo, Amerigo, I'd leave a few of the hunters alive so everybody can manage to snag a kill, and have some time to react to them attacking.

I'll do some editing.

Thanks for being cool about all the editing I make you guys do.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse