NATION

PASSWORD

The Last of Us: Exodus (Horror Drama) OOC/OPEN

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The United States of North Amerigo
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of North Amerigo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:14 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:
The United States of North Amerigo wrote:I was joking. despite the fact that i hate anime culture

Yeah, can't say I'm huge into anime either. I think the picture's fine though, sometimes it's the only way you can get a good picture for a character you have in mind.

Also, Amerigo, did you draw Rose's picture yourself? I only ask because of the nametag on her vest.

I wish :(
Amerigo.
Wouldn't mind a telegram. Forgive me for all the stupid shit I say

WaRtArIa
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:20 pm

YAY!
Last edited by WaRtArIa on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:25 pm

Wartaria wrote:
Wartaria wrote:DONE!

Name: Olivia Kurwell
Faction: Military
Sex: Female
Appearance: Olivia in Normal Clothing
Equipment/Personal Belongings: Olivia owns a Berreta M9, several cartridges of bullets, two water bottles, three granola bars, an army uniform, a warm hat, a towel, a makeshift satchel made of cotton, and a dagger.
Personality: Olivia is protective, intelligent, calm, witty, brave, and is generous to those who have aided her. However, she can come off as rude or judgemental, despite that she typically only works as objectively as possible with what she is given.
Bio: Olivia was born in New York City in the year 1984, a peaceful time before the zombie apocalypse. After finishing sixth grade, Olivia and her family moved to a neighborhood in South Carolina. She once had an elder sister named Allison, but she died immediately after the zombie apocalypse started. A year after the apocalypse started, her family had difficulties surviving in this harsh world. One day, Olivia caught her parents in Allison's bedroom, eating Allison as she screamed, kicked, and begged for them to let go. There was no mercy for Allison. Fearful and afraid, Olivia packed her belongings and ran out of the house, away from her zombified parents. She managed to escape to a shelter for citizens and the military, but she had to run two miles. To say the least, she was exhausted; the most she ever ran was one and one half a mile. After many years of hard work, she joined the military, and has now resolved to save as many people as she can, survive, and kill all those evil zombies.
Strengths: Olivia is very physically fit, and is great at wrestling and physically harming her enemies without the usage of firearms. She is great at shooting enemies from approximately half a mile distance, and is also great at swimming and jogging. When she can, she reads books and writes in her diary. However, she doesn't get much time to do that anymore. Olivia debates a lot.
Weaknesses: Olivia's sore spot is her family, and of course, like any other person, she's mortal and can die. Also, wielding knives is not her forte, and the dagger she wields is a last resort. She also is not skilled with first aid, and she's forever alone.
*Quirks: Olivia often mutters to herself and can ramble about pointless things.
*Likes: Olivia is extroverted, and enjoys hanging out in groups. She enjoys sleeping, jogging, climbing trees, building pillow forts, meeting new friends, shooting down her enemies, and eating chocolate (which sadly hardly exists anymore).
*Dislikes: Being enclosed in dark spaces, the presence of Fireflies, staying in long periods of time in small places, going in damp areas, the possibility of dying, being teased for her appearance, being called 'Olive' by strangers, and on a side note, eating broccoli and celery. She also hates being reminded of her family, as that is a sore spot for her.
*Worst Fears: Olivia fears getting herself or someone close to her eaten based on her mistakes.

Finally, I have completed my app!

Looks good. I only have one real problem with it, and that's her birth date. I'm guessing it was just a typo or something considering her bio, but if she was born in 1984 she'd be fifty years old in universe.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

WaRtArIa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:26 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:
Wartaria wrote:Finally, I have completed my app!

Looks good. I only have one real problem with it, and that's her birth date. I'm guessing it was just a typo or something considering her bio, but if she was born in 1984 she'd be fifty years old in universe.

Typo.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of North Amerigo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:27 pm

Wartaria wrote:
Wartaria wrote:DONE!

Equipment/Personal Belongings: Olivia owns a Berreta M9, several cartridges of bullets, two water bottles, three granola bars, an army uniform, a warm hat, a towel, a makeshift satchel made of cotton, and a dagger.
Personality: Olivia is protective, intelligent, calm, witty, brave, and is generous to those who have aided her. However, she can come off as rude or judgemental, despite that she typically only works as objectively as possible with what she is given.
Bio: Olivia was born in New York City in the year 1984, a peaceful time before the zombie apocalypse. After finishing sixth grade, Olivia and her family moved to a neighborhood in South Carolina. She once had an elder sister named Allison, but she died immediately after the zombie apocalypse started. A year after the apocalypse started, her family had difficulties surviving in this harsh world. One day, Olivia caught her parents in Allison's bedroom, eating Allison as she screamed, kicked, and begged for them to let go. There was no mercy for Allison. Fearful and afraid, Olivia packed her belongings and ran out of the house, away from her zombified parents. She managed to escape to a shelter for citizens and the military, but she had to run two miles. To say the least, she was exhausted; the most she ever ran was one and one half a mile. After many years of hard work, she joined the military, and has now resolved to save as many people as she can, survive, and kill all those evil zombies.
Strengths: Olivia is very physically fit, and is great at wrestling and physically harming her enemies without the usage of firearms. She is great at shooting enemies from approximately half a mile distance, and is also great at swimming and jogging. When she can, she reads books and writes in her diary. However, she doesn't get much time to do that anymore. Olivia debates a lot.
Weaknesses: Olivia's sore spot is her family, and of course, like any other person, she's mortal and can die. Also, wielding knives is not her forte, and the dagger she wields is a last resort. She also is not skilled with first aid, and she's forever alone.
*Likes: Olivia is extroverted, and enjoys hanging out in groups. She enjoys sleeping, jogging, climbing trees, building pillow forts, meeting new friends, shooting down her enemies, and eating chocolate (which sadly hardly exists anymore).
*Dislikes: Being enclosed in dark spaces, the presence of Fireflies, staying in long periods of time in small places, going in damp areas, the possibility of dying, being teased for her appearance, being called 'Olive' by strangers, and on a side note, eating broccoli and celery. She also hates being reminded of her family, as that is a sore spot for her.
*Worst Fears: Olivia fears getting herself or someone close to her eaten based on her mistakes.

Finally, I have completed my app!

My only criticism is her only weapon is the M9 pistol and that her strength is shooting half a mile, something not possible with most guns save for DMRs and other precise sniper rifles.
Amerigo.

WaRtArIa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:29 pm

I don't know shit about guns.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:30 pm

Wartaria wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Looks good. I only have one real problem with it, and that's her birth date. I'm guessing it was just a typo or something considering her bio, but if she was born in 1984 she'd be fifty years old in universe.

Typo.

In that case then, Accepted. I'll add you to the roster soon enough.

You can probably come in as one of the soldiers in the town hall.

On another note, I will no longer be accepting military characters, except for Galdius' if he's still making an app for this, since he reserved a spot.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of North Amerigo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:31 pm

Wartaria wrote:I don't know shit about guns.

We all have our faults. But I'd correct that issue if I were you.
Amerigo.

WaRtArIa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:32 pm

The United States of North Amerigo wrote:
Wartaria wrote:I don't know shit about guns.

We all have our faults. But I'd correct that issue if I were you.

One fourth a mile? One fifth?

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:34 pm

About the gun, it's one of those things where I'm not going to give you a high-powered sniper rifle from the beginning. Later on in the RP, of course you can grab one then, but for now I'd just stick with the M9, since you'll be having to resort to melee by the end of the Prologue regardless. Amerigo made good suggestions though, don't try and shoot something from over half a mile away with a pistol, because you will probably miss.
Last edited by Kentucky Fried Land on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WaRtArIa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:35 pm

I think I got this one right now.

Bio: Olivia was born in New York City in the year 2003, a peaceful time before the zombie apocalypse. After finishing sixth grade, Olivia and her family moved to a neighborhood in South Carolina. She once had an elder sister named Allison, but she died immediately after the zombie apocalypse started. A year after the apocalypse started, her family had difficulties surviving in this harsh world. One day, Olivia caught her parents in Allison's bedroom, eating Allison as she screamed, kicked, and begged for them to let go. There was no mercy for Allison. Fearful and afraid, Olivia packed her belongings and ran out of the house, away from her zombified parents. She managed to escape to a shelter for citizens and the military, but she had to run two miles. To say the least, she was exhausted; the most she ever ran was one and one half a mile. After many years of hard work, she joined the military, and has now resolved to save as many people as she can, survive, and kill all those evil zombies.
Strengths: Olivia is very physically fit, and is great at wrestling and physically harming her enemies without the usage of firearms. She is great at shooting enemies from approximately one fourth/one fifth a mile distance, and is also great at swimming and jogging. When she can, she reads books and writes in her diary. However, she doesn't get much time to do that anymore. Olivia debates a lot.
*Worst Fears: Olivia fears getting herself or someone close to her eaten based on her mistakes.[/quote]

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:40 pm

Alright, nice job. Accepted.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of North Amerigo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:48 pm

Liking this so far. Building up real nicely.
Amerigo.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:06 pm

The United States of North Amerigo wrote:Liking this so far. Building up real nicely.

Thank you. I was hoping it wasn't moving too fast.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:12 pm

Character list and OP have been updated.

WaRtArIa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:20 pm

I'm just imagining everything like a big square shoddy village surrounded by a gate. Is this correct?

Damverland
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Damverland » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Name: Connifer O. Jackson

Faction (Civilian, Smuggler, Firefly, Military): Civilian

Sex: Male

Appearance: Short cut, black hair, looks his age. Eyes are brown.

Equipment/Personal Belongings: Hammer, pack of Marlboro cigarettes, old water bottle, Backpack, 100 dollar bill, cap with "World's #1 Dad" written on the front.

Personality: At first impression, he would seem like a kind and happy man, as he always has been. After the death of his daughter, however, his positive attitude has cracked. After all he has been through, he's tried hs best to put some life in the new world they live in, through encouragement, jokes, and simple kindness. But at this point, his depression has seeped too deep, and he has become more and more pained. Unlike before, where his generosity was genuine, nowadays people see that most of the time, he's being more or less fake in his smiling and enjoyment. But he does it to keep other people happy, even if it might seem false.

Bio: Connifer was born in October 2001, born and raised in Knoxville, Tennessee with his father, older sister and mother. In 2012, his father and sister died in a car accident. In addition to the pain caused by this, his father had no life insurance and most of the income gained for the family was from his father's job at a power plant. Connifer and his mother were forced into poverty, his mother working a full-time job at a supermarket. It only became worse in 2013, during the Cordyceps fungus outbreak. Knoxville was overrun, and he and his mother began to flee to South Carolina when they were attacked in Charlotte. His mother didn't make it.
He was forced to survive in the city, living off whatever he could find. He had several close calls in Charlotte when the military had come in and secured the city. For a time Charlotte was safe. There he met a girl named Alissa. They fell in love and he and Alissa had a child. In March 2025, Caroline was born. In 2028 Charlotte was also overrun again, sending Connifer, Alissa and Caroline on the run again. They finally made it to South Carolina, something Connifer had been trying to do for over a decade now. They wandered South Carolina for some time, going from place to place and searching for a permanent home. They were making their way to Charleston after hearing a radio signal when they were attacked by a group of Runners on the road. Alissa was killed, while Connifer managed to escape with Caroline. He and Caroline went up the coast and ended up at Murrell's Inlet. They were quarantined in the military outpost. It was fine until, in 2032 Caroline was scanned.

She was infected.

Strengths: Kindness, Compassion, good at melee and scavenging.

Weaknesses: Depression, lack of willpower or energy to do things. Lonesome.

*Living Family Members (include locations):

*Quirks: He has a good sense of humor, even though at this point it's dry.

*Likes: Writing, cooking, hunting, friendliness, the countryside, Star Wars.

*Dislikes: Mentioning his daughter or family, insects, open spaces, Star Trek.

*Worst Fears: At this point, all of them have happened, so none.

*Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add):

Vulkata II
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkata II » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:17 am

I just noticed that most if not all the characters we play as have shit history.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -George Patton

He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future. -Adolf Hitler

Part of the American dream is to live long and die young. Only those Americans who are willing to die for their country are fit to live. -General MacArthur
The player is currently:Clear|Busy
Great Tawil wrote:The thing is I hate fighting. I just wanna draw flags and make friends

_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:28 am

Expect my application in a few hours. Don't start the attack without me!
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

Vulkata II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkata II » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:43 am

Holy crap is everyone EST?

I just came back from school and there's an IC thread and 15 post already.

And the worst part is it's monday here
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -George Patton

Part of the American dream is to live long and die young. Only those Americans who are willing to die for their country are fit to live. -General MacArthur
Great Tawil wrote:The thing is I hate fighting. I just wanna draw flags and make friends

_[' ]_

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:55 am

I posted. David's about to freak out. Someone should calm him down before he has a panic attack.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of North Amerigo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:50 am

Can I introduce an NPC of my own OP?
Amerigo.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:02 am

Wartaria wrote:I'm just imagining everything like a big square shoddy village surrounded by a gate. Is this correct?

I'd say it's something like the part of the actual Murrell's Inlet that faces the coast, so about half the city, give or take. It's surrounded by a giant concrete wall, and there are a few FEDRA tents spread out here and there. There are also various survivor tents for those who couldn't bother to buy a home with ration cards after the outbreak.

The United States of North Amerigo wrote:Can I introduce an NPC of my own OP?

If you'd like. I think yours should be the last NPC, unless somebody else comes up with something else. I don't really want too many more NPCs created after the Prologue.

Damverland wrote:Name: Connifer O. Jackson

Faction (Civilian, Smuggler, Firefly, Military): Civilian

Sex: Male

Appearance: Short cut, black hair, looks his age. Eyes are brown.

Equipment/Personal Belongings: Hammer, pack of Marlboro cigarettes, old water bottle, Backpack, 100 dollar bill, cap with "World's #1 Dad" written on the front.

Personality: At first impression, he would seem like a kind and happy man, as he always has been. After the death of his daughter, however, his positive attitude has cracked. After all he has been through, he's tried hs best to put some life in the new world they live in, through encouragement, jokes, and simple kindness. But at this point, his depression has seeped too deep, and he has become more and more pained. Unlike before, where his generosity was genuine, nowadays people see that most of the time, he's being more or less fake in his smiling and enjoyment. But he does it to keep other people happy, even if it might seem false.

Bio: Connifer was born in October 2001, born and raised in Knoxville, Tennessee with his father, older sister and mother. In 2012, his father and sister died in a car accident. In addition to the pain caused by this, his father had no life insurance and most of the income gained for the family was from his father's job at a power plant. Connifer and his mother were forced into poverty, his mother working a full-time job at a supermarket. It only became worse in 2013, during the Cordyceps fungus outbreak. Knoxville was overrun, and he and his mother began to flee to South Carolina when they were attacked in Charlotte. His mother didn't make it.
He was forced to survive in the city, living off whatever he could find. He had several close calls in Charlotte when the military had come in and secured the city. For a time Charlotte was safe. There he met a girl named Alissa. They fell in love and he and Alissa had a child. In March 2025, Caroline was born. In 2028 Charlotte was also overrun again, sending Connifer, Alissa and Caroline on the run again. They finally made it to South Carolina, something Connifer had been trying to do for over a decade now. They wandered South Carolina for some time, going from place to place and searching for a permanent home. They were making their way to Charleston after hearing a radio signal when they were attacked by a group of Runners on the road. Alissa was killed, while Connifer managed to escape with Caroline. He and Caroline went up the coast and ended up at Murrell's Inlet. They were quarantined in the military outpost. It was fine until, in 2032 Caroline was scanned.

She was infected.

Strengths: Kindness, Compassion, good at melee and scavenging.

Weaknesses: Depression, lack of willpower or energy to do things. Lonesome.

*Living Family Members (include locations):

*Quirks: He has a good sense of humor, even though at this point it's dry.

*Likes: Writing, cooking, hunting, friendliness, the countryside, Star Wars.

*Dislikes: Mentioning his daughter or family, insects, open spaces, Star Trek.

*Worst Fears: At this point, all of them have happened, so none.

*Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add):

Lookin' good. Accepted.

Vulkata II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkata II » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:39 am

So wait what does the desks looks like? Toll booths or actual offices?

_[' ]_

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:07 am

Vulkata II wrote:So wait what does the desks looks like? Toll booths or actual offices?

Think of a typical rectangle desk, like this one.

They are each in the town hall lobby, which is a pretty spacious room. The desks lined up in rows, two across and five down the lobby. Each has a piece of paper with everybody's names on the desk with a pencil.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse