NATION

PASSWORD

Mass Effect Factions :: The Message((OOC/Open))

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:05 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:I am going to be swimming in credits at the beginning of the RP due to these garden moons and worlds.

This is perfect, as I can use the cash to build up my military and bring some good ole' freedom to nations in need of it...

The autocracy doesn't want your freedom, but you are more then welcome to try.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Segmentia wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:I am going to be swimming in credits at the beginning of the RP due to these garden moons and worlds.

This is perfect, as I can use the cash to build up my military and bring some good ole' freedom to nations in need of it...

Oh come on now, they probably don't even know what real freedom is!

We will plunder your nation for resources show them how good freedom is!

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:13 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Segmentia wrote:

Oh come on now, they probably don't even know what real freedom is!

I wouldn't count on it :P I'll be playing a very tech heavy game this time around.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:32 pm

Segmentia wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Oh come on now, they probably don't even know what real freedom is!

I wouldn't count on it :P I'll be playing a very tech heavy game this time around.

Looks like I'll have to compete with you.

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:41 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Segmentia wrote:

Looks like I'll have to compete with you.

I'm not sure you'll really be able to.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:43 pm

Segmentia wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Looks like I'll have to compete with you.

Why not?

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:45 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Segmentia wrote:

Why not?

I've got some pretty decent traits for my species that give me some decent research buffs, but because my people can't colonize other planets, just build mining and industry structures on them.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:50 pm

Segmentia wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Why not?

I've got some pretty decent traits for my species that give me some decent research buffs, but because my people can't colonize other planets, just build mining and industry structures on them.

What traits in particular?

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:51 pm

Segmentia wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Why not?

Seg's race gets research bonuses from industrial buildings I believe it was. All planets are considered "Uninhabitable" to them however. Only offworld colonization they will have is the expensive orbital and space station ones.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:52 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Segmentia wrote:

Seg's race gets research bonuses from industrial buildings I believe it was. All planets are considered "Uninhabitable" to them however. Only offworld colonization they will have is the expensive orbital and space station ones.

I don't think war is going to work then...

Though, is there some sort of balance from this to keep it from becoming overpowered?

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:01 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

I don't think war is going to work then...

Though, is there some sort of balance from this to keep it from becoming overpowered?

Espionage. Go sabotage stuff. Delay or destroy research. Steal research. There is no defense for Espionage except Espionage. That's why G-Tech put it in, if I may make enormous assumptions.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:14 pm

Alright, I spend some more money on infrastructure from other worlds and added everything up.

I'll be making 798 credits the first month. This will increase rapidly as I build more infrastructure on those barren moons and extract those sweet credits.

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:24 pm

'Over powered'

In a series of rps that allowed the Vorcha to develop dark matter weapons in a few months. Riiiight :p

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:39 pm

Segmentia wrote:'Over powered'

In a series of rps that allowed the Vorcha to develop dark matter weapons in a few months. Riiiight :p

Or Illium to start producing 30 Dreadnoughts and have them all completed by month 15.. but we only got to month 10 x.x

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:27 pm

Dark matter weapons? In Mass Effect? WTF!

Kinistian
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:34 am

Faction:The Dominion of the Yal’sim(The Dominion for Short)

Leader:Prime Minister Lama Tu

History: The Yal’sim evolved in mostly aquatic world of Rishi where they inhabited the world wide ocean and the coastal areas around the only continent which was inhabited by another sentient species the Plusonians,a highly imperialist and militarist species who say the early Yal’sim little more than race of weaklings ripe for conquest and enslavement.

The Plusonians would raid and siege the Yal’sim coastal cities,razing them to the ground and enslaving the populace who usually died under the harsh conditions of forced labor destroyed their overall weak bodies. The resulting depopulation of the Yal’sim and the the aggressive Plusonians forced the remaining Yal’sim to the depths of Rish’s oceans. To save their species from extinction,the Yal’sim began to develop advance clone technology in which they could repopulate their fallen numbers to a more suitable levels.

For the next few thousand years,the Yal’sim remained in Rishi’s oceans developing advanced technology at astounding rates while the Plusonians Empire Imploded on itself as their Industrial Revolution caused the rise of different regional nationalistic movements across the continent. The Plusonians would focus so hard in their own wars and industry that they failed to understand their environmental impact on the planet.

Rishi’s Ice caps were slowly melting because the Plusonians pumped the atmosphere with so much greenhouse gases that sea levels began to rise and rise they did. Rishi’s land mass very close to sea level,in fact on land there was no such thing as Mountains. The Plusonains were slowly sinking into Rishi’s oceans.

It was at this time that the technology advance Yal’sim emerged from the oceans once again. They had developed space faring technology during their absent from the surface world and have been more or less cleaning up the mess of the Plusonian’s pollution. As they watched the Plusonains sink,the Yal’sim offered all Plusonains the chance to live as genetic clone banks...most refused and even tried to shoot down the Yal’sim space ship with nuclear arms but where instead destroyed by the Yal’sim themselves. Those who did accept were taken to floating surface cities over the ocean,as genetic breeding pets for the Yal’sim to make their future perfect clones.

The last survivors watched as their home finally was swept under the ocean as the Yal’sim tinkered with their genetic make ups. Fast forward a few hundred years later and the Yal’sim had completely subjugated the Plusonias whose natural population is all but gone except for a million of so breeders who the Yal’sim use to create more genetically superior clones. These Clones are all but in name slaves to the Dominion,to be used as tools of labor and if the need arises war! Clones though actually have a good standard of living,as they are usually assigned jobs based on their personalities and abilities. Yal’sim are actually very proud of their clones,as they are their finest creation,especially their clone troopers which is one the most desired job for clones as many more benefits are given to them and they can actually achieve some sort of military and political power.

Yal’sim

Strength-2
Dexterity-5
Constitution-4
Intelligence-15
Wisdom-10
Charisma-4

Traits
Cloners:The Yal'sim pride themselves of having the most advanced cloning technology there is,cloning workforces and soldiers whenever the need arises.(Ground Units(and naval personnel,not the ships themselves) take 1 less month to build and cost 17% less).
Political Geniuses: With most of the more labor intensive jobs taken over by their clone property,the Yal’sim are free to achieve the more higher standard careers like scientist and politicians,while also filling the roles of generals and admirals to lead their clone armies. This allows them to put all their effort into their respective field,making them masters at whatever they chose to do. Their politicians are so adapt they were able to convince a dying race that servitude under cloning was a better alternative than extinction.(Yal’sim Politicians are some of the best the galaxy,giving them a lot of diplomatic power,trade routes and banks yield 10% more and better relations with newly discovered species than most).
Scientific Society: On the other end of Yal’sim society are their scientist who probably have power equal to that of their politicians and military counterparts. As such they are completely devoted to their fields.(1 Free Research station with no economic deduction on the homeworld plus all research station produce 20 RPs)

Clones(Plusonains)
Never really seen out of their armour

Strength-10
Dexterity-5
Constitution-12
Intelligence-5
Wisdom-3
Charisma-5
Physically Adapted: Clones are genetically made to wage war and provide manual labor making them better combat effective then most.
Loyalty:They were taught and genetically made to be loyal to the Yal’sim and such do everything they have been told to the letter.
Militarily Minded:The Domininon Military is all this Clones will ever know as such they are some of the best trained and prepared ground units in the galaxy.

Infrastructure and Claimed World's:
3 Urban Areas
2 Fuel Depots
5 Mining Complexes
3 Industrial Complexes
1 Shipyard
1 Small Spaceport

Military:
2 Dreadnaughts
2 Fleet Carriers
2 Bulk Transports
4 Battlecruisers
2 Light Cruisers

24 Marnie Divisions

Galactic Location:lower right of the Nemean Abyss,on the Eagle Nebula Trans Omega Relay Lane.

RP Example:you have seen me rp

Questions and Suggestions:nope
Hekaton
Last edited by Kinistian on Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:57 am

Home System: Rishi + 2 Planets

Rishi - Garden
Asteroid Belt
Planet A - Non-hostile Terrestrial
Planet B - Non-hostile Terrestrial
Asteroid Belt

1st System: 3 Planets

Planet A - Hostile Terrestrial
Moon a - Barren
Planet B - Barren
Moon b - Barren
Asteroid Belt
Planet C - Near Garden

2nd System: 3 Planets

Planet A - Near Garden
Planet B - Gas Giant
Moon b1 - Barren
Moon b2 - Barren
Planet C - Barren

Ok, just preliminary over every race. If we could separate the traits into the 2 Species and then 1 Homeworld. I've noticed also that I may have accidentally made the stat generator a bit.. confusing. It was meant to read as each stat has a total of 5 points in it to start, and then you have 40 points to add to everything. Thus, you can either add 5 to all the numbers you have presently (average of all your stats should come to be 11.6)

If you need help in where to put your stats here is the best description of the stats I could find using tomatoes.

Strength is the Ability to Crush a Tomato
Dexterity is the ability to Dodge a Tomato (or catch one)
Constitution is the ability to eat a bad Tomato
Intelligence is the ability to know a Tomato is a fruit
Wisdom is the ability to know not to put Tomatoes into fruit Salad
Charisma is the ability to sell a Tomato based fruit salad

Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentumurbem » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:13 am

I think I'm done.
Argentumurbem wrote:Faction: Mundane
Leader: Father Eloste
History: Before they knew of the Mass Effect, the beings of Pelica they knew of the grid. Before the grid, they were divided, individuals without the direction of Eloste or the power of the Hive. When they first stepped into the light of sentience the Ulth were a harmonic people, preferring a simple life in equilibrium with their surroundings. This brought great bounty to them over the centuries, as the race evolved ever-slowly to become a true member of the life cycle. However, with such humble designs there was no innovation beyond that which could preserve the natural order, the status quo made not by sentience or will but the random chance of the universe.

And even then, the Ulth took to science as if there were no greater pursuit. The power to create life, to create that which is not real and yet it alive. First it were machines, slaves as clumsy as they were stupid. They turned then to the natural world, to the smallest of beings. They created insects, identical to their natural counterparts except for their gods. From these the Ulth turned to greater designs, to greater horizons.

That is, until the Awakening. For a day and a night the sky turned bronze and the seas soured, earth turned to stone and mountains fell into dust. As the climates changed forever the Ulth began to die in their droves. The rivers began to dam with the corpses, bone welding like iron to leather and sinew as entire cultures were slain. For all their want of peace and harmony, for all their pursuits in keeping the world alive and pure, the Ulth were destined to be extinguished. The survivors began to adapt to their new world, to a land ever changing. For many, the process was too slow.

Fear drove them to drastic measures. Such measures had only ever seemed a dream, a promise that their descendants a thousand times removed would make good on. The Ulth cried out their promises like dogma, paranoia bringing forth such wonder from within the race. Scientific and technical knowledge long thought useless proved itself on the day of Revelation. On that day, the first centers of the Hive were activated.

Revelation has changed the Ulth beyond recognition. They are phantoms now, wraiths driving machines the same way a brain drives the body of a natural creation. The Hives are their homes now. To the eyes of an outsider they are nothing more than industrial complexes, vast factories consuming raw resources and vomiting forth such machines that appear to be clones of the observer themselves. And yet inside, in the world of the data core, each Hive stretching to the limits of imagination. Here the millennium old Ulth continue their ageless existence, designing newer machines, more intricate beings to carry their presence into the world of matter.
Infrastructure and Claimed Worlds: Income: 1,112cr
Berrik System - 673cr
- Pelica (garden world)
1 Natural Income - 100
3 Urban Areas - 120
2 Fuel Depots - 10
5 Mining Complexes - 50
3 Industrial Complexes - 21
1 Shipyard - 15
1 Small Spaceport - 60
Total: 376cr
Industrial Capacity: 700
Production Time: 1.0
- Alveen - Barren Moon
1 Natural Income - 10
1 Mining Complex - 5
Total: 15cr
Industrial Capacity: 0
Production Time: 0
- Serca- Barren Moon
1 Natural Income - 10
1 Mining Complex - 5
- Hyphadron - Gas Giant
Total: 0cr
- Belle Yas- Barren Moon
1 Natural Income - 10
1 Mining Complex - 5
- Pramas- Barren Moon
1 Natural Income - 10
1 Mining Complex - 5
- Cora- Barren Moon
1 Natural Income - 10
1 Mining Complex - 5
- Oramal- Barren Moon
1 Natural Income - 10
1 Mining Complex - 5
- Asteroid Belt
- Pelugia - Barren World
1 Natural Income - 40
1 Fuel Depot - 5
1 Mining Complex - 5
1 Industrial Complex - 7
Total: 57cr
Industrial Capacity: 100
- Tallis- Barren Moon
1 Natural Income - 10
1 Mining Complex - 5
- Ira Drou- Barren Moon
1 Natural Income - 10
1 Mining Complex - 5
- Terri Vex - Non-Hostile Terrestrial
1 Natural Income - 75
1 Fuel Depot - 5
3 Mining Complex - 15
1 Major Mining Complex - 15
Total: 120cr
Industrial Capacity: 500
- Asteroid Belt

Ferrox System - 145cr
- Asteroid Belt
- Kerralong - Garden
1 Natural Income - 100
4 Mining Complexes - 20
1 Major Mining Complexes - 15
2 Fuel Depot - 10
Total: 145cr
- Dunnack - Gas Giant
- Asteroid Belt

Xi Gerx - 294cr
- Ressug Sel - Hostile Terrestrial
1 Natural Income - 50
1 Fuel Depot - 5
2 Mining Complexes - 10
1 Industrial Complex - 7
Total: 72cr
Industrial Capacity: 300
- Pallon - Gas Giant
- Gallacrox - Hostile Terrestrial
1 Natural Income - 50
1 Fuel Depot - 5
2 Mining Complexes - 10
1 Industrial Complex - 7
Total: 72cr
Industrial Capacity: 300
- Ool Maa - Near Garden
1 Natural Income - 100
3 Mining Complexes - 15
2 Major Mining Complexes - 30
1 Fuel Depot - 5
Total: 150cr

Military:
The Chance - Dreadnought (100)
Sevenfold Star - Fleet Carrier (85)
- 103rd (Fighter) (6)
- 11th (Fighter) (6)
- 941st (Fighter) (6)
- 71st (Fighter) (6)
- 002nd (Fighter) (6)
Gilded Honour - Battlecruiser (60)
Voyage Dawn - Battlecruiser (60)
Bowstring - Battlecruiser (60)
Well of Gold - Battlecruiser (60)
Silent Road - Battlecruiser (60)
Under Hour - Dreadnought (100)
Twilight Sun - Fleet Carrier (85)
Peaceful Tower - Battlecruiser (60)
The Sage - Battlecruiser (60)
Brilliant Charter - Battlecruiser (60)
Divergent - Battlecruiser (60)
Magister Tome - Battlecruiser (60)

Galactic Location: Annos Basin
Race:
- STRENGTH: 10
- DEXTERITY: 10
- CONSTITUTION: 15
- INTELLIGENCE: 20
- WISDOM: 10
- CHARISMA: 5
Traits:
- Physical Allure: The Ulth manufacture synth bodies which mirror that of the race they intend to meet with (useful when caring for a beehive)
- Synthetic: The Ulth "live" in a virtual world, their material bodies merely whatever the driver requires.
History: Asteroid Impact
RP Example: Previous ME:F RPs
Questions and Suggestions: Probably a nitpick but can the buildings list be divided to better show requirements? As it stands I do not know what is counted as a "Major structure" and if the spaceports are mutually exclusive or if I can have upto 3 spaceports (of the various sizes) on a planet. Carrying on from that, I would also suggest/request that dreadnoughts require a military shipyard to be constructed, to better represent the nature of the warships.
Hekaton
To Stop The Scythe - A Sci-Fi RP set in the world of Mass Effect. Join the Shadow Broker's team and hunt down the mysteries surrounding the Protheans, uncovering secrets that were best left unknown and fight your way to the knowledge that can bring about the destruction of the Reapers.

Ironsbad
Minister

Founded: Dec 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ironsbad » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:03 am

The Orson Empire wrote:

Dark matter weapons? In Mass Effect? WTF!

Yeah, learned my lesson and all I have to say is...
Never again.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:04 am

Ironsbad wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Dark matter weapons? In Mass Effect? WTF!

Yeah, learned my lesson and all I have to say is...
Never again.

Honestly, I found that whole conversation an interesting exercise in technological feasibility and the suspension of disbelief.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ironsbad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ironsbad » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:06 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ironsbad wrote:Yeah, learned my lesson and all I have to say is...
Never again.

Honestly, I found that whole conversation an interesting exercise in technological feasibility and the suspension of disbelief.

Yeah but it caused a shitstorm that wasn't needed. I still have some creative ideas but I have a tech tree that will work with it. More infrastructure, economics, and exploration. With less emphasis on military.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:09 am

Ironsbad wrote:

Yeah but it caused a shitstorm that wasn't needed. I still have some creative ideas but I have a tech tree that will work with it. More infrastructure, economics, and exploration. With less emphasis on military.

Pfft. People shitstormed over your guns, but by the endgame I was redirecting solar flares as weaponry. That came from infrastructure, economics, and not my military techs ;)
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ironsbad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ironsbad » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:12 am

Ironsbad wrote:Yeah but it caused a shitstorm that wasn't needed. I still have some creative ideas but I have a tech tree that will work with it. More infrastructure, economics, and exploration. With less emphasis on military.

Pfft. People shitstormed over your guns, but by the endgame I was redirecting solar flares as weaponry. That came from infrastructure, economics, and not my military techs ;)

But its behind us and I got some ideas and more creativity with my race, just trying to find a picture that isn't a Deep One.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:13 am

Ironsbad wrote:

But its behind us and I got some ideas and more creativity with my race, just trying to find a picture that isn't a Deep One.

la! la!

Kinistian
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:37 am

Nuxipal wrote:
Home System: Rishi + 2 Planets

Rishi - Garden
Asteroid Belt
Planet A - Non-hostile Terrestrial
Planet B - Non-hostile Terrestrial
Asteroid Belt

1st System: 3 Planets

Planet A - Hostile Terrestrial
Moon a - Barren
Planet B - Barren
Moon b - Barren
Asteroid Belt
Planet C - Near Garden

2nd System: 3 Planets

Planet A - Near Garden
Planet B - Gas Giant
Moon b1 - Barren
Moon b2 - Barren
Planet C - Barren

Ok, just preliminary over every race. If we could separate the traits into the 2 Species and then 1 Homeworld. I've noticed also that I may have accidentally made the stat generator a bit.. confusing. It was meant to read as each stat has a total of 5 points in it to start, and then you have 40 points to add to everything. Thus, you can either add 5 to all the numbers you have presently (average of all your stats should come to be 11.6)

If you need help in where to put your stats here is the best description of the stats I could find using tomatoes.

Strength is the Ability to Crush a Tomato
Dexterity is the ability to Dodge a Tomato (or catch one)
Constitution is the ability to eat a bad Tomato
Intelligence is the ability to know a Tomato is a fruit
Wisdom is the ability to know not to put Tomatoes into fruit Salad
Charisma is the ability to sell a Tomato based fruit salad

What's wrong with my app?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse