NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout: United We Stand (OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Fallout: United We Stand (OOC/Open)

Postby Tayner » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:04 pm

Many thanks to New Gresten-San for the unctuous banner.
IC
The Pub

In the year 2077, the world was schorched by nuclear fire which twisted humanity's fate beyond all repair. A group of scholars and scientists tried their best to rebuild it, but their methods were so twisted and their aims so horrific, that in 2288, they were destroyed and wiped from the face of the earth.

We called them the Institute.

Because of their very existence the entire Commonwealth Wasteland was ripped apart, and put back together again. The Commonwealth Minutemen were refounded, stronger than ever. Everywhere from Bunker Hill to the Great Green Gem of the Commonwealth itself, Diamond City flew their flag. After defeating the Institute, the Minutemen had no shortage of recruits and support. The two large cities being a major source of manpower and caps, with the smaller settlements growing surplus food to supply them. The entire Commonwealth was once again united under the Minutemen's protection.

Meanwhile, the BoS having their main objective technically completed in the region, were facing political pressure from back home and had to temporarily withdraw from the region to regroup. It took two years of gathering supplies and construction, but they had layed down another airship, the Retribution. While not as big and mighty as the Prydwin, the Retribution would solely operate as a flying logistics base, with enough supplies and room for troops to keep the Brotherhood presence in the area sustained for much longer than the Prydwin alone could.

Their mission this time, to recover any and all technology in the Commonwealth through brute force, and destroy any remnants of the Institute which had escaped during the evacuation order.

It is now 2291, three years after the destruction of The Institute, and the Sole Survivor retreating into a quiet retirement elsewhere. The BoS has recently made their second incursion into the region, and tensions are high between them and the many factions in the region. There region is a powder keg, and soon a spark will cause it to explode.

As we know all too well; war, war never changes.

Long story short, the Minutemen have grown to be a formidable force, and with the return of the Brotherhood, they are the only thing that is keeping the Brotherhood from ransacking the entire region like it was the Pitt. You will lead a faction that will either be drawn into the conflict, or find a way to make a profit off of it.

Major/Important Settlements

Diamond City: The Great Green Gem of the Commonwealth, Dimond City, is the largest settlement in the entire region. While still it's own political entity, it has been continuously been supporting the Minutemen.

Goodneighbor: The same old trashy settlement it's always been, Goodneighbor saw an influx of drifters after the Institute was destroyed, as many people once skeptical of the place which could be controlled by synths was proven once again safe, and remnants of the Railroad found a safe place to stay.

Sanctuary Hills: Where the Minutemen were refounded, Sanctuary has grown to be quite the settlement. While providing the Minutemen with artillery coverage in the Southwest, it also houses over three dozen permanent settlers. It's close proximity to other settlements in the area like Abernathy Farm and Starlight Drive-In, to name a few, have also lead it to be a central trading hub.

The Castle: Previously called Fort Independence, The Castle is the Headquarters of the Minutemen, and the home of Radio Freedom. It houses dozens upon dozens of Minutemen who from there, launch missions all over the Commonwealth. Under the Command of Ronnie Shaw, the fortress has been completely rebuilt, with all the bastions repaired.

Bunker Hill: The largest trading hub in the Commonwealth, ever since the destruction of the Institute and pledging support to the Minutemen, Old Man Stockton has been able to expand his caravan business which has brought even more caps into the Commonwealth's economy. Besides more caravaners, and a few Minutemen posted there to defend it, it hasn't grown much.

(If you feel like another settlement should be added, please tell me and I'll be glad to expand the list.)

Rules:
1) Read the Rules
2) This isn't NSG, regular NS rules still apply here
2) No godmoding/metagaming, ect
4) Forget I put two twice and skipped three
5) Have fun I guess?

These Rules are enforced by me, and my Co-OPs New Grestin and Anowa

Faction App:
Code: Select all
NS Name:
Faction Name:
Claims:
Number of Settlers:
Military Size: (Don't be unreasonably large)
Breif History: (Two-Three paragraphs)
RP Example:
2277 (Do not remove)

Character Application: (Delete all in parenthesis)
Code: Select all
Name: (obvious)
Gender/Sex: (also obvious)
Race: (Ghoul, Super-Mutie, Synth, Human)
Height: (^)
Weight: (^)
Appearance: (Picture or detailed definition)
Equipment: (Weapons, armor, notable outfits, aid)
Biography: (Their life.)
2281 Do Not Remove!

(Many Thanks to Anowa for the Char app)

Faction Name: Commonwealth Minutemen
Claims: Any Settlement that supports their cause (most of the commonwealth)
Number of Settlers: 0 (To clarify, I'm controlling the Minutemen, not the settlements they protect.)
Military Size: 198 Minutemen, 32 attack dogs, 1 sentry bot, 4 protections, 3 Mr. Gutsys, 2 Eyebots, 7 Mr. Handys
Breif History: After the Quincy Massacre, the Minutemen were left in disarray, many ending up putting their laser muskets and uniforms away and returning home. However, it was one survivor of the massacre that made the difference, Preston Garvey. He met the Sole Survivor in 2288, and was rescued from raiders in Concord, where he and a few other survivors fled north to Sanctuary Hills. After building a small camp for the survivors, the Sole Survivor was tasked with helping various settlements across the Commonwealth, putting the needs of others before his own needs. It was this selflessness that refounded the Commonwealth Minutemen.

After months of rebuilding, and countless hours on the road, the Sole Survivor had built up the Minutemen enough to take on the Institute. After detonating a nuclear explosion not seen since the Great War, the threat of the Institute was gone. But the Minutemen still had an important mission in the Commonwealth, and that was to band together and fight to make it a safer place.

Shortly after the defeat of the Institute, the Sole Survivor retired and went elsewhere, appointing General Blake Abernathy to replace him. General Abernathy continued the mission, conducting many notable missions, Like clearing out College Square, to destroying the Gunners encamped at Quincy. Currently he has a small number of volunteers ready for action, but can call upon hundreds of citizens to grab their rifles and move to protect the Commonwealth at any minute.
RP Example: OP Privilege

Name: General Blake Abernathy
Gender/Sex: Male
Race: Human
Height: 5 11
Weight: 180
Appearance: TBD
Equipment: Automatic Laser Musket, General's uniform and Tricorn Hat, 4 stimpacks and a small silver locket.
Biography: Born and raised in the Commonwealth, Blake was a minuteman in his younger years, retiring to a life of farming when he started his family. His farm one of the first settlements to support the Minutemen, he played a crucial role in supplying the early Minutemen with food and clean water, as well as a safe place to stay. When the Minutemen retook The Castle, he sent even more supplies to rebuild it.

With his farm's close proximity to Sanctuary, and other settlements that were nearby, he was commissioned as a captain in the Minutemen and was given the job to run logistics and coordinate patrols in the Northeastern part of the Commonwealth. He raised 20 Minutemen from his area to assist the General with his assault on the Institute, and armed each of them with a full set of leather armor and a laser musket.

After being appointed to General, his first action was to clear Concord of raiders, which was relatively easy, which didn't consume much reasources. After which, he raised an army, fifty in total, mostly composed of veterans of the Institute-Commonwealth war, and personally marched upon Quincy, with Preston Garvey and Ronnie Shaw at his side. After the battle, he granted each one the rank of Colonel.

Now, he resides in Fort Independence, coordinating with militias all across the Commonwealth to make the Commonwealth a better place.
2281 Do Not Remove!

Last edited by Tayner on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:06 pm

FAQ
Because of misunderstandings over some things, I've decided to clarify and answer a few questions that I get a lot here.

Q: What are your claims?
A: Your claims are basically the map-marker that you can see on your Pip-Boy. If you control multiple map markers, and they're nearby, your claims would be the territory between the map markers.

Q: Can we use DLC content?
A: No, as I don't have access to the DLCs, I won't be able to regulate, or verify anything, as well as answer any questions relating to them. Don't worry, there are plenty of factions in the Commonwealth to control.

Q: Can I have 2,473 guys in my settlement?
A: Fuck no. Keep numbers low, I don't want this turning into godmod central.

Q: Does my faction leader need an application?
A: Yes, I'm sure people interacting with your faction's leader doesn't want to have to work with a faceless goon.

Roster:
ACCEPTED CHARACTERS:
Marcus "Man of Many Titles" Konig - Anowa
Kyle Arkwright - Vacif
Cale Blacklight - Theyra
The Russian (Vasily Ilyich Smironov) - The Moscow Metro Red Line
Sentinel Maryse Lourd - La Cancion
Sylvester Tweed - Ironsbad
General Blake Abernathy - Tayner

Accepted Factions:
New Quincy - Vacif
Lighters - Theyra
East Coast BoS Remnant - La Cancion
Commonwealth Minutemen - Tayner
The Tuska - Ironsbad
Last edited by Tayner on Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:13 pm

Tagging.

We can have a faction and fill out a character app for the leader right?
Last edited by The first Galactic Republic on Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:15 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:Tagging.

We can have a faction and fill out a character app for the leader right?

Sure, now that you mention it, I should make it a requirement.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:17 pm

So what claims can a faction have?

La Cancion de Guerra
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby La Cancion de Guerra » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:24 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:So what claims can a faction have?

Yeah so I would join if this is clarified, from my understanding you want this to be like the game: a character based game but we are a part of factions and use our MC's to move those faction goals along?
I've heard a lot on these interwebs, but I'm the manager if there's any questions #BanBossy
Just call me Tay if Cancion or Guerra don't fit ya.

Red Croatia wrote:I think that Tay would be great in bed.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:With no disrespect intended... god damn.

Ironsbad
Minister

Founded: Dec 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ironsbad » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:25 pm

What happened to Nuka World or Cold Harbor?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:30 pm

What are our claims, the Major settlements or what?
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:32 pm

Depends on the faction. What faction are you interested in.

La Cancion de Guerra wrote:

Yeah so I would join if this is clarified, from my understanding you want this to be like the game: a character based game but we are a part of factions and use our MC's to move those faction goals along?

It's a faction RP, but your leader needs an app too so when we look at your faction we don't see a faceless figurehead.

As for claims, it's basically what map markers you have under your control, and of you own a bunch in one area, then you would likely control the land in between. Like the land between Abernathy Farm, Trading Spring Co. (If that is the right name for it), the Red Rocket, starlight drive-in, and Graygarden (basically the northwestern part of the map) would be Minuteman territory.

Ironsbad wrote:What happened to Nuka World or Cold Harbor?

We're not going to talk about the DLC stuff here because I haven't played them and I don't want to include something in the RP I know nothing about.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:32 pm

Another question, can my character secretly be a Gen 3 synth with memories from a pre-war scientist?

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:32 pm

Tayner wrote:

Depends on the faction. What faction are you interested in.

La Cancion de Guerra wrote:

It's a faction RP, but your leader needs an app too so when we look at your faction we don't see a faceless figurehead.

As for claims, it's basically what map markers you have under your control, and of you own a bunch in one area, then you would likely control the land in between. Like the land between Abernathy Farm, Trading Spring Co. (If that is the right name for it), the Red Rocket, starlight drive-in, and Graygarden (basically the northwestern part of the map) would be Minuteman territory.

Ironsbad wrote:What happened to Nuka World or Cold Harbor?

We're not going to talk about the DLC stuff here because I haven't played them and I don't want to include something in the RP I know nothing about.

My own faction? Do we have to be part of a canon faction?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:33 pm

Well, i was doing a small gun Runner Branch, what would be an overlarge military number?

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Jadwell
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:36 pm

Can my faction be a merchant organisation/group of traders/expedition group from Ronto, Canada?
Also GTG.
Last edited by Jadwell on Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:38 pm

Jadwell wrote:Can my faction be a merchant organisation/group of traders/expedition group from Ronto, Canada?
Also GTG.

Not sure Ronto would be considered Canon here, it is mentioned once in a DLC, thenit would also depend upon choices from FO 3 as well, and i am not Sure if Tay would want to have to do that.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

WIPity WIP

Postby Anowa » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:39 pm

Application
Name: Marcus "Man of Many Titles" Konig
Gender/Sex: Male
Race: Human
Height: 6'0
Weight: 197 lbs
Appearance: The Man Who Won The Mojave
Equipment: Medicine Stick, Ranger Sequoia, Blood Nap, Courier's Gear (Amalgam Unique)
Biography: (Their life.)
2281 Do Not Remove!
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Jadwell
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:39 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Jadwell wrote:Can my faction be a merchant organisation/group of traders/expedition group from Ronto, Canada?
Also GTG.

Not sure Ronto would be considered Canon here, it is mentioned once in a DLC, thenit would also depend upon choices from FO 3 as well, and i am not Sure if Tay would want to have to do that.

If allowed I'll do my Ronto idea, if not being the Gunners.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:40 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:Another question, can my character secretly be a Gen 3 synth with memories from a pre-war scientist?

I don't know how the Institute would give him memories of a pre war scientist, but I'm sure you can find a way to justify it.

My rule is, if you can justify it and it's not to far fetched (No Zetan invasions), I'll let it happen.
Shadowwell wrote:Well, i was doing a small gun Runner Branch, what would be an overlarge military number?

Well, it depends on how many people you have. The Gun Runners branch in NV had about half a dozen manufacturers and a handful of guards for their compound if I recall correctly, and you would probably have a few sales representatives.

I say if you're a conventional faction, around 10%, but there are always exceptions.

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Tayner wrote:Depends on the faction. What faction are you interested in.

My own faction? Do we have to be part of a canon faction?

No, you do not have to be a part of a cannon faction, you can create your own if you want to.

Shadowwell wrote:
Also GTG.

Yeah, pretty much. You can just say you're a trading faction from the Capital Wasteland that moved to the commonwealth before the events of fallout three.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:43 pm

Tayner wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:Another question, can my character secretly be a Gen 3 synth with memories from a pre-war scientist?

I don't know how the Institute would give him memories of a pre war scientist, but I'm sure you can find a way to justify it.

My rule is, if you can justify it and it's not to far fetched (No Zetan invasions), I'll let it happen.
Shadowwell wrote:Well, i was doing a small gun Runner Branch, what would be an overlarge military number?

Well, it depends on how many people you have. The Gun Runners branch in NV had about half a dozen manufacturers and a handful of guards for their compound if I recall correctly, and you would probably have a few sales representatives.

I say if you're a conventional faction, around 10%, but there are always exceptions.

The first Galactic Republic wrote:My own faction? Do we have to be part of a canon faction?

No, you do not have to be a part of a cannon faction, you can create your own if you want to.

Shadowwell wrote:Not sure Ronto would be considered Canon here, it is mentioned once in a DLC, thenit would also depend upon choices from FO 3 as well, and i am not Sure if Tay would want to have to do that.

Yeah, pretty much. You can just say you're a trading faction from the Capital Wasteland that moved to the commonwealth before the events of fallout three.

The Institute actually did give some synths memories from pre-war people.

Okay I'll make my apps now. Not sure what parts of the map a neutral faction should stick to so I'll guess and if I'm wrong give me some advice.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:45 pm

well, the branch will be small, but i was thinking 125 or so people total, most will be guards, some of which will be transient. (Meaning they wont always be there, but will guard caravans back to the Mojave/other areas.)

they may have a merchant area in Diamond city if allowed. I am trying to find atleast one or two places to be claims.

Though could there be a Gunrunners base in the Capital Wasteland, that this group came from, or something similar?
Last edited by Shadowwell on Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironsbad
Minister

Founded: Dec 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ironsbad » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:46 pm

Would it possible to have a super mutant faction that has gotten some FEV vats from the ruins of the Institute in a bid to wage war against the Humans?

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:52 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Tayner wrote:I don't know how the Institute would give him memories of a pre war scientist, but I'm sure you can find a way to justify it.

The Institute actually did give some synths memories from pre-war people.

Okay I'll make my apps now. Not sure what parts of the map a neutral faction should stick to so I'll guess and if I'm wrong give me some advice.

I'd say anywhere is fine, but I'd suggest the USAF satellite array near the northern edge of the map. It is a good defensive spot and it's relitavely out of the way so it won't get caught up in the crossfire between any faction wars.

Ironsbad wrote:Would it possible to have a super mutant faction that has gotten some FEV vats from the ruins of the Institute in a bid to wage war against the Humans?

The only thing left of the Institute is a giant crater.

Shadowwell wrote:well, the branch will be small, but i was thinking 125 or so people total, most will be guards, some of which will be transient. (Meaning they wont always be there, but will guard caravans back to the Mojave/other areas.)

they may have a merchant area in Diamond city if allowed. I am trying to find atleast one or two places to be claims.

Though could there be a Gunrunners base in the Capital Wasteland, that this group came from, or something similar?

I'd suggest having a base in the Capital wasteland, and having a couple dozen people in a base in the commonwealth along with a few caravaners who act as roaming sailsmen and a few people who would set up shops in the various settlements.. Maybe you could use Saugus Ironworks (If that's the correct name for it) or some other factory.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:52 pm

Shadowwell wrote:well, the branch will be small, but i was thinking 125 or so people total, most will be guards, some of which will be transient. (Meaning they wont always be there, but will guard caravans back to the Mojave/other areas.)

I mean, it's possible they survived the trek from NV with Courier 6 at their side.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:57 pm

So will i app for the small group or the Capital Wasteland Branch or both?

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:59 pm

Shadowwell wrote:So will i app for the small group or the Capital Wasteland Branch or both?

Well, I'm trying to keep thinks in the Commonwealth Wasteland so you can just say your branch branched off of one in the Capital Wasteland.

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:00 pm

Anowa wrote:

I mean, it's possible they survived the trek from NV with Courier 6 at their side.

But why would Courier 6 be going to the Commonwealth?
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse