NATION

PASSWORD

Sleepy Hollow IC (Accepting see OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Laurvier
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Laurvier » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:18 pm

Aubert Legal Services

"You have a good head on your shoulders Tara. Camouflage is certainly one way to go about it. Unfortunately we're the hunters aren't we. Our job in the end is to seek, not to hide. But yes, we must do a bit of hiding ourselves from time to time." Said James as he put the document away and examined her card for a moment. "Bullheaded agents have their uses. They're good for drawing out the enemy. Showing us what we're up against. Anyways, I will draft a report on your false narrative and file it away." He told her.

"Those are all sound hypotheses but that's all they are for now. Go ahead and follow up on any leads you have for the moment and keep me in the loop. I would concentrate on whether this was a random victim or a targeted killing. Whether the Lucardo boy was part of a specific group the murderer was trying to intimidate. That should narrow down the possibilities. I will be conducting my own investigation as I am able." James mused. "If you can, get me copies of the books and ledgers of this Lucardo bakery would you? I like to be thorough. The devil is always in the details as they say."
Last edited by Laurvier on Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:28 pm

Patrick OConner wrote:Earp's sharp eyes caught the movement of Lukas trying to hide something in his jacket.
"It is no use Mr. Luke trying to hide stuff. All of us is here know the truth so you might as well go ahead and let it out. I suspect we are all here for the same reason as well. So in the spirit of sharing, I got it on good authority that this was not the work of Heaven, not sure about the Vatican though. Them folks be crazy."
Suddenly the sound of a harmonica fills the room and Earp looks a little embarrassed. He pulls out his cell phone and opens it to reveal a grisly picture of Jonah dead mangled, and mostly intact. Earp looked shocked for a second. Then his face clouded with rage. With a snick he bit through his cigar and his teeth clacked together loudly and his mouth contorted into a snarl.
"Son of a bitch, look he is braggin and taunting us. He just forfeited his right to a trail, if I get to him first. He just signed his own death certificate." Earp growled in a low menacing voice.

"Okay, I'm DEFINITELY reporting this to Michael. He's going to want to know." Ariel said, peeking over Earp's shoulder to see the photo of Jonah's body. "Luckily I've seen enough death in my years that I'm immune or else that'd make even me sick." she muttered to herself, looking around the pawn shop. "It ain't natural whatever it is." Then some guy asked if there was a sports club going on as he entered the shop.
"No, more like The First 48 in real life club, wanna join? We have jackets." Ariel shot half sarcastically before the blonde girl who owned that dress shop down the street came in. "Hey, don't I know you?" the angel asked the newcomer as she stepped in. "Mairel, I run the shop just across from where that poor child was killed. It was horrible." Mairel spoke with some sort of accent, a very odd accent. Not like anything she'd ever heard humanly, and her aura definitely wasn't human. A supernatural then."
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

The Land of the Golden Blobfish
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the Golden Blobfish » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:02 pm

Dent's Pawn Shop

Too big, too bland. Oh, what’s this? He picked up a totem the size of his fist. This could work pretty good.
“So which one of you is the shop owner?” He walked up to the small group that had formed. “And that 48 thing, isn’t that a show? Like CSI but probably better, I mean, everythings better than CSI. But in all seriousness, are you talking about the supposed big thing that everythings talking about? I had this weird floating dude in my office earlier talking about some kid, but eh, who knows what they were rambling about.” He reached into his suit’s pockets, looking for something. “Huh? Did I run out of business cards? Oh wait, nevermind.” He took several out and gave each of them one:

Jake Stearne
Greatest Psychic of the 21'st century
“For all your supernatural needs”

“Renowned professional paranormal expert here from New York City. Jake Stearne, you must have heard of me. Well, obviously. Anyway, I’ll give you guys those in case you need my services. Oh what am I saying, of course you do. I’ve got the leads and you’ve got the cash- I mean! Uh, nevermind…”
Last edited by The Land of the Golden Blobfish on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:43 pm

Laurvier wrote:Aubert Legal Services

"You have a good head on your shoulders Tara. Camouflage is certainly one way to go about it. Unfortunately we're the hunters aren't we. Our job in the end is to seek, not to hide. But yes, we must do a bit of hiding ourselves from time to time." Said James as he put the document away and examined her card for a moment. "Bullheaded agents have their uses. They're good for drawing out the enemy. Showing us what we're up against. Anyways, I will draft a report on your false narrative and file it away." He told her.

"Those are all sound hypotheses but that's all they are for now. Go ahead and follow up on any leads you have for the moment and keep me in the loop. I would concentrate on whether this was a random victim or a targeted killing. Whether the Lucardo boy was part of a specific group the murderer was trying to intimidate. That should narrow down the possibilities. I will be conducting my own investigation as I am able." James mused. "If you can, get me copies of the books and ledgers of this Lucardo bakery would you? I like to be thorough. The devil is always in the details as they say."

"There must be a way to draw them out without necessarily blowing my cover..." she mused, apparently James had set the cogs turning in Tara's head, "One way or another I will make sure we get a copy of the accounts. I will admit that that is not my forte."

She inclined her head politely, "Brother Aubert, it was a pleasure to make your acquaintance." she said, before leaving, quietly closing the door on her way out.

She favoured Patrice with one of her most impudent smiles as she left the office, "He's playing hard to get at the moment but I think your boss secretly likes me." she declared, dropping straight back into her usual persona, "See you later!"

If Patrice went and spread her visit around, all the better - she didn't want it to look like a secretive meeting. Next on the list was the baker. This visit was definitely going to suck. Her phone was buzzing, her private one. Tara had used to carry an iPhone, but she had broken it a few times too many so now had a Galaxy s6 Active - the model with the reinforcements and water proofing. So far she hadn't managed to break it. She swiped it open, to find murder pictures, "Oh for crying out loud!" she declared to the world at large, then dialled Sheriff Dufresne as she continued walking towards the bakery.

Now if I were the killer, where would I be now? This last addition goes a bit beyond staging a body to put the town on edge and starts moving towards the open taunting of law enforcement. The killer probably feels some kind of pride in their accomplishment, in their cleverness. That kind of killer might well loiter at a crime scene, feeling a sense of power as law enforcement struggles to put together any clues as to their identity, though they wouldn't loiter for too long, they wouldn't want to draw attention to themselves... if there is another killing I might be able to lure them out.... best to take things one step at a time though and hope that there aren't any more murders...

Patrick OConner
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:26 pm

The pawn shop was finally feeling a little a crowded now and with the addition of Jack Stearne it was now down right cramped. And starting to get a little hot when Stearne started to run his mouth.
I hate the sound of his voice and him for that matter, to bad he loves it. Con artist are somewhere around there between shit and the undead.
In response, Earp reached down and drew one of his revolvers and with an audible clack cocked back the hammer. This caused Jack to come to hault mid speech.
"You know, keeping useful information from the police for such arbitrary reason as monetary gain strikes me a reason to slap someone with an obstruction of justice charge, or maybe just skip to the ....rigorous interrogation."
Earp smiles, but it stops at his eyes which glow dangerously.
"Which would be the case, if the person tooting there own horn actually knew something and was not just a useless fop trying to squeeze money where he could. In fact, it would be in such a persons best interest to scram before a person with a notoriously short fuse blew his top, followed by that person head off."
Earp looks to the bar keep and nods to him.
"I think it would be best for you good sir, to get back to your establishment. Certain things should not be heard or know to certain people. Because knowing them may put them in danger. In fact I would suggest, arming yourselves and forting up in case some...one comes after them. I would advise the same to everyone, and not to travel at night or in groups less than five with a minimum of 6 guns between them. Yes I am seroius."
Member of Task Force Atlas
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

Tech Level: Mix MT/PMT

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:54 am

Sighing Allister watched as his shop slowly filled with people until it was at its bursting point, then he replied to Luke, alibet quietly. "I'll tell you, though you wont get too much out of it, and we'll need better company if you expect me to do it. Somewhere I can take a closer look at that thread." Reaching over and taking the small, and extremely dangerous totem from the incessantly babbling man, before turning to the Angel with furrowed brows, "There's generally a rule against you in my shop, but Ill make an exception for my father. Hows his list coming anyway?" Ripping the business card in half and throwing it in the shams face, Dent walked around the counter and to the door, flipping his sign to closed and walking to the stairs to his living space, "Luke and Co may join me, customers get out."
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

The Land of the Golden Blobfish
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the Golden Blobfish » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:17 pm

“Woah getting some unwanted hostility here, not appreciated. But in all seriousness this looks like my cue to make like Seacrest and get out. After all, that killer isn’t going to capture himself now is he?” He started walking out but stopped at the doorway, “Oh and by the way, that totem sure does feel lighter now doesn’t it? It’s almost as if, well, wouldn’t want to spoil the surprise. Ta-ta!” What this was supposed to mean was beyond anyone before Jake casually walked out.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:33 pm

Frank Dufresne, Sleepy Hollow

Frank stood just behind Lukas, but remained silent, watching the exchange take place. As if it wasn't enough that he had to talk to a Fate, people started piling into the store shortly after their arrival. Irritating as it was, Dufresne could do little more than glare at the new arrivals. Suddenly, a cacophony of ringtones began to blare from the pockets of every person in the store, some more tasteful than others. This can't be good.

Frank drew his phone from his pocket and checked to see what he'd been messaged. Private Number. Without a second thought Frank opened the message, and to his genuine surprise his eyes were greeted by a number of pictures of their John Doe.

"Fuck . . ." he swore under his breath.

He looked up to see that everyone else had gotten the exact same message. His attention was brought back to his phone when it began vibrating again, this time the caller ID showed him a listed number, Cropper's. Lukas and Dent had moved towards the stairs to have a private conversation, one he surely would want to hear.

Frank sighed and deftly touched the green icon on his phone, whilst making his way to the door.

"Make it quick Cropper" Frank said.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:03 pm

Elerian wrote:Frank Dufresne, Sleepy Hollow

Frank stood just behind Lukas, but remained silent, watching the exchange take place. As if it wasn't enough that he had to talk to a Fate, people started piling into the store shortly after their arrival. Irritating as it was, Dufresne could do little more than glare at the new arrivals. Suddenly, a cacophony of ringtones began to blare from the pockets of every person in the store, some more tasteful than others. This can't be good.

Frank drew his phone from his pocket and checked to see what he'd been messaged. Private Number. Without a second thought Frank opened the message, and to his genuine surprise his eyes were greeted by a number of pictures of their John Doe.

"Fuck . . ." he swore under his breath.

He looked up to see that everyone else had gotten the exact same message. His attention was brought back to his phone when it began vibrating again, this time the caller ID showed him a listed number, Cropper's. Lukas and Dent had moved towards the stairs to have a private conversation, one he surely would want to hear.

Frank sighed and deftly touched the green icon on his phone, whilst making his way to the door.

"Make it quick Cropper" Frank said.

"Huh.." Cropper sounded slightly surprised, "I was ringing to say that the murderer had just messaged me a photo of the original crime scene, but looking around at people's expressions I'm guessing I'm not the only one who got it. And here I was thinking I was special. You know this whole taunting us with the killing thing smells a lot like a 21st century Zodiak. I wouldn't be surprised if we get more bodies before this is through. Anyway... that's all I wanted to say. I'll let you get back to whatever it is you're doing."

Tara was formulating a plan to try to draw their killer out. It was based on a number of presuppositions about his character which could have been wrong. It would require being able to communicate with him in a very public way. Via the local paper perhaps? It was probably the best way to ensure that as many people in town got exposed to what she had to say. There was bound to a reporter or two floating around looking for a statement from the police. After she has spoken to the baker she would try to engineer accidentally bumping into them.

She paused outside the bakery, her feet suddenly unwilling to walk any further. This conversation was definitely going to suck. She pulled off her hat and took a few moments to smooth her hair down, then stepped up to the door and knocked, "Mister Lucardo? It's Deputy Cropper, are you in there?" she called.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:20 pm

Frank Dufresne, Dent's Collectibles

"Sorry Cropper, just in a hurry. From the look of things our creep might have sent the photos to everyone with a phone. Let me know what happens with the Lucardos." When the call finished he put the phone back in his pocket and quickly went back inside the store, intent on rejoining Lukas and Dent.

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:44 pm

Aaron Bishop
Just Outside of Sleepy Hollow

Finally, Sleepy Hollow, this anonymous backwater town in New York State. He almost couldn't believe he had come all that way just to see this, but appearances can be deceiving. He was still covered in dry blood from his last encounter and he wasn't enjoying it; he took stock of his money, finding a few thousand dollars left in the bag, along with the cryptic notes that started it. He sauntered through the town, seeing plenty of places to eat, but all he needed right now was a drink, preferably very strong, and lots of it. Wandering through the town in search for a bar, pub, inn, tavern or anything like that- it seemed that this Hollow wasn't so Sleepy after all- he drew more than a few glances, mainly with his clothes. He waved, but very few waved back. Finally deciding to ignore them, he continued onwards; past some sort of collectables shop, which was full to bursting, a variety of storefronts and what seemed like a crime scene.

In the end, Bishop found his way to a place named The Hilltop Inn. He pushed through the door. Seeing the bar wasn't too full, he walked up to the bar and sat down next to a girl who wasn't much younger than he was, she looked shaken; his blood-stained clothes crackled as he sat, Aaron was used to this by now, but it was still annoying.

He indicated to the nearest person behind the bar. "Uh, hi, can I have a... do you have any whiskey?" he asked. "I've had a long two weeks."
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:03 pm

Aghrabia wrote:Aaron Bishop
Just Outside of Sleepy Hollow

Finally, Sleepy Hollow, this anonymous backwater town in New York State. He almost couldn't believe he had come all that way just to see this, but appearances can be deceiving. He was still covered in dry blood from his last encounter and he wasn't enjoying it; he took stock of his money, finding a few thousand dollars left in the bag, along with the cryptic notes that started it. He sauntered through the town, seeing plenty of places to eat, but all he needed right now was a drink, preferably very strong, and lots of it. Wandering through the town in search for a bar, pub, inn, tavern or anything like that- it seemed that this Hollow wasn't so Sleepy after all- he drew more than a few glances, mainly with his clothes. He waved, but very few waved back. Finally deciding to ignore them, he continued onwards; past some sort of collectables shop, which was full to bursting, a variety of storefronts and what seemed like a crime scene.

In the end, Bishop found his way to a place named The Hilltop Inn. He pushed through the door. Seeing the bar wasn't too full, he walked up to the bar and sat down next to a girl who wasn't much younger than he was, she looked shaken; his blood-stained clothes crackled as he sat, Aaron was used to this by now, but it was still annoying.

He indicated to the nearest person behind the bar. "Uh, hi, can I have a... do you have any whiskey?" he asked. "I've had a long two weeks."

"Fine. A pint, bottle or glass?"
Lielsle walked over to him, ready to take his order. She noticed his blood stained clothes and decided to not stray too far away from the counter as long as he was near Katrina. She smelled a strange scent on him, that would cause her to stiffen a little, but she would not show it much.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Prusselanden wrote:"Fine. A pint, bottle or glass?"
Lielsle walked over to him, ready to take his order. She noticed his blood stained clothes and decided to not stray too far away from the counter as long as he was near Katrina. She smelled a strange scent on him, that would cause her to stiffen a little, but she would not show it much.

"Glass, thanks," he smiled, but he narrowed his eyes. He thought he saw something... but no, he Aaron was too tired for this. He had hoped that once he reached Sleepy Hollow he would finally be able to stop being so tense all of the time, but that seemed like a pipe dream now. He sighed, looking down at his clothes- he would definitely need to buy some new ones, maybe there would be a suitable store somewhere around here.
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:58 pm

Aghrabia wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:"Fine. A pint, bottle or glass?"

"Glass, thanks," he smiled, but he narrowed his eyes. He thought he saw something... but no, he Aaron was too tired for this. He had hoped that once he reached Sleepy Hollow he would finally be able to stop being so tense all of the time, but that seemed like a pipe dream now. He sighed, looking down at his clothes- he would definitely need to buy some new ones, maybe there would be a suitable store somewhere around here.

She took a bottle from the fridge and poured a golden stream of whiskey into the glass with much skill.
"Alright, here ye go." She slid the glass over to him.
"Lemme know if you want ice with that."
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:14 pm

Prusselanden wrote:She took a bottle from the fridge and poured a golden stream of whiskey into the glass with much skill.

"Thanks," he took the glass in his right hand and drank a small amount. "But it's fine."
He glanced down at the table, then looked back up again. "Do you know what's going on? Everybody in the town's been acting so... so antsy while I've been here. I know what I'm wearing doesn't help," he gestured at the blood. "But then there's that crime scene..."
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:28 pm

Aghrabia wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:She took a bottle from the fridge and poured a golden stream of whiskey into the glass with much skill.

"Thanks," he took the glass in his right hand and drank a small amount. "But it's fine."
He glanced down at the table, then looked back up again. "Do you know what's going on? Everybody in the town's been acting so... so antsy while I've been here. I know what I'm wearing doesn't help," he gestured at the blood. "But then there's that crime scene..."

"..Someone's been murdered. A really nice boy. Something maimed him real bad and put him in a dumpster."
She started cleaning some glasses. The large scar on her left eye shrunk and expanded as she talked.
"And then someone tried to send something threatening to her, I guess." She looked over at Katrina. "You'd be antsy too if there was a killer in your town."

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:45 pm

Leading the group upstairs to an open flat dominated by two couches and a table, Allister gestured to the seats as he inspected the glowing thread he had lifted from Luke's pocket as they were coming up the stairs. "Lets have that closer look then, like I said you wont get much useful out of it." Opening his eyes and ignoring the angrily flashing runes and spells coming into sudden relief where they would be normally hidden all over the room. Squinting and drawing the now almost blindingly bright thread almost at nose length, he added "I forgot to mention not to look at the thread while I am and if you were hiding something magically, it wont work while I've got my eyes open, perks of being a Fate." After inspecting the evidence and closing his eyes again, causing the room to return to normal brightness levels, he shrugged "Ok so, whatever killed him was undead and drank his blood for sustenance, but whatever got his spleen was not the same thing. Both of these seem locally based so that's that." Walking to the window, Allister opened it and let the thread float out, nodding to himself as it went upward, before asking, "Is there anything else I can do for you Luke?"
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

Patrick OConner
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Earp decocks the pistols and replaces it in his holster, satisfied that the con man has left.
Taking the hint from Allister, that he wanted most of the people out, Earp shurgged his shoulders.
"All right then. Sheriff tell me if you find out anything interesting. In the mean time I am going to go visit someone. Areil, you can come along if you wish."
With that Earp turns and stride out of the store. He exited and stop eye scanning the area.
My neck itchs. Someone must be spying on me but who is it and where are they.
Earp scans the area again but can not find the person. He takes note of ll the people and cars, then nods and climps into his truck and cranks it up. The engine roars the life and Earp takes off headed out of town, for the surrounding mountains. He leaves the main road for a side road that twists and turns through the countryside. After a time spent on this dirt and gravel road, Earp comes to a mansion hidden away among the oak trees.
Earp stops and turns off his truck. He exits the vehicle slowly scanning the area cautiously. He reaches back inside the truck and removes a bandoleer filled with large rounds. The tips of the rounds gleam sliver contrasted by the bright shine of copper.
"Holy blessed sliver core bullets for a .45-70 guaranteed to give any supernatural being a nice throbbing pain."
Earp strips off his jacket and puts the bandoleer on. He then removes a large lever action rifle from under the seat of his truck. The gun is clearly old with the wood darkened and the metal tarnished with age but Earp works the level and the action is smooth as can be, as a round pops into the chamber. Glyphs and magical symbols seem to glitter on the barrel of the gun. Earp places the gun in a special holder attached the bandoleer. The butt of the gun sticks up over his right shoulder. Earp also reaches inside his truck and removes a large sheathed Bowie knife that he then attaches to his belt.
Suitable armed, Earp walks around the mansion eyeing it up and down looking for any sign of activity until he comes around to the front.
Earp walks up to the door and politely knocks on massive set of front door. After all, there is no need to not be civil during his visit.
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Member of Task Force Atlas
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

Tech Level: Mix MT/PMT

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Prusselanden wrote:"..Someone's been murdered. A really nice boy. Something maimed him real bad and put him in a dumpster."
She started cleaning some glasses. The large scar on her left eye shrunk and expanded as she talked.
"And then someone tried to send something threatening to her, I guess." She looked over at Katrina. "You'd be antsy too if there was a killer in your town."

"I suppose I would... if I knew where that town was..." he drunk some more and looked over at Katrina. "You OK?" he asked, drinking some more. He finally finished it and pushed it away. "Can I have some more, please?"
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:30 pm

Aghrabia wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:"..Someone's been murdered. A really nice boy. Something maimed him real bad and put him in a dumpster."

"I suppose I would... if I knew where that town was..." he drunk some more and looked over at Katrina. "You OK?" he asked, drinking some more. He finally finished it and pushed it away. "Can I have some more, please?"

"k."
She took the glass and poured some more golden whiskey into the glass.
"You want ice with that?"

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:29 pm

Prusselanden wrote:"k."

"Yeah sure, why not?" he waited for his drink, biting his thumb at the same time. "Anyway, anybody know anything about the murder? Who did it, and that sort of thing. Oh, and maybe somewhere to buy clothes, as you can see," he grimaced and gestured at his clothes. "I may need some more."
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Patrick OConner wrote:Earp decocks the pistols and replaces it in his holster, satisfied that the con man has left.
Taking the hint from Allister, that he wanted most of the people out, Earp shurgged his shoulders.
"All right then. Sheriff tell me if you find out anything interesting. In the mean time I am going to go visit someone. Areil, you can come along if you wish."
With that Earp turns and stride out of the store. He exited and stop eye scanning the area.
My neck itchs. Someone must be spying on me but who is it and where are they.
Earp scans the area again but can not find the person. He takes note of ll the people and cars, then nods and climps into his truck and cranks it up. The engine roars the life and Earp takes off headed out of town, for the surrounding mountains. He leaves the main road for a side road that twists and turns through the countryside. After a time spent on this dirt and gravel road, Earp comes to a mansion hidden away among the oak trees.
Earp stops and turns off his truck. He exits the vehicle slowly scanning the area cautiously. He reaches back inside the truck and removes a bandoleer filled with large rounds. The tips of the rounds gleam sliver contrasted by the bright shine of copper.
"Holy blessed sliver core bullets for a .45-70 guaranteed to give any supernatural being a nice throbbing pain."
Earp strips off his jacket and puts the bandoleer on. He then removes a large lever action rifle from under the seat of his truck. The gun is clearly old with the wood darkened and the metal tarnished with age but Earp works the level and the action is smooth as can be, as a round pops into the chamber. Glyphs and magical symbols seem to glitter on the barrel of the gun. Earp places the gun in a special holder attached the bandoleer. The butt of the gun sticks up over his right shoulder. Earp also reaches inside his truck and removes a large sheathed Bowie knife that he then attaches to his belt.
Suitable armed, Earp walks around the mansion eyeing it up and down looking for any sign of activity until he comes around to the front.
Earp walks up to the door and politely knocks on massive set of front door. After all, there is no need to not be civil during his visit.

"Well I guess I had nothing better to do with my life today." Ariel looked up from her notepad and followed Earp to what appeared to be the mansion of Mary Grey, or Czyne as she was formerly known. Being a very old immortal being had its advantages, you know pretty much everybody or at least who they used to be. Although she didn't know Jonah very well, if at all. She had seen him a few times before his death, he was a kind young man who liked to feed the birds and everybody in town had good things to say about him. But who would do this? Was Jonah in the wrong place at the wrong time, or was it something way more horrid than this?
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:55 pm

Aghrabia wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:"k."

"Yeah sure, why not?" he waited for his drink, biting his thumb at the same time. "Anyway, anybody know anything about the murder? Who did it, and that sort of thing. Oh, and maybe somewhere to buy clothes, as you can see," he grimaced and gestured at his clothes. "I may need some more."

"K." She nonachantly slid an address of a clothes store over to him across the counter, then went to get him some ice with his whiskey. She throws a large cube into the air and shaves it into a sphere, then catches it with the glass.
"As for the murder, go ask the cops. I don't know nothing."
She slid the cup to him.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:07 pm

Prusselanden wrote:"K." She nonachantly slid an address of a clothes store over to him across the counter, then went to get him some ice with his whiskey. She throws a large cube into the air and shaves it into a sphere, then catches it with the glass.
She slid the cup to him.

He took the glass and took a swig from it. "Impressive," he smiled. "Thanks for the address, anyway. I might go buy a suit or something later," he slid the paper into his pocket. "But I think'll stay here for the time being."
He continued drinking, "I think I'll avoid cops for the time being..." he trailed off. "And it's 'I don't know anything', not 'I don't know nothing'- it's a double negative and says you know at least something."
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:20 pm

Aghrabia wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:"K." She nonachantly slid an address of a clothes store over to him across the counter, then went to get him some ice with his whiskey. She throws a large cube into the air and shaves it into a sphere, then catches it with the glass.
She slid the cup to him.

He took the glass and took a swig from it. "Impressive," he smiled. "Thanks for the address, anyway. I might go buy a suit or something later," he slid the paper into his pocket. "But I think'll stay here for the time being."
He continued drinking, "I think I'll avoid cops for the time being..." he trailed off. "And it's 'I don't know anything', not 'I don't know nothing'- it's a double negative and says you know at least something."

"Ach, who cares? American grammar is very complex." Her german accent was quite prominent. "They say "Run and errand" but you can't "Run" an errand. And don't even get me started on all those transitive, intransitive linking, Mist."
"But if you wanna avoid them, that's fine. Not my problem." She started to polish a glass to make a virgin Mimosa.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse