NATION

PASSWORD

Sleepy Hollow IC (Accepting see OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

La Cancion de Guerra
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby La Cancion de Guerra » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Phelps Wound Healing Institute, Sleepy Hollow
Marie Rouq, M.D.

"Another day at the office!" said a stuffed mouth Marie, eating a protein bar as she rushed down the hall

It was only around noon and her usual extremely short lunch was going as usual while she was handed a clipboard by a nurse who pointed her pen at the board. Another kid with a cough, they were a dime a dozen around this time when school had enough time to get kids sick. With a slight yawn she entered a patients room and went over the usual brief symptoms and suggestions. Another yawn. Another patient. In an unusual turn it had been a while since anyone who visited Marie had passed away and was nice, she had very brief happy moments these days. She had worked since roughly 5 AM, and getting 30 minutes was a blessing from above due to a nursing student being able to see their first patient with the assistance of another team of nurses who took over.

Marie sat on a small bench just beyond the doors of the medical center, enjoying the heat because inside was always cold. Do I get off at 9 or 10... she wondered silently to herself looking up to the clouds. Her odd head tilt would be of note to any passerby, but she remained anyway, enjoying her short and rare break.
I've heard a lot on these interwebs, but I'm the manager if there's any questions #BanBossy
Just call me Tay if Cancion or Guerra don't fit ya.

Red Croatia wrote:I think that Tay would be great in bed.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:With no disrespect intended... god damn.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:34 pm

Elerian wrote:Frank Dufresne, Main Street

Frank greeted Earp with one of the two remaining coffees and a nod of the head. He was later than he originally thought if Earp had already photographed the scene. Perhaps the chains that held him here were beginning to rust? Or . . . perhaps he was weakening faster than he’d previously anticipated, a disturbing prospect to consider.

He pushed the thought to the back of his mind as Cropper began detailing what she knew. Listening intently, Frank took mental notes, and nodded every so often. As Cropper finished Frank took a few moments to through everything in his mind. He would need to look at the body himself, but that could wait.

“Agreed Cropper, You and Earp should head on over to the Baker’s. I’ll stay here and wrap things up. Maybe Margery and Jakob saw something.” But from the look on Frank’s face, it was obvious he found that doubtful.

Frank turned away from the two deputies, he had no intention to talk to the elderly couple, they were Vanilla humans, and Dufresne had no doubt that the boy’s death was supernatural. From his examination at a distance, Frank saw some bite marks on the boy’s neck, telltale of a Vampire, but that seemed far too obvious.

Frank approached the crowd. “There’s nothing to see here folks, move along back to your business.” He cast a quick glance at Ariel. Frank was aware of her true nature, and it made him uneasy that an Angel was here in Sleepy Hollow.

Frank waited for his deputies to leave, and approached Lukas, if only for this one time.

“What do you know Lukas?”

"Oh hey... would you take a look at that." Cropper dropped down to a squatting position again, near a piece of the former-person that really should have been on the inside of him, although she didn't immediately announce what she had found. She went back to the cruiser and came back with a camera and an evidence tag, meticulously recording the original position of the object before finally reaching down to pick it up.

It was a black leather wallet. Probably not the most exciting find of the day, but it did confirm the fact that this was Jonah Lucardo... or at least it seemed to. She still wasn't quite ready to believe so easily. Not when the agendas behind the slaying were so murky... and certainly not with those huge obvious vampire bites on his neck blazing out like a neon flare. Once again though, Cropper completely ignored them. She bagged the wallet and handed it to Frank, "Guess we can rule out robbery then." she said, before confirming, "I'll go and see the baker." she said, removing her other glove.

She did not want to go and see the Baker. That was going to be a hard talk, but there was one she had to have first. She knew the man existed though in her time in the town she hadn't had the opportunity to need to speak to him yet. She ducked out from under the police tape, meandered towards the bakery, then veered off towards the legal officers of Mr Aubert, sipping at her coffee. It might have been the fact that she was up and moving, or it could have been the coffee but she was starting to feel a little bit more like her usual self. Enough that when she stepped into the office she removed her aviators, "Hello." she greeted the receptionist cheerfully, "Deputy Cropper here." she motioned at her badge with her coffee cup, "Don't worry, I'm not here to try to get files or anything dodgey. I'm actually in need of some legal advice. You see, I was out the other night with this guy, I can't exactly remember his name and we were drinking a lot of tequila, and when I say a lot, I mean a lot. Anyway one thing led to another and when I woke up I found..." she trailed off as if suddenly realising this was a completely inappropriate conversation to be having with a complete stranger in the front of a legal office, "I should probably be telling this to him, shouldn't I?" she suggested, before asking, "Is Mr Aubert free at the moment?"

She wasn't entirely sure Aubert was who she was looking for, she hadn't had need to speak to him before. If this town was about to explode though she thought it would be a good idea if she linked up with the rest of Team Francis before something large and angry decided she looked like dinner.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:16 am

Frank Dufresne, Main Street

Frank loudly sighed, and then glanced back towards the crime scene as Lukas meandered off. The Medical Examiner was just now arriving at the crime scene, but was greeted with an absence of Policemen. Frank knew he'd get an earful later, but at the moment he couldn't give less of a shit. He made up his mind and followed Lukas on over to Dent's. All the while thinking about the scene he'd just left. Nothing Lukas had told him was particularly enlightening, but then again he hadn't expected much out of the conversation. And so, they found themselves at Dent's.

Laurvier
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Laurvier » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:34 am

Aubert Legal Services

The receptionist and James's secretary was a elder woman of 57 by the name of Patrice. The woman sat behind a desk at the entrance, monitor and keyboard before her. She had lost her job and at her age, would have found difficulty finding employment. Aubert was happy enough to take her in though found her testing his patience at times. Patrice was not particularly meant to be a secretary. James told himself she would adapt to the new job eventually. Patrice blushed at the story. "Young woman, you should not be out with boys without a chaperone..." If Deputy Cropper did not regret telling her story to a stranger yet, she certainly would now. Patrice then went on a tirade on proper morals and etiquette when being courted. Of course, the manner of decorum she was describing was outdated. People these days were relatively a lot more liberal about sex and romance. Not that Patrice approved. "...you know why there's no more chivalry in the world? It's young girls that act the way you do. How unseemly! If you want to be treated like a lady you must behave like one my dear. You know when I first met my husband..." She went on.

Soon but perhaps not soon enough for Cropper, James stepped into reception looking irritated by the commotion. He was wearing a tailored charcoal black suit with the coat removed for comfort. The tie he wore was stripped purple and black diagonally. He looked as well dressed as a Manhattan corporate attorney which he was for a time."Thank you Patrice!" He said loudly to interject. "Miss...Deputy, please come to my office. We can talk there." James said and led her away with a beckoning hand. He took note that she looked weary and tired. The same look he saw from fellow attorneys who had been out late snorting cocaine and drinking scotch. Deputy Cooper might have noticed that all the door handles here were made of silver. If she was especially sharp she would see that the artwork on the walls were just abstract pictures to the untrained eye. But to look closely would show they contained glyphs that were painful to look at if you were a demon or some other kinds of malicious creature. It would be like a human trying to gaze at the sun.

James's office was a modest affair. Strange thing was there was hardly any pictures of him or his family. A precautionary measure for enemies of the supernatural kind. One side of the office had a number of legal casebooks and statute books. There was a few file cabinets, similar artwork on the walls and a framed copy of the Declaration of Independence. On the other was an elegant wooden desk that easily allowed a view of the door coming in and the window. Someone well trained in fire and maneuver would know that the desk was thick over the front making it suitable cover. While its positioning in the room though strange for your typical desk jockey, provided the best field of fire over the room's entry points (window and door). The monitor had been pushed to the side to allow for a face to face conversation. Also on the desk was a cup full of various pens and highlighters. Cropper may have noticed there was a letter opener in there that looked unnecessarily sharp to open letters and definitely made of silver. His desk was neatly organized save for an open folder which James quickly closed and put away. If Cropper glanced at the top document she would see it was some sort of letter. Strangely where the words should have been there were simply number sets. Some number sets had been circled or underlined with a pen.

"Deputy...Cropper is it?" James said looking at the name tag and held out a hand to shake. "Sorry about Patrice. She has very strong opinions. You'll find I'm substantially less judgmental." James did actually know of her or better yet, of her, but not enough. Just what a standard police background check would reveal thanks to his law enforcement contacts back in New York City. After the handshake he motioned at one of the seats across from his desk. "Please, sit down. How can I help you?"
Last edited by Laurvier on Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:09 am

Ism wrote:
Imperialisium wrote:
Katrina von Auguste

Katrina could only gulp as she turned and walked away from the scene. She needed a drink of some kind. Something. Entering the Grady Bar she spoke not looking at Owen in particular. She was nineteen, not old enough for alcohol, and Grady knew that. Yet Owen was a likable fellow in Katrina's mind. She didn't need alcohol, she just need to get away, and something to nurse.

"Owen, Shirley temple, virgin, please." She curled a strand of her hair around the left index finger as she sat on the bar stool. A tear trickled down her cheek. She had known Jonah, since childhood, the gullible bakers boy. Often seen feeding the ducks bread crumbs and leaving out bread taken off the shelves to be deposited outback for anyone who was needy or down on their luck. No one deserved a fate like that. Certainly not Jonah.

She could only wonder if the parents had been told yet...

Owen had been putting some tankards away when Katrina walked in, though he hadn't noticed. Her question broke his tempo and he looked up to see Katrina, taking a second to process her request. He broke into a smile as he set about working. "You know, kid," he said while preparing the drink, "asking for a virgin Shirley Temple is a bit redundant. Don't think I've heard of anyone making a Shirley Temple with alcohol." He worked quickly, topping it off with a cherry garnish. He set the glass down by Katrina, then noticing she had a tear rolling down her cheek. Owen's smile evaporated in an instant, a pit forming in his stomach. She knew. Things just got a whole lot more complicated.

"Listen, Katrina, I can't express how sorry I am about Jonah. But whoever, did that, the sheriff and his deputies will find them. There'll be justice for Jonah, and for the town yet. In the meantime, you'll always have a stool at my bar, and I'm always a phone call away." He hoped his words were helping her, but really he didn't think anything but time would heal her wounds.

".....we have brownie and ice cream on the house."
Liesle handed her a plate with a brownie and vanilla ice cream and cherry on top, her other hand still shaking the lady customer's drink.
"...they have endorphins. It'll make you better."
She walked back to the woman she was serving and poured her drink into a martini glass.
"'njoy, Ma'am." She turned around quickly and went back to washing dishes.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:08 am

Elerian wrote:Frank Dufresne, Main Street

Frank loudly sighed, and then glanced back towards the crime scene as Lukas meandered off. The Medical Examiner was just now arriving at the crime scene, but was greeted with an absence of Policemen. Frank knew he'd get an earful later, but at the moment he couldn't give less of a shit. He made up his mind and followed Lukas on over to Dent's. All the while thinking about the scene he'd just left. Nothing Lukas had told him was particularly enlightening, but then again he hadn't expected much out of the conversation. And so, they found themselves at Dent's.

They small shop was on the verge of being cramped but still remained only cluttered, and the proprietor was waiting for the pair behind the counter that had other ideas on what it was but couldn't decide which to believe at the moment. Leaning on the counter Allister called out to them "Welcome to Dent's house of oddities, information and also Dent's Armory. Welcome as always Lucion, and for the first time Frank, nice to meet you, how may I help you two?"
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:05 am

Laurvier wrote:Aubert Legal Services

The receptionist and James's secretary was a elder woman of 57 by the name of Patrice. The woman sat behind a desk at the entrance, monitor and keyboard before her. She had lost her job and at her age, would have found difficulty finding employment. Aubert was happy enough to take her in though found her testing his patience at times. Patrice was not particularly meant to be a secretary. James told himself she would adapt to the new job eventually. Patrice blushed at the story. "Young woman, you should not be out with boys without a chaperone..." If Deputy Cropper did not regret telling her story to a stranger yet, she certainly would now. Patrice then went on a tirade on proper morals and etiquette when being courted. Of course, the manner of decorum she was describing was outdated. People these days were relatively a lot more liberal about sex and romance. Not that Patrice approved. "...you know why there's no more chivalry in the world? It's young girls that act the way you do. How unseemly! If you want to be treated like a lady you must behave like one my dear. You know when I first met my husband..." She went on.

Soon but perhaps not soon enough for Cropper, James stepped into reception looking irritated by the commotion. He was wearing a tailored charcoal black suit with the coat removed for comfort. The tie he wore was stripped purple and black diagonally. He looked as well dressed as a Manhattan corporate attorney which he was for a time."Thank you Patrice!" He said loudly to interject. "Miss...Deputy, please come to my office. We can talk there."

Cropper had developed a slight smirk during the diatribe. It looked like she found it slightly amusing though the reality was she was feeling slightly proud at just how easy it was becoming for her to compose a story that built up her reputation as a feckless party-girl.

She paused before leaving to follow James, adding, in a rare moment of earnestness, "You don't need to worry Ma'am... chivalry isn't dying, its just changing. Now I have my partner's back as much as he has mine and, if I get there first, I hold the door."

Maybe that would give the woman something to think about. Maybe she'd even come away feeling a little more positive about the world...

Laurvier wrote:"Deputy...Cropper is it?" James said looking at the name tag and held out a hand to shake. "Sorry about Patrice. She has very strong opinions. You'll find I'm substantially less judgmental." James did actually know of her or better yet, of her, but not enough. Just what a standard police background check would reveal thanks to his law enforcement contacts back in New York City. After the handshake he motioned at one of the seats across from his desk. "Please, sit down. How can I help you?"

Cropper cast an eye about the office as she entered. Her eyes darted this way and that, soaking in the detail. Her rumpled uniform and disarrayed dark ponytail suggested a person who paid little attention to detail though the way she took in the room suggested otherwise.

She paused, pursing her lips thoughtfully. In nature there were numerous ways to evade a predator. Some animals ran , Mr Aubert was, if she continued the metaphor, a rhino, ready for any supernatural villain that came his way. It wasn't quite her style, but she respected it. He looked like the man she was looking for, but it could be a trap and now that she was here, about to reveal her allegiance, she began to feel more than a little on edge.

"Mr Aubert, it is a pleasure. I had been looking for a lawyer who was washed with the blood of the lamb." She said dropping the pass phrase, somewhat awkwardly, into her greeting.

At least she hoped she'd got it right, she had never actually used it before, and now that she heard the words she couldn't imagine anyone interpreting it as anything other than a confession that she was a Vatican spy. Why couldn't they have gone with 'swallows in winter'?

Crocker had not seated herself, the better to be able to draw and fire if she had accidentally exposed herself to an enemy... please let him give the response and not turn into some hideous monster and try to eat my face...

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:49 am

Patrick OConner wrote:
Nuridia wrote:Ariel was just about to head to the local pub for a drink or two before she heard the screeching of tires. She barely had time to jump out of the way before the familiar beat up pickup truck pulls up on the side. She glared up at the grinning human sheriff before speaking. "Earp, your driving skills have not improved a bit, have they?!" she snapped before cocking an eyebrow. "Talk...to me? Is it something to do with the mission, any demon sightings?" she asked him curiously. Earp wasn't a bad guy, if Ariel was honest with herself the annoying alcoholic hunter has kinda grown on her. However she was a little weirded out by the way he looked at her sometimes. She looked at him with wide eyes when he pushed his passenger door open. "I am NOT getting into that screaming metal death trap." she said, crossing her arms. But two minutes later she ended up climbing into the truck anyway.

Earp smiles as Areil climbs in and shuts the door.
"Glad you could come." Earp guns the engine and heads out he takes a few random turns and then pulls off into an alleyway off the main road.
"Okay, all cards on the table. This is about the dead body, possibly murder. I need to know if say heaven ordered a hit on that kid or not. Also spoiler I know you are an angel from heaven, anyway, if some Higher power did order the hit I would like to know if so and why. Cause if someone up there did, it can save me and other alot of trouble and paperwork, not to mention keep alot of other alive. Also any other information you might have on Jonah Baker would be nice too."

Ariel just stared at Earp with this blank look on her face before a laugh bubbled up from her throat. Followed by another and another before she was absolutely hysterical. This continues on for a good long moment before it slowed down. The look in her dark eyes was absolutely incredulous and amused when she finally composed, wiping her eyes.
"Oh wait, you're serious." she said, the laughs dimming down until her face returned to its serious mask. "Earp, you're being ridiculous. Heaven did not order a hit on that Baker kid, why would we? He's only a human boy, he's no demon lord."
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

The Land of the Golden Blobfish
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the Golden Blobfish » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:53 am

Spirits and Paranormal Activity Office:
"Greatest Psychic of the 21'st century"

After a few more of the usual cases, Jake was ready to close for the day. That was until there was a loud knock on his door, followed by a rather unsettling hushed whisper.

“Hey I'm closing here so if you would be so kind to le-”

Before he could finish, the entire room went black. The door swung open, revealing a floating figure. It entered the room… lighting the walls around it with an eerie glow.

“Why’d you turn the lights off? Anyway if you could put away that flashlight of yours that would be great.” He reach out towards the figure but his hand swiped right through.

“Eh? Is this some sort of new 3D imagery? Where's the projector?”

"Cold… so cold. The Bakers son.. struck down."

“...Okay? Well thanks for being a total buzz kill, mate. Anyway, I don't have time for this so why don't you…” He walked over to a cabinet on the side of his room. Lifting up a bag, he took a handful of the contents inside and walked back in place.

“Piss off!” Jake yelled as he suckerpunched the figure.

Salty Surprise Punch!
This is one of Jake’s special techniques where he punches his opponent with a fistful of tablesalt

The ghost cried out in an agonizing screech before realizing that it had done literally nothing.

”Really dude? Did you honestly believe that would work? I mean, everybody knows that's just a myth- AAAGGH!!”
The ghost screeched as it shook back and forth before completely disintegrating.

An old, hunched over, man poked his head into the room. “Everything alright, sir? I hope I wasn't too late.”

“No, you turned up just in time. Could you perhaps also turn the lights back on while you're at it?”

“Are you going to check out what the spirit said?”

“3D image you mean and yes, I guess I'll go head out and find out whoever behind that little illusion was talking about.”
Last edited by The Land of the Golden Blobfish on Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patrick OConner
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:59 am

Nuridia wrote:
Patrick OConner wrote:
Earp smiles as Areil climbs in and shuts the door.
"Glad you could come." Earp guns the engine and heads out he takes a few random turns and then pulls off into an alleyway off the main road.
"Okay, all cards on the table. This is about the dead body, possibly murder. I need to know if say heaven ordered a hit on that kid or not. Also spoiler I know you are an angel from heaven, anyway, if some Higher power did order the hit I would like to know if so and why. Cause if someone up there did, it can save me and other alot of trouble and paperwork, not to mention keep alot of other alive. Also any other information you might have on Jonah Baker would be nice too."

Ariel just stared at Earp with this blank look on her face before a laugh bubbled up from her throat. Followed by another and another before she was absolutely hysterical. This continues on for a good long moment before it slowed down. The look in her dark eyes was absolutely incredulous and amused when she finally composed, wiping her eyes.
"Oh wait, you're serious." she said, the laughs dimming down until her face returned to its serious mask. "Earp, you're being ridiculous. Heaven did not order a hit on that Baker kid, why would we? He's only a human boy, he's no demon lord."

Earp looks at Ariel surprised as she laughs then looks annoyed as it continues. He grow more and more annoyed as she continues to laugh at him.
"This is not funny. Some kid is dead and someone broke the One Rule. That means someone's gonna die."
Finally Areil calms down and answers his question and Earp sighs.
"Great. Just great. FYI, I do not pretend to know the inner workings of heaven or say if the kid was a demon lord. Oh boy, Oh boy. So much work now."
Earp taps the steering wheel for a minute thinking hard.
"Well, then time for plan B. Then gonna talk to Dent. Wanna tag along?" Earp gives Areil a lopsided smile since he already knows the answer.
Earp pulls out of the alley and heads for Dent's Shop. He soon arrives and exits his truck and enters the very cluttered shop.
"Hey Dent, I need a word, and no you can not buy my guns...oh hello there Sheriff and Mr. Luke."
Member of Task Force Atlas
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

Tech Level: Mix MT/PMT

Laurvier
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Laurvier » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:23 pm

Aubert Legal Services

At that James maintained his poker face. His eyes wandered over Cropper through his glasses, studying her and doing a mental analysis. The background check did not come up with anything significant enough but that did not mean there wasn't. The artwork did not bother her. To strike against him here, in broad daylight at his office would be unnatural for a malicious creature. Those of low cunning at least knew better than to venture into population centers. Those of greater cunning found more elegant ways.

"I have never washed with blood but have drank the blood of our savior." He responded to the passphrase and did the sign of the cross. But something about the way he did it would make Cropper wonder if James was a true believer. It was as if he did it as some sort of empty ritual that he was taught to do only because it was expected of him. Like a young child who said "please" and "thank you". Most either did not understand those words or cared to say them but did anyways because a good parent said so. It was not unforeseeable to James that he would run into another Vatican agent here in Sleepy Hollow. The Vatican did say there were others here. Although he did not particularly like it. Their organization tended to operate loosely with cells composed of as little as one person so no one Hunter or Inquisitor like himself could only compromise a small fraction of the whole. James did not trust other agents well enough to not get him killed. "Now that you know I'm the right kind of lawyer, what can I do for you Deputy?" He asked again.

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:50 pm

Ackerman
Liesle checked the stocks in the back of the pub absentmindedly.

The boy, Jonah, was not very familiar to her. She knew from second-hand sources he was a generous fellow but only had really met him one time. That was a chilly fall day. She had spotted him feeding ducks by the pond.
Liesle walked behind a tree and watched Jonah with curiosity and admiration. Of course, the boy didn't see her. She wasn't easy to see, especially not in the woods.
She walked away after some time.

She liked the boy. Someone who helped animals like that was deserving to be liked.

Poor kid...

Liesle then got a partially insane idea. She would stalk the streets at night, and she would try to hunt the thing down, whatever killed him. Reflecting on this, she slapped herself.
"Stupid. That's just dumb."
She walked out to the bar again.
"Hey, Boss, I think we're running kinda low on gin." She said to Owen.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:00 pm

At that James maintained his poker face. His eyes wandered over Cropper through his glasses, studying her and doing a mental analysis. The background check did not come up with anything significant enough but that did not mean there wasn't. The artwork did not bother her. To strike against him here, in broad daylight at his office would be unnatural for a malicious creature. Those of low cunning at least knew better than to venture into population centers. Those of greater cunning found more elegant ways.

"I have never washed with blood but have drank the blood of our savior." He responded to the passphrase and did the sign of the cross. But something about the way he did it would make Cropper wonder if James was a true believer. It was as if he did it as some sort of empty ritual that he was taught to do only because it was expected of him. Like a young child who said "please" and "thank you". Most either did not understand those words or cared to say them but did anyways because a good parent said so. It was not unforeseeable to James that he would run into another Vatican agent here in Sleepy Hollow. The Vatican did say there were others here. Although he did not particularly like it. Their organization tended to operate loosely with cells composed of as little as one person so no one Hunter or Inquisitor like himself could only compromise a small fraction of the whole. James did not trust other agents well enough to not get him killed. "Now that you know I'm the right kind of lawyer, what can I do for you Deputy?" He asked again.

Cropper gave an audible sigh of relief, visibly relaxing and slumping into the chair, "You have no idea how good it is to hear 'blood of the saviour." she told James, "I half expected this to be a trap that ended with me as the main course for a family of hungry ghouls... and please call me Tara." she said, before finally slumping into the seat.

It looked like she had let her guard down, "So I suppose you've heard about the murder?" she queried, "Well it looks like a vampire was the responsible party... though if it was it was the most blazingly stupid vampire in the history of the planet. I'll spare you the details but I think someone or something is trying to start round two of the Old War. I don't particularly want that to happen."

She paused to let that sink in before adding, "Obviously it isn't in anyone's interest for androphagy and human sacrifice to become a novel and exciting feature of modern life. I am going to do my best to stop the war from starting up again but I also understand that I am probably going to reveal myself in the process. You and I both know the supernaturals aren't too keen on our kind and odds are that they will find out what I am and then they will kill me." she shrugged as if this was a minor concern... or at the very least something she had always understood would be the cost of her calling.

"I'm not expecting you to necessarily take up my cross when I fall, but I would like to at least know that there is someone who I can give information to and who will arm whomever comes next with whatever knowledge I have managed to acquire." Tara said. Some might have said she was peculiarly calm about a task which sounded like suicide...

Laurvier
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Laurvier » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Aubert Legal Services

James blinked his eyes then tapped his fingers on the desk. "You're a young hunter with lots of enthusiasm for the job. You want to put down some demons I understand that. But Deputy...Tara...you only just begun this case." He said then chose his next words carefully. "You've only taken a peek at the crime scene. That's hardly enough to reach your conclusions. Not enough to reach any conclusions for even a normal police officer on a natural case. How do you know its a vampire? Even if there were bite marks vampires tend to be surgeons about their kills, not butchers. I did not see any hard evidence either that this was a ritual sacrifice or a ploy to start a war. You have a bit more legwork to do." James thought about it for a moment.

"I suggest you do the standard investigation you were trained to do as a policewoman. Canvas witnesses, talk to the Baker and the victim's friends. Find more out about this Lucardo boy. Forward me the police report and all the documentation of evidence you find. That's the business you see. Tracking down culprits means eliminating false leads and detecting red herrings. Most human criminals tend to be brutes, drug addicts and fools of low cunning. The creatures we deal with can be very sophisticated when it comes to their activities. You never know when a seemingly stupid maneuver is actually a clever deception." He advised her blandly. "Please forward me the police report as well as any documentation of evidence so I can analyze it myself. Otherwise I'll have to get it through other means. Less convenient means that is. I rather not. We can work together on this if you are interested."

Reaching into his drawer James pulled out a set of papers stapled together and slid it across the table. "If you are, we have to keep up appearances. This is a standard retainer agreement. To sign there shows you agree to have me as your attorney. It would give us a reason to meet in the future. Sign it and bring it back if you decide so. But I understand some of you younger agents are quite confident, believing assistance is unnecessary and others will only get in the way. If you feel so then I shall take no offense and trust in your abilities." He took one of his business cards and handed it to her as well. "However, you'll find us Inquisitors may not be the best in a scrap but we're excellent investigators. At least I am."
Last edited by Laurvier on Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:19 pm

"Good idea Iggy." Owen said shooting her a smile as she put the sweets down by Katrina. Iggy was a rough character and it was nice when she let her softer side show. She soon left, going down into the cellar. "Checking stock no doubt. Have to thank her for that when she gets back" He thought to himself. He stopped thinking for a bit there, just started cleaning the bar. It would probably be a large crowd tonight.

"Hey, Boss, I think we're running kinda low on gin."

Owen turned to see Iggy had returned. "Thanks for checking stock Iggy, we went through that gin faster than I thought we would. Shouldn't be too much of a problem though, the Inn's quiet and gin isn't a top seller." He pulled out a pad from his pocket and noted the gin shortage. "Oh, Iggy, can you manage the pub for a bit? I have an, errand, I need to run."

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:02 pm

Ism wrote:"Good idea Iggy." Owen said shooting her a smile as she put the sweets down by Katrina. Iggy was a rough character and it was nice when she let her softer side show. She soon left, going down into the cellar. "Checking stock no doubt. Have to thank her for that when she gets back" He thought to himself. He stopped thinking for a bit there, just started cleaning the bar. It would probably be a large crowd tonight.

"Hey, Boss, I think we're running kinda low on gin."

Owen turned to see Iggy had returned. "Thanks for checking stock Iggy, we went through that gin faster than I thought we would. Shouldn't be too much of a problem though, the Inn's quiet and gin isn't a top seller." He pulled out a pad from his pocket and noted the gin shortage. "Oh, Iggy, can you manage the pub for a bit? I have an, errand, I need to run."

"Sure thing Boss."
She nodded and began to take more customer orders with startling efficiency.
She didn't like to listen to other people, and anyone who tried to get her to would have to go through the most painful trial of their lives. But somehow she listened to Owen. She liked Owen. Owen was nice and he let her keep her job, even though she was kind of a weirdo and her scars scared everyone. And if he was patient enough to handle a weirdo, she thought, he had to be a good person.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:26 pm

Patrick OConner wrote:
Nuridia wrote:Ariel just stared at Earp with this blank look on her face before a laugh bubbled up from her throat. Followed by another and another before she was absolutely hysterical. This continues on for a good long moment before it slowed down. The look in her dark eyes was absolutely incredulous and amused when she finally composed, wiping her eyes.

Earp looks at Ariel surprised as she laughs then looks annoyed as it continues. He grow more and more annoyed as she continues to laugh at him.
"This is not funny. Some kid is dead and someone broke the One Rule. That means someone's gonna die."
"Great. Just great. FYI, I do not pretend to know the inner workings of heaven or say if the kid was a demon lord. Oh boy, Oh boy. So much work now."
"Well, then time for plan B. Then gonna talk to Dent. Wanna tag along?" Earp gives Areil a lopsided smile since he already knows the answer.
Earp pulls out of the alley and heads for Dent's Shop. He soon arrives and exits his truck and enters the very cluttered shop.
"Hey Dent, I need a word, and no you can not buy my guns...oh hello there Sheriff and Mr. Luke."

"How did you know about me anyway? Are you one of those who can see through disguises and stuff?" Ariel asked as she followed Earp into some shop and then he started shouting about guns or whatever. She wasn't very familiar with this Dent guy, whoever he was though must have been important enough for them to stop by. How did Earp find out about her true nature? She never told him.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:51 pm

Nuridia wrote:
Patrick OConner wrote:

"How did you know about me anyway? Are you one of those who can see through disguises and stuff?" Ariel asked as she followed Earp into some shop and then he started shouting about guns or whatever. She wasn't very familiar with this Dent guy, whoever he was though must have been important enough for them to stop by. How did Earp find out about her true nature? She never told him.

Earp turns to Ariel and smiles at her.
"Well I have had dealing with angels in the past besides any real man should know a heavenly beauty when he see's it"
Earp gives Ariel a mischievous wink and his eyes twinkle with more mischief.
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:29 pm

Katrina von Auguste

Owen Grady, that angel of a man, Katrina wiped the tear from her cheek with a napkin. Iggy depositing the sweets and the well made Shirley temple caused Katrina to give a meek smile. "Thank you, both of you, I appreciate it." Sipping the Shirley Temple. She flipped out her phone. It was an IPhone 6, and scrolled through social media. News was traveling and already people who barely knew Jonah where filling cyberspace with their pandering statuses and comments. She would have to see the Lucardo's soon, say her condolences, and make ready for the funeral. It would be a closed casket for sure, no amount of medical expertise was putting him back together in a way that would be presentable, that's when she got it. A message. Sent anonymously. Opening it she dropped her phone as she gasped in horror. It was pictures of Jonah, dead, horribly mangled like in the alley except he was largely intact. No evisceration and his limbs where all accounted before. He was bloody and torn up all the same. But this time instead of the concrete alley it was leaves under him. His dead eyes staring up at whatever took those gruesome pictures.

"OWEN OWEN OWEN."

Someone was sending a message.

Lukas "Luke" Kasymir

Luke plucked a cigar from the case and put it between his lips. Swiftly the case vanished back into the folds of his black coat. Holding up his right fist he flicked his thumb up. A blue flame came into existence briefly, catching the tip of the cigar, and Luke exhaled a puff of scented smoke. Cuban, well made, aged and scented with a blend of flavors. Luke took a few steps forward and looked around. "Nice place you got here. But lets cut too the chase. You where there first to the boy. Could smell you. What did you see?" Luke was asking if the Fate had seen what the last moments of Jonah had been by gazing at his severed life. While frowned upon by other Fates to look at someone's 'private' affairs everyone knew that at some point one peeked. In addition to that Luke held out his hand, holding the glowing strand in his hand, he had swiped it from the bakery it seems when no one was watching.

The sound of a beat up old truck, and the voice of Earp, erupted from behind Luke. Luke didn't look at Earp, he was gazing at the Fate before him, but he swiftly placed the glowing strand back into his coat pocket. Out of sight from anyone now privy who should not see. Sleepy Hollow's very well kept secrets were at risk. A century and a half of secrecy and safety. That was Sleepy Hollow. Now it all seemed as if it was about to go up in smoke.

"No use trying to get a private word Earp, we may be here for the same thing, now if you please. Do tell me what you saw? I would find it hard to believe if you didn't feel something out of the ordinary." of course Luke knew that the man was blind. But Luke was not literal in what he meant by see, he wanted to know if the man had sensed something that could be surmised as a clue of sorts. That's of course if Allister actually knew anything, but Luke was hoping.

Luke already was guessing that the body had been deposited there after the boy had been killed; or, the killer had abandoned the dismemberment half way through. Whatever happened it was quick, to quick, like it was planned. Then again, there where things that could have done it, but that would mean the One Rule was indeed broken by a supernatural being...

Then a buzz sounded from Luke's pocket. Pulling out an old razor flip phone Luke opened it, and opened the text message sent, it was the same pictures sent to Katrina. Matter of fact anyone who owned a cell phone would be receiving the exact same message. No words just the pictures.

Someone wanted as many people as possible to know...
Resident Fox lover
If you don't hear from me for a while...I'm inna woods.
NS' Unofficial Adult Actress.

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:55 pm

"Thanks Iggy, you're a life saver." He said, when suddenly Katrina shouted out his name. Whipping around he saw her staring at her phone, a look of terror plastered on her face. He walked over to her while asking: "Katrina what's wrong?" But then he saw the pictures, the horrid images of gore and death. A kid like Katrina shouldn't see that, not once and certainly not twice. And on the same damn day. "You shouldn't be looking at that kid. I'll hold onto it." Owen put his phone on the bar, sliding it towards Katrina. "I'll call the sheriff, and figure out who's up to this okay? And listen to me Katrina, listen real well, no one, no thing, is coming anywhere near you as long as I'm still kicking."
Last edited by Ism on Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:24 pm

Earp's sharp eyes caught the movement of Lukas trying to hide something in his jacket.
"It is no use Mr. Luke trying to hide stuff. All of us is here know the truth so you might as well go ahead and let it out. I suspect we are all here for the same reason as well. So in the spirit of sharing, I got it on good authority that this was not the work of Heaven, not sure about the Vatican though. Them folks be crazy."
Suddenly the sound of a harmonica fills the room and Earp looks a little embarrassed. He pulls out his cell phone and opens it to reveal a grisly picture of Jonah dead mangled, and mostly intact. Earp looked shocked for a second. Then his face clouded with rage. With a snick he bit through his cigar and his teeth clacked together loudly and his mouth contorted into a snarl.
"Son of a bitch, look he is braggin and taunting us. He just forfeited his right to a trail, if I get to him first. He just signed his own death certificate." Earp growled in a low menacing voice.
IATA Member

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:37 am

James blinked his eyes then tapped his fingers on the desk. "You're a young hunter with lots of enthusiasm for the job. You want to put down some demons I understand that. But Deputy...Tara...you only just begun this case." He said then chose his next words carefully. "You've only taken a peek at the crime scene. That's hardly enough to reach your conclusions. Not enough to reach any conclusions for even a normal police officer on a natural case. How do you know its a vampire? Even if there were bite marks vampires tend to be surgeons about their kills, not butchers. I did not see any hard evidence either that this was a ritual sacrifice or a ploy to start a war. You have a bit more legwork to do." James thought about it for a moment.

"I suggest you do the standard investigation you were trained to do as a policewoman. Canvas witnesses, talk to the Baker and the victim's friends. Find more out about this Lucardo boy. Forward me the police report and all the documentation of evidence you find. That's the business you see. Tracking down culprits means eliminating false leads and detecting red herrings. Most human criminals tend to be brutes, drug addicts and fools of low cunning. The creatures we deal with can be very sophisticated when it comes to their activities. You never know when a seemingly stupid maneuver is actually a clever deception." He advised her blandly. "Please forward me the police report as well as any documentation of evidence so I can analyze it myself. Otherwise I'll have to get it through other means. Less convenient means that is. I rather not. We can work together on this if you are interested."

Reaching into his drawer James pulled out a set of papers stapled together and slid it across the table. "If you are, we have to keep up appearances. This is a standard retainer agreement. To sign there shows you agree to have me as your attorney. It would give us a reason to meet in the future. Sign it and bring it back if you decide so. But I understand some of you younger agents are quite confident, believing assistance is unnecessary and others will only get in the way. If you feel so then I shall take no offense and trust in your abilities." He took one of his business cards and handed it to her as well. "However, you'll find us Inquisitors may not be the best in a scrap but we're excellent investigators. At least I am."

Tara shook her head emphatically, "No... I don't want to hunt anyone." The use of 'anyone' instead of 'anything' was possibly quite telling.

Her eyes flicked across the retainer document, then she signed it, "Good... I was going to suggest something of this sort. Also, for the purposes of appearances I would like you to record that I came here to report that, while intoxicated, I temporarily misplaced my firearm but located it this morning. I am worried it might have been the man who I went home with, who's name I cannot remember." she paused, before adding, "That is a fabrication. You have your glyphs and weapons, I rely on camouflage. I would like that to be the story that anyone finds out if they break into your office. They will believe it - it fits the persona I have been cultivating."

"Now returning to the case at hand." she said, crossing her legs and settling back in the chair. She looked slightly more comfortable in James' presence now that she had calmed down a bit, "I believe you misunderstand me. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this killing was not committed by a vampire. There are 'bite marks' on the neck, but I believe these were put there to cause a rash person to assume it was a vampire. I have already had one member of the public tell me I should be investigating vampires. I laughed it off - the persona I have built for myself is oblivious to the supernatural. The major concern I have with this case is that it looks fairly obvious that the murder was committed elsewhere and the body staged, placed in full view of the public with obvious signs of supernatural assault. This was not sloppiness that led to the body being there, which begs the question why. There are, of course, multiple possibilities and I will, of course, continue my investigation as I would usually, but the fact that the body was placed where it was implies the killer wanted the public to see. This in turn implies they were looking for some kind of public reaction, which is why I am concerned this might be an attempt to start a war."

"As for working alone..." she shrugged, "No I don't work better alone. Many of the supernaturals are bigger, faster and stronger than me and I don't have any particular desire to end up as someone else's lunch. I am young, I am inexperienced, I understand the life expectancy for young, inexperienced hunters is short and I would appreciate your help and guidance if things get out of hand - naturally, in a way that does not compromise either of our cover stories." her eyes drifted around the room again. There was a level of readiness here that she did not have. If anyone searched her place they wouldn't find a single item to imply she was anything other than what her outward persona suggested.

She moved to stand then, "In any case, I have a witness I am supposed to be interviewing. I admit, my initial fear was that the other agent I knew to be in town might be prone to launch an ill-conceived crusade when they discovered details of the killing - Half the town has seen the body so discovering those details was never going to be in doubt. I am confident you are not that man and I will ensure that I communicate all relevant information to you."

She reached into her pocket, retrieving her wallet and a business card from that, "Here." she handed it over, "You now have my number, although I would suggest that any sensitive information only be transmitted face to face. You never know who is listening on telephones."

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:12 am

Alicia Hermann, Dent's Pawn Shop

Dent's Pawn Shop. It's a pawn shop, not hard to believe. However, when she stopped in front of it after a while to drank her coffee, she noticed more people than normally entered the shop. Considering the current situation in the Hollow, there may be more than meets the eye here. Holding her shotgun tightly, she watched the pawn shop intently. Even more people in there, she may or may not need to keeps an eye on that.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:16 am

Ackerman
The bottle nearly fell out of her hands as Iggy was startled by the screams of Katrina. Luckily, she caught it before it could land on the ground.
"W-whew." She opened it and started to pour the contents into a cup. She started to stir the next customer's drink.
....What was that?
She looked over at Katrina absentmindedly.
Something's targeting her? Well...she does have a Hunter bloodline...
She thought of the automatic in her house. But..maybe she wouldn't need it.
That's a sick person that would send a young girl something like that.
....on a second thought, maybe she did.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Land of the Golden Blobfish
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the Golden Blobfish » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:16 pm

Dent's Pawn Shop

When Jake had finally gotten his together and headed outside, he noticed an immediate change in the atmosphere. Something happened and whatever it was, it was big. Who knows, this could be good for business. The fear could bring in more customers which in turn is more money. Either way, it was time to do some shopping and get some fresh air while he was at it.

As Jake approached the Pawn shop, he noticed a person standing in front of the building. Other than her intent stare at the place, he also noted the shotgun she held in her grasp.

“Hey, hey, you shouldn’t really be holding that in public. Someone could get hurt, you know.” He walked past and entered the building, taking note of the amount of people present. The shop was unusually full, especially for a pawn shop of all things.

“Is some sort of sports club going on here or something?” He muttered to himself as he walked towards the more exotic section of the shop. He was in need of more props for his work.
Last edited by The Land of the Golden Blobfish on Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse