NATION

PASSWORD

The Infinites:The Lamest Heroes -Comedy, Supers - OOC/Closed

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Danceria wrote:
Talchyon wrote:
These sound good. Go make the one app and clean up the other.

Give me until tommorrow. The duo's interactions are going to be "You're stupid." "No you're stupid!" to "Let's go show these supers how stupid they are!" "...With a chicken suit? Really? Isn't that the opposite of inconspicuous?" "Inconspicuous, incon-shmick-uous! If you enjoy what you do, you'll never work a day in your life!" "...Fine, let's get this over with." "Oh! Do the thing! *Waves hand in front of confused PC/NPC* These aren't the droids you're looking for..." "I can't do psychic!"

Seems like there will be ample time for me to shoot fluffy white kittens at them.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:21 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:
Danceria wrote:Give me until tommorrow. The duo's interactions are going to be "You're stupid." "No you're stupid!" to "Let's go show these supers how stupid they are!" "...With a chicken suit? Really? Isn't that the opposite of inconspicuous?" "Inconspicuous, incon-shmick-uous! If you enjoy what you do, you'll never work a day in your life!" "...Fine, let's get this over with." "Oh! Do the thing! *Waves hand in front of confused PC/NPC* These aren't the droids you're looking for..." "I can't do psychic!"

Seems like there will be ample time for me to shoot fluffy white kittens at them.

*Pomf* *Angry cat noises* "Agh! Get this @#$^%-ing thing off of me!" *pomf* *sound of a cat sleeping, while attached to someone's face* "*muffled* I thought I was able to be random..."

*Ragdoll lives up to his name as he attempts to remove kitten from premise, and Phantasos is unsure what just happened and what to do*
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:27 pm

Danceria wrote:
The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:Seems like there will be ample time for me to shoot fluffy white kittens at them.

*Pomf* *Angry cat noises* "Agh! Get this @#$^%-ing thing off of me!" *pomf* *sound of a cat sleeping, while attached to someone's face* "*muffled* I thought I was able to be random..."

*Ragdoll lives up to his name as he attempts to remove kitten from premise, and Phantasos is unsure what just happened and what to do*

How I will exactly use the kittens won't be revealed until the IC.

Although, there might be alot of noise near my character.

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:53 pm

Danceria wrote:
Talchyon wrote:
These sound good. Go make the one app and clean up the other.

Give me until tommorrow. The duo's interactions are going to be "You're stupid." "No you're stupid!" to "Let's go show these supers how stupid they are!" "...With a chicken suit? Really? Isn't that the opposite of inconspicuous?" "Inconspicuous, incon-shmick-uous! If you enjoy what you do, you'll never work a day in your life!" "...Fine, let's get this over with." "Oh! Do the thing! *Waves hand in front of confused PC/NPC* These aren't the droids you're looking for..." "I can't do psychic!"

Nice.

(By the way, just as a general heads up, watch the profanity, not that you have any here, but you did earlier. That is one of the rules here - no profanity. It challenges us to be better writers to express ourselves without having to resort to shock-value).
Last edited by Talchyon on Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

The Land of the Golden Blobfish
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the Golden Blobfish » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:55 pm

ns stahp doing ths

plz

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:45 am

The Land of the Golden Blobfish wrote:ns stahp doing ths

plz

What did ns do?

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:03 am

I guess I'll rejoin this, but with a different character.

How does complete and utter Unpredictability and 4th Wall Breaking sound?
Deus Vult, Infidel!

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:43 am

Aghrabia wrote:I guess I'll rejoin this, but with a different character.

Does your character have an alien spork also?
He's banging two coconuts together!
Your sword is blowing glue! Let me try that again, your sword is glowing blue!
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry, and has widely been considered a bad move.

GENERATION 12: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:07 am

The Last Abode of Pando wrote:

Does your character have an alien spork also?

No, but he is a blatant rip-off (and I know what you're thinking, it's not Deadpool; I had to change the powers because the original power was too OP).
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:24 am

Very interesting, with lots of comedic potential!
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:29 am

I'm thinking of having a guy with split personality disorder with each personality having different abilities. Also the personalities he's not currently using for lack of a better term appear to him as
hallucinations. Also he's a real estate agent.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:41 am

Talchyon wrote:

I'm just wondering, is Captain Asshole a suitable name? I just wanted to ask because a lot of people have different definitions of what constitutes as "swearing".
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:53 am

Aghrabia wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

I'm just wondering, is Captain Asshole a suitable name? I just wanted to ask because a lot of people have different definitions of what constitutes as "swearing".

No.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:53 am

The first Galactic Republic wrote:I'm thinking of having a guy with split personality disorder with each personality having different abilities. Also the personalities he's not currently using for lack of a better term appear to him as
hallucinations. Also he's a real estate agent.

Sounds intriguing!

The Land of the Golden Blobfish
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the Golden Blobfish » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:56 am

idk if theres a forum rule against that so ill repost this after i check that out
Last edited by The Land of the Golden Blobfish on Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:21 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Aghrabia wrote:I'm just wondering, is Captain Asshole a suitable name? I just wanted to ask because a lot of people have different definitions of what constitutes as "swearing".

No.

Oh, OK. Back to the drawing board then.
Last edited by Aghrabia on Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:28 pm

Aghrabia wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

No.

Oh, OK. Back to the drawing board then.

Captain Cranky?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Danceria wrote:
Aghrabia wrote:Oh, OK. Back to the drawing board then.

Captain Cranky?

Nah, Captain Predictable.
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Aghrabia wrote:
Danceria wrote:Captain Cranky?

Nah, Captain Predictable.

Captain Predictable sounds like our kind of name...

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:27 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Aghrabia wrote:Nah, Captain Predictable.

Captain Predictable sounds like our kind of name...

You gotcha.
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:53 am

So, I'm waiting on a few apps (Captain Predictable, Ragdoll & Phantasos, and then First Galactic Republic's character)... and then I should be ready to start IC!

Let's just say, that I think we will be off to a hilarious start.

Any new apps, you're certainly welcome to join, too!

Sphinxatopd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sphinxatopd » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:35 am

No need to fear! Captain Andorra is here!

Name: Juan Galasgo
Codename: Captain Andorra
Sex: Male
Appearance: A 6'1 Hispanic man with black eyes and hair. His most prominent feature is his ridiculously greasy mustache. His costume is basically a primary colored spandex suit. Very Ugly.
Bio: As all Europeans know, every country needs to have a cheap ripoff of an American super hero. So, when the tiny country of Andorra found a secret Spanish-French military base from WWII, they jumped on the opportunity to have a real hero like all the big countries. They tested thousands of applicants, until they found a man who perfectly represented the honor and morals they wanted to display. He went in a normal man, and came out a gold medalist Olympian. He could run really fast and far, he can jump high and he can play chess pretty well. Unfortunately, he wouldn't stop thinking about morals and a synapse in his brain melted, so he occasionally has delusions of grandeur. He was a fun novelty for a while, until he got annoying with his rants on who unmoral the country was and the subsequent apologies. The leaders cooked up a plan and sent out of the country as a diplomatic embassy to the U.S, knowing he'd never be noticed. He then some how got put on an infinite team.
Powers: Enhanced everything, but not that much.

(Things in parentheses are OOC. The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)

Describe your abilities: I am slightly better than the normal Human!
Why did you become a superhero: To protect justice and morals and the honor of Andorra!
What are your goals for the future: To make Andorra the greatest and best known nation in the world! And you know, get an action figure and cereal line.
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): No one knows where Andorra is. And he's kinda obnoxious.
How would you describe your talents?: I can run, jump and deflect things! I am really good at physical activities.
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?) Again, not exactly great to be called slightly better than the normal human.
What are your strengths?: I am apparently he embodiment of virtue, or so I'm told.
What are your weaknesses?: Apparently, I have delusional stints.
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): Delsuional-y annoying, and the mustache, the mustache!
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: I was sent to meet with the leader of this fine country, and I am very reasonable. My temperament is my best trait!
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?): Where. Is. Andorra?!?

And should I rewrite the app for my villains too?

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:14 pm

Sphinxatopd wrote:No need to fear! Captain Andorra is here!

Appearance: A 6'1 Hispanic man with black eyes and hair. His most prominent feature is his ridiculously greasy mustache. His costume is basically a primary colored spandex suit. Very Ugly.
Bio: As all Europeans know, every country needs to have a cheap ripoff of an American super hero. So, when the tiny country of Andorra found a secret Spanish-French military base from WWII, they jumped on the opportunity to have a real hero like all the big countries. They tested thousands of applicants, until they found a man who perfectly represented the honor and morals they wanted to display. He went in a normal man, and came out a gold medalist Olympian. He could run really fast and far, he can jump high and he can play chess pretty well. Unfortunately, he wouldn't stop thinking about morals and a synapse in his brain melted, so he occasionally has delusions of grandeur. He was a fun novelty for a while, until he got annoying with his rants on who unmoral the country was and the subsequent apologies. The leaders cooked up a plan and sent out of the country as a diplomatic embassy to the U.S, knowing he'd never be noticed. He then some how got put on an infinite team.

(Things in parentheses are OOC. The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)

Why did you become a superhero: To protect justice and morals and the honor of Andorra!
What are your goals for the future: To make Andorra the greatest and best known nation in the world! And you know, get an action figure and cereal line.
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): No one knows where Andorra is. And he's kinda obnoxious.
How would you describe your talents?: I can run, jump and deflect things! I am really good at physical activities.
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?) Again, not exactly great to be called slightly better than the normal human.
What are your strengths?: I am apparently he embodiment of virtue, or so I'm told.
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): Delsuional-y annoying, and the mustache, the mustache!
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: I was sent to meet with the leader of this fine country, and I am very reasonable. My temperament is my best trait!

Hey! Captain Andorra's back! Where's your wooden shield? That's pretty iconic. The app is accepted, by the way.

As for villain apps, since I don't remember who they were, why don't you resubmit them, too.
Last edited by Talchyon on Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sphinxatopd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sphinxatopd » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:36 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Sphinxatopd wrote:No need to fear! Captain Andorra is here!

Bio: As all Europeans know, every country needs to have a cheap ripoff of an American super hero. So, when the tiny country of Andorra found a secret Spanish-French military base from WWII, they jumped on the opportunity to have a real hero like all the big countries. They tested thousands of applicants, until they found a man who perfectly represented the honor and morals they wanted to display. He went in a normal man, and came out a gold medalist Olympian. He could run really fast and far, he can jump high and he can play chess pretty well. He needed a weapon, but due to the low funding, they just gave him a wooden shield. Unfortunately, he wouldn't stop thinking about morals and a synapse in his brain melted, so he occasionally has delusions of grandeur. He was a fun novelty for a while, until he got annoying with his rants on who unmoral the country was and the subsequent apologies. The leaders cooked up a plan and sent out of the country as a diplomatic embassy to the U.S, knowing he'd never be noticed. He then some how got put on an infinite team.

Hey! Captain Andorra's back! Where's your wooden shield? That's pretty iconic. The app is accepted, by the way.

As for villain apps, since I don't remember who they were, why don't you resubmit them, too.

Thanks for reminding me, just edited it in.
I'll add in my villains tomorrow maybe.
And maybe another hero as a treat.
Last edited by Sphinxatopd on Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:46 pm

Sphinxatopd wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Thanks for reminding me, just edited it in.
I'll add in my villains tomorrow maybe.
And maybe another hero as a treat.

Oooh!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse