NATION

PASSWORD

The Infinites:The Lamest Heroes -Comedy, Supers - OOC/Closed

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:05 am

Razul wrote:(I've never done an RP on NS before except for sports, but this looks really fun . . . how much commitment and experience would you like?)

Hey Razul. Thanks for stopping by!

This is really fun. You got that right.

How much commitment and experience? For experience, any is fine. You're good. If you want any suggestions or need any ways to advance the plot (or make something funny), I'm more than happy to help. And I'm pretty sure the rest of these guys would be happy to help, too.

As for commitment - I guess I'd like it if you sign up, you try to do it. There's always going to be real life things that happen that take you away. That's understandable. There's also going to be times when you're interested in other things. That's ok too. But what I've found is that if you come up with a good character, you end up thinking of other funny ways you can use that character. And then you want to write. Some will do it more, every day or several times a day. Others will do it less, maybe once every three or four days, or once a week. I always hope people will post more, just it because it makes it more fun. But there's no requirement involved.

Hope that helps, and hope you join us!
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:57 am

I'm in again.
Name(s): Ed and Aesculapius Johnson
Codename(s): (I'm open to ideas)
Sex: Male
Appearance: Siamese twins joined right above the right/left leg. They have three legs. Aesculapius has longer hair. Their hairstyles switch between each other's randomly, but they have know idea why. Ed has multiple personality disorder. His alternate personality is Pai'ea, who isn't aware of Ed or Ed's power.
Bio: Typical conjoined super-powered twins that found a powerful alien spork from a wreckage site near where they live.
Powers: Ed claims he has the ability to know what everyone dreams, or has dreamed about, but it is a lie. He actually can bring origami to life. Aesculapius has the ability to possess all the abilities he does not consciously think of. (powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Thoughtless_Complete_Arsenal) However, his is only at that moment, he possesses all of the powers that he isn't thinking about using. The spork they found grants the holder(s) limited fourth wall awareness.

(Things in parentheses are OOC. The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)
(Ed will always speak first in this application.)

Describe your abilities: I can bring origami to life. I also know what you dream about. Ignore my brother, Ed. I am far superior! I don't know if I actually have any powers can do anything. The reader knows what I am talking about.
Why did you become a superhero: What else was there for us to do? (Together, as if they had rehearsed it): People don't like us delivering them food, even.
What are your goals for the future: Aesculapius, you have any goals? Nope.
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): Living origami! Having the powers that you aren't consciously aware of! Alien sporks! Nobody wants these things.
How would you describe your talents?: Awesome, man. I don't know.
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?) Same reasons they are with the Minnesota Infinites, also, conjoined twins.
What are your strengths?: Origami is surprisingly strong. I haven't been able to use any powers, yet, so, um, fan appreciation?
What are your weaknesses?: We are conjoined twins. How many times are you going to ask us this.
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): Well, I... I'm just going to cut you off right there, Ed. They don't need to know about Pai'ea! Oh yeah, out of character, just pretend Pando said it.
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: I don't know.
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?): The press doesn't like them because it doesn't push the "ideal human" that they try to sell you.
He's banging two coconuts together!
Your sword is blowing glue! Let me try that again, your sword is glowing blue!
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry, and has widely been considered a bad move.
"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

GENERATION 12: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:00 pm

The Last Abode of Pando wrote:I'm in again.
Name(s): Ed and Aesculapius Johnson
Codename(s): (I'm open to ideas)
Appearance: Siamese twins joined right above the right/left leg. They have three legs. Aesculapius has longer hair. Their hairstyles switch between each other's randomly, but they have know idea why. Ed has multiple personality disorder. His alternate personality is Pai'ea, who isn't aware of Ed or Ed's power.
Bio: Typical conjoined super-powered twins that found a powerful alien spork from a wreckage site near where they live.
Powers: Ed claims he has the ability to know what everyone dreams, or has dreamed about, but it is a lie. He actually can bring origami to life. Aesculapius has the ability to possess all the abilities he does not consciously think of. (powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Thoughtless_Complete_Arsenal) However, his is only at that moment, he possesses all of the powers that he isn't thinking about using. The spork they found grants the holder(s) limited fourth wall awareness.

(Things in parentheses are OOC. The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)
(Ed will always speak first in this application.)

Describe your abilities: I can bring origami to life. I also know what you dream about. Ignore my brother, Ed. I am far superior! I don't know if I actually have any powers can do anything. The reader knows what I am talking about.
Why did you become a superhero: What else was there for us to do? (Together, as if they had rehearsed it): People don't like us delivering them food, even.
What are your goals for the future: Aesculapius, you have any goals? Nope.
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): Living origami! Having the powers that you aren't consciously aware of! Alien sporks! Nobody wants these things.
How would you describe your talents?: Awesome, man. I don't know.
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?) Same reasons they are with the Minnesota Infinites, also, conjoined twins.
What are your strengths?: Origami is surprisingly strong. I haven't been able to use any powers, yet, so, um, fan appreciation?
What are your weaknesses?: We are conjoined twins. How many times are you going to ask us this.
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): Well, I... I'm just going to cut you off right there, Ed. They don't need to know about Pai'ea! Oh yeah, out of character, just pretend Pando said it.
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: I don't know.
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?): The press doesn't like them because it doesn't push the "ideal human" that they try to sell you.

Two for the price of one! With an alien spork, no less. Funny! Accepted.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:19 pm

Hmm. I'm thinking the cannon could shoot fluffy, black kittens too.

Anyway, Taichyon, do we have an estimated dat/time for the IC thread, or numbers of characters minimum?
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:30 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:Hmm. I'm thinking the cannon could shoot fluffy, black kittens too.

Anyway, Taichyon, do we have an estimated dat/time for the IC thread, or numbers of characters minimum?

Hey!

The IC will have to wait until this weekend at the very earliest. But don't plan that as a definite just yet. I'd still like some more characters involved.

I know there's at least one, maybe more, players from the former Infinites thread that responded to me that haven't applied yet, and another that thought about adding either her former character from that former thread, or a new character. Plus, if you have about 7-8 really active people, I find that's a good number for an RP minimum.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:34 pm

Talchyon wrote:
The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:Hmm. I'm thinking the cannon could shoot fluffy, black kittens too.

Hey!

The IC will have to wait until this weekend at the very earliest. But don't plan that as a definite just yet. I'd still like some more characters involved.

I know there's at least one, maybe more, players from the former Infinites thread that responded to me that haven't applied yet, and another that thought about adding either her former character from that former thread, or a new character. Plus, if you have about 7-8 really active people, I find that's a good number for an RP minimum.

Alright, cool.

Razul
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Razul » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:15 pm

(Hope this isn't too serious. I haven't written comedy before, but I shall try my best! I love the concept :))

Name: Joanna Gardiner
Codename: Echo
Sex: Female
Appearance: About 5'2", and middling weight, with long, wavy blond hair. A large portion of her face and throat is covered in blisters and scar tissue, but otherwise she might be quite attractive.
Biography: When I was 16, my parents died in a mysterious fire at the chemical testing laboratory which they owned and operated. Contact with the toxic smoke left me deformed and mute. Obviously, I blamed the Infinite's slow and ineffective response to the fire for my parent's death, and I realized that I could use my presumed death to my advantage, so I took up the name Echo and became a super villain. I used my limited coding abilities and significantly more advanced hardware skills, to construct my voice synthesizer which allows me to perfectly record and play back any ambient noise. While I am unable to say anything original, I can use my ability to impersonate people with recordings to sew confusion by causing distractions and misunderstandings. I still live in the abandoned factory (Which is marked as a hazard zone due to the dangerous nature of the chemicals tested there) . . . I just couldn't stand to leave . . . It reminds me everyday of why the Infinites have to be taken down. Maybe then someone will notice this part of the world, and that there are people here who deserve to be saved as well.
Powers: Ability to perfectly play back any sound she hears.

Describe your abilities: I'm fairly sneaky in addition to my main power of repetition, and I guess I have some pretty good skills with hardware. (If pressed she could probably make a bomb or disable a computer without smashing it, but it has never really occurred to her to do so.)
Why did you turn to crime: I had to do something to survive. Stealing stuff is pretty easy actually. I just have to wear a hoodie so that no one gets a good look at my face.
Why did you further become a supervillain: I need to show the world that the people of Minnesota mean something. We need actual heroes, not these brainless, pathetic . . .idiots.
How do you feel about the Infinites: Brainless, pathetic idiots.
What's your end goal: Press. Bad press. Something that will get people to sit up and take notice.
You've captured the hero/heroine, what happens now: If I actually managed to capture someone? Probably I'd make them say a few useful phrases first just in case . . . it's always useful to have that on hand in my database. I guess I'd kill them . . . um . . . I never really thought about it before . . . Keep them prisoner?
Do you plan out your monologues or do they just sort of happen: It's kinda hard to monologue without a voice . . .
Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh (the noise you'd make when your plan is succeeding): Also kinda hard to laugh . . . but I have some great recordings . . . Um . . . let's see . . . A few Disney movie ones . . . the one from the end of Thriller . . .the Wicked Witch of the West . . .
Let's hear a sample of your evil roar (the noise you make when your plan is failing): I'm silent unless I have an especially good quote.
Any lines you won't cross: I won't hurt children of course . . . I'm not a monster, I just want people to notice Minnesota.
Would you prefer an archenemy, or would you rather just drift around from rogues gallery to rogues gallery: Either way. I don't really blame any one member of the Infinites but I find some more insufferable than others.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:52 pm

Razul wrote:(Hope this isn't too serious. I haven't written comedy before, but I shall try my best! I love the concept :))

Appearance: About 5'2", and middling weight, with long, wavy blond hair. A large portion of her face and throat is covered in blisters and scar tissue, but otherwise she might be quite attractive.
Biography: When I was 16, my parents died in a mysterious fire at the chemical testing laboratory which they owned and operated. Contact with the toxic smoke left me deformed and mute. Obviously, I blamed the Infinite's slow and ineffective response to the fire for my parent's death, and I realized that I could use my presumed death to my advantage, so I took up the name Echo and became a super villain. I used my limited coding abilities and significantly more advanced hardware skills, to construct my voice synthesizer which allows me to perfectly record and play back any ambient noise. While I am unable to say anything original, I can use my ability to impersonate people with recordings to sew confusion by causing distractions and misunderstandings. I still live in the abandoned factory (Which is marked as a hazard zone due to the dangerous nature of the chemicals tested there) . . . I just couldn't stand to leave . . . It reminds me everyday of why the Infinites have to be taken down. Maybe then someone will notice this part of the world, and that there are people here who deserve to be saved as well.

Describe your abilities: I'm fairly sneaky in addition to my main power of repetition, and I guess I have some pretty good skills with hardware. (If pressed she could probably make a bomb or disable a computer without smashing it, but it has never really occurred to her to do so.)
Why did you turn to crime: I had to do something to survive. Stealing stuff is pretty easy actually. I just have to wear a hoodie so that no one gets a good look at my face.
Why did you further become a supervillain: I need to show the world that the people of Minnesota mean something. We need actual heroes, not these brainless, pathetic . . .idiots.
What's your end goal: Press. Bad press. Something that will get people to sit up and take notice.
You've captured the hero/heroine, what happens now: If I actually managed to capture someone? Probably I'd make them say a few useful phrases first just in case . . . it's always useful to have that on hand in my database. I guess I'd kill them . . . um . . . I never really thought about it before . . . Keep them prisoner?
Do you plan out your monologues or do they just sort of happen: It's kinda hard to monologue without a voice . . .
Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh (the noise you'd make when your plan is succeeding): Also kinda hard to laugh . . . but I have some great recordings . . . Um . . . let's see . . . A few Disney movie ones . . . the one from the end of Thriller . . .the Wicked Witch of the West . . .
Let's hear a sample of your evil roar (the noise you make when your plan is failing): I'm silent unless I have an especially good quote.
Any lines you won't cross: I won't hurt children of course . . . I'm not a monster, I just want people to notice Minnesota.
Would you prefer an archenemy, or would you rather just drift around from rogues gallery to rogues gallery: Either way. I don't really blame any one member of the Infinites but I find some more insufferable than others.

Other than the part about making a bomb, I like her. I can just hear the Wicked Witch of the West cackling, only then to shift into John Wayne, "Dead or alive, you're comin' with me." Accepted. Thanks for joining! I hope you enjoy the storyline and grow in writing comedy.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:13 pm

Hmm. So, will Echo be able to record the fluffy, white kittens as they are shot through my cannon?

Well, it'll be interesting, to say the least.

Razul
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Razul » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Razul wrote:(Hope this isn't too serious. I haven't written comedy before, but I shall try my best! I love the concept :))

Other than the part about making a bomb, I like her. I can just hear the Wicked Witch of the West cackling, only then to shift into John Wayne, "Dead or alive, you're comin' with me." Accepted. Thanks for joining! I hope you enjoy the storyline and grow in writing comedy.

Got it. Awesome, thanks! I'm excited to play :)

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:14 pm

Name: Robert Schroeder AKA Chophel Kalsang
Codename: Stringpuller or String for short
Appearance: "Much to my chagrin, I am bald. But it prevents DNA scans from taking place, so that's a plus. I stand at 172.8 centimeters weighing 73.936 kilograms. My physique would be best described as "lithe" and limber. While I do not posses the most muscle, I make up for it in brain. Of course, the most obvious is my...body paint. This was my choice, as we are the "Domino Duo", I am the "white domino", and possess nine dots on my forehead (symbolizing the Buddhist Monk practice, yes I am a practicing Buddhist. No, I am not vegan. Nor am I Asian. No I will not remove these contacts for proof.) seven dots on my left hand, five on my right, three in a right to left diagonal slant under my left eye, and one on my chin. I have no tattoos elsewhere. No, you may not inspect, I'm not interested in your opinions on my body."
Biography: "You could tell that a child is destined for greatness. Especially since that child lived through an abortion. Both the medical and aspiration forms of abortion. It is unknown precisely how I gained these powers, but powers I held. But then, I barely knew what it was. So, I was pitched into the garbage, when I once again used my abilities to roll down the street to someone, anyone..."

"I would be picked up by a Buddhist Monk and foster father, Lobsang Dhargey, as the brothers of the Triple Gem of the North Monk's Residence were doing service work in the city. Imagine their surprise when out of the trash they picked up in the streets along with the chain gangs a newborn was among them! From what I learned, they found out that I was to be...terminated, and offered to take me in instead. Thus I became Robert Schroeder, and when I turned twelve, when I attended jukai and became an official Buddhist, Chophel Kalsang."

"But as youngsters are wont to do, I wished to see life outside the residence. I attended middle school, and high school as a normal enough kid, and was attracted to law. I was good in debates and mediating conflicts, so I decided to pursue a degree in criminology."

"During college, I would be among the newest detectives on the force, and actually would bring in many criminals with my "luck" and "ability", ultimately bagging my future partner in crime. However, I saw that my role as a normal human being (as far as I knew) constantly being overshadowed by the great Infinites. There was no envy, merely concern for my career, and that of future generations, where nobody would try to solve crimes and leave it to the supers."

"Ragdoll was among the most human of criminals I met, and I felt...connected to him. Sympathy. He was using his talents for what he wanted, and so was I, but we both had a common enemy. The Infinites. Mine being obsolescence and being among the sheep lead by the shepherds. After consulting my foster father, I came to a decision, I would break him out."

"Exit Detective Kalsang and the Spider, enter the Domino Duo, robbers with rebellious intentions."
Powers: Probability Manipulation via Path Killer (Superpower Wikia)

Describe your abilities: "I counter events. Simply by creating a series of events to counter any...unpleasant and immediate situations. This can range from bullets, debris, and in some cases, people's decisions and technology. Unfortunately, I need to at least perceive it with my five senses, unless I would be far more powerful than I am. I can only affect, as of right now, five situations at once, which nearly drains me of my ability. After much study, an average recharge of my ability is exactly one hour."
Why did you turn to crime: "At first, I thought it was mind control, and I was good at it. I used to be on law enforcement, until I met the infamous "Spider of Northside". Unhinged he may be, he enjoyed his life, and worked on his own terms. I envied that."
Why did you further become a supervillain: "It profited me, besides, I enjoy unraveling meticulous puzzles. Said puzzle being society, and I view myself as a counselor and therapist to this society...hoping to one day rid of it's addiciton to super-powered beings, or embrace their own powers. There are ways for the weak to overcome the strong."
How do you feel about the Infinites: "Politically as a whole, they are my antithesis. They strive for control, for the strong to rule over the weak, for the weak to be complacent. I intend to rid such complacency."
What's your end goal: "The dissolution of any and all superhuman control over the sociopolitical system of America. We had a revolution over a king out of touch with the country, perhaps it's time for another one to occur."
You've captured the hero/heroine, what happens now: "I explain my endgame, not my plan, but my overall beliefs. If they refuse, I kill them. They knew what they were signing up for."
Do you plan out your monologues or do they just sort of happen: "I usually don't randomly capture heroes, I state my piece, and craft my speeches to meet the views of those who I am interested in swaying. A few paragraphs, pause to see if the hero has found a way out of my trap, or another is inside my base, and ask if they have any questions. If they are not talkative, I leave them. I'm not that desperate for social interaction..."
Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh (the noise you'd make when your plan is succeeding): "It's a subdued "mmm, excellent". I rarely laugh, save for comedy. Rag-dolls antics are...entertaining."
Let's hear a sample of your evil roar (the noise you make when your plan is failing): "I do not "fail", I merely learn a new facet of my opponent, and adjust my long term goals to compensate. "Failure" is synonymous with "giving up"."
Any lines you won't cross: "I never would attack the disenfranchised, I usually go after the wealthy, the lazy, and the corrupt. Most of our crimes are breaking and entering, failing to fill out parking meters, and jaywalking."
Would you prefer an archenemy, or would you rather just drift around from rogues gallery to rogues gallery: "I find that having a nemesis would deter me from my overall goal. However, if someone views me as their antithesis, I may humor them...for a while."

Another is on the way, will be up tomorrow.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

The Land of the Golden Blobfish
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the Golden Blobfish » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:36 pm

Talchyon wrote:
The Land of the Golden Blobfish wrote:Name: Matthew Smith
Codename: Stump. What do you mean? I guess I...stumped you there. Eh? Hu- OH GOD!!
Sex: Three times a day. Just kidding, I only wished. Anyway, I’m a guy.
Appearance:
Bio: You see, I was raised deep within this confined laboratory, never allowed to see the world outside my metal prison. I spent year after year, enduring painful tests hoping that one day I would be free. And that was when the fire nation attacked! Oh god, you should see your face, it’s priceless! Nah mate, all that stuff I said was bogus. I was raised right here in Minnesota just chilling, you know, enjoying life. What, you want more? Trust me, I’m not that interesting.
Powers: Well, whenever I tell a (bad) joke or pun, a huge metal anvil usually falls from the sky and crashes right here on the ground. Usually in front of me but eh, I’ve managed to aim it before.

Describe your abilities: Well, I am a master fighter. Once, I was trapped in a cavern all by myself with over a 100 carnivorous guinea pigs. The battle was hard fought but I eventually arose from the ashes of my fallen prey and claimed victory over their forgotten souls. Oh, you’re serious. Well, I can cook two minute ramen in a minute and fifty nine seconds, does that count?
Why did you become a superhero: I don’t know, it seemed like a lot of fun. That and the fact that they won't hire me at Victoria's Secret.
What are your goals for the future: To be the hare- just joking there. Maybe not, you never know.
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): Other than the anvils, they technically don’t have any other superpowers.
How would you describe your talents?: Other than my anvil summoning jokes and amazing prepackaged cooking skills, I'd say the only thing there is to me is my incredible charm with the ladies (hint: it’s not so incredible)
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?) His power is restricted to anvils and as they fall from the sky, his power would be completely useless if he’s, lets say, trapped underground. And he’s just generally very vulnerable. Plus he has to be able to talk to summon them, however, if an anvil managed to hit someone, well, let's just it's going to hurt like hell.
What are your strengths?: I'm a pretty sick driver. Got the gold cup in every course on Mario Kart. Oh, and I’m quite the photographer. In what? Well, let’s just skip past that.
What are your weaknesses?: I'm pretty allergic to dieing. Like, incredibly. I mean if I died, I’d be dead you know?
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): Well, he’s a pervert so he can get distracted easily. I’ll leave it at that.
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: Because like, imagine all the sick parties we'd hold.
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?): Matthew has never been seen using his powers to fight crime or any of the sort so he's never had the spotlight shone on him. And even if he did, the media would think he was boring. After all, he's not a flying hero with a flashy costume and line of action figures.

I can't imagine why Victoria's Secret wouldn't hire Matthew to be one of their models. :) Glitch will be back, too. And he'll still call Matthew, "Donut-Guy." Just so you know.

Accepted.

What pretty much happened :P
http://i.imgur.com/lCw9LvT.jpg

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:39 pm

Danceria wrote:
Appearance: "Much to my chagrin, I am bald. But it prevents DNA scans from taking place, so that's a plus. I stand at 172.8 centimeters weighing 73.936 kilograms. My physique would be best described as "lithe" and limber. While I do not posses the most muscle, I make up for it in brain. Of course, the most obvious is my...body paint. This was my choice, as we are the "Domino Duo", I am the "white domino", and possess nine dots on my forehead (symbolizing the Buddhist Monk practice, yes I am a practicing Buddhist. No, I am not vegan. Nor am I Asian. No I will not remove these contacts for proof.) seven dots on my left hand, five on my right, three in a right to left diagonal slant under my left eye, and one on my chin. I have no tattoos elsewhere. No, you may not inspect, I'm not interested in your opinions on my body."
Biography: "You could tell that a child is destined for greatness. Especially since that child lived through an abortion. Both the medical and aspiration forms of abortion. It is unknown precisely how I gained these powers, but powers I held. But then, I barely knew what it was. So, I was pitched into the garbage, when I once again used my abilities to roll down the street to someone, anyone..."

"I would be picked up by a Buddhist Monk and foster father, Lobsang Dhargey, as the brothers of the Triple Gem of the North Monk's Residence were doing service work in the city. Imagine their surprise when out of the trash they picked up in the streets along with the chain gangs a newborn was among them! From what I learned, they found out that I was to be...terminated, and offered to take me in instead. Thus I became Robert Schroeder, and when I turned twelve, when I attended jukai and became an official Buddhist, Chophel Kalsang."

"But as youngsters are wont to do, I wished to see life outside the residence. I attended middle school, and high school as a normal enough kid, and was attracted to law. I was good in debates and mediating conflicts, so I decided to pursue a degree in criminology."

"During college, I would be among the newest detectives on the force, and actually would bring in many criminals with my "luck" and "ability", ultimately bagging my future partner in crime. However, I saw that my role as a normal human being (as far as I knew) constantly being overshadowed by the great Infinites. There was no envy, merely concern for my career, and that of future generations, where nobody would try to solve crimes and leave it to the supers."

"Ragdoll was among the most human of criminals I met, and I felt...connected to him. Sympathy. He was using his talents for what he wanted, and so was I, but we both had a common enemy. The Infinites. Mine being obsolescence and being among the sheep lead by the shepherds. After consulting my foster father, I came to a decision, I would break him out."

"Exit Detective Kalsang and the Spider, enter the Domino Duo, robbers with rebellious intentions."

Describe your abilities: "I counter events. Simply by creating a series of events to counter any...unpleasant and immediate situations. This can range from bullets, debris, and in some cases, people's decisions and technology. Unfortunately, I need to at least perceive it with my five senses, unless I would be far more powerful than I am. I can only affect, as of right now, five situations at once, which nearly drains me of my ability. After much study, an average recharge of my ability is exactly one hour."
Why did you turn to crime: "At first, I thought it was mind control, and I was good at it. I used to be on law enforcement, until I met the infamous "Spider of Northside". Unhinged he may be, he enjoyed his life, and worked on his own terms. I envied that."
Why did you further become a supervillain: "It profited me, besides, I enjoy unraveling meticulous puzzles. Said puzzle being society, and I view myself as a counselor and therapist to this society...hoping to one day rid of it's addiciton to super-powered beings, or embrace their own powers. There are ways for the weak to overcome the strong."
How do you feel about the Infinites: "Politically as a whole, they are my antithesis. They strive for control, for the strong to rule over the weak, for the weak to be complacent. I intend to rid such complacency."
What's your end goal: "The dissolution of any and all superhuman control over the sociopolitical system of America. We had a revolution over a king out of touch with the country, perhaps it's time for another one to occur."
You've captured the hero/heroine, what happens now: "I explain my endgame, not my plan, but my overall beliefs. If they refuse, I kill them. They knew what they were signing up for."
Do you plan out your monologues or do they just sort of happen: "I usually don't randomly capture heroes, I state my piece, and craft my speeches to meet the views of those who I am interested in swaying. A few paragraphs, pause to see if the hero has found a way out of my trap, or another is inside my base, and ask if they have any questions. If they are not talkative, I leave them. I'm not that desperate for social interaction..."
Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh (the noise you'd make when your plan is succeeding): "It's a subdued "mmm, excellent". I rarely laugh, save for comedy. Rag-dolls antics are...entertaining."
Let's hear a sample of your evil roar (the noise you make when your plan is failing): "I do not "fail", I merely learn a new facet of my opponent, and adjust my long term goals to compensate. "Failure" is synonymous with "giving up"."
Any lines you won't cross: "I never would attack the disenfranchised, I usually go after the wealthy, the lazy, and the corrupt. Most of our crimes are breaking and entering, failing to fill out parking meters, and jaywalking."
Would you prefer an archenemy, or would you rather just drift around from rogues gallery to rogues gallery: "I find that having a nemesis would deter me from my overall goal. However, if someone views me as their antithesis, I may humor them...for a while."

I'm puzzled at his powers. Can you like give an imaginary scenario where this plays out? I'm just not getting it. Like someone shoots at him, and then what?

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:56 am

Talchyon wrote:
Danceria wrote:

I'm puzzled at his powers. Can you like give an imaginary scenario where this plays out? I'm just not getting it. Like someone shoots at him, and then what?

Someone shoots at him, he has to simply focus for about five seconds, and the bullet inexplicably hits a breeze that wasn't there before, and arcs away from String.

On the converse, if a bunch of people start shooting at him, he could probably deflect all but like two.

If he was surrounded, he's buggered.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:38 am

Danceria wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Someone shoots at him, he has to simply focus for about five seconds, and the bullet inexplicably hits a breeze that wasn't there before, and arcs away from String.

On the converse, if a bunch of people start shooting at him, he could probably deflect all but like two.

If he was surrounded, he's buggered.

String might be a tad overpowered for us. Because if there ever was a fight between him, his partner and the Minnesota Infinites, there might be no way for the Infinites to win. Anvils, fluffy kittens shot from cannons, that sort of thing - nothing would hit him.

Can you give him some more limitations (say, he can do this to metals but not to organics?) Or include the 5-second time delay? Or something else.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:42 am

One of my favorite characters ever will now be an NPC. Those of you who haven't before, meet Glitch.

Name: Shawn Glitzky
Codename: Glitch
Sex: male
Appearance: Slightly taller than average and gangly. Hair is curly, somewhat longer, and definitely scraggly looking.

Out of costume: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/sco ... 0707020825
In costume: (Can't get a picture). Tan pants with big pockets, white longer shirt, blue shirt with a yellow lightning bolt on it, and a simple "less-than-a-buck" blue mask that covers his eyes only but not the rest of his face.

Bio: Shawn was always this way. From birth, he was making things malfunction without trying. Strollers. Pacifiers. Milk. His parents' cars. The tv. The closet door. All useless at random times. Some think it was caused by a genetic mutation. Some think it had something to do with living too close to Nebraska farms and having a bad reaction to fertilizers. Some think an evil super-genius used Shawn as an experiment, only to give him back to his parents and wipe their memories because he couldn't stand having Shawn's interrupt the daily workings of his lab. Shawn himself just thinks it was destiny.

So it was, that as Shawn Glitzky grew up, school wasn't his thing. Causing things to not work right caused problems and made it so that no teacher could ever get through to him. Somehow, he managed to pick up some Spanish, being kind of natural at it, and surprising himself in the process.

Then came the fateful day when Shawn was abducted by high-tech aliens who were intending on using people as guinea pigs for their own nefarious goals. Transporting him up to their cloaked warship orbiting Earth, the hulking aliens began to work on Shawn - and nothing would work. Needles were useless to pierce his skin. Drugs that were given to him had as much effect as sugar water. Straps wouldn't lock in. Weapons jammed and backfired when trying to threaten him. And to make things more interesting, the ship's propulsion, engines, navigation and life support also began failing. The pilots tried to save their ship, but their controls wouldn't respond. The ship plummeted from the sky (guess gravity or physics also wasn't functioning then), burning up on the way down. The alien warship crashed, killing all the hostiles, but miraculously Shawn survived. (The ground had malfunctioned, making that patch under him "squish-proof.")

The Infinites took notice. They were impressed that Shawn had single-handedly defeated an entire hostile alien ship without really doing anything. They couldn't publicize this, however, because they didn't want to alarm the public or give the military access to the alien technology that could still be salvaged. Shawn was invited to apply for the Infinites, but when he showed up for the interview, he caused all of the important electronic communications that alerted the Infinites of impeding crises to be useless - not to mention disrupting the accounting software so the heroes couldn't collect their weekly paychecks. Annoyed, the Infinites canceled Shawn's application on the spot, and demoted him to the Minnesota Infinites, pending a recruitment interview and physical.

Shawn, unable to take a taxi, catch a flight or hitch a ride, annoyed the Infinites once more by pestering them for super-powered transportation to Minnesota until someone caved. Finally a frustrated Wraith teleported Shawn to right outside the Minnesota Infinites' door.

Powers:
Function Impairment - See description here: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Function_Impairment. The only difference with Glitch is that it almost always happens (except when it messes up with the plot), and he can't control it. So to summarize: doesn't matter if it's electronic (a computer), wooden (a door), cloth (shoelaces), or metal (a fireman's pole) - Glitch's ability makes it not work the way that it's supposed to. Basically lasts as long as it's funny.

Stupidity Inducement - See description here: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Stupidity_Inducement. This one is something Glitch has to will, in order to work. The effects of stupidity and the levels that IQ can drop are TBD, but always temporary. When Glitch stops willing it, the person "bungee-rebounds" to a heightened intellect for a few moments (a short post or two), before returning to normal.

Describe your abilities: Dude. I can make things suck. Like not work right. We're talking anything - from your friend's Chevy that he lets you drive that suddenly goes all idle, to the glass you pour water into that now sprung a leak the size of the bottom in it. And, I can make people dumb. So that super-genius-billionaire who dresses up in robot armor? He better watch out, 'cause I'm gonna "take him down."

Why did you become a superhero: It's hard to believe that I didn't do good in school, what with my word processor going haywire the night before my assignments were due, to my pencils unable to write when taking tests. I guess school wasn't for me. Other jobs don't seem to be my thing, either. I'm not the ideal job candidate because I make the McDonald's fry oil not bubble or the lawnmower decides to reattach grass that someone else already cut. Being a superhero seemed like the best thing for me.

What are your goals for the future: I'm going to show that I am the greatest superhero that ever lived, and ever will live. I will "take people down."

(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): Glitch would be great if he could control his ability to impair functions. But since it's on without him being able to control it, it really messes up with anyone trying to send electronic communications and the Infinites' database.

How would you describe your talents?: Awesome! Better than every other superhero combined! And then more.

(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?) Glitch has very few talents, since almost anything he tries malfunctions. He has picked up a lot of Spanish, however, and can speak Spanish decently in a pinch.

What are your strengths?: Dude! Everything about me is a strength!
What are your weaknesses?: People don't understand me. I think they're jealous. They wish they could be me. I don't know why the comic book people haven't come knocking on my door yet...

(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): No, I think this is good for now. :)

Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: They need me. I can take down any super bad guy that comes along. They may not know it yet, but they will.

Why does the press hate or ignore you?: I don't take pictures well. For whatever reason, interviews don't go well either. Cameras seem to jam and laptops freeze and show the black screen of death. I think that it's just a matter of time, however.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the Golden Blobfish » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:58 am

Yo Talchyon, I'm going to start working on my first post. Is there any big changes/ happenings in the story I should know about before I write?

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:00 am

The Land of the Golden Blobfish wrote:Yo Talchyon, I'm going to start working on my first post. Is there any big changes/ happenings in the story I should know about before I write?

I think we'll start with a brief introduction to get everyone situated. Probably at another meeting of the MN Infinites, just some time after the events of the former thread.

And then, the plot will take a decidedly fun twist. :)
Last edited by Talchyon on Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the Golden Blobfish » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:23 am

Talchyon wrote:
The Land of the Golden Blobfish wrote:Yo Talchyon, I'm going to start working on my first post. Is there any big changes/ happenings in the story I should know about before I write?

I think we'll start with a brief introduction to get everyone situated. Probably at another meeting of the MN Infinites, just some time after the events of the former thread.

Okay cool. I'm planning on having Matt miss most of the meeting as he "takes a wrong turn" and finds himself in a big warehouse full of supervillians. And he's mistaken for one of the new recruits until one thing leads to another :P

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:10 am

The Land of the Golden Blobfish wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Okay cool. I'm planning on having Matt miss most of the meeting as he "takes a wrong turn" and finds himself in a big warehouse full of supervillians. And he's mistaken for one of the new recruits until one thing leads to another :P

Ha! I'm glad you're back in this. Sounds great.

And I can also direct you to some extra NPC supervillains if you wish. Though some of accepted applicants might very well be there too. There will be a leader behind the group out of the scene, who will be very mysterious and isn't even referred to by name - yet - let alone mentioned. He (or she?) will be a big part of this new revamp.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:42 pm

The Land of the Golden Blobfish wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Do you suggest having an NPC brief write-up of the supervillain meeting that Matt stumbles into?

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:37 pm

Scrapped my overpowered dude for something a bit more reasonable. Still going for the dynamic duo, but this is the lesser of my two overpowered dudes.

Name: Stephen Lille
Codename: Ragdoll
Appearance:
Biography:
Powers: Body Manipulation, in the form bone and organ manipulation, his extreme contortionist abilities, and ability to be able to dehydrate his palms, feet, limbs and portions of his skin in order to act as suction cups. Naturally, the tougher stuff (like moving your organ out of your way) is flight or fight, and only in emergencies (Say someone was about to stab him in his heart, he would subconsciously move the target a few centimeters out of the way)

Describe your abilities:
Why did you turn to crime:
Why did you further become a supervillain:
How do you feel about the Infinites:
What's your end goal:
You've captured the hero/heroine, what happens now: "I put them to sleep, and talk with them in their minds via dreamscape, if they're
Do you plan out your monologues or do they just sort of happen:
Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh (the noise you'd make when your plan is succeeding):
Let's hear a sample of your evil roar (the noise you make when your plan is failing):
Any lines you won't cross:
Would you prefer an archenemy, or would you rather just drift around from rogues gallery to rogues gallery:

I basically wanted a creepy semi-powerful contortionist with a visionary, my other idea was to have my opponent be able to do several layers of hypnosis/dream manipulation through several levels.

Level 1, "Linger": By saying a phrase and using his power, he is able to trick the brain into remembering something or a phrase until you repeat it aloud a few times, which naturally forces you to remember naturally. It's an ingenious self-repeating cycle. It's not very noticeable to the affected, mildly so to the villain. Usually nonverbal, either via a hand motion or eye contact. Can be used on all who can hear the words/see the actions. Only ability that can be used on multiple people.

Level 2, "Indoctrinate": A more difficult and upgraded version of the Repetition power, as the name implies, it can be used as either an image, memory, or more complex verbal instructions. Affects are similar to those who experience mild forms of schizophrenia. To those unaware, it can lead to paranoia and possible depression, usually induced by the victim brooding over the Lingering command. The beginning is usually an unusual word or short sentence, followed by the command the villain wishes to "Linger". Villain endures a mild mental drain, similar after when one deals with a stressful day, complete with mild irritability.

Level 3 "Suppression": One of the more difficult techniques, and the main mental attack in varying degrees. During it's most powerful form (without actually knocking out the person), the victim experiences general drowsiness and symptoms similar to after one had too many drinks. Slow reaction time, "stuffed up head", slurred speech, usually lasting up to five minutes. Aftereffects may include confusion and forgetfulness. Villain has a few medium sized phrases or stream of words as a "flashbang", to stop a high-skill target. Longer phrases are used for mild indoctrination and powerful level Indoctrinate to convince the person to do something they may not usually do...and segways into level 5. Suppression results in a medium-strong to very strong migraine that lasts for an hour.

Level 4 "Knockout": Target is put to sleep for approximately 5 hours, results in villain receiving heavy drowsy symptoms for 2.5 hours.

Level 5 "Dreamcatcher: Only occurs when target is asleep, psychic link is established allowing Villain to communicate and implant ideas and thoughts in the victim's head via dreams. Result is Villain requiring to sleep a full cycle (9 hours) to recover. Dreamcatcher ceremony lasts approximately three hours for optimal results.

Level 6 "Comatose": Through six hours of working nonstop, an average person can be rendered into a sleep from which they shall not wake. Even if they are awakened, they are in a vegetative state. Villain needs to sleep twelve hours before resuming any form of activity.
Last edited by Danceria on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obligatory Quotes below

Razul
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Razul » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:20 pm

For those who are curious, some concept art of Echo. Sorry for the small size:

The right side of her face is covered in scars. The circular thing at her throat is the speaker for her voice synthesizer.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the Golden Blobfish » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:59 pm

Talchyon wrote:
The Land of the Golden Blobfish wrote:Okay cool. I'm planning on having Matt miss most of the meeting as he "takes a wrong turn" and finds himself in a big warehouse full of supervillians. And he's mistaken for one of the new recruits until one thing leads to another :P

Do you suggest having an NPC brief write-up of the supervillain meeting that Matt stumbles into?

Sure. I was thinking it would probably be a good opportunity to introduce other people's villains into the RP if they wanted as it would quickly get them involved with the Infinites, dealing with Matt and all.

Razul wrote:For those who are curious, some concept art of Echo. Sorry for the small size:

The right side of her face is covered in scars. The circular thing at her throat is the speaker for her voice synthesizer.

That's pretty good. So is like half of her body all scarred then?

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:00 pm

I would have a picture of my guy, but I is no good artist.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse