NATION

PASSWORD

The Infinites:The Lamest Heroes -Comedy, Supers - OOC/Closed

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:39 pm

HEROES -

You are about to be involved in a fight with a new supervillain (though one that was alluded to way early in this revised RP - the guy wearing the leotards at the Villain's meeting). I look forward to seeing how you can take on... THE CAN-CAN MAN. Best of luck.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:31 pm

Talchyon wrote:HEROES -

You are about to be involved in a fight with a new supervillain (though one that was alluded to way early in this revised RP - the guy wearing the leotards at the Villain's meeting). I look forward to seeing how you can take on... THE CAN-CAN MAN. Best of luck.

Whalestron -

You had a hilarious post up, about Trashman's childhood and his reaction to the song. Now it's not up. Did you take it down for some reason?
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Whalestron » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:33 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Talchyon wrote:HEROES -

Whalestron -

You had a hilarious post up, about Trashman's childhood and his reaction to the song. Now it's not up. Did you take it down for some reason?

Yeah, accidentally. Luckily, I had it saved to my clipboard. I added something from Sarah. I'm super glad I had it ready to paste again, that could have been bad

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:15 pm

If anyone has any suggestions as to super-hero names for Ed, Aesculapius, or both together, I would appreciate it.
He's banging two coconuts together!
Your sword is blowing glue! Let me try that again, your sword is glowing blue!
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry, and has widely been considered a bad move.
"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

GENERATION 12: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:01 pm

"Translation for the American-English"

Was that really needed?
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:18 pm

Also, I posted on the IC.

I think it's a good post.

Gaia Concordis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaia Concordis » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:12 am

*quietly waits for more villains to post*
Dank memes, people being people, puns

Stupidity

"People don’t think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?" -Unknown
"*blip blip*" -Falco Lombardi and Fox McCloud
"SKREEEEEEE" -Metroid #536
"*dies*" -Homestuck Characters
"The fandom has ruined my game" -Sans the Skeleton
"I would like to rage" -Grog Strongjaw
"... ... ... ... ... ..." -Pokemon Trainer Red
On Excidium Planetis's scale:
-(Around) Tier 11
-(Baseline) Level 5
-Late Type 11

Proud OP of Blazing Heavens!

Roma numquam periit.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:30 pm

Gaia Concordis wrote:*quietly waits for more villains to post*

Hey. I don't know if you're aware of this, but there was a new villain who has been trying to interact with you guys. Florida Man is with the villains, but he's been ignored. So you and the other villains can interact with him.

(Florida Man is controlled by Pando).

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:50 am

*sigh*
I...regrettably..watched the video becausew you kept on mentioning it, so I thought it was important.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Postby Whalestron » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:06 am

So I read that post and uh.. Well, I now know I should never be reading this rp in the middle of class XD

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:09 am

Whalestron wrote:So I read that post and uh.. Well, I now know I should never be reading this rp in the middle of class XD

People giving you strange looks?

Whalestron
Ambassador

Postby Whalestron » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:41 am

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:
Whalestron wrote:So I read that post and uh.. Well, I now know I should never be reading this rp in the middle of class XD

People giving you strange looks?

Yep. Probably thought I was either crazy or was looking at memes

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:46 pm

What post did you read?
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry, and has widely been considered a bad move.

GENERATION 12: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Postby Whalestron » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:00 pm

The Last Abode of Pando wrote:

What post did you read?

I read Talchy's and every one below it, it was great

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:03 pm

Oh...yeah, I need to post a reply to the dancing.

Hmm, I should be able to use my kitten cannon....

Gaia Concordis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaia Concordis » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:56 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Gaia Concordis wrote:*quietly waits for more villains to post*

Hey. I don't know if you're aware of this, but there was a new villain who has been trying to interact with you guys. Florida Man is with the villains, but he's been ignored. So you and the other villains can interact with him.

Ah, wonderful! I'll get to that as soon as the others post.

EDIT 01: Or maybe I'll just edit my post, depending on when Florida Man's last action was.
Last edited by Gaia Concordis on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dank memes, people being people, puns

Stupidity

"People don’t think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?" -Unknown
"*blip blip*" -Falco Lombardi and Fox McCloud
"SKREEEEEEE" -Metroid #536
"*dies*" -Homestuck Characters
"The fandom has ruined my game" -Sans the Skeleton
"I would like to rage" -Grog Strongjaw
"... ... ... ... ... ..." -Pokemon Trainer Red
On Excidium Planetis's scale:
-(Around) Tier 11
-(Baseline) Level 5
-Late Type 11

Proud OP of Blazing Heavens!

Roma numquam periit.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:00 pm

Gaia Concordis wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Ah, wonderful! I'll get to that as soon as the others post.

EDIT 01: Or maybe I'll just edit my post, depending on when Florida Man's last action was.

VILLAINS -

You have been summoned by Diet Cola to help him round up the cows. Please find your way out there and help with this.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:01 am

EVERYONE -

In case you weren't aware, there is something fun that happens at the end of each year (since 2013 anyway) for P2TM. That's right.

It's time for Nominations for The Best of P2TM 2016.

That means, posts from all kinds of categories - including comedy - can get nominated for an award. Awards are like points on the Drew Carey rendition of "Whose Line is it Anyway" - they don't actually give you anything other than recognition. Kind of like points for the Cleveland Browns, now that we're at it.

You can't nominate your own posts, you can only nominate others. There are other rules that you should read in the first post.

However, if anyone wants to nominate someone else here for an award, go for it! And if anyone else here wants to nominate someone from the Old Infinites thread, see the 1st page, 1st post here in the OOC, right below the picture.

Form for nominations is HERE! NOMINATION DEADLINE is 3 JANUARY, 2017, 1800 UTC.

Seeing how hilarious this group has been, I think people here should be nominated. Do think about this and do nominate, not only from here, but also from other RPs you have interacted with.

One other thing. The rules state: "A note on Community Choice: Genre RP. Some RP can fall under more than one category. A role play can only win in one category however. A life-based game can have horror or romance but it is predominantly life-based. A superhero game falls under action even if it fights bad guys (crime) or contains funny elements (comedy). The exception would be a school for budding superheroes (school-based). If in doubt, allow the OP to determine the RP's primary genre."

As the OP of this run of the Infinites, I hereby determine and dub that this RP's primary genre is COMEDY (and not Superhero action).

So again. Take a moment, or several, and if you like some person's posts here, be sure to nominate them. You can nominate lots of times, lots of people.

If you need help with figuring out how to nominate, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Thanks.
Last edited by Talchyon on Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:32 am

Talchyon wrote:EVERYONE -
It's time for Nominations for The Best of P2TM 2016

*signs into puppet*
*nominates self*
:)

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:33 am

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:
Talchyon wrote:EVERYONE -
It's time for Nominations for The Best of P2TM 2016

*signs into puppet*
*nominates self*

Sadly. "You can't nominate your own posts, you can only nominate others. There are other rules that you should read in the first post."

Someone should nominate you, Beare-Mor, though...

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:43 am

Talchyon wrote:
The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:*signs into puppet*
*nominates self*

Sadly. "You can't nominate your own posts, you can only nominate others. There are other rules that you should read in the first post."

Someone should nominate you, Beare-Mor, though...

Yeah...I know.
I'll try to nominate somebody though. I have an idea of who.

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:40 am

So. Someone want to post?

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:42 am

The Last Abode of Pando wrote:So. Someone want to post?

Been a little busy. Plus, I was waiting for Aero-Gal. But if I don't hear from her in a day or two, I'll post.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:52 pm

Let's try this, shall we? I decided to be a semi-cliche insane "doctor"-y fellow who hates basically everyone. He also happens to be in endless torment/suffering that is semi-comical when you think about it.

Let me know if it's "too serious", but I was kind of going for a vaguely serious villain.

Name: Jonathan "John" Gray
Codename: Plague Doctor / The Doctor
Sex: M.
Appearance: this.
Biography: Jonathan Gray was a normal guy. Until, it turns out, he wasn't. He became very, very sick one day and almost died. He didn't... but he never got better. It turns out that, somehow, his body became modified through unknown means to carry every disease possible at once without dying. Jonathan Gray eventually learned he could control all the diseases he was afflicted with, as well as manipulate and create new ones. Using this power, he became known as Plague Doctor; or simply, the Doctor. He made himself a nice plague doctor-y costume from the good old days.

Now, he's made a name for himself as the Doctor; not one who gets you better, but one who gets you lethally sick. Unfortunately, as a backfire, he must suffer these illnesses all the time - without dying or fatigue, thankfully. He can move around and such, but he's almost under constant pain (unless he's on morphine). The Doctor likes to use his powers for his own interests, as well as to experiment on people for fun. He also grew a disdain for most people due to his endless suffering. He is never seen out of costume because all the diseases he has have rendered him permanently scarred and disfigured.
Powers: Disease Immunity, Disease Manipulation, Disease Inducement.

Describe your abilities: John/The Doctor is immune to all diseases by virtue of already having them. He can manipulate said diseases and control them, as well as induce them in others. The Doctor can only induce treatable/curable lethal illnesses in others, however; so he cannot cause cancer or any other disease/illness that is incurable/untreatable. This essentially means that the Doctor can infect you with, say, a severe case of Swine Flu (easily treatable; with treatment, fixed in a few days or weeks); but he cannot, however, infect you with say, ebola.
Why did you turn to crime: For fun, and because he's genuinely pissed off at the world for screwing him over.
Why did you further become a supervillain: He hates the world and wants to make it his playground for disease and filth.
How do you feel about the Infinites: Heroes go die.
What's your end goal: To make everyone suffer as he does, to become rich and possibly to kill off as many disgusting heroes as possible.
You've captured the hero/heroine, what happens now: The Doctor infects them with a disease of his choosing, and then sends them off to infect as many people as possible.
Do you plan out your monologues or do they just sort of happen: The Doctor very rarely monologues.
Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh: this-ish.
Let's hear a sample of your evil roar: The above but angry sounding and more growly/coughing.
Any lines you won't cross: What's a line?
Would you prefer an archenemy, or would you rather just drift around from rogues gallery to rogues gallery: The Doctor hates everyone pretty equally, so I'd say that he can be enemies with anyone; even other villains.
Last edited by The V O I D on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:44 pm

The V O I D wrote:Let's try this, shall we? I decided to be a semi-cliche insane "doctor"-y fellow who hates basically everyone. He also happens to be in endless torment/suffering that is semi-comical when you think about it.

Let me know if it's "too serious", but I was kind of going for a vaguely serious villain.

Name: Jonathan "John" Gray
Codename: Plague Doctor / The Doctor
Sex: M.
Appearance: this.
Biography: Jonathan Gray was a normal guy. Until, it turns out, he wasn't. He became very, very sick one day and almost died. He didn't... but he never got better. It turns out that, somehow, his body became modified through unknown means to carry every disease possible at once without dying. Jonathan Gray eventually learned he could control all the diseases he was afflicted with, as well as manipulate and create new ones. Using this power, he became known as Plague Doctor; or simply, the Doctor. He made himself a nice plague doctor-y costume from the good old days.

Now, he's made a name for himself as the Doctor; not one who gets you better, but one who gets you lethally sick. Unfortunately, as a backfire, he must suffer these illnesses all the time - without dying or fatigue, thankfully. He can move around and such, but he's almost under constant pain (unless he's on morphine). The Doctor likes to use his powers for his own interests, as well as to experiment on people for fun. He also grew a disdain for most people due to his endless suffering. He is never seen out of costume because all the diseases he has have rendered him permanently scarred and disfigured.
Powers: Disease Immunity, Disease Manipulation, Disease Creation, Disease Inducement.

Describe your abilities: John/The Doctor is immune to all diseases by virtue of already having them. He can manipulate said diseases and control them, as well as induce them in others and create new ones (as a consequence, though, he must suffer any new diseases he creates... except, without any death that may be involved).
Why did you turn to crime: For fun, and because he's genuinely pissed off at the world for screwing him over.
Why did you further become a supervillain: He hates the world and wants to make it his playground for disease and filth.
How do you feel about the Infinites: Heroes go die.
What's your end goal: To make everyone suffer as he does, to become rich and possibly to kill off as many disgusting heroes as possible.
You've captured the hero/heroine, what happens now: The Doctor infects them with a disease of his choosing, and then sends them off to infect as many people as possible.
Do you plan out your monologues or do they just sort of happen: The Doctor very rarely monologues.
Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh: this-ish.
Let's hear a sample of your evil roar: The above but angry sounding and more growly/coughing.
Any lines you won't cross: What's a line?
Would you prefer an archenemy, or would you rather just drift around from rogues gallery to rogues gallery: The Doctor hates everyone pretty equally, so I'd say that he can be enemies with anyone; even other villains.

VOID - Good to see you, man. Hope you're doing good. Thanks for your interest in the Infinites. Definitely not your typical superhero story.

There are many things I like about your villain, especially his really weird costume and laugh/cough. However, the thing about the Infinites is that we're all D-level superheroes / villains. Almost any "normal" supervillain you've had in the past is going to be WAY too overpowered for this group. For our heroes, we have a guy who shoots kittens out of a tech cannon he built, a girl who can fly (slow) but has no inertia to keep going, Siamese twins (one who can animate origami, and the other who can do anything as long as he's not aware of it happening, and plus he's only in it for the laughs). NPC heroes are a guy who can shoot calculators at people, a guy who can manipulate tea (but only the small amount he carries with him), etc. You get the gist.

In other words, you're going to have to tone your plague doctor down.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse