NATION

PASSWORD

For Today there is no Tomorrow (OOC: Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

When do you think the story should move forward?

1) When you wrap up your own individual mini arcs so we can focus on the story in chapter one.
47%
2) Just move it ahead, and finish the stories in chapter one.
33%
2) Wait on as many people to post, and then move it forward.
20%
4) Forget about those who haven't posted, and just move it ahead.
No votes
5) Wait as long as possible, and move it ahead by force as a last result.
No votes

Total votes : 15

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:42 am

Would a arab millionaire who got stuck in the Hospital due to visiting his dying uncle be acceptable ?

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:51 am

Rygondria wrote:Would a arab millionaire who got stuck in the Hospital due to visiting his dying uncle be acceptable ?

Sure as long as said millionaire was here before the national quarantine it should be fine.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

RNT
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby RNT » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:53 am

Is there anything I need to fix on my app.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:55 am

Benuty wrote:
Rygondria wrote:Would a arab millionaire who got stuck in the Hospital due to visiting his dying uncle be acceptable ?

Sure as long as said millionaire was here before the national quarantine it should be fine.

Yeah he was, he was living in Miami before he ended up in Boston to see his dying uncle.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:58 am

RNT wrote:Is there anything I need to fix on my app.

I haven't checked your app yet, but I will in a few minutes.
Last edited by Benuty on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

RNT
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby RNT » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:59 am

Benuty wrote:
RNT wrote:Is there anything I need to fix on my app.

I haven't checked your app yet, but I will in a few minutes.

Okay, thank you.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:00 am

Rygondria wrote:
Benuty wrote:Sure as long as said millionaire was here before the national quarantine it should be fine.

Yeah he was, he was living in Miami before he ended up in Boston to see his dying uncle.

Sounds good by me then.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:09 am

1) Nation Name: San

2) Characters Name: Patrick "Pat" O'Connor

3) Characters Age: 16

4) Character Sex: Male

5) Character Rank: N/A

6) Mental, Terminal, or Chronic Conditions: Suffers from severe anxiety, insomnia, depression, is afflicted by the Cotard Delusion, and associated psychosis.

7) What surgery will you be having: None, unless they want to lobotomize him I guess.

8 ) Character racial, and ethnic group: Caucasian, Irish-American

9) Character nationality: American

10) Character position: N/A

11) Character's biography:
Patrick O'Connor was born in a trailer park near Caribou, Maine, to a 16 year old mother who had been impregnated by an alcoholic logger. There he was raised, and abused, by both his father who would return on occasion, and his mother who developed an addiction to superscription medication. From birth he was not like most other children, but his psychologists have struggled to decide whether his psychosis and cotard delusion was present from birth, or was induced due to the abuse he faced. For misbehaving, he would spend hours on end in a box deprived from stimulation, or would face verbal and physical punishment. It is also believed that during this time he was sexually abused on more than a few instances by either his mother or one of her male friends. In short, he received heinous abuse and neglect for much of his youth, and experienced limited social interaction.

Until the age of eight, Patrick lived like this, with his younger brother Thomas, who was born by a different father. Somewhere in between that time, his mother also got pregnant again, but she stabbed it to death upon its birth, and left it in a dumpster. It was close to this time a concerned neighbor reported the abuse to the police, or rather, when she complained to them over the noise of children screaming. Patrick's mother was convicted, and the boys were both hospitalized. Being but a year old, Thomas Winters was sent to a foster home, and at the age of two was adopted. Patrick remained hospitalized until the age of nine, for treatment of depression and mild psychosis and health issues due to abuse, until his father reappeared on the scene.

That winter, he arrived at the hospital and won custody of Patrick. He brought him to his house in Caribou, where he lived with his girlfriend. At first, he was kind to Patrick. He had recovered from his alcoholism, and had begun working for the state in the field of construction. Patrick even attended school for two years. He had begun to heal mentally and physically, and was mostly happy. That is until his father's girlfriend was hit by a car during a February snowstorm.

Patrick's father did not take the death well, and quickly spiraled into being a manic depressive. He developed his old substance addiction, and soon pulled his son out of school. He then sold his house, and abandoned Caribou. He became abusive once more, and this caused his son to spiral back into his depression and psychosis, this time worse than before. The pair went to an abandoned house in the Berkshires, and spent a year living there. When Patrick was thirteen, his father broke into a house in Pittsfield for drug money, had an altercation, and killed the owner. He rushed home, locked his son in the cellar of the house, and simply left.

Patrick spent two weeks in the cellar, without food, the only water he had being that which he could collect. Totally deprived of stimuli, it was during this time that his cotard delusion developed fully, as he believed he had died. He totally and utterly convinced himself he was no longer living, and his other ailments fully came into fruition with that. The only reason he actually did survive is when the police found him while searching the house for his father who had become a homicide suspect.

Immediately, Patrick was whisked away and sent to Longden Memorial Hospital in Boston. He was, for a brief time, psychiatric dynamite. Researchers from across the US flocked to him, to see the affects of abuse on a child and in the development of the cotard delusion. Patrick did not respond well to researchers and was uncooperative, and so the interest was lost. Only a few dedicated psychologists remained. The first step was figuring out what had happened to him, which was difficult due to his inconsistent and very subjective story. It took months to accomplish that, and to fully diagnose him, which was followed by months of struggling with the question of how to treat him.

Anti-depressants seemed to make a profound impact on his delusion and associated psychosis, and combined with therapy, quick inroads were made into Patrick's healing process. He became the poster boy for the hospital's psych ward, and for a little while, doctors were confident he could make a full recovery. Until the quarantine.

Right when the quarantine was established, the hospital began running low on Patrick's anti-depressants, since he required a very specific and experimental variety. Forced to ration and space doses, he has slipped back into his cotard delusion. He does not eat, does not sleep, and transitions between thinking he is a ghost, thinking he is in Hell, and thinking he is in purgatory. In short, he's starting to believe he died back in that cellar once more. Only making things worse, three of his doctors abandoned post due to their independent affiliation, leaving one over-worked ward psychologist left to watch him and treat him. He's spiraling out of control.

12) Roleplaying Sample: We've RP'd together before.

13) Does the character have any family members?: Estranged father whose whereabouts are unknown, a sibling in a foster home in Connecticut, and a mother who is in prison for child abuse and infanticide.

14) Character Personality, and Religious beliefs: Patrick Winters is an enigma. His cotard delusion makes him believe he is in Hell, he is a ghost, or at least in purgatory, inconsistently depending upon his mood. This feeds into his other disorders, as he has a nihilist outlook and total apathy for both himself and others. Of course, he is also soul-crushingly depressed. He tends not to get close to others because of this, and due to his erratic behavior as well. When medicated, Patrick tends to be more tepid, and when on anti-depressants and other drugs the affects of his cotard delusion become lessened to the point he believes he is alive and that he does in fact exist as a human. He also become far more empathetic. Aside from all of this, Patrick is a mechanical yet intelligent individual, and is very analytical, which is part of why his psychologists have been debating whether this is due to diagnosed autism. As far as religious beliefs go, Patrick has none, since he believes he is dead, though his cotard delusion plays a bit into the Judeo-Christian outlook.

15)Appearance:
Last edited by Sanabel on Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:16 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:Is it okay if a Paramedic from the NHS came from England to assist at Longden Memorial?

I don't mind it having happened before the imposed national quarantine. Even though Britain did survive the pandemic it is rather hard to get an international flight these days.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:17 am

Benuty wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Is it okay if a Paramedic from the NHS came from England to assist at Longden Memorial?

I don't mind it having happened before the imposed national quarantine. Even though Britain did survive the pandemic it is rather hard to get an international flight these days.

Alright, I'll work that in. Thank you.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:19 am

RNT wrote:1) Nation Name: RNT

2) Characters Name: Thomas Steele

3) Characters Age (especially important if part of the elderly): 19

5) Character Rank (if in the military unit):N/A

6) Mental, Terminal, or Chronic Conditions (for patients only): n/a

7) What surgery will you be having (for patients only): n/a

8 ) Character racial, and ethnic group: White, German-American

10) Character position (Staff Only): EMT-I

11) Characters biography: Thomas is an EMT at a near by hospital who was transferring a patient and had to get some paperwork filled out when the quarantine started.

12) Roleplaying Sample (not too uptight about this one):

13) Does the character have any family members? (they will play a role in the IC): He has a mother and father who are outside of the hospital.

14) Character Personality, and Religious beliefs (will play important role in the IC): He is a rash headstrong boy with violent tendencies. He is a little bit of an wild card and is very impulsive. He is very respectful to the elderly however, and has a natural urge to help people. He is a good Christian.

Alright. You are accepted, and I will start putting posters on the roster soon.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:19 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Benuty wrote:I don't mind it having happened before the imposed national quarantine. Even though Britain did survive the pandemic it is rather hard to get an international flight these days.

Alright, I'll work that in. Thank you.

You are welcome.

RNT
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby RNT » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:27 am

Benuty wrote:
RNT wrote:1) Nation Name: RNT

2) Characters Name: Thomas Steele

3) Characters Age (especially important if part of the elderly): 19

5) Character Rank (if in the military unit):N/A

6) Mental, Terminal, or Chronic Conditions (for patients only): n/a

7) What surgery will you be having (for patients only): n/a

8 ) Character racial, and ethnic group: White, German-American

10) Character position (Staff Only): EMT-I

11) Characters biography: Thomas is an EMT at a near by hospital who was transferring a patient and had to get some paperwork filled out when the quarantine started.

12) Roleplaying Sample (not too uptight about this one):

13) Does the character have any family members? (they will play a role in the IC): He has a mother and father who are outside of the hospital.

14) Character Personality, and Religious beliefs (will play important role in the IC): He is a rash headstrong boy with violent tendencies. He is a little bit of an wild card and is very impulsive. He is very respectful to the elderly however, and has a natural urge to help people. He is a good Christian.

Alright. You are accepted, and I will start putting posters on the roster soon.

Okay thank you and I added some more background for you.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:32 am

Sanabel wrote:1) Nation Name: San

6) Mental, Terminal, or Chronic Conditions: Suffers from severe anxiety, insomnia, depression, is afflicted by the Cotard Delusion, and associated psychosis.

7) What surgery will you be having: None, unless they want to lobotomize him I guess.

Patrick O'Connor was born in a trailer park near Caribou, Maine, to a 16 year old mother who had been impregnated by an alcoholic logger. There he was raised, and abused, by both his father who would return on occasion, and his mother who developed an addiction to superscription medication. From birth he was not like most other children, but his psychologists have struggled to decide whether his psychosis and cotard delusion was present from birth, or was induced due to the abuse he faced. For misbehaving, he would spend hours on end in a box deprived from stimulation, or would face verbal and physical punishment. It is also believed that during this time he was sexually abused on more than a few instances by either his mother or one of her male friends. In short, he received heinous abuse and neglect for much of his youth, and experienced limited social interaction.

Until the age of eight, Patrick lived like this, with his younger brother Thomas, who was born by a different father. Somewhere in between that time, his mother also got pregnant again, but she stabbed it to death upon its birth, and left it in a dumpster. It was close to this time a concerned neighbor reported the abuse to the police, or rather, when she complained to them over the noise of children screaming. Patrick's mother was convicted, and the boys were both hospitalized. Being but a year old, Thomas Winters was sent to a foster home, and at the age of two was adopted. Patrick remained hospitalized until the age of nine, for treatment of depression and mild psychosis and health issues due to abuse, until his father reappeared on the scene.

That winter, he arrived at the hospital and won custody of Patrick. He brought him to his house in Caribou, where he lived with his girlfriend. At first, he was kind to Patrick. He had recovered from his alcoholism, and had begun working for the state in the field of construction. Patrick even attended school for two years. He had begun to heal mentally and physically, and was mostly happy. That is until his father's girlfriend was hit by a car during a February snowstorm.

Patrick's father did not take the death well, and quickly spiraled into being a manic depressive. He developed his old substance addiction, and soon pulled his son out of school. He then sold his house, and abandoned Caribou. He became abusive once more, and this caused his son to spiral back into his depression and psychosis, this time worse than before. The pair went to an abandoned house in the Berkshires, and spent a year living there. When Patrick was thirteen, his father broke into a house in Pittsfield for drug money, had an altercation, and killed the owner. He rushed home, locked his son in the cellar of the house, and simply left.

Patrick spent two weeks in the cellar, without food, the only water he had being that which he could collect. Totally deprived of stimuli, it was during this time that his cotard delusion developed fully, as he believed he had died. He totally and utterly convinced himself he was no longer living, and his other ailments fully came into fruition with that. The only reason he actually did survive is when the police found him while searching the house for his father who had become a homicide suspect.

Immediately, Patrick was whisked away and sent to Longden Memorial Hospital in Boston. He was, for a brief time, psychiatric dynamite. Researchers from across the US flocked to him, to see the affects of abuse on a child and in the development of the cotard delusion. Patrick did not respond well to researchers and was uncooperative, and so the interest was lost. Only a few dedicated psychologists remained. The first step was figuring out what had happened to him, which was difficult due to his inconsistent and very subjective story. It took months to accomplish that, and to fully diagnose him, which was followed by months of struggling with the question of how to treat him.

Anti-depressants seemed to make a profound impact on his delusion and associated psychosis, and combined with therapy, quick inroads were made into Patrick's healing process. He became the poster boy for the hospital's psych ward, and for a little while, doctors were confident he could make a full recovery. Until the quarantine.

Right when the quarantine was established, the hospital began running low on Patrick's anti-depressants, since he required a very specific and experimental variety. Forced to ration and space doses, he has slipped back into his cotard delusion. He does not eat, does not sleep, and transitions between thinking he is a ghost, thinking he is in Hell, and thinking he is in purgatory. In short, he's starting to believe he died back in that cellar once more. Only making things worse, three of his doctors abandoned post due to their independent affiliation, leaving one over-worked ward psychologist left to watch him and treat him. He's spiraling out of control.

13) Does the character have any family members?: Estranged father whose whereabouts are unknown, a sibling in a foster home in Connecticut, and a mother who is in prison for child abuse and infanticide.

14) Character Personality, and Religious beliefs: Patrick Winters is an enigma. His cotard delusion makes him believe he is in Hell, he is a ghost, or at least in purgatory, inconsistently depending upon his mood. This feeds into his other disorders, as he has a nihilist outlook and total apathy for both himself and others. Of course, he is also soul-crushingly depressed. He tends not to get close to others because of this, and due to his erratic behavior as well. When medicated, Patrick tends to be more tepid, and when on anti-depressants and other drugs the affects of his cotard delusion become lessened to the point he believes he is alive and that he does in fact exist as a human. He also become far more empathetic. Aside from all of this, Patrick is a mechanical yet intelligent individual, and is very analytical, which is part of why his psychologists have been debating whether this is due to diagnosed autism. As far as religious beliefs go, Patrick has none, since he believes he is dead, though his cotard delusion plays a bit into the Judeo-Christian outlook.

15)Appearance:

Definitely accepted.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:34 am

Benuty wrote:
Sanabel wrote:1) Nation Name: San

15)Appearance:

Definitely accepted.

Thank you. I look forward to getting started. If only Mr. Usari were here.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:49 am

And tagged for a military character. The rules say we can have two, right? Might go for a staff member as well.
Last edited by Kentucky Fried Land on Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:02 am

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:And tagged for a military character. The rules say we can have two, right? Might go for a staff member as well.

Hey, that's what I'm doing. Great minds think alike.

Nation Name: The Valyria Empire

Characters Name: Alfred Anderson

Characters Age (especially important if part of the elderly): 27

Character Sex: Male

Character Rank (if in the military unit):

Mental, Terminal, or Chronic Conditions (for patients only):

What surgery will you be having (for patients only):

Character racial, and ethnic group: Caucasian

Character nationality: English (British)

Character position (Staff Only): Paramedic (NHS)

Characters biography: Born in 1985 in Yorkshire, England, Alfred had a fairly comfortable childhood, living in the Technical middle class. He grew up with two other brothers, one younger and one older than him thus he was the middle child. His father being a fairly successful business man meant that his father was away from home quite often and thus he relied on his older brother or mother to guide him.

Eventually when Alfred was fourteen his younger brother and mother got into a horrendous car accident, his brother received several shards of glass into his left arm and lower abdomen while car shrapnel punctured his left lung. His mother's lumbar and sacral regions were completely broken. His brother would die en route to the hospital while his mother was restricted to a wheelchair for the rest of her life. This event is what made Alfred want to pursue a medical career, so that no one else has to feel the pain he felt from losing his brother.

Alfred went on to attend Imperial College London where he would graduate with a doctorate in paramedic science. After joining the NHS in 2008 he would begin working in a few hospitals in London for two years before officially becoming a Paramedic. After hearing about the outbreak in Japan and Asia, Alfred decided to transfer from England to the United States in hopes of assisting against the disease. It was one year after his move that the country went into national quartine.

Now working at Longden Memorial, Alfred continues to work as a night shift paramedic, hoping that this quarantine will eventually blow over.
Roleplaying Sample (not too uptight about this one): Game of Thrones, Godmarked, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Star Wars, Irdenvahl, Dawn of the Dragons

Does the character have any family members? (they will play a role in the IC):His mother (Clara, age 59), His father (Charles, 63), and his older brother (Robert "Bob", age 32)

Character Personality, and Religious beliefs (will play important role in the IC): Alfred is a firm believer in the Hippocratic Oath which he has a poster of in his apartment. Alfred still feels regret over the death of his brother and always tries to help children who are in need of medical help. Alfred was raised and continues to follow English Protestant. (Anglicanism)

Appereance: Ignore the shotgun, Different angle
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 am

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:And tagged for a military character. The rules say we can have two, right? Might go for a staff member as well.

Characters biography: Born in 1985 in Yorkshire, England, Alfred had a fairly comfortable childhood, living in the Technical middle class. He grew up with two other brothers, one younger and one older than him thus he was the middle child. His father being a fairly successful business man meant that his father was away from home quite often and thus he relied on his older brother or mother to guide him.

Eventually when Alfred was fourteen his younger brother and mother got into a horrendous car accident, his brother received several shards of glass into his left arm and lower abdomen while car shrapnel punctured his left lung. His mother's lumbar and sacral regions were completely broken. His brother would die en route to the hospital while his mother was restricted to a wheelchair for the rest of her life. This event is what made Alfred want to pursue a medical career, so that no one else has to feel the pain he felt from losing his brother.

Alfred went on to attend Imperial College London where he would graduate with a doctorate in paramedic science. After joining the NHS in 2008 he would begin working in a few hospitals in London for two years before officially becoming a Paramedic. After hearing about the outbreak in Japan and Asia, Alfred decided to transfer from England to the United States in hopes of assisting against the disease. It was one year after his move that the country went into national quartine.

Now working at Longden Memorial, Alfred continues to work as a night shift paramedic, hoping that this quarantine will eventually blow over.
Roleplaying Sample (not too uptight about this one): Game of Thrones, Godmarked, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Star Wars, Irdenvahl, Dawn of the Dragons

Does the character have any family members? (they will play a role in the IC):His mother (Clara, age 59), His father (Charles, 63), and his older brother (Robert "Bob", age 32)

Character Personality, and Religious beliefs (will play important role in the IC): Alfred is a firm believer in the Hippocratic Oath which he has a poster of in his apartment. Alfred still feels regret over the death of his brother and always tries to help children who are in need of medical help. Alfred was raised and continues to follow English Protestant. (Anglicanism)

You know it.

The Clockwork Cities
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Clockwork Cities » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:54 pm

1) Nation Name: The Clockwork Cities

2) Characters Name: Johnathon Armstrong

3) Characters Age (especially important if part of the elderly): 25

5) Character Rank (if in the military unit): N/A

6) Mental, Terminal, or Chronic Conditions (for patients only): N?A

7) What surgery will you be having (for patients only): N/A

8 ) Character racial, and ethnic group: White

9) Character nationality: British

10) Character position (Staff Only): Surgeon

11) Characters biography:
A transferred Surgeon from the United Kingdom, Johnathon Armstrong was hand picked to join the hospital following it's opening.

Born in the North East of England to a working class family, Johnathon Armstrong had as best of a life as his family could afford. Losing his father at the age of 13 due to lung cancer (as he was a heavy smoker) and his disabled mother couldn't work, he fell economically behind most of his class mates and began struggling. Forced to move out of his home and into a council house less than a year later he went to a worse school then where he used to be. At first he failed his GCSEs due to a lack of proper studying (due to assisting his Mother), he had to resit them and passed after a 3rd attempt.

His college life was a lot easier than expected, mainly due to the fact he managed to gain extra support for education and for his mother. He passed them, but shortly afterwards his Mother died after falling down the stairs in a public place. This was both a good and a bad thing for him, now he had more economic freedom but also lost a family member. With his money he went to medical school to study surgery and it was around this time did he meet his partner.

Following his graduation he went to the Royal Victoria Institute in Newcastle as his place of work and became well known as a surgeon within the hospital. A few years later he was sent to Boston to work in the newly opened Hospital. He had hoped to move his partner over but never got the chance due to the outbreak. He has managed to keep it calm so far, but he fears he may break as time goes on.

12) Roleplaying Sample (not too uptight about this one): It would take me far too long to find.

13) Does the character have any family members? (they will play a role in the IC): A unnamed male partner (presumed to be either husband or boyfriend) back in Britain.

14) Character Personality, and Religious beliefs (will play important role in the IC): He's seen normally as a calm, collected, rational thinker who's a bit of an oddball but is often seen as a bookworm as well. In terms of religious beliefs he shows signs of neo-pagan beliefs but when asked he often claims to be irreligious or agnostic

15) Appearance: Short brown hair, glasses, short in height (5 foot 4), pale yet simple complexion, and normally seen in his doctor's or surgeon's outfit.
"If those who seek to prevent out glorious quest mobilise, they will have to endure the trials we did! There sanity will break before they can harm us! Their blood will paint the white snow a crimson taint! We safe here! In this land, where tyrants cannot touch!" - The First Overseer

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:31 pm

Yes that is correct.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:32 pm

Accepted.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Hope these look good and lore-friendly. They were a little rushed, but I was getting tired of writing biographies and I'm little pressed for time.

1) Nation Name: Kentucky Fried Land

2) Characters Name: Graham Willoughby

3) Characters Age: 25

5) Character Rank: Private First Class

6) Character racial, and ethnic group: White

7) Character nationality: American

8 ) Character’s biography: Graham was born in Massachusetts, an only child. He was often spoiled by his parents, and lauded by classmates. He grew up with a desperate want of attention, which led to his try at policing. He found himself solving simple mysteries, like where his pencil had disappeared to. He thought the world revolved around him. In high school, he started partying, drinking and smoking. When he was seventeen was when he began to take long drags off cigarettes, before having never thought himself to be a smoker.

He wasn’t heavy or regular at first, but nicotine got to him eventually. He began shoplifting, but was stopped after a good push around from his friends, telling him to get his act together. He stayed clean for a while, but his parents soon grew more and more absent from his life. He got into a car crash while drunk one night, ruining his plans of joining the police academy. He was put into rehab for a while by his parents, sending them reeling into debt. They were cold with him for a while, but eventually they got over it.

The rehab helped Graham tremendously. He became a model student soon enough, and joined the military at a time of recruitment. He gained many friends, saw the world, but unfortunately, old habits die hard. At 24 he began smoking again, during the stressful times of the outbreak. His friends were fighting their own battles, and his parents had died from disease. He had no known relatives at this point, and the cigarettes more or less found him. It wasn’t like he hadn’t been looking for them, however. He was assigned to protect Boston, returning to his home state.

9) Roleplaying Sample: The ZONE, XCOM: United Front

10) Does the character have any family members?: None living.

11) Character Personality, and Religious beliefs: A prejudiced man who is trying his best to redeem himself. Graham is a heavy smoker, after a bout with peer pressure one night. He can be obsessive but is really just trying to help people. He is a Catholic, like his parents were. He often pushes friends away by his obsessive nature. Has always wanted to be a detective, but never found the time for it, instead playing out scenarios in his head of solving cases and sleuthing about. He has always enjoyed reading criminal files and watching documentaries on police work, but his criminal record (one instance of drunk driving) would have regulated him to rent-a-cop status. Graham also has a remorseful sense of entitlement. Graham also daydreams often. He has slight social awkwardness.

12) Character Appearance:

2) Characters Name: Clement Hale

3) Characters Age: 38

5) Character racial, and ethnic group: White

6) Character nationality: American

7) Character position: Psychiatrist

8 ) Character’s biography: Clement grew up in Kansas, with two rowdy brothers and another wild older sister. Him and his older brothers would often playfight, or just screw around with each other like siblings do. They lived in the country, so not many other kids lived nearby. His sister was a different story; she was always the most popular at school compared to her three brothers, and had a severe case of tomboy. Clement’s parents spanked their children if they were rowdy, but still loved them.

Clement’s sister began growing distant in high-school; compared to her happier brothers, she started going out a lot to sneak drugs. She was a bad driver, from what Clement’s trips in her car could tell him. Eventually, she ran over a child when she was seventeen and prosecuted. Clement went on to become a psychiatrist, his brothers doing their own things with their own families. Soon enough, Clement’s sister was released from jail.

He married at 29, never having wanted a kid. His sister started crashing at him and his wife’s place in Texas; before eventually, she went out and didn’t come back. Clement found her at the hospital, having overdosed on pills at a bar. She died right in front of him and his wife, and a wave of guilt swept over him when he realized he was glad her misery had ended. He became colder and threw himself into his work, before his wife got pregnant.

He stayed at home more often, finding a new reason to live. His marriage blossomed, and his loved his son. Eventually, he was assigned to Longden Memorial in Boston for only a month or two. He set out, promising his wife and child he would return soon enough. Not all things work out as planned, however…

9) Does the character have any family members?: Wife, who lives in Texas currently, six year old son who lives with wife. One of his brothers lives nearby in Texas, and his other brother lives in Kansas, taking over the house after his parents died.

10) Character Personality, and Religious beliefs: Always wanted to know more about the human psyche and solve other’s problems. He himself is somewhat of a cynic and is clinically depressed. Can sometimes have panic attacks, but has kept them to a minimum as of late. Is ambitious, and has big dreams of returning to his family again. Is very technologically-minded. He has problems staying loyal to any one person (not romantically.) Clement also has a fondness for children and the elderly, carrying an extreme amount of empathy for others. He is almost an atheist, but does believe somewhat in a higher power. Clement could be described by others as disconnected.

11) Character Appearance:
Last edited by Kentucky Fried Land on Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:02 pm

The Clockwork Cities wrote:1) Nation Name: The Clockwork Cities

2) Characters Name: Johnathon Armstrong

3) Characters Age (especially important if part of the elderly): 25

5) Character Rank (if in the military unit): N/A

6) Mental, Terminal, or Chronic Conditions (for patients only): N?A

7) What surgery will you be having (for patients only): N/A

8 ) Character racial, and ethnic group: White

9) Character nationality: British

10) Character position (Staff Only): Surgeon

11) Characters biography:
A transferred Surgeon from the United Kingdom, Johnathon Armstrong was hand picked to join the hospital following it's opening.

Born in the North East of England to a working class family, Johnathon Armstrong had as best of a life as his family could afford. Losing his father at the age of 13 due to lung cancer (as he was a heavy smoker) and his disabled mother couldn't work, he fell economically behind most of his class mates and began struggling. Forced to move out of his home and into a council house less than a year later he went to a worse school then where he used to be. At first he failed his GCSEs due to a lack of proper studying (due to assisting his Mother), he had to resit them and passed after a 3rd attempt.

His college life was a lot easier than expected, mainly due to the fact he managed to gain extra support for education and for his mother. He passed them, but shortly afterwards his Mother died after falling down the stairs in a public place. This was both a good and a bad thing for him, now he had more economic freedom but also lost a family member. With his money he went to medical school to study surgery and it was around this time did he meet his partner.

Following his graduation he went to the Royal Victoria Institute in Newcastle as his place of work and became well known as a surgeon within the hospital. A few years later he was sent to Boston to work in the newly opened Hospital. He had hoped to move his partner over but never got the chance due to the outbreak. He has managed to keep it calm so far, but he fears he may break as time goes on.

12) Roleplaying Sample (not too uptight about this one): It would take me far too long to find.

13) Does the character have any family members? (they will play a role in the IC): A unnamed male partner (presumed to be either husband or boyfriend) back in Britain.

14) Character Personality, and Religious beliefs (will play important role in the IC): He's seen normally as a calm, collected, rational thinker who's a bit of an oddball but is often seen as a bookworm as well. In terms of religious beliefs he shows signs of neo-pagan beliefs but when asked he often claims to be irreligious or agnostic

15) Appearance: Short brown hair, glasses, short in height (5 foot 4), pale yet simple complexion, and normally seen in his doctor's or surgeon's outfit.

Hmm...our first homosexual character. Things are going to be interesting if you are found out given the U.S, and its rather severe outlook on homosexuality. Accepted, and after a bit I will start putting accepted apps in the roster.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:15 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Hope these look good and lore-friendly. They were a little rushed, but I was getting tired of writing biographies and I'm little pressed for time.

2) Characters Name: Graham Willoughby

3) Characters Age: 25

5) Character Rank: Private First Class

6) Character racial, and ethnic group: White

7) Character nationality: American

8 ) Character’s biography: Graham was born in Massachusetts, an only child. He was often spoiled by his parents, and lauded by classmates. He grew up with a desperate want of attention, which led to his try at policing. He found himself solving simple mysteries, like where his pencil had disappeared to. He thought the world revolved around him. In high school, he started partying, drinking and smoking. When he was seventeen was when he began to take long drags off cigarettes, before having never thought himself to be a smoker.

He wasn’t heavy or regular at first, but nicotine got to him eventually. He began shoplifting, but was stopped after a good push around from his friends, telling him to get his act together. He stayed clean for a while, but his parents soon grew more and more absent from his life. He got into a car crash while drunk one night, ruining his plans of joining the police academy. He was put into rehab for a while by his parents, sending them reeling into debt. They were cold with him for a while, but eventually they got over it.

The rehab helped Graham tremendously. He became a model student soon enough, and joined the military at a time of recruitment. He gained many friends, saw the world, but unfortunately, old habits die hard. At 24 he began smoking again, during the stressful times of the outbreak. His friends were fighting their own battles, and his parents had died from disease. He had no known relatives at this point, and the cigarettes more or less found him. It wasn’t like he hadn’t been looking for them, however. He was assigned to protect Boston, returning to his home state.

9) Roleplaying Sample: The ZONE, XCOM: United Front

10) Does the character have any family members?: None living.

11) Character Personality, and Religious beliefs: A prejudiced man who is trying his best to redeem himself. Graham is a heavy smoker, after a bout with peer pressure one night. He can be obsessive but is really just trying to help people. He is a Catholic, like his parents were. He often pushes friends away by his obsessive nature. Has always wanted to be a detective, but never found the time for it, instead playing out scenarios in his head of solving cases and sleuthing about. He has always enjoyed reading criminal files and watching documentaries on police work, but his criminal record (one instance of drunk driving) would have regulated him to rent-a-cop status. Graham also has a remorseful sense of entitlement. Graham also daydreams often. He has slight social awkwardness.

12) Character Appearance:

2) Characters Name: Clement Hale

3) Characters Age: 38

5) Character racial, and ethnic group: White

6) Character nationality: American

7) Character position: Psychiatrist

8 ) Character’s biography: Clement grew up in Kansas, with two rowdy brothers and another wild older sister. Him and his older brothers would often playfight, or just screw around with each other like siblings do. They lived in the country, so not many other kids lived nearby. His sister was a different story; she was always the most popular at school compared to her three brothers, and had a severe case of tomboy. Clement’s parents spanked their children if they were rowdy, but still loved them.

Clement’s sister began growing distant in high-school; compared to her happier brothers, she started going out a lot to sneak drugs. She was a bad driver, from what Clement’s trips in her car could tell him. Eventually, she ran over a child when she was seventeen and prosecuted. Clement went on to become a psychiatrist, his brothers doing their own things with their own families. Soon enough, Clement’s sister was released from jail.

He married at 29, never having wanted a kid. His sister started crashing at him and his wife’s place in Texas; before eventually, she went out and didn’t come back. Clement found her at the hospital, having overdosed on pills at a bar. She died right in front of him and his wife, and a wave of guilt swept over him when he realized he was glad her misery had ended. He became colder and threw himself into his work, before his wife got pregnant.

He stayed at home more often, finding a new reason to live. His marriage blossomed, and his loved his son. Eventually, he was assigned to Longden Memorial in Boston for only a month or two. He set out, promising his wife and child he would return soon enough. Not all things work out as planned, however…

9) Does the character have any family members?: Wife, who lives in Texas currently, six year old son who lives with wife. One of his brothers lives nearby in Texas, and his other brother lives in Kansas, taking over the house after his parents died.

10) Character Personality, and Religious beliefs: Always wanted to know more about the human psyche and solve other’s problems. He himself is somewhat of a cynic and is clinically depressed. Can sometimes have panic attacks, but has kept them to a minimum as of late. Is ambitious, and has big dreams of returning to his family again. Is very technologically-minded. He has problems staying loyal to any one person (not romantically.) Clement also has a fondness for children and the elderly, carrying an extreme amount of empathy for others. He is almost an atheist, but does believe somewhat in a higher power. Clement could be described by others as disconnected.

11) Character Appearance:

Accepted.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse