NATION

PASSWORD

For Today there is no Tomorrow (OOC: Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

When do you think the story should move forward?

1) When you wrap up your own individual mini arcs so we can focus on the story in chapter one.
47%
2) Just move it ahead, and finish the stories in chapter one.
33%
2) Wait on as many people to post, and then move it forward.
20%
4) Forget about those who haven't posted, and just move it ahead.
No votes
5) Wait as long as possible, and move it ahead by force as a last result.
No votes

Total votes : 15

Altegonnia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Altegonnia » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:19 pm

Could I be the leader of the platoon? Aka a seargant first class?

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:20 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Benuty wrote:Well I suppose it wouldn't hurt, but the reasons for this platoon being sent to the hospital are still going to be secret.

Yeah, I was thinking that he would be just sent in to assist the platoon, nothing else. Just told to keep order.

Probably have him feel like his talent is being wasted or something.

Probably will be thankful once order starts to break down in Boston. Rather be stuck in one place than left to fare out in the madness of a plague ridden city.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:21 pm

Altegonnia wrote:Could I be the leader of the platoon? Aka a seargant first class?

I will allow it, but understandably being one of the leaders of a faction. I will have to hold you to higher standards. If anything comes up plot wise I suppose we can work things out over telegrams.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:23 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Benuty wrote:I take it your previous roleplay was pretty intense?

I generally enjoy RP's that don't require me having to post every couple hours as I have IRL things to attend to. That, and I've had bad experiences with RP's going so fast that I was kicked because I couldn't keep up (though said RP died within days if that counts as karma).

Well the first part of the IC isn't going to be high intensity (otherwise that would mess up the order).

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:24 pm

Benuty wrote:
Altegonnia wrote:Could I be the leader of the platoon? Aka a seargant first class?

I will allow it, but understandably being one of the leaders of a faction. I will have to hold you to higher standards. If anything comes up plot wise I suppose we can work things out over telegrams.

As someone who has RPed with Altegonnia many times I can vouch for his RP quality.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:25 pm

Benuty wrote:I will allow it, but understandably being one of the leaders of a faction. I will have to hold you to higher standards. If anything comes up plot wise I suppose we can work things out over telegrams.

As someone who has RPed with Altegonnia many times I can vouch for his RP quality.

I will hold you to that then.

Altegonnia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altegonnia » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:25 pm

Benuty wrote:

I fully understand and am willing to be held to a higher standard. I am on NS most of the day every day and will be able to respond to your TGs quickly

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:35 pm

I suppose the IC for now will go as follows.

1) Prologue:

The hospital, and the city of Boston are unaware thanks to the media blackout of just how bad the extent of the "Japanese Flu" pandemic is. Life despite the shortages, the rationing, and the near state of martial law go on to some sense of normalcy. Someone unknowingly infected begins to experience fatal symptoms, and thus collapses in public from the fever. Unknown to those trying to revive said person they are inhaling the plague, and thus becoming infected.

I will post the journeys of the person dying of the plague, and those recently infected showing the spread in Boston. Once Bostons patient zero dies the military will be called in once cases begin to be confirmed. Longden Memorial gearing up for the annual family day will receive a rather unwelcoming surprise as vehicles roll up to the complex with people in hazmat suits.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:45 pm

1) Nation Name: Warg the Immortal

2) Characters Name: William "Liam" Gaunt

3) Characters Age (especially important if part of the elderly): 27

4) Character Sex: Male

5) Character Rank (if in the military unit): Sergeant

6) Mental, Terminal, or Chronic Conditions (for patients only): N/A

7) What surgery will you be having (for patients only): N/A

8 ) Character racial, and ethnic group: Caucasian

9) Character nationality: American

10) Character position (Staff Only): N/A

11) Characters biography: Liam was born and raised in Worcester, Massachusetts. He came from a middle class home, his father was a lawyer at a small firm. His mother was a homemaker. Liam had a good childhood. He participated in sports but had few friends, preferring to keep to himself. Eventually Liam and his sister's world was shattered when their parents were killed by a drunk driver on their way home from the cinema one evening. Joy was young enough for her to move past it easily, but Liam did not, becoming reclusive. Liam and Joy were sent to live with their cousin, Megan, who was still in university and had lost both of her parents as well. Liam quit school as early as possible and worked odd-jobs to support the family, until eventually he became old enough to serve in the National Guard, he sends almost all his pay check home to pay for his sister's schooling. He hoped to be stationed close enough to visit his sister and cousin, and was lucky enough to be stationed in Boston.

12) Roleplaying Sample: A Feast for Crows

13) Does the character have any family members?:
-Joy Gaunt (17; Sister; currently in Worcester)
-Megan Gaunt (34; Cousin; currently in Worcester)

14) Character Personality, and Religious beliefs: Liam is a stoic and reclusive man, and finds little enjoyment in life save for in seeing his little sister happy. In his spare time he reads or plays card games, and always has a deck with him. He smokes and chews tobacco recreationally, but usually only when he drinks. Liam was raised Roman Catholic by his parents, but became disillusioned with the faith following the death of his parents.

15) Appearance:
In Suit
Out of Suit
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:47 pm

I thought platoons are led by 2nd Lieutenants generally? and Sergeant First Class' were Platoon Sergeants while the LT's were Platoon Leaders?

I may be wrong though, just thought I'd add my two cents
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:10 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:

I thought platoons are led by 2nd Lieutenants generally? and Sergeant First Class' were Platoon Sergeants while the LT's were Platoon Leaders?

You're correct. My army character will be a master sergeant but joined the 75th Ranger Regiment, thus making him special forces.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:16 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:I thought platoons are led by 2nd Lieutenants generally? and Sergeant First Class' were Platoon Sergeants while the LT's were Platoon Leaders?

You're correct. My army character will be a master sergeant but joined the 75th Ranger Regiment, thus making him special forces.

Btw, how large is this platoon? To my knowledge they can range from 15-45. Is this one in the higher or lower end of that spectrum?
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:17 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:You're correct. My army character will be a master sergeant but joined the 75th Ranger Regiment, thus making him special forces.

Btw, how large is this platoon? To my knowledge they can range from 15-45. Is this one in the higher or lower end of that spectrum?

I would rather it be about 15 since the military is already stretched thin as it is.

Altegonnia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altegonnia » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:20 pm

1) Nation Name: Altegonnia

2) Characters Name: Jackson Lambert

3) Characters Age (especially important if part of the elderly):29

4) Character Sex:male

5) Character Rank (if in the military unit):First lieutenant

6) Mental, Terminal, or Chronic Conditions (for patients only):NA

7) What surgery will you be having (for patients only):NA

8 ) Character racial, and ethnic group: White as the snow.

10) Character position (Staff Only): NA

11) Characters biography: Jackson Lambert was born in Massachusetts to a military family, his father being a master seargant in the air force. His childhood was quite average but in high school was noted for being a star athlete on the football team. However instead of going on in his promising future as an athletes, he followed in his family's footsteps by joining the national guard and going to a local university to commit an ROTC program. When not under training he worked at his now retired father's car repair shop. However after several uneverntful years of service and two tours in Afghanistan where he sustained his current scars from an IED explosion, he earned the rank of First lieutenant which was supposed to only be a stepping stone in his career. However things started to go downhill recently when he got activated by the Guard and him and his platoon have been ordered to deploy and defend a hospital in Boston. Whatever the reason for this, he lacked a high enough security clearance designation to know. But he knew his orders, deploy the hospital, keep the peace. One thing he did know was that they were being sent in with anti-biological equipment meant for disasters. He assumed it was meant to be a precautionary step due to the recent reports of disease in the city. All Jackson wants is to keep his boys alive and get them home to their families safe and sound. As of right now he has no reason to think he can't. Just another in the Army.
12) Roleplaying Sample (not too uptight about this one):

13) Does the character have any family members? (they will play a role in the IC): father: Hank Lambert(67
Mother: Maria Lambert (65)
Brother: Jimmy Lambert (33)
Dog: Rascal (German Shepard, 7 years old)

14) Character Personality, and Religious beliefs (will play important role in the IC): Jackson is off duty a carefree and sociable person. He prefers bars and concerts for social interaction. However on duty as a man from long line of military personelle, he takes it seriously. He does his job the way it's ordered and follows procedure and chain of command like a bible. Jackson is an atheist however this holds absolutely zero influence over his interaction with religous people. He neither flaunts his stance nor eagerly seeks debate on the issue.
In gear
out of gear

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:27 pm

Altegonnia wrote:1) Nation Name: Altegonnia

11) Characters biography: Jackson Lambert was born in Massachusetts to a military family, his father being a master seargant in the air force. His childhood was quite average but in high school was noted for being a star athlete on the football team. However instead of going on in his promising future as an athletes, he followed in his family's footsteps by joining the national guard and going to a local university to commit an ROTC program. When not under training he worked at his now retired father's car repair shop. However after several uneverntful years of service and two tours in Afghanistan where he sustained his current scars from an IED explosion, he earned the rank of First lieutenant which was supposed to only be a stepping stone in his career. However things started to go downhill recently when he got activated by the Guard and him and his platoon have been ordered to deploy and defend a hospital in Boston. Whatever the reason for this, he lacked a high enough security clearance designation to know. But he knew his orders, deploy the hospital, keep the peace. One thing he did know was that they were being sent in with anti-biological equipment meant for disasters. He assumed it was meant to be a precautionary step due to the recent reports of disease in the city. All Jackson wants is to keep his boys alive and get them home to their families safe and sound. As of right now he has no reason to think he can't. Just another in the Army.

13) Does the character have any family members? (they will play a role in the IC): father: Hank Lambert(67

14) Character Personality, and Religious beliefs (will play important role in the IC): Jackson is off duty a carefree and sociable person. He prefers bars and concerts for social interaction. However on duty as a man from long line of military personelle, he takes it seriously. He does his job the way it's ordered and follows procedure and chain of command like a bible. Jackson is an atheist however this holds absolutely zero influence over his interaction with religous people. He neither flaunts his stance nor eagerly seeks debate on the issue.
In gear
out of gear

Good. This makes you number 10, and also another atheist. This means tension points are going to be even better.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:32 pm

Will start working on the IC. Now that I have free time tomorrow.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:32 pm

Was my app rejected?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:32 pm

Benuty wrote:...

As someone who likes organization I have a suggestion for the Roster. Would it perhaps be more convenient to organize each person into their respective category (Staff, Patient, Military, etc.) so that, at a quick glance, you could tell who's who? It's not a major turn off but just an idea.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:34 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:Was my app rejected?

Forgive me. I will look back over it. I am on my phone so that complicates things.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:35 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:1) Nation Name: Warg the Immortal

2) Characters Name: William "Liam" Gaunt

3) Characters Age (especially important if part of the elderly): 27

5) Character Rank (if in the military unit): Sergeant

8 ) Character racial, and ethnic group: Caucasian

11) Characters biography: Liam was born and raised in Worcester, Massachusetts. He came from a middle class home, his father was a lawyer at a small firm. His mother was a homemaker. Liam had a good childhood. He participated in sports but had few friends, preferring to keep to himself. Eventually Liam and his sister's world was shattered when their parents were killed by a drunk driver on their way home from the cinema one evening. Joy was young enough for her to move past it easily, but Liam did not, becoming reclusive. Liam and Joy were sent to live with their cousin, Megan, who was still in university and had lost both of her parents as well. Liam quit school as early as possible and worked odd-jobs to support the family, until eventually he became old enough to serve in the National Guard, he sends almost all his pay check home to pay for his sister's schooling. He hoped to be stationed close enough to visit his sister and cousin, and was lucky enough to be stationed in Boston.

12) Roleplaying Sample: A Feast for Crows

13) Does the character have any family members?:
-Joy Gaunt (17; Sister; currently in Worcester)
-Megan Gaunt (34; Cousin; currently in Worcester)

14) Character Personality, and Religious beliefs: Liam is a stoic and reclusive man, and finds little enjoyment in life save for in seeing his little sister happy. In his spare time he reads or plays card games, and always has a deck with him. He smokes and chews tobacco recreationally, but usually only when he drinks. Liam was raised Roman Catholic by his parents, but became disillusioned with the faith following the death of his parents.

15) Appearance:
In Suit
Out of Suit

Accepted.

Welcome number 11.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:36 pm

Benuty wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Was my app rejected?

Forgive me. I will look back over it. I am on my phone so that complicates things.

Np whenever you get around to it, just wanted to make sure it wasn't because something on my app was wrong

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:36 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Benuty wrote:...

As someone who likes organization I have a suggestion for the Roster. Would it perhaps be more convenient to organize each person into their respective category (Staff, Patient, Military, etc.) so that, at a quick glance, you could tell who's who? It's not a major turn off but just an idea.

You are right, but being on my phone that will be a hassle.

I will have to wait till the morning to do this.

Altegonnia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altegonnia » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:39 pm

Benuty wrote:
Altegonnia wrote:1) Nation Name: Altegonnia

In gear
out of gear

Good. This makes you number 10, and also another atheist. This means tension points are going to be even better.
my character as platoon leader will hopefully be able to talk down points of tension. My orders are to keep well order so Ill hopefully have my men use restraint force diplomatic solutions. Lambert doesn't want to create conflict where he can avoid it. But worst comes to worst he will maintain order even if that require an action he finds outright deplorable. One his faults for such an RP as this is that has a humanistic sense of morals

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:42 pm

Benuty wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:As someone who likes organization I have a suggestion for the Roster. Would it perhaps be more convenient to organize each person into their respective category (Staff, Patient, Military, etc.) so that, at a quick glance, you could tell who's who? It's not a major turn off but just an idea.

You are right, but being on my phone that will be a hassle.

I will have to wait till the morning to do this.

No need to rush. Do so at your own connivence.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:36 pm

Second character
1) Nation Name: The Valyria Empire

2) Characters Name: John Adams

3) Characters Age (especially important if part of the elderly): 34

5) Character Rank (if in the military unit): Master Sergeant (United States Army Rangers)

8 ) Character racial, and ethnic group: Caucasian, born in Pennslyavia

11) Characters biography: John Adams was born in Boulder, Colorado. John Adams lived a standard childhood, however his father was apart of Operation Desert Storm thus was unable to see his son. John grew up having a great respect for his father knowing that he was fighting for his country.

Thus the moment John graduated from high school he enlisted in the army. John decided he would join the army in junior high thus started preparing since his freshman year of high school. So he had an easier time getting through enlistment and training. Eventually he went on to serve in the 28th infantry division where he would serve until reaching the rank of master sergeant. After distinguishing himself in combat a recruiter from the United States Army Rangers asked him to join, and after passing the requirements, officially became a Ranger.

John was actually stationed in Japan for a few years before being recalled once the Japanese Flue struck. Thus he was sent on leave in Massachusetts. It was there that he picked up his sculpting hobby and met his current girlfriend Lucy. However, he was called in by his higher ups suddenly. They didn't say why, but he is to assist a platoon from the 26th Infantry Division which is being sent to a nearby hospital.

John thinks this is just a bunch of hogwash, who wishes he was back in service. However, things don't always seem as they appear. Which John will learn the hard way.

12) Roleplaying Sample (not too uptight about this one): See first app.

13) Does the character have any family members? (they will play a role in the IC): His mother and father are in Colorado while his girlfriend Lucy lives in Boston.

14) Character Personality, and Religious beliefs (will play important role in the IC)John is cold and patient. He prefers to get the job done and make sure it's done correctly. You could say he's a perfectionist while he's on duty. Off duty John loves to spend his time reading, he also spends his free time sculpting which is how he met his girlfriend. John is an agnostic atheist, as he believes having a religion takes time away from his service.

15) Equipment:
  • Heckler & Koch MP5 1x
  • IMI Desert Eagle 1x
  • Flash-bangs 1x
  • Teargas Grenade 1x
  • Frag grenades 2x
  • Six 9mm Magazines (including one in the clip)
  • Two .357 Magazines (including one in the clip)
  • Gear shown in picture such as gas mask, vest, etc.

Appereance:

Off Duty
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse