NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us: City of the Gods (IC|Superhero|Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:54 pm

Whalestron wrote:Octavian started patting around his belt, looking for a police radio, or one on its frequency at least. He knew he had one, not exactly one that was stolen, just your average walkie-talkie. He turned it on, sure enough it was on the right frequency. Immediately, there was chatter speaking about something that crashed. Followed were several phrases, mostly using police code, that would probably be easy for Alice to decipher.

"Sounds like something's happening.. I'll head over there, think you can get there quickly?" He turned to Alice, a slightly grave look on his face. He hadn't expected anything serious to actually take place that night, and something that sounded pretty serious. Octavian put on his mask, bid Alice farewell, then with a two fingered salute, took off running down the road.

Alice shrugged, "Well getting home might take a little while but I can get anywhere pretty quickly from there - I can fly. I'll see you there." she said, then jumped off the rooftop, dropping like a stone. She started decelerating about 6 feet from the ground, quickly enough that her actual landing looked as controlled as it would have had she taken a short step down.

Whalestron wrote:He arrived above the scene, sticking to the lower part of the roof. He peered over, staring down at the crater. Then he saw the Knights, one of them moving over to investigate. He fumbled for his phone, dialing Alice's number. She'd need to be alerted about the situation.

It took a little while for Alice to pick up, "Hello." she said eventually, sounding a little breathless, "I'm sitting in a tree just off the fairway of some golf course. Should be oh... a minute or so away from where you are. What's going on?"

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:It took a little while for Alice to pick up, "Hello." she said eventually, sounding a little breathless, "I'm sitting in a tree just off the fairway of some golf course. Should be oh... a minute or so away from where you are. What's going on?"

"That group of super powered people, the Knights I think? They're here, checking the scene out. Think you're still up to this?" He asked, chancing another peek over the side of the building. It looked like they had everything under control, but how was Octavian to know that? Things could change quickly, especially when some object crashed in the middle of the city.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:31 pm

"That was a Ghostwalk," NUMB explained as Andrew carried him around. "A metaphysical rearrangement using sects of the All in One your race doesn't have access to. It is only uncomfortable the first time."

As Andrew set him down pinkish red ooze and white mold began quickly reaching out from the contain in grasping tentacles to grab onto the mangled corpse on the women. A hollow voice gurgled from the canister as his fungoid growth began burrowing into the remains skin in a most unpleasant manner. "The body actually helps. The mycological mass I exude is a super-computer bound together with complex electrical impulses. However, while it is a powerful system it requires biological matter to run it's 'program.' Like a thumb drive needs a computer."

NUMB kicked hard sending the door skidding away as she stepped out the vehicles. The woman's corpse was no longer visible in the red mass, only waving fibers, mushroom heads, and slime molds. "We must attract humans. Go door to door and send them over there," he said pointing down the street away from the crater. "I will wander the street and gather any stragglers. In ten minutes I'll teleport a group out, and then we'll check in with Calamity."

Calamity stepped over the lip of the crater and began sliding down the edge to take a closer look at the object. As soon as she set foot inside the heat was palpable, it felt as though she was stepping into a raging kiln and she felt the Hue in her veins shudder slightly. "You're right," she said to Galahad "The crater does seem small. But the thing wasn't supposed to crash in the first place; maybe it possesses some movement capabilities? Perhaps it tried to slow it's fall or employ some landing gear."

It was a stretch, but it was the only thing she could think up as she ran her hands over the ground and poked at the dirt in the surrounding crash site. Her HUD, lite up as she did so scanning for micro-organisms and other potential dangers from space that would be untraceable. That was how she had acquired this curse in the first place, and she was in no hurry to learn if more Hues existed. "Their doesn't appear to be any obvious biological or chemical hazards besides a high level of Acetone and Gasoline. It looks like this dirt is just choke full of the stuff."

She held her hand up scanning the blob and frowned, then she did it again, and a look of confusion appear on her face. "This thing is registering as pure Komatiite, its volcanic rock, but there are trace amounts of something else, maybe a microbe or nanotechnology?"

Suddenly a shape shot out of the black blob of hot rock and Calamity flinched back raising her open palms defensively. As the black substance dripped off the shape was revealed to be a hand coated in shining glass like black plates. It was covered in four symmetrical fingers and a pair of thumbs, one sticking out from each side of the palm.

-----Issue 2: Contact-----

Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Talion Union
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:40 pm

Jennifer sat at her computer, laughing as various intersections around the city ground to a halt, the lights never changing from red. Without any warning, the door to her apartment flew off its hinges in two pieces, which smashed into the opposite wall with a loud bang. In her panic, Jenny toppled over, taking her chair with her, leaving her heap on the floor. Her head whipped back to see the intruder. His arms were as black as his shirt, but it looked like he had the sleeves rolled up. She would've tried to figure it out were it not for the pair of guns trained on her. "What the hell...?" He let out, seeming confused. He lowered his guns long enough for Jenny to scramble onto her hands and feet and scramble for the window, fumbling it open and crawling out into the open air. The intruder grabbed hold of her ankle, his touch like cold steel. The sensation caused the young girl to yell out in surprise, only to be painfully dragged back inside. Laying on the floor, she rolled over to see a gun barrel inches from her face. "You're the 'elite hacker' everyone's pissed at?" Jennifer said nothing, chest still heaving, until a small bit of gun waving motivated her to nod her head. The intruder seemed angry, but it didn't seem like it was directed at her. A few curses later, the man squatted down over her. "It must be your lucky day, girl. I don't do women, and I certainly don't do kids. Not everyone in this line of work is nearly that discerning with their jobs." He stood back up, sliding his guns back into their holsters. "Unfortunately, that doesn't mean someone else still won't hunt you down. And it certainly doesn't mean those animals will make it quick, either." He seemed to be lost in thought for a moment, before drawing his gun again, letting off a shot before the young girl could even shout in surprise, leaving a trio of fresh holes in the wall. "There, you're dead." "W-wha...?" She said, more confused than ever. "No time for that, grab your shit. It's time to leave; you aren't coming back."
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:24 am

Primordial Luxa wrote:Calamity stepped over the lip of the crater and began sliding down the edge to take a closer look at the object. As soon as she set foot inside the heat was palpable, it felt as though she was stepping into a raging kiln and she felt the Hue in her veins shudder slightly. "You're right," she said to Galahad "The crater does seem small. But the thing wasn't supposed to crash in the first place; maybe it possesses some movement capabilities? Perhaps it tried to slow it's fall or employ some landing gear."

It was a stretch, but it was the only thing she could think up as she ran her hands over the ground and poked at the dirt in the surrounding crash site. Her HUD, lite up as she did so scanning for micro-organisms and other potential dangers from space that would be untraceable. That was how she had acquired this curse in the first place, and she was in no hurry to learn if more Hues existed. "Their doesn't appear to be any obvious biological or chemical hazards besides a high level of Acetone and Gasoline. It looks like this dirt is just choke full of the stuff."

She held her hand up scanning the blob and frowned, then she did it again, and a look of confusion appear on her face. "This thing is registering as pure Komatiite, its volcanic rock, but there are trace amounts of something else, maybe a microbe or nanotechnology?"

Suddenly a shape shot out of the black blob of hot rock and Calamity flinched back raising her open palms defensively. As the black substance dripped off the shape was revealed to be a hand coated in shining glass like black plates. It was covered in four symmetrical fingers and a pair of thumbs, one sticking out from each side of the palm.

-----Issue 2: Contact-----

As Calamity noted what composed the whole stuff, Johanna raised an eyebrow.
She wasn't too versed in Biology and Earth Science, but if a life form embedded itself into a volcanic rock and seethed out a low level radiation plus Gasoline and Acetone...

Well she was damn near sure it was an alien, even if she first didn't believe it.
Her reasoning was far fetched, but even if it had been wrong, the universe seemed to prove her right in some sense by making her conclusion very much true.

Stepping back slightly, the Knight had her hands aiming for the ground, ready to create as many weapons as possible, in the case of an attack of course.

"Well... I guess that does tell what the hell was in that stone. Since you guys are the Knights of America... You do know a lot of people even outside this planet right?
Mind telling me what the hell is up with this one? Because that's one symmetrical alien we got here."

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:09 pm

Whalestron wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:It took a little while for Alice to pick up, "Hello." she said eventually, sounding a little breathless, "I'm sitting in a tree just off the fairway of some golf course. Should be oh... a minute or so away from where you are. What's going on?"

"That group of super powered people, the Knights I think? They're here, checking the scene out. Think you're still up to this?" He asked, chancing another peek over the side of the building. It looked like they had everything under control, but how was Octavian to know that? Things could change quickly, especially when some object crashed in the middle of the city.

"Of course... can you see what they're up to? Hmmm... also, can you see somewhere I can approach from without drawing attention to myself?" Alice asked, "I don't imagine we'd fare too well against the city's number one super-team if they decide they're spoiling for a fight."

Alice could get to Octavian very quickly but in doing so would run the very real risk of dropping down in the wrong area and getting apprehended by the super-team. She did not want to explain why she had appeared in a crime scene wearing a hoodie and a balaclava and she certainly didn't want to have to explain the fact that she could fly. That would get awkward and might well end up with her in a prison cell which would be a notably bad career move.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:22 pm

"Yeah, they're checking it out.. Looks like it just lashed out at one of them- by it I mean some.. Blob? Anyway, they're a bit busy to notice anything." He had been looking over the edge, mask idly pointing random information out. Most of it was unimportant, at least for the moment.

Octavian spoke again, "Lemme check. Might be some opening for you.. Police and other authorities are everywhere, though.." He scanned the scene, looking over the chaos for a safe spot Alice could get to. His eyes paused at a stopped bus, blocking an alley from view as it had swerved to avoid the fallen object. He looked around it, noting that most of the officials were only occasionally looking past the people they were holding back, leaving some time for Alice to get to his side quickly.

"Alright, you've got a chance here.. Bus on one side of the building opposite me, it's blocking the view of the alley. There's a billboard for makeup on one of the buildings, from the looks of it. I'm close to the scene, same as the alley, so if you want to approach from behind?" He asked.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:22 pm

The hand continued to grasp at the air as an arm followed it out of the blob. Then a torso, a leg, another arm until finally, an entire body was standing in front of Gallahad and Calamity. At first glance, the figure appeared to be a humanoid female. But a second glance disintegrated that idea. Her limbs and joints didn’t match human anthropomorphic physiology in the slightest. Extra bones that swiveled in odd ways as it moved and a highly unusual gait set it apart.

The creature was covered in a shiny black substance, or perhaps it was made of the stuff. It was dark and smooth like glass or an inactive electronics screen. Each limb was long but was covered in thick, taut muscles that radiated strength. Its face was a smooth round helmet with a series of purple lines in the shape of a ring. The figure staggered for a moment swaying and trying to steady itself. It seemed afraid that it might jump or float based on the way it anchored itself.

“I know several extraterrestrials, but nothing like this,” Calamity said keeping her eyes on the creature. She stepped forward and relaxed slightly. Her raised hands turning from a fighting stance to one that showed she wasn’t holding any weapons.

“Hello?” She felt stupid just trying to talk to the creature “My name is Calamity Rose, I am a human, this is earth, can you understand me.”

She was about to lean down and begin drawing astrological symbols in the dirt when the creature focused on her. Its head swiveled and suddenly Calamites head was full of thoughts and sounds that didn’t register with any language or method of communication she had ever know.

The thing was a female; she just knew that. It was a leader, a soldier, and it had no mission. It was dangerous, it was cold, and it was terrified. It was running; it had been attacked, it wouldn't stand for that.

Calamity received all that in an instant before the same sensation flooded Gallahad. As the sense impacts appeared the creatures black body shifted. The substance around both her hands turned, she balled up one hand and smashed it hard into the other causing the armor around her to begin flowing and shifting. In less than a second, a large protruding barrel had started to form swelling and pulsing as the black substance expanded and began to flow with purple intensity.

To the human mind, it registered immediately as a weapon.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:28 am

New York City
NYC City Hall
The Mayor's Office
The Scarlet Baroness

Antonia's laugh sounded through the office, pure and full of joy. This mayor wanted things to go the hard way? Sure thing! She would arrange for something to happen later along the way of this cooperation. She herself had learned that one did not toy with the SS. And when she had him in her tight grip, she would make sure to make him spill all his secrets very quickly.

"Ahahaha, you are a funny man Mr. Mayor. I m sure the brownshirts would like you to tell them this right into their stupid faces. But let's get serious,"

Her face lost it's gleeful expression and became cold and alert.

"you do know that you are entering dangerous territory with this? The Nazis are no angels, as they have proven time and time again. They are quite ruthless with their tactics and strategies. What do you think, how much a life is worth to them? Or your life?"

She shrugged.

"Even nations are nothing to them. They were close to dragging the world into eternal damnation in 1945 and even though all this time has passed, their plans have lost nothing of their initial scale."

With a simple gesture of her hand she materialized a blood red image of the earth hovering above her fingers. Suddenly holes were opening all over that bloody earth untill it resembled more of a blood red swiss cheese. And out of these holes fountains of blood sprouted out, covering the landmasses under seas of blood untill finally, when the globe was barely still recognizable as earth, it broke apart and vanished back into her hand.

"I wonder how high the death toll of a third world war would be. It's not that I long for another world war but every war has high amounts of death and insanely high amounts of blood spilled to nurture my insatiable hunger for it atleast for a while. Speaking of which Mr. Mayer, you and your bodyguard sure look tasty."

She licked her lips revealing her fangs which seemed to have grown a little.

"You better hurry up and tell me your terms before I loose my patience and turn this room into a slaughterhouse. I will not guarantee that the SS will accept, but rest assured, you will get to feel their answer, whatever one it might be."
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:46 am

Primordial Luxa wrote:The hand continued to grasp at the air as an arm followed it out of the blob. Then a torso, a leg, another arm until finally, an entire body was standing in front of Gallahad and Calamity. At first glance, the figure appeared to be a humanoid female. But a second glance disintegrated that idea. Her limbs and joints didn’t match human anthropomorphic physiology in the slightest. Extra bones that swiveled in odd ways as it moved and a highly unusual gait set it apart.

The creature was covered in a shiny black substance, or perhaps it was made of the stuff. It was dark and smooth like glass or an inactive electronics screen. Each limb was long but was covered in thick, taut muscles that radiated strength. Its face was a smooth round helmet with a series of purple lines in the shape of a ring. The figure staggered for a moment swaying and trying to steady itself. It seemed afraid that it might jump or float based on the way it anchored itself.

“I know several extraterrestrials, but nothing like this,” Calamity said keeping her eyes on the creature. She stepped forward and relaxed slightly. Her raised hands turning from a fighting stance to one that showed she wasn’t holding any weapons.

“Hello?” She felt stupid just trying to talk to the creature “My name is Calamity Rose, I am a human, this is earth, can you understand me.”

She was about to lean down and begin drawing astrological symbols in the dirt when the creature focused on her. Its head swiveled and suddenly Calamites head was full of thoughts and sounds that didn’t register with any language or method of communication she had ever know.

The thing was a female; she just knew that. It was a leader, a soldier, and it had no mission. It was dangerous, it was cold, and it was terrified. It was running; it had been attacked, it wouldn't stand for that.

Calamity received all that in an instant before the same sensation flooded Gallahad. As the sense impacts appeared the creatures black body shifted. The substance around both her hands turned, she balled up one hand and smashed it hard into the other causing the armor around her to begin flowing and shifting. In less than a second, a large protruding barrel had started to form swelling and pulsing as the black substance expanded and began to flow with purple intensity.

To the human mind, it registered immediately as a weapon.

As Calamity attempted to make contact with the alien, Galahad on her part started creating some shields out of concrete and stone and made them progressively float around her, with about five shields being made in the small time window that Calamity had managed to get before getting flooded with information just as well.

The information that she needed to process was big, but fortunately, she wasn't stupid, nor was she any kind of dim. As such, when the shields dropped due to lack of concentration, she gauged the situation in less than a second. Even if running away from a fight wasn't in her code, this wasn't going to be a fight from the looks of it.
It was going to be a bloody massacre.

"Alright... So we've got one of two options. One, we run away and try to work a plan, two, we stay and get killed due to lack of reinforcements and lack of planning.
Frankly, I think the first option is the best one here." In a span of a second, she punched the ground, immediately afterwards, dozens of pillars made of concrete, stone and metal surrounded the alien.
Those weren't weapons. Those were meant for an arena, there was no way to control such huge pillars to move forward and crush, but it would give enough of an obstacle against the enemy.

If anything, she could probably try to compress her with something else... But right now wasn't the time to think.
Right after that, she dove to cover and created a hybrid flame/stone sword, which basically looked a lot like a lava sword.

'I'll save the others as much as I can. I can't afford to fail.'

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:32 pm

Long Island
“My allies are nearby,” she said reaching out and letting the Hue feed. “They can help, and the government has a team on its way.”

The Hue ravenously devoured everything Calamity would let it. First were the grass and plant life which quickly swelled with loathsome cancerous strength before collapsing into beautiful gray, brittle dust. As the Hue fed the color grew in intensity and suddenly the unknown color began to glow all around Calamity like a halo of strange light.

However the Hue was soon overshadowed by the massive beam which cut through Gallahads clever defense. A trail of hot light, bright as the sun sliced through the pillars causing several of them to fall forwards as the creature stepped out of it’s would be container. The beam continued however barely missing Calamity and Galahad but cutting through the crater wall. It ran 10 miles through the ground hitting numerous basements and gas mains along the way the before hitting the ocean. Three massive plumes of fire detonated across Long Island and a dozen houses caught fire with that single blast. Not much of it could be seen from where Gallahad and Calamity were standing but they sure could hear it.

“We need to contain it, or it’s going to go on a rampage,” she said arguing to Gallahad, she then spoke into her comms. “NUMB, Get to me now.”

As Calamity gave orders the weapon, the creature was holding shifted. Gone was the single large barrel created by both of it’s hand. Know each of its twelve fingers was turning into some kind of tube weapon. Calamity saw what was going on and lunged forward her fists raised as the Hue flooded her suit with power. She smashed the creature across the side of it’s face and reeled for a moment allowing Calamity to strike it three more time. Each blow resounded across the clearing with a clamor of alien force striking alien technology. The creature recovered quickly however and smashed it’s shoulder into the Knight sending her skidding back while raising a hand festoon with weapons.

The Mayor's Office
The Mayor simply gazed at Antonia with a bored expression. Clearly not impressed with her speech or her display of magic. Instead, he blinked once and his pupils shifted to become reptilian slits.

“I’m afraid it’s you who doesn’t know what you're dealing with Antonia,” he reached out and flipped over a green rock ashtray on his desk. On the backside was a flat surface with a single symbol carved into the base. It was a triangle with a stylized eye in the center. “You are trying to become the organization that we already are. You’re talking to the group that already won World War 3.”

“But feel free to underestimate us. It makes my job all that easier. Especially when counter measures have already been installed to deal with you and your lack of any civilized traits. I assure you that man in the corner is more than enough to put you down and the devices installed in this office would be sufficient.” There were no visible devices, but the confidence in his voice was unmistakeable.

“I won’t make deals with someone who is so delusional they can’t see the power dynamics at play. So rather than making threats to people who you don’t understand maybe you should listen?” Nothing in his tone was smug or condescending, it was matter a fact, as though he was explaining the nature of things to someone who didn’t grasp them.

He blinked again, and his eyes changed back to a more human look. He turned the ashtray back over and watched the Baroness intensely. He knew that people tended to overemphasize their abilities and when they had as much power as this vampire thought she had that was liable to be compounded. Still, he had faith that he wouldn’t need to make some useless display of power to quell these doubts as to his authenticity. “An apology would be a nice way to start. I’ve shown you nothing but a desire to help, and here you’ve gone and threatened my life.”

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:24 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:Long Island
“My allies are nearby,” she said reaching out and letting the Hue feed. “They can help, and the government has a team on its way.”

The Hue ravenously devoured everything Calamity would let it. First were the grass and plant life which quickly swelled with loathsome cancerous strength before collapsing into beautiful gray, brittle dust. As the Hue fed the color grew in intensity and suddenly the unknown color began to glow all around Calamity like a halo of strange light.

However the Hue was soon overshadowed by the massive beam which cut through Gallahads clever defense. A trail of hot light, bright as the sun sliced through the pillars causing several of them to fall forwards as the creature stepped out of it’s would be container. The beam continued however barely missing Calamity and Galahad but cutting through the crater wall. It ran 10 miles through the ground hitting numerous basements and gas mains along the way the before hitting the ocean. Three massive plumes of fire detonated across Long Island and a dozen houses caught fire with that single blast. Not much of it could be seen from where Gallahad and Calamity were standing but they sure could hear it.

“We need to contain it, or it’s going to go on a rampage,” she said arguing to Gallahad, she then spoke into her comms. “NUMB, Get to me now.”

As Calamity gave orders the weapon, the creature was holding shifted. Gone was the single large barrel created by both of it’s hand. Know each of its twelve fingers was turning into some kind of tube weapon. Calamity saw what was going on and lunged forward her fists raised as the Hue flooded her suit with power. She smashed the creature across the side of it’s face and reeled for a moment allowing Calamity to strike it three more time. Each blow resounded across the clearing with a clamor of alien force striking alien technology. The creature recovered quickly however and smashed it’s shoulder into the Knight sending her skidding back while raising a hand festoon with weapons.

Gallahad didn't answer, she needed to act now.
Now that she was quite sure that the alien would be occupied, it was starting to be a fight, and not just a curbstomp.
Chuckling lightly, she got out of cover with a dozen blades made of different materials, each one of them looking like they could slice through anything.
Those were all made of different variants of the stone she could find, as well as some made of straight metal.

With her initial sword in hand, she sent the first blades on the alien, this time not just to make an obstacle, but to pin it down.
Flanking Calamity's position, she rushed in with only three floating blades left, not counting the one she had in her hand.

Her plan was to jump and drop down, smashing her foe with an earth shattering blow, but given that Calamity was in the way, maybe it wouldn't work exactly like that.
But hell, she could at least try it.
It was then that her ally got knocked away.
At the sight of that, Galahad smiled.

"Perfect." With that, she jumped and fell with all the weight of her armor plus the blades on the alien presence.
It was basically just as destructive as a human sized hammer being brought down to nail something onto a plank.
Needless to say, it made the ground cave in a bit.

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:26 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:"That was a Ghostwalk," NUMB explained as Andrew carried him around. "A metaphysical rearrangement using sects of the All in One your race doesn't have access to. It is only uncomfortable the first time."

As Andrew set him down pinkish red ooze and white mold began quickly reaching out from the contain in grasping tentacles to grab onto the mangled corpse on the women. A hollow voice gurgled from the canister as his fungoid growth began burrowing into the remains skin in a most unpleasant manner. "The body actually helps. The mycological mass I exude is a super-computer bound together with complex electrical impulses. However, while it is a powerful system it requires biological matter to run it's 'program.' Like a thumb drive needs a computer."

NUMB kicked hard sending the door skidding away as she stepped out the vehicles. The woman's corpse was no longer visible in the red mass, only waving fibers, mushroom heads, and slime molds. "We must attract humans. Go door to door and send them over there," he said pointing down the street away from the crater. "I will wander the street and gather any stragglers. In ten minutes I'll teleport a group out, and then we'll check in with Calamity."

Andrew Marks

"Ghossstwalk, right." hisssed Andrew scratching his jaw after putting NUMB down. He cringed in sickness as he watched through Rango's eyes NUMB gruesomely consume the waman's corpse with tenticals of pink ooz and white mold in the form of tentacles burrowing into th dead flesh. The Australian only nodded, the look on his face trying hard to hide disgust at what he just saw, as NUMB gave a lecture of scientific babble about his abilities.

"W-will, do, Sir." Andrew spoke nonetheless when NUMB gave him orders. The serpentine young man began going door-to-door, knocking and calling out in his Australian accented, yet snake-like voice, "Come out and get to the crater. Don't worry we're the good guys... I-i think."

Once Andrew collected what he hoped to be enough people, the snake man there waiting for NUMB. "Damn, day one on the job." muttered Snake Eyes, "Hope I'm actually doing good."
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:22 pm

Andrew was quite successful and it was not long before a group of about two dozen civilians was gathered around NUMBs pulsating body. Many of them had looks of fear and confusion on their faces. Clearly NUMB and a blind half snake were the most comforting things to be saved by.

The living fungus didn’t seem to care however. He began charging up his own powers to Ghostwalk the civilians to a hospital far away when he spoke directly to Andrew. “Charmer, Calamity needs assistance go see what the matter is.”

Suddenly as if to answer his question the ground shook with a titanic force that caused NUMB and the civilians to stumble momentarily. Suddenly a nearby house collapsed into the ground and a massive ball of fire rose up behind the group just a mile down the road. NUMB wasted no time and disappeared in another flash of light taking all of the regular folks with him, and leaving Andrew alone with Rango.

Gallahad’s strikes were calculated and strategic but they proved less effective than the French Knight had hoped for. The first shards of metal and rock impacted but didn’t produce much noticeable effect. Most of the stone blades shattered into rubble while the metallic blades seemed to push the creature back momentarily before it regained its footing. Small divots in the sheen of its glassy black armor could be seen but they were small and the armor moved smoothing itself out. However the blows came when the creature had shot at Calamity and the six beams of hot solar light missed the Knight due to the distracting blows.

The creature turned to face Gallahad as she charged. It was an effective charge but the creature was quick and obvious a skilled fighter in it’s own right. It grabbed the sword even as Gallahad brought it down to strike the creature squarely in the chest. The blow did push the creature down and let out an ear burning sound, but Gallahad could feel the strength of the creature had drastically reduced its impact.

The creatures six finger hand remained curled around the hot magma blade even as the other metal ones struck it with minor effect. However the magma from the blade quickly began to morph and shift. It changed color to mimic that of the creature's armor and began to actual loose it’s shape slightly as the heat entirely left it.

Sunspots. The creature's name was Sunspots. Gallahad and Calamity just knew it.

Calamity got back on her feet through gritted teeth. She could feel a fractured rib. She could handle lots of damage so that was incredibly disconcerting. She raised a hand ready to unleash her own attack once Gallahad got out of the way. She had learned the hard way this creature was a danger at close range and know she wanted to try hitting it from beyond arm's reach.

The creature lashed out with several swift and skilled blow striking Gallahad with the same force as Calamity. They were powerful body blows taking advantage of fact the the other arm was holding the blade in place. The fighting styled showed a militaristic strength and speed, it was clear why Calamity had been rebutted even with her own abilities.

As Gallahad suffered a counter attack the black glassy armor began morphing again to recreate the single massive cannon that it had generated before. This time it was situated on the things shoulder and started humming with purple energy.

Calamity swore and an idea formed in her head. She began float rising up into the sky as quickly as she could but staying within line of sight of the creature. Sunspots’ gun followed her as she floated. No longer aiming at ground level but up into the sky.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:

Gallahad’s strikes were calculated and strategic but they proved less effective than the French Knight had hoped for. The first shards of metal and rock impacted but didn’t produce much noticeable effect. Most of the stone blades shattered into rubble while the metallic blades seemed to push the creature back momentarily before it regained its footing. Small divots in the sheen of its glassy black armor could be seen but they were small and the armor moved smoothing itself out. However the blows came when the creature had shot at Calamity and the six beams of hot solar light missed the Knight due to the distracting blows.

The creature turned to face Gallahad as she charged. It was an effective charge but the creature was quick and obvious a skilled fighter in it’s own right. It grabbed the sword even as Gallahad brought it down to strike the creature squarely in the chest. The blow did push the creature down and let out an ear burning sound, but Gallahad could feel the strength of the creature had drastically reduced its impact.

The creatures six finger hand remained curled around the hot magma blade even as the other metal ones struck it with minor effect. However the magma from the blade quickly began to morph and shift. It changed color to mimic that of the creature's armor and began to actual loose it’s shape slightly as the heat entirely left it.

Calamity got back on her feet through gritted teeth. She could feel a fractured rib. She could handle lots of damage so that was incredibly disconcerting. She raised a hand ready to unleash her own attack once Gallahad got out of the way. She had learned the hard way this creature was a danger at close range and know she wanted to try hitting it from beyond arm's reach.

The creature lashed out with several swift and skilled blow striking Gallahad with the same force as Calamity. They were powerful body blows taking advantage of fact the the other arm was holding the blade in place. The fighting styled showed a militaristic strength and speed, it was clear why Calamity had been rebutted even with her own abilities.

As Gallahad suffered a counter attack the black glassy armor began morphing again to recreate the single massive cannon that it had generated before. This time it was situated on the things shoulder and started humming with purple energy.

Calamity swore and an idea formed in her head. She began float rising up into the sky as quickly as she could but staying within line of sight of the creature. Sunspots’ gun followed her as she floated. No longer aiming at ground level but up into the sky.

And there she was, being thrown away again.
Barely having time to block with her actual sword, and sometimes even needing to create shields to avoid taking too much damage.

It was clear that the alien was a true threat from up close, she hardly had any time to react and use the blade on her back to make some surprise attacks out of dead angles.
'Seems like it's more of a curbstomp than anything. Sunspots, it's her name isn't it? Oddly cute for someone as brutal as her.' She thought, but Gallahad wasn't deterred yet, though already fairly beaten up and having most of her energy sapped due to blocking and running around.

She sure as hell wasn't going to run away. It wasn't a fight, sure, but at least if it meant she could avoid some deaths, she would gladly do it.
For that's what knights do, don't they?

However, Gallahad struggled to think of new plans of attack, she could always start making a constant barrage of arrows, but seeing as even with one of her strongest combinations she couldn't even begin to harm her...
It did pose some certain problems.

Then she noticed Calamity floating up, silently cursing herself for not being able to fly herself, she started thinking in another pattern.
The alien was distracted, obviously she wouldn't be for too long, but just having that was enough.

She had one of two possibilities, and assuming she had a second of respite, she could achieve both.
But right now, achieving the first was the most likely to do anything to the armor.

Air pressure. It was something she'd learned from Heamet using his hydraulic presses, she had an idea.
A brilliant one at that.
Her arenas, thankfully enough didn't have to have a set diameter to be considered as arenas.
As such, she could theoretically create a very, very small one to compress the alien into a very small point.
If it wouldn't make her bend, it would at least make her armor crack a little bit.

The next step of her plan would've been to crush her into the ground using some molten concrete pillars and maybe achieve some obsidian to make for some kind of containment unit.
She wasn't entirely sure it would work, but at this point, when she couldn't get close, there wasn't really anything left to do, was there?

So she put it into action and started making the air swirl, faster and faster around the alien until she created a near solid ring of air, due to air resistance.
Then, she started making the small tornado grow more and more sizeable until it could be seen from outside the crater.
As the wind started to howl louder and louder, the Knight suddenly focused all of her strength into one point on the alien and the tornado followed, getting smaller and smaller until it formed some kind of grey bubble of air composed of dust and debris.
She didn't stop there however, her goal was not to contain right now, but to crush. Saving the possible containment for later when absolutely positively sure that the alien couldn't be killed.
All of the swirling air focused on one point, as small lashes of wind almost slashed the ground, and hovered around the back of the alien's head.

After a moment of situation assessment at the sheer level of concentration this whole attack needed, she released all of the air forward, pushing forward with the speed of a dozen hurricanes.

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:Andrew was quite successful and it was not long before a group of about two dozen civilians was gathered around NUMBs pulsating body. Many of them had looks of fear and confusion on their faces. Clearly NUMB and a blind half snake were the most comforting things to be saved by.

The living fungus didn’t seem to care however. He began charging up his own powers to Ghostwalk the civilians to a hospital far away when he spoke directly to Andrew. “Charmer, Calamity needs assistance go see what the matter is.”

Suddenly as if to answer his question the ground shook with a titanic force that caused NUMB and the civilians to stumble momentarily. Suddenly a nearby house collapsed into the ground and a massive ball of fire rose up behind the group just a mile down the road. NUMB wasted no time and disappeared in another flash of light taking all of the regular folks with him, and leaving Andrew alone with Rango.

Andrew Marks

Andrew nodded at NUMB's orders before yelping in fear upon feeling the ground shake terribly under his feet with even more destruction surrounding him. He grunted upon landing on his tush, slowly getting up to watch NUMB vanish in a flash. "Gosh this is geting tenssse." hissed Snake Eyes as he looked around with Rango, "Now where could the boss be?"

Andrew ran off through the ruins of the street only to find Calamity with another meta fighting a monsterous... thing? What on Earth could that be? thought the blind snake kid, Could that actually be what fell from space earlier?"

Andrew ran towards Calamity and stood beside her in an offensive stance, looking up at the monstrosity before him. "NUMB told me to help you out." he reported, "The citizens are safe. Now what the heck is [i]that
thing?"
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Octavian decided to drop the call with Alice the minute all hell started breaking loose. "Gotta go, see you soon I guess." He said, hitting the 'end call' button. He stowed the device away, unslinging his bow from his shoulders. Running across the roof to get to a better vantage point, he tried getting as much of a view of the creature as possible. He reached around his quiver, pulling out an explosive tipped arrow.

Octavian nocked it and aimed at the ground just in front of the alien, taking a breath in and firing. The arrow whizzed through the air, lodging itself into the ground below the alien. He quickly reloaded, and waited for the timed detonation to go off. Three. Two. One. An explosion equivalent to that of a pipe bomb occured. Octavian took aim again, this time firing a regular arrow, firing at the creature's center mass.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:25 pm

“Look out!” Calamity called out to Andrew as Sunspots noticed him descending into the crater and swiveled her gun away from Calamity in the skin to target the boy. The heat was palpable even as the weapon finished charging.

Up above Calamity cursed as she rocketed towards the ground as quickly as she could trying to intercept Sunspots. She already knew she was too far away and that, she was going to need to bury the poor boy. Her jaw locked, and she scowled, as she gave up restraining the Hue. All of a sudden life began to die, trees bulged as gray tumorous lumps began to form and animals wailed in the nearby suburb greenery. Then the animals collapsed into gray ash, and the trees fell apart in brittle piles of dust.

She didn’t think she could save Andrew, but she was going to avenge him.

Purple light and humming filled the air for a second before Octavia struck filling the crater with explosive force. Sunspots reeled reflexively at the last moment, and the beam went wide cutting through a dozen houses and a church before breaking up into a cloud of radioactive particles around an empty school. The light and heat from the blast were enough to singe hair and blind the eyes of the unprotected.

Sunspots was quick and recovered in an instant. The creatures giant cannon began to shrink on her right shoulder to a much smaller tube while a second one grew on her left shoulder. She rounded with a predatory stance to aim at where Octavia’s shot had come from and released another volley even as Gallahad’s storm began to pick up. As the wind whipped around Sunspots two bolts shot towards the archer. One made of radioactive gamma rays and the other a focused beam of scorching light. No sooner had it fired the beams then the pressure broke through the armor around the creature helmet.

With a shriek, the black smooth dome shattered and turned into a pool of dripping black ooze. It revealed a bulbous head, of a sickly orange color. A pair of purple eyes with yellow pupils stared back with a burning hatred at Gallahad. The creature was entirely hairless except for a trail of purple tentacles that formed a mohawk pattern down her head and neck. But it was the creature's skin that was strangest. It looked like it was made of color gas and air bounded tightly in some kind of film.

A threat-filled Gallahads mind. A general promise of death and murder. Sunspots turned to her, leveling both barrels direct at her. At such close range and with the exhaustion of the previously massive blow there was little she could do.

Then like a bolt of divine lightning Calamity struck from the sky. Snarling her open palm slammed into Sunspots head repaying Gallahad for saving her earlier. As her palm touched Sunspots, the creature began to shriek as gas began wafting off her, the same orange color as her skin. A sickening sensation washed over everyone as they watched, the pain was visceral as the creature melted under the assault of the Hue unleashed.

Sunspots reeled back quickly slapping Calamity away to crash beside Andrew. The creature looked up with a face that ran like hot wax. Sunspots stepped back into the stinking black ooze that she had crawled out of as another threat entered the heads of all those present. This one was more precise. It promised global devastation. Continents burnings. Fire pouring into the sky. Extinction.

Then with a rapid swiftness, the black muck began to seep into the ground like it was being sucked down a drain into some horrible hell. It was mere seconds before all that remained was an empty crater, the sound of sirens in the distance, and Calamity moaning in pain.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:43 am

Primordial Luxa wrote:“Look out!” Calamity called out to Andrew as Sunspots noticed him descending into the crater and swiveled her gun away from Calamity in the skin to target the boy. The heat was palpable even as the weapon finished charging.

Up above Calamity cursed as she rocketed towards the ground as quickly as she could trying to intercept Sunspots. She already knew she was too far away and that, she was going to need to bury the poor boy. Her jaw locked, and she scowled, as she gave up restraining the Hue. All of a sudden life began to die, trees bulged as gray tumorous lumps began to form and animals wailed in the nearby suburb greenery. Then the animals collapsed into gray ash, and the trees fell apart in brittle piles of dust.

Purple light and humming filled the air for a second before Octavia struck filling the crater with explosive force. Sunspots reeled reflexively at the last moment, and the beam went wide cutting through a dozen houses and a church before breaking up into a cloud of radioactive particles around an empty school. The light and heat from the blast were enough to singe hair and blind the eyes of the unprotected.

Sunspots was quick and recovered in an instant. The creatures giant cannon began to shrink on her right shoulder to a much smaller tube while a second one grew on her left shoulder. She rounded with a predatory stance to aim at where Octavia’s shot had come from and released another volley even as Gallahad’s storm began to pick up. As the wind whipped around Sunspots two bolts shot towards the archer. One made of radioactive gamma rays and the other a focused beam of scorching light. No sooner had it fired the beams then the pressure broke through the armor around the creature helmet.

With a shriek, the black smooth dome shattered and turned into a pool of dripping black ooze. It revealed a bulbous head, of a sickly orange color. A pair of purple eyes with yellow pupils stared back with a burning hatred at Gallahad. The creature was entirely hairless except for a trail of purple tentacles that formed a mohawk pattern down her head and neck. But it was the creature's skin that was strangest. It looked like it was made of color gas and air bounded tightly in some kind of film.

A threat-filled Gallahads mind. A general promise of death and murder. Sunspots turned to her, leveling both barrels direct at her. At such close range and with the exhaustion of the previously massive blow there was little she could do.

Then like a bolt of divine lightning Calamity struck from the sky. Snarling her open palm slammed into Sunspots head repaying Gallahad for saving her earlier. As her palm touched Sunspots, the creature began to shriek as gas began wafting off her, the same orange color as her skin. A sickening sensation washed over everyone as they watched, the pain was visceral as the creature melted under the assault of the Hue unleashed.

Sunspots reeled back quickly slapping Calamity away to crash beside Andrew. The creature looked up with a face that ran like hot wax. Sunspots stepped back into the stinking black ooze that she had crawled out of as another threat entered the heads of all those present. This one was more precise. It promised global devastation. Continents burnings. Fire pouring into the sky. Extinction.

Then with a rapid swiftness, the black muck began to seep into the ground like it was being sucked down a drain into some horrible hell. It was mere seconds before all that remained was an empty crater, the sound of sirens in the distance, and Calamity moaning in pain.

As the helmet got blown off, Galahad smirked.
Even if she was to be killed right now, she would be happy.
Not only had she wounded a terribly resilient enemy, but she had fought where many others would've fled.
If she died right now, she would die on the battlefield, like a true warrior. Like a true Knight.
Even when the promise of death and murder filled her mind, she smirked still and stood into position still, pulling out her own blade this time.

"BAT TOI!" She shouted in french before Calamity crashed down, something that pushed her a few meters away, however, she hadn't moved an inch out of her position.

Then as it ran away, the Knight put her sword back into its place and breathed out a long sigh.

"Haaaaaaah... Well... Guess death is not coming today after all. Oh well." She spoke, through the visions of death, extinction and continents burning and progressively got closer to the ones that had helped them.
"One more public enemy to take care of then. Guess we'll be working together then, won't we?" She said, extending her hand to Calamity.

To her, Calamity was a true knight, not just in name, but in actions too.

Despite her armor being battered and being tired beyond reason, Galahad still stood, with a heartwarming smile.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:25 am

Octavian didn't expect the thing to fire after it was hit with an explosive, although he did expect it to stagger a bit. Upon the first shot, he leapt easily aside, only to notice another one flying towards him. This was was clearly light, but passing through him would probably kill him, as his mask HUD flashed a huge warning sign as the beam hurtled towards him.

He started running, diving into a roll at the last minute to avoid certain death. Once he was sure the coast was clear, he walked over to the edge of the building again. Taking out a grappling-arrow, he aimed at the ground near a particularly clean area. Octavian took a couple steps back to tie the other end to a random sturdy object on the building, then leapt off.

Octavian used his bow to slide down the makeshift zipline. Once he got a safe distance down, he detached his bow from the line, ending in a roll. He wouldn't bother with the rope just yet, that could obviously be done later.

"Hey, armor-lady. Anybody hurt?"

Octavian had approached Gallahad first, speaking directly to her.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:29 am

Whalestron wrote:Octavian didn't expect the thing to fire after it was hit with an explosive, although he did expect it to stagger a bit. Upon the first shot, he leapt easily aside, only to notice another one flying towards him. This was was clearly light, but passing through him would probably kill him, as his mask HUD flashed a huge warning sign as the beam hurtled towards him.

He started running, diving into a roll at the last minute to avoid certain death. Once he was sure the coast was clear, he walked over to the edge of the building again. Taking out a grappling-arrow, he aimed at the ground near a particularly clean area. Octavian took a couple steps back to tie the other end to a random sturdy object on the building, then leapt off.

Octavian used his bow to slide down the makeshift zipline. Once he got a safe distance down, he detached his bow from the line, ending in a roll. He wouldn't bother with the rope just yet, that could obviously be done later.

"Hey, armor-lady. Anybody hurt?"

Octavian had approached Gallahad first, speaking directly to her.

Galahad made a two fingered salute to the man that had just came in.

"Personally... I dunno, maybe a few bones, something along those lines.
Not much, I'll get it fixed. As for the others... Well, that's another story, I don't know anything about their physiology.
I know that we didn't have any civilians around in the bout." She answered shortly, with a smile that slowly darkened.

"Not alive ones, at least." The knight added regretfully sighing.

"It's Galahad. You didn't seem to know." She smiled again, as much as last time.

Though she smiled, she obviously hid some bits of bitterness at the simple fact that civilians had died from the initial impact.
It was something she couldn't bear. Failure. The simple fact of not being able to protect these people that had lost their lives, she felt like she could've done something.
Although quite delusional, it was what she felt. She was a knight in almost all the senses of the term, code and such. And protecting the innocent was her one mission.
One, if not the only reason she helped the NYMD.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:23 pm

Serah wrote:As the helmet got blown off, Galahad smirked.
Not only had she wounded a terribly resilient enemy, but she had fought where many others would've fled.
If she died right now, she would die on the battlefield, like a true warrior. Like a true Knight.
Even when the promise of death and murder filled her mind, she smirked still and stood into position still, pulling out her own blade this time.

"BAT TOI!" She shouted in french before Calamity crashed down, something that pushed her a few meters away, however, she hadn't moved an inch out of her position.

Then as it ran away, the Knight put her sword back into its place and breathed out a long sigh.

"Haaaaaaah... Well... Guess death is not coming today after all. Oh well." She spoke, through the visions of death, extinction and continents burning and progressively got closer to the ones that had helped them.
"One more public enemy to take care of then. Guess we'll be working together then, won't we?" She said, extending her hand to Calamity.

Despite her armor being battered and being tired beyond reason, Galahad still stood, with a heartwarming smile.

Calamity pulled herself back to her feet while wincing. Although the traces of a smile could be seen in her pained look. With one handed pressed against her side she extended her other to give Gallahad a firm shake. “I’m looking forward to it Gallahad,” she said. “It was a honor to have you here with us today and I hope we run into eachother soon.”

The silence of mutual respect was broken by the sound of a shotgun being cocked. Andrew, Gallahad and Calamity looked up to see that the entire rim of the crater was surrounded suddenly by a ground of men dressed entirely in black military gear with facial obscuring with face plates. Many of them were pointing rifles at the trio. Most unnerving was the lack of insignia on their clothing. No FBI, CIA, NSA, NASA, or SWAT symbols. There was nothing to even signal that the group were Americans.

“Please vacate the premises. This area is now under our jurisdiction,” Calamity sneered and floated up as one of the men talked. She could see that their was about twenty of them surrounding the crater and maybe another fifty breaking into the neighboring houses with what looked like flamethrowers.

“Bullshit. Do you know who the fuck I am?” Her tone was downright furious. Clearly issues of jurisdiction were a touchy subject for her. “I’m a motherfucking Knight of America. We just stopped a rampaging monster, if anyone has jurisdiction it’s us. You’re gonna need some...” The man shoved a series of papers in front of her face and her eyes widened as she began to read. A minute later she turned back to the group with a sigh.

“This is some serious crap. These guys got connections. We should probably get moving. Gallahad do you need a lift? We have a teleporting fungus that should be back any moment now,” Calamity said before turning back to the soldier in charge and sticking a menacing finger in his chest. “I’m going to remember this, you hear me?”

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:27 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:“Look out!” Calamity called out to Andrew as Sunspots noticed him descending into the crater and swiveled her gun away from Calamity in the skin to target the boy. The heat was palpable even as the weapon finished charging.

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Serah wrote:As the helmet got blown off, Galahad smirked.

Calamity pulled herself back to her feet while wincing. Although the traces of a smile could be seen in her pained look. With one handed pressed against her side she extended her other to give Gallahad a firm shake. “I’m looking forward to it Gallahad,” she said. “It was a honor to have you here with us today and I hope we run into eachother soon.”

The silence of mutual respect was broken by the sound of a shotgun being cocked. Andrew, Gallahad and Calamity looked up to see that the entire rim of the crater was surrounded suddenly by a ground of men dressed entirely in black military gear with facial obscuring with face plates. Many of them were pointing rifles at the trio. Most unnerving was the lack of insignia on their clothing. No FBI, CIA, NSA, NASA, or SWAT symbols. There was nothing to even signal that the group were Americans.

“Please vacate the premises. This area is now under our jurisdiction,” Calamity sneered and floated up as one of the men talked. She could see that their was about twenty of them surrounding the crater and maybe another fifty breaking into the neighboring houses with what looked like flamethrowers.

“Bullshit. Do you know who the fuck I am?” Her tone was downright furious. Clearly issues of jurisdiction were a touchy subject for her. “I’m a motherfucking Knight of America. We just stopped a rampaging monster, if anyone has jurisdiction it’s us. You’re gonna need some...” The man shoved a series of papers in front of her face and her eyes widened as she began to read. A minute later she turned back to the group with a sigh.

“This is some serious crap. These guys got connections. We should probably get moving. Gallahad do you need a lift? We have a teleporting fungus that should be back any moment now,” Calamity said before turning back to the soldier in charge and sticking a menacing finger in his chest. “I’m going to remember this, you hear me?”

Andrew Marks

Andrew Marks had Rango look up at Calamity as she called to him, before returning attention to Sunspots. He gave out a yelp of terror, finding the alien's cannon pointed directly at him. The half-snake quivered in horror as all life around him, plants and animals, turned to dust, and in panic clutched Rango and held him tightly. Not you too, Rango! Andrew cried out telepathically to the boa constrictor, Not you too!

Andrew/Rango looked around, even more scared as the air became purple and great humming could be heard. He had Rango look up to see them coming from the weapon pointed at him as it prepared to fire. Petrified with fear and finding there not even enough time to flee, Andrew clutched Rango even tighter, closing his eyes and covering the eyes of his seeing-eye snake as they, together in-fact, accepted their fate.

However, a great explosion struck the crater, knocking Andrew off his feet. His clothes, hair and parts of skin scorched by the explosion, slowy got up, groaning in pain. He and Rango looked up to find the creature fighting what seemed to be two other heros. The alien even more mass destruction with it's cannon, while one of the heros fought back seemingly with the weather.

The creature's dome got blown off by lightning, with an even stranger orange creature crawled out of what Andrew now saw as some sort of mech. He cried out in pain as Calamity, sent flying by Sunspots, crashed into him. Groaning once more, vision suddenly came to his mind of death, destruction and the extinction of all life, causing Andrew to cry out in horror. When he returned to reality he looked to see creature gone, leaving behind nothing but grest devastation.

Andrew grunted as he got back onto to his feet, only to find himself surrounded by armed men with guns. Great. he thought, putting his arms up in compliance, This day just gets better and better.

He remained silent during the argument between Calamity and the armed men and began following her when she conceded. All the chaos that had happened left only dozens of questions in his mind along with scars and burns throughout his body. "Ssso what was that thing?" Snake-eyes asked. "Thisss isn't over isss it? Who were those guys? And these herosss, are they knights too? Are we gonna check on NUMB and pick him up too? What were those visions about? Did you ssseee them too?"
Last edited by The Flutterlands on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Political Compass
Ravenclaw

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:34 pm

New York City
NYC City Hall
The Mayor's Office
The Scarlet Baroness

"Oh? So you're with the Enlightened? Interesting revelation indeed though not as surprising as it could have been to someone else. Both I and the SS figured a long time ago that the mayors of New York City were in some way affiliated with them. I am delighted to have even the last doubts cleared about this."

She now started pacing through the room, though making sure to always stay in plain sight of both the mayor and his bodyguard, seemingly taking in the decoration. It was obvious though that she was thinking about the situation. Sometimes her face distorted as if she was suffering tremendous pain though she always made sure that she wasn't facing any of the two. Sometimes her face showed the animalic monster inside her, though the mayor and his guard would only notice a faint hissing. After 5 minutes she finally returned to the desk, seemingly having come to a decision and showing the usual smile again, only her eyes hinting at the malice hiding within her.

"I will not deny an apology. I have come to like the times when it was common courtesy to always apologize for every little thing. It gives one such a nice feeling of civilization and order. Now it sure is exciting to speak with someone from the higher levels of the Enlightened. I have long known of them as well as that they might not be entirely humane though I never met one in person. And here I have a living specimen.

Now, I cut you a deal. I will not tell the SS about your actual affiliation. It would be much more interesting if they managed to find out and confirm for themselves. And do not dare call me delusional. I know quite some swaths of the dynamics of the game for power. And currently the SS holds more power over me than you ever could. But I do have some breathing room and I tell you this, do never mention your affiliation or actual race to them. In 99% of all cases you would be dead before you could count to 3.

Now, I will submit your proposal to my superiors in the SS but I will also give you something special. Knowledge is power isn't it? And my binding to the SS never said I couldn't share some. And I like to share bits of information, just enough to have people act on it. You should send saboteurs to the Indian Head.

That's all. I wish you a nice day, oh, apologies, a nice night I mean."

Well behaved as she was she made her curtsey before walking to the window, somehow opening it and dispersing into a cload of bats that seemed to go into all directions. Once out of sight, the cloud gathered upon a small small skyscraper, where a small bunch of friends seemed to be throwing a little party. None of them survived the night. Letting go of the last cold and bloodless body, the former heir to the throne of Bohemia looked upon the city with a smile. Her thirst, which had grown incredibly during her inner struggle, had been temporarily satisfied. It had really been hard to behave normally around the mayor in the end but she had once again managed to perform greatly and without fail. Now, the SS' plans would surely be set back if the mayor could actually figure out what she had meant. And the SS would of course search for the scapegoat. And who, as one of their newest and best interrogators would get most work? With some luck she could instigate a small war here without anyone being able to trace it back to her. A war where the SS was at a disadvantage, seeing as they had virtually nothing in the US.

She let out a soft chuckle before ripping off the head of every one of her victims. She then proceeded to rip metal bars from the railing going around the whole roof. She took her time putting the heads on her improvised stakes before ramming them in right where the heart of the beheaded bodies was. All the while whistling the melody of "Hänschen klein". She really didn't need any offsprings just now. Maybe later when she had successfully freed herself from her shackles.

New York City
A church that just recently made contact with some sort of energy beam
Church roof
Dirlewanger

"Interesting. It seems the extraterrestrial was quite capable of fighting off the metas. A one on one fight would have been more useful though to determine it's strength. I really wonder what Maier brought down for us."

, a familiar mechnical voice croaked on the roof of the church which had been hit by the purple beam, cutting through the building like a knife through hot butter. A figure was standing there, almost invisible when seen in front of the dark night sky. A few mechanisms clicked and Dirlewanger's optics returned to normal zoom levels. The paramilitaries who had shown up at the end were troubling him though. He had not seen any insignia on them but the heroes had backed down from them. If his optics hadn't fooled him, the meta called Calamity had been shown some sort of papers by one of these guys.

Now, if there was a group with such a paramilitary force and also apparently connections here in New York City, then the SS would have to deal with them sooner or later. Someone clearing his throat right below him made Dirlewanger wake up from his thoughts. He looked down and saw the driver of the car dangling from the edges of where the beam had hit. He seemed to be unable to get up by himself but atleast he had received a spec ops training so he would be able to hang there a little longer if necessary. With a mechanical sigh and some creaking from his joints he kneeled down, grabbed the arm of the man, his claws cutting painfully deep into his flesh before pulling him up without any visible effort.

"Let's go. I am sure this place will be crowded with all sorts of people in next to no time. I think the command will be very interested in the news we have gathered."
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:54 am

Atlas and Jaeger
The general demeanor of upper Manhattan was broken by the chopping sound of helicopter rotors. Within, two people with a mission. The objective? Clean house on the Agency. They were doing some shit, the kind of thing that left Chrono of all people dead, Anthony Cross missing, Anna's personal health at risk, and Atlas a man with literally zero documentation with any kind. For all intents and purposes David Kowalski didn't exist.

Which made this job easier.

With the autopilot on the Pavelow secured, and it's automated weapons systems ready, both Atlas and Jaeger made their way to the back of the craft, and the lowered ramp that left an open view of a Harlem building's roof. David stared down at said roof, shotgun in hand, as Elsa stood beside him, her rather unique M82 CQB in hand, broken out of it's case for such an occasion. With a nod to one another, both hopped out and dropped the forty feet to the roof top. With a deep thud, they both landed. Standing up, the MH-53 pulled away, and began circling the area. Ready to pick the duo up or provide fire support if needed.

As Atlas and Jaeger approached the door on the rooftop, both heard rather heavy footfalls coming up the stairs, both moved with a faster pace towards the portal.

As they arrived, Atlas placed his boot firmly in the center, detaching the door to the Agency owned building, and sending it flying down the staircase. Atlas' perception of time slowed as he registered combatants further down the staircase. The caged and oxidized elevator obscuring his view past the first flight. The door met the hostile group first, the resounding boom of Elsa's weapon going of registered second, as the Raufoss round plowed through the door and into the two men behind it, repainting most of the wall in gruesome fashion. David raised his own shotgun, aligning it's 20mm bore with the third man's chest, firing the 9mm ball bearings contained within sailed out. The man exchanged fire, a single round from his rifle making it's own path through the air, impacting David's chest with a metal on metal ping. Moments before his own chest was torn asunder from the 0000 buckshot cleaving through his flesh and bone.

Time returned to it's normal pace, the duo said nothing, simply walking past the dead bodies as the sound of two weapons (destructive devices under New York law) echoed throughout Harlem.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse