NATION

PASSWORD

After the End (OOC/Open)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 16527
Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:10 am

A WiP

(All misspellings are intentional)
NS Nation Name: Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Country Name: The Holy Sea of Jesus and Saint Peter
Religion: American Catholicism
Rulers Name and Title: Pope Anthony V
Flag/logos of nation:
Image

Image

History of your country:
Population:
Army Size and Equipment:
Economic Overview:
Territory of country:
1890 - DO NOT REMOVE
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.

Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled


Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

User avatar
Benuty
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35362
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Benuty » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:36 am

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:A WiP

(All misspellings are intentional)
NS Nation Name: Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Country Name: The Holy Sea of Jesus and Saint Peter
Religion: American Catholicism
Rulers Name and Title: Pope Anthony V
Flag/logos of nation:


History of your country:
Population:
Army Size and Equipment:
Economic Overview:
Territory of country:
1890 - DO NOT REMOVE

An irony really, but the Popes in After the End mostly named themselves primarily after religious themes instead of true names (such as Pope Redeemed the III).
Last edited by Benuty on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity.
Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

User avatar
New Minahasa
Diplomat
 
Posts: 793
Founded: Sep 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Minahasa » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:47 am

NS Nation Name: New Minahasa.
Country Name: New England Commonwealth/Covenant of the Old Ones.
Religion: Occultist.
Rulers Name and Title: Supreme Orient Caine Woods.
Flag/logos of nation: Here.
History of your country: In 2530, New England, the War of Lore raged. Three different groups of Occultists were at each other's throat, as they fought for their "belief". The Church of Elder, a group which adopted the Elder Lore, was probably the least of the factions. They were mostly based in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. The Order of the Mason, another group which adopted the Masonic Lore, was based in New Hampshire and Vermont. The Diabolical Brotherhood, the last and probably the biggest of the Occultist factions, operated from their homebase in Maine.

The three factions despised each other, but the most heated situation was inbetween the Order and Brotherhood. The Church raided the southern parts of New Hampshire and Vermont, and sent a few expeditions to Maine, but that was it. But as the tension between the Order and Brotherhood grew, the Church took the chance to swipe in. Whilst most of the Order's forces were focused against the Brotherhood, High Priest Payne of the Church of Elder took his whole army towards the capital of New Hampshire and besieged the place, slaying the Order's Grandmaster in the process. Payne was declared the new Archpriest of the Order and the Church, and ruled both factions at the same time. As forces from both factions were united, they were strong enough to defeat the Brotherhood and annex Maine into their authority. The new dominion was named the New England Commonwealth, and Payne reformed the nation's faith into one; the Occultist. The nation declared the Old Ones as their divines, and Payne proclaimed himself Supreme Orient.

Now, in 2666, Supreme Orient Caine Woods rules over the Commonwealth, seeking power and expansion against the other rival nations.
Population: Roughly 720,000.
Army Size and Equipment: 30,000. It consists of 14,000 light infantry, 6,000 heavy infantry, 4,000 crossbowmen, 1,000 musketmen and 5,000 light cavalry. The military is mainly focused on ambushes, as the men are trained to camouflage.
Economic Overview: Agriculture and fishing dominate the nation's economy, and the usual raidings.
Territory of country: New England (cba to add on the map, but if required, I'll do it.)
1890 - DO NOT REMOVE

P.S: I think religions should give nations specific traits, or instead, nations can pick their own (limited) traits just to make things a bit more interesting.
Last edited by New Minahasa on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Chewion
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19323
Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:16 pm

Can I join?
Pro: America, Germany, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.
Anti: Modern Liberalism, third wave feminism, anarchy, fascism, communism, socialism, radical Muslims, terrorism.

Moonlight Lounge
[url=Moonlight Lounge]https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=447304[/url]

User avatar
Imperial Idaho
Senator
 
Posts: 4064
Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Imperial Idaho » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:35 pm

New Minahasa wrote:NS Nation Name: New Minahasa.
Country Name: New England Commonwealth/Covenant of the Old Ones.
Religion: Occultist.
Rulers Name and Title: Supreme Orient Caine Woods.
Flag/logos of nation: Here.
History of your country: In 2530, New England, the War of Lore raged. Three different groups of Occultists were at each other's throat, as they fought for their "belief". The Church of Elder, a group which adopted the Elder Lore, was probably the least of the factions. They were mostly based in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. The Order of the Mason, another group which adopted the Masonic Lore, was based in New Hampshire and Vermont. The Diabolical Brotherhood, the last and probably the biggest of the Occultist factions, operated from their homebase in Maine.

The three factions despised each other, but the most heated situation was inbetween the Order and Brotherhood. The Church raided the southern parts of New Hampshire and Vermont, and sent a few expeditions to Maine, but that was it. But as the tension between the Order and Brotherhood grew, the Church took the chance to swipe in. Whilst most of the Order's forces were focused against the Brotherhood, High Priest Payne of the Church of Elder took his whole army towards the capital of New Hampshire and besieged the place, slaying the Order's Grandmaster in the process. Payne was declared the new Archpriest of the Order and the Church, and ruled both factions at the same time. As forces from both factions were united, they were strong enough to defeat the Brotherhood and annex Maine into their authority. The new dominion was named the New England Commonwealth, and Payne reformed the nation's faith into one; the Occultist. The nation declared the Old Ones as their divines, and Payne proclaimed himself Supreme Orient.

Now, in 2666, Supreme Orient Caine Woods rules over the Commonwealth, seeking power and expansion against the other rival nations.
Population: Roughly 720,000.
Army Size and Equipment: 30,000. It consists of 14,000 light infantry, 6,000 heavy infantry, 4,000 crossbowmen, 1,000 musketmen and 5,000 light cavalry. The military is mainly focused on ambushes, as the men are trained to camouflage.
Economic Overview: Agriculture and fishing dominate the nation's economy, and the usual raidings.
Territory of country: New England (cba to add on the map, but if required, I'll do it.)
1890 - DO NOT REMOVE

P.S: I think religions should give nations specific traits, or instead, nations can pick their own (limited) traits just to make things a bit more interesting.

Accepted. I am cutting a bit out of the Inland parts of New England however.

Religions are going to affect the way nations act a lot of the time. Player wise they can act upon them or ignore them and get called unpious and such.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

User avatar
Imperial Idaho
Senator
 
Posts: 4064
Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Imperial Idaho » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:35 pm

Chewion wrote:Can I join?

Yup. Make an App and I'll check it.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

User avatar
Ithalian Empire
Minister
 
Posts: 3138
Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:01 pm

When abouts will the IC be up you reckon?
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

User avatar
Imperial Idaho
Senator
 
Posts: 4064
Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Imperial Idaho » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:07 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:When abouts will the IC be up you reckon?

Tomorrow or the day after. Get some more folk in, and gives me time to make the IC.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

User avatar
Ithalian Empire
Minister
 
Posts: 3138
Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:09 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:When abouts will the IC be up you reckon?

Tomorrow or the day after. Get some more folk in, and gives me time to make the IC.

Alright, I think my first action will be to hold a Superbowl and go on some raids.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

User avatar
Imperial Idaho
Senator
 
Posts: 4064
Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Imperial Idaho » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:17 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:Tomorrow or the day after. Get some more folk in, and gives me time to make the IC.

Alright, I think my first action will be to hold a Superbowl and go on some raids.

Wisconsin things.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

User avatar
Ithalian Empire
Minister
 
Posts: 3138
Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:20 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:Alright, I think my first action will be to hold a Superbowl and go on some raids.

Wisconsin things.


Yup. Nothing like watching sweaty men on a field while you drink from the skulls of your enemies.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

User avatar
Sarejo
Minister
 
Posts: 3143
Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:50 pm

Tag you're it. :p
Cheers mates.

Bouncer at The Pub | T͢hę ̀E̶̛m̨pę͜ŕ̨or̀͜ h͜͝a͏s ͢Á̕ẃ̨͡ò͟k̀͜͞e͢ń | I am in the process of writing a small book. I hope you enjoy. | The infamous Duke of Autumn
To be Updated
I am a Catholic Democrat. Now that you've picked your jaw up off of the floor, carry on.

I am also a seasoned OP and Co-OP, and can help with worldbuilding, just TG me.
New Grestin wrote:Like I said, Bei's posting is really eclectic right now, which I'm assuming is school and/or work related. Or he's hiding a body. I dunno.

User avatar
Ithalian Empire
Minister
 
Posts: 3138
Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:05 am

Sarejo wrote:Tag you're it. :p


More soft milk drinkers to raid!
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

User avatar
Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12261
Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:10 am

tag
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic


(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

User avatar
Arvenia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9999
Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:46 am

Imperial Idaho wrote:
RELIGIONS: (Custom faiths allowed)
Based in the former Rust Belt of the Great Lakes the first cultist stumbled upon an ancient pre-calamity factory, the complicated and elegant machinery could only have been the work of Gods to him and many after him. They believe factories to be temples to gods who will reward them with manufactured products if repaired. A great factory is to be used as the head temple of all Rust Belt Cultists.


One of the Oldest denominations of Christianity, it survives in the Great plains and Mississippi river coastline with its own American Pope in St Louis, however renamed to New Rome. The first pope was elected to the Papacy on July 4th, 2100 by a makeshift conclave of American bishops.


The earliest form of Cetic was created by the blend of cultures and religions within California, the current form of Cetic was created and defined by the first Emperor of California, using teachings from Buddha, the Bible, and others to create the faith to extend his own power among the populace. One is expected to make a pilgrimage to the holy sites in Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Francisco once within their lifetime. The religious head is the Celestial Emperor of California, who can excommunicate members and use their power to increase their legitimacy.


The People of Washington D.C, the Black Hills, and other landmark locations saw the great and mighty monuments and statues built by the United States to honor those they called founders. They were proof enough that ancient Americans worshiped the founders, so why shouldn't they? A pantheon of sorts revolving around the founding fathers and other presidents such as Lincoln and Roosevelt. Each independent Americanist ruler elects a President to be the head of the faith (similar to pope) who rules in Washington D.C. A pilgrimage, called tours, is expected to be made to one of the holy sites in Rushmore, D.C, Boston, and New York City.


Occultists are a group of pagans, generally considered by most to be unholy demon-worshipers, treading the fine line between orthodox and heresy to many. The Occultist beliefs are formed from the few pieces of "Ancient Lore" that survived the Event, most likely including works by authors such as H.P. Lovecraft or Stephen King. Their settings in New England are most likely responsible for the current predominance in the area.


The Anabaptists are a branch of Christianity originating from 16th century Europe, and the forebears of American groups such as the Amish, Hutterites and Mennonites, which banded together to survive the post-cataclysm world. Anabaptists believe Christians should remain separate from the rest of the world, refuse to hold office and refrain from violence even in war or self-defense, tenets which make life after the apocalypse difficult, and often quite short. However, outside influences would force the Anabaptists to adapt to the hostile post-Event world. After the murder of a former Amish King by an Americanist President, the Anabaptist betrayed their pacifist tenets to exact revenge on the Americanists. Since then, the mainstream Anabaptist faith has disregarded most of their pacifist beliefs, and became a force to be reckoned with in the Northeast.


The Norse are Pagans centered in Pre-Calamity Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the northern peninsula of Michigan, who believe that the Gods of their Norse ancestors struck down humanity because they had grown soft and weak. To remedy this, the modern Norse continue in the way of their Viking ancestors, raiding, pillaging, and conquering all who stand in their way. Since a portion of their faith is based off the NFL their priests are called Coaches, and great festivals not called Blots like the Norsemen of old called them, but called Superbowls and feature grand sporting events.


Based in the Pacific Northwest, Gaians worship the spirits of nature and the Earth, Gaia foremost among them. They believe that Gaia is interconnected to all the living things of Earth, the ancient soul of the Earth itself. They also encourage a society ruled by women rather than men, believing that men neglected the Earth, and Gaia struck them down because of it. Holy sites in Yellowstone, Crater Lake, the Grand Canyon, and Lake Pend Oreile and considered to be the most divine places on earth and defended to the last man.


Atomicists are Cultists located in the Southwest deserts of the former United States and in North-west Mexico (excluding the Baja region). They believe in a godlike power known as the Atom. While Nuclear power and Atomic theory are things long gone they know of an invisible energy around everything. They preach the glory of the Atom and its former benefits of Nuclear Power, the cancer and tumors however, not so much.


Founded by Joseph Smith in 1830 in the New England area. Based off of Joseph Smith's direct visitation by Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and the translating of an additional religious text to complement the Bible. Even before the Event, the Mormons were heavily prosecuted and developed a self-sustaining culture in Deseret. The faith expanded into territories around Utah, and the Kingdom of Deseret is the current Mormon power, holding almost all of Utah.


The Ghost Dance is the traditional belief system of the Northern Plains Indians, and holds to the belief that ritual dances can reunite the living with the dead, and having the dead fight on the behalf of the faithful, forcing white men to leave, and bringing peace and prosperity to the Native Americans. After the Event, natives in the Great Plains area began practicing their faith openly once more. While at first, it was limited to small tribes, the Sioux resurgence that toppled the Americanist realm of Lakota quickly adopted the faith, spreading it across the Kingdom.

What about Judaism, Scientology, Atheism, Satanism, Divinism (worship of a living person), Mayan belief, Islam, Creativity, Nuwabuanism, UFO religion, euthanasist belief, a matriarchal religion, a Luddite religion (technophobic like the Amish and the Church of Humanity Unchained) and a WBC-like faith? Are they gone for good or what?
Pro: Capitalism, Corporatism, Liberalism, Nationalism, Sweden, USA, UN, China, Japan, South Korea, Anime, Manga, Democracy, Monarchy, Republic, Akihito, Jesus, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Gustav Vasa, Zombies, Secularism, LGBT Rights and Religion

Anti: Racism, Nazism, WMD, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Donald Trump, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Benito Mussolini, Joseph Stalin, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Imperialism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, WBC, Satanism, Anarchy, Cyberbullying, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Uyoku Dantai, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment and Apocalypse

User avatar
Imperial Idaho
Senator
 
Posts: 4064
Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Imperial Idaho » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:43 am

Arvenia wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:
RELIGIONS: (Custom faiths allowed)
Based in the former Rust Belt of the Great Lakes the first cultist stumbled upon an ancient pre-calamity factory, the complicated and elegant machinery could only have been the work of Gods to him and many after him. They believe factories to be temples to gods who will reward them with manufactured products if repaired. A great factory is to be used as the head temple of all Rust Belt Cultists.


One of the Oldest denominations of Christianity, it survives in the Great plains and Mississippi river coastline with its own American Pope in St Louis, however renamed to New Rome. The first pope was elected to the Papacy on July 4th, 2100 by a makeshift conclave of American bishops.


The earliest form of Cetic was created by the blend of cultures and religions within California, the current form of Cetic was created and defined by the first Emperor of California, using teachings from Buddha, the Bible, and others to create the faith to extend his own power among the populace. One is expected to make a pilgrimage to the holy sites in Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Francisco once within their lifetime. The religious head is the Celestial Emperor of California, who can excommunicate members and use their power to increase their legitimacy.


The People of Washington D.C, the Black Hills, and other landmark locations saw the great and mighty monuments and statues built by the United States to honor those they called founders. They were proof enough that ancient Americans worshiped the founders, so why shouldn't they? A pantheon of sorts revolving around the founding fathers and other presidents such as Lincoln and Roosevelt. Each independent Americanist ruler elects a President to be the head of the faith (similar to pope) who rules in Washington D.C. A pilgrimage, called tours, is expected to be made to one of the holy sites in Rushmore, D.C, Boston, and New York City.


Occultists are a group of pagans, generally considered by most to be unholy demon-worshipers, treading the fine line between orthodox and heresy to many. The Occultist beliefs are formed from the few pieces of "Ancient Lore" that survived the Event, most likely including works by authors such as H.P. Lovecraft or Stephen King. Their settings in New England are most likely responsible for the current predominance in the area.


The Anabaptists are a branch of Christianity originating from 16th century Europe, and the forebears of American groups such as the Amish, Hutterites and Mennonites, which banded together to survive the post-cataclysm world. Anabaptists believe Christians should remain separate from the rest of the world, refuse to hold office and refrain from violence even in war or self-defense, tenets which make life after the apocalypse difficult, and often quite short. However, outside influences would force the Anabaptists to adapt to the hostile post-Event world. After the murder of a former Amish King by an Americanist President, the Anabaptist betrayed their pacifist tenets to exact revenge on the Americanists. Since then, the mainstream Anabaptist faith has disregarded most of their pacifist beliefs, and became a force to be reckoned with in the Northeast.


The Norse are Pagans centered in Pre-Calamity Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the northern peninsula of Michigan, who believe that the Gods of their Norse ancestors struck down humanity because they had grown soft and weak. To remedy this, the modern Norse continue in the way of their Viking ancestors, raiding, pillaging, and conquering all who stand in their way. Since a portion of their faith is based off the NFL their priests are called Coaches, and great festivals not called Blots like the Norsemen of old called them, but called Superbowls and feature grand sporting events.


Based in the Pacific Northwest, Gaians worship the spirits of nature and the Earth, Gaia foremost among them. They believe that Gaia is interconnected to all the living things of Earth, the ancient soul of the Earth itself. They also encourage a society ruled by women rather than men, believing that men neglected the Earth, and Gaia struck them down because of it. Holy sites in Yellowstone, Crater Lake, the Grand Canyon, and Lake Pend Oreile and considered to be the most divine places on earth and defended to the last man.


Atomicists are Cultists located in the Southwest deserts of the former United States and in North-west Mexico (excluding the Baja region). They believe in a godlike power known as the Atom. While Nuclear power and Atomic theory are things long gone they know of an invisible energy around everything. They preach the glory of the Atom and its former benefits of Nuclear Power, the cancer and tumors however, not so much.


Founded by Joseph Smith in 1830 in the New England area. Based off of Joseph Smith's direct visitation by Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and the translating of an additional religious text to complement the Bible. Even before the Event, the Mormons were heavily prosecuted and developed a self-sustaining culture in Deseret. The faith expanded into territories around Utah, and the Kingdom of Deseret is the current Mormon power, holding almost all of Utah.


The Ghost Dance is the traditional belief system of the Northern Plains Indians, and holds to the belief that ritual dances can reunite the living with the dead, and having the dead fight on the behalf of the faithful, forcing white men to leave, and bringing peace and prosperity to the Native Americans. After the Event, natives in the Great Plains area began practicing their faith openly once more. While at first, it was limited to small tribes, the Sioux resurgence that toppled the Americanist realm of Lakota quickly adopted the faith, spreading it across the Kingdom.

What about Judaism, Scientology, Atheism, Satanism, Divinism (worship of a living person), Mayan belief, Islam, Creativity, Nuwabuanism, UFO religion, euthanasist belief, a matriarchal religion, a Luddite religion (technophobic like the Amish and the Church of Humanity Unchained) and a WBC-like faith? Are they gone for good or what?

Of course a lot of other faiths still exist but in minorities mostly. And I am allowing people to make their own religons. Else for a matriarchic faith, Gaian involves a women lead society.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

User avatar
Arvenia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9999
Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:04 am

Imperial Idaho wrote:
Arvenia wrote:What about Judaism, Scientology, Atheism, Satanism, Divinism (worship of a living person), Mayan belief, Islam, Creativity, Nuwabuanism, UFO religion, euthanasist belief, a matriarchal religion, a Luddite religion (technophobic like the Amish and the Church of Humanity Unchained) and a WBC-like faith? Are they gone for good or what?

Of course a lot of other faiths still exist but in minorities mostly. And I am allowing people to make their own religons. Else for a matriarchic faith, Gaian involves a women lead society.

So this RP is medieval or post-apocalyptic MT?
Pro: Capitalism, Corporatism, Liberalism, Nationalism, Sweden, USA, UN, China, Japan, South Korea, Anime, Manga, Democracy, Monarchy, Republic, Akihito, Jesus, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Gustav Vasa, Zombies, Secularism, LGBT Rights and Religion

Anti: Racism, Nazism, WMD, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Donald Trump, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Benito Mussolini, Joseph Stalin, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Imperialism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, WBC, Satanism, Anarchy, Cyberbullying, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Uyoku Dantai, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment and Apocalypse

User avatar
Ithalian Empire
Minister
 
Posts: 3138
Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:09 am

Arvenia wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:Of course a lot of other faiths still exist but in minorities mostly. And I am allowing people to make their own religons. Else for a matriarchic faith, Gaian involves a women lead society.

So this RP is medieval or post-apocalyptic MT?

Post apocalyptic medieval.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

User avatar
Benuty
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35362
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Benuty » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:15 am

Arvenia wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:
RELIGIONS: (Custom faiths allowed)
Based in the former Rust Belt of the Great Lakes the first cultist stumbled upon an ancient pre-calamity factory, the complicated and elegant machinery could only have been the work of Gods to him and many after him. They believe factories to be temples to gods who will reward them with manufactured products if repaired. A great factory is to be used as the head temple of all Rust Belt Cultists.


One of the Oldest denominations of Christianity, it survives in the Great plains and Mississippi river coastline with its own American Pope in St Louis, however renamed to New Rome. The first pope was elected to the Papacy on July 4th, 2100 by a makeshift conclave of American bishops.


The earliest form of Cetic was created by the blend of cultures and religions within California, the current form of Cetic was created and defined by the first Emperor of California, using teachings from Buddha, the Bible, and others to create the faith to extend his own power among the populace. One is expected to make a pilgrimage to the holy sites in Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Francisco once within their lifetime. The religious head is the Celestial Emperor of California, who can excommunicate members and use their power to increase their legitimacy.


The People of Washington D.C, the Black Hills, and other landmark locations saw the great and mighty monuments and statues built by the United States to honor those they called founders. They were proof enough that ancient Americans worshiped the founders, so why shouldn't they? A pantheon of sorts revolving around the founding fathers and other presidents such as Lincoln and Roosevelt. Each independent Americanist ruler elects a President to be the head of the faith (similar to pope) who rules in Washington D.C. A pilgrimage, called tours, is expected to be made to one of the holy sites in Rushmore, D.C, Boston, and New York City.


Occultists are a group of pagans, generally considered by most to be unholy demon-worshipers, treading the fine line between orthodox and heresy to many. The Occultist beliefs are formed from the few pieces of "Ancient Lore" that survived the Event, most likely including works by authors such as H.P. Lovecraft or Stephen King. Their settings in New England are most likely responsible for the current predominance in the area.


The Anabaptists are a branch of Christianity originating from 16th century Europe, and the forebears of American groups such as the Amish, Hutterites and Mennonites, which banded together to survive the post-cataclysm world. Anabaptists believe Christians should remain separate from the rest of the world, refuse to hold office and refrain from violence even in war or self-defense, tenets which make life after the apocalypse difficult, and often quite short. However, outside influences would force the Anabaptists to adapt to the hostile post-Event world. After the murder of a former Amish King by an Americanist President, the Anabaptist betrayed their pacifist tenets to exact revenge on the Americanists. Since then, the mainstream Anabaptist faith has disregarded most of their pacifist beliefs, and became a force to be reckoned with in the Northeast.


The Norse are Pagans centered in Pre-Calamity Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the northern peninsula of Michigan, who believe that the Gods of their Norse ancestors struck down humanity because they had grown soft and weak. To remedy this, the modern Norse continue in the way of their Viking ancestors, raiding, pillaging, and conquering all who stand in their way. Since a portion of their faith is based off the NFL their priests are called Coaches, and great festivals not called Blots like the Norsemen of old called them, but called Superbowls and feature grand sporting events.


Based in the Pacific Northwest, Gaians worship the spirits of nature and the Earth, Gaia foremost among them. They believe that Gaia is interconnected to all the living things of Earth, the ancient soul of the Earth itself. They also encourage a society ruled by women rather than men, believing that men neglected the Earth, and Gaia struck them down because of it. Holy sites in Yellowstone, Crater Lake, the Grand Canyon, and Lake Pend Oreile and considered to be the most divine places on earth and defended to the last man.


Atomicists are Cultists located in the Southwest deserts of the former United States and in North-west Mexico (excluding the Baja region). They believe in a godlike power known as the Atom. While Nuclear power and Atomic theory are things long gone they know of an invisible energy around everything. They preach the glory of the Atom and its former benefits of Nuclear Power, the cancer and tumors however, not so much.


Founded by Joseph Smith in 1830 in the New England area. Based off of Joseph Smith's direct visitation by Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and the translating of an additional religious text to complement the Bible. Even before the Event, the Mormons were heavily prosecuted and developed a self-sustaining culture in Deseret. The faith expanded into territories around Utah, and the Kingdom of Deseret is the current Mormon power, holding almost all of Utah.


The Ghost Dance is the traditional belief system of the Northern Plains Indians, and holds to the belief that ritual dances can reunite the living with the dead, and having the dead fight on the behalf of the faithful, forcing white men to leave, and bringing peace and prosperity to the Native Americans. After the Event, natives in the Great Plains area began practicing their faith openly once more. While at first, it was limited to small tribes, the Sioux resurgence that toppled the Americanist realm of Lakota quickly adopted the faith, spreading it across the Kingdom.

What about Judaism, Scientology, Atheism, Satanism, Divinism (worship of a living person), Mayan belief, Islam, Creativity, Nuwabuanism, UFO religion, euthanasist belief, a matriarchal religion, a Luddite religion (technophobic like the Amish and the Church of Humanity Unchained) and a WBC-like faith? Are they gone for good or what?

The apocalypse tends to kill a lot of things.

Thats kind of its job to be honest.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity.
Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

User avatar
Imperial Idaho
Senator
 
Posts: 4064
Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Imperial Idaho » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:52 pm

Arvenia wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:Of course a lot of other faiths still exist but in minorities mostly. And I am allowing people to make their own religons. Else for a matriarchic faith, Gaian involves a women lead society.

So this RP is medieval or post-apocalyptic MT?

The technology has degraded to a medieval level, though a lot of buildings still stand and a few modern level things still work however.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

User avatar
Chewion
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19323
Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:03 pm

Hey can I be a country made up of the former states of Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, and Arizona?
Pro: America, Germany, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.
Anti: Modern Liberalism, third wave feminism, anarchy, fascism, communism, socialism, radical Muslims, terrorism.

Moonlight Lounge
[url=Moonlight Lounge]https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=447304[/url]

User avatar
Imperial Idaho
Senator
 
Posts: 4064
Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Imperial Idaho » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:13 pm

Chewion wrote:Hey can I be a country made up of the former states of Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, and Arizona?

That's pretty damn big. So i'll have to say no. I'd say stick to roughly the size of what we have now, the Confederation being an exception.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

User avatar
Chewion
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19323
Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:17 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:
Chewion wrote:Hey can I be a country made up of the former states of Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, and Arizona?

That's pretty damn big. So i'll have to say no. I'd say stick to roughly the size of what we have now, the Confederation being an exception.

Ok what about just Texas and Oklahoma.
Pro: America, Germany, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.
Anti: Modern Liberalism, third wave feminism, anarchy, fascism, communism, socialism, radical Muslims, terrorism.

Moonlight Lounge
[url=Moonlight Lounge]https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=447304[/url]

User avatar
Trotza
Minister
 
Posts: 2182
Founded: Feb 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotza » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:21 pm

Chewion wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:That's pretty damn big. So i'll have to say no. I'd say stick to roughly the size of what we have now, the Confederation being an exception.

Ok what about just Texas and Oklahoma.

I'm guessing he'd like to keep it closer to stuff like this. Just a thought.
__________
"If you like, someone has to be the bloodhound. I won't shy away from the responsibility."
- Gustav Noske, in the face of the Communist Revolution of 1919 in Berlin

User avatar
Chewion
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19323
Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:45 pm

So can I Idaho?
Pro: America, Germany, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.
Anti: Modern Liberalism, third wave feminism, anarchy, fascism, communism, socialism, radical Muslims, terrorism.

Moonlight Lounge
[url=Moonlight Lounge]https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=447304[/url]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi, Multiversal Venn-Copard, Parcia, South Raznakova, Sraelyn, Vanquaria, Vulnier

Advertisement

Remove ads