NATION

PASSWORD

Ashes Of Aethion Worldbuilding and Brainstorming

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

which OOC ETA

As soon as possible ( within a week)
33%
When the wb is all done.
50%
Either
No votes
Whatever.
17%

Total votes : 6

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:25 pm

My Empire app will be delayed.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:46 pm

Taht will be fine Ryg.

On the last page i added the test bestiary, give opinions on that. I also added things concerning stats and modifiers to the front page in the CC info spoiler. Opinions on that as well.

I am typing a prelim character app now.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:19 pm

The beastiary looks noice!

Currently watching a movie, but I will periodically check in over the next couple hours.
Global War on Crime
______
Operation: VENGEFUL SPIRIT
|____|
Order of the Purple Cross
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:31 pm

I have an idea for a story for the beastmen main religion

the legend of the five

A story about 5 heroes that emerged from the beastmen race and saved them from those who had controlled them.

Each of the 5 represented a type of strength, leading them to revere all strength not just physical strength.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:10 pm

Shadowwell wrote:I have an idea for a story for the beastmen main religion

the legend of the five

A story about 5 heroes that emerged from the beastmen race and saved them from those who had controlled them.

Each of the 5 represented a type of strength, leading them to revere all strength not just physical strength.

Makes sense, we often see events like this in religions, most prophets in Abrahamic religions are very much like this and the same for Catholic saints; I believe some polytheistic religions' heroes could put under the same umbrella as one could argue Theseus and Heracles are very much exactly like you have stated. What about something as such?

Five tribes were oppressed by a great king, the "divines" each send unto the tribes a champion; these five ofcourse free them from the wicked king - sorry, Shadow, I will finish this in a bit, personal issues, I'll be back real quick.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:31 pm

Somwething like that.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:52 pm

I have returned
<.< my family is crazy

Anyway, we could call them The Five Champions? Each could be the warrior of a god and embody a specific virtue, it kinda gives us the Catholic system of saints (which I find really neat) without totally ripping off the Catholic faith. I have no names, but I got some character ideas, the Cunning Fox, the Intelligent Crane, the Swift Rabbit, the Strong Ox, and the Calm Trout - you could almost take it in a Five Pillars of Islam way, have these virtues that all practitioners of the religion try fervently to obey.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:05 pm

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:I have returned
<.< my family is crazy

Anyway, we could call them The Five Champions? Each could be the warrior of a god and embody a specific virtue, it kinda gives us the Catholic system of saints (which I find really neat) without totally ripping off the Catholic faith. I have no names, but I got some character ideas, the Cunning Fox, the Intelligent Crane, the Swift Rabbit, the Strong Ox, and the Calm Trout - you could almost take it in a Five Pillars of Islam way, have these virtues that all practitioners of the religion try fervently to obey.

Or just The Five, possibly wise owl instead of crane and i was thinking Bear but ox works.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:08 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:I have returned
<.< my family is crazy

Or just The Five, possibly wise owl instead of crane and i was thinking Bear but ox works.

Bear sounds better than ox, cause dudes running around in bear pelts sounds much cooler than ox pelts :P
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:32 pm

I was thinling either a human kingdom or a dragon type neastmwn, Draconians, much stronger than most others and very artogant and superior much like dragons.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:00 pm

Shadowwell wrote:I was thinling either a human kingdom or a dragon type neastmwn, Draconians, much stronger than most others and very artogant and superior much like dragons.

Would be interesting, would it be possible to make them border the Witch King? To overcome vast numbers you often need either high power, great strategy, or great efficiency per soldier.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:I was thinling either a human kingdom or a dragon type neastmwn, Draconians, much stronger than most others and very artogant and superior much like dragons.

Would be interesting, would it be possible to make them border the Witch King? To overcome vast numbers you often need either high power, great strategy, or great efficiency per soldier.

possibly, but i was going to have the Legend of the Five, having take place long ago before the current Beastmen nations came to Estau.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:14 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Would be interesting, would it be possible to make them border the Witch King? To overcome vast numbers you often need either high power, great strategy, or great efficiency per soldier.

possibly, but i was going to have the Legend of the Five, having take place long ago before the current Beastmen nations came to Estau.

This would put the seeds of conflict needed for a war of nations, maybe this Evil King in the Legend of the Five was a human king who they rebelled against? You wanted a lawless area, maybe we make this highly volatile situation that area? On the continent of Africa, southwest Asia, eastern Europe, and even far southeast Asia there are tracks of land that are more or less what we would call the "wild west" (not nessecarily eastern Europe or far southeast Asia, but certainly southeast Asia and parts of Africa) as there is little law due to constricted government resources and general unrest among the populace. These could provide great models for designing that area, and it would be interesting to introduce this religion into that situation, either as a means of controlling it or maybe a means of increasing it? I do not think a War on Terror situation would develop form it as you cannot have terrorism as we define it today in medieval times (for the most part), so a bunch of tribes warring for really no reason would create some tension that could be an interesting issue to say a merry band of travelers simply trying to get through the jungle/desert/mountains/various locations.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:36 pm

so my empire might be going through a interregnum, might do some good for adventures looking for work.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:26 pm

I will work on the 5 ii got the character app dobe, we need a few human religions, possibly an elf one or two maybe involving spirits or something of nature.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:30 pm

Shadowwell wrote:I will work on the 5 ii got the character app dobe, we need a few human religions, possibly an elf one or two maybe involving spirits or something of nature.

I can make one for the Mikumwess (Nature Elves, common name since it is shorter and easier to remember), I got a few ideas in mind. Once I get it all worked out I will post it here.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:24 pm

So i was rhinking of starting the rp with all the characters in a group having been hired to do something. Something will happen and then everyon will wake up elsewhere maybe, that will also be when the Players become their characters for those who will do that.

Another thin i may not be making any characters just controlling Npcs and the systems.

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:26 am

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:For religions we obviously need a couple polytheistic ones and a few monotheistic, then whatever you would consider the religions like Buddhism which technically have no god (s)? Anyone here got good knowledge of religions? As far as texts go I got multiple Bibles, the Mormon book, and technically the Torah? Though via the Internet I can get a hold of a pretty reliable actual Torah and Quran for research. I am not so good with polythestic religions though as I never know what to make gods of or what to name them, I will gladly aid someone in making some though! ^.^

Religions can be monotheistic (one God), polytheistic (many gods), monistic (many gods which are parts of an overarching God [think Hinduism]) and nontheistic (no gods [as in Buddhism or Daoism]).

I'm thinking of possible racial modifiers for demihumans as well. For instance, orcs would get +1 strength, vitality and swiftness, but a -2 to charm and a minus -1 to intelligence. Goblins, on the other hand, get a +2 to swiftness and +1 to intellect, but a -1 to strength and a -2 to charm. Vampires are a bit more tricky, but I figure something like +1 to strength, swiftness and intelligence and a +2 to charm, but a -1 to intellect and a -2 to vitality. They would also suffer some consequence in sunlight I imagine. For werebeasts, it would depend on the beast for stats, but in "normal" form I suppose a +1 to a physical attribute of the player's choice would be sensible, while when they morph they gain further physical benefits at the cost of intelligence and basically a 0 charm score.

As for dwarves if they do join the roster, something like +2 vitality and +1 intellect, but -1 intelligence, charm and swiftness seem sensible. Another possible race would be gnomes, who could have a +2 to intellect and +2 to intelligence, but a -2 to vitality and -2 to strength. Or, halfings, with a +2 to swiftness and a +1 to intellect, but a -2 to vitality and -1 to strength. Finally, I saw mention of draconians, who seem like they would get a +1 to vitality and swiftness and a +2 to strength but a -1 in charm (their snobbishness seems off-putting) and a -2 to intelligence.

Finally, for character creation, I think everyone should start with a 3 in all stats, then racial modifiers are applied, and finally points are spent.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:34 am

Why 3 to start?

Ism
Negotiator

Postby Ism » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:39 am

Shadowwell wrote:Why 3 to start?

Well with 3, everyone starts off with at lest 1 in every attribute regardless of their race or choice in spending points.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:53 am

Ism wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Why 3 to start?

Well with 3, everyone starts off with at lest 1 in every attribute regardless of their race or choice in spending points.

True, but i think that would also give humans an advantage, due to the stats. I can simply make it you can't have a zero in any stat, that would just make it more important to choose wisely.

Character App- (Delete all in Parenthesis and DO NOT Alter the App.)
Name:
Height:
Weight:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Appearance:
Backstory: (I want this extensive, for now 2 paragraphs you can extend once more lore is done.)
[spoiler=stats] Strength: 1
Intellect: 1
Swiftness: 1
ntelligence: 1
Vitality: 1
Charm: 1

Perks: (What about them is good)
Quirks: (what about them might rub people the wrong way
Skills: (You can have up to five skills/abilities or 1-2 skillsets. List whether the skills are passive or active as well as subtype.)
Weaknesses: (Include racial weaknesses as well, personality related ones go in quirks)
Equipment:
-Optional-
Alignment:
Voice actor:
Likes/Dislikes:
[/spoiler]

Ism
Negotiator

Postby Ism » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:35 pm

I don't see how humans have an advantage, at least not one they wouldn't have if everyone started with a different score in all stats. They get an extra attribute point yes? That is a minor bonus, the real advantage of humans is their lack of a negative, but that is on par with the benefits other races have. Of course, I am saying this in ignorance of any racial bonuses beyond attributes, which could tip the balance I suppose.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:22 pm

Ism wrote:I don't see how humans have an advantage, at least not one they wouldn't have if everyone started with a different score in all stats. They get an extra attribute point yes? That is a minor bonus, the real advantage of humans is their lack of a negative, but that is on par with the benefits other races have. Of course, I am saying this in ignorance of any racial bonuses beyond attributes, which could tip the balance I suppose.

I was over thinking it, as

If.everyone has a base of three because of the lack of negatives humans can have three 7's in stats assume the others are neglected

Whereas the others would have atleas 1 or two 7s with bonuses or so, but it will be fine.

Ism
Negotiator

Postby Ism » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:16 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Ism wrote:I don't see how humans have an advantage, at least not one they wouldn't have if everyone started with a different score in all stats. They get an extra attribute point yes? That is a minor bonus, the real advantage of humans is their lack of a negative, but that is on par with the benefits other races have. Of course, I am saying this in ignorance of any racial bonuses beyond attributes, which could tip the balance I suppose.

I was over thinking it, as

If.everyone has a base of three because of the lack of negatives humans can have three 7's in stats assume the others are neglected

Whereas the others would have atleas 1 or two 7s with bonuses or so, but it will be fine.

Are character stats static? Because I had assumed they were dynamic, being able to be raised or lowered by events in the rp.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Ism wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:I was over thinking it, as

Are character stats static? Because I had assumed they were dynamic, being able to be raised or lowered by events in the rp.

I assumed they are dynamic, great question though, never really thought to ask.

I forget, are stats gonna effect the story still or are they just for character development here in the OOC?
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______