NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout: Horizon of War RP (OOC|FACTION|Sponsored)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Mighty Datlofian Empire
Envoy

Founded: Mar 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mighty Datlofian Empire » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:07 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
The Mighty Datlofian Empire wrote:

Does it exist? I did not realize this. I hope that is not a problem

Is there a reasonable explanation for your possession of mass amounts of power armor and vertibirds?

I saw there were the majority of Canadas bases there. Also they are not military issue much weaker. Instead of the normal armor it is the frame with bronze armor attached. As for vertibirds Canada was occupied by the US they could have been sent to controll the airspace and a a fallback point if china took northern canada.

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:18 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Is there a reasonable explanation for your possession of mass amounts of power armor and vertibirds?

I saw there were the majority of Canadas bases there. Also they are not military issue much weaker. Instead of the normal armor it is the frame with bronze armor attached. As for vertibirds Canada was occupied by the US they could have been sent to controll the airspace and a a fallback point if china took northern canada.

Okay, I can understand you having a few dozen cobbled-together sets of power armor, but not hundreds. You can say military bases, but how have hundreds of sets of power armor survived two-hundred years were they could have been stolen, destroyed, or just collapsed or been made irreparable by nature.

Vertibirds? Again, if they somehow were not stolen from air force bases or destroyed by now, how are they working when they've received no maintenance for two hundred years?
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mighty Datlofian Empire » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:27 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
The Mighty Datlofian Empire wrote:I saw there were the majority of Canadas bases there. Also they are not military issue much weaker. Instead of the normal armor it is the frame with bronze armor attached. As for vertibirds Canada was occupied by the US they could have been sent to controll the airspace and a a fallback point if china took northern canada.

Okay, I can understand you having a few dozen cobbled-together sets of power armor, but not hundreds. You can say military bases, but how have hundreds of sets of power armor survived two-hundred years were they could have been stolen, destroyed, or just collapsed or been made irreparable by nature.

Vertibirds? Again, if they somehow were not stolen from air force bases or destroyed by now, how are they working when they've received no maintenance for two hundred years?

Alright I will decrease them although I will have like 5 or 10 vertibirds. I mean if there are a llot of destroyed ones we should be able to make a couple of working ones. Also I will decrease power armor but up the quality of the standard infantry equipment wich is curently revolutionary war to ww2.

Padelan
Secretary

Founded: Sep 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Padelan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:29 pm

Hey everyone, sorry about my absence. It has been a chaotic week for me between classes and work.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mighty Datlofian Empire » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:34 pm

Padelan wrote:Hey everyone, sorry about my absence. It has been a chaotic week for me between classes and work.

Hi! would you mind taking a look at my app and giving me your thoughts? I am trying to adjust it to most peoples liking

Padelan
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Padelan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:40 pm

The Mighty Datlofian Empire wrote:I am new to this thing but I am gonna try and do it.

Idk how to do the end spoiler so I will put history here. In the political instability of 2277 the former Canadians finallly decided that they could rouse up enough power to unite. Slowly over time we gained more territory and eventually became what we are and slowed down. Now we are a merchant state with nationalist ambitions and high hopes for the future of our glorious empire

Faction Name: New Canadian Empire
Founding Year: 2277
Population (nothing over a million): 230,250
Leader: Jacob Corb
Notable Members: S
Territory: Territory surrounding lake ontario and eastern lake eirie.
Capitol City/Hold: Toronto

Armed Forces:
50 Special forces power armor troops.
60 artillery pieces
2,500 standard infantry
22 vertibirds
200 knights on horeback

equipment:world war 2 tech level guns for infantry, steel swords and pikes plus bronze armor for knight. Bronze plated power armor and heavy weapons such as miniguns for the power armor.

I would lower the number of artillery pieces, vertibirds, and maybe cut the population down just a bit due to the geographical size of your faction. The factions that have those kinds of numbers of equipment and population numbers have the larger tracts of land. Otherwise it looks fine.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mighty Datlofian Empire » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:50 pm

Padelan wrote:
The Mighty Datlofian Empire wrote:I am new to this thing but I am gonna try and do it.

Idk how to do the end spoiler so I will put history here. In the political instability of 2277 the former Canadians finallly decided that they could rouse up enough power to unite. Slowly over time we gained more territory and eventually became what we are and slowed down. Now we are a merchant state with nationalist ambitions and high hopes for the future of our glorious empire

Faction Name: New Canadian Empire
Founding Year: 2277
Population (nothing over a million): 230,250
Leader: Jacob Corb
Notable Members: S
Territory: Territory surrounding lake ontario and eastern lake eirie.
Capitol City/Hold: Toronto

Armed Forces:
50 Special forces power armor troops.
60 artillery pieces
2,500 standard infantry
22 vertibirds
200 knights on horeback

equipment:world war 2 tech level guns for infantry, steel swords and pikes plus bronze armor for knight. Bronze plated power armor and heavy weapons such as miniguns for the power armor.

I would lower the number of artillery pieces, vertibirds, and maybe cut the population down just a bit due to the geographical size of your faction. The factions that have those kinds of numbers of equipment and population numbers have the larger tracts of land. Otherwise it looks fine.

The real size of toronto irl is 2 million so I elliminated a huge amount in my opinion. However I will bring down the vertibird amount and the population as per request

Padelan
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Padelan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:56 pm

Padelan wrote:I would lower the number of artillery pieces, vertibirds, and maybe cut the population down just a bit due to the geographical size of your faction. The factions that have those kinds of numbers of equipment and population numbers have the larger tracts of land. Otherwise it looks fine.

The real size of toronto irl is 2 million so I elliminated a huge amount in my opinion. However I will bring down the vertibird amount and the population as per request

The population of Florida and Georgia irl is ~30 million. My population is 500,000

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mighty Datlofian Empire » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:58 pm

Padelan wrote:
The Mighty Datlofian Empire wrote:The real size of toronto irl is 2 million so I elliminated a huge amount in my opinion. However I will bring down the vertibird amount and the population as per request

The population of Florida and Georgia irl is ~30 million. My population is 500,000

What do you thin would be an acceptable number for me?

Padelan
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Padelan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:01 pm

Padelan wrote:The population of Florida and Georgia irl is ~30 million. My population is 500,000

What do you thin would be an acceptable number for me?

I think about 175,000 being generous

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mighty Datlofian Empire » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:05 pm

Padelan wrote:
The Mighty Datlofian Empire wrote:What do you thin would be an acceptable number for me?

I think about 175,000 being generous

Thank you. I shall put 170,000 people then

Nitom
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Nitom » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:09 pm

I may be thinking a bit too far ahead but after the US campaign is complete and whoever is left standing then should we start on other maps? Like have wars until there is a victor or we all destroy ourselves with nuclear weapons again?

I'd love to see everyone that loses on this map get to play again until we can all say that the world is either conquiered or destroyed in nuclear fire.

Viva la republic of Texas!
"Good, better, best.
Never let it rest.
'Till your good is better
And your better is best." -St. Jerome

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mighty Datlofian Empire » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:08 am

Nitom wrote:I may be thinking a bit too far ahead but after the US campaign is complete and whoever is left standing then should we start on other maps? Like have wars until there is a victor or we all destroy ourselves with nuclear weapons again?

I'd love to see everyone that loses on this map get to play again until we can all say that the world is either conquiered or destroyed in nuclear fire.

Viva la republic of Texas!

Personally

I dont want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your heart. In my heart I have but one desire.... and that one is for my app to be accepted, no other will do.

Bering
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bering » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:05 am

Tysoania wrote:
Internationalist Bastard wrote:Alright, gave a shot at a New York based empire

Faction Name: The Manhattan Republic
Founding Year: 2154
Population (nothing over a million): 40,000
Leader: Borough President Joe Hudson
Notable Members: Councilor Sofia Hunt (Hudsons Main Rival)
Jake Thomas (Wealthy Merchant/Bussinessman)
Jackie Heath (Largest Employer of Mercenaries)
Territory: Manhattan, small settlements throughout New York City
Capitol City/Hold: Wall Street

Armed Forces:
Troops
Hudson Family- 950
Hunt Family- 800
Thomas Family- 850
Heath Family- 1200
Total- 3,800
Weapons- Submachine Gun, Combat Rifle, Combat Shotgun
Vehicles- Large Fleet of small vessels, mainly old fishing boats and private ships refitted for trade and combat

History Canon/non Canon?:
When the bombs fell, the city of New York was bombed to barabarism. Raiders plagued the city, and many feared for their lives in the ruins of the once great city. Fortunatly, the rich and famous business people of Wall Street had prepared for this possibility, and prepared to profit by it. For many years, Manhattan looked no different from anywhere else, folks killing folks. But there was an order to the fighting few forsaw. After nearly a hundred years, the most wealthy families arose with the money and power to rule the island. Seeing no benifit to fighting one another, these families bound together to create a place where they were safe to pursue their business interests. Caling themselves the Borough of Manhattan, the Families created an illusion of continuity, and created a mock republic to please the masses. As Manhattan grew more and more stable, more and more trade began to run out of the old harbors. For the people of Manhattan, they were simply happy to see they lived someplace safe where their greatest concern was making ends meet. That the Families were completly in charge and constantly were fighting one another economically and with intrigue, nobody really cared.

Sounds like it's a Mob-influenced city. I like it.

Can you drop the one group below 1000? Other than that, no issues. All that it requires is the Mod Stamp of Approval.

I thought GA owned Manhattan

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:11 am

Bering wrote:
Tysoania wrote:Sounds like it's a Mob-influenced city. I like it.

Can you drop the one group below 1000? Other than that, no issues. All that it requires is the Mod Stamp of Approval.

I thought GA owned Manhattan

I know they own long island though not sure about Manhattan.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mighty Datlofian Empire » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:38 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:
Bering wrote:I thought GA owned Manhattan

Can you please review my aplication? Sorry about bothering you I just did not want to wait and then get told something is wrong.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:12 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:I know they own long island though not sure about Manhattan.

Can you please review my aplication? Sorry about bothering you I just did not want to wait and then get told something is wrong.

I'd say elaborate a bit more on how the government works, is it a republic or despotism or what.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Kerloff
Attaché

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerloff » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:35 pm

Does anyone else wish there were more savage factions? Everyone is a nice civilized republic. Where are the insane death cults? The raider confederacies? I know I picked NCR, but I would also like a more dangerous cast of factions to tangle with.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:49 pm

I tried to do that, but then I remembered I tagged as Communists, and communist raiders don't work. I guess the closest you'll get is the Jedens.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mighty Datlofian Empire » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:14 pm

Kerloff wrote:Does anyone else wish there were more savage factions? Everyone is a nice civilized republic. Where are the insane death cults? The raider confederacies? I know I picked NCR, but I would also like a more dangerous cast of factions to tangle with.

Mine is a republic but not civilized at all. It uses democracy to find a new leader once the old one dies but otherwise it is a empire. We use very little in date equipment and the power armor is made of BRONZE.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mighty Datlofian Empire » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:15 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:
Bering wrote:I thought GA owned Manhattan

Done

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:46 pm

Kerloff wrote:Does anyone else wish there were more savage factions? Everyone is a nice civilized republic. Where are the insane death cults? The raider confederacies? I know I picked NCR, but I would also like a more dangerous cast of factions to tangle with.

We could make some brutal raider groups and tribes out in the West if the Deseret guy doesn't get accepted and in Washington and Oregon.

(Image)

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:51 pm

My Khans, once complete, may be the closest you'll get to raider confederacies or any kind of brutal nation other than the Legion. Though if I can't finish the Khans' app, I'll most likely make some sort of backwards, twisted Native American tribe.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:46 pm

We ought to up the post rate guys. 2 a day isn't solid.

(Image)

Tysoania
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:01 am

Imperial Idaho wrote:We ought to up the post rate guys. 2 a day isn't solid.

I tried to lure someone into contacting me by sending out a Wasteland-wide radio message, and I'm waiting on the groups I'm interacting with.

Nobody responded to my radio message. Shame.
The Cold War in 6 words:
Monsone wrote:the USSR is up to something

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse